Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

Hortiholics Anonymous March Swap

hummingbirddaisy
17 years ago

Hi Angels - This month is going to be a little different.

I am going to let each of you choose who you would like to have SEND to you!

First one to post a partner, gets that partner.

You can go to the site and look at your partners questionnaire, or request an updated wish list here.

Hopefully March brings sunnier days. Hugs,

Tina

Comments (58)

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

earthly sends to dawiff
    galium sends to cedarnest
    hummingbirddaisy sends to bogartbaby
    bogartbaby sends to hummingbirddaisy
    cedarnest sends to debbya

Deb - I will send you the info ASAP.

Sitting here watching the news. They are talking up to 15 inches of snow in some areas with 50 mile and hour winds.
    I wish we had our wood burning fireplace installed and with plenty of wood. I'm worried about the electric going out. We can take the kids to g'mas. They have a generator. But I am worried about my animals and plants. The lights are flickering now. COME ON SPRING!!!!!

Be safe Angels
    Tina

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I would like to send to sguanzon,
    if thats ok with you sue.
    micyrey
    ps the storms comming across mo. right at us, several tornatoes already.

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Ohh Tina you just hit the jackpot! I have plants and seed orders coming in from all over the world(45 seed pack from the netherlands alone.) I wanted to share with my pal, just did not know who it was going to be for this month.NOW I know!
    DH just called from Minnesota, he is supposed to fly home tomorrow p.m., with all the snow in the forcast guess I will have to wait a little longer. I have not seen him in two weeks, will find out tomorrow for sure.
    Tina, I remember the blizzards when I lived in Des Moines. I used to have a house full of friends and critters when the electricity went out, for some odd reason mine never did....
    I hope all of you in the storms way stay safe and warm.

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

wow alison, you were so quick - i think i feel honored LOL
    so, i'll take alison since she requested me.

deb, everyone's information is on the website/board.

we are supposed to get hit with rain. thank God nothing like other areas are getting, but still inconvenient. be careful everyone

maryanne

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Can someone help me out? I can't figure out how to get into the Pal Info section of the HA board that Tina created. I need to get earthly's questionnaire info.

Alison

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

alison

that portion is password protected. i sent you an email.

maryanne

• galium
    17 years ago

This is different isn't it??

I'd like to receive from tastefullyjulie (julie).

Nancy, I'll start putting together a box for you.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I think I miss read I thought you picked who you wanted to send to, not get from.
    but sue is still great eatherway.
    I have been working on starting bunches of seeds. yesterday at Lowes I found a plastic covered cold frame, and I already have it filled with 12 trays of 4" pots I WS.
    now that I have the WS trays out of my mud room I put some of my perennials I started this winter in the basement in there. and now I have so much room in the basement to start my annuals.
    well I'll start puting my box together as soon as I know who it will be going to
    micyrey

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Maryanne, I haven't gotten an email from you yet.

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

That's ok micyrey - I'm confused too! So let's send to each other if that's ok!

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hi
    that sounds good to me.
    micyrey

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Thanks Mariann. I am looking foward to it : )

Oh Deb,I am already thinking LOL I will have such fun making up your box : )

Blizzard here today.Really bad!Wonder if Tian is getting this too. Mercy!!I can't believe we still have power.I better not talk to loud.LOL Going to spend the day playing with my houseplants.A really love days like this if I don't have to be out and about.

Take care everyone!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I answered all the above questions in e-mails.
    Let me know if you don't get one.

The worst of the storm is just starting to hit us right now.
    Parts around us are sooooooooooo bad. They have blocked off Interstate 380 and HWY 20 and 35 so far.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Tina if you get what we did here look out.We have 14 inches of snow and high winds.Snow has now pretty much stopped here but the wind GADS!! Never seen it so bad ever since I was a wee bit of a thing!!All highways and interstates are now closed from Eastern Nebraka all the way east to where you are.Staysafe Tina and anyone else who happens to be in the path of this monster!
    Nancy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Tina,I never received any Email from you : (
    Hugs,Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Luckily, it's not that bad over here. Just some light rain. Yesterday it hailed a little on and off all day with really cloudy stormy skies. Lots of thunder last night..snow expected tonight and tomorrow, Sunday. Just a few inches, plus really chilly weather.

Stay safe, everyone!

Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

earthly sends to dawiff
    sguanzon and micyrey sends to each other
    tastefullyjulie sends to galium

Have I missed anyone so far?

Bogartbaby - I am SO excited! Doing a happy dance!!!!
    Now I can't wait!

Nancy - Rick will post your updated questionnaire tonight!

efrosty will not be participating this month.

Hugs, Tina

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

hello lady's,
    i seem to be at a lost this month.i got a strange email from tina saying there has been concerns on my boxes.i have gotten all my boxes out and i am up to date with them.i did not opt out this month i was told to sit out for a few months. i am sorry if someone is offend that my boxes do not go out the first week of ever month.and i have not been the only one to ship later then usual. if you do not want me to be apart of this group then please let me know. i do not chat online all the time for i have a full time job and working 50+ hours currently to save to build a house. i am sorry if you think i don't get on enough. i just don't have time, but i check my emails everyday no one has sent me any concerns. it deeply hurts me that this has been kept from me. i do not chat on the other website because i can not get a chat screen to come up, so i check here often. also concerning what is in my boxes, i have never complained about anything i received rather i like it or not. i always say something good. rather it came from the dollar store or not, a few months ago i have received serval items from a yard sale with the tags still on them. but i never not once felt any negitive about my pal or their box. i am gratful to receive anything. i send what i can, my pals send what they can. i do not spend $30 for every box i can not afford to do so. so for my past pals i am very sorry if you do not like me or my boxes. so i withdrawal from this round robin, because i feel i'm not wanted so i will leave willingly. i am not angry not at all. i am confused and hurt, but i am a big girl and i will dry my eyes. have a great summer ladies and god be with you.. erica

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

tina, you missed me. i am sending to alison and she is sending to me. i have to assume you missed my email about this month. too late now.

erica, there are other people that don't send timely. (the host being one of them ~~ sorry tina, but you don't). erica, i believe i sent to you, in january, and certainly nothing at all from a dollar store or a yard sale, but that's neither her nor there. this type attitude is beginning to be a real problem in my head starting with another group that has really left a sour taste in my mouth. this is a garden group. everyone is getting too caught up in sending THINGS. personally, i don't mind getting them or sending them, but i also look forward to the plants come the appropriate time. the price of sending boxes and this one sends better boxes and that one doesn't and all that other crap totally takes the fun out of it all. if people are disgusted with what they receive, why not be up front and post about it...ask "what were you thinking"? sorry to see you are having these problems. garden web isn't as friendly/fun as it was, at least in my opinion.

maryanne

people who live in glass houses........

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

maryanne - thank you for your suport,it does lighten my heart. hugs

it was drawn to my attention that it isn't my sending boxes untimely. it's the items i chose to send.i really never wanted to hurt anyones feelings, i would never complain about it or them publicly. i am hurt but i can't make everyone like me in the world. so my chin is up and i am greatful for my friends i have made on here and the knowledge i have learned since joining. i have traded with many on here before i got sick and never had a problem so i will look forward to seeing everyone trading in the spring. erica

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm only going to say this once!

When any of you! sign up for a swap or round robin, you know EXACTLY what you are getting yourself in to. If you only want to receive plants, then don't sign up for a year long swap because OBVIOUSLY you will not receive plants when it is 0 degrees outside and 4 foot of snow is still standing. You are guarenteed "stuff" sooner or later.
    When you send "stuff", make sure it is desireable "stuff", not trash!
    And make sure you are not sending an item or TWO back that you received from that pal in previous months.
    It doesn't matter of you received something from a $ store, a garage sale, or your basement, as long as it is CLEAN and TASTEFUL. If you pay $4.05 for postage, don't you all at least think that what you are sending should be worth that much postage? What is the point in sending if the postage is more than the items in the box?
    Sending timely is important. If you can not, simply keep in contact with your pal. Stuff happens. That is just life. We ALL have stuff happen. And I think we all know that.
    As Erica mentioned, she wasn't contacted concerning her mailing on time. She was contacted after 3 members had complained about her contents in the boxes she had sent.
    She was not booted from this group. She was simply asked to take a break for a month and to contact me when she was feeling better and could get back in the swing of things. I think Erica is honest enough to testify to that.
    Being appreciative and accepting things we don't necessarily need or want is completely different than having to politely acknowledge a box not worth the cardboard it was sent in (and I an MOT saying that was what Erica did, but have had complaints of others in other swaps with this issue).
    There is a message board at the site Rick made especially for this group. If you send an e-mail, and you don't get a response, post on the board to let me know. If I never get it, I have no idea it was ever even sent.
    I enjoy this group very much.
    I feel like I have known some of you girls for a life time. I don't want to see this group fall to the ground because of this.
    I can't let someone continue to particiapte if several complaints are being made. That is just the way things work here.
    I have had one gal send me an e-mail telling me just how much her boxes ar worth, and that she gets not even half of that back. And that she doesn't even feel that she got the recognition she deserved in her pals thank you post. Then this same gal, will post something completely different on the thread and seem like a whole different person. That would be a situation that I can not do anything about. This situation, the pal that received was very honest and pleasant about telling me what had happened.
    That, that is an issue I can deal with.

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I felt it necessary to be straight forward and post here what details can classfully be posted publically.

As for me being late, yep! I am late for February. Every bit of Ricks money went to medical bills this month. Nothing I could do about it and didn't foresee it coming.
    Winter months are difficult anyway, but we always manage. Rick is in construction, and I haven't been able to work for 9 years for medical reasons. I don't like to share my dirty laundry normally, but in this case, I suppose an explanation is in order.
    We all do our best. That is all that can be expected.

Earthly - I haven't received the card with the certificate in it for February. Please
    just have it cancelled or voided, or whatever it is that they do in situations such as this. Thanks for the thought.

Have a good weekend ladies.
    Tina

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I just wanted to post my 2 cents worth.
    I have gotten the shaft on other swaps( not here)
    when I sent realy nice boxes, but the persone that sent them thought it good. we all have diffrent ideas about what we can use.
    I'm not worried about how many things are in a box, just that they are things I can use. in some other swaps I have gotten things that look like someone went around the house and said" I don't like this anymore, I'll send it to someone" I always send new things or antiques(good ones).
    the boxes don't have to be expencive not evan a box an envie with a bunch of seeds is fine with me.
    just so my thoughts are out there
    micyrey

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am in the chatroom if anyone wants to join.

Come on now, lets all make nice :-)

Tina

• galium
    17 years ago

Deanie, thanks for the seed packets. You don't know how much I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I can't wait to get started on my project. All I need is the tray which I can buy at Michaels. I don't get their coupons though, what a bummer.

I would just like to say something in Erica's defense. She sent me a box of soy candles. My daughter and I have just started making candles. Therefore, I know the amount of work that goes into creating them. Just knowing the hands on time she spent warms my heart. Not everyone is creative nor has the patience she has with this craft. Candle making is not cheap either especially soy candles.

I personally enjoy the giving. I read everyone's questionnaire several times and even look back at their posts. I think reading posts and posting is a great way to get to know members of this group. The reason I joined Hort Anon was to get to know other members. I miss not working and communicating with other Horticulturists. As far as cost of gifts, lets get real here. Who in this group is rich.... I enjoy the gifts I receive because they were picked out for me. Even if they are from the $$ store. Heck, I never used the magnetized pads before joining this group. Now I have 4 on my refrigerator. How much are they, a buck? Doesn't matter to me because they are great for shopping lists and messages. I love them. My DH and daughter are amazed and puzzled that I spend my weekly allowance on gifts for others. Sometimes I'll spend hours crafting something. The point is I receive pleasure in giving. It makes me feel good to make someone happy. I never count penny for penny when it comes to giving and receiving.

Every morning, when I turn on my computer, I look forward to reading everyone's posts. It brightens up my day. Being a member of this group is reward enough for me.

Mariann

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

I don't believe I have had the opportunity of sending to or receiving from Erica. I hope you will come back with us in the future.I would love the chance to get to know you better Erica.

Mariann you said what you wrote so well I am just going to say I also love the giving part.Its fun for me to work at putting together the swap boxes for my pal each month.I look forwrd to it and never even think about the cost of boxes I receive or send for that matter.All I can hope for is my pal will like what I send but would not be offended if I found out my taste in things wasn't theirs.I enjoy each box as it comes from a friends heart.I also love touching base with you all here on the forum and hearing all the news and fun stuff from my newfound friends.My world is a much sunnier place because of you all : )

Hugs,
    Nancy

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

tina...this statement:
    I have had one gal send me an e-mail telling me just how much her boxes ar worth, and that she gets not even half of that back

in my opinion, that is the greediest and most heartless thing i have read/heard on this gw and i've heard a lot of crap.

is that really the reason someone is swapping? in your own families, do you give a birthday or christmas gift and get the exact dollar amount back from another member? is everyone in your same financial status? granted, no one wants trash, but that is really just a terrible feeling/statement. i rank that among group members that will email hosts and tell them "don't pair me up with this one or that one". why be in a group with those people?

i am in total agreement with what mariann and nancy said.

i've never received from erica, so i can't say first hand what her boxes are like, but if they are that horrendous, why not have a conversation with her after the second one was sent? why wait for the third person to say they were disappointed when apparently in-between other recipients were not?

that being said, i am going to remove myself from this group exchange. i see most of you in other swaps, so i'm sure we'll be in contact again and i'll continue to enjoy trading with you in the months to come.

alison, i apologize for this month since you choose me to send to you, but i'll see you in the birthday swap :-) tina, please rearrange the members so that alison is not left without someone to trade with. (please know that my email to tina, that she didn't receive, was sent a couple of weeks ago telling her that i was leaving the group. not for any reason other than necessity on my part. i've been out of work since november 2005 and i'm it's crunch time now. i pushed it for february splurging on a gift certificate, but that was in vain, and i certainly don't want to dip into my co-op money).

it's been fun girls,
    maryanne

• galium
    17 years ago

maryanne, I can't believe you are leaving. It makes me want to cry. Are you sure you have to do this??? I for one know how difficult it is financially. With my DH out of work and me on disability.

Tina, what if we put a price limit on the gifts we send? Also we would need to take into account postage. Which is staggering and shocks my DH almost to death. I'd say no more than $10.00 or $12.00. Believe me I'd rather receive one gift than a bunch of stuff that is heavy and costs more than $5.00 to mail. I'd be happy with an IOU for a plant sent to me in the spring.

Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I don't think I've ever been paired up with Erica in this swap (to receive a box). I know I've sent her a box recently. I've traded with her in the past, and LOVE her soy candles. They smell wonderful!

I really enjoy this group so much and it's been such fun getting to know all of you. It's fun to check in whenever possible.

Deb

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

mariann, yes - i should have months ago if not longer. i'm just so addicted to it all. i just need to take a break. if i had a partner (of any kind) with another salary, i'd stay, but i've really pushed the limit this far and i should be ashamed of myself for going that long. i'll stick with the one swap for now and then further down the line, get back involved in more. it's a necessity, not a want. thanks for the (almost) tear.

maryanne

p.s. tina, your email was nasty and mean. i really would expect something better of you. not friendly or fair. tsk tsk tsk

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Maryanne,
    I'm going to miss you.. I know I'll see you on other swaps, but you'll still be missed here.

Hugs,
    Deb

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hi all
    I hope this group dose not split becouse of this, but I don't know if puting a price limit is the answer. when I make something I don't nessisarily know the value. and sometimes I find things on clearence but there is nothing wrong with them.
    like the hand plow I sent last month, julie loved it but I got on clearence at Lowes and did not pay much for it.
    so would I count the reg price or what I pay for it.
    for jan I got quilt pat. and some sheets of seed packet lables I can take down to staples and have coppied to use when I pack seeds(among other things) these cost very little but I love them and they are very usefull.
    I know sometimes I have trouble saying what I think but I hope this makes sense.
    I love getting a surprise box every month.
    please tell me this is not just incoherent babbleing

on an other subject, I have been having back problems since I had Jeremy and I had an MRI last week. my father in law is a neurosurgen and he called and said I need to come over to the house for an exam becouse he found something on the MRI. He told my MIL (she tells me many secrets) I have a large disk, this is short hand for herniated disk. and this means surgery. I'll find out tomarrow how serious it is and how soon I will be having surgery.
    well I have babbled long enough.
    I need to go water my seed trays.
    micyrey

• galium
    17 years ago

One last blurb from me today.

The emphasis here needs to be more on the coming together of GW members who all have a love for gardening. Making friends, sharing our thoughts and passions that make each of us an individual.

micrey, I understand perfectly what you are saying. Most of my gifts are usually sale items or purchases I've made with coupons. I can't put a price on on my craft items. Because they are made with a specific individual in mind. So far I don't see any members posting that are concerned about the monetary value of the boxes they receive. Nor do I really care who has complained. It will make no difference to me when choosing what I send. I refuse to live up to someone else's expectations.

Mariann

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

thanks deb. appreciate your sentiment.

mic, i too do the same thing, all the time, no matter what occasion and no matter who it is for - myself included - pick things up and get decent prices. that's why i don't really bother with dollar stores, although they do at times have some neat things. as for homemade stuff, to me that is worth so much more because of the time and work that goes into it. so yes, it's hard to put a real amount on a box.

i reiterate that it should have nothing to do with the dollar amount of items sent. it should be heartfelt. i think about the lady that left this group that collected green pottery. low and behold i found a piece never knowing when i would trade with her, but assuming eventually i would. and what happened? she left the group. my sister has eyed it on two separate occasions, so when her birthday rolls around it will probably go to her. got a great price on it after some negotiating, but nonetheless, worth much more than i paid for it. would i count original price? hell no, i would count it as a heartfelt thought for my trade partner.

mariann made me a garden apron a swap or so ago. that could have been the only thing in the box and i would have been thrilled and i believe i conveyed that. to me, that is priceless.

i don't think your group will split. erica was asked to leave for whatever reasons and i chose to leave of my own volition.

i wonder if the three people who allegedy complained about trash boxes will stand up?

i also think that rules are imposed, then everyone has to live up to them. if a swap is for a particular month, no matter what the circumstances, it should arrive in that month - case close. if you can't do it for whatever reason, then bow out gracefully. we all know things happen and that's the beauty in communication.

as for me and february, i called the iris nursery and cancelled the gift certificate, but i'll dicuss that on the february thread.

maryanne

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Maryanne,No please don't leave us.I am tearing up while typing this.I do understand your reasoning though.I will catch you on the other swaps we are part of.I sure will miss the posts you make on here tho.: (
    hugs,
    Nancy

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

This is so sad!!!!! When I was a little girl many moons ago, my Mother used to tell me" Never give if you expect something in return, always give from the heart and treasure everything you receive"
    I figured out what she was talking about when I played Santa one year for all the homeless kids at the shelter. I will never forget the look on those poor kids faces or the spark in their eyes and the big smile followed by a soft thank you Santa. The parents watching in the background and wiping tears of joy from their eyes.
    That joy of giving was priceless, and then it dawned on me what my Mother was talking about.
    I have no expectations, that way I don't get disapointed!
    I liked everything that I received from all of you, because every time I look at something it reminds me of that person that sent it to me(from the heart!)
    Well, I think I rambled long enough here....
    I hope that everything will get worked out here, after all we are all adults, right?
    That's my two cents worth!

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Oh dear! I've been offline till now today because I had visitors. I am really bummed at the turn of events. I agree with everything everyone has said, I LOVE putting my boxes together looking for things I know will delight the recipient. I don't do it hoping I will get comparable gifts in return. Anyone who does is totally out of line.

Maryanne, I really really wish you would stay, just one more month. I already bought you something I know you will love. Well, I don't care, I'm sending it anyway. I picked you because I felt like we had things in common, and after last night, when I got a look at your questionnaire answers, I knew we did. I'm sure this is going to sound weird, but I even cyber-stalked your posts here and on the Home Site forums.

I don't know most of you well enough to guess who complained about Erica's boxes, but it was really bad form. Bad manners. Just plain bad.

I hate this kind of controversy and confrontation in a group that is supposed to be about friendship.

It sucks.

Alison

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Ok Hear me out here.Its sorta like Don't shoot the messenger.I have been doing alot of thinking and you know it really isn't fair for Tina to have to hear complaints about what anyone receives and then she has to confront the person complained about blindly and then she reprimands them on behalf of the complainer? Its like when we were kids( Mommy Timmy Spilled My Milk...Whack!)That never has made any sense to me.Then it gets posted on here that complaints have been made to Tina.I say we should change the group so we all know who we are sending to and who we are receiving from upfront.That way if ever in the "rare' case someone has a complaint about a box they receive they can deal directly with their"friend" instead of Tina always having to take the flack.I'll tell ya right now I bet there wouldn't be too many complaints anymore.We would all take eachothers feelings into consideration before complaining like a true friend does.Lets get back to all being true friends please?I hope this don't make you all hate me but I felt it needed said and gosh darn it I love you gals : )
    Nancy

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Nancy, Amen to that!!!!!!!

• galium
    17 years ago

Me too Nancy!!!

Mariann

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I apologize for this whole situation. I am truly sorry.
    It is my mistake for not handling this whole situation in an more appropriate manner.

My sincerest apologies to Erica, and to those who feel that they have been slighted. That has NEVER been my intention, EVER.
    I care very much about each and everyone of you. I have sincerely tried to show how much you all mean to me.
    I appreciate every box I have ever received. I don't care if what my pal has sent came from the dollar stores (I shop there too), or garage sales, or if it is something they have had themselves. If they chose it for me, then I feel blessed and appreciate that very much. I have to say, some of the best things I have ever gotten were things that wasn't new.
    My statement about sending something that is at least worth as much as the cardboard it was sent in was a bit harsh. I had just read a nasty comment made by someone who I thought was a pretty good friend,and it really hurt my feelings, and I was huffy. My original point was, don't send trash. As an example, last year in a round robin, someone took out all of the good stuff, actually emptied the entire contents, and filled it with nasty matted magazines, molded garlic sets, and some rusty metal hoops and sent it on.
    Just make sure the things you send are things that are clean and tasteful. I sure hope this is coming across as it is intended. I am not trying ot be nasty, hurtful or mean in any way.
    I love reading everyones posts everyday. I love to hear about your gift boxes. And I love receiving mine as well. My favorite part of swapping is putting together a box for my pal, and chatting with the other members. I take Rick and we go out shopping around for fun and neat presents. I enjoy that so much.

It was pointed out that I was late this month with my box. I am truly sorry Maryanne (earthly) that I didn't send out in a timely manner. I truly didn't foresee the things that prevented me from sending. I'm sorry that I disappointed you. It was my mistake that I didn't realize my situation, and I should have removed myself from Feb.'s swap. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I can assure you it won't happen again.
    I read your comment about just not sending to each other for Feb. That is fine. I'm glad you was able to cancel the certificate. You will be missed in this group.

I will be sure to have everyone with a partner before this time tomorrow night.

Again, my apologies,
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

I truly didn't foresee the things that prevented me from sending. I'm sorry that I disappointed you.

just for the record, i was not disappointed in not receiving. i was more concerned that what i sent went by the wayside and still is circulating out there.

what truly disappointed me? (i know it was not directed at me, but it was disturbing nonetheless:
    I have had one gal send me an e-mail telling me just how much her boxes ar worth, and that she gets not even half of that back

alison, we'll hookup in the birthday swap. i see that you joined that. i'm may, so if it's not perishable, it will hold until then. i don't want to disappoint you so i'll be patient and wait if you can (and stop stalking me LOLOL). besides i was hoping you'd bring me home an englishman upon your return back to the states (smile)

maryanne

p.s.
    (tina)I had just read a nasty comment made by someone who I thought was a pretty good friend,and it really hurt my feelings, and I was huffy.
    (me)saying you were late was not nasty, it was reality and truth. nasty was your email. downright nasty bordering on ugly.

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

What is your point Maryanne? I missed the conversation you are referring to in your last post.
    I'm sorry you feel that I let your certificate go to the wayside. I'm not sure how I am suppose to handle something when I never received it?????

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

There will be no more negative posts from me. Not here, and not in e-mails. I came here to enjoy myself, and to enjoy the frienships on here, not to bicker and fight or win a popularity contest.

All partners will be posted each month from now on on the thread and no more anonymous packages will be sent out.

Sound good?

Tina

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

hello again ladies,
    I am sorry for all this mess. I wish this never happened. I wish I was told sooner.. Would like the 3 pals who I feel I cheated them please email me and I will glady send out new boxes. If they felt they needed to cause all this then they should be able to email me directly. I will not have people thinking I cheaped another. I dont lie, I am a honest person .

Tina-
    ---------Putting 2 packets of seeds and a small trinket in a box and sending it off is somewhat disappointing-------

I don't think I have ever remember sending just a trinket with 2 seeds. but my memroy fades during the time I was so sick. as for sending someone something they had all ready sent me was --- seeds. I pasted on seeds that i was done with, instead of let them go to waste in a basket. if that offended someone then i'm sorry I just wanted to share.I thought everyone sent seeds on to a next person., was your name on them? maybe they got mixed up, I don't know. I did baggie up lots of extra seeds I had leftover after wintersowing and sent them off. hoping someone could use them. if i got them mixed up IÂm really am sorry.

tina you sent me an mean email, after i reply wholeheartly to your previous one. then said your were sorry after your got it not blaming you. then you post a nastier post last night. I am confused now? I did stand up for your last year on 2 conflicts you had last year. late shippments and another round robin problem now I feel that you were very harsh on me and you did say if they did not want me then you you could not let me participate.

--------look at all of the items you receive every month, then compare what you send. Would you say that is fair. All these gals send very nice, well packaged boxes, every month! I'm sure you can see the comparison.----------

That was very mean of you to say. When did this become a contest. I am not made of money. I send what I can when I can. as timely as I can. how am I to know what price range I will receive every month when boxes come at different times and from different people. We never set a price range so how is anyone able to judge another, by their box? I make candles and love them, I love to share. were they dirty or have wax on the jars? they are very pricy to make trust me, and I have to buy the baby food jars off of ebay to pour them. I donÂt get them free. they take loads of time and energy. I make scented rosehips.they are about $10 ½ lb unscented. I have shared them too. I have never sent out anything dirty. or from my basement. so donÂt know were that came from.

--------I was very compassionate and honest----------
    I didnÂt see that in this email, but the following email I did. then I read your post. so I am confused on if I am the bad person for sending a package or nothing at all.

----------One of the gals pointed out that you had spent more on postage than the contents of the box, There isn't any sense in sending a box out like that-------------

how would they know? I donÂt remember anyone shopping with me or helping me get to the post office while I was hacking my lungs out. One month,, one of the items I sent was several quilting pattern printout that took me a few hours to pick out easy fun patterns, not alone the ink I had to replace the next time I used my printer. I sent out seeds packet templates. which I use a lot of, I thought my pal like them too. homemade gifts are from the heart not the wallet.

-----------I have to go with what this group feels, not my personal opinion Erica. If the girls are not happy with your boxes, I can't continue to let you participate.------

how else was I suspose to take that? it sounded pretty cut and dry to me.

Thank you all who has spoken up for me, I love you all and it really warms my heart. I donÂt want to leave I just feel pushed out.. Please have a safe spring and summer and god bless.. ..erica

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Mariann, you are welcome my dear. Do you use seed packs only for your project? How about seed catalogs? If you would like some I would be more than happy to safe them for you.
    Did everyone else make it through the bad weather o.k.?
    Micyrey: I am so sorry to hear about your back problems, I hope everything works out for you. I wish you the best!
    Did you have your exam yet?

DH made it home last night from Minnesota( it only took him two days by plane) :o
    After what he has been through, I better go and make him a nice breakfast.
    Hope everyone is well, will check back later. Take care!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Deanie Thank you: ),After 2 weeks without your DH..So happy to hear your hubby made it home ok.Oh I worry so much when mine is away.It has been such a terrible storm.Don't remember it like this in a long time. You pamper him good this weekend after what he's been thru you both deserve a wonderful weekend : ) .

Mariann,Thank you : ),I would really love to take a peek at your seed pack decoupage project you are doing. Please post a pic when you have some finished : )

Micyrey,Good luck with your back. I can imagine that has you concerned,It would me too : (

Deb,Did the storms miss you? Hope so. I always wanted to ask how Toby likes the snow? I had a boston terrier once that loved to plow around like a truck with her head down : )

Hope everyone has a safe weekend : )
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• galium
    17 years ago

Deanie, I just use the seed packets. Believe me I have a pile of seed catalogs about a foot tall. I sent out postage to cover your cost. Thanks again...

This is where we stayed in Florida it's called The Anna Maria Island Beach Resort. Rustic old Florida Charm.

{{gwi:1248415}}

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Mariann,That place you stayed looks so warm and inviting.With all the snow I wish I were there now! I sometimes forget that not everywhere in the states have the same weather we do.When hubby retires I think we will go south : )
    Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bogartbaby - So glad to hear your DH made it home safe and sound. The weather up this way has just been terrible. We are still digging out of snow :-(

Nancy - You and your DH and me and mine should get a time share in Florida for the winters. LoL

Micyrey - I am so sorry to hear about your back. Keep us updated on how you are doing. Take it easy.

Mariann- That place looks lovely and WARM! :-)
    I bet you wish you was still there. How has the storms been with you?

Deb - Where oh where are you.....digging a tunnel out of the snow? THe snow has finally stopped here. It was snowing when we went to bed last night. Now it is just blustery and cold.

dawiff - I hope you are still going to participate this month.

It was suggested that maybe I start a new thread for this month. What do you all think?

Here is a list of gals in this swap:

debbya
    bogartbaby
    cedarnest
    galium
    tastefullyjulie
    sguanzon
    micke
    micyrey
    hummingbirddaisy

We know as of right now this is the partners list :

sguanzon and micyrey sends to each other
    tastefullyjulie sends to galium
    I am also sending to micke this month as well
    debbya can send to tastefullyjulie

Does this sound good to everyone?

I want to keep us together!
    I did a lot of praying last night about alot of things, including this group. I am going to do my very best to do right by each of you. I can't change what has happened, but I can try and keep things together from now on. As bogartbaby said in an earlier post, we are all adults here, so we should all be able to talk freely with each other. We have to let the pieces fall where they may and make the best of them, right?
    As a very sweet lady just told me last night, this too shall pass. I'm hanging in there by the skin of my teeth, LoL.

Micke - Hope all is ok your way. I know your weather has been strange as well.

Julie - come out of hibernation dear. we miss you :-)

Please give me your input on the suggestions made above and we, as a group, and work this out.

Hugs,
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ladies - I have started a new thread for this month. It would be great if we could all let this thread die and just post to the new one from now on.
    Thank you gals for all of your support. You are all just the greatest!

Hugs,
    Tina