Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vic_zn5

new: mnf - march madness!!

Vic Billings, MT
15 years ago

{{gwi:1251005}}

Ok everyone, it's time for the madness to begin!!

Are you all ready?????????

I know spring is getting closer (at least we all hope!) and everyone is itching to get outside and play and plant. So we are going to keep this pretty simple and easy! : )

Rule #1 ANYTHING GOES!!! (well, ALMOST anything, Dan and Mark, you two just settle down!)

Rule #2 You must put something in your box that is just plain crazy and has to do with gardening. Let's see who can come up with the wildest, funniest, or most unusual garden item/decor! (Feel free to be creative and make one yourself, homemade items are always fun to get!)

Rule #3 Since spring is almost here and everyone is finishing up their Winter Sowing, at least 5 packs of seeds will be included also.

Rule #4 Lets keep it simple and fun!

Rule #5 Sign up until March 2nd, partners (or however I decide to do it : ) will be posted on March 3rd

Rule #6 Boxes must be mailed by March 23rd.

Ok! Lets get the brownies out and pass the tea!

And just a note, I am having some computer issues so if I am not on every day that's why! Sorry....

Vic

Comments (151)

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I see your white flag Nikki...hehehe! Why is it that when anyone hears the words "go postal" it gets real quiet in the room? Hmmm

Anyway, Nikki, hears a brownie for ya, and an iced tea from Long Island. Let's take our food over by Linda and "help" her out with her package for Kamil, want to? LOL!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Nope Dan, it's not a totem, tho that's on my to-do list for my own garden this summer :P The glass ones are gorgeous!

Here's a hint... there's an 'n' in the name of what I'm sending you... :P:P

~Wendy

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Heh, you think everyone going quiet is bad everywhere else, try living in the city where it all happened... better yet... working in the station that it happened in! Cliff works in the same station where it happened and several of the people there were actually there when it happened.

Kathy~ Peeking in :P

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

oh Kamil's box is coming along very nicely..."rubbing hands together and snickering"....

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Linda, the peanut butter is supposed to be in a jar, not used as packing material... and what's up with all this silly string? can I borrow that can? thank you! ***spraying everyone with silly string now...hehehe***

oops! dropped my brownie! oh well, 5 second rule!

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hey, it's crunchy..I thought it would take being bounced around better!..."blowing cat hair off brownie"..there you go Dan, you missed one!

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Linda's box is coming together nicely, still need to find some things to put in...and I need to find a biggar box.

Kamil

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok Well, I must confess...I have been a major slacker and have not started putting my partners box together although I do have ideas.
    I also need to contact her because I haven't heard anything from her at all in days. Has anyone else heard from Marie/wynative??? YOUUUU WHOOOO MARIEEEEEE, WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUU????

Ok, I am gonna stop slacking and start working on this box...hmmmm, thinking now, always a dangerous thing for me.

Hello everyone how the heck are you all? I see Dan is up to his usual self! Linda, still passing out those brownies/cookies and drinks? I don't want want the brownie Dan dropped, he can keep that one :D!

:) Fran

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hey Fran, what's a little cat hair among friends?.."G"

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Everyone!

Sorry to be the Invisible Hostess this month! I keep thinking things are settled down a little and next thing I know I'm way behind on stuff! But, I thought I would take a quick break and get caught up and have a nice cold....

(or two)hehe

Linda, I was going to tell Fran it was ok and I would eat the brownie with the cat hair, but I see Dan didn't hesitate to scarf that one down! If you could pass me another one it would be greatly appreciated!

Fran, how is it going?? Are you getting settled in yet?

There have been some great boxes rec'd! Dan and Alana you guys do great work! I would love to see the bird house you made Alana!
    I'm working on getting my box together hehehe...

Well, my quick break has been cut to an even quicker one! So much for catching up on the other threads!

See ya all later! Don't eat all the brownies without me! Please!!!

Vic

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

I'm back...have been out of town for a few days before I leave again. I always seem to miss the brownies...................do they have nuts?? I will only eat brownies with lots of nuts but "dog hair nut brownies" are cool...dog hair in the frosting, in the cake........wherever is fine with me! Corn beef and cabbage is on the table in an hour, one day early......a chunky, thick, brownie with cashews, pecans and dog hair sounds good post corned beef!! LOL!!

Mark, my man..............I am putting your box together and will have in the mail probably Wednesday. I will post the DC# after I send!!

Annie

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Annie, I know what you mean about pet hair in the food! With my two cats rolling around all the time, it's stir once, blow twice around here! LOL! Both cats are maine coons, which means a lot of hair in the house. It also means a lot of vacuuming. Fortunately though, the yound one, Stella, is just about 5 months old and is only beginning to get the long hair. Bump, or His Majesty, will be 2 in July, and he's definitely got that long-haired look!

Wendy, that seed order finally arrived, so I'll be sending out a smaller box to you on Monday. Which color mandevilla did you want? I've forgotten, and I'm blaming that on the brownies! hehehe Anyway, pink or red?
    And, you say there's an "n", so I'm going to change my guess to windchimes. But don't tell me if I'm right, I like this guessing game!

Linda, if you're going to insist on using peanut butter as your packing material, you should at least mix in some grape jelly. Kamil can use the cardboard box for his sandwiches instead of bread. It'll give him more fiber in his diet! LOL!

Vic, do you have any more of those twisted ice teas? If so, I'll take one! It's gonna be a long day...

-Dan

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"making another batch of brownies with nuts"..Hey Annie...wonder where you got too!

Vic, care for a brownie with nuts?

Dan, with all these animals I have, I am constantly wiping off counters, tables and floors! Can you say Dyson?

And yes, I'll have to add the jelly to the packing material, I found out that Kamil doesn't like just peanut butter..."G"

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

NOO NO NO NO!!!!!

No jelly!!!! I ablsotutely hate peanut butter and jelly, along with the color pink....!!!! I only like chocolate and peanut butter!!

Kamil

PS: Dan, maybe Wendy is sending you a gnome or goblin?

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hmm..."taking out the pink peanut butter and jelly"...guess that's a no go, huh?

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I know what we'll do Linda, mix some guacamole and mashed bananas up with the peanut butter. Kamil can't say he doesn't like it because he's never had it before! In fact, I doubt any of us has! muhahahahahahahaaaaa!

And, when you say you're "making another batch of brownies with nuts", who's making them with you, and why are you calling them nuts? If they're helping you do the cooking, I don't think you should call them names, even if the name does apply! (GRIN)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

sorry all, I took a day 'off' yesterday from the computer..lol

Dan Either color was fine I told ya to surprise me :)
    *also nope on the windchime, gnome and goblin :P

Hugs everyone,
    Wendy

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Is it a witch for his halloween garden?

Tammy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

LOL!
    Wendy, you're gonna have everyone guessing before it's over! Perhaps I should wait a few days after it gets here to tell everyone what you sent! Or, what that be cruel and unusual???
    Hmmm, now that I think about it, this is March Madness, right? So maybe what I'll do is let you know I received everything Wendy, and make the others wait a day or two, just tease them and let them know I got your box, but not tell them what you sent for awhile. What do you think?
    -Dan

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

LoL it sounds like pure MadNessssssss to me :P

I'm cool w/ that! You'll probably wanna take a pic to share tho, I haven't seen many of these so people are definitely gonna talk! I just hope noone ever steals it! :P

and nope Tammy, not a witch!

:)

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Mark...my man...I can not say that your package was "madness", in fact it was not!!! But it did go out in the the mail today!!

DC#....0307 3330 0000 9510 1339 sent from zip 92812

Annie

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I live in a good neighborhood, so I'm not worried about anything being stolen. I'm just hoping I find the time to get out into my garden this summer! All the rural mail routes have been re-evaluated, and it looks like I'll be working on mine 6 days a week now. The numbers haven't been finalized yet, but that's the way it's looking. So, if anyone tries to get in the way of my gardening on Sundays, they'd better think again! My garden is where I rejuvenate, so it's not a good idea to get between me and my garden! hehehe
    I think I'm going to stop guessing about what it is you're sending Wendy. I know it'll be cool, whatever it is! Unless of course, you feel like giving me another hint? I already know it comes in a long, but not too long box, and has an "n" in it's name. Hmmm, maybe I will keep guessing!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Well, I did receive a box of plants today, but it was a bunch of plants I'd ordered from e-bay. In it were 3 more ruby red mandevillas, a tillandsia aeranthos (air plant), and a wart plant with some babies. I think I'd have to say that I'm officially addicted to mandevilla vines. They've got very tropical-looking blooms which are set off by their glossy, dark-green leaves. And to think that just 12 short months ago, I didn't even know this plant existed! I'm glad I do now! Here are pictures I found on photobucket of what I received today...
    Mandevilla...
    {{gwi:76298}}
    Tillandsia Aeranthos...

Wart Plant...
    {{gwi:1251020}}

Also, I received an e-mail today about how to clean your computer screen from the inside, which apparently you're supposed to do about every 90 days. I've listed below the website about it for all of you.

Hope you're all having a great day!
    -Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: How to clean your computer screen

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

so THAT"S why my computer screen is dirty!..shhesh! I would've never thought of that!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

LOL!

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! I've had a very good last few days! Cliff took Wednesday off and he and the boys started building one of my raised veggie beds out of cinder blocks from blocks his Mom had just lying around. We went to Home Depot to order the rest for that bed and the second one he's making me as well as supplies to re-roof the gazebo that the high winds we had this winter tore all the canvas off of. The beds will be approximately 4x 14 ft planting space with the blocks for me to sit on and be able to reach in and garden! I'm so much more excited about spring knowing that I will actually be able to garden, at least the veggies, rather than just sitting and pointing while someone else plays in the dirt and with my plants! The boys and Cliff will take care of the flowers this year since I can't do it.

Cliff's brother and Sister in law, for those who don't know, after five years of trying to get pregnant, they finally adopted two little boys and the old saw about as soon as you do, you'll get pregnant, well, it proved out. Before the adoption was even final, they found out that she was expecting- got pregnant a month after they got the boys! :) Well, Atticus Walker made his appearance yesterday morning at 9:30 am! He's adorable and has a head FULL of hair!

Dan, I'm really glad that your route moved up! Cliff's didn't change, and we're fine with that. At least it didn't go down after they had cut some of it before count. His hours went up a little, though, so that will be helpful :)

For those wondering, still no word on whether I'm going to have to have the back surgery. I finish physical therapy next week and see the orthopedist on the 26th. So we'll see where it goes. The muscles are looser, so I'm moving about a lot better, compared to a month ago, but I'm still having a lot of pain and problems. I'm trying to be optimistic, but we'll see what happens.

On a good note- I'm going to post April's swap sometime next week, if that's alright with everyone. That way there's time for sign ups and everyone will have time to put together awesome boxes for their partners before the mailing deadline.

Is that alright with everyone? Linda? We'll keep everyone chatting here and having a great time, just another thread for just sign ups for April. I want to do it a little early so I don't forget in spending time with our new nephew and playing in my new gardens!

Kathy

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Ahhh..chatting...isn't that a fun pastime? I know on Wednesday it was in the 70's and I had on SHORTS! Today it's back in the 40's and cold..brrr...I think I'll have a lazy day today and just browse through a few more catalogs...what's that? Haven't I enough seeds?..."G"...

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Hey everybody! I have a corn sprout and a spinach sprout!..."dancing all around"..I'm SOOOO excited!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

What a cutie, Kathy! Tell your family CONGRATULATIONS! :O) What a BLESSED family they are!!
    Zero to 3 in less than a year!
    WOW!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Tammy, I am late and will be mailing your box tomorrow, you should also be getting a small pkg from me directly from park seeds also. sorry I am late. seem to be feeling my age this month. Linda has been leaving the special ingrediant out of the brownies. dan I need your special brownies. they have more of a kick. anyone want some of this incessant rain ? soaked carol

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

CAROL!!! Here's a whole pan of special brownies, just for you!!! Ignore the one missing from the corner, will you? I had to make sure they were good enough for you, didn't I? This pan should have a nice kick to it, I put three times the usual "oregano" in them! hehehe

And, if you'd like, you can send that rain this way. It would take away the last bits of snow we have, and I'm sooooo tired of looking at that icky white stuff!!!

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Annie,

WOW! got my package today. what a cool wacky package.

Got a chocolate fix baggie: HUGE snickers, Hershey bar, m&m's, milk chocolate bar, corn nuts.
    a slim food grader,
    cook towel
    a pink pack for my feminine side: a cool flower flag for my drive way and a WAY COOL pink t-shirt. That will look AWESOME with my black shirt when I sing on the praise team in church!
    Huge bag of dahlias
    skin so soft hand cream (don't worry! I won't let any of the guys see me use it!)
    A perfect T-shirt for a science teacher: I am a Fun Guy with a mushroom (fungi, get it!)
    pack of seeds for Micah: Lamb's Tar, California Poppy, Catnip, Purple Bell Shrimp Plant, snap dragons, Lemon Queen Sunflower, Cosmos "ladybird lemon"
    protect the earth recycled post it notes
    plant labels,
    two sharpies
    tons more seeds
    peat pots and
    chapstick!

Way cool package. Thank you so much!!!!

Vic, I got so burried in the Cut That Out Swap and then a busy week at school, you box is only 3/4 done. It will go out on Monday.

Mark

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Mark, Annie always sends cool packages! You got some awesome stuff..."G"

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Mark...I do bet you look perrrrttttyyyy in pink!!! I was "considering" something else for your "fun attire"..... in the garden, around the house or where ever. I might have gotten in to trouble with your wife or here on GW. Let's put it this way, I might have been pushing the envelope..... My idea of fun has gotten me in to hot water before, even with people I know personally. I suspect it would have been perfect for you.....I think!!! I must pick one up pick one up for my husband!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am out of town...must run!! Have a great weekend!! Hello Linda!!!!!! Have you WS anything yet??????

Annie

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Carol,

That is fine we are both late. I decieded to add something else to your box and me and daughter have been working on it ;-) You should like it. I was planning on sending it out friday but did not get it out. If you want to wait until next week to send the package please take your time because I probably won't get mine out until tuesday.

Tammy

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Wendy, I'll be sending out a small package to you tomorrow. It'll have seeds and a mandevilla vine in it... still deciding what color to send... LOL

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Hi Annie! Yes I did and I have corn and spinach sprouts! I"m excited!.."doing handstands"

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning!!

Here is a rec'd list, I hope I didn't miss anyone. Seems just about everyone is at the deadline this month in mailing! (Myself included! LOL)

Mark/markcase sends to Vic/vic_zn5

Vic sends to Annie/canyonwind

Annie sends to Mark **(REC'D)**
    Fran/ncgardengirl and Marie/wynative

Linda/lindaruzicka and Kamil/kamiljablo

Wendy/sassybutterfly**(REC'D)** and Dan/dan_the_mailman

Carol/veeja11 and Tammy/greenthumbgrow

Nik/nikkineal**(REC'D)** and Alana/poisondartfrog

Kathy, he is adorable! What a head of hair!

Mark, no rush on the box! I've gotta get Annie's done also!

Dan, here ya go, *holding up a nice cold Twisted Tea* trade ya for a brownie!!

Gotta go get the house cleaned up and some more seeds sorted : )

Later,
    Vic

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay, got the last thing for Kamil's box..."stuffing it in and quickly closing lid and ignoring the rustling"..it will be going out tomorrow!

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ***smacking my lips*** that tea just tastes fine! oh yeah!

I went out to my parents' house this morning for a visit, and would you believe I not only came away with some atlantic giant punkin seeds, but also a couple of potted cantaloupe plants? LOL! 'twould seem that word of my "obsession" is getting out to the general public, I'd say!!! LOL! the seeds are so I can grow some pumpkinds big enough for the cats to play in, and the cantaloupe were because they are going on an extended visit with my younger sister on April 6th. And, I get to keep the pot the cantaloupes are in! Oh yeah!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi all! I hope everyone is enjoying the outside as much as I am this weekend. Alana, part of yours is coming straight from the company. I will let you know when they send me the delivery confirmation. The rest of your box will go out the first of the week. I hope you enjoy your goodies! Nik

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Hi Annie,

Next package! Send away!!!!!!

Mark

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Wendy, I'm sending out the second part of your stuff tomorrow.

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Thanks Nikki! I am looking forward to it.
    Alana

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay Kamil..here's your confirmation number...#0308 1400 0000 7230 1640..hope you like everything!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Dan your box is going out tomorrow, I'll post a DC# after it's done. Met with some glitches today so I couldn't get to the p.o. this afternoon!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Alana, Your box went out today via UPS. The tracking number is 1zR076A20348020382 with an expected delivery date of Wed, Mar 25. Please let me know when it arrives and that everything is in tact:) Nikki

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Thanks to Dans great brownies, I have your box all packed and will mail tomorrow, sorry I'm late, but the lazies had me. hope you like it and that your seeds from parks arrive soon. thankyou for the brownies Dan, you make the best. sending lots of rain as a thankyou, someone send me some sun please. soaked carol

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

I'll take the rain, I was doing a little raking today and found out that the garlic Paula and I planted last fall has already grown to about 3 inches! Yeah!!!

***getting a little nervous about that box from Wendy***

Wendy, check your e-mail. You've got another box coming as of this morning...

has the April swap been posted yet? Bump is getting anxious about his first time hosting a swap and keeps wanting to post the May swap, but I keep telling him "Not yet, Bump, not yet."

• Vic Billings, MT
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! Boxes are flying!!! And of course, the host is late getting her's out! Sorry Annie! I'm hoping to get it in the mail by Wed at the latest!

Will someone PLEASE let out a BIG YELL for me?!? I've lost my voice today, it started out just squeaky and raspy, now I am down to barely a whisper! I never realized how much I talk! LOL! AND, I've never had this before and never knew how straining it is to try and talk with no voice! I am trying some home remedies *grabbing the last tea back from Dan* Sorry Dan, but I am ill and need medicine! hehe
    Maybe we can get someone to go for a "tea" run!

Sprouts!!! Does anyone else besides Linda have sprouts?!?! Should I have them already? We are still getting temps in the 20's some nights! We got 4" of snow last Tuesday morning, and by 2:00 it was almost 60 degrees out and it had all melted! They are calling for more of that icky stuff all week!

Well, I'm gonna go get Zack ready for bed, he thinks this is just great that I can't talk and of course Jamie is out of town so there is no here to "enforce" what I whisper and he keeps saying "what? I can't hear you!" GRRRRR!! Did anyone get more tea yet!?

Vic

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH