Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ajsaylor

NEW: New Tomato Seed Secret Swap!

asaylor
17 years ago

Hi!

I am starting a new secret seed swap just for tomato seeds.

It will be limited to 9 people (10 including me), so please make sure you can meet the criteria before signing up!

To join this swap you will need:

1. 10 different tomato seed varieties in quantity of at least 30 seeds each.

2. The ability to send these varieties by Feb. 17th

3. A wish list (optional, but helpful)

The swap will proceed as follows:

You will send me (the host) your 10 varieties (at least 30 seeds of each). After all seeds have arrived I will divide them up and send you back 50 varieties of at least 6 seeds each.

Why only 50? Because 30 seeds of each variety is a much more manageable number than 60! Also, in case of duplicates, you will not get the same variety back (unless everyone sends the same variety---this is where the wish lists help.)

Once you are accepted into the swap (first come, first served) then post your wish list (if you have one) this way people can try to send seeds that are wanted rather than send a bunch that everyone already has. Please send me your list of seeds that you wish to send. (Okay, so it won't be secret to me!) That way I can hopefully prevent many duplicates by asking if you can substitute a variety. If not, that's okay, just as long as you have at least 10 varieties of 30+ seeds to send.

And most importantly----HAVE A BLAST!

Thank you,

Andrea

Comments (14)

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Andrea,
    Not like I need more tomato seeds, but being that you're hosting, and I am a tomato addict, I'll have to join : )
    I'll send you a list of seeds I have lots of by Friday, ok.
    Remy

• asaylor
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sounds great Remy! I think I actually missed trading with you this year! Still enjoying your St. Remy Perfit, thanks for introducing us all to this great variety!

Send your seed list and wish list (if you have one) to my email address, asay715@aol.com (for some reason GW email doesn't reach me).

Also, I meant to say this in the intro, but only OP/Heirlooms no hybrids.

Thanks, Remy!

• blackadder
    17 years ago

Hi, Andrea

I'm in:)

Thanks, Ron:)

• ourhappyhome
    17 years ago

Honestly the last thing I need right now is more tomatoe seed but the thought of getting something I don't already have is so yummy I can't resist. I'm sure I have 30 of atleast 8 different varieties, but will have to take a look at my supply to find 9 and 10. Okay, count me in!

Signed,
    a true tomatoe addict

• asaylor
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HI, everyone!
    We are up to 15 people so far (the limit of 10 went out the window a long time ago!) but the more the merrier, so if you still want to join we're happy to have you!
    Andrea

• skyblue52
    17 years ago

Hello I would like to join. Sent you an email.TTYL Susan

• zztopsoil
    17 years ago

I Would Like to Participate in...
    This 'Love Apple' Love Fest.
    Sent You an E-Mail.

ZZ.

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Andrea! Can I still sign up? I have many varieties that I can share. Thanks! - Lisa

• asaylor
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dear ourhappyhome,
    I tried to email you through GW, but I haven't heard back from you (unless I just don't recognize the name!) So please email me at asay715@aol.com and let me know if you still wish to join!
    Thanks,
    Andrea

• clay_lady
    17 years ago

I would love to be in this swap. clay_lady

• granilege
    17 years ago

Please include me, too! GL

• ganesh108
    17 years ago

Hi,

Please include me also. I woud like to join in and have some fun.

Sonya

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi Andrea,
    I mailed the seeds to you yesterday.
    Let me know when they arrive.
    Thanks,
    Remy

• asaylor
    Original Author
    17 years ago

As of today, 2/16, this swap is officially closed, with 24 people participating!
    Thanks to all!
    Andrea