Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: 9400 posts! traveling daylilies

Posted by brittneysgran z6NC (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 5, 07 at 19:32

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one or more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Wow it's time for a new one.

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: 9400 posts! traveling daylilies

Wow! Somebody sure made my birdie happy today...

Thank you Sharon! What a wonderful "For the Birds" swap box. I didn't get a chance to open it until late last night and boy did we have fun.

Sharon sent that wonderful bird toy that my Mac snatched up right away along with...
* a pineapple mineral block that I gave to my African Grey. They need extra calcium so it's perfect for him.
* a sunflower basket bird feeder...this is really cool and I don't have one like it. I think i'll take this over to the new house & hang it.
* a squirrel Kob Bungee w/ 2 squirrel logs. This is going over to the new house too.....what fun we'll have watching the squirrels do acrobatics. : )
* apple dough suet
* homemade suet made by none other than Sharon herself. I got a heart shape and smiley faces. : ) I LOVE homemade suet and will put this outside today. I've made my own for many years and the birds really appreciate it especially in this frigid weather. Sharon...they smell sooooo good. Looks like a wonderful recipe.
* a Dove bar...mine, mine, all mine
* heart shaped Butterfinger candy...alright...I shared a few with DH.
* Ice Breakers "Dragonfruit Freeze" gum. Mmmmm, never saw this flavor before. Can't wait to try.
* And something that was so special....2 antique "bird" buttons. You have to see them so i'll take a pic. Sharon, TY TY TY! I LOVE them. Thank you so much for passing them on to me. I will cherish them.

Funny thing about that was when I was sitting in the doc's office yesterday I was staring at the buttons on my coat. I just got a new coat (because none of my old ones were big enough to cover my huge belly) and was thinking how boring the buttons were and that it would look really cool if it had some sort of fancy buttons.....then I get home and open the box from Sharon and it had buttons in it!! Wierd coincedence!

Thank you so much Sharon. All my birdies are happy and that is so important to me. You've made my day. : )

HUGS!
~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

Hi All,
Still don't have a lot of time today, working my butt off for the Co-op,

DH has to go have a MRI done, waiting for the call to tell us when,He hurt himself cutting our fire wood, I about flipped yesterday when the Doctor tried to test his reflexes in his leg's & he had NONE, I mean none, his legs did not move at all, doc helped him back up & said MRI!! I'm loving it, as that will be about $2000 & if he needs surgery, well I don't even want to think about that, as we have no insurance right now.

Our threads sure are going slow these days.

Annie & Sharon,
My boxes will be going out next week, I still need to get a few more things for Sharon's bird's:)

So sorry to read of all the sorrow this past month, we all could use a big warm hug.

Miss seeing post's from many of you:(

Well, I better get my butt going, Have a great day all, :)Anita

o

Anita, I'm so sorry for ya'll losing a friend and how it must have been for you both. Gosh, I'm beginning to think this group is like that old saying, "if it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all". Hope your DH gets his reflexes back and doesn't have to have surgery. I know how it is to have surgery with no insurance. I had to have my hysterectomy that way.

Carol, I am sorry for your family's loss of a new grandbaby.
I can't believe you let little chubs go. He was like our Mascot or something! His cute little pudgieness will be missed.

Annie, I'm sorry also for Kellie's miscarriage. I'm sure there will be little ones for both you and Carol to spoil another time. Somehow I have missed something. I don't un derstand about your "kids". I keep seeing references to them but it must have been in an eamil that I didn't get.

Marea, your canna leaves are so colorful and pretty that you don't really need blooms. They're just the icing on the cake.

Dawn, happy extended birthday! (Doesn't that sound better than belated?) lol

Shirley, I'm sure you presented a great program. I wish I could have been there to see it.

We sure are missing our "missing links". Where are you guys?

Nancy

o

Yes where is everyone? We need to go through our lists and see if everyone is still ok? I e-mailed Jaye way back in the Fall and got no response. Cody and Paul have dropped off the face of the earth....

Anita-So sorry to hear about David...Gosh that is scary about his legs...Hope everything turns out ok..You are doing an excellent job on the co-op...best one yet

Dawn-Your bird is beautiful and so colorful.Nice box from Sharon.

I don't know where to start explaning about the Hallmark card that was sent to me in sympathy..I tried to pull it up at home but couldn't get it to play. I was deleting old e-mails here at work and came across it again and pulled it up and read the most beautiful sympathy card ever. It said there was a memorial gift being prepared for me by the group and I would receive it in the Spring. It would be in honor of Dad...I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and hate it took me so long to read it. I think Steve (MY DS) has my settings off somewhat at home because I don't get alot of my e-mails and can't look at somethings. I love you guys and do appreciate it.

Bored but better get back to work...

Shirley

o

VD for the Birds Swap Participants
Please remember your boxes need to be in the mail today unless you have notified your partners. (Anita, I'm notified. :))

Nancy, I love the Happy Extended Birhtday phrase!

Shirley, glad you got the card to work. I loved the card too. Wish I could take credit for picking it out. How great that you give talks to your garden club. I know you have told us a little about them before ... What kind of flowers did you talk about?

Anita, hope hubby is ok. And I check in on your coop every once in a while. YOU ARE BUSY! Looks like a great coop.

Dawn, glad you and your birds liked the box. I had lots of fun checking out the bird iles at the stores and making the suet. I made a ton of it for myself also ... well, for the wild birds. Love the picture of Mac. He is one beauty!

Hubby is still working overtime (no pay for it though). Since Sat, he hasn't gotten home before 10 pm ... last night it was 12 mid. We are hoping tonight is the last night. He is outside in this freezing cold weather for most of the day. Yikes!

Kids have been loving the weather though. They closed school Monday and Tues. Too cold! -5 F. -20F windchill both days. Too cold for kids to walk or wait for the bus, some busses weren't starting. But they are going today.

I work in the laboratory at a hospital and for the last 2 days it was 58F in the lab. Thank God the patients rooms were warm, but some of us were working with our coats on and our lab coats on over them. :o)

sharon

o

Betty's package is flying. The confirmation number is 0306 1070 0001 0568 7035.

Dawn, Mac is one beautiful bird! Does he talk alot. Will post later I'm still not home. I had a meeting this afternoon, so maybe I will make it home sometime this evening.

Will post later, and I hope Betty likes the box I sent.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

popping in for a sec. sorry to be out...

for MaryB, just cause i thought you would like it :)
Cameroons Twister
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

For Shirley, because this might be the only double in my yard i havent yet posted (i think)
John Kirkland

For Annie, whose daylily taste is a mystery but not her heart :)
Cherry Valentine

For Sharon and her -20's!
Winter in the Woods

For Marea, albeit not requested, a hanson beauty
Cognizant Dissonant
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

btw Marea, i think you should put a sf of Snazzy Memories in the la. let us beat each other up for it lol. cover the registration costs for sure. Many grats :)

if i missed you, im sorry. actually a busy time of year for me. plus i get in a winter mood...a funk morelike...comeon spring!!

Dawn...heck had something to say and cant see the posts now...but id like to add a thanks for keeping this thing going along with the aformentioned others....:).

Those asking on Sherri, she is studying....sssshhhhh...she wants to get alot done before spring.

Cindy
....hibernating...

o

Good morning..

Thank you all for the beautiful E-cards. I forwarded Jenna's card onto her and i'm sure she will see it soon when she goes to my Mom's to check her email.
I really appreciate the kind and thoughtful words. It has been a rough start to the year (for lots of us) and hopefully things will begin looking up.
HUGS to all of you!

Susan, HUGS & love. : )

Annie, my Valentines box is on it's way to Tim. I sure hope he enjoys the couple things I put together for him.
Mac does talk, but not quite as much as my African Grey. Their vocal abilities aren't quite as good. But he's still a baby and still learning. When he's hungry he say's "Hot Hot". That's from when he was still being hand fed and the formula was hot. : ) He always greets you with "Hello, Hi, or I'm back!". It's simple phrases like that. He does understand though. Sometimes when you ask him a question he says, "Huh?". He's just precious. : )

Anita, your For The Birds/ Valelentine's swap box is on it's way. Prayers coming your way for DH.

Thanks Sharon. : ) Mac is still loving his new toy, although there is much less left of it, lol.

Hi Cindy! Thank you for that beautiful selection of DL's.

Well, gotta' run. DH is taking me to the hospital this morning for some poking and prodding. I have a Glucose test, some bloodwork, and my Rhogam injection (I'm O-). Doc says i'll be there for a few hours. Oh yay. We're due there at 8am.

I think I only have like 96 days left. : )

Thanks again everyone,
~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

Morning everyone,

Anita, I hope your DH is feeling better.

The thermometer says it is 10 degrees this morning, and like all of you I am ready for spring.

Cindy, I guess I didn't relize my daylily taste were a mystery. What can I say, It is like my other two addictions,(Hosta and Iris) and like chips, I can't just have a couple, have to have them all.

I'm new to these beauties, and some have not bloomed yet. But the ones that have ooooooooooooooh my! Like my hosta, I like them big, bold and vibrant. I have 3-4 spiders,well two of them are in Iowa, because when I potted plants for my niece the two new ones, Wilson Spider and Midnight Orchid that were potted up too close to the plants found their way into her car. I think their bloom had something to do with it. :O):O)

In doing swaps I'm going to have to order for people, so I will need some information on the best places to do that. I know several of you have them that I can order from, and I shall do that. (Did that make sense?) I'm glad everyone has a wish list because otherwise I would be in the dark. That reminds me, I really need to do mine because before you know it spring is going to be here.

Dawn, how long have you had Mac, and your African grey? My friend has an African and boy he does talk. Doesn't take long for him to pick up on words and sounds. They don't want him to pick up any swear words so they watch what they say. Sergant is guite the singer; he listens to alot of music. I know when the electricians were there for a week, by the time they left he could imitate the sould of the drill. So funny!. Thanks for sending to one of my "kids" It is appreciated more than you ever know.Can you guys tell I've had wayyyyyyyy too much coffee this morning! LOL

Sherri, good luck on the studying, been there did that.

Nancy, when speaking of my "kids" I work for people with disabilities, and we have 8 people at the house where I work, ages from 20-62. I shouldn't call them "kids" they are adults, but I call them my kids. They all are good about taking care of themselves, they just need supervision. I understand they are there because if not living at home they get more funding. Our Mammabear asked for some volunteers to send to my "kids" and of course as always the group came through.

My last day off today, starting my long stretch tonight. DH birthday was yesterday, and since I got home late, we will celebrate today. Shelby and DeAnna sent him such a cute card.

Can you guys tell I've had way too much coffee this morning? I better put some of this energy to use.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Annie-Nice long post way to go. We need something to keep our group alive..Not many posting these days. I can post more in the Winter months than the others..Way too busy planting and pulling weeds later. I have never liked coffee, don't drink it and never have. I do like to smell it though.

Dawn-Bloodwork...Yeek..I hate needles. When DH asked me to marry him I told him no way am I having a blood test. If you can find a way where they don't touch me with a needle yes otherwise NOOOO. We traveled to South Carolina where they did not require blood tests so we got married there.

Cindy-Love all those gorgeous daylilies but you know which one is my favorite. Yep John Kirkland, love the name Winter in the Woods. Cognizant Dissonant is very nice too.
You have now given us our fix for a few days. LOL

Sherri-We will be very quite while you are studying. You need to make good grades.

Sharon-I talked about Spring planting and clean-ups and discussed some new plants being introduced. I just ordered some new cyclamens that are hardy outside. I love cyclamens and can't wait to see how they do planted outdoors. I also introduced them to Wintersowing seeds but don't know if they will do it or not.

Shirley

o

Hi All,
Quick hi, DH & I are on our way out, We wont have the results of the MRI till next week, so we get to play the waiting game, which I hate, I am one that needs to know NOW what is going on, he said he felt a bit better, I sure hope so. Nancy Yikes, bet that was a nice bill?
Shirley, Thanks I have really enjoyed it so far:) I haven't asked her yet, but I am going to see if Jo will come to my packing party (HINT, HINT JO) Sharon your box flew out yesterday I know I said next week, but I did not want it to be late, Annie I am off to the PO right now so Janita's box will be rolling off to her today, I sure hope she likes what I picked out for her, are you going to be working V-D day? I sure hope you are so you can tell us all how they all react to being suprised from your group. Cindy, Cindy, Cindy why why why?????Love Winter In The Woods, why do you do this to me???JK I love your post's.
Dawn thanks for letting me know, I was going to E-mail you back & tell you don't rush, DH is doing better. Off to PO & EnEn's with DH, Have a great day all, :)Anita

o

Did this group dissolve & no one told the few of us that still post???

Oh, I just had to come share with you all, I am Happppy, DH & I stopped at Jubilee to pick up dish soap & bought some lottery tickets & won $525.00, I'm thinking Daylilies..
Have a great night all.

o

Anita, congrats and hope dh is getting well, Annie please let us know if your kids like their boxes, mine for him and yours for bird swap went out today. dawn your birdie is beautiful. here is chub chub right before she went to her new home. I want spring hugs carol

o

Carol-I never tire of looking at Chub Chub. I know his new owners are excited over him.

Anita-$525.00...Way to Go..
Susie (in another group) won a big Bingo cash prize awhile back. Maybe your luck will rub off on the rest of us.

Dawson did win a $10.00 gift card from Wal-Mart Tuesday. DD said she was shopping when they announced for all kids in the store to come and enter a coloring contest. She took Dawson to the kids department and let him color. The manager came around looked at them all and chose Dawsons as the winner. I asked DD if he colored in the lines and she said no but they still picked his. I thought it was way too cute that he won. He got to go tonight and pick out a toy with his card.

This is the last thing Dad made me and I will treasure it forever. My Niece got the big one that he used all the time. I plan to put a liner in it and fill it with flowers to go on my new covered deck.

Shirley

o

I really loved reading all your posts this morning ...
All so happy and energetic. Some making me smile, others making me chuckle.

Cindy, of course 'Winter in the Woods' gave me a smile because of its beauty and name.

Shirley, how precious! I love the sled! You made me smile with an 'Awwww'

Carol, ChubChub is one big longing 'Awwwwww'

Anita, You know I smiled when you won the money, and chuckled when you said you were going to spend it on 'daylilies'. I pictured you instead of Pooh doing the Happy Dance.

Annie, you had me laughing with your friends bird learning how to imitate a drill .... too funny!

And finally Dawn, afraid of needles! When I first learned how to draw blood, we practiced on each other before going to those unsuspecting patients. I always offered to be drawn because I was much more afraid to put a needle into someone than to be drawn myself, even by a 'newbie'. No problem now, I'll come draw all of you anytime. :o)
I'm still the one they come to when new people need to practise, they know I never say 'no'.

Brother and SIL from Utah (retired transplants from San Diego) are here visiting, staying with Dad. They LOVE to PARTY ... should be a exciting weekend.

Girl Scout Cookies for the troop are coming in today, so hubby and I have to each drive a car to pick them, we have so many coming. I get to spend a couple hours sorting and repacking them.
Hey Anita, sounds a little like your Co-op. :o)

sharon

o

I wanted to let everyone know that I received a really nice Bird Box from Jean. If I haven't forgotten how to do it, I will include a picture. In case it doesn't work, I'll list all the items she packed in that box. Besides being generous she was very decorative with pink and red heart wrapping paper, and little shiny hearts placed throughout.

Here's the list:
A birdhouse (useable not just decorative)
2 Suet cakes
A chain to hang the suet cakes from
Oriole Food
Hummingbird Food
Thistle Bag with thistle for the finches
A scrub brush with the neatest handle
A tin of candy which hubby spotted first thing.
2 packs of flower seeds one of them I had never heard of
The cutest keychain/zipper pull etc. It was macramaed with a ceramic bead and snail
And the last thing Jean will have to tell me what it is. Its the black cylinder thing. I'm so embarrased but I have
no idea what it's for.

I have had so many irons in the fire, I haven't gotten to be as active as usual. It doesn't look like things will slacken up anytime soon but I will make more of an effort to post here on the forum.

I saw that someone was wondering about Paul. I heard from him this week when I asked him about the link to the questionnaires he has on line. Paul's father has been ill and Paul has been helping him out. He hopes to back with us soon.

Hi Cindy...glad to see you are still posting those beautiful daylilies.

Best of luck to Sherri in her educational studies.

I won't make this too long. I'll just have to post more often. But I have been reading and catching up, and it looks like Dawn and several more of you have been doing a fantastic job here in the forum.

Thanks again Jean.
Debbie/budsnblooms

Here is a link that might be useful: Bird Box from Jean

o

Good Morning Everyone,
Another CHILLLLY morning here. I am so ready for this cold spell to be over with (wouldn't mind the snow gone too).

Cindy, thanks for coming on and sharing some pics with us. Love them all, but you know I do love those spiders/UFO's the best (Winter in the Woods is pretty nice too!). I had forgotten that tax time was your busy time. I know what you mean about "winter funk". I think we all get it sometimes. Just make sure you always come back!

Dawn, how did it go at the doctors? Mac sure is a beautiful bird!

Shirley, love your hand built planter from your Dad. Glad to see that you are back around and feeling better. Love you.

Anita, congratulations on your winnings! Wow, would I love to have $525 to spend on daylilies! Please let us know how the MRI went when you get the results. WHERE'S JO????

Sharon, how are you feeling this morning? Did you do some partying last night with your brother and SIL? So nice that they are there for a visit.

Marea, how is the Oregon weather? You must be just about into Spring by now right? This is the time of year that I get really envious of you all in the warmer zones when you start getting the warmth and flowers and I still have the cold and snow for another month or so.

Just want to extend another invitation to you all (I know Dawn has already done it) to join that great co-op group. I've seen Sharon, Annie, Mellen, Carol and Barb over there too. Just in the couple of months since I've joined, we've worked on co-ops for lilies, hostas, daylilies, astilbe, ferns, cannas, glads, clematis, callas, iris and I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting. Great prices! Email Dawn or I if you want more info or to join in. Free membership and you buy as little or as much as you want.

Better get going - have tons of emails to catch up on.
Stay warm,
MaryB

o

Morning all..yup yup the pig lives..hehe
And we've having a heat wave,its 12 above today.Smiles
Is it spring yet??I'm with you Mary B green with envy of those in warmer zones.We've been very cold here and with no snow for cover,sigh.

Received a wonderfull box from Betty/Bettyboops
One very big Birdhouse with a little butterfly on it,,hehe to cute..thank you so much.
Wrap around,with embroidered carinals on it..useing this in the house.Works great as a blanket around my shoulders..smiles
Some very pretty Stationery with tulips.
A valentine note pad with hearts and so on..cute and very needed
Two mags..Small Gardens have never seen this one..liking it,
and Woman's Day..
and WOW the CANDY..I think this box should have been called Lets see if we can get Dirtpig alitte fatter..hehehe
Bag of Snickers,Box of GooGoo Cluster,Bag of Mr Goodbar Bites,Bag of Hersheys Kisses with Almonds,A sleeve of M&M's
and Coconut Tips..Lord I haven't seen these in years!!Love them,love them...Heheh
One very nice valentine Card.Thank you so much Betty you out did yourself..HUGS

Debbie that black thingy is for your hummingbird feeder.Put on top so the ants can't get to it.Or so I'm told anyways..hehe.Sorry I forgot all about a note or card...Hubby was alittle pushy that morning to get me going so he could get going.He was doing the postoffice run for me.I'm so bad in winter,hate going anyways when its cold.
So with that being said.Can you feel the warmth coming though.

Mary B sent you an email about co-op.Sounds fun,smiles

Think warm and dream dayliles,Jean

o

Thanks Jean for letting me know what the doo-hickey was in my bird box that I couldn't figure out...An ant avoider...well who would have thought?

KY has been in the deep freeze too. We haven't seen above freezing weather in a couple of weeks. Snow is still here and our poor pregnant cows look so cold. Babies are due to start around the 20th of Feb. I'll keep you updated on our babies as I have in the past.Sure hope it has warmed up some by then.

Happy to see that Donna and her family are doing better. Prayers and compassion always help whatever the circumstances may be.

Marea I know you have just been really busy packing, moving, and setting up camp for you and Herb until you get
a place rented or bought. Life in an RV with hubby....how romantic (grin). Pssssst...Don't forget to wear your motorcycle leather...it's soooo sexy. Sorry, I had to get that in there.

Gloria... it's winter, we're bored, cold, and in a funk.
Isn't it time for you to turn on your wisdom and charm and come up with something for us to do. Otherwise, I'll have to think of something...do you really want to risk that???

Canna....I've been thinking about you a lot lately...I saw Lexington was having a big boat show...Did you and Doug get to go? We haven't seen pictures of our favorite little red haired girl or Ellens little blondie how about sharing with us oldies who don't even have grandbabies to brag about?

I'm going to try to post a picture of a couple of daylilies below instead of just a link...Let's see what happens.

o

Just wanted to post a quick message that I received my wonderful Bird box from Anita.
I promise to post tomorrow what treasures it contained. ;o)

Been busy with the family, girl scout cookies and a sick child.

sharon

o

Hello!

We are under a storm watch, so I will be staying in town tomorrow if it is suppose to be bad. ( I hate driving, I just know there is s ditch out there with my name on it somewhere!)

I want to thank all the Valentine Angels for all the hard work and time you put in the boxes. They are coming in and although "my kids" know they are in the storage room they know they can't have them until valentines day. Needless to say they have been driving me nuts wanting them. All I can say is wow, from the looks of the boxes you angels have out done yourself. Each of you will recieve a thank-you note from "my kids." I will wake them up early on Valentines day morning to give their boxes to them;my "kids" have been counting the days.

I'm saving up my pennies for a program for the computer that will allow me to convert pictures to cross stitch; just think of the fun I will have then. If I'm not able to master it I'm hoping if I send the program to one of you guys you would be so nice to convert for me.
It sounds like everyone is getting great boxes. I'm glad Betty liked what I sent, I always worry when sending packages.

You guys are the Best of the Best!
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Maryb, I'm feeling fine! My brother and sil went to see another one of my brothers Sat. night. Hubby and I have been trying to get out for a 'night on the town' for 3 weekends now. But Sat. the son got sick and daughter went to a school dance, so we decided to stay home and keep an eye on him (even though he is 16). He never seems to know when he is sick. Does anyone else have a child that seems in 'total denial' that they are sick. He had a temp of 101 and insisted he just had a headache. LOL

Debbie, nice pictures!

Here is my promised box of goodies from Anita:
(it was a BIG BOX)

2 types of Cat Treats - is this so Ahi will be too full to eat any of my wild birds?

Parrot statue

Honey Roasted Peanuts - This is the son's favorited food, I think it may be another day or 2 before he is well enough to eat these.

Heavy Duty Extender Hook - Anita, I really appreciated this! I can always use another, they come in handy in soooo many ways.

Parrot Refrigerator Magnet - not being used as a magnet because silly me, when I first pulled it out of the box I thought,'how cute, a plant pot decoration', and I thought of just the plant I was going to put it in. Then I noticed the magnet on the back and thought ... too bad, it's going into that pot. and that is where it is now! LOL

2 Dream catchers - Hung on my big plant right now ... the cats have been eyeing these ...

A Welcome Angels and Birds sign - how appropriate

Suction cup thermometer with a cardinal - on my window now.

Almond Joy Candy Bars - daughters fav.

Trident White gum - thanks, love it.

Beef Jerky - hubby is eyeing it.

Sunflower seeds

Freesia body cream - smells great

Chapstick

Suet feeder with suet - birds are eating it now I'm sure.

Box of assorted Chocolates

memo pad and butterfly calander - these are in the box to go to the cottage.

Hummingbird feeder and food

Book - Stealing Time - not my cup of tea, but hubby picked it up and said, 'take this one to the cottage so I can read it there.' :o)

Thanks so much Anita for the wonderful box!
sharon

o

Good morning everyone,

I haven't had much spare time to get on the computer the last few days. I've got alot of work to squeeze in the next 93 days so if i'm missing for a day or two or three don't worry...i'm probably up to my eyeballs in cleaning and baby preparation. : )

Anita, your Birdie swap package went out and hopefully you got it Saturday. Sure hope your feathered friends enjoy what I sent and that it makes this cold, snowy time a bit better for them. Congrats. on your big winnings! That is awesome. I could really use a windfall like that right about now. Think i'll pick up a ticket today. : )

Annie, Valentine's package for Tim should hopefully be at your place by today at the latest.
We've had Mac for about 3 years (he's approx. 4 years old) and our African Grey turns 7 years old this month! We got him when he was only a few months old...just as he was being weaned. They are both still babies and we hope they live very long lives.
Our Grey picks up things very quickly too. His intelligence just amazes me. He now talks in sentences and tells you exactly what he wants or how he feels. He really rules the roost around here, lol! When he's ready for bed he tells us "night, night" and we have to turn the T.V. off or he will get mad. : ) We've spoiled him rotten. Yesterday he was getting such a kick out of stealing my DH's chess pieces and flying off with them. When we'd tell him to bring them back he'd say "No" and laugh a hysterical laugh.
This morning he said "I'm mamabirrd's baby".
I'll have to tape a short movie of him and put up a link so you can watch his antics.
That program you're looking at sounds really neat.

Debbie, so WONDERFUL to see you posting! Missed you lots. And thank you for the update on Paul. I've worried about him & his family since Calif. got that bad cold snap. What a great box you got from Jean. : )

Dirtpig...HI! Great to see you posting too. And what a beautiful picture as always. You are a pro at photography. Always warms me up in the winter. Betty sent you & your birdies a great box...perfect for being snuggled up inside.

Sharon, great goodies from Anita! And sorry your DS is sick. I hope he is feeling peanut-eating better today.

Shirley, funny story about your fear of needles, lol! I got a good chuckle. : )
That will be such a wonderful planter and you will think of your Dad everytime you see it. I just love it. And your deck looks pretty darn sharp (no needle pun intended, lol)! I can't wait to see it filled with your potted plants this year.

Hi MaryB! Thanks for mentioning Pam's co-op again. Although I haven't had much time to post over there I have several orders in and plan to put in a few more. I just knew it would be a great opportunity for all the T.D.'s to add to their plant addictions. : )
I told Mac what you said and he was blushing. ; ) I can't bear to throw his shedded feathers away (that darn hoarding disease again, lol) because they are so beautiful and I have a whole box full. I want to make some sort of craft project with them.

My appointment at the hospital on Friday was a total nightmare. Repeat...total nightmare. What a bunch of completely unorganized lunatics. We were there for HOURS. I actually became scared to get my Rh injection for fear they'd give me the wrong thing or something. They argued with me the whole time, saying I didn't have an appointment although I was in their computer system as the first appt. of the day at 8am??? It was just one thing after another, and the last straw was when one of the nurse's asked me if I had had a pregnancy test in the last 6 months I almost fell over!! Guess my bulging belly didn't give it away?? Or all my paperwork that said I was there for pregnancy related testing?? Glad that's not the hospital I will be delivering at. It was frightening.

But, in the end, like 5 hours later I got my Rh injection which took all of 1 1/2 seconds and I did my glucose test and gave 5 vials of blood. Will get results next Monday at my next doc. appt. I'm expecting everything to be perfectly fine.

Today is 27 weeks. 93 days left 'till due date.

Marea, what are you doing in an RV dressed in leather??? ; )

MamaG, yes, please come amuse us. Lift us out of our winter doldrums.

Canna, how are things with Doug going? Hope he's not out trying to toss the football yet.

Paul, I sure hope your Dad is feeling okay. Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Check in when you are able.

To all that have been unable to post for whatever reasons, please check in when you can. You are missed. I think we need to have a T.D. Roll Call. : )

Well, guess we're right in the path of this dreaded storm. As of right now they are calling for 6-12 inches for my area. I am not happy. I'm praying that the forecasters are wrong as usual and we get nothing.

Today will probably be the only day this week that DH can work. And still not able to do anything over at the new house. I did stop over to check on the footers for DH and so far so good. DH is still very worried but i'm hoping my constant prayers help. Temps. are dropping back down for the rest of the week so we're not out of the woods yet.

Well, i'm headed out to remove some ice from the waterfall up at the pond. It's built up pretty thick and I want to be sure I have no obstuction of the flow of water underneath. Once it starts snowing i'll never be able to see what i'm doing.

Happy Monday everyone,
~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

Wow..what gread boxs.Birds should be happy this winter.
So what we doing next..hehe..Hmmmm sounds like it might be a good time for Mamabear to come out and play.Oh Mamabear,come out,come out...smiles

THANK YOU ANNIE
Its so beautifull.I even think I have a frame for it!

Hugs Jean

o

ok.. i hear the call of desperation.... winter is singing the blues..... so i have something to say....

anyone want to win anything????

if anyone will send me a group email with our names on it then ill shoot out the details... i cant do this online anymore right? Dont want to get kicked off.....

anita i won 175.00 on a superbowl game.... am loving that!

ok lets do this.... naw, email me... and ill let you know what you have to post to win....

win what you ask....

just win is all im gonna say!!! but you flower lovers will want to win.
hurry,,, valentines day is not far away...

all boxes out for annies kids???? mine went and i have heard from debbie and susan and dirtpig.... good ol dirtpig... grunning big!

o

Hi All,
Quick post to let Dawn know Yes, I did get her wonderful box, will post contents in the morning, Did wood most of the day & I'm beat, Still nothing on DH. at 5:oo pm we figured office closed won't get a call today, well of course run to the store & they called:(
Jo, will give you a call back in a few minute's, sorry I missed yours too.
Post again in the morning.

(((((Dawn))))) I LOVE My Box..

Have a great night all. :)Anita

o

Gloria....You Can't ask me what I'm giving hubby for Valentines (Blush and Grin).
Debbie

o

Paul and I will celebrate Valentines Day on Saturday because we're supposed to be getting 1' of snow tomorrow. Thank the Lord! We only have around 4" on the ground. Not good for the daylilies.
We will go out to dinner at Ribolita's in Portland(Maine) on Saturday. They have the best Italian cuisine. I'm Italian so I should know. Before we go to dinner we'll go to Skillins' Greenhouse & Garden Center and to Borders Books. Borders is our favorite place in the world(next to attending a daylily meeting somewhere). When we come home we'll watch a movie and then hit the sheets with our 3 cats. Do you guys know how hard it is to "snuggle" with 3 cats on the bed staring at you?
Love,
Lisa

o

To win bulbs:
Here are my valentine plans, hope not to shock anyone.I am cooking a free range roast w/ fixings a cherry cheesecake, non alcoholic champagne, drawing him a warm bubble bath, washing his back and ???
giving him a body massage w/ KY warming gel with special attention to special areas, then wild passionate sex
I'm, only 59. hugs. Mamma this better not get me any unwanted e-mails from lecherous old men or booted from here
Carol

o

Is everyone digging out? We had rain for 2days, sleet then 3 1/2" of snow today. I hate Winter!!! But I seen New York on the news so I guess I can't whine too much.

As usual love everyones pictures, especially the birdie and puppy dog.

Same stuff going on here. Can't remember if I told you guys my friend was building me a garage, but he fell out of a deer stand and broke his knee. So that will put me a couple months behind.

Well I hope everyone stays safe and warm!

Take care Angie

o

This is my littlest Valentine Dawson. Marea he loves leather too. On the right side of his jacket it says born to ride.

Hope everyone is staying safe, I've heard all the storm warnings.

Shirley

o

Hi everyone, checking for the roll call.:)

The storm has so far left about a foot of snow, but we are loving it. We built a huge fort yesterday, and today we will make a maze around it. I can't remember ever seeing this much snow in one day. I guess as long as the power stays on through the temp drop, all will go well.:)
I went out last night and dug the dog a path to go potty since it was up to his belly and this morning, you can barely tell there was a path. That part kinda stinks, hate to redig but my body is loving the exercise, so far.:)
Then theres the pool, the snow accumulated on it and it is sitting higher than the rest of the yard, not sure what that is going to mean when this stuff starts to melt.

Thanks for all of the encouragement on my studies, it has been a while and sometimes hard to stay focused on it. I finished anatomy last week and I am almost through pharmacology. I want to have the worst of it over before the weather breaks.

Sharon, I remember way back when, when I was in medical assisting we had to practice on each other and I would volunteer in hopes that when it was my turn, I would have the same luck.:)

dirtpig, I love that pic. Daylilies just blend no matter what they are paired with.

Annie, don't worry about your daylily taste. Even when you do pick one particular thing, it will change as you discover others. Me, for example, started on pinks, then purples, then just anything with an eye, and so on. As of last summer, I only wanted purples with teeth and ruffles but found that when I went shopping at the farms, I bought all reds, go figure.:) The one thing I know for sure is that I like them big.:)

Hi Debbie, it's good to see you. I hope you will share some pics of the baby cows.

Shirley, Dawson is adorable, I love those sparkling eyes.:)

Lisa, that cracked me up about the cats, my dog will get up and leave with a big sigh, like he is just disgusted.:)

Annie and everyone who is sending a box, that is so sweet.

Hi Miss Maryb, it's been a while since I gabbed at you. I hope all is well.

Anita and Gloria, way to go on winning the money. We won fifty on the super bowl and thought we were doing good.:)

Everyone take care and keep warm. Sherri

o

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I am going to be cooking some wonderful things for DH today. I already made a huge pot of "Beef Stew for Lovers", and am working on a "Sexy Strawberry Spinach Salad". I've got "Kissing Cranberry Muffins" in the oven and have already given him some Daffin's chocolate covered pretzels. Yum! And yet more strawberries in a cream cheese dessert that i've named "Love in the Snow", lol. The best way to his heart is definately through his stomach. : )

I am also making him a card from Talon.

When he gets home i'm sure the three of us will snuggle up in front of the big screen with our feathered audience, hee hee.

HUGS,
~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

Hope you ladies with all the snow are having fun and making lots of snowmen.

It is sunny here but very windy and cold. We are cutting out Valentines.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Shirley

o

• Posted by mareas West Coast Zone 8 (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 14, 07 at 12:46

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!
Happy Day After Your Birthday Karen!!

Dressed in leather in an RV - ooh la la! well, you most definitely picked up on Herb's dreams, Debbie! *grin* We are still living apart while I guard the big old vehicles not moved up North yet - Herb will get a week off pretty soon for us to finish this madness. What with Winter blues and moving despair - I've been curled way up in my shell...so HAPPY i came out to catch up a bit on y'all! Wonderful boxes & good wishes & photos, as usual.

Shirley - Dawson is such a gorgeous little Biker!

Cindi - Thank you! You KNOW I just loved seeing Cognizant Dissonance - Curt Hanson's cultivars always just MOVE me somehow, is it their "Munson" colors I wonder? Still no answer from AHS about 'SNAZZY'... what a fun idea to list a fan on the LA for yall...hmmm...

Sherri - you described my progression through daylilies, too! First my focus was on the purples and now: ALL of them! LOL

Today I am taking a group of single ladies out for a Valentine's Friendship lunch - Irene who is 78, Cynthia who is 69, Bev 47 & Cheri 55. No sitting home alone allowed today.

Big warm hugs to all, marea

o

well, i copied that from mareas post but its not red, nor is it big.....
tried it agin... well shucky dern.... grinning big here!!!

I have such a surprise for yall... but i have to wait till midnight tonight....
dawn, do you have a recipe for any crandberry protien bars like say south beach diet makes???? we eat those a box a day and they are so expensive... i tried to go on line and research south beach diet bar recipes but to no avail..

please please share with me if you can.... i can add my own protien power right???? help for the healthlys out there...

o

Good Morning Everyone,
When I get done busting a gut over HONEY Susan, I can post my wonderful box from Dawn, for those that did not get the E-mail Susan was called well I better not say it, but it was not HONEY, as I think the intention was.

My For The Bird's Valentine Box From Dawn

A nice warm scarf, hat & glove set, I desperately needed
Warm red fleece blanket
Never ending calendar, never new this thing existed
Thistle for my finches
Nectar for my Hummers
Suet holder with home made by Dawn heart shaped suet:)
Basket filled with VD candy, my faves in it Andes Candy:)
The most beautiful Bird House Gourd, hand painted by Dawn, she put Brow's Love Shack on it, but my pic is not the best, Dawn I love everything, Thank you so much:)

Baby D, Playing with the cool toy Paul sent him, He LOVES it:)

Baby D, growing up so fast, I cant get him to sleep in his new bed, as he has this stupid Pooh fold out couch bed thing, that he insist on sleeping on, What to do???

I sent a bit of this in an E-mail to all, DH has a herniated disc between L3 & L4 lower lumbar, He has to go see a Neurosurgeon Monday the 19th, I will keep you all updated as to our next step. he is & will be off work for some time to come. Doc is thinking a few more weeks, but it will be up to Dr. Gregory the Neurosurgeon, Please all pray with me David wont need the surgery.

Off to find the pic of the Amaryllis Paul sent me. :)Anita
Happy Belated Birthday Karen & Happy Belated V-Day all.

o

Thank you Paul, It was better than the pic:)

Off to get a snow shot:)

o

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Happy Belated Birthday to Karen, and Happy Belated Valentines Day.

I'm back home, We got 5-8 inches of snow, but with the wind blowing so hard it is hard to tell exactly how much. I hope everyone in the East are doing ok.

Valentine Angels, I don't know what to say and how I can ever thank you for the wonderful response to "my kids". Since the weather was bad they all stayed home and so at 5:00 a.m. the party began! Didn't take them long to tear into the packages, and yes, they ate candy for breakfast!LOL I want each and everyone of you to know that they thought it was Christmas all over again. In fact, They got more from you guys in one box then some of them got for Chriistmas The other staff was in awe of your the generosity. I told them that you guys are a great group of people that pour your heart and souls into everything you do.

Carol, I opened your box as soon as I walked in the house, and thank you! I love all that you sent. In my bird box was:

A bird feeder. so cute, looks like in the shape of a barn. With a silo, and says Farms on the top of it.

A bird house in the shape of a watering can.

Hummingbird food, I needed some, I was out, and now I will be ready when spring arrives.

Candle holder that resembles a cut out log, smells so good,

The greatest socks to keep my big cold feet warm.

A pink bank in the shape of a purse that says, "I'm in shape, round is a shape , isn't it. again, soooooo cute.

Chocolate cady in a heart box.

M&M's

candy that says chocolate mint, honey pure.

Tonight I work my last 12 hours, so tomorrow when I return home I will post some pictures. I need to charge the batteries for the camera today.

Anita and Shirley Baby D and Dawson are so cute and growing like weeds. Little people are the neatest little creatures aren't they?

I'm getting pretty sleepy, so it is time for bed.

I will post pictures of my box tomorrow.
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
RE: UPDATE: ) 9400 posts! traveling daylilies

Oh Annie,
I am so delighted to be a part of this group, I don't know if I have ever personally told you Annie, but my son Joey spent 2 years in a residential group home, I totally understand what you are saying, at Christmas one year Joey gave all his gifts away to the ones that did not get anything for Christmas, was I mad? Only for a second till I thought about how much they must have been hurting inside to see Joey come back with all these cool thing's & they had nothing,, the madness ended fast & I got Joey a few more things that year for Christmas, but he was not to give them away, I never did check to see if he kept his word he wouldn't give them away, Well I need to go find me a tissue for the tear's,,. Thank you for letting us know, we made a few special friend's, :)Anita

P. S if it is not to late, I laminated the heat on the outside of Juanita's box for her to keep too:)

o
Can We Say Snow???

This is the new bed, I cant find the one with the paths done, but they are now, I think I might have posted this?

2-15-07

o

Anita, Maleah wants to know where her snowman is?

~Canna

o
RE: UPDATE: Please

Please? See...I gots no snow!

o

Oh Maleah, how can I resist that please & that smile, I will see in the morning if I can build a snowman, but DH thinks I will have to wait till hit hardens up a bit, it is real light & fluffy, :)Anita

o

Hey Dee Ho everyone,
I finally made it to the forum. Glad to see you all are alive and well.

Oh, Anita, hahaha! You so funny!

Marea, beautiful girl! And send her up here, she can have all the snow she wants!

Love ya all, Susan

o

we have a tie.... so far... we still have a few hours left... if not we will have a tie breaker..... im not gona say whos in the lead.... let me just say this..... well... no!!! grinning big!!!!!!!

canna if your daughter gets any priettier.... mercy me girl!!! she can come stay with me.... ill bring snow in!!!!

your picyutes of all your little children are so cute... makes me want more.... always, i wish i had more, dont like empty nest at all....

thank GOD my daughter gets to work with me... my grnadkids sons all loved their lunchboxes with treats inside... they eat school lunches and they want homemade.... dont blame them... i eat homemade and i long for taco bell....

keep voting... we need a tie breaker!!!!
THANKS FOR THE SENT VALEMTINES CARDS!!!!!!!! too sweet... thanks thanks thanks!!!!!

do i need to offer a box of bulbs for the protein cranberry recipe....???? if so let me know!!!!!!!

ok.. ill be back tommorrow with the winning news!
hugs

o

Yeah I get to see Maleah....The prettiest little red head around. I think we should forget daylily pictures and just post cute kid pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have any grandkids yet but in May I become a grandmother of an 8 year old little girl...hurrah...I'll take grandkids any way I can get them (grin). Ellen needs to post a picture of her pretty little blond. I'm glad Anita shares Little D's pictures. We need more pictures of Dawson and Marie and Jacey and Brittney and Talon. BTW will you be getting another ultrasound Dawn?...If not, a belly shot will do.
Paul hasn't shared a picture of his "little angels" for a long time.

I vote that all the moms, dads, and grandmoms post a picture of their little ones. Even if your little one is grown. Would you all like to share family pictures? I don't want to post my ugly mug, but I'll post pictures of my grown kids if you want to see them. I'd love to see pictures of you and/or your family. What do you think about this idea? I think it would be a way to better know each other...and yes Susan, your hairy/feathered/scaled babies count too.

Debbie

o

All the kids are precious! With Maleah's bottomless brown eyes and that gorgeous hair her daddy will have his hands full in a few years. Dawson looks like a little flirt and I'll bet that helps him get his way. Little D will be the one who will be out there in the garage trying to build something by the time he's 4 so you better watch out.

Anita, I hope that David won't have to have surgery. That's the last resort if nothing else works. Hopefully just resting will take care of it and then if he's careful and tries not to pick up too much heavy stuff until it heals maybe it will be ok.

Angie, too bad your guy broke his knee, ugh that has to be painful! Maybe by the time it warms up enough to get out there and do much it will be well. How are your little guys?

We had just a smattering of snow and it was gone by the next day. Here you all are wishing it away and I'm begging it to come. Since I don't have to work and Jerry only goes about 3/4 mile to work and could ride the 4 wheeler or drive my Toyota it would be great!

Annie, I wish I'd seen the mail about your kids. I would loved to have done that. I did send some seeds to 8 ladies who lived in a group home that someone from GW worked with a couple of years ago. They were going to plant a garden and were so excited waiting for spring too. I think I've told you that I work at a residential/training facility with lower functioning men and women. There are 16 ladies in the residence that I supervise and I am missing them! We take them outside with us when the weather is nice and they watch while we plant and work the flowers. The ones who understand really love watching and the others enjoy just being outside in the nice weather with staff attention. I'm glad the ones of you who did participate enjoyed it.

Marea, your diversity in friends sounds just like mine.When I first moved here I didn't work for 8 years so my neighbor invited me to join the Ladies Home Extension Service and nearly all of them were older but so much fun. Then I was in the Ladies Auxilliary and we had from teens to elderly. It's a really small rural community so you become friends with everyone except the mean ones. (and there are a few of those born and reared on this here mountain that will blow your head off if they even think you're trespassing! ;-)

Shirley, I know it was fun for you and Marea to spend time with older friends who may not have anyone else or maybe not at that time. It seems to me that most people who have flower gardens do love sharing their time with others.

Sherri, hang in there, you're nearly there now.

Jean, your cross stitch from Annie is really nice.

Happy Extended Birthday to Sharon! When I miss one I just think of it as extending your birthday another day. ;-) I hope it was a wonderful one!

Gloria, there's always a need for Foster Parents and I'd bet you would make a terrific one! I would do it in a minute but Jerry won't. He said we'd get too attached and then they would give the children back and it would make him mad.

((((G'nite Hugs))))

Nancy

o

Thx MAREA and ANITA,
It was both a happy birthday and a belated one since we were snowed in and couldn't go out until valentines day!

Anita- lots of snow for you I see!

Oh I see I missed the cut off to vote. I was a day off. This whole week feels off.
Canna your dtr is just adorable ( as you know!)
Thx all for the pics you've posted.

My power point talk on seed collecting at the gardening workshop is this weekend.
Will any of you be flying in for this inspired event? ;-0
lol!
Karen/cheerpeople

Here is a link that might be useful: brochure

o

Hi everyone,

I have the baby so I am typing with one hand. : )

Just wanted to give MamaG. the recipe's I had....no bulbs necessary. ; )

Protein Bars - Chocolate

1 cups rolled oats
2 cup rolled oats chopped in blender or equivalent oat flour
5 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder (18g Prot per scoop)
8 egg whites
1 egg yolk
24 Splenda Packets
Cup Cocoa Powder (No sugar or milk powder added)
1 Cup Carb Countdown Milk
Cup Apple Sauce
Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 pinch of salt

Mix rolled oats, chopped oats (3 cups total oats), and protein powder in large mixing bowl.

In saucepan warm milk, splenda, cocoa, applesauce, and salt until fully mixed. DO NOT bring to boil! When it is fully mixed, mix in any extracts you used and pour over oat mixture and mix well.

Whip the eggs until white and foamy, almost to the stiff peak point and then mix into the oat mixture. After the whites are mixed add the single egg yolk. Mix well and let sit for 15 minutes so the oats can absorb the mixture. You can spray non stick spray on a cookie sheet and bake as cookies, or you can cook them in a cake pan like a big brownie.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 18 minutes. Take out and cool and separate into 6 servings.

Nutritional Breakdown 1 serving
Calories 305
Fat 6g
Sat 2g
Poly 1g
Mon 1g
Carb 35g
D Fib 6g
Prot 32g

These bars hold together really well and have the consistency of brownies. The secret is to whip the eggs long enough to incorporate air into them.
Orange Cranberry Protein Bars

1 cups rolled oats
2 cup rolled oats chopped in blender or equivalent oat flour
5 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (18g Prot per scoop)
8 egg whites
1 egg yolk
24 Splenda Packets
1 Cup Carb Countdown Milk
Cup Apple Sauce
Tsp Orange Extract
1 Cup Dried Cranberries

Nutritional Breakdown 1 serving
Calories 352
Fat 5g
Sat 2g
Poly 1g
Mon 1g
Carb 48g
D Fib 6g
Prot 30g

Directions are basically the same as above except you don't need to heat the milk. Mix the dry, mix the wet, and add the eggs.

*** Store in the refrigerator because it is made with eggs and milk. Make sure that it is cooled completely before placing in fridge.

Low Fat Cranberry Squares

1 C Cranberries -- washed & halved
1 1/4 C Sugar -- divided
1 C Flour
1/4 C Cornstarch
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
2/3 C Buttermilk
2 Egg Whites -- lightly beaten
1 tsp Orange Peel
Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Line 13 x 9" pan with foil; spray with
nonstick spray. Combine cranberrries with remaining 1 c sugar, foour,
cornstarch, baking powder, pabing soda and salt. Mix well and make well
incenter. Add milk, egg whites and orange peel; stir until smooth. Fold
in berries; spread in prepared foil-lined pan. Bake 20 - 25 min. Cool in
pan for 5 min; cut into 12 squares.

Cal 141.1
Fat 0.2 g
Carbs 33 g
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
Protein 2.2 g
Sodium 196 mg
CFF 1.5%

Apple Cranberry Nut Bars

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large egg whites
1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries OR raisins
1/4 cup chopped nuts
2 tablespoons flaked coconut (optional)

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
In large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir to blend.
Add buttermilk, oil, and egg whites; beat just until blended. Stir in apple, dried fruit, and nuts. Spread batter evenly in pan and top with coconut, if desired.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and cut into 10 bars.
Makes 10 Bars.

Protein 4g; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrate: 39g; Fiber: 2g; Sodium: 298mg; Cholesterol: .6mg; Calories: 232.

CRANBERRY BARS

3 scoops vanilla protein powder
3 tsp baking powder
8 teaspoons Splenda
4 eggs
1/4 cup of Flax Seed oil (or olive oil)
1/4 cup water
1 cup cranberries
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp lemon extract
2 tsp banana extract

Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts. Beat well & add to dry ingredients, mixing well. Add water and cranberries. Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix. Pour into Pam-sprayed square cake pan. Cook at 325 for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. May take longer to cook, depending on consistency of protein powder used. Cut into four squares.

20 grams of protein per bar, and 4.13 grams of carbs.

Cranberry Apple Oat Bar

Ingredients:
3 cups rolled oats
2 cups flour, all-purpose
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups brown sugar (can use a brown sugar substitute)
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup margarine, softened
2 cups cranberries, dried
1 cup apple juice
2 cups apples, peeled, cubed
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground

Directions:
Blend first 4 ingredients; set aside. Beat brown sugar, applesauce and margarine, in large bowl, on high until smooth. Stir-in flour mixture until crumbly. Press half into bottom of greased pan; reserve other half. Bake in preheated 350-degree F oven 15 minutes.

Place cranberries, apple juice, apples and cinnamon in small saucepan; soak 20 minutes. Boil over medium-high heat 5 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally. Spread hot fruit over crust; crumble remaining crust mixture over fruit.

Bake at 350 degrees F 20 to 25 minutes until light brown. Makes 48 bars.

Per serving (1 bar): 70 Calories; 13g Carbohydrates; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Fat (0g Saturated Fat); 1g Protein; 0mg Cholesterol; 115mg Sodium;

G., I looked up the South Beach Diet brand cranberry protein bars and it said the nutritional info. is as follows...

1 bar:
140 cal.
5 g. fat (2 sat.)
15 g. carbs.
10 g. protein

Is that what it says on your box?

I have quite a few recipe's for cranberry bars, but most of them don't have much more than 2-4 g. protein. The ones above had the highest amounts, but may have more or less calories, etc.
I also included a chocolate one. : ) Figured you'd like that one.

I have only made one of those recipe's but can't remember which one. I do recall them turning out pretty good. Good luck with them. I know how $$$ the ones in the store are. I'll let you know if I come across any other recipe's.

HUGS,
~Dawn (mamabirrd)

PS: I'll be back to catch up with all of you a.s.a.p.
Happy Friday!

o

Good morning all,
Just a quick note before going off to work.

I would love to post pictures, but I am such a knot head that I don't know how. Yes, Dawn, I know you sent me instructions. I gave them to Dan and he tried to explain them to me, I still don't get it. Help??!!??!!

We need a game! Hey Karen, thought any more about hosting a game for one of those paintings you do??? Have you all seen her work, it is AMAZING! I told her he needs to host a game for one, but she never emailed me back about it! I am serious here. Karen, once they see your work, they will be fighting over it, I promise! Oh and you will do just fine with your workshop! You are too smart, very charming and they will LOVE YOU! Stop worrying!

Dawn you are scary! If that is how you type one handed, I am just afraid of you girl! Now I really feel lame. All that would have taken me a day to type with 8 hands. Quite a visual is it? Yuck! Dan would sell me to the freak show! He's tempted now. Can't you see me standing here waving at you all! All 8 hands! Hey I could to the wave all by my self! That might not be so bad. Oh well!

Nancy, you can come get all the snow you want! I love snow, but the ice on top of it is sure making it difficult to move. I am so tired of shoveling ice chunks and sore! HOO! I need a hot tub!

For Dan and I, Valentines Day was a complete bomb. Spent the day shoveling. Stopped and got a pizza on the way home. My gift to him, still has not arrived and neither has his gift to me. I think they are stuck in the snow somewhere. While we were out, going to my mom's to shovel, we found a county highway truck stuck. This snow was just no fun.

G, I think she may have a point! Fostering a child is a great idea. Seriously, have you ever considered it? There are so many that need, just like the animals. And so many people just aren't interested in kids, they all want babies.

Have a great day!
Susan

o

the winnner is.....................
of the best box of bulbs ever recieved.....
the best hand picked and heart wanted bulbs....

our very own.....
super sweet
and super..
well how shall i say this next word....
womenly???
ill tell yah in a second...

foster child... guess what... yep, i was one... grandma dies when i was ten.. so i went to the state of calif. for three years, then placed in a foster home...
i have so many mixed opions.... and yes ill spare you...
id love that.... hubby would not.... hubby says.. let me enjoy growing old... whats that meani asked him once if he wished we had more kids... he said no and that hurt my feellngs... as our kids are awesome.. but of course....
and my three grandchildren adore him... adore.... so why not more...

dawn... thank you ten hundren times for those recipes.... i hunted on net and coould find nothing... yes dawn. thats what my box says also.. im just looking for exactly what you sent... low carbs hign protein////

ill make some and let you girls know which is best!
ok..
the winner is... carol!!!!!!
we had a tie going and dirtpig sent in the breaking vote!
now arent yah glad you vocalized so well what you did for valentines!!!!!!! major grins...
well done, our friend, well done....
email me you bulb chice and off we go!!!!!i would love for sharon to do a game.... ill take whatever that girl paints.... what yah say shapron???? hear us beggin????

o

A hem .... first I was thought of as 'Wild' .... that was Carol ... now I'm thought of as 'artistic' ... that is Karen I'm afraid. You don't want anything that I've painted. LOL

Congrat Carol on winning the VD bulbs!!!

sharon

o

Wow, Thankyou all for your votes, now my only worry is that dh will see it and I may actually have to do it, oh well bulbs are worth it, I love all bulbs. lillies are my favorite. thankyou little piggy for the tie breaker vote. I am happy happy happy, hugs to all carol

o

Good evening all,
We need a game and since I cannot talk anyone else into it....
Sorry, but I know about animals, so this set of questions is about dogs. Did you watch the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show??? I might help you, but all of the questions can be Googled. I checked them to make sure you can find the answers, since I know no one else is as obsessed with dogs as I am. Sorry, I know, I am lame, but this is the best I can do and you might just learn something! The prize you are playing for is a fluted cranberry glass napkin holder. As I told you earlier, I don't know how to post a picture, so if you would like to see what the napkin holder looks like, please email me and I will send you a picture. The first one to post all the correct answers wins. Have fun, Susan

DOGS
1.Name the only breed of dog to be named after a fictional character.
2.The Molossus was the predecessor that what group/variety of dogs.
3.A Rhodesian Ridgeback belongs to which category of hound? Sighthound or Scenthound?
4.Apart from being domestic dogs, what links a Dalmatian and a Pekingese? Hint: it's in the name.
5.Akita Inu, Sheba Inu, Tosa Inu: Inu means what?
6.What is the purpose for corded coat of the Komondor?
7.The game keepers night dog is what breed?
8.A Russian Wolfhound is now called what?
9.A Boar Hound is now called what?
10.The Berger de Beauce is also know as what?
11.A French Mastiff is also known as what?
12.A Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog is used for what task?
13.Boxers get their name from how they do what?
14.What is the purpose for all the wrinkles on the Shar Pei?
15.Greyfriar's Bobby was what breed?
16.What are the three acceptable coat colors of the Rough Coated Collie?
17.Is the short hair down the back of the Afghan Hound cut that way or is it natural?
18.The Alsatian is also know as what very popular breed?
19 The Rottweiler is generally believed to be descended from mastiff type dogs left in Germany by what invading army?
20. In its native Turkey, an Anatolian Shepherd must first earn his spiked collar by doing what?

o

OK GIRLS.. I have all the answers to the questions.... here they are..

right here...
.... ah.. not typeing to well...
here we go...

ahh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

oh lololololol
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
giggle giggle... you all are wayyyyyyy to smart for me!!!!

o

I still need #4, #14 & #19, send me an E-mail of all the ones I have wrong, I'm off to bed:)

#1-Dandie Dinmont Terrier
#2- Terrier
#3- Sight-hound
#4-
#5-Prefecture Dog, Small Dog, Fighting Dog, Dog
#6-Serves a dual purpose, for it not only protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep, which is a camouflage for the dog, but it also creates an impenetrable barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
#7-Bullmastiff
#8-Royal Russian Wolfhound
#9-Caravan Hound
#10-French Short-haired Shepherd.
#11-Dogue de Bordeaux, Bordeaux Bulldog
#12-herding, tracking, guarding
#13-Standing on thier hind leg's
#14-
#15-Cairn? Scottish Terrier? Skye Terrier,
#16-Black, Yellow and Chocolate,
#17- Natural
#18-German Shepherd
#19-
#20- Herding, but he better not get attacked by a wolf before he gets it.

o

Got to go to work Susan, but Question 14 intriquied me and I spent my few minutes on the computer this morning looking up that one answer. LOL

14. the wrinkles enable the dog to turn around and bite back. It was bred as a guard dog.

o

Anita, very good, but you have some wrong answers. I emailed you the numbers that were not correct.

Sharron, an curious mind is a good thing! (wink!)

Susan

o

Try again:)I'm sure I still have #4 wrong:)

#2- Terrier
#3- Sight-hound
#4- Spots?
#5-Perfect Dog, Small Dog, Fighting Dog, Dog
#6-Serves a dual purpose, for it not only protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep, which is a camouflage for the dog, but it also creates an impenetrable barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
#7-Bullmastiff
#9-Caravan Hound
#13-Standing on thier hind leg's
#14- Helps them turn around and bite back. Thanks Sharon:)
#15- Scottish Terrier,
#17- Natural
#18-German Shepherd
#19- Caesar's
#20- Herding, but he better not get attacked by a wolf before he gets it.

o

#2-Mastiff
#3-Sighthound and Scenthound
#4-? searched and searched but the only thing it may be is they both have 9 letters in their name???????
#6-8-10 inches long protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep and creates a barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
#7-Bullmastiff
#9-Caravan Hound
#13-Standing on back leg's
#14-Helps the dog to turn around and bite back
#15-Subartic breed
#17-Natural
#18-German Shepherd
#19-Roman armies
#20-Herding

o

Can I change #19 to Roaman Armies:) I am sure Shirley got it right & I could not find it:(
& I bet #4 is just that 9 Letters. Oh Susan this is a good one, :)Anita

o

You all are getting closer! I will email you both with the numbers you have wrong, you are on the right track. Susan

o

Barb, where are you, I thought you would be all over this one! I know you know dogs, you used to show! Susan

o

#2-Mastiff
#3-Sighthound and Scenthound
#4-? searched and searched but the only thing it may be is they both have 9 letters in their name???????
#6-8-10 inches long protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep and creates a barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
#7-Bullmastiff
#8-borzol
#9-plott
#10-rescue dog
#12-tracking and hunting
#13-Standing on back leg's
#14-Helps the dog to turn around and bite back
#15-skye terrior
#16-sable'white, white, tricolour, blue merle
#17-Natural
#18-German Shepherd
#19-Roman armies
#20-livestock guardians

Shirley

o
RE: UPDATE: 9400 posts! traveling

Whoops #20 is AKC Championship
#4 is tough still working on it.

o

On number 4, the answer is in the names of the breeds not the dogs themselves. Another hint for number 4: The Siamese cat also shares this distinction.
Susan

o

No 9. Great Dane
No. 10 Beauceron
No. 20 By making a first kill
Shirley

o

Another hint for number 4 because I know it is a hard one. The Dalmatian, the Pekingese, the Siamese cat, the Rhodesian Ridgeback, the Peking duck all have this in common. The only other thing I can say is, IT IS IN THE NAME.
Shirley you are doing wonderful! I'm very impressed!
Susan

o

Trying again:) Still stuck on #4, #19 & #20

1: Dandie Dinmont Terrier
2.:Blood Hound
3: Sight-hound
**4.Apart from being domestic dogs, what links a Dalmatian and a Pekingese? Hint: it's in the name. Color?
5:Perfect Dog, Small Dog, Fighting Dog, Dog
6:Serves a dual purpose, for it not only protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep, which is a camouflage for the dog, but it also creates an impenetrable barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
7:Bullmastiff
8.Borzoi
9:Great Dane
10.:Beauceron
11:Dogue de Bordeaux, Bordeaux Bulldog
12:Driving and rounding hogs
13:Standing on thier hind leg's
14.:Helps the dog to turn around and bite back
15:-Cairn
16. Sabel, Tricolor & Blue Merle
17:Natural
18.:German Shepherd
**19 The Rottweiler is generally believed to be descended from mastiff type dogs left in Germany by what invading army? Roman army
**20. In its native Turkey, an Anatolian Shepherd must first earn his spiked collar by doing what? AKC Championship?

o
One more try

1: Dandie Dinmont Terrier
2.:Blood Hound
3: Sight-hound
**4.Apart from being domestic dogs, what links a Dalmatian and a Pekingese? Hint: it's in the name. Sick people eat them?
5:Perfect Dog, Small Dog, Fighting Dog, Dog
6:Serves a dual purpose, for it not only protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep, which is a camouflage for the dog, but it also creates an impenetrable barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
7:Bullmastiff
8.Borzoi
9:Great Dane
10.:Beauceron
11:Dogue de Bordeaux, Bordeaux Bulldog
12:Driving and rounding hogs
13:Standing on thier hind leg's
14.:Helps the dog to turn around and bite back
15:-Cairn
16. Sabel, Tricolor & Blue Merle
17:Natural
18.:German Shepherd
**19 The Rottweiler is generally believed to be descended from mastiff type dogs left in Germany by what invading army? Roman army
20.Killing a baboon:) Just kidding, By making a kill.

o
This is no longer funny:)

#4 They are both dogs?

o
RE: UPDATE: 9400 posts daylilies

Maybe they are all of oriental background

o
RE: UPDATE: dog game 9400 posts! traveling daylilies

Yes, Anita, the Pekingese, the Dalmatian and the Rhodesian Ridgeback are all dogs. The Siamese is a cat and the Peking is a duck. They still have something in common and no it is not that they were all used as food. IT IS IN THE NAME!
Shirley you are getting warmer!
Susan

o
RE: UPDATE: 9400 traveling daylilies

Wellllllllll several of them have partial albinism

o

#4-The first accounts of them are only found in ancient cave drawings?

o

Let's see the
dalmation is from Croatian a province of dalmatia
pekingese is from China
Siamese cat is from Thailand
Rhodesian Ridgeback is from Africa
Peking Duck is from China
Hummmmmmmmm

o
RE: UPDATE: posts! traveling daylilies

Are all those considered the Eastern World? I know China is

Shirley

o

Good Afternoon!

I want to apologize for not posting a picture of Carols wonderful box she sent me. I came home yesterday with the flu and have had my head in the stool or a bucket ever since. I will try and post the picture tomorrow.

Sounds like everyone is having fun and I will catch up on the posts tomorrow.

Back to bed,
LIFE IS GOOD
Annie

o
Killing me to know the right answer

they all have I's N's & E's in the name's, oh Susan this is killing me here:)

o
RE: UPDATE: 9400 posts! daylilies

Anita she better tell us the answer, she just had to have fun with one of those questions....I have done NOOO housework today...I am in big trouble...DH has been outside working on the deck all day and I have been YESS on the computer.

o

Dalmatian has no E & Siamese has no N, so it cant be that, OK they all have I's in them.

Shirley,
I think she is trying to drive us nut's:)

o

You two are killing me! LOL! Shirley you are close enough! YOU WIN!!!!
I will send you all out an email with pictures and complete explanations, but here is the short version of the answers.

1. The Dandie Dinmont Terrier
2. Mastiffs
3. Debated, sight or sent
4. They are all named after a place that no longer exists/ that has beed renamed. Dalmatian- Dalamtia which is now Croatia, Pekingese and Peking duck - Named after Peking which is now Beijing, the Siamese cat- Named after Siam which is now Thailand, and the Rhodesian Ridgeback -Named after Rhodesia, which is now called Zimbabwe.
5. Inu means Dog
6. komondor coat, to protect from weather, predators.
7. Bullmastiff
8.Borzoi
9. Great Dane
10. Beauceron
11. Dogue De Bordeaux aka Hooch from Turner and Hooch
12. Catahoula, to rounding up hogs
13. Boxer, standing on hind feet and "boxing" with front
14. Shar Pei wrinkles, to allow movement even when being bitten in a fight.
15. Skye Terrier
16. Collie coat, Sable, Tri color, and Merle
17. Afghan hound, short hair on back it natural.
18 The Alsatian is The German Shepherd Dog
19. Roman
20. Anatolian Shepherd, to earn the spike collar, had to first fight and kill a wolf.

Hope you had fun! Susan

o
RE: UPDATE: 9400 posts! !traveling daylilies

OH Annie,
So sorry sweetie, hope you get to feeling better soon.
GREAT BIG HUGS!!!!
Susan

o

Annie,
So sorry you are not feeling good, get lots of rest & drink enough fluids to get better, :)

Shirley,
Way to go, great job.

Carol,
Congrats on the VD thing:) sorry I could not help myself, :)Anita

o
Thank you Susan:)

What a jerk I am to forget this:(,

SUSAN, Thank you so much for a great game, I loved trying, :)Anita

o
RE: UPDATE: 9400 posts! daylilies

Annie-So sorry to hear you have the flu. Hope good health is on the way. AS you can see Susan has had Anita and I solving a puzzle all day. Good one Susan and thanks so much but I feel bad Anita can't win also. But....Anita is the reason I wanted to win the glass napkin holder. She sent me a gorgeous glass daylily in a swap last year and I need the glass napking holder to sit beside it.

Shirley

o

What a great game Susan!! I'm bummed that I missed it. Way to go Shirley and Anita....awesome guessing. You guys were really busy today. : )

Annie...hope you feel better real soon! HUGS

Only have a sec., but wanted to mention that I just emailed the group. If you prefer not to see photo's of my bulging belly, please email me & let me know. : )

Night-night...
~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

you girls have lost your ever loving minds..... i could feel anita trying so hard to win... you all have cracked me up... anita do you have a room full of crossword books??? you ladies are very smart indeed!!!!!
congrats to shirley AND TO ANITA FOR A GAME WELL PLAYED.... AND NOW OUR VERY OWN CANNA IS GOING TO HEAD THE NEXT ONE UP????

CANNA, MAKE IT HARD TO LAST MORE THAN A DAY!!!!!!
YOU GUYS ARE GOOD!!!!
BACK TO WORK...

CAROL ARE YOU RESTED UP YET... GRIN!

o

Dawn,
I tried to make it hard! They did wonderful! Some of those questions were hard. Anita cracked me up! She was definately in there fighting! Too funny!

Hey Anita, do you like red glass? (I have a pair of red glass salt and pepper shakers with a thistle design that are my next prize.)

After Canna's game, AND Karen's!!! Are you listening KAREN! We are waiting for your game and the possibility of winning a painting, I will have another one on whales. I am working on it now. It will be easier than this one. I don't know as much about whales!

Annie, how are you feeling today?
Susan

Ps, Shirley, just in case you didn't get the email, I will send your prize out on Monday or Tuesday, depending on weather. Will send you the DC nunbers. You did good!

o

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I think I am beginning to feel better because I no longer need my "friend the bucket."

Sounds like everyone had a great time with the game on dogs . About the only one I got right on the first try was the color of collie........hehe I had one for 17 years!

Happy belated birthday to anyone I missed.

I wanted to share a picture of the wonderful box Carol sent me. Sorry it is dark, but see how well the picture of the wolves turned out. The card was beautiful carol, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'm glad I don't have to go to work til tomorrow night at 11 then after my shift I'm off till Friday night.

Dawn, I enjoyed seeing your baby collage. Isn't it the greatest feeling when baby is moving all around, and just think, it is a feeling we can only try to describe but I don't think there is a word that can describe it.

Anita, Maleah is beautiful, and I love her red hair. Boys will be knocking down your door, and the phone will be ringing off the hook before you know it.

I being lazy again today. I might sit and cross stitch for a while I've been working on a project called I LOVE ANTIQUES , COLLECTIBLES & COUNTRY THINGS.

Now who else is having a baby?

I hope I didn't miss anyone and if I did please forgive me.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Hello everyone! I haven't had a chance to read the posts in ages! I want to thank everyone for the e-card that was sent by Susan, on behalf of the group. My Snazzy was the most beautiful horse in the world. We had quite a journey together. She was so full of life, healthy & energetic until the end. I don't think it was "her time" as so many people have tried to convince me. I certainly was not ready to let her go. My precious daughter has been the greatest comfort to me. Thank you all for your kindness.
Canna, your daughter is GORGEOUS! I wonder if Talon will like older women??
Jenna (auntiebirrd)

o

Hey Jenna,
Glad to hear from you. Hope things are a little better for you. I do understand your loss. Thankful you have your daughter.

Annie, so glad you are feeling a bit better, the flu is a roughy, Dan and I a bout of something earlier around Christmas. It was NO fun at all.

As for the next baby..... Oh no, we are fixed, all of us! Dan, me, the dogs, the cats. Only the rats are not fixed and they are separated. Oh and then there are Dan's fish, they are always breeding! But that is about it from here, fish! As long as babies have fur, feathers, scales etc, I know what to do with them, I don't know what to do with human babies and they don't seem to like me very well. But that's ok PUPPIES LOVE ME!

Have a good night all. Be safe. Sweet dream.
Later,
Susan

o

Susan, I think I have a daughter like you. From the very beginning she never wanted to play with dolls ... only stuffed animals. Then as she got older she wanted the real ones. She is the reason I have the name 'toomanyanimals'. LOL
And she doesn't like to babysit.

I have a sister-in-law that 'put in writing' and had my brother sign that she would always be able to have a dog before she would marry him. I asked my brother what he asked for in return (he's not a big dog lover), he said, 'her undieing love' - he said with a smirk.

I've told my daughter to remember to do this whenever she gets married. It can be very important to some people. Of course she just rolls her eyes and says she won't base her marriage on being able to have animals. I told her, if he really loves her, he would be willing to have animals. ;o)

dogless sharon

o

Time for a Daylily Story ...

As you know I gather my own DL seed crosses from my garden. Well, last summer, while washing clothes, I noticed some DL seeds in the washing machine as I was putting in a new load. I gathered them up. Then when I was taking out the load from the dryer (this load would have been the load that left the DL seeds in the washer), I found several more in the dryer. In total I had 8 seeds that went through the washer and some went through the washer and the dryer. They were 'unknowns' since the paper I had put their cross name on had been turned into mush in the washer. I almost threw them away about 10 times. Finally, at the beginning of this month I was planting the last of my DL seeds ... and the very last thing I did was plant these 8 'washing machine' seeds.
Guess What! All 8 have germinated and are growing fine! If I get a DL good enough to registar from this small group I will have to name it 'Washing Machine'. LOL

o

Hi TDs!

Yes, I am still with you. I thought I had lost track of all of you. For awhile I was not getting any emails and could not get on gardenweb either. My computer was messed up. Things seem to be working OK again. I see I missed a couple of games. Congratulations to the winners....Carol, WOW! !How did the Valentine's swap go?

Dawn,Looks like baby Talon is growing!

Cute baby pics, everyone and Maleah gets cuter everytime I see a picture!

Sharon, What a daylily story! I do hope some of those turn out to be special! They must be survivors, to have gone through the dryer!

I am so sick of this winter!!!!!!! Today was actually above 32 and some of that nasty white stuff is melting!
Last week was the worst with below zero and wind chills, snow, etc. You folks east of here....take heart, the nicer weather is coming!

Keep the emails and posts coming! We all need something to get us through this winter! Mary

o

Sharon-Love the daylily story...Lets see, if you get a really good one out of one of the eight heres other names.
Washy Washy
Wash and Dry
Nice and Clean
Mr. Clean
Made It Through
What a Day
Sharon be sure and post pictures of the eight

Jenna-Glad to see you posting

Dawn-I can't get e-mails from you. Didn't see your picture. That is two of you I can't get e-mails from, you and Paul.

Shirley

o

I don't remember who has my name for the birds swap, but good news, I went to po today because the confirmation number on a rr said it was at my po, so I took the confirmation info and they brought out your pkg, they had not notified me it was there, so if it hadn't been for the confirmation on the rr I might not have gotten it, I was walking and it was heavy so I asked them to deliver tomorrow, I will post again then, just wanted you to know it was found, the other pkg has been there since the 12th so yours could have been also, sorry my po is mentally disabled. hugs carol

o

Carol I sent you the bird box 2 weeks ago and was getting concerned a week ago that it had gotten lost. That durn box cost $24 to mail and yes it is too heavy for you to carry while walking. It weighed almost 15 pounds (bird stuff is heavy). I telephoned my PO a week ago and they said to wait until Monday and check on it. I was gone to my sisters and just returned. Glad to hear it came. whew

Rebecca...Thanks for giving us our Maleah fix.

Susan...I am sorry I didn't get to play your game. I was gone to sisters...Congratulations Shirley. Nice try Anita.

Hi MaryS. good to hear from you. I knew you wouldn't leave us for long.

Marea...sending you something in the mail this week...keep an eye out...I don't want it to freeze and break (wink).

Eight baby calves this week. I have pictures if I ever get them uploaded, I'll post a few of them here.

Debbie

o

Debbie, i have short term memory loss from my stroke, sorry I didn't e-mail you today I knew it was debbie or diane but not sure which, post office better get it here tomorrow, I walked a block with it, then saw postage amt and thought for that amout they should at least deliver it so I went back and told them to deliver it. can't wait to see what is in it. I uncovered my plants today, they all look good Hugs carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here