Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: march bday buddies,seed extravaganza

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

This is the thread to celebrate the MARCH Birthdays !!

PLEASE, do not post here, until March...Give the Bday Buddies time to post their WISH LISTS, so they will be at the top of the thread !!

grolikecrazy March 18 ( has anyone heard from )

ncgardengal March 20

crafting4goddess March 22 ( has anyone heard from )

We have ALOT of Bday Buddies In April, so if we only end up with ncgardengal this month, I may post April a little early, just so we can have the wish lists to see.

Happy Mailboxing !!

Comments (150)

• Michelle Reynolds
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

hello
    I know i have not been here much and I was late sending but I got packages off to both our birthday girls today, they should be there soon
    I hope you both have had a great month
    michelle

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Oops! I better go get the letter to Fran from the mail box because I don't know if I have her new address on it either!!
    So, can someone send me her new address please?
    Angela, I hope all 's better for you and your daughter, I'm sure making that Bday card help calm her restlessness of being cooped up in the house.
    I'm doing the same with my daughter, she'll probaby have to miss about a week of school still, so I carted her out into her wicker chaise outdoors today so that she can enjoy the sun and fresh air and watch me bring out the first sprouted WSown containers and plant a few of the brocoli cauliflower cautiously under the plastic covered trellis, and a few red chinese noodle beans, and some rattlesnake beans. She loved being out there under her blanket.
    Aaand, when we came back in the house guess what came in the mail? Yup another birthday card! I never imagine at this stage of my life, the big five O, that birthday cards and packages would spice up my life as they have!
    Shellflower,WOW bushel basket gourd is just the ultimate of all gourds ,I'll have to figure out where to plant them so the giant gours will stand perfectly stable on their own. I sure hope it is not too late to WS the empress of India nasturtium ,I want it in my garden this year! And I'm really curious to see how I could fit the Princess Pine in our fairytale garden.
    And more moon and stars watermelon Yeah! Thank you Chell!
    Chris

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Chris!!!
    Hope you have a Wonderful Day!!!
    Dorothy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Chris!!!! :)

HUGS!
    ~Wendy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chris I am wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

I thought this was really funny, but I want to send a nice one too !!!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL day !!!

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Chris! Hope it is a great day!
    ~ Sue

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

May you have many many more to come!!!

:) Fran

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    15 years ago

Blessings,
    Angela

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Okay! I got the Pinata box! ....last week.... Sorry for the holdup! Here is some stuff I took out; some gloves, labels with a marker, grow plugs, hyacinth bulbs, and some seeds like zebra grass, african daisy, echinacea 'razzmatazz'!

Kamil

• carol57078
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Chris, hope you had a woderful day!!

• colcol
    15 years ago

Hi Chris, Happy Birthday! Hope you didn't blow too hard on the candles! Cute post, flwrs4ever up there!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

micyrey-Michelle! Thank you SOOOOO very much! She sent me tubers of Fidaro Dahlias and Hello Gorgeous Dahlias and the plant tags to go with them!
    She also sent:
    Bachlor Button Seeds
    THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!
    She also included the cutest little card the envy is even decorated! I love this Michelle, wish I knew where you found them at!

I also received today from wind_red-Yi wow it got here fast!
    A card with a viney design on it and the seeds are:
    Nasturtium Empress Of India
    Columbine William Guinness
    Thank you so much for both of these, they are VERY MUCH wanted, I can't wait to start growing the nasturtiums I have this year, I was planning on doing borders with them BUT I think now I will do just a bed with nothing but them in it, ohhhh, it would look really good if I could do a sunken pond with them all around that! Hmmmm, watch out she's thinking!
    Oh and Yi also included the symbols for Happy Birthday in inside my card, neat touch! Thank you!

Wow, such blessings these are. I think it is the neatest thing that we can share so much with each other!

Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes...cross your fingers I get my new camera tomorrow. I have been wishing for one and not only is it my Bday but my SO and I have also been together 14 years come tomorrow, yes we finally got together on my Bday(we had know each other a lot longer), hmmmm trying to figure out HOW that happened! At any rate I think after 14 years I SHOULD get something good!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I also received the same from Michelle! Thank you so much for thinking of me! and for the seeds too! Hugs. Chris

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

I have not been around much at all lately. This time of year is really busy for me. I e-mailed for addresses.

Take care,
    Andrea

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Fran!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I hope you have a wonderful day and wrangle a great present out of the SO! hehe

HUGS!
    ~Wendy

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Fran!!!
    Hope you have a GREAT day!
    Dorothy
    {{gwi:461350}}

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Fran! Hope it is everything you wished for! Melinda

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

HAppy Birthday MArch Babies...Chris and Fran!

15 years ago

Fran, I hope you're having a wonderful birthday!

Blessings,
    Angela

15 years ago

Ooops... forgot the March birthday lists link with this post....

Blessings,
    Angela

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS AND FRAN!
    MAY ALL YOUR GARDENING WISHES COME TRUE!

JJ

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Happy, Happy Birthday, Fran! Hope it's a wonderful day!
    Sue

• carol57078
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Fran!!!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Sue thank you for the Turlte Head!!! I really wanted those!
    And she also sent me Astrantia Masterwort!
    She also sent a cute card and her packets have Happy Birthday on them! Very cite indeed!

Thanks again Sue for the seeds and card, and thanks for the Bday Wishes everyone!

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Happy (belated) Bday Fran!!! Hope your day was special!

I got a pretty lavender card today from Shropshire_lad (JJ), along with Joe Pye 'gateway', marigold 'african crackerjack', yellow daylily and hollyhock seeds.
    Thanks JJ!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Thank you everybody for your birthday wishes, I just saw the cool cards you posted for Fran and me, you're the best, really! I wish I knew where to find those cool cards and knew how to upload them on here. For me, it's a hit and miss thing when i have to post pictures here from photobucket...
    I got 5 birthday cards today! I've never had 5 birthday cards in one day before!
    Dirtduchess sent me tons of Teddy Bear sunflower seeds, it reminded me that I needed to sow all my other sunflowers also, i didn't want them to get leggy in the house, or get too big for the WS-ing containers, so i waited to sow them later.
    Shropshire-lad sent me Holly shrub, single hollyhocks, yellow daylily,and African Crackerjack marigold seeds.Awsome!
    Suecirish sent me Catananche caerulea(cupid darts)and some Butterfly Blue scabiosa. will plant them right away too. i love them.
    Yi sent me, oh goodie goodie, rainbow carrots, yeah , 've'been waiting for that one for a while!and some Japanese morning glory Mt Fuji!! WOW! Xie xie Yi!
    And Kim, plant -one -on- me, of all people to send me a birthday card! I had to double check to see if you were the same Kim, from the Cut them up Swap , who had just received very bad news from the doctors that her husband needed another liver transplant, it is you! I am in tears and overwhelmed that you would think outside of your pain and trouble to send me, an unseen friend , a birthday card filled with Freckle lettuce, and Sprite melon, Dance potato, russet potato, and purple potato seeds! You are just incredible and so kind and thoughtful. May God bless you and may you find a donor quickly, we will keep you two in our prayers every day.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Christine

Fran , Happy birthday to you also, i hope my card gets forwarded to you and finds your new address, the mailman beat me to the mailbox when I realized that I might still have the old address on it. Chris

• threas
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Fran & Chris! Sounds like you're having fun!

Theresa

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Happy (belated) Birthday Chris!!!

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Wow, I got another BD card yesterday! A belated one but I still love it!
    Beautiful card with lavender on it! Inside were yellow daylilies, african crackerjack marigold, garlic chives, and holly!! Thanks so very much shropshire_lad!! I have them all planted already! Melinda

• colcol
    15 years ago

My oh my, My Disorganized Life!!!! I ordered some seeds for you, Shropshirelad, and they were out, so I ordered from a different place & got them. I took a few out for myself, and tidied up the table because we were having company. But I couldn't find them again! A couple weeks passed, and ... just today I found them, along with a bill past due which I'll be paying a late fee for, plus another bill that luckily wasn't past due yet! All this because i cleared off my dining room table :(. No, All this because I'm too darn disorganized! I still haven't found the small gourd seeds I ordered in Jan. :( Anyway, FINALLY, I am gettting yours out in Monday's mail! Yeh! Better late than never!

Also, was wondering, have not gone back to read all the posts, but do we have the go-ahead to mail to ncgardengirl yet? I have it ready too :) Best I get it mailed out before I lose it!!!!

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

Ha ha! Colcol, your disorganized life is my disorganized life as well! Have no fear, someday we'll get things in order....SOMEDAY, lol!

JJ

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

i'm so glad I'm not the only one with a crazy life and with seeds boxes overflowing with seeds out of place everywhere, i catch my hubby eyeing them dubiously sometimes, he was sooo relieved when the planting pots and cuttings, and planters were all out the door and into the garden,one of his birthday gift to me, or to himself... now he goes in the empty sunroom and breathes deeply as he enjoys the beautiful view, all the while eyeing sideways at my work countertop/desk/folding table, at my 6 boxes brimming with packages of seeds, and strewn with various bundles from several swaps I'm working on. They bother me too, but hey I'm going from 7 Am to 3 am every night from too many irons in the fire. Today I worked on the Passover Seder Service my boys volunteered me for, for their young adults activity, a dinner for 100 of them! So I just finished getting all the program, the invites, the meal recipes, the songs..., the Dayenu prayer etc.Give me a break...all the while doing laundry and running outside to cover and protect my tomato plants, and tropicals, we got a cold spell as soon as we moved the stuff outside...29 F wed!yikes!
    A bright spot though, i finally could open Linda's bday card to me with gifts of milkweed and black eye susan vine. Cool! Thank you Lindanuzicka! Chris

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday to Chris and Fran!

Cindy : )

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Susan (Taz56) Is having surgery this morning.
    As some of you know she is my sister in law and best friend.
    If all goes well she will be home later today.
    The surgery will be on the inside of her throat to remove a bone that has been bothering her and interfering with her breathing.
    No talking after the surgery. No solid food for a week or more.
    She is worried about is surgery. Susan has been though a lot and not in the best health.
    And can sure use your prayers. If anyone would like to send a card email me for her address.
    Remember her in your prayers,
    Dorothy

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dorothy,

PLEASE tell her we all wish her the best, and will be praying for her. I will get a card out to her today..and really hope others will too !!

Gro...I think we ALL take on more then we should now a days. The passover dinner sounds like it will work out and be a real hit with the kids.

ANYONE have sprouts on your WS'ing ?? I have four containers so far..YIPPEEE !!

OK, JUST A REMINDER, ANYONE NEEDING ADDRESSES, OR PINATA INFO.......EMAIL NIKKI.

PINATA is in route again, should be landing anytime...wonder WHO will be this time ?? I just KNOW they will be surprised..and they will say "finally" when they get it...TEE HEE.

Well, I am off for a long trip to the dr, it is an hour one way..UGH ! NO worries tho, it is just a "how are you doing" appointment. I will be thinking of Taz today, sending her good thoughts and lots of prayers.

Angela, how is your daughter doing ? I hope she is well and driving ya crazy again..LOL

Fran, is finally moved, I hope everyone has her new address now, if not let me or Nikki know.

APRIL BDAY BUDDIES, WE NEED YOUR WISH LISTS ON THE APRIL LIST...COME ON...YOUR BUDDIES NEED TIME TO FILL THOSE CARDS !!!

HUGS

kym

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Dorothy, will you please email me Susan's mailing addy? I'll pop a card out to her.

Chris..I"m glad the card got to you when you needed a much deserved break..."S"

I have sprouts in my corn and spinach container so far..I"m so excited!!!

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

I have some sprouts, but I'm worried that there is more cold weather ahead and that it will kill them....I've never WS'ed before so I don't know what to do!!
    JJ

• playintheyard
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    Spring is finally here huh? Of course more so for some it's only like 35 degrees here today. I've sent the b-day box off to the next buddy.

Wow do I have sprouts! WS is incredible. I've done about 130 and have not done the annuals or veggies or any of the vines you guys all sent me. I'll be going nuts come the end of May w/ all the planting out I'll have to do. Going to try and keep working on the yard so everything is ready to go come Memorial Day!!

JJ your sprouts will be fine. That jug or whatever you used for containers will protect them.

Dorothy so sorry about your sil & friend she's lucky to have you to help her out. I am thinking of her.

Looking forward to you April buddies lists.

Annette

15 years ago

Dorothy - I am praying for Susan. I hope this surgery helps her and that all is well very soon!

Kym - Thanks for asking. My Autumn is finally doing well and is over the pneumonia. I am still a bit scared since she's jumping right back into things, but I'm sure she'll be just fine!

Chris (grolikecrazy) - I, too, have been very busy with everything we got from the "Cut that Out" swap. The passover dinner sounds wonderful! We do that every year as well. It's pretty cool, huh?

Yes, please, get up those April birthday wishes as soon as you can. I'm running a little behind getting the page done, but I'll be working on it tonight, so you might as well have your list ready for me to add to it! ;-)

Blessings,
    Angela

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes for Susan.
    I went to see her tonight, The surgery went well and she is home.
    Is talking a little but it hurts a lot!
    Trying to swallow causes alot of pain.
    We talk on the phone about 4-5 times a week. Hope she gets better soon.
    I told her everyone here was wishing her a speedy recovery and sending hugs.
    I'm sure she will be online in a day or two. And well let everyone know how she's doing.
    Thanks again for the prayers she still has a ways to go, but she's a fighter!
    Hugs to all
    Dorothy

PS
    Her address is on the April BD list

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

I haven't visited the forum much lately and boy have I missed alot....

Dorothy, so glad to hear Susan's surgery went well and that she's recovering nicely.

Kym/Flwrs, my first try at WS has gone pretty well. I've been transplanting on/off for the last few weeks. I had started over 150 jugs of seeds. Finally planted the last of the annuals/veggies a couple of weeks ago. So far I've potted WS sprouts of Broom corn, castor bean, various hibiscus, coleus, desert willow, Tx. bluebonnets, milkweed, tons of Joe pye & nasturtiums, I even had two Red Delicious Apple seeds that sprouted!!! I still have alot of sprouted containers left to pot up (columbine, hosta, lupines...) but most are still small for transplanting yet. Our warmer, zone 8 climate sure helps things sprout fast!
    The boys and I are visiting our first local plant swap this weekend and with the WS seedlings and more tropical type seedlings I had started indoors, we should have lots of stuff for the swap! I know we'll have tons of fun too meeting other local gardeners! I think WS is my new addiction!

I actually managed yesterday to start the last of my seeds....my seedbox is now empty!!! ..That is until the package from the Tropical swap I'm in arrives!!! But at least I'm caught up for now. I haven't even built my greenhouse yet and its already gonna be full!
    Still need to get the gardens ready for planting time soon.
    Spring is such a busy (& fun) time of year!

Hope y'all have a great day!!!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I got a card from plantoneonme-Kim she sent me:
    Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy
    Michele Chinese Cabbage
    Bok Choy

Thank you I appreciate these very much I can't wait to grow the Chinese Cabbage I have never grown it before so I can't wait to see how it does and if we like it!

Thanks agian to everyone who sent me seeds!!!

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh, I'm not a March birthday baby, but I still received a wonderful belated birthday surprise from Colleen (colcol)! She sent me a whole "seed swap care package," hehe! She sent such a quaint card (Colleen, don't apologize for being late, I'm just as disorganized as you...we should get together and wouldn't that be chaos!). She also sent one of my wishes, the elusive Checkers Poppy! How I wanted that! The list continues with lots of plastic seed baggies (I needed those!) and two homemade seed packets (cute!), as well as 2 blank flower cards with stamped envelopes...those are too perfect! It's like you read my mind...I was 2 cards short for this months swap and now I have them! And you put stamps, too....you are spoiling this girl! Thank you sooo much, Colleen! This package was worth the wait!

JJ

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

I FINALLY got out the envys today so yall keep mailboxin! Nik

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I got another big envelope in the mail yesterday! It was was filled with a huge bright purple dinner plate dahlia rhyzome, and if that was not enough she also included a whole packet of Empress of India Nasturtium! I feel completely spoiled!! Thank you Annette!
    And then today I got another envelope in the mail, wow! Dorothy, thank you so much for the Tall white Nicotiana seeds, , the Lavender sachet seeds, and the Casaba cantaloupe seeds. I am so blessed with great friends. Chris

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

colcol thank you so much I received today:
    Russian Sage
    Aguilegia Green Apples
    2 packs of Unwins Dwarf Dahlia THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    empty baggies
    2 note cards with stamped envy too too much THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH so very sweet!
    Playintheyard sent:
    FULL COMM Packs of:
    Columbine WILLIAM GUINNESS THANKS SO MUCH!
    NASTURTIUM EMPRESS OF INDIA!!!! THANKS AGAIN!! WOOHOOO
    DAHLIA Hollywood stars mix WOW!
    JJ sent:
    Joe pye weed 'Gateway'!
    Asters 'Tiger Paws' mix
    Mariglod African Crackerjack
    Hibiscus 'Luna Red'!
    Yellow Day Lily
    dirtduchess sent:
    A LARGE bunch of Teddy Bear Sunflowers thank you I sure will use them!
    dimples31312 sent:
    White Cukes
    Carrot Purple Dragon thanks I needed these!

Thank you all the cards were great and the seeds mean so much to me! Thanks for making my Bday Special all month long!

• threas
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! I've missed alot too!
    Angela, I'm so glad your daughter is getting better everyday. Praying for her complete recovery.
    Dorothy, I'm so sorry about Susan's surgery.Hoping and praying the worst is over & she makes a speedy recovery.
    Looking forward to the April Bday list.
    I have alot of sprouts in my WS containers!

Theresa

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

WOW, It sounds like everyone is doing really well with the wintersowing...too neat !! I think I am up to 9 jugs with sprouts !!

Some really awesome envies being recd too, WOW, is all I can say !!

OK, THIS THREAD IS NOW OFFICALLY CLOSED...PLEASE JOIN US ON THE APRIL BUDDY LIST............

DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD ANYMORE.........GO TO NEW THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Birthday packages keep coming, I can't believe it, I got a beautiful homemade colored picture from Sarah Kate, I love the little brown doggie, my son has one just like it, his name is Porter, and he is spoiled! Thank you so much for the picture. And nikkineel thank you for the charantais melon, the zinnia packet,and the Mt Fuji morning glory too! I love them, I'll plant them right away! Chris

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

NOW THIS THREAD IS FINISHED!!!