Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lunamoon_gw

UPDATE: Crafter's Cottage Robin is in Flight

lunamoon
18 years ago

The robin is in flight! I tried to fill it with an interesting assortment of items so there would be a little bit of something for everyone. Confirmation #0302 1790 0001 0546 0400

The flight path:

lilylouise

earthlydelights

amybabyboy3

efrosty1

debbya

hummingbirddaisy

romando

tanarae

debbie sw ok

mellen

glassmouse

clay lady

lunamoon

Please post when you receive the box and when you send it on along with the confirmation number. Don't forget to let us know what you took out too!

Comments (82)

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Alrightyyyyyyyyyyyyy then! My delivery guy (my DH LoL) didn't get the box off until today. He had mailed a box yesterday and thought it was the robin box, so I apologize on his behalf, :-).
    The conf. # is
    0305 1720 0002 2016 3765

IT's fat little body is in flight and on it's way.
    Thanks for a great RR lunamoon!
    Tina

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 1720 0002 2016 3765

We attempted to deliver your item at 4:24 pm on March 24, 2006 in ALBANY, CA 94706 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Let us know when you pick up the package and what you pick out, Romando!

• romando
    18 years ago

Dang it all. My son woke up yesterday with pinkeye (yay!) so we were at the doctor's office at that time. Criminey. You know, I could stay home for a week straight and nobody would call and not a soul would come by. Oh well. So folks, I can't get the box until Monday, unless I can wrangle the rugrats into the car asap before the p.o. closes this afternoon. Here I go.
    Amanda 'romando'

• romando
    18 years ago

Woo hoo! Got to the post office right after my last post, and got the box. If I'd had an extra 1/2 hour, I could have gone back to the p.o. and sent if off to the next destination (it was easy picking my goodies and I already had my contributions waiting on the kitchen counter), but I didn't make it. But at any rate, I chose these:
    various bath salts,
    assorted hand poured soaps,
    and a super cool stone looking sun
    I added these which I made:
    a large picture frame earring holder
    two small picture frame earring holders
    eight pairs of earrings
    a large suspended pressed flower arrangement (from my own garden flowers)
    a medium framed pressed flower arrangement (my flowers)

I packed up the box carefully, stuck on the next label, and it's ready to go back to the p.o. on Monday morning! I'll post the confirmation # once I get it.

I had no idea how talented everybody was! I'm a sucker for the smellies, so my nose led me to the bath stuff...lol

Amanda 'romando'

• romando
    18 years ago

Okay--
    confirmation # is:
    0305 2200 0000 0623 5158

Amanda 'romando'

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Hello Ladies, I got the round robin box today, yoooo hooo! So pleased at all the great crafty things in there. Just scanned over the contents to take a peek. They all look great. No damage. I will make my selections this evening and mail out in the morning. Thanks for including me in this round robin. Tanarae

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Tanarae~ Did you mail the package out yet? If so, can you please post the confirmation number? Thanks!

• mellen
    18 years ago

Jenell, I got your message about sending the box after if leaves me. Mellen

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Hello all, no I haven't mailed the package yet. It will go out in the morning. Thanks Tanarae

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Tanarae~ Did you get the package mailed out yet? Please post the confirmatin number if you did. Thanks!

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Okay ladies, I can't make a label for Deb Hobbs in Ok it keeps saying it is an invalid address. Deb will you please send me a correct address so I can get this package mailed off today. Thanks Tanarae

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Bump!

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

tanarae,
    I emailed you my mailing address. Sorry if you got it twice, I don't mean to spam ya.

I emailed it through GW yesterday but since I didn't get a reply I figured it may not have gone through. That's been happening a lot lately.
    I emailed again today without using the GW link, I hope you got it.

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Deb I emailed you at your gardenweb link here. I still do not have your correct addy. As I said my old address is no good. You need to email me directly at plantastik@charter.net.

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

tanarae,
    I never got an email from you. It seems like GW email links are not very reliable lately.

I just forwarded the info to the address you posted above. Let me know if you get please.

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Tanarae~ Did you get the package mailed out yet?

• romando
    18 years ago

Whoa. Long time now... was I really the last person to have the box before tanarae? That was 2 weeks ago...

Amanda 'romando'

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Bump!

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Bump!

Hopefully, this robin will be in flight again soon.....

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Tanarae sent me an email on Mon., April 10, that stated she was mailing it the next morning which was Tuesday April 11.

It's been a week now & I haven't gotten the box or any more email so I'm not sure what the current status is.

I hope she's o.k.

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hopefully everything is ok. She hasn't responded to any of my emails....

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

I hope everything's ok too...
    I really had sooo much fun with this robin, it's been one of my favorites so far! I love making craft items, and being able to trade for things I don't make was really neat! Luna, thanks for putting this great robin together, I hope it goes back on track soon. There were so many neat things in the box when I had it!
    If you ever do another one, I'll be first on the list to sign up!

• tanarae
    18 years ago

Hello you guys, I am sorry to have gotten so far behind. I have sent the package and the delivery confirmation # is 03060320000089341478 and it was mailed on the 18th so Deb should be getting it soon. My new business has been keeping me too busy. Thanks for letting me participate. I removed two pressed flower pics and a small round vase with painted flowers. I put in quite a few xmas felt ornaments that I make. Sorry again for the hold up. Tanarae

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Tanarae,
    The round glass globe has 'gallery glass' flowers pressed on the glass. You can basically clean the entire thing with warm water/rag, just go over the decal really quickly. Don't use any abrasives on it or chemicals. The decals really stick and last forever! I made some ivy and trailed it down the glass in a curio that I have. I clean the glass as usual with windex, and just go over the gallery glass with warm water/rag. The decals never lose color or change.

I'm glad the box is back on track!

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

The robin landed this morning & took flight to Mellen's house this afternoon. :)
    Confirmation number# 0304 3490 0001 4357

I chose a small picture frame earring holder with 4 pairs of earrings attached. Actually my niece chose & took off with them. Darn kids! LOL

I added 2 magnolia scented soy jar candles.

Luna,
    Thanks for including me in your robin.

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Glad to see that the robin is back on track! I can't believe that it only has a few more stops left! This has been a fun robin!

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

I just realized I posted the wrong confirmation number above, I forgot one set of numbers.

The correct number is: 0304 3490 0001 2054 4357

• mellen
    18 years ago

Debbie, No need to worry about the number, the box arrived here today in fine shape. I haven't taken the time to open it yet as I have been outside taking advantage of the beautiful weather. I will open it tonight after the sun goes down, and I can take the time to sit and enjoy. Mellen

• mellen
    18 years ago

I finally had some time to sit and open the box. I am going to keep one item--it is one magnolia-scented candle. There is another one in there, but I will leave it for someone else to have. I make candy--specifically turtles so that is what I will be putting in the box. It will be mailed on Monday. Thanks for allowing me to be part of your robin, Jenell! Mary Ellen/Mellen

• mellen
    18 years ago

Life is going waaayyy to fast right now. The box will be going out today headed to Sharon. Conf. # is

0305 1720 0001 3914 3728

Mellen/Mary Ellen

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Clay Lady~ Did you get my email about sending the package to Earthlydelights instead of back to me?

• glassmouse
    17 years ago

Hi, everyone...I have the box. I've been out of town the last week for my sister-in-law's funeral, so I wasn't able to pick the box up until this morning. I will mail it off some time this week--to be honest, it's going to be a few days since I'm swamped with catching up at work (gone for the funeral, plus it's the end of the semester), but I will mail it as soon as I can this week--I'll post the Delivery Confirmation # when the box is on its way--

• glassmouse
    17 years ago

I've opened the box--so much wonderful stuff! It will be hard to choose--and to limit myself to a reasonable number! :)

I have two questions:

1. I seem to remember someone saying that they'd put in a special item for Jenell, as a thanks for hosting the robin. But of course, I can't find that message now. Is there anything that's earmarked for the hostess that I should keep my grubby paws off of?

2. I need Clay Lady's name and address--the only address label in the box is the one that goes back to lunamoon at the end of the robin.

Thanks--I'll mail this out as soon as I can, although as I said above, it may be a few days--

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

glassmouse~ I sent you an email with clay-lady's info

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bump!

• glassmouse
    17 years ago

The box is on its way to Clay Lady! Delivery Confirmation #: 0305 2200 0001 5524 7347.

My apologies for taking so long--swamped at the end of the semester, especially with just getting back from the family situation.

In any case, there was so much good stuff that I wanted to keep it all! In the end, I took out:

--2 felt ornaments (santa and cat)
    --a magnolia-scented soy candle (I live close to Decatur, IL, the soybean capital of the world, so I thought it was appropriate)
    --2 bags of delicious turtle candy

And, as befitting my GardenWeb name, I put in some silly stained and beveled glass things I've made.

I do want to apologize for hogging all the turtle candy. I honestly meant to take out only one bag and leave the other bag for someone else. But DH is an ultra-distance runner and is always looking to "fuel up," and he ate both bags before I could stop him. I should have known to tape the box right back up again, since he will eat anything that's not nailed down. (And sometimes he'll eat what's nailed down, too...and the nails, to boot.) But it was delicious (I managed to get one or two pieces before he scarfed everything in sight)--and not only was it turtle candy, but it was actually made with little turtle-shaped molds! Delicious and adorable. Again, sorry no one else got any...but if it's any consolation, DH ran extra miles that day--

Thanks for such a great robin!

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

bump for the crafty people. :)

• glassmouse
    17 years ago

Did the box arrive safely? Did I send it to the right person (Clay Lady)?

• clay_lady
    17 years ago

I just wanted to let you know that the box arrived safely and the stained glass was gorgeous. My computer has been sick--- The monitor has been staying black-- which makes it hard to know what it is saying. The computer tech took it to his shop and kept it for awhile and couldn't make it mess up-- even though it was doing it for him at my house-- That's frustrating. My daughter got married on Sat so things have been wild here. The package went out again confirmation number 0305 2200 0047 8449. Hope it arrives safely. I sent some of my polymer clay characters and some other goodies. Thanks for allowing me to join in the Robin and sorry that my computer was out of circulation. clay_lady

• glassmouse
    17 years ago

Eh, computers! I teach a course that meets only online, and the instructor's screen always looks different from the students' screen. So I have a student account, too, so I can make sure the student screen looks the way it should. But here's the creepy thing: the computer program recognizes me as the instructor, no matter what! It always shows me the instructor screen, even if I log in as a student, and from a different computer. Creeeeeepy! Sometimes it's like teaching with HAL from _2001: A Space Odyssey_!

Congrats on your daughter's wedding--Saturday was my wedding anniversary, as well.

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The package is now on it's way to Earthly. Confirmation #0304 1560 0002 4018 2327

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hello everyone. the box came today. i just now sat and opened it. i'm so in awe of the clay stuff. i'll go through everything and try to get it back in the mail tomorrow. if not, it will have to wait until monday, but i'll do my best. luna, you are in for a treat...very interesting things. i must commend everyone on their talents, even on those things i didn't see :)

i'll post later.

earthly/maryanne

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi janell, everyone.

i haven't made my final picks yet...much to chose from. i just wanted to get on and let you know that it was not mailed today.

maryanne/earthly

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Earthly,
    What special crafty items did you end up choosing? I had a hard time narrowing it down to a few! Everyone has such creative talents, I would love to see what's in the box now!

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Earthly, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the robin and found some interesting things to take! We have such a creative and talented group of people here! This has been fun!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

good morning everyone. sorry for any delay. i injured my eye in the worst way and i finally have clearance to be a normal human being again as of this morning!

janell, the box was only mailed today. i had all intentions last week when i posted, but i was laid up for a bit.

confirmation is 0304 0370 0000 4246 3046. i hope you enjoy the things i put in.

i enjoyed everything that was in the box, but i stuck with a couple of clay pieces. one little clay lady that had a sign saying happy birthday, which i couldn't resist because monday was my birthday (and i spent it blinded by my own stupidity) and two hearts with sayings that spoke to my heart and a small decorative watering can. no soaps or candles or stained glass by this time, but i just adore the clay stuff. nothing like i had, until now.

again janell, sorry for the delay but if i wasn't such a klutzy idiot, it would have gone out sooner.

enjoy the holiday weekend, and remember to take a moment or two to reflect on the reason we celebrate :)

maryanne/earthly

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday Maryanne!

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The robin has returned home!

Many thanks to all the wonderfully crafty people who made this robin a success! It was fun to hear about and see all the creative things everyone makes!

Thank you to everyone who participated!

Jenell

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

janell, glad to see it made it. i really packed it well, so i hope everything got there unscathed. hope you enjoy my homemade goodies, if you need to know ingredients, i'll be happy to share.

thanks again, it was a fun robin.

maryanne/earthly

• lunamoon
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maryanne~ Everything arrived in perfect condition. You did a great job packing everything. I'm looking forward to trying your goodies. They look yummy!