Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
opie12

Melon and Cucumber Swap

opie12
15 years ago

Was thinking about hosting a Melon and Cucumber swap.....how many would be interested? If there is enough interest I will post further info, if not....maybe next time :-)

Comments (12)

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

I would do it.

Andrea

• plsell
    15 years ago

I would do it too.

Pat

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I would love that too. Chris

• opie12
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, that would be 3 so far......I'm actually looking for at least 10 to get this thing started. For those who may be lurking and wanting more info before deciding if they wanna do it, here is what I am looking at...
    - Seeds must be sent in a bubble mailer
    - 50 pack per person max, no more than 3 copies of the same seed...You may send bonus seeds, just please seperate them and mark them as bonus
    - No side trades
    - Please label all seed packs.....to be counted as a trade packs should have a minimum of 10 seeds
    - Send address label and return postage (at least as much as it took to get the package to me, maybe a touch more for extras :-)
    _ Include a list of all the seeds you are sending, along with your address and GW name
    - If you have requests please send them and I will do my best to fill them, depending upon what is sent in
    - Packages need to be to me by March 6, and will leave my house back to you by March 16.

Ok, that is what I can think of now, so to all you lurkers, hope that will help you out :-)

We are looking for 10 people to call this swap a go!

Melissa

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

I'm interested too!

Andrea

• opie12
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alright, that makes four. Hope we can get some more :-)

• opie12
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hum.....anyone out there looking? Would sure like to be able to have this swap.......

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

Would love to, but melons just don't grow here unless they are short season varieties. And I mean REALLY short season. Gotta make little green houses for them and so forth, even with the short season varieties. They simply need heat that we don't have. I have a batch of melon and cuke seeds, but would have to ask for only short season varieties back. I'd be in if that could be done.

• opie12
    Original Author
    15 years ago

If you need only short season varities, then I could make a point to only send you those :-) How many days? I know that I have several varities in and on order that are between 70-85 days.....is that the range you will need?

• opie12
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, I have a few local friends, and a few outta town who said they had a good variety of melon and cuke seeds and were interested in getting involved, so we will call this a go and later tonight I will post a proper swap thread for this one. I will also e-mail y'all tonight or tomorrow :-)

• bigoledude
    15 years ago

I've never participated in one of these so, tell me what I must do.

Some of my cucumber seeds are hybrids. OK?

Will I be sending all of my seeds to one person or to each individual who seeks them?

Ray

• opie12
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have posted a proper swap thread.

bigoledude, sending you an e-mail :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: NEW: Melon and Cucumber Swap