Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonechickchris

UPDATE: Totally Tomatoes Thread for Sent Envelopes and Received

bonechickchris
15 years ago

This Thread is for you to track when I SEND your envelopes out for the Totally Tomatoes Swap.

This thread is ALSO for you to leave comments when you RECEIVE your envelope too.

Please let me know when you receive your envelope!

Usually with the Incredible Edibles/Heirlooms, we list what we got from our partners for others to see. However, since this swap is different than usual, I do not expect you guys to post every single tomato that you receive. But you can say what your favorites were or what variety that you got that you are excited to grow, etc. etc.

Thank you! Christy

Comments (90)

• danincv
    15 years ago

OH NO!! Earl, you are shaking the foundations of my sanity. Where I grew up it was Nyaah Nyaah, Nyaah Nyaah Nyaah (sort of Iambic Pentameter- see Mrs Porter, I did learn some of that stuff). It wasn't until I met my wife (well, she wasn't my wife when I met her) that I encountered this (blasphemous) neener, neener, neener thing. I think I was raised properly and feel your sentence should have been "Butt, Nyaah, Nyaah, I got my seeds today". (I'm not sure on the count on the "u's" and the "t's" in your spelling of "Buuuttt".

And, yes Christy, while you are away working a bunch of us are having fun dancing around on your thread.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

ROFL!!! You all are so silly! I'm not feeling so alone with my "sillyness" now. haha

• slo_garden
    15 years ago

I posted this already but it didn't take (Hmm...). I got my seeds today! Thank you so much, Christy. I really appreciate you working so hard to locate one of my wants. I'll grow it out and send you seed at the end of the season.

• northernmich
    15 years ago

danincv

Here is a link that might be useful: neener neener

• plantman50
    15 years ago

I spent the weekend planting tomatoes seed that I had on hand. Today I received my package from this swap. I now have twice the amount to plant. So, next weekend will be filled with early planting also. Thank you for this swap. plantman50

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Guys! I got back late last night. Nice to know that you guys had soem fun while I was away! hehe!

I have some envelopes I did while away that are going out today, and I will post which ones made it out in the mail later.

Be back later tonight! Christy

• turkeytaker
    15 years ago

Woohoo! Got my envie today, and have some new flavors to play with this year. Thanks so much, Christy!

When's the next swap planned? ;)

• dirtdiggin
    15 years ago

OHHH MYYY!!! I Got my SPECIAL Envie TODAY!!!!! There are so many different types of seeds...I didn't know there were that many I didn't have lol :) Got a BUNCH from my wish list!! This was a WONDERFUL treat!!!!!!

Thank you SOOOO Much Christy!!!! In fact, there were two types in there that I had received from another trade...that didn't germinate! Not sure if they were killed in shipping or if they were poorly stored or if they were even old seed. Not sure as they were from a trade, but now I'm excited!!!!I was going to have to see if I could find them somewhere in a hurry, have been looking but nobody has them...but now I don't have to find them...YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!

Toni

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Christy, Many, Many thanks to you for the wonderful selection of tomato seeds I rec'd today!!! And the extras of the others!! I am thrilled with them all so very much!!
    And you sent me the german red strawberry and the orange strawberry!!! My dad really wanted to try these and now I can grow them for him (and Me!!)
    Thanks also to everyone who sent seeds in so we could all have so many different types to try!!
    This will definitely be one to do again!!
    Thanks so very much! Melinda

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am so glad that everyone is happy so far with their loot!

These envelopes went out today

Heather from Canada
    Kirsti (thehills) from Canada
    Patti1957
    Apaullo

I am working on danincv, randar08, flowerpowernc,and growlikecrazy and hope to have them out tomorrow.We'll see what I can get done tonight!

Please remember to post when you recieve!!!! That is all I ask so I know that they got to you ok!

Thanks!!!! Christy

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am just bumping up the CORRECT tomato thread. This is the current thread for all posts!

I have done last night and and going out today

danincv
    randar08

Still working on a few that may make the box today also!
    Christy

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I got these done tonight to go out in the AM:

Opie12
    kilngod
    growlikecrazy
    flowerpowernc
    Southerncharm

Will let you know if I get any others done tonight. My husband asked me today when will I be done with these envelopes because he wants his wife back! LOL!
    Christy

• danincv
    15 years ago

Hey, Christy, you said you got my stuff out so tell him you're back! Take some time off and the two of you get happy (if you can keep that big bruiser you posted pictures of out in the pasture somewhere).

Sorry y'all I'm just trying to keep Christy from burning out after a big Valentine's workout. I'm sure you are all as patient as I was. I'm very patient now that it's between me and the USPS and waiting for Christmas.

Thanks, Christy.

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Dan!

I meant to tell you that you hit my son's self right on the nose! he is almost A year younger in that pic than he is now, but he is ripped and full of muscle. He is not skinny by no means, but has no baby fat. He has a six pack! What the heck? on a 3 year old?
    He has the most muscular legs, calf muscles are huge! he hops on his toes all the time! Really, I never saw such muscle definition on such a young kid! Really scary!
    He is the most loving child, and always kisses and hugs and loves, but when he plays with us, he kicks our butts!
    He truely beats us up without meaning it! It is crazy!
    So yes, you are totally correct on calling out my son! LOL!

Now, I know you guys will really give it to me. My wedding anaversary was on the 8th. Did you know I fogot until the next day? But it was because I did not know it was the 8th when it was the 8th, I thought it was only the 5th.
    And my husband totally forgot all together. So how crazy! I am so good with dates, so it is really hard for me to believe that I did not know what day it was. I feel so awful. where is my mind? (well, it is in the tomato gutter!haha!)And then I had to work hard playing in Atlantic City on Valantines day and the whole weekend, so total craziness

Anyway, I thought that would be a funny thing to bring up! I will give you all another update tomorrow!

Christy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Awww Christy! Honestly that happens a lot to people. Hopefully you both will enjoy the celebration of your marriage at a different time. :) It will work out. :D

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

Hey all, been without a pc for the past two days. Just wanted to stop in with a big thanks to Christy and everyone else who sent in seeds. I got home Tuesday night and had decided I was going to plant half a flat of tomatoes under lights. Imagine my shock when I found a package from Christy in the mail! I didnt even know she had sent them yet! So, I planted them the same day I got them LOL. I had NO IDEA that I had over 60 varieties of tomatoes, I thought I had half of that. I planted one of each variety in my half flat, and still have over 20 packs unplanted. I dont know if I have room to plant more!! thanks so much guys, I loved everything!

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey, does anyone have any WhiteZebra and or Big Zebra tomatoes seeds to share? I am just looking for a couple to plant this year.

Got those envelopes out today. Will try to work on some tonight too! Christy

• gr8atweeds
    15 years ago

Rcv'd my packet.
    Lots of good varieties. Thank You

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Going out Friday AM:

Mayeeta In Canada
    Haymay
    Claylady
    KamilJablo

I can't believe that I am almost there! My husband will be happy to get the coffee table back! (well and the end tables, kitchen table, floor, LOL!)

Hopefully I will be done with everyone's envelopes by the middle of next week!
    Christy

• country_gardener
    15 years ago

Hi Christy,
    Just wanted to let you know I did receive my envy ( Tuesday, ) and was very happy with the variety, the bonus seeds were great( can't wait to try the pasillo bajlo pepper). This was an awesome swap, Thanks to all !!!
    Bonnie

• danincv
    15 years ago

Whoo Hooo I received my envelope today! That thing set some sort of record getting here- I've had things mailed from 400 miles away that took 2 days- this was NJ to CA in 2 days. Great varieties, too. There's even one, Precoce Marmande, I was about to add to my wish list. Amazing. Thanks Christy and thanks to all of you great people with strange nicknames who joined in this swap.

• patti1957
    15 years ago

Christy,

I received my envelope today. I don't know how you did it but I got so many from my wish list and so many more that would have been on my wish list had I known I wanted them before today! Thank you so much Christy and all you fellow swappers for helping make my wish list a reality. I know you don't know who you are but I do!!!

Patti

• randar08
    15 years ago

Christy,

I received my envelope. Thank you so much for the great selection you sent me. I truly appreciate the time and effort you took to make this exchange such a success. I salute you and all of the generous tomato crazy participants. I especially enjoyed the creative packaging some of you used. Christy, the extra hard to find varieties are treasures. A great swap, I'm glad I had the opportunity to be a part of it.

Thanks again!

Randy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

just a little bump... :D

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So you all know , I am finishing up the last envelopes! With the exception of LisaM_ohio_zn6 and grovespirit whom I have spoken with,

All other envelopes should be out tomorrow!
    This includes:

enwife
    strmywthr3
    douglasls
    ejmoore

I can't believe I am at the end of the list!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Post when you recieve! I have spent lots of time to put these all together, and to make sure I gave special, personal attention to each and every envelope. All I ask in return is to let me know that you have recieved them, whether happy or unhappy.

Thanks guys!!!! I'll post again tomorrow! Christy

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bump:)

PLease don't forget to post when you recieve your seeds!!!!!

• opie12
    15 years ago

I received mine today :-) What a great variety, thanks so much :-)
    Melissa

• haymay
    15 years ago

got mine today, fantastic assortment, lots from my want list too!!! what a great swap, thank you so much

-jim

haymay

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump:)

• zztopsoil
    15 years ago

My Tomato Seed Package has Arrived.
    Seems to Have Taken it's Time, but...Well Worth the Wait.
    Thank You Christy...Muchly Appreciated.

ZZ.

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Got my seeds thanks!

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah, I sent your envelope out a long time ago ZZ, I have heard from others that the mail has been slow in certain areas. I sent a box out for one of the swaps, and it took almost 2 weeks to get there. And I went to the PO and everything so it would get there quickly.
    Now I sent an envelope to California, East Coast to West Coast, and it got there in 2 days. DOnt ask me how that happened?
    Christy

• flower_power_nc
    15 years ago

Hi all received my seeds today.
    Thank you so much and for the extra's.
    I need to get my mind in the dirt,
    And not on the divorce I am trying to get through.
    Happy gardening everyone.
    Debbie

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

YEs! Recieving seeds are all happy times! I am glad you like them Debbie!
    Please post here when you recieve! Thankyou! Christy

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I received my seeds too, hurray for Christy! She did an awsome job, I'm nuts over tomatoes now , I've only learnt that there are more than 6 types of tomatoes in the world since Dec 31 -08 when I discovered everyone here on GW, and now I can say I have an honest to goodness collection of at least 50 tomatoes, they are my new best friends! Thanks to Christy and thanks to you all for sharing your tomatoes with me! Chris

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Awww! I'm so glad that you could stumble upon us crazy seed addicts! :) Christy is one of the best isn't she?! :D

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bump!
    Please post when you recieve! Thanks!

• kilngod
    15 years ago

WOWIE ZOWIE!!!

I got suuuuper ones!

My extra-huge favorites in my pack:
    Black Zebra
    Dr. Wychee's Yellow
    Black Cherry
    White Wonder
    Matt's Wild Cherry
    Indian Moon
    Hillbilly
    Northern Lights
    Big Rainbow

Christy, thanks so much for the extras and all your work in getting these packs sorted for us. And thanks to everyone who sent in seed for this swap. What a winner!!

:)
    Tina

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thankyou Tina!

Please post guys when you recieve. Most of the envelopes should have arrived to everyone by now! Christy

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kirsti, from Canada told me she recieved her seeds. I know that you can not post on here from Canada.

I know a lot of you must have recieved your seeds by now! Please post so I know they got to you ok.
    Waiting for a foot of snow to fall here! Thanks! Christy

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Heather from Canada recieved her seeds.

Anybody else? Christy

• douglasls
    15 years ago

Thanks to everyone. I got mine today! Can't wait to plant.
    Lisa

• strmywthr3
    15 years ago

I'm still waiting for mine. I'll let you know when they get here.

Barbi

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Nothing yet for me.

Joan

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Mine aren't here yet either but I am sure they will be worth the wait! :)

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Grovespirit, I emailed you :)

Joan and Barbi, I sent your envelopes out sometime last week, so I would think they would be there very soon. The mail has been wacky lately, I sent envelopes to from NJ to California and it took only 2 days! Now I sent an envelope to someone in Pennsylvania, which is only a couple of hours away from me, and it took a week and a half!!!!

But please let me know when you do get them. If you dont get them by the end of the week, I will see if I can check on them in some way.

Please, there are a bunch of people that I havr not heard from yet whose envelopes I sent out weeks ago. Please let me know that they got to you ok! Thanks!
    Christy

• strmywthr3
    15 years ago

My package arrived today. great selection.

thanks christy for your hard work!

Barbi

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Hey! I started some tomato seedlings a week or two ago. They're coming up nicely. I went to a store yesterday that was a little out of my way to look at seeds and they were already SOLD OUT of tomato seeds! All of them! Glad I have my seed!

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Received a wonderful envy packed with tomato seeds from Christy yesterday! Thanks again for including me.

Joan

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

My package arrived recently. Awesome seed selection. I was delighted to see so many things I had asked for in my BE!

Yay!! Now I can go remove a bunch of tomato varieties from my want list! :)

Many thanks to christy for her generosity and her time!!