Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: 9400 posts! traveling daylilies

brittneysgran
17 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one or more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Wow it's time for a new one.

Shirley

Comments (100)

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Good morning all,
    Just a quick note before going off to work.

I would love to post pictures, but I am such a knot head that I don't know how. Yes, Dawn, I know you sent me instructions. I gave them to Dan and he tried to explain them to me, I still don't get it. Help??!!??!!

We need a game! Hey Karen, thought any more about hosting a game for one of those paintings you do??? Have you all seen her work, it is AMAZING! I told her he needs to host a game for one, but she never emailed me back about it! I am serious here. Karen, once they see your work, they will be fighting over it, I promise! Oh and you will do just fine with your workshop! You are too smart, very charming and they will LOVE YOU! Stop worrying!

Dawn you are scary! If that is how you type one handed, I am just afraid of you girl! Now I really feel lame. All that would have taken me a day to type with 8 hands. Quite a visual is it? Yuck! Dan would sell me to the freak show! He's tempted now. Can't you see me standing here waving at you all! All 8 hands! Hey I could to the wave all by my self! That might not be so bad. Oh well!

Nancy, you can come get all the snow you want! I love snow, but the ice on top of it is sure making it difficult to move. I am so tired of shoveling ice chunks and sore! HOO! I need a hot tub!

For Dan and I, Valentines Day was a complete bomb. Spent the day shoveling. Stopped and got a pizza on the way home. My gift to him, still has not arrived and neither has his gift to me. I think they are stuck in the snow somewhere. While we were out, going to my mom's to shovel, we found a county highway truck stuck. This snow was just no fun.

G, I think she may have a point! Fostering a child is a great idea. Seriously, have you ever considered it? There are so many that need, just like the animals. And so many people just aren't interested in kids, they all want babies.

Have a great day!
    Susan

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

the winnner is.....................
    of the best box of bulbs ever recieved.....
    the best hand picked and heart wanted bulbs....

our very own.....
    super sweet
    and super..
    well how shall i say this next word....
    womenly???
    ill tell yah in a second...

foster child... guess what... yep, i was one... grandma dies when i was ten.. so i went to the state of calif. for three years, then placed in a foster home...
    i have so many mixed opions.... and yes ill spare you...
    id love that.... hubby would not.... hubby says.. let me enjoy growing old... whats that meani asked him once if he wished we had more kids... he said no and that hurt my feellngs... as our kids are awesome.. but of course....
    and my three grandchildren adore him... adore.... so why not more...

dawn... thank you ten hundren times for those recipes.... i hunted on net and coould find nothing... yes dawn. thats what my box says also.. im just looking for exactly what you sent... low carbs hign protein////

ill make some and let you girls know which is best!
    ok..
    the winner is... carol!!!!!!
    we had a tie going and dirtpig sent in the breaking vote!
    now arent yah glad you vocalized so well what you did for valentines!!!!!!! major grins...
    well done, our friend, well done....
    email me you bulb chice and off we go!!!!!i would love for sharon to do a game.... ill take whatever that girl paints.... what yah say shapron???? hear us beggin????

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

A hem .... first I was thought of as 'Wild' .... that was Carol ... now I'm thought of as 'artistic' ... that is Karen I'm afraid. You don't want anything that I've painted. LOL

Congrat Carol on winning the VD bulbs!!!

sharon

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Wow, Thankyou all for your votes, now my only worry is that dh will see it and I may actually have to do it, oh well bulbs are worth it, I love all bulbs. lillies are my favorite. thankyou little piggy for the tie breaker vote. I am happy happy happy, hugs to all carol

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Good evening all,
    We need a game and since I cannot talk anyone else into it....
    Sorry, but I know about animals, so this set of questions is about dogs. Did you watch the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show??? I might help you, but all of the questions can be Googled. I checked them to make sure you can find the answers, since I know no one else is as obsessed with dogs as I am. Sorry, I know, I am lame, but this is the best I can do and you might just learn something! The prize you are playing for is a fluted cranberry glass napkin holder. As I told you earlier, I don't know how to post a picture, so if you would like to see what the napkin holder looks like, please email me and I will send you a picture. The first one to post all the correct answers wins. Have fun, Susan

DOGS
    1.Name the only breed of dog to be named after a fictional character.
    2.The Molossus was the predecessor that what group/variety of dogs.
    3.A Rhodesian Ridgeback belongs to which category of hound? Sighthound or Scenthound?
    4.Apart from being domestic dogs, what links a Dalmatian and a Pekingese? Hint: it's in the name.
    5.Akita Inu, Sheba Inu, Tosa Inu: Inu means what?
    6.What is the purpose for corded coat of the Komondor?
    7.The game keepers night dog is what breed?
    8.A Russian Wolfhound is now called what?
    9.A Boar Hound is now called what?
    10.The Berger de Beauce is also know as what?
    11.A French Mastiff is also known as what?
    12.A Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog is used for what task?
    13.Boxers get their name from how they do what?
    14.What is the purpose for all the wrinkles on the Shar Pei?
    15.Greyfriar's Bobby was what breed?
    16.What are the three acceptable coat colors of the Rough Coated Collie?
    17.Is the short hair down the back of the Afghan Hound cut that way or is it natural?
    18.The Alsatian is also know as what very popular breed?
    19 The Rottweiler is generally believed to be descended from mastiff type dogs left in Germany by what invading army?

1. In its native Turkey, an Anatolian Shepherd must first earn his spiked collar by doing what?
  • mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

OK GIRLS.. I have all the answers to the questions.... here they are..

right here...
    .... ah.. not typeing to well...
    here we go...

ahh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

oh lololololol
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    giggle giggle... you all are wayyyyyyy to smart for me!!!!

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

I still need #4, #14 & #19, send me an E-mail of all the ones I have wrong, I'm off to bed:)

#1-Dandie Dinmont Terrier
    #2- Terrier
    #3- Sight-hound
    #4-
    #5-Prefecture Dog, Small Dog, Fighting Dog, Dog
    #6-Serves a dual purpose, for it not only protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep, which is a camouflage for the dog, but it also creates an impenetrable barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
    #7-Bullmastiff
    #8-Royal Russian Wolfhound
    #9-Caravan Hound
    #10-French Short-haired Shepherd.
    #11-Dogue de Bordeaux, Bordeaux Bulldog
    #12-herding, tracking, guarding
    #13-Standing on thier hind leg's
    #14-
    #15-Cairn? Scottish Terrier? Skye Terrier,
    #16-Black, Yellow and Chocolate,
    #17- Natural
    #18-German Shepherd
    #19-
    #20- Herding, but he better not get attacked by a wolf before he gets it.

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Got to go to work Susan, but Question 14 intriquied me and I spent my few minutes on the computer this morning looking up that one answer. LOL

1. the wrinkles enable the dog to turn around and bite back. It was bred as a guard dog.
  • axelsrose
    17 years ago

Anita, very good, but you have some wrong answers. I emailed you the numbers that were not correct.

Sharron, an curious mind is a good thing! (wink!)

Susan

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Try again:)I'm sure I still have #4 wrong:)

#2- Terrier
    #3- Sight-hound
    #4- Spots?
    #5-Perfect Dog, Small Dog, Fighting Dog, Dog
    #6-Serves a dual purpose, for it not only protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep, which is a camouflage for the dog, but it also creates an impenetrable barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
    #7-Bullmastiff
    #9-Caravan Hound
    #13-Standing on thier hind leg's
    #14- Helps them turn around and bite back. Thanks Sharon:)
    #15- Scottish Terrier,
    #17- Natural
    #18-German Shepherd
    #19- Caesar's
    #20- Herding, but he better not get attacked by a wolf before he gets it.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

#2-Mastiff
    #3-Sighthound and Scenthound
    #4-? searched and searched but the only thing it may be is they both have 9 letters in their name???????
    #6-8-10 inches long protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep and creates a barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
    #7-Bullmastiff
    #9-Caravan Hound
    #13-Standing on back leg's
    #14-Helps the dog to turn around and bite back
    #15-Subartic breed
    #17-Natural
    #18-German Shepherd
    #19-Roman armies
    #20-Herding

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Can I change #19 to Roaman Armies:) I am sure Shirley got it right & I could not find it:(
    & I bet #4 is just that 9 Letters. Oh Susan this is a good one, :)Anita

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

You all are getting closer! I will email you both with the numbers you have wrong, you are on the right track. Susan

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Barb, where are you, I thought you would be all over this one! I know you know dogs, you used to show! Susan

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

#2-Mastiff
    #3-Sighthound and Scenthound
    #4-? searched and searched but the only thing it may be is they both have 9 letters in their name???????
    #6-8-10 inches long protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep and creates a barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
    #7-Bullmastiff
    #8-borzol
    #9-plott
    #10-rescue dog
    #12-tracking and hunting
    #13-Standing on back leg's
    #14-Helps the dog to turn around and bite back
    #15-skye terrior
    #16-sable'white, white, tricolour, blue merle
    #17-Natural
    #18-German Shepherd
    #19-Roman armies
    #20-livestock guardians

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Whoops #20 is AKC Championship
    #4 is tough still working on it.

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

On number 4, the answer is in the names of the breeds not the dogs themselves. Another hint for number 4: The Siamese cat also shares this distinction.
    Susan

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No 9. Great Dane
    No. 10 Beauceron
    No. 20 By making a first kill
    Shirley

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Another hint for number 4 because I know it is a hard one. The Dalmatian, the Pekingese, the Siamese cat, the Rhodesian Ridgeback, the Peking duck all have this in common. The only other thing I can say is, IT IS IN THE NAME.
    Shirley you are doing wonderful! I'm very impressed!
    Susan

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Trying again:) Still stuck on #4, #19 & #20

1: Dandie Dinmont Terrier
    2.:Blood Hound
    3: Sight-hound
    **4.Apart from being domestic dogs, what links a Dalmatian and a Pekingese? Hint: it's in the name. Color?
    5:Perfect Dog, Small Dog, Fighting Dog, Dog
    6:Serves a dual purpose, for it not only protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep, which is a camouflage for the dog, but it also creates an impenetrable barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
    7:Bullmastiff
    8.Bor·zoi
    9:Great Dane
    10.:Beauceron
    11:Dogue de Bordeaux, Bordeaux Bulldog
    12:Driving and rounding hogs
    13:Standing on thier hind leg's
    14.:Helps the dog to turn around and bite back
    15:-Cairn

1. Sabel, Tricolor & Blue Merle
      17:Natural
      18.:German Shepherd
      **19 The Rottweiler is generally believed to be descended from mastiff type dogs left in Germany by what invading army? Roman army
      **20. In its native Turkey, an Anatolian Shepherd must first earn his spiked collar by doing what? AKC Championship?
  • nyvoices99
    17 years ago

1: Dandie Dinmont Terrier
    2.:Blood Hound
    3: Sight-hound
    **4.Apart from being domestic dogs, what links a Dalmatian and a Pekingese? Hint: it's in the name. Sick people eat them?
    5:Perfect Dog, Small Dog, Fighting Dog, Dog
    6:Serves a dual purpose, for it not only protects the dog from the elements and makes it appear to be a sheep, which is a camouflage for the dog, but it also creates an impenetrable barrier against the teeth and claws of predators.
    7:Bullmastiff
    8.Bor·zoi
    9:Great Dane
    10.:Beauceron
    11:Dogue de Bordeaux, Bordeaux Bulldog
    12:Driving and rounding hogs
    13:Standing on thier hind leg's
    14.:Helps the dog to turn around and bite back
    15:-Cairn

1. Sabel, Tricolor & Blue Merle
      17:Natural
      18.:German Shepherd
      **19 The Rottweiler is generally believed to be descended from mastiff type dogs left in Germany by what invading army? Roman army
      20.Killing a baboon:) Just kidding, By making a kill.
  • nyvoices99
    17 years ago

#4 They are both dogs?

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maybe they are all of oriental background

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Yes, Anita, the Pekingese, the Dalmatian and the Rhodesian Ridgeback are all dogs. The Siamese is a cat and the Peking is a duck. They still have something in common and no it is not that they were all used as food. IT IS IN THE NAME!
    Shirley you are getting warmer!
    Susan

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wellllllllll several of them have partial albinism

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

#4-The first accounts of them are only found in ancient cave drawings?

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Let's see the
    dalmation is from Croatian a province of dalmatia
    pekingese is from China
    Siamese cat is from Thailand
    Rhodesian Ridgeback is from Africa
    Peking Duck is from China
    Hummmmmmmmm

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Are all those considered the Eastern World? I know China is

Shirley

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Afternoon!

I want to apologize for not posting a picture of Carols wonderful box she sent me. I came home yesterday with the flu and have had my head in the stool or a bucket ever since. I will try and post the picture tomorrow.

Sounds like everyone is having fun and I will catch up on the posts tomorrow.

Back to bed,
    LIFE IS GOOD
    Annie

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

they all have I's N's & E's in the name's, oh Susan this is killing me here:)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anita she better tell us the answer, she just had to have fun with one of those questions....I have done NOOO housework today...I am in big trouble...DH has been outside working on the deck all day and I have been YESS on the computer.

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Dalmatian has no E & Siamese has no N, so it cant be that, OK they all have I's in them.

Shirley,
    I think she is trying to drive us nut's:)

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

You two are killing me! LOL! Shirley you are close enough! YOU WIN!!!!
    I will send you all out an email with pictures and complete explanations, but here is the short version of the answers.

1. The Dandie Dinmont Terrier
    2. Mastiffs
    3. Debated, sight or sent
    4. They are all named after a place that no longer exists/ that has beed renamed. Dalmatian- Dalamtia which is now Croatia, Pekingese and Peking duck - Named after Peking which is now Beijing, the Siamese cat- Named after Siam which is now Thailand, and the Rhodesian Ridgeback -Named after Rhodesia, which is now called Zimbabwe.
    5. Inu means Dog
    6. komondor coat, to protect from weather, predators.
    7. Bullmastiff
    8.Borzoi
    9. Great Dane

1. Beauceron
    2. Dogue De Bordeaux aka Hooch from Turner and Hooch
    3. Catahoula, to rounding up hogs
    4. Boxer, standing on hind feet and "boxing" with front
    5. Shar Pei wrinkles, to allow movement even when being bitten in a fight.
    6. Skye Terrier
    7. Collie coat, Sable, Tri color, and Merle
    8. Afghan hound, short hair on back it natural.
      18 The Alsatian is The German Shepherd Dog
    9. Roman
    10. Anatolian Shepherd, to earn the spike collar, had to first fight and kill a wolf.

Hope you had fun! Susan

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

OH Annie,
    So sorry sweetie, hope you get to feeling better soon.
    GREAT BIG HUGS!!!!
    Susan

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Annie,
    So sorry you are not feeling good, get lots of rest & drink enough fluids to get better, :)

Shirley,
    Way to go, great job.

Carol,
    Congrats on the VD thing:) sorry I could not help myself, :)Anita

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

What a jerk I am to forget this:(,

SUSAN, Thank you so much for a great game, I loved trying, :)Anita

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Annie-So sorry to hear you have the flu. Hope good health is on the way. AS you can see Susan has had Anita and I solving a puzzle all day. Good one Susan and thanks so much but I feel bad Anita can't win also. But....Anita is the reason I wanted to win the glass napkin holder. She sent me a gorgeous glass daylily in a swap last year and I need the glass napking holder to sit beside it.

Shirley

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

What a great game Susan!! I'm bummed that I missed it. Way to go Shirley and Anita....awesome guessing. You guys were really busy today. : )

Annie...hope you feel better real soon! HUGS

Only have a sec., but wanted to mention that I just emailed the group. If you prefer not to see photo's of my bulging belly, please email me & let me know. : )

Night-night...
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• mamabeargloria
    17 years ago

you girls have lost your ever loving minds..... i could feel anita trying so hard to win... you all have cracked me up... anita do you have a room full of crossword books??? you ladies are very smart indeed!!!!!
    congrats to shirley AND TO ANITA FOR A GAME WELL PLAYED.... AND NOW OUR VERY OWN CANNA IS GOING TO HEAD THE NEXT ONE UP????

CANNA, MAKE IT HARD TO LAST MORE THAN A DAY!!!!!!
    YOU GUYS ARE GOOD!!!!
    BACK TO WORK...

CAROL ARE YOU RESTED UP YET... GRIN!

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Dawn,
    I tried to make it hard! They did wonderful! Some of those questions were hard. Anita cracked me up! She was definately in there fighting! Too funny!

Hey Anita, do you like red glass? (I have a pair of red glass salt and pepper shakers with a thistle design that are my next prize.)

After Canna's game, AND Karen's!!! Are you listening KAREN! We are waiting for your game and the possibility of winning a painting, I will have another one on whales. I am working on it now. It will be easier than this one. I don't know as much about whales!

Annie, how are you feeling today?
    Susan

Ps, Shirley, just in case you didn't get the email, I will send your prize out on Monday or Tuesday, depending on weather. Will send you the DC nunbers. You did good!

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I think I am beginning to feel better because I no longer need my "friend the bucket."

Sounds like everyone had a great time with the game on dogs . About the only one I got right on the first try was the color of collie........hehe I had one for 17 years!

Happy belated birthday to anyone I missed.

I wanted to share a picture of the wonderful box Carol sent me. Sorry it is dark, but see how well the picture of the wolves turned out. The card was beautiful carol, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

{{gwi:2103469}}

I'm glad I don't have to go to work til tomorrow night at 11 then after my shift I'm off till Friday night.

Dawn, I enjoyed seeing your baby collage. Isn't it the greatest feeling when baby is moving all around, and just think, it is a feeling we can only try to describe but I don't think there is a word that can describe it.

Anita, Maleah is beautiful, and I love her red hair. Boys will be knocking down your door, and the phone will be ringing off the hook before you know it.

I being lazy again today. I might sit and cross stitch for a while I've been working on a project called I LOVE ANTIQUES , COLLECTIBLES & COUNTRY THINGS.

Now who else is having a baby?

I hope I didn't miss anyone and if I did please forgive me.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• auntiebirrd
    17 years ago

Hello everyone! I haven't had a chance to read the posts in ages! I want to thank everyone for the e-card that was sent by Susan, on behalf of the group. My Snazzy was the most beautiful horse in the world. We had quite a journey together. She was so full of life, healthy & energetic until the end. I don't think it was "her time" as so many people have tried to convince me. I certainly was not ready to let her go. My precious daughter has been the greatest comfort to me. Thank you all for your kindness.
    Canna, your daughter is GORGEOUS! I wonder if Talon will like older women??
    Jenna (auntiebirrd)

• axelsrose
    17 years ago

Hey Jenna,
    Glad to hear from you. Hope things are a little better for you. I do understand your loss. Thankful you have your daughter.

Annie, so glad you are feeling a bit better, the flu is a roughy, Dan and I a bout of something earlier around Christmas. It was NO fun at all.

As for the next baby..... Oh no, we are fixed, all of us! Dan, me, the dogs, the cats. Only the rats are not fixed and they are separated. Oh and then there are Dan's fish, they are always breeding! But that is about it from here, fish! As long as babies have fur, feathers, scales etc, I know what to do with them, I don't know what to do with human babies and they don't seem to like me very well. But that's ok PUPPIES LOVE ME!

Have a good night all. Be safe. Sweet dream.
    Later,
    Susan

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Susan, I think I have a daughter like you. From the very beginning she never wanted to play with dolls ... only stuffed animals. Then as she got older she wanted the real ones. She is the reason I have the name 'toomanyanimals'. LOL
    And she doesn't like to babysit.

I have a sister-in-law that 'put in writing' and had my brother sign that she would always be able to have a dog before she would marry him. I asked my brother what he asked for in return (he's not a big dog lover), he said, 'her undieing love' - he said with a smirk.

I've told my daughter to remember to do this whenever she gets married. It can be very important to some people. Of course she just rolls her eyes and says she won't base her marriage on being able to have animals. I told her, if he really loves her, he would be willing to have animals. ;o)

dogless sharon

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Time for a Daylily Story ...

As you know I gather my own DL seed crosses from my garden. Well, last summer, while washing clothes, I noticed some DL seeds in the washing machine as I was putting in a new load. I gathered them up. Then when I was taking out the load from the dryer (this load would have been the load that left the DL seeds in the washer), I found several more in the dryer. In total I had 8 seeds that went through the washer and some went through the washer and the dryer. They were 'unknowns' since the paper I had put their cross name on had been turned into mush in the washer. I almost threw them away about 10 times. Finally, at the beginning of this month I was planting the last of my DL seeds ... and the very last thing I did was plant these 8 'washing machine' seeds.
    Guess What! All 8 have germinated and are growing fine! If I get a DL good enough to registar from this small group I will have to name it 'Washing Machine'. LOL

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Hi TDs!

Yes, I am still with you. I thought I had lost track of all of you. For awhile I was not getting any emails and could not get on gardenweb either. My computer was messed up. Things seem to be working OK again. I see I missed a couple of games. Congratulations to the winners....Carol, WOW! !How did the Valentine's swap go?

Dawn,Looks like baby Talon is growing!

Cute baby pics, everyone and Maleah gets cuter everytime I see a picture!

Sharon, What a daylily story! I do hope some of those turn out to be special! They must be survivors, to have gone through the dryer!

I am so sick of this winter!!!!!!! Today was actually above 32 and some of that nasty white stuff is melting!
    Last week was the worst with below zero and wind chills, snow, etc. You folks east of here....take heart, the nicer weather is coming!

Keep the emails and posts coming! We all need something to get us through this winter! Mary

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sharon-Love the daylily story...Lets see, if you get a really good one out of one of the eight heres other names.
    Washy Washy
    Wash and Dry
    Nice and Clean
    Mr. Clean
    Made It Through
    What a Day
    Sharon be sure and post pictures of the eight

Jenna-Glad to see you posting

Dawn-I can't get e-mails from you. Didn't see your picture. That is two of you I can't get e-mails from, you and Paul.

Shirley

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I don't remember who has my name for the birds swap, but good news, I went to po today because the confirmation number on a rr said it was at my po, so I took the confirmation info and they brought out your pkg, they had not notified me it was there, so if it hadn't been for the confirmation on the rr I might not have gotten it, I was walking and it was heavy so I asked them to deliver tomorrow, I will post again then, just wanted you to know it was found, the other pkg has been there since the 12th so yours could have been also, sorry my po is mentally disabled. hugs carol

• budsnblooms
    17 years ago

Carol I sent you the bird box 2 weeks ago and was getting concerned a week ago that it had gotten lost. That durn box cost $24 to mail and yes it is too heavy for you to carry while walking. It weighed almost 15 pounds (bird stuff is heavy). I telephoned my PO a week ago and they said to wait until Monday and check on it. I was gone to my sisters and just returned. Glad to hear it came. whew

Rebecca...Thanks for giving us our Maleah fix.

Susan...I am sorry I didn't get to play your game. I was gone to sisters...Congratulations Shirley. Nice try Anita.

Hi MaryS. good to hear from you. I knew you wouldn't leave us for long.

Marea...sending you something in the mail this week...keep an eye out...I don't want it to freeze and break (wink).

Eight baby calves this week. I have pictures if I ever get them uploaded, I'll post a few of them here.

Debbie

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Debbie, i have short term memory loss from my stroke, sorry I didn't e-mail you today I knew it was debbie or diane but not sure which, post office better get it here tomorrow, I walked a block with it, then saw postage amt and thought for that amout they should at least deliver it so I went back and told them to deliver it. can't wait to see what is in it. I uncovered my plants today, they all look good Hugs carol