Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abitodd

NEW: First Annual Spring Daylily Swap

abitodd
17 years ago

Sign up now for the First annual Daylily Swap. If we have never traded please be prepared to provide references of former swaps. This will be for 5 daylilies. You will need to provide a list of daylilies you have to trade as well as a list of daylilies you would like. If you do not have a preference that is fine too.

I will be moving soon so I have to get rid of lots of daylilies and lots of other plants too. This is just a starting point. I only intend to move small clumps of my daylilies and I do not want to leave behind to many. This trade will be for named daylilies only at this time. If there are some of you that do not care about the names then by all means please feel free to join in and if there are several of you we can pair you off. Looking forward to a great colorful spring.

abitodd

Comments (64)

• veeja11
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I would like to join if you will have me, plmk thankyou carol

• abitodd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Welcome Jennifer and Carol,

Sorry I have not been around in a few days but have had some tragedies in the family so just have not felt much like getting online.

I am working on a questionnaire to be filled out by everyone. Also for those of you that I have never traded with and do not know please have your references ready when the questionnaire gets to you.

Looking forward to a great daylily swap.

Spring is just around the corner.

Deni

• michigansandi
    17 years ago

Hey Deni!
    Don't forget to add Lee to this swap. I know that her's and mine are mostly the same, since most of my stuff is at her place, but she does have some that I don't. Thanks!! Sandi
    PS She tells me that all of the daylilies are coming up! WOOHOO!!! Spring is coming!

• myohhmy
    17 years ago

I would like to trade some too. This sounds great, now hurry up spring hurry up!

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

I'm seeing Robins:) Yes, I think Spring is on it's way, oh what a long winter.
    Snow was gone yesterday, but we got hit again this morning, I should soon know what I will have to swap,
    :)Anita

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

If this swap is not until late April or in May, I too would love to join. Many of mine are up alot and some are just coming up. Still have to move alot and try to get my list made of the ones I have that are available to trade. I have a list of wants made! LOL! Always wanting something else!! I would prefer only named ones. Thanks, Melinda

• abitodd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello Ladies,

Sorry I have not been around but its been a mess here, I will have the spread sheet ready to put your lists in by next week so please feel free to start sending me your haves and wants. Please send as complete a list as you can of your haves. Split it up as to haves and have to trade. That way maybe you will not get something that you already have. You have until April 5th to send me your Haves and wants. You can add to your want list up until April 15th. On or about April 16th I will partner everyone up and you will have until May 10th to ship to your partner. Will that work for everyone? I will list below those that I have for this trade. I will leave it open for others to join until April 5th. I will write more in a day or so, check back then.

Deni

Shirley
    Meghan
    Betty
    Anita
    Sandi
    Kathi
    flowersandbirds4ever
    livelyhope
    Carol
    Jennifer
    Melinda
    Lee
    myohhmy
    and me

Myohhmy, livelyhope, flowersandbirds4ever, and Jennifer Please send me several referances of others you have traded with no GW. Also if anyone on this list can vouch for any of these 4 please let me know. I know and have traded with all but you 4 and I just want this to be a safe trade zone. I do not want any one of the ladies here to not get what they are suppose to get and that goes for the 4 of you too.

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

I will email you my trades tomorrow

Jenn

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Hi Deni,
    Not sure of my haves till spring is here, not sure if I can dig by May 10th, will have to see what the weather is doing here, I will try to get some sort of list, but it is going to be very hard as things are just waking up here, :)Anita

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Hello! I have a large list of my wants already typed out on my GW page. Do you want me to retype and send to you or can whoever just look there. Am working on my haves this weekend! Thanks, Melinda

• abitodd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello ladies,

Anita,

These dates where just what came to mind. We can change them. I know you have been getting hit really hard up there. I am in the DEEP SOUTH so I will have daylilies blooming in the next month. I am still working on my lists. You give me some dates you think will work for you and we will go with them.

Melinda,

I can go to your GW page and get your lists. Not a problem at all.

Jenn,

That will be fine.

As stated the dates where what came to mind. If you are running late calm down. No need to stress. Just let me know whats going on. Anita will be giving me some different dates and I will post the new and final dates when I here back from her. I will in the mean time continue to work on my have list. I keep a running want list...lol I will have some nice things coming and I always hope I get an extra fan on some along the way so I have some to share.

Deni

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Hi Deni, I would like to sign up if you will still have me too???? I am kinda in the same position as Anita. Everything is just starting to come up here in zone 4. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have a better idea of what is out there! MaryS

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I am moving, so will try to get a list tomorrow, if I can't get it I will drop out as moving is about to kill me. thankyou carol

• abitodd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mary,

Of course you may join, Not sure why everyone keeps saying "if I will still have you" makes no sense to me. I dont have a problem with any of you. My problem is with 2 people in the TD's. The rest are no problem to me. I dont think either one of those 2 will be asking to join anything I am a part of so lets move past this. I have tons of daylilies set aside to trade this year and since I am no longer part of the TD's I have no one to trade them with so I am doing this for now. I also have tons of other perennials to trade so I may do one of these for those as well.

Ok now, Anita, Mary and Carol, come up with some dates that will work for the 3 of you and we will go with those dates. The ones I came up with above where ones i just pulled out of the air, they did not mean anything. If you 3 ladies would get together and figure out those dates and either post the new dates here are email them to me that would be great.

For those of you that do not have your lists together yet please just work on it and ignore the dates above for now. i will set new dates for all when I hear back from the 3 ladies above.

Those of you that need to send me your former trade referances please do so ASAP.

Thanks
    Deni

• myohhmy
    17 years ago

hi, I sent a referrals email to you. please let me know if you got it or not. myohhmy@comcast.net

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Oh, Man oh man, we are going back down, low 20's for the next week, I have been tossing any mulch I could get my hands on, on any of my 2006 additions that have tried to rush the weather. NY weather is sooooooo unpredictable. I would think in the next 2-3 weeks I will know exactly what I still have, I see I lost Lee Pickles, Luckily I got it from a wonderful seller through a Co-op & it will be replaced, I really wanted that one, I lost another but I cant remember the name right now.
    :)Anita trying to wish the cold away

• abitodd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good evening ladies,

Ok I thought I would do this as I have had 2 of you email me as to what and when so look this over and let me know what this sounds like to all of you.

When to have your have list ready - May 10th
    When to have your want list ready - April 22nd
    When will I pick partners - May 15th
    When will you ship to your partner - May 21st or May 22nd

Now as for how this swap will go. This is for a minimum of 5 daylilies. Yes if you want to send more than that to your partner or if you and your partner choose to do more than 5 that is fine. But you must do atleast 5. I am going to say single fans but again if you and your partner want to do double fans or more that will be between you and your partner.

Once you receive your daylilies please post here. We all would love to know what you got.

This is how this will work. Your partner will choose 3 daylilies from the have to trade list of your partner. The remaining 2 daylilies will be chosen by your partner to send to you. Now if you choose newer daylilies from your partner then make sure you have the same comparable types on your list. It would hardly be fair for one partner to send $200 worth to their partner when there partner is only sending $20 worth to them. Lets make this fair to all. If you only have older daylilies to trade then consider only picking ones that are comparable to the ones you can send. If your partner say pick whatever and does not care that you will not be sending the same quality that is between both of you. Just trying to make this a fair and happy swap. If someone does not understand please feel free to ask. I will try to explain it better.

Livelyhope, flowersandbirds4ever, and Jennifer Please send me several references of others you have traded with on GW. The references need to be to me by no later than April 15th. If these are not received by then I will assume you are not interested in being part of this swap. If any of you would like my references please feel free to ask. I will be happy to give any of you a very long list of those that I have traded with. The others, Mary, Shirley, Meghan, Betty, Anita, Sandi, Carol, Melinda, and Lee I can vouch for. I have traded with all of them.

Now as for the last thing. I have tons of other perennials and things I had acquired to trade this spring and summer and currently do not have but a few to trade with so I am starting a perennial trade group to include daylilies, hostas, ect. if anyone is interested please feel free to join. Same rules apply, if I don't know you or you are not being brought in by someone I know you will have to provide references. This will be a group that will trade plants and other things. Just a friendly group of traders that would like to trade with others. Some know what I am talking about. Just an offer if anyone is interested here. I am just really leery of getting back into trading with those I do not know as I was burned many times. Been there done that and didn't even get a T-shirt.

Its getting chilly out again so I need to go move a few plants in.

Nite all,
    Deni

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Sounds great to me:)Anita

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

Sounds good! I too am getting hit with freezing weather and trying to mulch and cover things again! Hope it doesn't last long. Going to loose our fruit this year I'm afraid! Azaleas are blooming and so many things up and blooming. Iris, linum, dianthus, many things! What a bummer! And I have poppy seedlings all over about 2 inches high and it makes me sick! Working hard at keeping things going but one never knows! The poppies were special ones and first time I have done them and they were doing so good! Been covering but with cold for several days they may still get hurt! Looking forward to this! Wanting so many daylilies!! But I always want something else!! LOL!
    Have a great day! Melinda
    Happy EAster to everyone!

• abitodd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hope that this is Old Man Winters last Hoorah. I want to see all the flowers in bloom.

Deni

HAPPY EASTER ALL

• abitodd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hope that this is Old Man Winters last Hoorah. I want to see all the flowers in bloom.

Deni

HAPPY EASTER ALL

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I think I can have a list ready by the new date, thankyou dead carol

• abitodd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How all of you are seeing some glimmer of Spring heading your way.

My Haves and Wants will be on my GW Exchange page if anyone wants to take a look.

Deni

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Ha,I wish Deni, I awoke to it snowing like *&%7 this morning, still coming down good, I started a list a few days ago, but will now have to wait for the snow to melt to see anything again, :(Anita

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Anita, Yea we had the snow here too on Tuesday and Wednesday! Some towns around here had to cancel school on Wed. It is melting today just in time for ?more Friday and Sat. Hope it goes south this time! (Sorry people south of me)
    Surprisingly things do not look too bad today! The daylilies/iris are still green down by the soil. Just the top is white and mushy. The crocus are still trying to bloom! Unbelievable!
    Not so sure about what will happen with the tulips and the pulmonarias will have to regrow. They are black! My coralbells may need to be trimmed up too!I plan to wait and see what happens!
    I just looked and my lists at GW are gone too...POOF!
    I will have to redo them.
    As soon as this snow melts I will have to go see what I have to trade!

• livelyhope
    17 years ago

Deni/ abitodd/ I have sent you references of those that I have traded w/ twice and they are also listed on my GW trade list. Please check their because apparently you are not getting the emails. The references were listed on the same emails as my "have & wants" list.

If you do not have these - give me an email address as to were I can resend them.

Miriam

• abitodd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hope all of you are getting ready...I am and I am getting excited and ready for our trade.

Deni

• Melinda Hagen
    17 years ago

It is getting closer! Although alot of my daylilies got froze on the top leaves, I think they are coming out of it just fine.

• myohhmy
    17 years ago

ok, I am resending my list to you. let me know if you do not get it this time.

My dream want list is on my page. Don't expect them but never hurts to dream. Otherwise, not too picky... Anything I don't have is ok. PREFER spiders. Prefer named varities. Do not much care for orange and yellow unless they are spiders. How is that for a want list? lol

I need to double check and see what did and did not make it through the michigan winter. Always lose afew. Hope to update list soon.

• abitodd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Ladies,

Check back tomorrow night. I will have partners posted.

Deni

• abitodd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Please post and let me know who is still with us so I can assign partners. Please post by Friday.

Thanks

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning! I am still in! Thanks, Melinda

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

I'm in......Shirley

• mary_s
    16 years ago

I am still in. MaryS

• myohhmy
    16 years ago

I'm in...

Whos driving??? Can we go to daylily town where flowers are always in bloom.

• mamasllamas
    16 years ago

I'm new to this forum seen you're looking for others that traded with you before if you still would like another person to trade with I'm happy to trade I have a bed full of daylilys and would love more irises or lilys in trade. i have lots of double orange spider lilys. and many unnamed doubles and ruffles thanks on my page is one of my iris beds that have some daylilys in it.

• abitodd
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have emailed everyone I have not heard from. As soon as I here back I will send out partners. If I do not hear back from everyone by Monday night I will post partners with the ones we have. If need be I will take on 2 partners. Not a problem. I guess I can list the partners I had already done so everyone can start looking over the lists. Then if we do not hear back from someone I will just take their place or if there is someone else that does not have a partner we can move them to be there partner. Hope this makes sense. I am brain dead with all that has gone on with Meghan this week. Her surgery went well and we came home Wednesday night. We then had to rush her back to the hospital and they found that something had been nicked when they where in there and she was bleeding into the abdomen. Scared us to death. We are back home now and she is doing well. She is ready to get this trade going. Below is the partner list. I will put brakets around those I am waiting to hear back from. If there are no brakets you can go ahead and get your trade started.

Deni's partner is (Lee)
    (Lee's) partner is Deni

Meghan's partner is Shirley
    Shirley's partner is Meghan

Betty's partner is (Anita)
    (Anita's) partner is Betty

(Sandi's) partner is Mary_s
    Mary_s's partner is (Sandi)

(Kathi's) partner is myohmy
    myohmy's partner is (Kathi)

Melinda's partner is (Carol)
    (Carol's) partner is Melinda

As I hear from those in the brakets I will let you know so you can get on with your trade.

Deni

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Thanks for letting us know! I certainly hope Carol is still playing, but couldn't find a list of here daylilies on her page. But plmk as soon as she let's you know!! Thanks and have a great day! Melinda

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

I still want in, sorry about the MIA..:)Anita

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello again ladies! Looks like myohmy is my partner now! Please look at my list on my page as it is updated-at least on my daylilies! Email when you decide what you may want. Thanks, Melinda

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Betty,
    Please look at my list on my page, Please Email with your picks, Thanks :)Anita

• myohhmy
    16 years ago

I am having trouble finding good photos. Can anyone suggest a good website? I got a new computer and all my favorite links were on that computer.

sent you an email ilovefarac... let me know if you did not get it. or send directly to my email at myohhmy@comcast.net

thanks!

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I sent an email back to you and one with a few sites to hopefully find some of the pics! Thanks, Melinda

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Deni,
    Please have your Mom E-mail me!! She has NO LIST at all, Thanks :)Anita
    P.S BETTY, If you are reading this please E-mail me a wish list:)

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Deni's Grandmother passed away Thursday morning. This is Bettyboops Mother and of course Meghans Great Grandmother. Please keep this family in your prayers at this difficult time in their lives. Their daylily boxes will go out next week.

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Betty,Deni and Megan

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

You will definitely be in my prayers and thoughts! May God bless you and yours during this difficult time. Melinda

• meghan_in_ms
    16 years ago

Hey,

I am sorry I am so late posting. I received my box from Shirley and all I can say is WOW. It was so stuffed full I could not believe it. I got all of the following in my box.
    VINTAGE BORDEAUX
    PRISCILLA'S RAINBOW
    MALENY DEBUTANTE
    NOW AND ZEN
    CHICAGO ARNIE'S CHOICE
    ROSY WREN
    RED GRACE
    PINK PEPPERMINT
    SILOAM AMAZING GRACE
    Siberian Iris My Love

Shirley, This box really meant a lot to me, it was the highlight of my last few weeks. Thank you so much for such a great box.

Mom(abitodd), Memaw(Bettyboops), and I thank you all for your special notes on the passing of my grandmother. She was a true Southern Lady to the very end.

Meghan

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Meghan-I also received my wonderful box of daylilies from you. Boy did I do the happy dance when looking those beauties up. Thank you so much for the best box ever.

Daylilies from Meghan
    Another Distraction
    Chevron Spider
    Cindys Eye
    Gemini Jack
    Indian Giver
    Loves Purest Light
    Pamela Williams
    Raspberry Winter
    Santuary in the Clouds
    Swirling Spider

Not only did I get Spiders that I love but also Doubles...Yes

Shirley

• mary_s
    16 years ago

I received a wonderful surprise box from Deni last week.
    She sent 10 daylilies...many spiders. I was so excited as I looked each one up. They are beautiful. I was leaving for a few days but did get them all planted and they had a nice rain on Sunday! Thank you so much Deni!
    She sent...
    String Bikini
    Inky Fingers
    Love's Purest Light
    Swirling Spider
    Another Distraction
    Queen of Diamonds
    You Angel You
    Early Snow
    Enchanted Autumn
    Raspberry Winter MaryS