Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

UPDATE: March - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

sandlapper_rose
18 years ago

A new category for our March conversations. Welcome to our new members!

So who has a birthday in March? Debbie's birthday is on March 14 and mine is on March 29. (Can I just party and not get any older... those of you in your 30's are youngsters! LOL)

Anyone else? We don't want to forget anyone in the group and unfortunately my list doesn't show all the birthdays which is why I ask every month.

Have a great month of March... yes, Springtime is coming!

Sandlapper Rose

Comments (94)

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Hi Debbie, here is a confirmation # for you, 03010120000268339491, pkg. left today priority mail. I hope you have a great birthday! Giverny4me

Also I am praying for all of our GW friends in the midwest tornado alley, hope this is the worst of the season for them :( and they have all blue skies from now on...

Sandlapper, your photos are great! Here is the garden report for Pensacola, (NW FL) the lillies are budding up, the japanese magnolia is just finishing flowering and my Homestead purple verbena has woken up and is going crazy. I mean electric purple. Good thing too cause the butterflies are back and looking for some chow...my neighbor Miz Beth is the bulb Queen, in her garden she has every shade and variety of daffodil going strong. Angel trumpets that were pruned back 2 weeks ago have strong growth. Have to get busy with those shears, the weather is warming up here...but the storms are headed this way so Tuesday will be indoor day. Heavy sigh. I have to say I feel like Debbie/OK that I hope this wacky weather is not leading to another bad summer weather season...specially with all the sowing done this winter I am really attached to all my new little perennials! Well I am off to batten down the hatches.... ;) Susan

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Debbie is our

{{gwi:1249128}}

Happy Birthday, Debbie. I hope you have a wonderful day!

• wynative
    18 years ago

Alicia, I am relieved that you didn't get it sent.

Last Wednesday my daughter was taken to the hospital with apendix like pains, a fever of 102 and a bad tummy. For 3 (very loooong) days I sat with her while they pumped all kinds of stuff into her and taking all kinds of tests. Still don't know what is wrong but what ever it is, is still plagueing us. She finally went to school today and I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

I am hoping that my goodies show up today - I need some cheer in my life :)

Marie

• wynative
    18 years ago

Alicia,

THANK YOU!!!!! I got the most wonderful box today :) 2 different types of Canna's - Cleopatra (which I have wanted forever) & Rosemond Cole, several of each. These are going to look GREAT behind my Peonies. A pair of St.Patty's socks, 4 little medal bugs for my Secret Garden and the NEATEST card! It has Texas wild flower seeds in the paper, kind of like the mats you put down and water, very cool! Even the guys in my office are impressed and all they think about is tractor's, hunting & golf.

I love everything! Now I have to go get pots to plant my new Canna's in so that they are big come warm weather. Nothing like playing in dirt to take stress away...

Thanks again :)
    Marie

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

Please let me take the time to update you on Sue (skholer) who was recently hospitalized.

IÂve had several telephone conversations with her. She remains in high spirits and just wants to get well. She has a blood clot in her lung and is being treated with bed rest, medications and monitoring. There will be a period of down time for her and she will not be participating in trades for the time being until she is up and about and able to pack her own boxes. SheÂs very bored right now, and especially missing her animals and reading updates/posts on the forums.

Her brother Jim has been an absolute God-send to her and is taking care of her father, her animals and some trade boxes that she had packed and ready to go. HeÂs working on hooking up her computer to a different location, as she is going to require bed rest once sheÂs discharged. SueÂs hoping for a discharge this weekend, but itÂs iffy as of today.

SheÂs currently at Battle Creek Medical Center, 300 North Avenue, Battle Creek MI 49017. Her room number is 3104. IÂm almost positive she would love to hear from all her garden web friends.

If you need any other information, please contact me through e-mail and IÂll pass it on to you.

Be well,
    Maryanne/Earthly

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Maryanne -
    Thanks so much for letting us know about Sue (Skohler.) She has a sending and receiving pal in this group. Hopefully she will get well really soon. I know it must be hard to not only confront the illness but also to miss your garden, your pets, getting on the internet, etc.

Marie,
    I hope your daughter starts to feel better really soon and also that they figure out what the problem is! Hugs are being sent to you and her.

Anyone else who is sick or has a family member who is sick, hope everyone is better really soon! Seems to have been a bad month or so with people facing health problems. I hope one or more of our gardening friends are feeling better - post and let us know!

• earthlydelights
    18 years ago

jeanne and pedal pusher?????

from what i understand, sue's box for this month has been taken care of. i believe her brother either put it in the mail today, or will this week. that one was ready to go.

regards,
    maryanne

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Happy Happy Birthday, Debbie! Hope you are having a wonderful day filled with lots of joy and surprises!

~Faint

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Wishes to Debbie!! I hope you have a wonderful day and year!!

To all whom are having health problems thoughts and prayers are being sent your way!!

Marie...so sorry to hear about your daughter..have they found anything? I am glad your package hit at the right time!

thanks for letting us know about Sue!

Summer I hope you are starting to feel better!

To all get well as it is getting to be our favorite time of the year!! Spring is coming!!
    Take care!

Beth I haven't forgotten you!! No never could do that!! I haven't gotten your 2nd package packed so hang in there I will get it sent on its way soon!!

• atravers
    18 years ago

Maryanne,
    Sue sent me some e-mail last Thursday to let me know she rec'd my March package. She said she wasn't feeling well. I'm so sorry to hear she's in the hospital. Thank you for letting us know. I'll send her a note.
    Ann

• mellen
    18 years ago

A beautiful good morning to everyone, I will be sending my pal's box out in tomorrow's mail, Mellen

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you, Kelli!

{{gwi:1249129}}

I got my package today and you sure will be helping me celebrate St. Patrick's Day! I received some Andes chocolate mint candy, a beautiful green pot and watering saucer (I think Kelli must have painted this herself - already put the lemon verbena that I rooted last year in it) a St. Patrick's Day pin and card, some really nice gardening gloves, one of those padded kneeler cushions (I have never had one...), some Oxalis that I already planted (love it), and packets of the following GREEN seeds: birdhouse gourd, shiso perilla, green ice lettuce, a variety of zinnia called 'Envy' and Bells of Ireland. How clever! I thank you so much. You are a great swap partner. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. Wish you were close by - I would share my green cupcakes with you. That is my special thing that I make every year for St. Patrick's Day. I suspect some corned beef and cabbage might be on the menu this weekend as well.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

{{gwi:1249130}}

Just wanted to wish everyone in the Garden Circle Exchange Ring (and our visitors) a Happy St. Patrick's Day. I don't have a bit of Irish in me, but it's one of my favorite occasions to celebrate anyway. Maybe it's because all that green reminds me of all the beautiful green foliage on our plants, shrubs, trees, etc.
    And don't forget "the green thumb"

• ilsonshine
    18 years ago

Top O' the Mornin' To Ya Too, From aka: ilsonshine (Garden Circle Exchange Ringer in 2005)

Glad to read that the group is still going strong. Sad to read that some members are under the weather. It is wonderful though that others are still here to rally around them, lift them up with encouragement, thoughts and prayers for them to get well soon.

This changing weather sure spoils us and is confusing. I rake things up and start cleaning the beds, only to have to put it all right back for protection again after I see the weather forecast for temps going into low 20s. Is it just IL and the midwest or are you all having some of this?

Well, I just thought I'd drop by and say "Hi."

Have a Great Day. InHISpalm, Gina

• wynative
    18 years ago

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Thanks for all the prayer's - my daughter is feeling a little better :)

Marie

• skohler
    18 years ago

Hi Ladies
    well just wanted to let you know
    I"M HOME :))))
    still can't get out & work in my garden very cold out
    yet & doc says I have to stay in bed for at lease 1 full week yet I go monday for blood test & tuesday I see my doctor .
    the clot hit fast & hard so had no time to let anyone know . it was very scary , I trully want to thank earthly & carol/veeja11 for their phone calls while my stay in the hospital .
    anyway wanted to let ann know i did get the 1st box but haven't seen the 2nd one yet maybe today for mail has not come yet.

I see the box my brother sent out to my pal padelpusher
    was delivered on the 16th I hope nothing was broken
    or forgotten :)) my brother is the best &has really tried to help me in everyway.

I will try to keep up on this robin doc say it is going
    to take me awhile to get back to normal .
    thank you all for being patient with me .

susie

HAPPY ST PATTY"S DAY

• pedalpusher
    18 years ago

Susie,
    So glad to hear that you are out of the hospital. No place like home is there. I received my package and it was so kind of your brother to jot a note giving me the scoop. You are a very lucky lady to have a great family. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Thank you so much for the beautiful stepping stone as it will be the first addition to my new garden. Enjoyed the treats especially the green frogs and my son thought they were pretty cool. Please rest and you are in my prays.

Thanks again,
    Carman

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Susan,
    Thank you very much for the wonderful gifts & birthday card. I love the garden fairy, she's beautiful. The lady bug socks are so cute, as is the lady bug pin. The irish smiley face pin made me smile. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful birthday. The reason I'm so late replying here is my sister & BIL from W.V. surprised me with a birthday visit! I sure wasn't expecting them.
    They took me to spend my birthday with my daughter, then we went on a short trip to hit all the antique shops I love in S.Oklahoma & N. Texas. What fun that was. I just got home about an hour ago.

I hope everyone who's been sick is on the mend, or will be soon.
    Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day to everyone. :)

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Debbie - Oh what a wonderful birthday! Glad to hear it went well....XXXXyour pal/Susan/giverny4me...

• mellen
    18 years ago

My pal's box finally went out in the mail today. Mellen

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    I received a great package from Faint on Friday, but haven't have a chance to post. Faint please know I loved my goodies as always! First was the cutest St. Paddy's Day card with a letter inside! Everything themed "green".
    A pack of "Envy" Zinnia seeds. Green Hot Chocolate, a lil Lucky Clover Grow Kit, a huge notepad (green & white of course) with "d" on it, A pack Small dog treats for my Sassyone! A pack of plant T-Labels, And a "pot of gold" which is almost gone! lol A big can of honey roasted nuts!
    A Better Homes & Gardens book called Garden Decorations, oh this has some wonderful stuff in it! Great ideas! And a beautiful windchime which I just adore! Also one last gift that I'll leave between us! Thanks so much sweetie I just love everything and hope I haven't missed anything!

Lots of hugs & thank you so much!
    Diane

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Susan/giverny4me....Hi, did you recieve your package? It says on the usps site it was delivered on the 16th. Just want to make sure everythings ok.
    Julie

• atravers
    18 years ago

Susie,
    I'm surprised your other package hasn't arrived yet. Tomorrow it will be two weeks since I mailed it. I'm hoping it will be in tomorrow's mail. There are a couple things in the package that might help pass the time while you're recuperating.
    Keep me posted.
    Ann

• skohler
    18 years ago

Ann
    I got your package today it went to my neighbors
    ray brought it to me today love it all
    it was ripped open on 2 side so not sure if all was
    in it.
    but here is what arrived :))

personalized addressed lables lots of them :)))
    a big thank you for them .
    afghans to crochet in just a day book :)))
    mile -a- minute afghans book :)))
    love them but will take me a month to get one done :((
    I;m not fast like others :))
    a watercolor painting like picture of a daylily
    to frame .
    & some daylily reading information & a card of
    imspiration of best wishes .
    thank you much pal :))) for your kindness.
    I hope the mail carriers didnt loose anything out of it .

susie

• atravers
    18 years ago

Hi Susie.
    Yes I think everything made it despite the rough transit thank goodness. This will keep your hands and mind busy while resting up. I know you like day lilies and I thought of you when I saw the article. So glad it made it to you safely. Will attempt heavier packaging for April. Enjoy!
    Ann

• skohler
    18 years ago

so glad nothing dropped out I enjoyed the lily article's
    as for crocheting I plan to get some yarn this week.
    & maybe I might have a afagan by xmas for my xmas pal :))) thank you a bunch my friend .

susie

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Mellen how did you mail a pkg on sunday?

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Got a great package from Shannon today!! Thank you so much Shannon for everything, and I am so glad to hear you are okay. I don't have a lot of time right now, so I will post the list of things tomorrow. But just wanted to make sure you knew I got it, and to say thanks SO much! :)))

~Summer

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Happy First Day of Spring!

It was cool and cloudy here, and there is supposed to be rain on the way. No problem with that - we need rain!

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

It's spring! And it has been gloomy, cold, and rainy here for days. But THANK GOD for this rain, we desperately needed it to end this extremely high fire hazard we have been under. I am thankful for the rain, but now that I am almost better, I am looking forward to when it warms up, so I can get out and start working on my garden.

I am feeling a lot better by the way. I still sometimes start wheezing and/or coughing and need medication, but the fever is gone and for the most part I am better.

Okay, as for what Shannon sent.
    First out of the package was one of those spiral illusion spinners that you hang outside, and this one is the prettiest ones I have ever seen! It's different shades of green, (my fav. color,) mixed with glitter. Can't wait to hang it up and watch it spin! Then was the most beautiful little green and silver butterfly ornament, I just love it. Now I have to figure out where to hang it. Then a neat little green (noticing a green theme here? I love it!) plaque with purple roses around it, that says, "May all your weed be Wildflowers". THEN, a really neat, and I know this is shocking, a GREEN notebook with the cutest garden picture that says, "In the Garden". This will be great for me, I really needed an official garden journal. And this will be it! Then a really cute garden-themed notepad, and just when you thought that was all, lastly, a Dhali Lama's Book of Wisdom. And as always, a neat card. Thanks so much again Shannon, I just love all the green things! (Don't worry about me getting sick of green, lol.) And drop me an e-mail sometime and give me an update on how you are feeling.

Well hope everyone is having a good beginning to spring.

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Sandlapper,
    Hi, don't know if somethings wrong or not with Susan/giverny4me. USPS shows the package I sent to her was recieved on the 16th, but I haven't seen anything on here or heard from her thru the private email I sent. Just wanted to let you know I did send a package this month and really hope all is well with Susan.
    Julie

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

Hi everyone =)
    I am so sorry I haven't had a chance to post yet, I am starting to feel a bit better =)
    I'm glad your package arrived Summer, and that you like everything! I hope you're feeling all better soon =) I had pneumonia last year, just after Easter, no fun at all! I barely left our couch for about a week, except to go to the doctor, or if I absolutely had too!

I do have one question for Jeanne... who is sending to me now? Just a little confused =) but I am also blond, so it happens and I'm used to it ;) hehehe!

Oh, btw... there has been a "look-alike" out there, with a similar ID as mine, "gardeningwitch." She has started a swap, and I got one of her packages... just wanted to let ya all know, not me! lol!
    Shannon

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Julie, we'll keep watching for Susan. Hopefully she is just up to something fun. We've had enough illness here.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Shannon. Diane (Sassyd) will be sending to you now.

I'll have to take more pictures of the Spring flowers and post them. The pollen and I don't get along, but the flowers are just beautiful!

• daisy_me
    18 years ago

Oh, I envy those South of me right now! We got 3" of snow on the first/second day of Spring, and my poor daffodils are still smothered by it! We've never had snow this late so it was surprising. And to think I almost planted some cool-season veggies last weekend.....

Sandlapper--so glad you liked the package this month! You'll have to send me some of those cupcakes next year. :-)

Pastvast--I tried to e-mail you and it bounced back. Hope you are well.

-Kelli

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I received a wonderful pkg from Mellen today, a beautiful wolf door mat, I love it cozy wolf socks, an adorable magnet
    2 cute little pots in a sunflower holder, 2 pkgs of dahlia seeds an egg grow kit for tomatoes. I love it all especially the wolves. thankyou Mellen I love it{{gwi:1249134}}

• mellen
    18 years ago

Dear friend Carol, I am glad you liked the box that I sent. It has been so fun looking for items for you. It's so hard not to buy every wolf thing that I see! But I resist quite a bit of the time. Can't wait until plants start to grow so I can share some of them. Thanks for being a friend, Mary Ellen/Mellen

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hopefully everyone has mailed to her pal for the month of March. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will stay calm for the next few months.
    However... if anyone has not received something in March... or at least heard from your pal that it's in the mail, please let me know by the middle of next week. Sure hope we don't have to drop anyone.
    Just remember, ladies, that if you have a busy month and you don't feel like you can get a package out by the deadline, at least send a card, a note, or a postcard or something and then get the package out after that. You are only required to send SOMETHING so don't let the dates creep up on you.
    Have a good weekend!!!

• pastvast
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

It's been too long since I last checked this forum. I must confess, I've been a less than stellar pal. I've gotten Kelli's package out late (on the 21st) and I failed to say thanks to Carmen in a timely manner for the lovely package she sent to me.

My pals should know already via snail mail and email, so I'm ready to share my news with the rest of you:
    I'M PREGNANT!!
    I'm only 8-9 weeks along, so I've still got weeks left before I'm out of the miscarriage risk timeperiod. So please keep me in your prayers that I don't miscarry and end up having a healthy baby. As many of you are already moms, you probably know that the first trimester is NO FUN and that morning sickness is a lie... they should call it "all day sickness".

I'm hoping that in a month from now, I'm back to my energetic self and getting packages and responses out on time and not leaving my pals to wonder if I've fallen off the face of the earth! Please bear with me until then!!!

Thanks!!!
    -Stephanie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Congratulations, Stephanie! So nice to have some happy news and will certainly pray that your pregnancy goes well and you have a healthy baby. I also had morning sickness and there was something that worked pretty well years ago, but they took it off the market. I joke that when I was pregnant was the only time in my life when I was not hungry and I ate bland food when I ate - mashed potatoes or some other not very nutritious food. At least those prenatal vitamins keep you going.
    I hope the morning sickness gets better and keep us posted on how you are doing.

• PlantladyJan
    17 years ago

Oh my gosh Steph what wonderful news!! I am so happy for you!! You are in my prayers girlfriend!!
    I have been thinking about you and wondering if you were one whom dropped out! So happy to see your still here!! For those of you that don't know Steph was my pal last year! She is a real gem!! Such a sweetheart! Oh keep us posted ...I am just so happy! Thanks for making my day!!
    Congrats Steph! You will make a wonderful mother!!

Ok and for Beth my pal I have finally made it to the post office and mailed package #2 which I told you I would do!! Be careful when you pick it up!! I think you will be happy with the package as the longer I waited the more I kepted adding to the box!! The Post Master wanted to know what I was mailing...rocks? Well one never knows!! Sorry again for my delayed response.
    Just so Jeanne knows I did send a small package early in March and have been in touch with Beth by email. Beth has offered much needed support over the past couple of months! I couldn't and wouldn't forget my pal!! I have been blessed with a great pal to send too as well as receive from!! I thank my special pals!!
    I also enjoy the rest of the group both old and new!

• PlantladyJan
    17 years ago

Just wanted to be the first to wish out wonderful hostess a Happy Birthday!! It is coming up on the 29th of this month!! Sorry Jeanne as I told you I still need to learn how to do the graphics so no cake from me...come on gals help me out with a cake for our birthday gal!!
    Keep your eyes open for a special birthday gift! Since I couldn't do the cake here I sent you a little birthday surprise!! I am not telling what it is! Any guess? Nope still not telling!! LOL

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Here's the cake!
    Happy Birthday Jeanne!

I wish I knew how to design them on my own. I don't..but I do know how to copy and paste!

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Congratulations Stephanie! What exciting news.

Will keep you in my thoughts & prayers for a healthy, happy pregnancy.

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Kids--Well sorry Julie I did receive the package and I did post a thank you almost a week ago-------------but it was on the wrong thread ...DUH. OH my. Can't believe I did that. I have been taking care of an elderly neighbor pretty much all this past week. Losing my mind.... Will be right back with the details of the box!!! How embarrassing. geez.

• mellen
    17 years ago

Dear Stephanie, I am sooo THRILLED for you!!! I am certain that you will be a wonderful, loving, and patient mother. I will be praying that your morning sickness does not last much longer and that your baby is healthy. Be prepared for lots of questions over the next few months!!! Mellen--your last year's pal

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Re: Julie's package-here is what my friend sent me- some Andes mints, they were chopped up and put in green milk shakes which the family enjoyed, some San Francisco Soap Company green body lotion which I have enjoyed all this past week on my poor gardener's hands, some Bells of Ireland and Flowering Cabbage seeds, a shopping notepad with my name on it, and a neat butterfly nectar feeder complete with a supply of nectar, the butterflies will be loving it, I'm sure. Thanks so much Julie you are the best. Sorry again for the mix-up. p.s. The butterfly bush/nanho blue you sent in Jan has grown 6 inches and has buds on it!
    Congratulations to Stephanie and husband, a baby on the way is such wonderful news, I also will be praying the the morning sickness passes quickly for you. Welcome to Club Mum. :) XXXXSusan

• bojo96
    17 years ago

Susan, I understand about being busy and was just glad to hear you & your family are OK. What a wonderful person you are helping all your neighbors out the way you do, but remember to take some "Susan time".
    Glad you liked everything...and get one of those teenagers to take a pic of the Nanho for me! LOL
    Happy Early Birthday Jeanne!

CONGRATULATIONS STEPHANIE & DH
    Prayers for a healthy wonderful baby!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How nice to stop in and see that we are celebrating my birthday already!!! I have been telling people that I don't mind the party, but I am NOT turning older this year... those numbers are just getting too large. LOL
    I have been doing lots of digging up and moving plants. We have to get the siding replaced on our house and guess what's in the way? Arg! The contractor has told me that the workers will not be careful around the plants, so out came any small plants and the smaller or the shrubs. The others we are cutting back and tying in hopes that fewer branches will be broken this way. It was especially bad timing because the azeleas are just starting to bloom! I am taking some of the cut branches inside and putting them in vases so we can enjoy them a little. (I was tempted to tell the contractor to delay, but just knew if I did that he would get busy with someone else and there will be a long delay. I think you need to get them when you can...)
    Anyway, party on, Garden Circle ladies. I think we should have fun all week!

Jeanne

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Well Jeanne I hadn't forgotten your birthday, just didn't realize we were gonna party for a week, but hey, thats fine by me! Hope you have a great birthday week!

I emailed you and Shannon a couple of days ago, but haven't heard back from either of you, so i'm assuming they weren't received for some reason.

Shannon, your package is showing delivery on Monday, via UPS so heads up. I apologize for running late on you, been a sickly month for me! Hope you like!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, Garden Circle members (this year and last), I decided that we will "party" all week and it will be a garden party! I am going to start a new thread so it will be easier to access and then I will start another new one for April, getting back to our regular format. So from today - March 26 - through Fri., March 31, there will be trivia and riddles and questions posted on our site. Feel free to add to what I list. The first one to post the answer to any of the daily questions I ask will get a small surprise mailed to them from me (and I will let you know who wins for each day.) Also, even though this time it is MY garden party anyone in the group is welcome to have HER OWN garden party and play this game on the week of her birthday or any other time to liven up our conversations.
    Who has an April birthday? I like to list them when I start posting for each month.
    So, let the party begin!

{{gwi:1249136}}