Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleacres

Discussion forum in the Round Robin Forum?

purpleacres
15 years ago

Howdee there

I am unsure how to contact the owner moderator of this fine Garden Web website. I have been coming to this great website for years and just love the people of this site as well as the site its self. I believe it is helpful for gardeners veteran and newbie alike. I also believe that this Round Robin forum would benefit from a Discussion forum. A place where host could go and ask other hosts questions and where new host could learn the ins and outs of swaps. It also would be a great area for those off subject topics.

Acres

If I have posted in the wrong area I am sure sorry I just really did not know where to post.

Can Garden Web make us swap hosts a Discussion forum area?

Comments (11)

• drippy
    15 years ago

Heya, Purpleacres - the head honchos might not see this - but if you go to the GW home page, there is a link to "Contact us", which might get your communication to them more directly. A discussion forum (they call it a "convo pit" at the Wintersowing forum) is a good idea.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I'm betting Sue would know! (chemocurl) as our Resident busybody :) Her words, not mine! lol

Maybe post this on the discussion side of the seed exchange, she is there quite often.

Just my .02

~Wendy

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

I'm betting Sue would know! (chemocurl) as our Resident busybody :) Her words, not mine! lol

LMAO!!! I just saw your reply there Wendy at the SEED X about the hazelnutbunny thread over here and stopped by here to see if I could maybe find it and provide the link over there in that thread at the Seed Exchange Conversations....that's what resident busy bodies do ya know!

Anywho...the correct thing to do would be to make a suggestion at The Suggestion Forum. You could then provide a link in this thread to the Suggestion thread in the hope that others would go and additionally request an (Off Topic) Conversation side here. Off topic might be better if folks just wanted to post things about stuff not relating directly to RR.

It does not appear that the Suggestions are read by GW management, but I do think that in time they will act on some of the many 'good' suggestions that have been made that others have shown a lot of interest in.

GW has not made any actual forum additions to my knowledge in a very long time, but I 'think' when they do, they will likely make several of them at the same time, as they did the last time...late 2006. One can hope anyway. I have given my vote of support to several of the suggestions.

Heya, Purpleacres - the head honchos might not see this - but if you go to the GW home page, there is a link to "Contact us", which might get your communication to them more directly.
    Actually that Contact US link is found at the bottom of every page here at GW. It is in the green banner thingy.

Sue...rbb

She's everywhere! She's everywhere!...just like chickenman! Remember him?

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

See? I knew she'd know! lol

:)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    15 years ago

See? I knew she'd know! lol
    lol...I hope that does not make me a Know it all If so...YIKES!...I am very sorry.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Howdee there

I have used the contact us link below about this and we will see now :-)

Acres

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

I sure would like to see an off topic forum for the RR forum, too!

Blessings,
    Angela

• galium
    15 years ago

I think this is a good idea too. I've been contacted, several times, by members who want to start a RR or swap. I'm sure many members would benefit from this.
    Mariann

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Bump! I think this is a great idea!

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Howdy Acres, did you ever get a reply back about this?
    I think if you didn't you should send the link to THIS thread back to them and tell them we NEED one and we all over here on this forum agree!

:) Fran

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Sue, I hafta say that you're a much nicer "know it all" than some of the others we've had over the years. At least your comments are helpful and you don't argue with other ones. I haven't seen any bickering in a long time. Isn't it nice?
    Nancy