Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
intheforest

3rd Annual Seed Addicts Swap

intheforest
18 years ago

Thanks for looking...

This swap was a hit last year and gets bigger each year.

Any seeds are great: flower, shade, natives, veggies, etc.

Here are the guidelines:

Deadline for mailing to me will be February 28th, all seed packets need to be sent in by this time.

Please include:

* Return postage -same or more than it took you to mail (Minimum .63 for small and newbies).

* Address Label

* Garden web name

* List of what you sent and also wish list (maybe you'll get a wish or two?)

I will return seeds the 1st week in March or as soon as all seeds are in.

You can send duplicates, but only 2 of the same

seed if they are very common. You will receive the same amount of packets as you send in and any "Bonus" seeds . Anyone wanting to donate "Bonus" seeds please lable them as "Bonus" or separate them and I will distribute them to other swappers or newbies. Newbies should send postage and write newbie on envelope.

FYI -I can only include bonuses if you have adequate return postage to allow-you may want an extra stamp (ex-if it only took you .60 to send. but you sent 22 extra-lightweight pkts) often seeds from others can weigh differently due to way they are packaged/size of seed, too.

Happy sowing,

Abbey

please package & lable seeds well

Comments (57)

• MimiB1
    18 years ago

I participated last year and loved what I received. Please count me in! Brenda (MimiB1)

• plantas
    18 years ago

I would like to join, please send details

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Hi Abbey
    I would like to join, please e-mail me your address so I can send the seeds. Thanks
    Deanie

• pattygrow5
    18 years ago

Hi Abbey I would like to join.E-mail me address so I can send you seeds. Patty

• MimiB1
    18 years ago

Abbey, My seeds went out to you yesterday. Please let me know if you don't get them. We here in Post Katrina country are still suffering spastic mail service as well as other things! (I swear I am not complaining, just expaining)! I am soooooooooo looking forward to this RR. Thanks again for hosting! Brenda (Mimi)

• bonnie_nmi
    18 years ago

Hi Abbey -

I'm ready for another swap!! I still have lots of seeds to share. Thanks for hosting again.

Bonnie

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

My seeds will go out to you on Monday

• kellyinflorida
    18 years ago

Is it too late for another to join you?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Kelly

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

I would love to join. I am a newbie but I'm not sure how it pertains to the swap. Please email me the detals if there's still time to get in on it. Thanks!

• dem_pa
    18 years ago

I would love to join if there is still time.

Thanks.

• leaz7b
    18 years ago

Please count me in also. I will get my seeds to you next week. I will need your addy. Thanks, Lea

• botanicals4u
    18 years ago

I would like to join in if it is not too late. I have never joined in a round robin so please email me all the info I need to do it right.

Thanks,
    Carol (botanical4u)

• daffknee_2000
    18 years ago

I'd like to join if there is still room for one more.
    Email me the details please.
    Thanks
    Daphne

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Count me in too I will need an addy please?

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Sent mine last week have you gotten them yet?
    Hope you have a great week ahead.
    Toni

• pattygrow5
    18 years ago

I will be putting my seeds in the mail tomorrow on the way to work. Patty

• shadyside
    18 years ago

Hi Abbey--If it's not too late, I'd love to join in--please forward your address--thanks--Susan

• luv_hollyhocks
    18 years ago

I would like to join too! =)

• mogardening
    18 years ago

I'd like to join in, I haven't been in a seed swap before.
    How many seeds to a packet? This sounds like fun!
    Kate

• intheforest
    Original Author
    18 years ago

If your email is blocked, please email me direct &
    include your email-thanks.

We have a few days left to join-lots of great seed already in!!!

Thanks
    Abbey

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Sent mine a while ago. Hope you got them :)

• threeshyacres
    18 years ago

Hi Abbey,
    Just a note to let you know that my seeds went out in today's mail. I hope I'm not too late. They should reach you shortly.
    Thanks for hosting this swap!
    Sincerely,
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'

• luv_hollyhocks
    18 years ago

Hi Abbey.Just to let you know I sent my package on Saturday.. =)

Luv_hollyhocks

• daffknee_2000
    18 years ago

Abbey,

Sent my seeds out to you priority today. They should reach you in a day or two.
    Daphne
    daffknee_2000

• intheforest
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think most are in so the work begins this weekend and will mail sometime next week.
    Abbey

• plantas
    18 years ago

Thank you Abbey.

Plantas

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Thanks, can't wait!

• pattygrow5
    18 years ago

Thanks abbey can't wait to dig in and your seeds will be on their way tomorrow from my swap. Patty

• intheforest
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I hope to get them out yet this week, but it is going much slower than expected. A month ago the twins hit some 2 1/2 milestone where they became that terrible 2 I always heard about-yikes! My little bit of free time is non-existant now-they won't even take their naps anymore (just 5 wks ago they were taking 2 1/2-3 hr naps.
    I am making steady headway though (and may have a nap solution).

Seeds will be out soon-lots of great stuff
    Abbey

• intheforest
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I got them all to the PO b/f they closed at 10:30-Yeahhh! Got a little rushed at the end so hope I didn't make any duplicates/mistakes.

Hope you all enjoy-
    Abbey

• mysticmoon
    18 years ago

Cool beans cant wait I bet you did a great job.

I will post when they get here.

• daffknee_2000
    18 years ago

Will be watching for them and will post when they arrive.
    Thanks for hosting this Abbey, this is my first round robin and it is very exciting. I hope to participate in many more.
    Daphne

• pattygrow5
    18 years ago

Hi Abbey, I got my seeds today what a great selection I can't beleive how many things you sent that I don't have Thanks for all your hard work and doing such a good job!!!!
    Patty

• dem_pa
    18 years ago

I received my seeds today, too. Thanks for doing a great job and being a great host.

dem_pa

• bonnie_nmi
    18 years ago

My seeds came Tuesday, Abbey. What a great variety - many totally new to me, plus some of my "wants." Thanks again for hosting.

Bonnie

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

Thanks Abbey, received my seeds today and I got a really great variety - thanks for a great swap!

• luv_hollyhocks
    18 years ago

Hi Abbey, I received my seeds today too.Thanks for hosting this swap..I got alot of variety of seeds..I also got some of my wants..Thanks again! =) Have a happy gardening this spring!

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Ok, now I can't wait for my mail to come. Not until 4pm, ugh.

• threeshyacres
    18 years ago

Good Afternoon Abbey and fellow gardeners,
    Well, I got my seeds this morning, and like everyone else, I am pleasantly surprised. There was a great variety of seeds, and I received several that I was very pleased to get...especially HH 'Creme De Cassis', some special dianthus, salvia, asters, etc....I could go on.
    Thanks for hosting this swap, Abbey...and thanks to all for sharing your cherished seeds!
    Happy Almost Spring,
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• plantas
    18 years ago

Hi, I recieved my seeds, just in time for spring.
    Abbey, thank you so much, for being such a great host.

Plantas

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Has anyone else not received their seeds yet?

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Has anyone else not received their seeds yet?

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Oops, sorry I thought it rejected my first post.

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

I'm still waiting for mine also. If they don't show tomorrow I'm sure they will be here by Monday or Tuesday.

• leaz7b
    18 years ago

Abbey,

I got my seeds yesterday!. I appreciate all the hard work you did, and wanted to say a special "thanks" for the Verbascum chiaxi album. What a special treat!!

Lea

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Hi Abbey
    Received my seeds today, thank you so much for the great selection. You did a great job, I will be planting them tomorrow.

• patrob
    18 years ago

My seeds arrived yesterday. Thanks so much for putting together a good swap. I received several on my want list and a nice variety. Time to plant!
    Patricia

• tastefullyjulie
    18 years ago

Got my seeds, thank you! A few I am excited about are the rose campion, plains coreopsis, and wild geranium from my wish list.

Thanks again, this was fun and will do again next year!

• mogardening
    18 years ago

Thank you so much for hosting the swap and thank you to everyone in the swap, I now have some flowers to plant!!
    Sorry I didn't post sooner, I was out of town when the seeds arrived. Thank you again!
    Kate

• daffknee_2000
    18 years ago

Abbey,
    I received my seeds yesterday. Thank you for hosting such a great swap. I can't wait to get out to the greenhouse and start planting. I am especially excited about the Kiss me over the garden gate, zebrina malva, and the amaranthus.
    Thanks again, I can't wait til next year.
    Daphne