Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I wanted That! # 11

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

Goodness I can't believe we are on #11!

:) Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: Angela's Compiled Want Lists for All WOW participants

Comments (152)

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

All, since everyone has shared their interesting stories of nature, I just wanted to share my two very favorite dragonfly photos. These were taken at Cypress Gardens, SC.

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Okay I'm guessing 8245 - Not quite sure why...but it sounds good lol :)

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hmmm...I say...9,617

I just LOVE the dragon fly pics!!

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Really cool pics. Fran, I am with you. I am soooooooo ready for warmer weather. Even just 50-55 degrees. And now all o the kids at school and mine are getting sick. Runny nose, chest cong. YUCK> Stomach flu and strep are big hits around here, too.

On a good note, the kids and I went and got our spring chicks. We only got the pullets (hens) today. Daughter got to pick out her own 3 for 4H so of course son wanted a couple of his own, too. And then we decided to try a couple of Araucanas. THey are supposed to ay blue and green shelled eggs. Should be fun at my house between my seeds, flower beds, 4H and the chickens. Summer has to be on its way.

Nichol

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

Gardenmom2,

They do lay different colored eggs! They come in blue, green, pink, and yellow. You never know just what color the chicken will lay, till they start laying. I used to have those chickens.

Kris

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

I am thinking of getting a couple more. I think the kids and the coworkers who we sell eggs too will get a kick out f it. We sell enough eggs to pay for the food for the hens, the meat birds we butcher and dog food. I am hoping to actually make a little more to help pay for some pots and things I want for the greenhouse. We sell cheaper than the free range/organic eggs at the store, but enough to cover them. (They eat a lot of garden stuff all summer and fall, too, FREE food.) I am hoping to grow enough extra to store some for part of the winter, too. If anyone finds the orange Hawaii marigolds, let me know where, b/c I want these for the "girls". ALthough, if you have not had fresh eggs, you would not believe the color difference in the eggs.

Thanks kristlindgren, I did not know about the pink and yellow tones. I want to get 1 rooster for the girls, too, and keep him tame so that we can try to hatch some eggs next spring. If anyone has any pointers on thatone, let me know. I have had hens 3 years running and never had 1 that wanted to sit. I know that if you just want eggs, that is a good thing, but I would like to get 1 to sit next spring.

Fran, I was glad I could help you with the list.

Nichol

• mcbdz
    15 years ago

Hey Nicole, To get them to sit you have to let the eggs collect in one nest first. They want sit until there is enough eggs to make a good size clutch. That will depend on that chicken but my last brooder started sitting on about 15 eggs. Then you'll need to mark thoughs egges so you can remove any others laid later. I had one hen that laid her eggs with the brooding hen every day and ended up with so many eggs that when they hatched they where smoothered. That was terrible and I make sure I remove eggs now. After she setts you can go ahead and remove some if it is too many also. You can also help out by placing fake eggs to get the number up faster.

Fran, may guess is: 6,633

Pattie-mcbdz

• conniesc
    15 years ago

I guess 6660

• kilngod
    15 years ago

I guess: 8444

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I found out about the chickens a while back and told the SO I wanted them he said NO, I said WHY NOT? He said because he was told you can't eat the eggs they taste funny.
    OK well even so IF they happen to be none edible I STILL WANT THE EGGS, they are colorful for pete's sake!

I want a piggy too, I miss my piggers. They were used to me feeding them and when I would go outside they would squeeeeeel while running to the front of the fence then they would stand there and grunt at me like they were saying "HEY WHAT'cha doing? HUMM??? What about us?" When I/We walked the fence line to make sure nothing was on the fence they would ran around the fence line with us...too CUTE, I miss me piggers YEAP I SURE do!

I miss my horse too, not so much after she BIT me, but going out every morning to talk to her was fun! He has promised to get me another one as soon as we can. When we let Ruby go he left one head stall and reins go with her. I was so mad I told him I was gonna just sell the saddle I am SOOOO glad I didn't!

ANYWHO, I will be updating the GAME list soon. Hmmm, it is time for SUPPER!

Gosh, where'd the time go!

I will update after supper if no one else beats me too it.
    Don't worry about doing the numbers in RED I will do it I can just CCP the list and fix it fast :)

• molanic
    15 years ago

My guess is 8137.

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

We have chickens. the Araucanas lay all color eggs. We have some that lay dark green, light green, dark blue, light blue, pink, yellow and speckled (still don't know which one is laying the speckled ones...)

They are loads of fun.

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

The fake egg idea does work.

As for not being able to eat them, that is wrong, so you can tell SO to SO (ship off). I can't think of any egg you can't eat.

I did the same thing with my chickens when I had them, made enough selling the eggs to pay for the feed into most of the winter. I am hoping to be able to fix the coop and build it bigger and get some more chickens this year, it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed going out each morning to let them out, and then in the afternoon to collect the eggs, and then in the evening I would feed them and put them back into the pen. I didn't have many bugs in my yard that year.
    I haven't had chickens for 2 years now, and I still have people stop by asking me for eggs.

Gunieas are good for eating bugs also, but it is really hard to keep them home, they like to wander. I have seen some wander a couple of miles from home. Then they are likely to get eaten by something bigger. I have also had peacockes, but they wander also. They really don't like to be in a coop, they like to nest in the trees at night. Now I do like ducks, but prefer the snowy calls they are a smaller duck with just a small quack. But ducks on the other hand are very messy, they will take a little puddle the size of your hand, and make it a lake in no time. I would let the rain water collect in many tubs and such and the ducks would actually go swimming in them. It was very funny to see a duck swim in a blue tote.

I could go on all day about animals. I do like them.

Kris

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK OW I KNOW I want the Araucanas! I told him when he told me that I thought the 'ole timers' who told him that was just 'pulling' his leg, but I didn't even KNOW the exsisted until we were talking about getting some more chickens last spring and I was looking them up and I saw them online and asked him what the heck those were and he told me. Some ppl at the end of the road has a couple and when I saw them in REAL live status I told him I STILL wanted them!
    My goodness people eat all kinds of eggs 'bout the only ones I know no one would eat is SNAKE eggs, YUCK not an appealing thought at all!

Connie, how are you doing? You feeling any better now?

Molanic, glad you put in a guess. You have been quiet wasn't sure if you had been checking in.

Wendy, I addressed you and the issues you are having SOMEWHERE else goodness only knows which thread LOL, nah it was the PP March thread ;).

Kris, I like hearing about what other folks are doing or have done.

Mark is SURE wish I could figure out how to get some of your eggs! Darn it...

OK GAME COUNT UPDATE!

01. ncgardengirl-Fran (wondering WHO is gonna win :D!)
    02. medontdo-Michele
    03. markcase1964-Mark - 7988
    04. lgslgs-Lynda - 7293
    05. misskimmie-Kim
    06. conniesc-Connie- 6660
    07. heatherbon-Heather
    08. dirtdiggin-Toni- 8245
    10. grolikecrazy-Chris
    11. douglasls-Lisa
    12. beverlysc-Bev
    13. aphroditelaughs-Ellie- 8,532
    14. sissifriss-Myriah
    15. chellflower-Chell
    16 No mailer or news from
    17. poisondartfrog-Alana - 7888
    18. grovespirit-Iris (had to drop BUT CAN STILL GUESS!!!)
    19. lindaruzicka-Linda- 9,617
    20. angelady-Angela

21. dimples31312-Dorothy - 9500
    22. strmywthr3-Barbi
    23. smokymist-Cheryl - 3367
    24. jas_il-Jasmine
    25. kristlindgren - 10,551
    26. ishareflowers-Lisa
    27. purpleacres-Tracy
    28. countrygirl_sc-Gail- 6243
    29. fleethart-Fleety
    30. hmacdona-Heather- 6600
    31. No package arrived
    32. lakedallasmary-Mary
    33. diana_lynn-Diana Lynn - 10,100
    34. smitties-Margo - 7652
    35. no package
    36. yotetrapper-Angela
    37. mcbdz-Pattie- 6,633
    38. graanieb-Bea- 842
    39. sassybutterfly_2008-Wendy - 8,642
    40. threeshyacres-Jodi
    41. blue_ivy-Tola
    42. ibartoo-Linda
    43. jaleeisa-Kathy
    44. molanic-Molanic- 8137
    45. rane_grow-Iris- 7,775
    46. gardenmom2-Nichol - 10,123
    47. southerncharm1-Kathy SC1
    48. kilngod-Tina- 8444
    49. luvgardening2-Nancy
    50. rbrady-Rhonda
    51. dessieb-Dessie
    52. Shanta_5-Shanta (email me your guess please!)

• beverlysc
    15 years ago

My guess...5005.
    Cool picture of the dragon fly..I live near Cypress Gardens and go there often. Bev.

• graanieb
    15 years ago

I tried posting today, had a busy day, partly due to you Bev, you're sure a gem ,just amazingly generous, have highest praises for you...where have you been all my GW years? :)
    Wendy-Sassy, hope your daughter feels good soon, high fever is always worrysome especially when kids have it.
    Gail-Country- nice close pic of dragonfly, can almost see his pupils x-raying the bugs, smile.
    Fran---nice of you to give me another chance, my new improved guess is 7842, it'll be fun seeing how much we came close, but my original is funniest, lol
    Having farm animals is lots of work, been there done that, but want to ask you, how do you make chicken coops coon and snake proof? What made us and recently my daughter's inlaws quit, finding snakes in the nest isn't fun. When coons got the most of the chickens - that was it. We buy eggs at times from nice folks nearby, they have lots and are keeping them all practically in their back yard while ours were a bit further. Guess we wanted to keep around 20 chickens and it wasn't enough for coons and us.

happy weekend all,
    Bea

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

I am glad I am not the only one who loves her chicks. Thanks for all of the info about getting them to set. That is prob. why they never did b/c the kids bring inthe eggs very day. Thanks so much. My daughter and now my son love them. We started with them two years ago and Emily fell in love. She will go out and hold them and talk to them and sing and sing. They are so tamed it is nuts. They follow her around like puppies even when they are old hens and laying. She can feed them out of her hand,too. So now m son is doing his best at it, as he is not scared of them this year. (6 years old.)

Nichol

How are you Miss Fran? When do they come about your cable?? Hope they can run a line for you. Hope you are having fun in seed heaven. Off to finish reading Breaking Dawn the last book in the Twilight series.

• jas_il
    15 years ago

My guess is 7200

• kristlindgren
    15 years ago

As for the snakes, I really don't have a clue. Usually chickens kill snakes, because they just hate them. As for the coons, when you build your coop, you need to bury the chicken wire down about 6-12 inches. That should help with that and be sure to lock them up at night.

Where I live we only have the plain garden snakes you know the black and yellow striped ones that are not poison. I just don't like snakes. If you want to see a funny site, watch me when I see a snake, I will fly in the air about 6 feet. I have a starting heart garden that has all daylilies and iris, I seen a snake in it one day and would not weed it for about 3 weeks because I was afraid of seeing a snake agian. Luckily, I have a mini wiener dog that hates snakes as much as I do, and will get rid of them for me.

Kris

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We were never bothered with either coons or snakes really, when we had chickens before. The SO saw one snake out there one time and that was all. I think we were far enough off the woodline they just didn't venture that far.

As for as where we WILL be moving too that is a WHOLE nother world over there. The Coop will almost be IN then woods our solution to coons then is our German Shepard I am sure she will keep them ran off. I hope so anyway and plus the pastor will kind of be part of that area too so not sure what might actually try to sneak in there then.

Bea you were right that your first guess was hilarious hehe. You're just way too funny! hehe.

Nichol I have NO IDEA about the cable yet the surverier for cable went out Friday, haven't heard anything ELSE. Still haven't figured out what we will be doing about the power. I am about ready to go back to no power like in the olden days. YEAH RIGHT! I am a modern girl. I guess if I HAD to I could. Just not a choice I would make when power IS available....I STILL wish I had a way to generate my own power. I would for sure do it!

OK, well trying to get a few things in order. Better get back to it all.

NOTE TO SELF: add Shanti's guess of 9600 to the list

• dessieb
    15 years ago

Wow, I miss so much when I don't get on here for a few days.

Fran - Just do the best you can. Everything you have done for all of us is very much appreciated. Believe it. Thanks for the extra effort of sorting out everything. I know how those really bad days can go. Every now and then a girl just has to vent. :)

Ok, let me see, my guess is......4,837

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

Neat I stop by to check in and have a game to play. I have been pretty busy making my soap and having too much durn fun doing it.

I have chicken aracondas and some crosses that I have produced. What is totally neat is a bantem araconda cross will still produce a pretty colored egg. The egg is just smaller.

My guess is 6417

Purpleacres #27

Hubby says its closer to 4517

we were married on the 17th :-)

• blue_ivy
    15 years ago

Wow, you guys are so hard to keep up with!

Mark and Alana - thanks for the info on tarragon!

My guess... 8112.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK GAME COUNT UPDATE!

02. medontdo-Michele
    04. lgslgs-Lynda - 7293
    05. misskimmie-Kim
    07. heatherbon-Heather
    10. grolikecrazy-Chris
    11. douglasls-Lisa
    12. beverlysc-Bev
    14. sissifriss-Myriah
    15. chellflower-Chell
    18. grovespirit-Iris (had to drop BUT CAN STILL GUESS!!!)
    20. angelady-Angela
    22. strmywthr3-Barbi
    24. jas_il-Jasmine 7200
    26. ishareflowers-Lisa
    27. purpleacres-Tracy 6417
    29. fleethart-Fleety
    31. No package arrived
    32. lakedallasmary-Mary
    35. no package
    36. yotetrapper-Angela
    37. mcbdz-Pattie- 6,633
    38. graanieb-Bea- 7842
    40. threeshyacres-Jodi
    41. blue_ivy-Tola 8112
    42. ibartoo-Linda
    43. jaleeisa-Kathy
    48. kilngod-Tina- 8444
    49. luvgardening2-Nancy
    50. rbrady-Rhonda
    51. dessieb-Dessie 4,837
    52. Shanta_5-Shanta 9500

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Aloha folks, my guess for the 'how many packets' game is 7,134.

18. grovespirit-Iris

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Good mornin",

I'd like to guess in the game.My guess is 8,296 seed packets.

Lisa

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Fran, after posting my guess was funniest---made me laugh thinking...It's RIDICULOUS!!! LOL
    Got to grab laughs at times, get mind off anything negative, push it aside , anyway, just saw a clip of a family/group that laughs too much, truly ridiculous, as my dad would say--all in moderation. Btw, I've read comics almost daily for years, not a bad thing to be persistent about, like the Garden Web.
    Hope you get the power without much trouble and wait, reserve your energy most of all, you and others have good luck with chickens too. I thought dogs keep coons away , if they're close enough, daughter's in-laws have 4 dogs keeping coons and other critters away but not the snakes, those suckers are egg suckers. When we quit was when daughter found snake wanting to get eggs before she did!
    I thought cages need to be well enclosed too, Kris, good idea on digging deep and putting in wire, we talked about getting wire over the top too, coons can climb!! We had an occasional snake, non poisonous, but like you we hate to see any kind, not going to hunt them out there and they shouldn't be coming into our territory either, lol I hose them away if I have a chance, dont have to be poisonous, they are unwelcome, oh well, they come after mice that must exist around bird feeders, all sorts of good stuff here too...and anyway we got a reference book we think should be must for everyone:

AUDUBON SOCIETY field Guide of the
    Southeastern States (or states applying to you)

Learn about snakes, mushrooms, spiders, plants etc.

Oh, btw, Fran, may I suggest a little fun twist on the game, what I've started here (kind of like Price is Right minus the clock) we try to guess the #/price, in this case, if you'd let us know the Winner and not the exact #, we can take turns guessing?
    I'd send seeds/ email healthy recipes to 2nd winner, dried.

hope you and all have a good sunday.

Bea

• lgslgs
    15 years ago

I just read in the Yvonne's salvia Yahoo group that Yvonne passed away at age 94.

I hope anyone who'd receiving Yvonne's salvia through this round robin takes good care of the seed and plants them in her memory this Spring.

I'll be planting the seed I have on hand and joining many other garden webbers in honoring her life by preserving her lovely salvia in my garden and sharing it with other gardeners.

Lynda

• chellflower
    15 years ago

We raised our own chickens when I was about 12 yrs old. We kids enjoyed playing with the baby chicks and even had a few that we named and made pets of (those never were eaten either!)...but once the others grew up they became supper! About every other week appx. a dozen chickens were slaughtered and us kids were given the honorary privelege of 'cleaning' them (yuck!) ...I never cold get use to the smell of wet feathers when plucking! But I did enjoy the fresh chicken dinners! ...and the eggs! (and Peking goose makes a great Christmas dinner!), LOL

My guess is 7,925

Chell

• countrygirlsc, Upstate SC
    15 years ago

Yes, I am part of the Yvonne's salvia Yahoo group. I received some seed from Emily not long ago because my saved seeds got wet and ruined. So sent some to various members of this group who requested it. I will have it in my yard and will think of Yvonne when I look and enjoy it. I would have liked to have met her....

• aphroditelaughs
    15 years ago

There is something so satisfying about cooking and eating a chicken you raised, slaughtered and cleaned yourself. It is a very authentic way of eating, and makes you appreciate the life of the chicken and what goes into your food more than store bought meat does. My mother in law has chickens, mostly for eggs, and I interned on a farm in college where we raised egg and meat chickens. After the "harvest", I took three home. I made the best chicken soup I've ever had!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I never knew the story about Yvonne until I was told about her yesterday. I have gotten seeds for that in the past and didn't KNOW what it was so I always passed it on to someone else. I am SURE I have it from this swap BUT IF NOT I will be asking for some from someone.

OK here is were we are on the EXTRAS situation. There are so many of the same things you either HAVE IT and sent it in OR REQUESTED IT and NOW HAVE IT.
    There have been a few people who didnt get a lot and I will check their list to see if they want any and didn't get it BUT I am SURE they did because ALL of you have been really good at gifting to others and I thank you all for that.
    There are is one or two people who have said they do newbie offers the a LOT will go to them they will be able to make up at least 10 NICE newbie packs with what is left.

I also have to make up the prize pack with the extras as well for 3 people THAT will take care of the extras.

OK I want to point out something to you again. IF someone told you they would give you something and they FORGOT to mark it OR missed it that I said you will NEED to MARK IT and you already had this in your bag it DID NOT GO IN, it went in with all the other extras!
    You can NOT fault them if you didn't get it, remember I already SAID 2 copies at most is all you are getting. Some have more (Lynda lol)
    Again some didn't get as much as others, though I am not QUITE finished sorting/packing I can see from what I have wrote down that some have less. The extras that are left I am sure you wouldn't want more of because if you had it on your list you already have at least one copy.

I will update the guess totals after I fix supper. I just wanted to post the information about the extras.

I also have some bad news, the last offer Bea had is a bust. She had collected some of the seeds still green(?) they were not dry. When she put them in the mailer with the others she had offered all of them soaked up the moisture on the way here. She had included a recipe for me and it was so wet I thought something had leaked on the box. BUT THEN I noticed she had written let dry. Well, she forgot to tell me to open it as soon as I got it AND there was a mishap with my mail the day it did come so it couldn't have gotten opened upon arrival. AT ANY RATE the sunshine tree and whatever else it was will not be coming to you. They had were in bad shape, they didn't smell to pleasant when I opened the package. After I realized some where not dry I figured out that is what to smell was.
    I emailed Bea to tell her so she knows they didn't fair well
    which was the reason she said this above: "I'd send seeds/ email healthy recipes to 2nd winner, dried." She said next time she will not offer anything until it is completely dry. I have had that happen to me before I thought the pod was dry enough to send and it was nasty by the time it got there so it happens sometimes.
    At any rate IF you were one of the ones who was in that last offer of Bea's they will not be included. Just wanted you all to know this offer had to be cancelled! Bea and I both learned our lessons about not completely dried seeds lol. Hey we both were in a hurry to get the seeds to where they were supposed to be going! Need to learn to slow down I guess. :)

Ok, off to cook supper!!!!

• sissifriss
    15 years ago

I will guess 5499.

• diana_lynn
    15 years ago

Saw a lot of comments about people wishing it was spring. Well guess what I did today? Got out there in the beautiful snow and shovelled a truck-bed full of aged manure; chatted with the guy who gave me the manure about his three roosters and umpteen chickens (all of them gorgeous!); went to the horse rescue farm and took pictures of the babies they just got; unloaded the manure at home; drove to my other house and put a bit of manure over there; and did some garden clean-up over there that just never got done last fall. When I got home, another neighbor had left me some winter-sowing containers. And that's just today! (Yesterday we picked up used composter--I needed a small companion for my mega-sized one that takes forever to compost!) I say--"Spring is a state of mind." As long as the temperature isn't freezing and I'm working outside, it's spring! Right? Felt SOO good! And now I'm beat.

Diana Lynn

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

My guess is 7549.

Cheryl, I'll get an email to you this week. I'm having a bad couple of days after all the poking and prodding last week. It's hard to sit for very long. But I *will* get that email to you this week.

Kathy

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

Graanie you would not like my house lol... we love reptiles..have two reptile rooms, do reptile rescue and have over 30 snakes and other reptiles IN my house. My son works in the reptile department at the zoo, and when we go camping in the summer, it is specifically to field herp and find different species of reptiles to photograph and catalog.

I am also a member of Yvonne's group and was very sad to hear of her passing away. Bless her for touching the hearts of so many people.

Kathy, I am absolutely no hurry..it's not like I don't already have 200 packs of seeds sitting here wanting to be sowed . Just take care of yourself and whenever you get around to me is fine.

I've felt like I was coming down with something all weekend..would just like a week of getting to stay home and do nothing but lay around and maybe sow seeds..think that will ever happen ? NOT !

• blue_ivy
    15 years ago

Wow Smokymist, that sounds like a great hobby - but probably time consuming? If you get a chance, I bet I would not be the only one who would love to see a photo of a reptile room! You don't have anything poisonous, do you?

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK everyone, I just want to let you know we have SNOW falling and the powerlines don't like the snow and the wind that is with this 'storm'! The power has already blinked off and on once and it is flickering some now, just not completely off.

If we lose power I don't know how long it will be off, BUT if you don't hear from me for a couple of days then this is apparently what happened. The power went out and the power company will get to us whenever they can!

Ya'll all think good thoughts and HOPE that we don't go on a blackout!

Ok, gonna close this now before we have another power cliche and I loss what I have typed again!

(if the power stays on long enough I will post the updated numbers for the game again)

• SmokyMist
    15 years ago

My son takes care of all the reptiles. My daughter does animal rescue for small creatures such as rabbits. We're listed on the local human society's website for such rescues for the 'connection'.
    I have a picture somewhere..but you wouldn't be seeing any reptiles in it...they are kept in tubs on racks...oh a few are in aquariums, but snakes don't need a large space ( that's mainly for show).
    Nothing venemous...wouldn't allow that, although he works around that all the time .

• medontdo
    15 years ago

My guess is 7543 if no one has guessed it.

Fran, when my aunt was younger, she has this horse, scamper, just an onery thing!! well it used to nip her and stuff, so aunti told scamper, the next time you bite me, where ever it is, that's where i'm going to bite you!!! well, ya'll know what's coming next!! sure enuff!! aunti dropped something or had to bend over anyhow, and scamper bit her on the butt. **laughng** so anyhow she didn't think that was so funny even though that dang hors was winni ing. so she bit her on the ear. ya know, i dont think she bit her again after that. LOL

we had a dog once that was teething, and i knew that if you bit them back it helped them to stop biting, well talla was also teething and biting. she bit sasha, and sasha bit her, i had been biting sasha on the ear, well when talla bit sasha, sasha bit talla on the ear. it was halarious!!!

I absolutely LOVE the pics of them dragonflies!! how in the world did you get so close??? i would love to get that close of a pic!!! Hugz ~~Medo

i want a farm, pigs, a few cows, a few goats, a few rabbits, and many chickens!! LOL and i can't forget the mean peacock! and a few sheep!! all mostly for meat!! **grinn**

• graanieb
    15 years ago

My new guess is 7822 ...since Fran has 20 less to count, laugh.
    Seriously now Fran, oh I forgot to put lol after typing "dried" ---good thing I sent most of the seeds before those, bummer for the loss and inconvenience to you, but again, it's all trivial and we've learned.
    I'm thinking about you, Bev too-with the bad weather problems, hope it's all okay soon, you all take care, hope power stays on.
    Smoky--smile, if those snakes see me they'd curl up and hide! Yeah, right! Silent lol 'cause daughter went to sleep. Really now, as long as they don't bother me, when they know their place and are taken care of by their owners, same as other creatures, I don't mind YOU having them,smile, I can tell you ---they love an row egg on occasion.
    I'd love to have goats, donkey, swans, etc especially baby goats, lots of fun.
    Now off to count sheep.

take care until we type again,
    Bea

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Hi Fran,

thanks for the snow.... This is a rare time for you down there in Shelby... And you shared with us! I woke up with 8 inches this morning, after the freezing rain and sleet.

We lost power during the night, but i am worried about this afternoon. Winds are supposed to pick up an the snow not melt much. Might blow down some trees.

Mark

• blue_ivy
    15 years ago

We just moved into this old house, converted from a log cabin, and the landlord says that at some time during the year, small snakes come into the living room through the cracks at the base level. That should be interesting.

I am not from a farming family, but I have always wanted a pet goat. Maybe I would make cheese, if I can find a lazier way to do it than the labor-intensive way I have tried before.

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    15 years ago

Hi everyone ! Hope everyone made it thru the snow storm ... we got about 9 inches here, no work so it was a SNOW DAY !! We shoveled snow, fed the birds , made a snowman , took lots of snow pics, thought about having a snowball fight ... lol ... came inside to defrost our fingers and toes and ate homemade chicken noodle soup ;-) and now I am surfing GW ( reading up on wintersowing )... all in all ... a great day !

~Iris

• lgslgs
    15 years ago

In s 25 minute drive today I saw 40-50 southbound power company trucks (almost all bucket trucks and a couple of pick-up type trucks) headed though Southeast Ohio to points south. It was really quite impressive.

If Fran's power's out I hope they are on the way to her place. :)

Lynda

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    15 years ago

Hi Lynda , we got lucky, our power went off for about 15 minutes in the middle of the night ... several limbs are down in the yard but thats it ... We were prepared with lots of candles, firewood and kerosene ... its fun being snowed in with the power on ;-) I bought a new accordian style pocket folder contraption to organize my seeds better, surfing GW and playing with my seeds and planning my garden for the hundredth time ... but back to work tomorrow ... sigh ...

Fran, hope you have power !

~Iris

• graanieb
    15 years ago

Hoping all is okay there, Fran gets the power back, Bev has been thru the storm that left her place flooded, looks like she will be drying up for a few days, had seeds she planted wash out, plants ruined, hopefully clothes dryer and other things will be ok. Waiting to hear from her, if she needs anything, sure hope she lets us know, she's trully unselfish and generous to the max, have I told you about her sending me plants, large Asiatic lilies etc? She wants to see people smiling, how special she is. Makes us want to do more for her even if she should refuse.
    Have to start supper, rushing now, more soon.

hugs
    GB Bea

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok Folks, WE DID lose power BUT thankfully it is on for the minute I am HOPING for good this time.
    I am going to post the numbers list for everyone, and YES BEV you WERE RIGHT I had FIXED yours to put your number on it and then MISSED ADDING THE NUMBER SORRY!!! LOL, just a little whine gets you what you want most of the time HAR HAR HARDY HAR HAR!!! (but really, I THOUGHT I had I so sorry ma'am)
    Since we had no power today guess what we DID, yeap, MOVED some stuff! That house's driveway was a nightmare. Water pools EVERYWHERE in the front of the house. The SO found one pool right in the walk way well Fran FORGOT he said it was a POOL (NOT A PUDDLE EITHER!) and Fran's dingbat self steps RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT! Thankfully I jumped out of it fast enough my whole shoe didn't fill up!
    THEN WE GOT STUCK in the dang DRIVEWAY! What an adventure this moving job is! (yes, I have to remind myself at the moment everything is an adventure and NOT a nightmare!)

Mark you sho' is welcome fer that thar snow! yes sir'ee! I jest hads to shiar with!

OK FOLKS I will post the GAME TOTALS THIS LAST TIME if NO ONE ELSE GUESSES I WIL CLOSE THE GAME TONIGHT AT 10:00 EST!

I meant to post last night I was closing it today but with the power being iffy and it had already blinked off while typing one message I just tried to post as fast as I could about maybe losing power so u knew if I didn't post what happened.

OK HERE THEY ARE!!!
    GAME COUNT UPDATE!

02. medontdo-Michele 7543
    04. lgslgs-Lynda - 7293
    05. misskimmie-Kim
    07. heatherbon-Heather
    10. grolikecrazy-Chris
    11. douglasls-Lisa
    12. beverlysc-Bev 5005
    14. sissifriss-Myriah 5499
    15. chellflower-Chell 7,925
    18. grovespirit-Iris 7,134 (had to drop BUT CAN STILL GUESS!!!)
    20. angelady-Angela
    22. strmywthr3-Barbi
    24. jas_il-Jasmine 7200
    26. ishareflowers-Lisa 8,296
    27. purpleacres-Tracy 6417
    29. fleethart-Fleety
    31. No package arrived
    32. lakedallasmary-Mary
    35. no package
    36. yotetrapper-Angela
    37. mcbdz-Pattie- 6,633
    38. graanieb-Bea- 7822
    40. threeshyacres-Jodi
    41. blue_ivy-Tola 8112
    42. ibartoo-Linda
    43. jaleeisa-Kathy 7549
    48. kilngod-Tina- 8444
    49. luvgardening2-Nancy
    50. rbrady-Rhonda
    51. dessieb-Dessie 4,837
    52. Shanta_5-Shanta 9506

Ok THE GAME WILL CLOSE AT 10:00 EST! TONGHT!!!

LAST CALL FOR A GUESS.....

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ya know grannie, if she does need anything, i'm sure, GOD will flow it her way. :') i agree, she is one of the most generous people i know!! i can't believe how much time she spends helping others, with the schools and stuff. i only wish that i could drive so i could! **smile** ok, now we are waiting for it to warm up tomarow. and then we will get some dirt somewhere and fill the beds, make somemore, fill them, and then,
    ARE YA READY??? fill them with seeds!!! WOO HOOO!!! i am soooooo ready for that!! :') Hugz ~Medo

• misskimmie
    15 years ago

Hey, usually when I check in a game is already over. Ok, I need a number...hmm...ok, 6,524. (We're a family of six and anniversary is 5/24).

I really wish I had chickens, but they are not allowed in the village.

kim #5