Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: New Tomato Seed Secret Swap!

Posted by asaylor z7 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 6, 07 at 15:38

Hi!
I am starting a new secret seed swap just for tomato seeds.
It will be limited to 9 people (10 including me), so please make sure you can meet the criteria before signing up!

To join this swap you will need:

1. 10 different tomato seed varieties in quantity of at least 30 seeds each.
2. The ability to send these varieties by Feb. 17th
3. A wish list (optional, but helpful)

The swap will proceed as follows:

You will send me (the host) your 10 varieties (at least 30 seeds of each). After all seeds have arrived I will divide them up and send you back 50 varieties of at least 6 seeds each.
Why only 50? Because 30 seeds of each variety is a much more manageable number than 60! Also, in case of duplicates, you will not get the same variety back (unless everyone sends the same variety---this is where the wish lists help.)

Once you are accepted into the swap (first come, first served) then post your wish list (if you have one) this way people can try to send seeds that are wanted rather than send a bunch that everyone already has. Please send me your list of seeds that you wish to send. (Okay, so it won't be secret to me!) That way I can hopefully prevent many duplicates by asking if you can substitute a variety. If not, that's okay, just as long as you have at least 10 varieties of 30+ seeds to send.

And most importantly----HAVE A BLAST!
Thank you,
Andrea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: New Tomato Seed Secret Swap!

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 19:27

Hi Andrea,
Not like I need more tomato seeds, but being that you're hosting, and I am a tomato addict, I'll have to join : )
I'll send you a list of seeds I have lots of by Friday, ok.
Remy

o

Sounds great Remy! I think I actually missed trading with you this year! Still enjoying your St. Remy Perfit, thanks for introducing us all to this great variety!

Send your seed list and wish list (if you have one) to my email address, asay715@aol.com (for some reason GW email doesn't reach me).

Also, I meant to say this in the intro, but only OP/Heirlooms no hybrids.

Thanks, Remy!

o

Hi, Andrea

I'm in:)

Thanks, Ron:)

o

Honestly the last thing I need right now is more tomatoe seed but the thought of getting something I don't already have is so yummy I can't resist. I'm sure I have 30 of atleast 8 different varieties, but will have to take a look at my supply to find 9 and 10. Okay, count me in!

Signed,
a true tomatoe addict

o

HI, everyone!
We are up to 15 people so far (the limit of 10 went out the window a long time ago!) but the more the merrier, so if you still want to join we're happy to have you!
Andrea

o

Hello I would like to join. Sent you an email.TTYL Susan

o

I Would Like to Participate in...
This 'Love Apple' Love Fest.
Sent You an E-Mail.

ZZ.

o

Hi Andrea! Can I still sign up? I have many varieties that I can share. Thanks! - Lisa

o

Dear ourhappyhome,
I tried to email you through GW, but I haven't heard back from you (unless I just don't recognize the name!) So please email me at asay715@aol.com and let me know if you still wish to join!
Thanks,
Andrea

o

I would love to be in this swap. clay_lady

o

Please include me, too! GL

o

Hi,

Please include me also. I woud like to join in and have some fun.

Sonya

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 14, 07 at 14:18

Hi Andrea,
I mailed the seeds to you yesterday.
Let me know when they arrive.
Thanks,
Remy

o

As of today, 2/16, this swap is officially closed, with 24 people participating!
Thanks to all!
Andrea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here