UPDATE: 2nd annual whats left on my want list flying

pattygrow5
17 years ago

Well most of them are on their way except for

grovespirit-I needed to verify her address

pnjoy- I had to add some seeds as a bonus from our previous trade

stagerats- I had to put them in a larger envie

these will be mailed tomorrow

I wish I would have known before I walked into the post office that I could have got confirmation numbers with the stamps I put so many stamps on your envelopes It would have cost the same for confirmation but I dropped most of them off at the one post office in the morning but the ones with the confirmations I took after work. I'll know next year.

Here are the numbers for those

Bobbie 0306 2400 0000 0272 1072

Tina 0306 2400 0000 6637 9882

Lisa 0304 1560 0001 0315 7707

Sue 0306 3030 0003 2066 5081

Thanks all of you for joining I had a good swap last year this one was even better you all sent some great seeds for everyone you are a great bunch of traders. I can't wait till next year and remember my favorite part is when you post here to say you got your seeds and if you were happy or not be truthful. Thanks all. Patty

Comments (54)

• andrea81
    17 years ago

Thank you Patty for all of your hard work and effort. I am sooo excited!! This my last seed robin of the season and I can't wait :-)

Andrea

• sandysgardens
    17 years ago

I too can hardly stand it. The anticipation of the envy arriving is very exciting. I would love to be able to see everyone's faces when they reach inside their mailboxes and pull out the ENVY! I always wonder what the mailman/mailwoman thinks when they drop off the seed envy's. Hmmm

Thanks again Patty and everyone!
    Sandy

• monipsych
    17 years ago

Well I'll be the first to say "I got it, I got it!" Since I'm only 20 min away I could have driven down to pick my packet up. ;) I've only done a brief inventory. But I'm overwhelmed by seeds. Many from my wants, and some I'll have to Google. Again Patty thanks for the amount of time that you took with this swap!
    Monica

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

ooooo I just can't wait till I get mine!!
    my mail carrier asked last summer what all the envies were for and she could not beleve anyone would need that many seeds. I had to laugh, we don't need them, but we rilly want them.
    I went to home depot to get soil for winter sowing and the bags were all frozen, they did not have any inside the store. so now I have bags of soil in the kitchen thawing.
    michelle

• clawskeeter
    17 years ago

I can't wait! Thank you, Patty, for all your hard work hosting this swap, and to everyone for participating! I'm looking foward to receiving my envie -- it will be a bit of brightness in this cold winter!

clawskeeter

• pnwjoy54
    17 years ago

Oh, I'm so excited to see what I'll get. And it's coming at the best time!
    I finally started my winter sowing last night and plan to do more each evening until I get everything sown.
    Thank you so much for all your hard work Patty. This has truely been the funnest swap I've ever been envolved in.

Joy

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Mine just arrived in the mail, the contents are sprawled out on my kitchen table as we speak. The seeds are amazing, thank you everyone for the wonderful varieties, and thank you to Patty for all your hard work, I hope you got some amazing seeds for yourself :)
    I'm gonna go spend hours looking at these all now :)
    YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    -Elizabeth

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

Mine arrived today! thanks all for the seeds and especially to patty for the hard work putting the packages together!

Barbi

• zabecc
    17 years ago

I'm especially excited about all the wonderful varieties of Clematis that people sent me.
    A MILLION THANK YOU'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• carolyn18810
    17 years ago

I got mine today!!! Thank you everyone for the wonderful seeds! I can see pots and pots of petunias and impatiens all through my front yard and into the back yard. I started my wintersowing a couple of weeks ago and I can't wait to add these seeds to my winter and spring sowing lists!

Patty - you are the greatest - Thanks so much for hosting. Last years' swap was a lot of fun, but you beat it hands down with this years swap!

Happy Gardening and see you all on the web

Carolyn

• astilbebstillz6a
    17 years ago

Got mine today and all I can say is WOW! what a great swap. Love 'em all. And Patty, you bet I'll be joining again next year, are you kidding?...lol...Special thanks to you and to all the wonderful participants. You just made my day!...Marylee

• mnwsgal
    17 years ago

I am echoing Elizabeth's response:

"Mine just arrived in the mail, the contents are sprawled out on my kitchen table as we speak. The seeds are amazing, thank you everyone for the wonderful varieties, and thank you to Patty for all your hard work, I hope you got some amazing seeds for yourself :)
    I'm gonna go spend hours looking at these all now :)
    YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    -Elizabeth"

I need to scoop them off the table now. Will likely sort them on the floor later. Thanks everyone. Will post again once I see what all is here.
    Bobbie

• andrea81
    17 years ago

I received my seeds today! THANK YOU to everyone for all of the seeds you sent me. I got a lot of things on my wish list and also some things that I didn't even know about :-)
    A special thank you to Amanda for all of the foxgloves!!!

Thank you again for hosting Patty!!

Andrea

• flower_power_nc
    17 years ago

Sounds like Christmas is here again.........
    My mailman told my hubby I had been
    checked out by the postal services
    because of all the seeds and plants
    I send and receive. Makes me feel special.
    Hope you guys get all you were looking for
    and more.....

• fairydancer
    17 years ago

Got my package. Thanks so much Patty and all the participants.

Deb

• kilngod
    17 years ago

Gah-Goyng!!! This package is simply amazing! I can't believe that I received soooo many super seeds.

Thank you to everyone for sending things for me. Thank you extra Patty, for sorting through all these packs.

This was my first group swap, and frankly, I can't imagine anything ever being better than this windfall. I had so much fun searching people's lists & finding things for you all, and now this is the icing on the cake. You couldn't keep me away from next year's swap with a baseball bat. Will be there with bells on.

--Tina

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Hi-
    I was wondering if who ever sent the lupnius albus seeds would be able to tell me more about them? I couldn't find any info on them online and was wondering about their hardiness zones etc.
    -Elizabeth

• nlb52
    17 years ago

got my pkg. today , i,m very happy with all that is there , thanks to each and everyone , and especially Patty for all her time and hard work to put this all togeather for us . Nancy Bragg Nlb52

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm glad all who have received are happy I have worked overnight at my job for the last couple of nights and I finally got to the post office today I got a couple of packs back I didn't put enough postage so I took them with the others and have confirmation #'s so you can keep track of them
    pnjoy-0307 0020 0002 6145 3298
    romando-0307 0020 0002 6145 3281
    wishdesign-0307 0020 0002 6145 3328
    grovespirit-0307 0020 0002 6145 3311
    patrob-0307 0020 0002 6145 3274
    stage-rat-0307 0020 0002 6145 3274
    sorry for the delay but now I know they will get to you
    Patty

• pnwjoy54
    17 years ago

Thanks Patty. I'm even more excited after reading comments from everyone who's gotten theirs.
    Christmas is almost here. Yeah!

Joy

• sandysgardens
    17 years ago

Holy Moly what a package found in my mailbox today! I too am very happy and excited with the seeds I received. I got sooooooo many things on my wish list!!! Patty you're right on what you said in your note that I won't have to buy a pepper seed for a while. A quick count and I believe I received at least 13 differnt types of HOT peppers, 4 sweet peppers and 1/2 doz tomotoes. Not a single type alike or the same as any I already have. It's like everyone knew what to send. Will be cooking up some HOT salsa this fall!!!

Everyone - please pat yourselfs on the back, you all did a fabulous job, making some wishes happen. You too Patty.

Wishing everyone many fabulous plants and blooms for this summer and many summers to come!!

Happy Gardening
    Sandy

Any hints on how I plant my water lotus seeds!!!

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Patty, Patty, Patty! You needn't have worried at all - I, for one, am absolutely THRILLED with everything I received. It's such a wonderful assortment and so many of my wants received. I know how much work this was for you and I definitely appreciate it. I can't wait to join next year's - thanks so much!

• clawskeeter
    17 years ago

I received my package today, and all I can say is WOW!!! What a wonderful variety of seeds, and so many of my wants! thank you everybody -- especially Patty, for all your hard work! I'm thrilled with my envie!!

clawskeeter

• sunset_in
    17 years ago

I received my package today. Wow!! I am so happy with everything I received. I received so many of my wants. Thank you Patty for all the hard work. You did a great job. Thank you everyone for all of the great seeds.

Karen
    (sunset_in)

• moonphase
    17 years ago

o pooey mail has run and I still have not received mine.I am so impatient here,seems like I have been waiting forever..
    moonphase

• romando
    17 years ago

Isn't Patty the best?

LOL
    Okay, here goes:
    zabecc-- I'm the one who sent the lupinus albus. It's also sometimes called lupini bean, but it's a process to make it edible. It looks lovely as an ornamental, though! Here is a website (though I apologize; it's in French) with some pictures: (cut and paste)
    http://www.vet-lyon.fr/ens/nut/webBromato/cours/cmprotea/preselup.html

Here goes my feeble translation: "The white lupin is cultivated in mediterranean countries. In France, it is much cultivated because it is very adaptable to all land conditions. The flowers are white or bluish, the seeds are flat, round, and the color of cream."

andrea81-- You're very welcome! I love collecting as much as I can from my favorite types of flowers; I know how it is to want that certain one!

sandysgardens-- I'm the culprit on the water lotus seeds also. Here's a link:
    http://www.alchemy-works.com/nelumbo_lutea.html
    This website specifically talks about the yellow lotus, but it works with all types of lotus. Method is the same.

I haven't yet checked my mail today; maybe it's here and I don't know it! (stepping away from the computer...)

Amanda 'romando'

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Patty...this has to be one of the finest swaps I've ever participated in! You have done a wonderful job organizing and coordinating everything! Can I sign up for next year yet....just kidding, but you can count me in if I'm still on this earth! I have received some varieties that I have had on my list for a long time (years?) so I was really excited that I received some of my long time wants! I loved everything and I really appreciate the thoughtfulness that was very apparent with the people who shared their seeds with me. Even the packs I received only a couple of my "most wanted" seeds were very much appreciated so...thank you Patty for everything and thanks to those who shared with me! - Lisa

• flower_power_nc
    17 years ago

What a way to end leaving at 1.00.
    Going home and getting envie full of
    seeds. My husand asked why so many people
    send that many seeds. He has never gotten
    that many out of our mailbox before. Thank
    you guys so much. I know a lot of planning went
    into all the seeds that were send...
    Thank you Patty for all your hard work..
    Staying up late and going through over 1000 +
    pack of seeds...Heart warm Thank You from
    me...Hope everyone enjoys planning.
    Time to play in the dirt............
    And I am a proud Mama of 6 healty Cho. Lab. Puppies
    This week. What a week.........
    Debbie

• mnwsgal
    17 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the great seeds. I have gone through them all and have most of them catalogued and filed. What a delight to find some of my most wanted ones included and to read up on some new ones that will be added to my gardens this spring.

Patty, your work has been fruitful. This has been a great robin. I will be watching for the 3rd annual what's left on my wish list robin in the fall.

Amanda, I also appreciate the info on the lupinus albus seeds.

Bobbie mnwsgal

• kilngod
    17 years ago

I'm still just stunned....in the best way.

• moonphase
    17 years ago

I haven't even got mine and I am oohhing and aahhing over everything you all post.Wow,a water lotus..you are one lucky gardener sandygardener.They are gorgeous.Patty,I know you are exhausted and I just know my seeds will be great.I thank you for being a very great host.I am so excited,this is better than xmas to me....lol
    moonphase

• flowersandbirds4ever
    17 years ago

Mine arrived today and all i can say is thank you so very much! I had alot i wanted and alot i didnt know i want -then i got a huge trade list to trade with wow-what a swap Im in next year Great job Patty thumbs up at ya Rosie

• patrob
    17 years ago

Thanks, Patty, for the update. I'll look for mine next week. I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this great swap. (Go ahead and sign me up for next year's! lol)

Patricia

• pnwjoy54
    17 years ago

Reading everyone's posts has got me so excited.
    I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be getting mine this weekend. And I'm hoping that everyone else that are still waiting does to.

• zabecc
    17 years ago

amanda, thank you so much for the lupinus albus info, I'm not sure if it will grow up here in the cold north... but I'm definitely going to give it a shot, they sound GORGEOUS!!!
    Thanks so much!!
    -elizabeth

• ggwrn
    17 years ago

I received my package today! Thank you everyone for the great seeds, and thank you Patty for all of your hard work. I've already sown about half of the seeds!

Ginger

• wishdesign
    17 years ago

My package came in today too! Thank you Patty for all your hard work and everyone who sent such great seeds! I can't believe how many things I got from my wish list. I'm going to be busy winter sowing tons of containers tomorrow!

--Jean

• kilngod
    17 years ago

Does anyone recognize this seed name - "gosenia"? (google's giving me nothing)

It's a narrow type seed, not more than 1/4" long, a bit curved, with tons of white fuzzy hairs all along it as long as the seed itself.

Just trying to get my germination info sorted. The writing looks clear, but maybe I'm looking at it funny. would love any help on this one.

Thanks!
    Tina

• sandysgardens
    17 years ago

Amanda - thanks for the website on the lotus. I have done what the instructions have told me to do (nick and soak in warm water, etc) and will hope for the best. Also the site said they are hardy to my zone 4!!

Will be spending most of today winter sowing and sowing under the lights!!!!

Sandy

• pnwjoy54
    17 years ago

My package came yesterday but I didn't get the chance to open it until today because I was out of town until late. Wow! I can't believe how many wonderful seeds I got. And I can't believe how many I got from my wish list.I'm overwhelmed and overjoyed!
    Thank you all for helping to make this the best swap. And thank you Patty for hosting this and for the extras you sent me from our trade. I love everything you sent.
    I'll be joining next years swap for sure.

Patty, Do I owe you postage? I don't remember how many stamps I sent, But you sure had to put a bunch on my package so I'm worried I may not have sent enough. I'll gladly send more to cover any you had to use from your own stash. Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Joy

• threeshyacres
    17 years ago

Thank you, Patty...and to all of the gardners who fulfilled so many wishes. It's very heartwarming to read all of the above messages. I think we will all be looking very much forward to next year's swap.

Thanks so much...it was a wonder and a delight!

Sincerely,
    Jodi B.
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• romando
    17 years ago

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited! I got my package today, and there were so many cool things in there! I know my wishlist is ridiculously strange and hard to find stuff, but I really got some things I had really wanted to have! I want to really thank (saying 'really' too much?) everybody for all of the wonderful things which you all took the time to put in for me! And thank you, Patty, for all of the work I KNOW this was for you! This was a really fun swap.

Amanda 'romando'

(really)

LOL

• patrob
    17 years ago

My big, fat envelope arrived today, and it is better than Christmas! I was in the middle of cooking when DH brought it in from the mailbox, and he wanted to open it. I let him look first on the condition he would not read me the info on each packet as he looked. I thank all of you who sent your special seeds for me and filled so many of my wishes. And a special THANKS to you Patty for making this the best swap ever! Now if I could just ditch everything else and spend a week or so in the greenhouse planting seeds. Hmmmm

Patricia

• stage_rat
    17 years ago

I think I'm the only one who hasn't received her envelope! :(

Patty, I tried using the tracking number, and you accidentally copied the # for patrob's package. Do you still have the receipt with the numbers, by any chance? I'm glad you got the delivery confirmation--I think having the sticker on the package makes the post office pay a lot more attention to it. And, do I need to send you some postage to cover the delivery confirmation? I forget how much extra postage I sent.

Thanks!

• moonphase
    17 years ago

Patty,I received my envie and you were right.I did get alot of my wants.I think I wasn't clear how a swap like this worked,so now that I do,I will definately be one to sign up next yr.AND,I will label my plants so I know exactly what plants I have this yr..lolThank you for everything Patty and to everyone that sent me seeds.
    moonphase/Annette

• mnwsgal
    17 years ago

Wondering if you received your envie stage_rat 5? Has everyone else received their seeds? I can send extras if we need to make up any that were lost.

It was such fun going through my envelope and I was pleased with the seeds you all sent for me. Thanks for sharing.

Bobbie mnwsgal

• flower_power_nc
    17 years ago

I was wondering also. Stage rat
    and grovespirit. Let us know if you
    guys received them.

• greensingh
    17 years ago

Hi, I didn't think this thread was still active. I didn't receive my packet either. This was my first time participating in a swap and I think it is a good idea to choose delivery confirmation, just for the peace of mind.

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all stagerat did get hers it was covered in snow on her doorstep greensingh didn't I looked at her want list have lots she is looking for I am going to send a replacement package I think everyone got theirs Lmk Patty

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone I e-mailed greensingh twice to get her address to send her replacement seeds I never got a reply maybe she got her seeds? I wanted to let you all know.
    Patty

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!