Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: March - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

Posted by sandlapper_rose z7B-8A SC (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 06 at 19:00

Image hosting by Photobucket

A new category for our March conversations. Welcome to our new members!

So who has a birthday in March? Debbie's birthday is on March 14 and mine is on March 29. (Can I just party and not get any older... those of you in your 30's are youngsters! LOL)
Anyone else? We don't want to forget anyone in the group and unfortunately my list doesn't show all the birthdays which is why I ask every month.

Have a great month of March... yes, Springtime is coming!

Sandlapper Rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: March - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

Suzanne (gardeningmomof3) your package is on its way.
conformation # 0305 0830 0004 0712 6872

Have a great month and enjoy your surprises :)
Marie

o

Just wanted to let Susan know her package will go out this weekend! (and get this thread back up towards the top LOL)
Julie

o

Just wanted to let Susan know her package will go out this weekend! (and get this thread back up towards the top LOL)
Julie

o

Just wanted to let Beth know that this month I will be sending your package out in 2 parts. I really want this one thing to get to you quick and I don't have the rest of it finished so I thought hey Beth loves to get mail and she would most likely enjoy 2 smaller packages vs one large one!! Hope I am right?
Has anyone heard any updates on Doris? Now that I am thinking about it I shall get another card off to her. I so hope she is able to come home soon!
To my pal I sent you a long email and used hotmail and it says it won't deliver. I hope it is just delayed and that you will get it!! Please email me and let me know.
Best Wishes to all for a fun filled month!! Spring is getting closer!! Just can't wait!!

o

Hellloooo? Anybody out there? Just checking in, and wondering where everyone has gone.

I am getting so excited for spring. Wintersowed seeds are getting new sprouts what seems like every day, daffodils and hyacinths are starting to bloom here, and I'm getting in the spring spirit! Anybody else? Though our weather here is so strange. Very odd winter. Two days ago, it was in the 90's and sunny, can you believe it?(Think it might've been record-breaking temps.) Then yesterday lower 60's, then last night it was down to freezing. Now today it's all cloudy, and we might actually get some rain. You just never know what the weather will be from day to day here lately, it's so strange. Always changing back and forth.

I'll be mailing Julie's package out in the next few days. I'll post the conf. # when I make it to the post office.

Hope everyone is okay, wherever you are!

~Summer

o

Helloooo to you, too, Summer...

I think everyone must be outdoors enjoying some pretty weather. What type of winder sowing do you do? The only type I have ever done was to start things indoors in pots and let them grow a bit before moving them to outdoors, but I think there must be lots of methods now. So, not only Summer, but how are the rest of you winter sowing?

Has everyone received something in February - or have you at least heard that something is on its way to you?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

o

my march gift box To pedalpusher
will be going out monday if nothing happens before
then :))
I hope it will brighten her day :))

susie

o

Recieved my package today. Thank You Marie! In it was reading material.Dark chocolate(my favorite) embroidered pouch with trinket inside, with guardian angel earrings(wearing them now) and pin. Garden figurine. Plus something for the boys.One more thing, a Amarylis bulb:)

It is beautiful outdoors. Can't do anything, but stroll to look and hope that spring comes soon. Won't be long now. Soon everyone will be outdoors diggin in the dirt. I started a few seeds indoors yesterday. Decided I am not doing vegies, except for a couple rows of sweetcorn that our middle son wants to plant. Rest is going into strawberries and more flowers, of course.

My March box will be going out Tuesday of this week.

o

Hi all.

Susie (Skohler), I'm sending along two packages again this month. Just had two on hand that were the right size. Hope you don't mind. They'll go out in tomorrow's mail so keep an eye out. Hope they find you in good spirits.

Ann

o

Suzanne,

So glad that you are enjoying your gifts!

It was a wonderful weekend here also, both days got up to almost 70 :) I also planted more seeds for WS and a flat for in the house. I don't have any up yet as it has only been a week but my Freesa is in bloom and a few crocus. Next weekend I plan to start a few veggies but it is suppose to snow and I may hold off another week.

Marie

o

Package on it's way to you Julie! Conf. # 0304 1560 0003 7999 2095.

Sandlapper, I have sowed lots of things, annuals, perennials, and some veggies, outside in covered containers of various kinds. Milk jugs, baking pans, juice containers, take-out containers, etc. I have learned a lot over in the Winter Sowing forum, and it really seems to be working well! I am getting more sprouts almost every day, and I am really enjoying it! I'm out there every day, like a little kid, checking my containers for new sprouts, LOL. Last week I also sowed most of my veggie seeds out in my little greenhouse. And I thought I was about done, but then I realized I joined a seed swap a while back, and have 40+ packets coming my way soon! Oh my, what am I going to do with all these. LOL.
How/what is everyone else sowing?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

Susan...sorry your package won't go out until friday. Found some more stuff I have to go back & get. LOL
Summer...the seeds you sent get sown this weekend. I just haven't had the time to do squat. I am up to 21 rose seedlings now with 3 more sprouting. I'm so excited, because one of them coming up now is a type I don't have yet!
Julie

o

Hey Ann,
I mailed your package today...Conf number 03052200000131547713. Hope you like everything. It has been georgeous here too (but still no rain). We were promised it twice this week, but the clouds keep hitting a high pressure system and shooting NE. Maybe next week.
I have been down with a nasty cold the past couple of days. I think I have had more colds this year than the last 3 combined. I guess it is because the rain hasn't been here to wash the pollen and pollution out of the air. Anyway, I just hate being laid up inside when it is so pretty outside and my garden needs me. I am feeling better today and plan to go back to work tonight so maybe I can get out there in the next day or two.
Debbie(Oklahoma one) The bucket of forget me nots that you sent last month is coming up famously. I am so thrilled. I have tried two other times to start seeds and nothing came up but this time the bucket is full! I guess I should have tried the kitchen window sill before this. As soon as the chance of freeze is over, outside they will go. Hopefully to reseed everywhere. I have so wanted forget me nots in my garden. I will set the fairy statue right in the middle of them. What a lovely garden I will have. Many many thanks!

o

Hi Karen.
Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope you're back to good health soon. I planted your Salvia 'Cambridge Blue' on 2/19 and have fourteen 4" high seedlings already potted up. What hardy things they are. I'm so pleased with them. Thank you!
Will keep an eye out for your package.
Feel better and get out in your garden soon.
Ann

o

Karen,
Sorry to hear you've been sick but glad to hear you're doing better now.
I'm also glad the forget-me-nots are growing for you this time. I bet they will be gorgeous.

I sent your March package today. I left the DC# in my truck, I will post it tomorrow if it doesn't arrive then. So far, knock on wood, mail gets there the next day. I didn't send a card or note with it, I completely forgot that part. OOPS!

o

Dee, your package went out yesterday:) Will email you later in the week.

Rainbowlake: We got your rain last night. Well you could of had it anyway. Is to rain the next three days here, so all the snow should be gone by this weekend. Which is alright by me. Spring flowers are sure to follow*smile

o

Hey Marie, heads up, I'm going to drop your package at the post office today. It has some things in it you're not going to want to stay out in the cold.

The weather here has been in the 70's and 80's even, windy and overcast. They're talking about severe thunderstorms tonight. Lots of stuff blooming in north Texas - redbuds, daffodils, phlox, pansies. I've got blooms on my veronica "Georgia Blue", such a lovely shade of blue those tiny flowers. And lots of stuff showing new growth.

Have a great day y'all!

Alicia

o

Thanks for the heads up Alicia.

We got 14" of snow 2 weeks ago, it is snowing again and they are predicting 6+ inches. But this one is REALLY wet so that will green everything up nicely.

Marie

o

This does not impact anyone who has posted this month and for those who it does impact, I have sent e-mail to you so please check your e-mail. We have two ladies who had unexpected things happen and they will not be exchanging with us beginning this month. As I said in one e-mail message "Life Happens!" No hard feelings if things turn out differently from what you anticipated when you signed up to do this. We all want to continue to be your gardening friends and feel free to come here to chat and keep up the friendships you have made.
Talk with everyone soon!

o

So sorry to hear 2 more of our friends are having difficulties. Prayers & good wishes to those that have to drop out. Keep checking in and let us know how your doing!
Julie

o

Hey Sandlapper,

Remember Me? YaYa founder of garden exchange ring 2005 for those who don't know. How many in your group now?

things are great around here...have been very successful overwintering many many coleus and misc other plants. Lost an orchid, but still going strong on some of my herbs. Also, the brug that paul sent me is doing really good. I have also started several flats of seedlings, zinnia, rudbeckia summer sun (a REALLY great annual) and also some hollyhocks, eggplants and violas.

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying the exchange.

YaYa

o

Hello Ladies~
I'm so sorry to have to say goodbye this month to you all, but I think I misunderstood a lot of how the robin exchange works and all that, I hope that in the future knowone holds me against this. I like everyone and would like to continue to stay friends. I might come back and give this a shot next year with my wittle brain working better. I am not very smart...(BLONDE, big time). I wish everyone much luck and have lots of fun!
So sorry
Karri
PS. Summer, I have not forgot about your seeds, I just have been so stressed out lattly over our car problems. They will be on there way soon. I promise!

PSS>>> Shannon, You have e-mail!!! :)

o

Debbie,
Your package arrived today and I am just blown away by it.
What a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL package.
My day had started out badly. I went to work last night and ended up having a relapse. Even worse, the cold turned into an ear infection and a pretty nasty one. I arrived home with antibiotics and pain pills and feeling miserable only to find a very LARGE package by my front door. Inside was the most beautiful gardening bag. It is light blue and dark blue flowered canvas, large and full of pockets. So beautiful (and my favorite color). Every pocket was tucked with surprises. There is a light blue set of garden tools and a sun visor and gloves that match the bag. Won't I be stylish when I am weeding!. Packages of morning glories in two of the pockets (Heavenly blue and Blue Star) and as if that wasn't enough, the inside of the generous bag was filled with plants. I got a package of 3 Blue Boy Phlox, a Blue Angle Dahlia bulb and a Nikko Blue Hydrangea. My blue and yellow garden will look spectacular. I feel as if I had Christmas and my birthday rolled into one! This is great incentive to get feeling better. Debbie, I have to say you are the BEST. Thank you so much for your generosity. You are the best gardening pal!

o
More update

Ann,
I am so glad that the salvia seeds did well for you. There is something so satisfying about starting something from seed and having it come up and do well. It makes you feel so much a part of the creation.
Gardening Mom, the first round of rain missed my area although they said there was a light rain in the town next to us. There is another chance tomorrow morning so keeping my fingers crossed.
I do have several things starting to bloom.....The Bradford Pears are glorious. They usually get ruined by late freezes here but this year has been just right and they are in full flower. My pink magnolia is opening up and the hellebores are blooming away. And of course Daffodils are everywhere and the blue creeping phlox is starting to flower and it sets them off so nicely. I see tulip leaves and sedum poking up everywhere. I just love spring! Now, if I could just get over this cold! It is so frustrating to be cooped up inside at this time of year.
Sorry we have lost more members. We do still have a good core group left though. It is very nice of the old members to check in and say hello too!

o

I forgot to mention the blue kneeling cushion that Debbie included in the gardening bag. I think that everything a person needs for planting is including in the bag. Good job Debbie!

Karen

o

Hi Ann
well I know i emailed you to let you know I recieved the box today , But I wanted to let others know what I recieved .
ann sent dj a toy chewy made of raw hide & bindertwine
now maybe he will leave my shoe string alone :))

thank you ann I love flavored coffee's

carman I'm sorry I can't get your box out to you till next week , but trust me it will be worth the wait :))
well I hope everyone has a great weekend :))

susie

o

Karri, you know we can't be mad at a fellow gardener! Somethings things come up and family and personal things have to be a lot higher on everyone's list than things like a Round Robin so don't you worry - you will still have lots of gardening friends here.

o

Karen,
Your WONDERFUL package arrived today. I had so much fun looking at all the goodies. The strawberries will be delightful this summer and I'll get them started a.s.a.p. The gardening DVD will be enjoyed this weekend when the house is quiet and I can put up my feet and savor it. Speaking of quiet and savoring, the bath fizzie will be used this weekend too after we put up the plastic on the back deck to ease aching muscles from such activity after a winter of no activity. The windchimes will be hung out on the side deck this weekend too. And the pink gardening gloves are too pretty to use. Last but not least, when I saw those Old Spice gladiolus I was SO happy! I'll share them with my parents across town since they love glads too. And thank you for the card. I enjoyed reading that as much as getting the gifts.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well but glad to hear your yard is full of spring life. That helps.

Take care of yourself and many thanks again for your thoughtful gifts. I'm enjoying having you as my new gardening friend so much - and blue is my favorite color too!!!

o

Karen,
I forgot to thank you for the cats' mice! I didn't even get the chance to take them out of the package yet and Hugo, our biggest Siamese, seized the package awkwardly in his mouth and bounded off with it out of the kitchen, through the family room and into the living room. What a prize he had found just for him. Well it wasn't long before the other three got into the act. Much fun for all of us!

o
Update

Susie,
Glad the first box arrived. Keep an eye out for the 2nd one. Hopefully it will get to you Saturday.
Ann

o

Greetings All
I wanted to post that I have received a lovely package from my pal. I am sorry to say it has taken me a couple of days to get posted! I enjoyed the card that was enclosed! Cute, made me smile! Also enclosed were some stickers which are always handy to have on hand. She sent some cute St. Patrick's Day Napkins! Also enclosed were Skittles and a cinn. fern! Thanks for a wonderful package! Also thanks for enclosing a letter with the card! I just love when that happens! LOL

o

YaYa -
Just wanted to say thanks for visiting. We miss you. The Circle has 22 great people in it and we are having lots of fun. Glad to hear that you and your plants are doing okay.
Hopefully some more of last year's group that couldn't continue will pop in from time to time.

o

Yipppeeeee yahoooo...what a great package Summer!! Thank you! First, I opened it up and there were scented silk rose petals that just filled the air with roses. 2nd, is all the rose wrapping paper...beautiful. I see something peeking out that doesn't look like the wrapping paper, pull it out and it's....it's....A BAREROOT ROSE BUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! (can ya tell I was excited? LOL) It's called Proud Land and I added the help me find link to it, so ya'll can see what it's going to look like when it grows up! It's a red bloom one and with all the roses in my garden that's a color I didn't have...now I do. I'm really excited about this rose bush!! Ok, next...2 packages of seeds, Cleome (Rose Queen) and Phlox (beauty dwarf mixed colors)..both are going to look great with my roses. Then there is Rose fragranced incense cones. Have one burning now, can you smell it? Love em. Then I recieved Glycerine Rosewater hand therapy. It smells great & is much needed for more poor old hands. Next is a beautiful, beautiful ceramic figure of a child angel in a pair of hands with 3 pink roses scattered around. Angels & roses are my fav garden things, but this has a place of honor in my living room ;)
Do you think that's all? Nope...Some really cute M&M stickers to add to my collection! They are just to cute. (for those who don't know...I collect M&M candy collectables...have everything from a cuckoo clock to shoes to mini M&M racing cars...but, I didn't have these stickers!)
Can't forget the cute fairy card & the note!
Thanks so much Summer, you're the very best garden pal anyone could have.
Julie...taking time to smell the roses!

Here is a link that might be useful: Proud Land Rose

o

Julie,

I am sooo happy that you liked everything. I sure hope the rosebush made the trip okay being bareroot and all, and that it will grow up into a beautiful bush for you. And the angel figurine, I am so glad you like it. I saw it and thought of you.

Oh, Sandlapper, is my pal garden_witch by chance one of the ones who's had to drop out? I just haven't heard from her for a long time, and wondered if she was okay.

Went to the doctor today, and found out that I have passed bronchitis and am in the early stage of pneumonia. Doc gave me meds, and said that I would be very doped up this weekend and to not plan on doing much, lol. She says she thinks we caught it early enough, thank God. So send good thoughts my way everyone, I really appreciate it.

Hope everyone is doing well, and getting excited for spring.

~Summer

o

Summer,
I hope you feel better soon!
Yes, I can't wait for spring, its been such a long winter! We finally had some nice weather, 60*. I opened up the kitchen window for a few hours to allow a little fresh air in! Today was the first day that our heat wasn't on since October. By Tuesday were expecting snow and temps in the low 30's again. Yuck!

My box arrived from Carol, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I loved everything in it!
Carol sent a really neat Patio/deck hanging butterfly garden! It's a hanging basket with coconut coir fiber (soil), and a seed mix of Lupine, bachelor buttons, baby's breath, cosmos, sweetwillam, candytuft, marigold, larkspur, sweet alyssum, purple coneflower, Coreopsis (all together mixed in one package).
And a garden journal, Sarah Michaels' gift set (facial buff, oil body mist, body lotion, soap in a "Wildflower" fragrance)
Tigridia- Mixed bulbs. Also, a realllllly cute pink monkey *fuzzy* keychain!

Carol, thanks so much!
Hugs,

o

Summer, take care of yourself, hope you feel better soon!

and Marie, that heads up I gave you was just a little premature, sorry. Your box is definitely going out today.

We have a beautiful day ahead, so I'm gonna go outside and play in the dirt!

o

Summer,
Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon. I will send you an e-mail message.

o

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, I will be feeling better soon I hope.

Just to clarify, what I said sounded like maybe I had not received from Shannon in February. But I did, I got a great box from her last month. I just hadn't heard from her for a few weeks, and was worried about her. She is a great lady, and I just didn't want what I said to be misunderstood.

Sure hope you are okay Shannon. Hope to hear from you sometime.

~Summer

o

Karen,
I'm glad you liked the things I picked for you. I was worried about that box I sent them in but it wouldn't fit in a priority box. That box felt kinda flimsy so I tried to build it up by adding lots of tape. LOL

Summer & Karen,
I hope you both feel better real soon. It's been such beautiful weather here, I would hate for y'all to miss it.

I've been outdoors a lot & away from the computer. While I'm loving this warm weather, I'm worried too. Since it hit 90 in March, I'm dreading what July & August will bring. All the money saved on heating bills this winter will surely be eaten up by cooling bills I'm sure. Not to mention the wildfires. :(

o

Suzanne,

Thank you so much for the wonderful March package! I have been gone for a few days to an EMS conference and it was a great surprise to find it waiting for me when I returned.

I love everything!!! The dragonfly "rock" will find a very special place in my new gardens. It is soooo cute as is the little sunface windchime! :) The journal and sticky notes are a perfect replacement for the mess of paper I have scattered here and there as I am planning the new gardens! The shower gel smells wonderfully refreshing and is greatly appreciated too! Thank you again, Suzanne!

We are under a winter storm watch with the warning just one county away. Possibly 4 - 8 inches of white stuff will be making its way into the area if the weatherman is correct. Guess its a good day to do more wintersowing! I have 46 milk jugs out in the cold and just waiting to sprout. I am sooooo glad Spring is on the way soon! Spring IS on the way, isn't it?????

Karen and Summer, hope you are feeling better! It's never fun to be ill and seems worse when the days are brightening up with the signs of spring!

Diane, your March package will be on its way tomorrow if the weather doesn't prevent me from getting to the P.O.! Hope you had a great relaxing weekend at the river house! ;)

YaYa...so good to see you pop in and that you are doing well! You started a wonderful group last year and SRose is doing a beaut of a job with coordination of this years group of new friends!!! Hoping others from last year and those that have had to leave us this year will pop in as well. :)

Hugs,
Dee

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 12, 06 at 18:40

Beth, Wowza! What a grand box of wonderful gifts you sent! I love the great "green" theme. Beth sent the cutest green little rubber duckie that will just have to sit on the side of our jacuzzi. Can't wait to see what it does when I turn on the jets! HA!! We are an Irish Spring usin' household so thanks for that, too. We also use Curel. I have not tried the lavender, chamomile, and oatmeal "flavor" that you sent, but I do like it. Of course, it is in a green bottle. Beth also sent green candy--sour apple-flavored punch straws(puckery goood), a green candy stick, and two different kinds of green jelly bellies!!! DH LOVES jelly bellies. These are the first things he has ever confiscated out of one of my boxes! The Granny's Green Onion Dip Mix that you included sounds DEElicious. I love that kind of stuff. The two magazines that you sent look great, too. I thumbed through them quickly last night and can't wait to sit down and read them. Beth sent a copy of Southern Living and Fine Gardening. She sent a beautiful shamrock suncatcher which will hang in the living room window. Beth, I can hardly wait to plant and grow the Good Luck Garden. It is supposed to grow clovers--maybe even a 4-leaf clover??? I will keep my fingers crossed. It is such a coincidence that you sent this. When DS was home with us last week, he was telling me that he was really, REALLY wanting one of these. He and his girlfriend have had conversations about 4-leaf clovers, I guess. Anyway, I'm sure he would have tried to take this, but he left on Friday and this came on Saturday. I will be telling him about it. : ) Beth included something for Lady dog, too--some great dog bone chews. She loves them, thanks! Two more items that I'm really getting a kick out of. One is the tiniest little silver squirrel on top of a crystal-type base. The squirrel isn't more than 1/2" tall and the base is maybe 3/4" diameter. Beth, it is soooo precious. For those of you in her secret squirrel swap, it is a wonderful reminder of all of the fun we had this year. And we all DID have a great time! The last item is a hoot!!! They are green fingernails for St. Patrick's Day. They have little shamrocks painted on each nail. Beth, you KNOW that I will wear them to school, and the kids will love it---along with the leprechaun ponytail holders that I got from Carol/Vee. I can hardly wait! Dear friend, again you have sent wonderful, fun, and beautiful gifts. I thank you over and over again from my heart. Mary Ellen

o

I couldn't resist taking some pictures of Spring flowers today, so here is some of what is in bloom.
Hope you enjoy seeing them. I think the tulip bulbs came from my Garden Exchange Pal in 2005. Wish I could remember for certain! One of these days I will have to get better organized and write things like that in a notebook.
Have a good week! I hope all who were sick are getting well.

Assorted tulips

Veronica "Georgia Blue'

Daffodil and pansies

o

Jeanne, those are just beautiful! Spring is a comin'! And not too soon! I will do my best to get my package out tommorrow, if not Wed.

Hope none of you were in the paths of the storms and everyone here is ok!

o

Happy Birthday Debbie, Hope tomorrow is a great day for you and one of the best birthday's ever.

Karen

o

Hi Debbie, here is a confirmation # for you, 03010120000268339491, pkg. left today priority mail. I hope you have a great birthday! Giverny4me

Also I am praying for all of our GW friends in the midwest tornado alley, hope this is the worst of the season for them :( and they have all blue skies from now on...

Sandlapper, your photos are great! Here is the garden report for Pensacola, (NW FL) the lillies are budding up, the japanese magnolia is just finishing flowering and my Homestead purple verbena has woken up and is going crazy. I mean electric purple. Good thing too cause the butterflies are back and looking for some chow...my neighbor Miz Beth is the bulb Queen, in her garden she has every shade and variety of daffodil going strong. Angel trumpets that were pruned back 2 weeks ago have strong growth. Have to get busy with those shears, the weather is warming up here...but the storms are headed this way so Tuesday will be indoor day. Heavy sigh. I have to say I feel like Debbie/OK that I hope this wacky weather is not leading to another bad summer weather season...specially with all the sowing done this winter I am really attached to all my new little perennials! Well I am off to batten down the hatches.... ;) Susan

o

Debbie is our

Happy Birthday, Debbie. I hope you have a wonderful day!

o

Alicia, I am relieved that you didn't get it sent.

Last Wednesday my daughter was taken to the hospital with apendix like pains, a fever of 102 and a bad tummy. For 3 (very loooong) days I sat with her while they pumped all kinds of stuff into her and taking all kinds of tests. Still don't know what is wrong but what ever it is, is still plagueing us. She finally went to school today and I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

I am hoping that my goodies show up today - I need some cheer in my life :)

Marie

o

Alicia,

THANK YOU!!!!! I got the most wonderful box today :) 2 different types of Canna's - Cleopatra (which I have wanted forever) & Rosemond Cole, several of each. These are going to look GREAT behind my Peonies. A pair of St.Patty's socks, 4 little medal bugs for my Secret Garden and the NEATEST card! It has Texas wild flower seeds in the paper, kind of like the mats you put down and water, very cool! Even the guys in my office are impressed and all they think about is tractor's, hunting & golf.

I love everything! Now I have to go get pots to plant my new Canna's in so that they are big come warm weather. Nothing like playing in dirt to take stress away...

Thanks again :)
Marie

o
pardon my interruption

Please let me take the time to update you on Sue (skholer) who was recently hospitalized.

Ive had several telephone conversations with her. She remains in high spirits and just wants to get well. She has a blood clot in her lung and is being treated with bed rest, medications and monitoring. There will be a period of down time for her and she will not be participating in trades for the time being until she is up and about and able to pack her own boxes. Shes very bored right now, and especially missing her animals and reading updates/posts on the forums.

Her brother Jim has been an absolute God-send to her and is taking care of her father, her animals and some trade boxes that she had packed and ready to go. Hes working on hooking up her computer to a different location, as she is going to require bed rest once shes discharged. Sues hoping for a discharge this weekend, but its iffy as of today.

Shes currently at Battle Creek Medical Center, 300 North Avenue, Battle Creek MI 49017. Her room number is 3104. Im almost positive she would love to hear from all her garden web friends.

If you need any other information, please contact me through e-mail and Ill pass it on to you.

Be well,
Maryanne/Earthly

o

Maryanne -
Thanks so much for letting us know about Sue (Skohler.) She has a sending and receiving pal in this group. Hopefully she will get well really soon. I know it must be hard to not only confront the illness but also to miss your garden, your pets, getting on the internet, etc.

Marie,
I hope your daughter starts to feel better really soon and also that they figure out what the problem is! Hugs are being sent to you and her.

Anyone else who is sick or has a family member who is sick, hope everyone is better really soon! Seems to have been a bad month or so with people facing health problems. I hope one or more of our gardening friends are feeling better - post and let us know!

o

jeanne and pedal pusher?????

from what i understand, sue's box for this month has been taken care of. i believe her brother either put it in the mail today, or will this week. that one was ready to go.

regards,
maryanne

o

Happy Happy Birthday, Debbie! Hope you are having a wonderful day filled with lots of joy and surprises!

~Faint

o

Happy Birthday Wishes to Debbie!! I hope you have a wonderful day and year!!

To all whom are having health problems thoughts and prayers are being sent your way!!

Marie...so sorry to hear about your daughter..have they found anything? I am glad your package hit at the right time!

thanks for letting us know about Sue!

Summer I hope you are starting to feel better!

To all get well as it is getting to be our favorite time of the year!! Spring is coming!!
Take care!

Beth I haven't forgotten you!! No never could do that!! I haven't gotten your 2nd package packed so hang in there I will get it sent on its way soon!!

o

Maryanne,
Sue sent me some e-mail last Thursday to let me know she rec'd my March package. She said she wasn't feeling well. I'm so sorry to hear she's in the hospital. Thank you for letting us know. I'll send her a note.
Ann

o

Wed, Mar 15, 06 at 9:16

A beautiful good morning to everyone, I will be sending my pal's box out in tomorrow's mail, Mellen

o

Thank you, Kelli!

I got my package today and you sure will be helping me celebrate St. Patrick's Day! I received some Andes chocolate mint candy, a beautiful green pot and watering saucer (I think Kelli must have painted this herself - already put the lemon verbena that I rooted last year in it) a St. Patrick's Day pin and card, some really nice gardening gloves, one of those padded kneeler cushions (I have never had one...), some Oxalis that I already planted (love it), and packets of the following GREEN seeds: birdhouse gourd, shiso perilla, green ice lettuce, a variety of zinnia called 'Envy' and Bells of Ireland. How clever! I thank you so much. You are a great swap partner. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. Wish you were close by - I would share my green cupcakes with you. That is my special thing that I make every year for St. Patrick's Day. I suspect some corned beef and cabbage might be on the menu this weekend as well.

o

Just wanted to wish everyone in the Garden Circle Exchange Ring (and our visitors) a Happy St. Patrick's Day. I don't have a bit of Irish in me, but it's one of my favorite occasions to celebrate anyway. Maybe it's because all that green reminds me of all the beautiful green foliage on our plants, shrubs, trees, etc.
And don't forget "the green thumb"

o

Top O' the Mornin' To Ya Too, From aka: ilsonshine (Garden Circle Exchange Ringer in 2005)

Glad to read that the group is still going strong. Sad to read that some members are under the weather. It is wonderful though that others are still here to rally around them, lift them up with encouragement, thoughts and prayers for them to get well soon.

This changing weather sure spoils us and is confusing. I rake things up and start cleaning the beds, only to have to put it all right back for protection again after I see the weather forecast for temps going into low 20s. Is it just IL and the midwest or are you all having some of this?

Well, I just thought I'd drop by and say "Hi."

Have a Great Day. InHISpalm, Gina

o

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Thanks for all the prayer's - my daughter is feeling a little better :)

Marie

o

Hi Ladies
well just wanted to let you know
I"M HOME :))))
still can't get out & work in my garden very cold out
yet & doc says I have to stay in bed for at lease 1 full week yet I go monday for blood test & tuesday I see my doctor .
the clot hit fast & hard so had no time to let anyone know . it was very scary , I trully want to thank earthly & carol/veeja11 for their phone calls while my stay in the hospital .
anyway wanted to let ann know i did get the 1st box but haven't seen the 2nd one yet maybe today for mail has not come yet.

I see the box my brother sent out to my pal padelpusher
was delivered on the 16th I hope nothing was broken
or forgotten :)) my brother is the best &has really tried to help me in everyway.

I will try to keep up on this robin doc say it is going
to take me awhile to get back to normal .
thank you all for being patient with me .

susie

HAPPY ST PATTY"S DAY

o

Susie,
So glad to hear that you are out of the hospital. No place like home is there. I received my package and it was so kind of your brother to jot a note giving me the scoop. You are a very lucky lady to have a great family. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Thank you so much for the beautiful stepping stone as it will be the first addition to my new garden. Enjoyed the treats especially the green frogs and my son thought they were pretty cool. Please rest and you are in my prays.

Thanks again,
Carman

o

Susan,
Thank you very much for the wonderful gifts & birthday card. I love the garden fairy, she's beautiful. The lady bug socks are so cute, as is the lady bug pin. The irish smiley face pin made me smile. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful birthday. The reason I'm so late replying here is my sister & BIL from W.V. surprised me with a birthday visit! I sure wasn't expecting them.
They took me to spend my birthday with my daughter, then we went on a short trip to hit all the antique shops I love in S.Oklahoma & N. Texas. What fun that was. I just got home about an hour ago.

I hope everyone who's been sick is on the mend, or will be soon.
Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day to everyone. :)

o

Debbie - Oh what a wonderful birthday! Glad to hear it went well....XXXXyour pal/Susan/giverny4me...

o

Sun, Mar 19, 06 at 2:51

My pal's box finally went out in the mail today. Mellen

o

Hello Everyone,
I received a great package from Faint on Friday, but haven't have a chance to post. Faint please know I loved my goodies as always! First was the cutest St. Paddy's Day card with a letter inside! Everything themed "green".
A pack of "Envy" Zinnia seeds. Green Hot Chocolate, a lil Lucky Clover Grow Kit, a huge notepad (green & white of course) with "d" on it, A pack Small dog treats for my Sassyone! A pack of plant T-Labels, And a "pot of gold" which is almost gone! lol A big can of honey roasted nuts!
A Better Homes & Gardens book called Garden Decorations, oh this has some wonderful stuff in it! Great ideas! And a beautiful windchime which I just adore! Also one last gift that I'll leave between us! Thanks so much sweetie I just love everything and hope I haven't missed anything!

Lots of hugs & thank you so much!
Diane

o

Susan/giverny4me....Hi, did you recieve your package? It says on the usps site it was delivered on the 16th. Just want to make sure everythings ok.
Julie

o

Susie,
I'm surprised your other package hasn't arrived yet. Tomorrow it will be two weeks since I mailed it. I'm hoping it will be in tomorrow's mail. There are a couple things in the package that might help pass the time while you're recuperating.
Keep me posted.
Ann

o

Ann
I got your package today it went to my neighbors
ray brought it to me today love it all
it was ripped open on 2 side so not sure if all was
in it.
but here is what arrived :))

personalized addressed lables lots of them :)))
a big thank you for them .
afghans to crochet in just a day book :)))
mile -a- minute afghans book :)))
love them but will take me a month to get one done :((
I;m not fast like others :))
a watercolor painting like picture of a daylily
to frame .
& some daylily reading information & a card of
imspiration of best wishes .
thank you much pal :))) for your kindness.
I hope the mail carriers didnt loose anything out of it .

susie

o

Hi Susie.
Yes I think everything made it despite the rough transit thank goodness. This will keep your hands and mind busy while resting up. I know you like day lilies and I thought of you when I saw the article. So glad it made it to you safely. Will attempt heavier packaging for April. Enjoy!
Ann

o

so glad nothing dropped out I enjoyed the lily article's
as for crocheting I plan to get some yarn this week.
& maybe I might have a afagan by xmas for my xmas pal :))) thank you a bunch my friend .

susie

o

Mellen how did you mail a pkg on sunday?

o

Got a great package from Shannon today!! Thank you so much Shannon for everything, and I am so glad to hear you are okay. I don't have a lot of time right now, so I will post the list of things tomorrow. But just wanted to make sure you knew I got it, and to say thanks SO much! :)))

~Summer

o

Happy First Day of Spring!

It was cool and cloudy here, and there is supposed to be rain on the way. No problem with that - we need rain!

o

It's spring! And it has been gloomy, cold, and rainy here for days. But THANK GOD for this rain, we desperately needed it to end this extremely high fire hazard we have been under. I am thankful for the rain, but now that I am almost better, I am looking forward to when it warms up, so I can get out and start working on my garden.

I am feeling a lot better by the way. I still sometimes start wheezing and/or coughing and need medication, but the fever is gone and for the most part I am better.

Okay, as for what Shannon sent.
First out of the package was one of those spiral illusion spinners that you hang outside, and this one is the prettiest ones I have ever seen! It's different shades of green, (my fav. color,) mixed with glitter. Can't wait to hang it up and watch it spin! Then was the most beautiful little green and silver butterfly ornament, I just love it. Now I have to figure out where to hang it. Then a neat little green (noticing a green theme here? I love it!) plaque with purple roses around it, that says, "May all your weed be Wildflowers". THEN, a really neat, and I know this is shocking, a GREEN notebook with the cutest garden picture that says, "In the Garden". This will be great for me, I really needed an official garden journal. And this will be it! Then a really cute garden-themed notepad, and just when you thought that was all, lastly, a Dhali Lama's Book of Wisdom. And as always, a neat card. Thanks so much again Shannon, I just love all the green things! (Don't worry about me getting sick of green, lol.) And drop me an e-mail sometime and give me an update on how you are feeling.

Well hope everyone is having a good beginning to spring.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

Sandlapper,
Hi, don't know if somethings wrong or not with Susan/giverny4me. USPS shows the package I sent to her was recieved on the 16th, but I haven't seen anything on here or heard from her thru the private email I sent. Just wanted to let you know I did send a package this month and really hope all is well with Susan.
Julie

o

Hi everyone =)
I am so sorry I haven't had a chance to post yet, I am starting to feel a bit better =)
I'm glad your package arrived Summer, and that you like everything! I hope you're feeling all better soon =) I had pneumonia last year, just after Easter, no fun at all! I barely left our couch for about a week, except to go to the doctor, or if I absolutely had too!

I do have one question for Jeanne... who is sending to me now? Just a little confused =) but I am also blond, so it happens and I'm used to it ;) hehehe!

Oh, btw... there has been a "look-alike" out there, with a similar ID as mine, "gardeningwitch." She has started a swap, and I got one of her packages... just wanted to let ya all know, not me! lol!
Shannon

o

Julie, we'll keep watching for Susan. Hopefully she is just up to something fun. We've had enough illness here.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Shannon. Diane (Sassyd) will be sending to you now.

I'll have to take more pictures of the Spring flowers and post them. The pollen and I don't get along, but the flowers are just beautiful!

o

Oh, I envy those South of me right now! We got 3" of snow on the first/second day of Spring, and my poor daffodils are still smothered by it! We've never had snow this late so it was surprising. And to think I almost planted some cool-season veggies last weekend.....

Sandlapper--so glad you liked the package this month! You'll have to send me some of those cupcakes next year. :-)

Pastvast--I tried to e-mail you and it bounced back. Hope you are well.

-Kelli

o

I received a wonderful pkg from Mellen today, a beautiful wolf door mat, I love it cozy wolf socks, an adorable magnet
2 cute little pots in a sunflower holder, 2 pkgs of dahlia seeds an egg grow kit for tomatoes. I love it all especially the wolves. thankyou Mellen I love it

o

Wed, Mar 22, 06 at 21:55

Dear friend Carol, I am glad you liked the box that I sent. It has been so fun looking for items for you. It's so hard not to buy every wolf thing that I see! But I resist quite a bit of the time. Can't wait until plants start to grow so I can share some of them. Thanks for being a friend, Mary Ellen/Mellen

o

Hopefully everyone has mailed to her pal for the month of March. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will stay calm for the next few months.
However... if anyone has not received something in March... or at least heard from your pal that it's in the mail, please let me know by the middle of next week. Sure hope we don't have to drop anyone.
Just remember, ladies, that if you have a busy month and you don't feel like you can get a package out by the deadline, at least send a card, a note, or a postcard or something and then get the package out after that. You are only required to send SOMETHING so don't let the dates creep up on you.
Have a good weekend!!!

o

Hi Everyone,

It's been too long since I last checked this forum. I must confess, I've been a less than stellar pal. I've gotten Kelli's package out late (on the 21st) and I failed to say thanks to Carmen in a timely manner for the lovely package she sent to me.

My pals should know already via snail mail and email, so I'm ready to share my news with the rest of you:
I'M PREGNANT!!
I'm only 8-9 weeks along, so I've still got weeks left before I'm out of the miscarriage risk timeperiod. So please keep me in your prayers that I don't miscarry and end up having a healthy baby. As many of you are already moms, you probably know that the first trimester is NO FUN and that morning sickness is a lie... they should call it "all day sickness".

I'm hoping that in a month from now, I'm back to my energetic self and getting packages and responses out on time and not leaving my pals to wonder if I've fallen off the face of the earth! Please bear with me until then!!!

Thanks!!!
-Stephanie

o

Congratulations, Stephanie! So nice to have some happy news and will certainly pray that your pregnancy goes well and you have a healthy baby. I also had morning sickness and there was something that worked pretty well years ago, but they took it off the market. I joke that when I was pregnant was the only time in my life when I was not hungry and I ate bland food when I ate - mashed potatoes or some other not very nutritious food. At least those prenatal vitamins keep you going.
I hope the morning sickness gets better and keep us posted on how you are doing.

o

Oh my gosh Steph what wonderful news!! I am so happy for you!! You are in my prayers girlfriend!!
I have been thinking about you and wondering if you were one whom dropped out! So happy to see your still here!! For those of you that don't know Steph was my pal last year! She is a real gem!! Such a sweetheart! Oh keep us posted ...I am just so happy! Thanks for making my day!!
Congrats Steph! You will make a wonderful mother!!

Ok and for Beth my pal I have finally made it to the post office and mailed package #2 which I told you I would do!! Be careful when you pick it up!! I think you will be happy with the package as the longer I waited the more I kepted adding to the box!! The Post Master wanted to know what I was mailing...rocks? Well one never knows!! Sorry again for my delayed response.
Just so Jeanne knows I did send a small package early in March and have been in touch with Beth by email. Beth has offered much needed support over the past couple of months! I couldn't and wouldn't forget my pal!! I have been blessed with a great pal to send too as well as receive from!! I thank my special pals!!
I also enjoy the rest of the group both old and new!

o
RE: UPDATE: Birthday

Just wanted to be the first to wish out wonderful hostess a Happy Birthday!! It is coming up on the 29th of this month!! Sorry Jeanne as I told you I still need to learn how to do the graphics so no cake from me...come on gals help me out with a cake for our birthday gal!!
Keep your eyes open for a special birthday gift! Since I couldn't do the cake here I sent you a little birthday surprise!! I am not telling what it is! Any guess? Nope still not telling!! LOL

o

Here's the cake!
Happy Birthday Jeanne!

I wish I knew how to design them on my own. I don't..but I do know how to copy and paste!

o

Congratulations Stephanie! What exciting news.

Will keep you in my thoughts & prayers for a healthy, happy pregnancy.

o

Hi Kids--Well sorry Julie I did receive the package and I did post a thank you almost a week ago-------------but it was on the wrong thread ...DUH. OH my. Can't believe I did that. I have been taking care of an elderly neighbor pretty much all this past week. Losing my mind.... Will be right back with the details of the box!!! How embarrassing. geez.

o

Fri, Mar 24, 06 at 23:50

Dear Stephanie, I am sooo THRILLED for you!!! I am certain that you will be a wonderful, loving, and patient mother. I will be praying that your morning sickness does not last much longer and that your baby is healthy. Be prepared for lots of questions over the next few months!!! Mellen--your last year's pal

o

Re: Julie's package-here is what my friend sent me- some Andes mints, they were chopped up and put in green milk shakes which the family enjoyed, some San Francisco Soap Company green body lotion which I have enjoyed all this past week on my poor gardener's hands, some Bells of Ireland and Flowering Cabbage seeds, a shopping notepad with my name on it, and a neat butterfly nectar feeder complete with a supply of nectar, the butterflies will be loving it, I'm sure. Thanks so much Julie you are the best. Sorry again for the mix-up. p.s. The butterfly bush/nanho blue you sent in Jan has grown 6 inches and has buds on it!
Congratulations to Stephanie and husband, a baby on the way is such wonderful news, I also will be praying the the morning sickness passes quickly for you. Welcome to Club Mum. :) XXXXSusan

o

Susan, I understand about being busy and was just glad to hear you & your family are OK. What a wonderful person you are helping all your neighbors out the way you do, but remember to take some "Susan time".
Glad you liked everything...and get one of those teenagers to take a pic of the Nanho for me! LOL
Happy Early Birthday Jeanne!

CONGRATULATIONS STEPHANIE & DH
Prayers for a healthy wonderful baby!

o

How nice to stop in and see that we are celebrating my birthday already!!! I have been telling people that I don't mind the party, but I am NOT turning older this year... those numbers are just getting too large. LOL
I have been doing lots of digging up and moving plants. We have to get the siding replaced on our house and guess what's in the way? Arg! The contractor has told me that the workers will not be careful around the plants, so out came any small plants and the smaller or the shrubs. The others we are cutting back and tying in hopes that fewer branches will be broken this way. It was especially bad timing because the azeleas are just starting to bloom! I am taking some of the cut branches inside and putting them in vases so we can enjoy them a little. (I was tempted to tell the contractor to delay, but just knew if I did that he would get busy with someone else and there will be a long delay. I think you need to get them when you can...)
Anyway, party on, Garden Circle ladies. I think we should have fun all week!

Jeanne

o

Well Jeanne I hadn't forgotten your birthday, just didn't realize we were gonna party for a week, but hey, thats fine by me! Hope you have a great birthday week!

I emailed you and Shannon a couple of days ago, but haven't heard back from either of you, so i'm assuming they weren't received for some reason.

Shannon, your package is showing delivery on Monday, via UPS so heads up. I apologize for running late on you, been a sickly month for me! Hope you like!

o

Okay, Garden Circle members (this year and last), I decided that we will "party" all week and it will be a garden party! I am going to start a new thread so it will be easier to access and then I will start another new one for April, getting back to our regular format. So from today - March 26 - through Fri., March 31, there will be trivia and riddles and questions posted on our site. Feel free to add to what I list. The first one to post the answer to any of the daily questions I ask will get a small surprise mailed to them from me (and I will let you know who wins for each day.) Also, even though this time it is MY garden party anyone in the group is welcome to have HER OWN garden party and play this game on the week of her birthday or any other time to liven up our conversations.
Who has an April birthday? I like to list them when I start posting for each month.
So, let the party begin!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here