Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susandonb

NEW: Squash Swap

susandonb
17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

This is replacing the Winter Squash posting.

This will be an exchange for any variety from the squash family. Winter, Summer, Pumpkins.

Mailing out by March 15th. I will send instructions when we close sign-ups via email to each participant.

Any questions please email me.

Any tips from senior hosts also please email me.

Thanks,

Susan

Comments (57)

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I posted in the Squash, Pumpkin and Gourd Forum, thanks for the tip Remy.

Yes, this will be a small swap, minimum of 3 seeds each variety max 8 seeds each variety. You can send as many varieties as you want. Seeds will come to me and I will send out to swapees.
    As folks join I will email you with my address as I do not want to post it publically here.

Thanks,
    Susie Squash :)

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dear Squash Lovers
    Guidelines:

Deadline for mailing to me will be March 15th, all seed packets need to be sent (postmarked)by this time. You can send as many varieites as you like, only 2 duplicates of one variety and a minimum of 3 seeds maximum 8 seeds of each variety. Swap can include any and all squash and pumpkins.

Please include:
    * Return postage -same or more than it took you to mail (Minimum .63)
    * Address Label for your return package
    * Your Garden web name
    * List of what you sent and also wish list.

I will return seeds by April 1st.

Any questions please email me when I email my address to you.

Thank you for joining the swap,
    Susan in NC

• lindamarie
    17 years ago

Please LMK how many participants you have. I can send a pkt of 10 seeds of Ukranian Sweet Potato Squash for everyone. This can be baked like sweet potatoes or pumpkin. I am sure it will be everyone's new favorite.

Here is a link that might be useful: exchange link

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the offer. I know I for one, would love to try your seeds, WOW! A sweet potato squash talk about versatility. I grow sweet potatos and love them cause I can freeze them. I also freeze my butternut meat and use it all year. They both freeze great. I have the most awesome recipe for sweet potato rolls that I make in my bread machine. They are the softest lightest yummiest rolls I have ever eaten. And they are a gorgeous orange color.
    So glad you are joining our swap.
    Susan

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I guess I didn't make a sign up deadline. Well, there wasnt really one. As long as everyone can have their seeds to me by March 15th because I want to sort and mail back by March 20th. For most of us squashes can't be planted till May or June but there are those in zones 8-11 that can plant earlier so I want to have a quick turn around on getting these out. Please mail to me by March 12th to allow for the mail.

Thank you,
    Susan

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Susan, I'd love to have the bread machine recipe for Sweet Potato rolls. That sounds good and I love sweet potato rolls.
    Want to print it and send it back with the seeds?
    Beth B

• boballi
    17 years ago

I'm with Beth B; I'd love to get a copy of the Sweet Potato roll receipe along with Ukranian Sweet Potato Squash seeds!

boballi

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

I'd love the recipe too. I love bread!

Barbi

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Great idea, I will send everyone a copy of the rolls with the squash seeds. Hey! I know why don't everyone who joins send one favorite recipe with your seeds! Then I wil make copies of them all and everyone will get a bunch of recipes with their seeds. If you send summer squash seeds then send a recipe for that if pumpkin seeds, a pumpkin recipe, etc.

This will be great!

Susan

• boballi
    17 years ago

My envelope is in the mail.

boballi

• pajohnso
    17 years ago

Mine will be in the mail tonight, I need to find a good recipe to go along with them. ~~Paula

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Last Call for signups for this swap will be March 1st. If you want to join please sign up here and get your seeds and one favorite squash recipe in the mail to me by March 12th.

Thank you,
    Susan

• fabraholic216
    17 years ago

Okay - This sounds like too much fun! I'll sign up as well. I'd love some different squash varieties! I have a great summer squash casserole recipe as well. Maybe when you get a final count on March 1 you can tell us how many copies of our recipes to send. Thanks!
    Stephanie

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Friends and Squash Lovers,
    Sherri, I got your seeds today but did not see a recipe with them? Did you want to send me one? I may have added that idea after I sent you my address. We were all going to include one favorite squash recipe and I am going to make copies to send to all swappers.

Anyone who has not gotten an email from me with my address, please email me.

Thanks,
    Susan

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Stephanie,
    Just send your seed and one copie of your recipe to me and I will make copies.

Thanks,
    Susan

• purpleacres
    17 years ago

Howdee

Im totally in but need addy.

PurpleAcres

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Susan I mailed the seeds but forgot the recipe. I have one from last Thanksgiving that we all liked. i'll mail it Monday
    Beth B

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Great Beth, I'll be watching for it.

Don't forget your recipes everybody or I will have to give you all a bunch of mine, that would be a real boring swap for me! :) I love getting recipes from friends.

Susan

• fabraholic216
    17 years ago

Thanks for letting me know about copies. I also need your address so I can mail my swap. Thanks! : )
    Stephanie

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

I would love to join.

Please let me know where to send my seeds.

Jennifer

• northernmich
    17 years ago

Please send fresh baked bread...keep the recipe :)

okay okay, I'm in and I will play fair.

Earl

send address by e-mail

• tony_pman
    17 years ago

I would like to get in the trade. Send me your address. Is the swap 3 different type seeds of 8 seeds each? Plus recipe.

Tony

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have gotten a couple of mailings and the seeds are great. Keep them coming everyone.

Susan

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just a reminder to those who have signed up for the Squash swap, please get your seeds off to me asap, tomorrow is March 1!

Thanks,
    Susan

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I have received from
    Tony-AL
    Barbara-OH
    Beth-MD
    Sherri-CA

Thanks and please keep the seeds coming.
    Thanks,
    Susan

• purpleacres
    17 years ago

Howdee

Wow.. you should have mine I sent it like Monday

Purpleacres

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

Seeds are in the mail.

Thank you for letting me join in!

Jenn

• bagins
    17 years ago

is there enough room for someone with 40 different varieties. i'm still looking for more. bagins

• northernmich
    17 years ago

Susan:
    I haven't received an address yet :(

Earl

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Earl,
    I emailed you last week and again just now, please let me know if you dont get it.

Thanks,
    Susan

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Bagins,
    Absolutely! I know I would love some of your seeds. I will email you my addie.
    Thanks and Welcome,
    Susan

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

Are you still taking participants?...I always need more squash seeds to try looking for heirlooms,mostly..:-)Do we send in a want/wish list? I think I have a few receipes..:-)
    Thanks,Jody

• northernmich
    17 years ago

My package left today-all open pollinated.

Earl-MI

Thanks for hosting! Should be there by Wednesday.

• clay_lady
    17 years ago

Is it too late to get in the swap.. I have jaradale heirloom pumpkins. clay_lady

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It is not too late to join this swap, as long as I receive by March 15th.
    So all seeds should probably be mailed out to me by March 10th to be sure I get them.

Keep em coming.

Thanks,
    Susan

• astilbebstillz6a
    17 years ago

Hi Susan,
    Mine are on their way! Thanks so much for hosting!...Marylee

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have quite a stash of seeds here. I am received from;
    Earl
    Barbara
    Tony
    Beth
    Sherri
    Tracy
    Stephanie
    Paula

According to my count we had 12 or 13 sign up so we are doing real well with mailings. I will start organizing next week and getting recipes copied. If you didn't send me a recipe, please try and email me one of your favorites or I will get some together from my vast collection. Everyone will get a nice recipe collection in return.

Thanks, this has been fun. Maybe I'll start new veggie soon.
    Thanks,
    Susan

• clay_lady
    17 years ago

Seeds are on the way. thanks clay_lady

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Last Call for squash seeds. Anyone who hasnt mailed out yet please do and let me know they are coming I am going to start organizing them all this weekend, after I get my potatos in the garden and clean out my rose beds. and plant some flower seeds, and clean my house, and have company for dinner both Sat & Sun.

I am tired I have to go back to bed.

:)
    Susan

• northernmich
    17 years ago

Susan,

You forgot to give directions to your house :)

Seriously, thanks for hosting the swap...at least you are outside. I have some snow and a lot of mud.

Earl in Michigan

• patrob
    17 years ago

Susan, mine are on the way! I hope they arrive by Saturday. Thanks, Patricia

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I got seeds this week from Paula, Lynn and Jody. We are getting some great squashes! Most I have never heard of.

Looking forward to getting these back to all of you.

Thank you,
    Susan

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

Susan,

Did you receive my seeds yet?

Jenn

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Jenn,

I don't think so but I may have and just forgot, I have been putting them all in one place still in the envelopes they came in so as not to mix them up. I havn't started distributing yet, hope to get to it sometime this week. I will let you know if I already have them.

Susan

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I received seeds today from Patricia and Jenn.

I think that is everyone, so I am closing this swap now. I am going to work on dividing this week and I am trying to make something special for everyone to send back with your seeds. I still plan on mailing out before or on April 1st.

Thanks to all of you who sent seeds to share. I will post more later this week.

Susan

• astilbebstillz6a
    17 years ago

Hi Susan,
    Have you received my seeds yet? I didn't see my name posted. I sent them out on the 9th. Just wondering...
    Thanks...Marylee

• nature_farmer
    17 years ago

Hi Susan..Have you had time to start divying them up yet?Thanks,Jody

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Not yet Jody, gonna work on it this weekend. I had originally posted April 1st as the mailing out date to get them back to everyone. I hope to get them out before then but it may be close to April 1st.

Thanks for your patience,
    Susan

• jenntongrows
    17 years ago

Susan

You are so great. Thank you for hosting this swap

Jenn

• susandonb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

WOW, Thank you Jenn. I wish I could get it together faster but I am trying to make everyone a surprise to send back witht he seeds and my computer is not cooperating. That is why I asked for grace till April 1st, that gives me another week to get it together. With or without the surprise I promise they will go out by April 1st.

Thanks all,
    Susan