Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

NEW: incredible heirlooms march, spring sensation

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

Incredible HEIRLOOMS MARCH,

Spring Sensation

This will be for

any vegetables that can be planted in the Spring by any method. The seeds can be almost ANYTHING the only requirement is they MUST be able to be planted in the

Spring.

Pretty simple isn't it? Please check your partner's list for this and find appropriate seeds

to meet this condition. IF for some reason you can not find something suitable then please ask you partner what they might like or to take a peek at you haves so they may choose from your haves.

Â

Sign-up will be until Feb 27th partners will be posted on Feb 28th

Â

Please send your your package out to your partner no later the March 10th

Â

Please send at least 6 New packs of Heirloom Edibles OR their equivalent of opened packs to equal the same amount of 6 full packages of seeds.

Â

Once partner's

have been posted please contact your partner as soon as possible after partners have been chosen in order to being carrying out and completing this swap.

Â

As always required for our group PLEASE post your DC# here once you package is on the move.

Â

Have fun, enjoy this swap and please being signing up if you would like to join this month!

:) Fran

Comments (51)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tammy have you ever hear of Baker's Creek Heirlooms? Check on their website that have a pretty good list of heirloom veggies also you can just look up heirloom veggies and/or edible flowers and get a list. If I have time tomorrow I will go look up some stuff and get a general list and post it but check out the Baker's Creek and order a cat from them for future references for any other Heirloom upcoming events :)
    Plus they have some REALLY nice seeds! My next order will come from them I was impressed with my first one.

Hope you decide to join Tammy!

Where the heck is everyone else?

HEY SC1? I got it up BEFORE the 10th aren't you proud of me? :) LOL 143 hahaha

:) Fran RTM (or FANNA)

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

I will check them out and go ahead and sign me up. I am just worried I won't be able match the other boxes and don't want my partner to feel slighted any. I will research this and place an order today so I can get the seeds by the date needed.

Thanks for the info.

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK We have:

ncgardengirl
    greenthumbgrow

WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOU FOLKS???? I know you are lurking about SOMEWHERE...WOOAAAHOOOOOOOO HELLLLOOOOO?????
    Don't leave me hanging...:(

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Fanna, I just want to say thank you for encouraging me to join the WOW swap! My poor little head is swimming with confusion! ROFL I'm still debating on joining this one cause I have waaaaayyyy to many irons in the fire at the moment. I think I'm gonna go outside and burry my head in a hole like the Ostrich do... lol 143! :D Oh yes, I am soooo very proud of you too! hehe

Tammy, don't feel overwhelmed. :) If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. :) We're all willing and able to help where we can. Glad to have you join the swap too! :D

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Hey Fran,

Much like Kathy, I took on a few too many things for this month. So I have been lurking, lurking, lurking! I can give a better answer towards the end of the month.

As far as the determining if something is an heirloom or not, you may want to check out the Plant Files on Dave's Garden. If it says you can save the seeds, it's an heirloom or OP which works for the swap.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dave's Garden Plant Files

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Becky thanks for the link...
    Yes I am swamped too and I think I am nuts but hey its fun...LOL

HEY KATHY (WAVING WITH BOTH HANDS, like granny in the oh heck you know) I am glad you joined too and are having fun with it.

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I'm still in lurking mode....I seem to be broke all of a sudden. I took my Dog to the vet Monday for his rabies booster and ended up with a 275.00 vet bill :(
    but I am still lurking .....

Donna :)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dang Donna what happened? I think I would have came out crying if my vet bill was that high.

Yeap, I am in the same boat as everyone else as far as being broke goes, but I figure since I am hosting I at least should do this one for March. The good thing is that March is my birthday month and I don't have to send a box out for my birthday swap, thank goodness.
    Not sure if I will be able to do any other swap because I also signed up for the Herb-ivore swap which seemed kind of good since I would like more herbs.

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

Franny (thats your new name you bess like it) LOL

Im lurking as well :-)

Acres

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

I almost did leave in tears...specially since I had figured the bill would be under 80 dollars lol....well he ended up needing a heartworm test,and they put him on heartworm meds because it seems that there has been an outbreak of cases in our town...dang mosquitos...plus he had an ear infection I was not aware of, and I asked for flea drops....they were more expensive than I thought lol...

but I left laughing, cuz I figure now I will never pay down my credit card...so no crying over spilled credit...lol!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well it is a good thing you got the meds for the ears. Wouldn't want the baby to be in pain. That is swful about the heartworms, used to never hear of such things. Too bad we have so many things going on now adays!
    I put my dog on Comfortis for fleas, although she hasn't had any on a few months I will get them again for her before it gets too warm in the spring, they aren't bothering her right now but will again when the weather gets warm again.
    Glad to know you are talking care of your fur baby!

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

must be the week for high vet bills. We took Orson in for a check up and walked out of there with a 300 dollar plus bill. Have to take care of our 4 legged children though. We have had Orson 14 years and he is certainly part of the family. Its sad becasue he wants to do things he is just getting too old. We found out his cancer has spread yesterday. Not a great day

Acres

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

AH Tracy,
    I am so sorry to hear about the cancer. It is so hard to watch our fur babies going down hill.
    We had to put our baby down March 3, 2008. I miss her so very much. She was my baby and I miss her with all my heart. I think about her often. She was just the greatest companion anyone could every ask for.
    Hang in there and give Orson all the love you can at this point it will do you both a world of good.

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Tracy I am so sorry to hear about Orson's troubles...I will keep him in my thoughts.

And Fran I am sorry you lost your Furbaby :(

And you guys are totally right, Marco is on the same level with me as my kids are. He gets away with more than they do LOL!! I told my son-in-law that I was going to start treating him as if he was one of my own biological kids from now on....he was so happy, until my daughter told him that this only means he is one step down under Marco LOL!!

I hate the huge vet bills...but I love my Pups!

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Fran. I looked up the heirloom veggies on the site you suggested I am very please that a lot of the veggies I already have are heirloom. Yeah. I have a lot more to offer than I originally thought. I am so glad.

Only 14 days to go to get our partner list. I am so excited counting down. I love these swaps.

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tammy it looks like it is just going to be you and I...I am ok with that....and THIS time seeds only...ok? LOL

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Sounds great to me Fran. I have been buying some here and there as I see things I would like to try in the garden this year. I did some research on trellising the viner like you suggested and I really like the way it looks too.

Well do You want surprizes? or would you like me to let you know what i have and you can pick. Most of the new ones are not on my list yet.

Tammy

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Fran - Sending you an email. :-)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bumping to keep us on the front page

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Hands hiding my eyes, not peeking, uh uh. Sigh. 'll be back...hope no one noticed...

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

Lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrking to see if there is a third person yet so I could maybe sorta kinda be the 4th.

Acres

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

oh yes Grolikecrazy, we noticed you! ROFL Don't think we don't see you lurking and deciding! hehe

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chris....you are too funny, WE SEE you hope hubs doesn't...

hehe, FRAN

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Sorry Fran. I'm going to sit this one out. Although my swaps are slowing down now, my work life and family life have picked up.

Tracy, JOOOOOOIIIIN!!!!!! Don't wait for a fourth!

Sorry to hear people's fur babies are having such troubles. Last month I found out one of my doggies has the equivalent of asthma. He has to take a pill twice a day. This month the other doggie goes to the vets for what I hope is a routine check up & shots.

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Come on Tracy. We want you to join. The more the merrier.

:-) Just think Great juicy tomatos.....snappy crunchy beans ummmm... maybe some cold cool cucumbers will do the trick??? Or purple peppers and tomatos... Come on. You will have a blast me and Fran are fun to be around. (Right Fran).

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeap I am super duper fun....LOL
    Just not too much right now...LOL

:)Fran

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

im in like melon skin LOL

Now hurry and pick partners so I can go shoppin

Acres

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Yeah!

We have three... common everyone. We need at least three more... You could be the one....

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We are slipping to the bottom so I thought I would bump us up.

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

jump bump :-)

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Lurking and trying to decide. I have seeds a couple of you want and nothing for a couple others so I am not sure yet. I will let you know. Nichol

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

We need more people I love these secret pal like swaps I caunt wait to go shopping and make home made goodies for people.

Acres

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

That sounds like a bride to me! ROFL Come on we need at least 1 more person, and Tracy has great bribery!!! :D

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

OK. Count me in. I love heirlooms. I have never done a partner swap before so I ill need to be bossed around errr I mean helped. LOL What kind of homemade goodies. Are we suppoed to do something like that along with the 6 packsof seeds. I hope who ever I get does not mind me needing help. Thanks Nichol

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

YAY! That's 4 and it makes this swap a definite go!!! :)

Nichol, Fran is great help. :) If you need to know anything about the specifics just post here and someone will help you out. :) I hope you enjoy this swap and thanks for signing up.

~Kathy

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

Yahhhh 4 people :-)

I make all sorts of home made goodies. Crocheted and knitted stuff, home made soap, bubble bath salts and candles, book marks and cards, home canned goods and all sorts of other things. I actually just made a website for all my hobbies.

I, myself just look at this swap as like a secret pal swap. I pick up a few new packs of seeds and add a few packs of seeds from my trade list and then I add a goodie or two and ship it all off. I set my self a limit between 5 and 10 dollars because if I did not I would go over board. But that is just my idea on swaps like this.

Acres

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

YIPPE, I was worried we were not going to make it on this one....

HEY Nichol!!! Glad you joined us YOU to Tracy!!!

I am sure maybe one or two more lurkers will decide to join us before the deadline, hehe someone usually always sneaks in!

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Excellent....

Where are the others??? We know you are Lurking you might as well join. You know you want to.

:-)

Tammy

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Bumping this great idea back up. I love heirlooms and I am totally excited. Nichol

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Come on lurkers!!! Only 3 more days for sign ups. :)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

List of March Swappers
    greenthumbgrow- Tammy
    grolikecrazy- Chris
    purpleacres- Tracy
    gardenmom2- Nichol

Fran is moving and is not sure what she will be doing IF I decide I can join I will post me with a parnter on the 28th it will TRULY depend on IF I get moved.
    FOLKS I just found out the road I will be living on has no MAIL DELIEVERY! OMG WHAT AM I GONNA DO??? (boohooohooohoooing, whine, whine, whine, whining now)

I truly THOUGHT I had updated us with WHO was playing this month...I thought really HARD about it and had convince myself I did, and then when I checked it wasn't there. I am THINKING I did it in a note pad doc and CLOSED it without posting OH GEEZE! hehe

:( Fran

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Hang in there Fran. The move will get done and you will adjust. Although, I must say I can't imagine no mail delivery. Are you gonna be in the boonies??? Wishing you patience, peace and well being. Nichol

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bump

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Moving, Franny girl what are your doing? Moving is not enough of a challenge for you so you decided to host a couple of swaps? Hang in there! I know when the DH and I moved 10 years ago, we were at each others throats. Good thing there were a lot of friends (and alcohol) around. Girls were at one end of the house. Boys at the other end. ROLF! I can laugh about it now. Get a keg. Friends will come!

I take it you will have a PO Box right?

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Boo honey at the moment we don't know what we will be doing. Unsure about a PO box. I guess the mail will HAVE to go somewhere, we do have BILLS that MUST make it through, UNLESS I can figure out how to generate my own power which has ran through my brain MANY times..hehe

AS far as our so called 'friends' they're around when they WANT something, not when WE need something. Actually you folks are the only ones who KNOW we are moving! LOL
    I didn't actaully TELL anyone, I just posted it.
    It wasn't planned, the SO just found the place on the 20th of this month, it for the most part is something we have been wishing to find for YEARS so it couldn't be passed up and I had ALREADY commited to hosting March in the swaps I am hosting plus I have the Bday Bash group i started BUT this is MY momth so all is well there.

NOW we have found out we may not be able to have cable service, which is WHO DOES MY INTERNET!!! They said they do not show it on the grid and they will come 'LOOK' to see if they CAN install it there!!! OMG, the place isn't per se in the 'boonies' it is in the 'sticks' though and is way off the main road road there are 7 homes down there so I can't understand why the mail doesn't run down there and why cable can't find it!
    This house we are moving to isn't even on the same POWER company as the rest of that WHOLE AREA! GEEZE, it is COUNTRY and it will be quiet, can't see the neighbors by the lay of the land, we were looking for something like this BUT geeze, I WAS HOPING to STILL be in civilization!

OH well, we'll just have to see what comes up and deal with that issue, one at a time :)!!!

At any rate, once we move I may not have internet connect for a few days, I thought it was going to be installed, but he told me NO they said they will come LOOK at it! WELL, BOY HOWDY what the HECK does THAT mean? and HOW the HECK is THAT gonna do any good? I LOOKED AT IT!

AHHHH, and THIS TOO shall pass!

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

OHHHH. Fran! Stop with the horror stories. No Internet. What will we do without you...

If you must, you could get a satellite connection for internet right? Will you even have a phone.? Will cells work there? My Gosh. I couldn't even imagine.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

For tv. you can get satelite. You can use it for internet,too, though I never have. Good Luck.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Miss BOO! They are predicting snow for us tomorrow night WHAT DID YOU DO MISSY? I KNOW you had something to do with this...you talked to someone and said Fran hasn't had ANY nothing not one time this year make sure you get it down there at LEAST ONCE this year.
    Didn't you? Ok, who'd you talk to? hehe

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I do not know HOW I missed your post Tammy and Nichol. I guess I was in a rush trying to check the threads to put them all back on the front page.
    I really don't know about the satellite I guess if we have to we can go that way I think.
    I am not sure because it is down in a hole and I am SURE a cell phone will not work there. We don't have one, but I have been in holes/[ockets like that and know they don't work IF one will I would be surprise by that!

I HOPE we can gets things worked out soon it is very frustrating to have all these minor complicates it is putting a damper on the good things about the place.

AGAIN I will say and this to shall PASS!!!

Gosh, I will go nuts without the computer connection!

:(Fran

• booberry85
    15 years ago

HeHeHe! I figured after getting 120+ inches of snow this year, it was time to share the wealth.
    :)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths