Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myohhmy

UPDATE: March Collectors Corner

myohhmy
18 years ago

Please post here for your pick of partners for March's Collective Corners. The other thread is almost filled up.

Rember don't have to be expensive, just thoughtful!

Comments (121)

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

NEW: collectors corner year round new robin
    Posted by Myohhmy z5 MICH (My Page) on Tue, Jan 3, 06 at 20:07

The few, the proud, the collectors. Geared toward serious gardeners with named varities who like to TRADE.

Year long round robin. Much like a pal of the month but with a twist. You will not be sending to the same person each month. You send to a different person each month more work for me but more fun for all! Most of the time you can pick who you trade with. You can do more than one exchange as long as everyone has been picked first.

Each month there will be a different theme. You can send priority if mailing late or early mailers can take advantage of lower rates with parcel post or media during February. You should not have to buy a lot for this. Would like to keep costs below $8 per month INCLUDING SHIPPING. Goal is for people to receive each package by the first of the month each month.

February  Garden Books or cook books exchange
    March  "open from collections list
    April  Seeds
    May  Perennials and seedlings
    June - Daylilies
    July  sedums, hens and chicks, or houseplants
    August  iris
    Sept  FAVORITE PLANT EXCHANGE
    Oct  Bulbs
    Nov - cannas and or dahlias
    Dec - Christmas secret Santa Âopen from listÂ

This is my first draft, any suggestions substitutions or revisions welcome. If you donÂt have the item to be traded for that month take a look at the trade pages and give from that. All trade pages will be shared with the entire group. Items can be gently used and some may be non-flower related. Each month you can post want lists and have lists for that topic.

I will send out an in depth questionnaire to the people joining. You tell us what you want to receive. Open months like mystery boxes from anything on your want list, great if you collect other things as well.

This group will REQUIRE FREQUENT POSTS BACK TO THIS GARDENWEB THREAD or personal emails. If you are not able or willing to do that please do not join. I need members to post so I know who received and who did not. Plus it is always nice to know that you sent was received and appreciated.

LIMTED SPACE AND MUST BE A SERIOUS COLLECTOR TO JOIN. Sign up by Jan 14 and first shipment mailed by Feb 1. Sorry no newbies unless you have items listed and can provide references. Members will be dropped for non shipments!

Hope this helps those who didn't record the info for this robin!

Happy Spring,
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

thanks tina. i have that somewhere on this computer, but a few weeks ago someone thought they were doing me a favor (without my knowledge) and "cleaned" my computer. who knows where anything is and all my favorites are G O N E!

i thought it was collections, but wanted to make certain.

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Maryanne I just wanted to let you know your package is all sealed up and will be heading your way tomorrow! It is filled with goodies I hope you will enjoy!

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

bump

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Over half the the people if I followed this thread correctly HAVE NOT received their march packages yet. Please let me know if I missed anyone - I'm doing this almost at midnight so forgive any erros and just post corrections.

I am very suprised that only half our players received their boxes by now! The mailings were to go out by March 1. Plus we had two people this last week who did not even know what they were suposed to be sending. Thank you to all who did send on time - the postings make it sound like people enjoyed what they received.

PLEASE GET YOUR BOXES OUT ASAP! Slow mailings have killed many robins. I am a bit fustrated at the whole situation. Any suggestions? Do I need to get my whip out? hee hee

RECEIVED Ilovefarac (Melinda)
    DID NOT RECEIVE. wynative
    RECEIVED Theresa Boring
    DID NOT RECEIVE Marge
    DID NOT RECEIVE mkruby
    RECEIVED mellen
    RECEIVED debba
    RECEIVED Jan PlantladyJan
    RECEIVED veeja11, Carol
    DID NOT RECEIVE Hummingbirddaisy Tina
    DID NOT RECEIVE. Myohhmy Myann
    DID NOT RECEIVE. Earthy Delights

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

i am wondering if EVERYONE RECEIVED for february.
    that should be the main concern right now.

i for one WILL NOT send a march box until the player i chose for march makes good for sending out her february package in fairness to the partner she chose. it would certainly be very unfair if this person keeps receiving and doesn't make good on the sending! the mail really can't be that slow now, can it?

earthly/maryanne

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Just wanted to correct the post above! MargeC did receive a nice box from Debbya. She got it the 28th of February! Was she on the ball or what! So she has rec'd both Feb. and March boxes. Thanks, MElinda

• mellen
    18 years ago

Tina and I are the best of friends and live about 15 miles apart. We just haven't seen each other in a couple of weeks because we were gone one week-end and my son was here all last week. I have had her gift since the beginning of Feb. We just need to get together so I can give it to her. I doubt she is worrying about it--we are that good of friends.

I still have not received for February.

Mellen

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

jan

i enjoyed receiving both your note and your package, which arrived today.

In it were two wonderful crosses to add to my growing collection, a "welcome frog" windchime who is already in place, an adorable easter dishtowel and a solid chocolate bunny.

I appreciate your kindness jan, thanks so much.

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    18 years ago

So, almost everyone has received for March so far. I think we do have some great players here. However, I agree with Earthly. It is not fair to keep on playing if you can not fulfill your end. It is not fair to the other players and also not fair to our hostess who is trying so hard to make this fun for everyone. Mkruby, we are all sorry about the trouble you are having and continue to pray for your aunt. However, you might consider sitting out until things have settled down for you. If this is what you decide...let us know and we will pitch in and get your Feb & March boxes taken care of. These things just happen sometimes.
    Theresa

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

mellen, i am certainly sorry you got stiffed in this swap. no one deserves that.

i made up for mkruby's lack of proper and fair play and put some things together for you for february, even though you will be getting it in march.

shame on you mkruby...too many poor excuses. you should return what marie sent to you since you chose not to be fair and send you end.

if anyone thinks that is harsh, i can only say "oh well". there are way too many unfair players that seem to come out of the woodwork, and it was pointed out to me, so many more come out especially at springtime to come in for the kill and disappear. i'm getting tired of seeing people get stiffed - most especially people i care about and people that play by the rules. we all work hard for our money and toil endless hours in our gardens. why is it right for people to TAKE AND NOT GIVE?. the excuses in this one were way too lame for me. and in furtherance of that, you can't keep saying you are sending and you don't. heck, USPS makes it so convenient, they will pick up from your house. barnes and noble, borders, any of the large bookstores offer gift certificates. one could have been sent. this is just pathetic to have to deal with another "PLAYER". tsk tsk tsk.

mellen, i sure hope you enjoy what i sent.

xoxo
    maryanne/earthly

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Wow! .........................

Forst, I want to apologize to Myohhmy for being tardy. I AM NOT a dead beat trader. I'm sure several of the girls here can vouch for me (at least I hope?)

And Mellen, You KNOW I am not the least bit worried. You are my best friend girlie, and I love ya! I hope you are feeling better (((((mellen))))))

Earthly, you know how much I think of you (at least I hope you do), so please! don't get upset with me when I say, I wish things could have been handled privately between you and mkruby. It hurts my heart to see such negative feelings.
    Really, we just don't know what is going on in someone else's life, right? I can remember a time when I got sooooooooooooooooo far behind because of something that had happened in my life and fortunately, for the most part, everyone was so patient and caring. The ones that was hurtful really was truly just that, hurtful. Had the others been that way, I just don't know what I would have done. I hope you understand what I am tryimg to say, as I would never intentionally say anything to hurt you or to bind our friendship.
    Surely we can all help work thru this time with mkruby.?.
    I am behind right now as well on my seed trades and robins. I have ever intention of making up for it. That's all I can do. And thank you Myohhmy for being so patient with me.

Sending hug's to ALL you girls!
    Happy Spring,
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

tina, i would vouch for you anyday...no question on that! at least you have the courtesy to keep the line of communication open as opposed to just disappearing and/or ignoring or deleting e-mails.

FYI: this was handled, by several of us, in many ways. it's ashame it has to be this way to ruin it for others. my stated disappointment is for anyone that chooses not to play fair and to continue to take and not give. it's almost two months since this swap started tina, hence my message.

be well,
    maryanne/earthly

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I get to see mellen!!!! tomorrow! cha cha cha cha cha CHA! (doing the happy dance) ;-)
    I can't wait!

~~~~ Tina~~~~

• wynative
    18 years ago

mkruby, I hope your life is getting better! As per me recieving this month, I am confident that you will come through and I will enjoy my package. You were so understanding about me sending late and in 2 different boxes last month, Thank you.

Praying for you,
    Marie

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

If the group is having this much problems with the easier exchanges that we started with what is going to happen when we get to more involved and costly packages later on? I was hoping a year round robin would install faith in eachother and prevent problems. I see that is not so.

mkruby aunt is DIEING I think she needs some consideration. However, I understand the fustration that comes from late boxes. As a host I am unsure of what should be done about the issue. Thank you for sending a make up box earthy, that was very kind of you. BUT She did send another email to day saying she is still planning on sending both boxes.

I am holding off on the seed robin until I deciede what to do about this group. It is already to go... Is everyone still interested in being in the seed robin? Not many people have posted to the new thread. I will bump it up as this one is getting filled up.

This too shall pass.... I hope our group can get back on track. PLEASE let's keep the negativity out of the threads and not brow beat the issue.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

mya

i am just following your instructions. you sent me an e-mail saying she wasn't going to play. (i'm summing up your email). someone needs to really make up their mind here adn as the host, you need to keep this swap together. i'm not being negative, i'm being REAL. let's think about this, okay?

i have sent mellen her books. i'm not real intersted in what mkruby does from this point on. also, after this box, i am going to dismiss myself from this swap.

earthly/maryanne

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    18 years ago

Do let's keep this group together! PLEASE! I think it is such fun and has some great members. I already have my seeds ready to go in the robin. Can't wait! Sory if I expressed any negativity. Didn't mean to. I just thought we were supposed to sit ourselves out if we were having problems during a particular month. But I will be HAPPY if all members stay in our group.
    Theresa

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Ok, Doggie go get mkruby. Earthly is never negative, she is saddened by her friends getting stiffed, we do have people who come in the spring to grab what they can and run. Look at poor Susie in the hospital and still playing fair. earthly don't leave us you are one of the honerable players. I feel, life happens, just drop out don't fleece people.you gotta do a lot to anger mary anne. I love ya Earthly don't listen to anyone who dosen't. I am in on the seed robin

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

I would never said anything negative to anyone or about anyone (I do not know what is going on in there lives and I do not per judge). So, I will not start now. I always look for the positive in everything (it drives my husband crazy). So the positive is mellen and wynative got alot of extras from me. My husband took the boxes this afternoon to mail (he forgot to get tracking on them). So they are on there way.

Mellen there is one more book coming to you in a second mailing.

To the Wonderful Hostess, Thank you. There is so much I could said about (positive) you. I will be ready for the Seed RR, when you say the word.

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I don't believe I per judge either, sometimes it takes outing people to get them to send. if it works I am happy
    Thankyou Earthly

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

I have faith in you mkruby7. I'm glad you are not discouraged hun.

Tina

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

I AM BEING POSITIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU HUMMINGBIRDDAISY

MKRUBY7

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

mkruby7 - Just my two cents here, but I feel that you have been forthcoming with your entire situation from day one. And I know my friend, as I have been in a similar situation, that even when you have THE BEST of intentions, life STILL pulls you under, and makes your decisions for you whether you like it or not. I have seen posts from you every since the beginning of your Aunt's illness. You have kept in contact with each host, and trade partner. I am not exactly sure what else could be asked of you, except to make gardeners more important that your FAMILY. In my ever so humble opinion, you have your priorities straight dear. Frankly, I am disappointed, and surprised at some of the reactions you have gotten in this robin. For that, I am sorry. Please know that continued prayers for your Aunt and family, as well as for you, are still being said in this household.

Myohhmy ~
    Please forgive me, but I have to remove myself from this robin. Please be reassured that I will send you a lovely box for this month. You have been a WONDERFUL hostess. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of it for as long as I was.

Mellen gave me my gift Thursday night. She handed me the lovliest and most gorgeous huge throw pillow and throw with old world style roosters on them. I just LOVE them. Thank you so much! I love you girlie!

I wish you all well, and I hope that this robin straightens out and runs smoothly as it could be an AWESOME robin.

Enjoy ~
    Tina

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Tina, you are one of the wonderful traders, please don't leave. please talk with Earthly she can explain what is going on here. please stay you are very special. hugs carol

• mellen
    18 years ago

Tina and Earthly, I wish you would come back. There is so much more here going on than you know. I joined a book exchange group that our hostess is also head of, and due to my not getting e-mails from her on what I was to do, I "messed" it up. I have apologized to her, but she thinks I am a liar. This is an example of e-mails I have been getting from her. Earthly, have you been getting the same treatment? Mkruby, I believe, has just been used as a pawn in this whole thing. I can't believe I'm doing this, cuz this is not how I usually operate, but when I am accused of making Earthly and Tina quit, that is going too far. Mellen

mellen you sent me the books back then said you were not part of my group then said you were part of the group and would send the set on to make up for screwing up the robin. Now you are saying you have no garden books. please excuse yourself from both my robins. You already had tina and earthy quit. Let's make it three.
    I am very sorry it had to come to this but this is just too much hastle.

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

Mellen, you are one of the true "rays of sunshine" on garden web. We've been in so many swaps together and have gotten to know one another through this exchange, that you sit high in my eyes. I saw this sign that says "live in such a way that if any should speak badly about you, no one would believe it". When I read that, I thought of you, Mary Ellen. You exude all that is good. Enough said there.

As for this swap, I did not back out because mkruby is not a decent, fair and reliable player. That would be the last reason. Shes the one she faces in the mirror. I chose to back out because I remembered that I didnt want to get involved in another year long swap. Had I, I would have stayed in the very well-organized, on top of it host, garden exchange ring. I chose to back out for my own personal reasons, my own life obligations that take priority over this. I belong to another group that when and if I chose to trade, swap, etc., I can and will, and know that not only myself, but no one else in the group will get shafted.

So please Mya, apologize to Mellen for the sake of decency. She did not make me quit, Im a big girl and make my own decisions. Im not trying to turn this forum into an episode of jerry springer, but who you should have been policing all along was the player that actually failed this group, who I note now has backed out for the next few months think that tells you something? Mya, please recall, (in your frustration after receipt of her e-mails), that you e-mailed me and told me that mkruby was not going to live up to her obligation and thanked me for making up the box to Mellen.

Be well everyone, continue to play nice!
    Maryanne/earthly

• mellen
    18 years ago

Earthly, Thank you for your kind words.

I have been nothing but kind in my e-mails to our hostess--in this swap and in the other book swap. The other side to the story is that Mkruby was used to get back at me, in my opinion. Our hostess was upset with me over the book swap, thus I believe she told Mkruby to take her time getting her February gifts to me. Mk, not knowing what was going on, took her at her word and trusted her that it was okay. Who wouldn't? This is when everything started to go awry.

I still would like to stay in this exchange because of all of you wonderful women. I have either traded, sent boxes, or received wonderful boxes from most of you in the past. (Melinda, I did get your leprechaun box sent!)But it looks like that is not going to happen, and it makes me sad. If this exchange continues, I wonder if our hostess would reconsider having me? Blessings to you all, Mellen

• skohler
    18 years ago

HI GAL'S :))
    I have been trying to keep up on this but lost track the last 2 weeks ;(((

I would just like to say this I have told myohhmy
    that I would be very happy to fill in for anyone who cannot get their box out , "NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON "
    Just email me your pal's info for that month & what is

to be sent :))
    just so you understand I will recieve the box you were
    to get . but that dose not mean I will be in every
    month :((( unless someone gets sick ea month :))

Girls I love you all & we all know we cannot predict
    as the turn our lives will take .
    it was a very big shock to me to find out I had a blood clot in the lung & if it wasn't for my brother letting you all know , there might have been a few people
    calling me a dead beat.

just let me know if I can help anyone out .
    feeling better in mich :))

susie

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

skohler - Thank You, glad to hear you are doing better.
    veeja11 - Can you explain what is going on ? Oh, I have your houseplants ready to go out for the 'houseplant RR'.
    mellen - Am asking the host not to kick you out. Please let mellen stay.
    hummingbirddaisy's - am sad to see you go, but I understand.
    theresa24 - Maybe I should have sit out, but sometimes you just don't know what life brings you. Plus, the host told me to take my time.
    earthlydelights - I do understand life obligations are priority, but if something changes. Would you please think about coming back (if we are still here). Sent you a email, I hope you read it.

trying to catch up on ALL life things, mkruby7

PS. If you have something to said to me that is not nice, please email me and just post here that you sent a email (just in case it goes to my junk box). I don't think we need it here anymore.

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    18 years ago

Is all understood and forgiven? Can we give each other a great big "e-hug" and keep this group together? I hope so.
    Theresa

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I am sorry but nothing makes me meaner than 1 of my friends being stiffed but if 2 friends are unhappy I can't contain myself, please take Mellen back, Susie you stay in bed, no boxes from you please. I am ready to forget and forgive if my friends are happy, That includes you Tina. Personally I believe it is the job of the hostess to arrange a substitute sender and silently drop or give the offender a couple of months off.Susie is our #1 hostess I am sure she would be happy to help you out with any questions Myann.Earthly this month is a seed robin so you get a month off before sending again.I see you were a vic in this one.so please ignore it and come back, all three of ya. sorry can't spell victum so said vic. Lets regroup. hugs to all Carol

• mellen
    18 years ago

I was kicked out, Carol, but I would like to stay in. I have no ill feelings towards our hostess as she obviously has towards me. I hope she can find it in the goodness of her heart to reinstate me. Mellen

• skohler
    18 years ago

veeja11
    I told myann when the group formed that I could fill in
    I have a great brother who is ready to help me get caught
    up.
    I plan to shop tomorrow when I go to my blood draw :))
    just to have on hand :))
    am I addicted or what ;))) guess no more then the rest
    of you.
    just know I'm here if anyone needs a player for you :)))
    hugs
    susie

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

I vote we all stay in and work things out!!! Come on lets not give gardeners a bad name!! Yes life does give us all ups and downs at times and I for one have had a heck of a few months. I would like to add that all I have been through it is friends I have made on GW that keep me going!! I appreciate all the friendships I have made through GW. I am willing to help if someone needs help with getting things caught up. Springtime is here and it is a time for new beginings so lets have a group hug and continue on.
    Sue is a wonderful gal to have in this swap! I do want you to rest up Sue!! Please take care of yourself!! I know you have a wonderful brother whom will help you!
    Ok so has the robin started yet?? I think we all agree we are all ready for take off!! I want everyone here to know I offer peace and friendship to all involved with this group!
    Speaking for myself I have had pals whom haven't been able to get a package mailed out and they have let me know and I have always been fine with it after all it is not the gift I am after but the friendship and sharing that keeps me involved. Even though packages come late I try to understand and keep communication open. Ok I will shut up now!! Hugs!

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING. My mother even has her crocuses blooming! What a beautiful day I am going to go enjoy it, but first I am breaking my silence about this whole mess and then it is OVER as far as I am concered. I am not waisting any more of my time on it.

SUE you are the light at the end of my tunnel. Thanks for your offer of help. You are always welcome but we will either sink or swim. You just consontrate on getting better! It was great talking with you the other day. We will let you know if you need to step in after May. You are the best!

Mellen,
    My book robin has been going for a year and in that time no one else has problems with it. You droped out of the group then wanted back in. I let you back in as long as you made up the missed shipment. I said if you sent the books you can be in the following month. Now you say you have no books. I really don't need to play these games with you.

Besides that I let you into this robin giving you the benifit of the doubt after you dropped out of the book robin. Since then you have told me I flaunt myself. How that is 'always being nice to me' I do not know. And now you are saying I plotted mkruby against you. That is rediculous and hardly 'nice' either. Why would I mess up my own robin? I was trying to be understanding to her situation.

Then I asked you to keep our troubles between us between us yet you have repeatedly posted to the whole group. I would have tried to work it out with you but airing our differences in the group has made that impossible. I do want you out of both my robins. I know that is going to make people mad but that's the way it goes.

Earthy wanted out, she's out. I NEVER said that mkruby would not send. I had no idea either way - but she said she would and had other players indicated she would too and now she has. You chose to send a make up box, I did not ask you to do it. I simply thanked you because it was a nice thing for you to do. Re=read the thread. But you keep going on and on and on. I know you wanted to help your friend but at what cost?

I am not going to argue with you earthy and mellen or go over fine points. ITs not worth my time or energy. You live on this boards, I just visit. I wish you both the best of luck - there are plenty of other robins out there. Enjoy

Tina I have nothing but respect for you and if you want back in, you are more then welcome but I don't blame you for leaving - it has more than crossed my mind.

So we are down to 9 players if mkruby is in, 8 if she is not. If everyone still wants to I can get the april robin started by April 1 after all the dust settles around here.
    The rest of the group I am sorry you had to go through all of this.

Happy spring!

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

Am ready for April. I will have to sit out in May because I never got any seedlings started. And I only have 'lily of nile' from last year. For June is daylilys and I only have one small plant. And in July my son is off track from school and am in Dallas for a week. Also if my Aunt is still around I would like to go see her again.

mkruby7

• mellen
    18 years ago

Hmmm.....so I guess I'm out. I was hoping our hostess would be a bit more magnanimous. Myann, you just proved my point that you didn't like me from the get go when you said that you weren't sure you wanted me in this swap. As far as your other swap, I followed any directions that I ever received from you.

Bye all, Mellen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Sorry all but if Mellen is kicked out then I am out too, Can't be a very good robin if Mellen isn't allowed, or Earthly so count me out. thankyouCarol

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    18 years ago

sigh.....This was a great attempt at some fun. I guess I'm out too.
    Theresa

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

Host - Do you know if earthly is sending my box for March ? She hasn't answer my email to her.

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

It looks as if this Robin is coming to an end. Just want to thank the gals I traded with and look forward to seeing you around GW. Take care!

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

ruby, i'll answer you here.

first, you DONT send e-mails. i don't get whatever it is you say you send. just like mellen didn't get what oyu said over and over and over that you were sending.

NO, i am NOT sending to you for march. for march, i'm making up what you failed to send in february. if you don't think that is fair, check yourself. now, if you live up to your end, and send everything you signed up to send in your various swaps, play fairly and honestly, then i wil consider sending. did your partner receive for march yet? did your partner receive for february yet?

i cannot reward you when you chose to play this way. how fair is that to fair, reliable and honest players?

shame on you.

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

This is to earthlydelights, am DONE with you talking crap about me. I tryed to keep it off of here. I like mellen and would never not send to her.

Here is a copy of the email I sent you.

From: "JACKIE SUE GRANA" Subject: copy of email to earthy Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 10:22:23 \-0800 I did not want to post on the GW page. I want this to end. And I hope you can have a opened mind, be nice and understanding. The hostess told me to take my time getting my February gifts to mellen ( And I kept in touch with the hostess and NEVER told her I will not SEND my boxes). And I also email mellen and she also understood. In fact she has not said one bad thing to me or about me on GW or in a email. I kept my word and sent her box. Yes, it took a little longer than plan. I also sent you a email (sorry you didn't get it, it didn't come back. so I had one idea you didn't get it) to you when you ask me if I wanted you to sent something to mellen. I said 'thank you' that would be great. AND I was even going to send you something as a 'thank you'. Then I was being attacked. It was hurtful. Thanks to Tina I was able to stay posistive (as per Tina's post:THE BEST of intentions, life STILL pulls you under, and makes your decisions for you whether you like it or not. I have seen posts from you every since the beginning of your Aunt's illness. You have kept in contact with each host, and trade partner. I am not exactly sure what else could be asked of you, except to make gardeners more important that your FAMILY. In my ever so humble opinion, you have your priorities straight dear). I am a decent, fair and reliable player. I was in skohler RR around Christmas and had problems. As for me sitting out for three months (normal I won't explan). Because I wasn't around I have no seedlings started (for May), I have no daylily's (for June) and I will be gone for most of the month of July. Like it's any of your business. I think life obligations are priority. And that was the only reason am sitting out. And why it took me so long in sending out my boxes. It had nothing to do with taking and not giving back. Am a very giving person. Just ask mellen and wynative when they get ther boxes.

MY Febuary and March WILL have there boxes within a week (I have recept from postoffice). Which is also none of your business. As for any other swaps I have pending is also none of your business. Oh, are you talking about the 'Houseplant RR', were am soppose to send to veeja11. I also emailed her and ask if still wanted to trade. She has not answer my email. I will not send until I hear from her. The host has been email and we are both waiting to hear.

If you decide NOT TO SEND, you would be doing what you EXCUSE me of doing. So is that playing fair and honest. Ok, if you want to wait to see if mellen gets her box. Fine.

AND the only excuse I had for sending late is my Aunt is DIEING. I don't know were you got that I had excuse after excuse.

WELL, NOW THAT YOU GOT ME MAD !!!!! I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY NOW.

All I wanted to is make peace, mkruby7

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

OPPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correction: I was in skohler RR around Christmas and had NO problems.
    Sorry skohler was pretty mad when I wrote the posting last night. I normaly wait and calm down before I say anything.

Skohler is a very good host.

• wynative
    18 years ago

Jackie (mkruby7)

My box arrived today and everything is WONDERFUL! I recieved lots of seeds ~ Round Carrots, cantalope, beats, chives, canna's, confederate rose single & double, guva fruit tree's, chamamile, and 3 different hibiscus that I didn't have - pale pink, moschuetos and flower of the hour. A bag of carmel/apple suckers ~ YUMMY! The guy's I work with stood around like vultures till I opened them & shared. A purple candle and a purple bunny, 2 m.k. lotions & lip gloss, an adorable little trinket box with dolphins on it ~ my daughter will love it as that is one of the things she collects. AND...... 4 new succulant starts - love these!

Thanks for everything!
    Marie

• myohhmy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just waiting on one more box from march.

Looks like this robin is now over as the majority has dropped out. Thanks to those who were on time and great traders. I hope we all learned some valuable lessons from all this. I know I have. Best of luck...

• mellen
    18 years ago

A box from mkruby arrived yesterday. Our mail system continues to amaze me. She sent the box media mail, and it came from CA in less than a week. Here is what she sent: A cute little blue and white bunny-it is my favorite color of blue. There is also a citronella candle, a package of caramels where you can see the white fondant in the center. Those are always good! Two pairs of gold-colored earrings, a very pretty fairy potstake where she is holding a flower. I do like it. There were also two trial size tubes of Mary Kay Satin Hands and moisture lotion along with some Satin Lips lip balm. I do like their lip balm. Thank you for that. There are also three different packs of mixed canna seeds. Mk, can you tell me what types might be included? I love cannas. There is also a pack of mixed conferedate rose seeds. For the books she sent a booklet titled Beginner's Guide to Birdwatching. I also received a hardcover book titled Outdoor Spaces--Landscape Design for Today's Living. It's interesting to see how thing some things have changed since 1987. What was thought to be so fancy back then is so plain compared to now. Very interesting to compare. I also received another booklet on birds and how to attract them to my garden. I really like this one and will be using ideas from it. Thank you. Mk also sent her February copy of Horticulture magazine. I have not read that mag. before, and I liked it. Thank you for giving up your copy. I received a book in the mail earlier this week from someone in Michigan. Do you have anything to do with it? Thank you for the gifts, Mk, they are appreciated. Mellen

• mellen
    18 years ago

I have a few final thoughts that I would like to share. What I am about to say is not said with any vindictiveness or anger. Honestly. Please just hear me talking very calmly and matter-of-factly.

Jackie, I do sympathize with you about your aunt, I really do. I have a FATHER who is DYING from Parkinson's. I was in a car crash a few years ago that has caused irreversible nerve damage to my arm. The pain has flaired up again to a level that is about to drive me over the edge. It is very difficult to do anything with it without pain, but I continue with my obligations--including those that I make here on GW. No, receiving books from you was not the point of this whole discussion. It was NOT the material things as some may have suggested. For any person that I know to even entertain the thought that it was material posessions that was important to me, is very, very troubling.

Jackie, you had the open-ended choice to sit out a month if you were not able to fulfill your end. Those were all part of the rules, and that is what you should have done. Nobody would have had any problem with it. That would have been the fair thing to do. Even though the hostess told you it was not a problem to send "whenever," that should have raised a red flag to you that she was not following her own rules that she had set out. You could have saved yourself so much heartache if you had just passed on February, let another person take your name, and then you just not received a box for that month. I'm betting you're thinking--But the hostess said....sure, but the hostess, again, was not following her own rules. I do recall your initial e-mail to me about your aunt, but I just don't remember you saying that you wouldn't be sending. It was also unfortunate that you kept e-mailing that you were sending, but then nothing would show up. So now here we are close to two months after this box should have been sent, and it is just now getting here.

No, GW is not my life. It just happens to be a place I can visit to chat with other people who share a passion for gardening as I do. A place where I can come to relieve stress from my long hours at school, from my physical pain, and all the other obligations of life that we all have. I am no better than anyone else here. I will never claim that, and I hope that I don't appear to be that way. If I do, somebody tell me, please.

As myohmmy said herself above, we did have some wonderful traders who were on time and good traders. I hope you have learned something from all of this. All of you, be good. Mellen

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Miss Mellen, the voice of reason. I did not receive an e-mail from you MK, I will not send until you send in any swap
    Mellen please check out our swap it is your month. hugs carol