Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbgrow

WET My Feet! Water Gardening seed/plant swap #2

greenthumbgrow
15 years ago

Yeah! the time is here to start posting our lists and requesting from others.

Post your lists: During the month of April - End of Month

Mail Date: May 11th

Current participants...

1. Tammy/Greenthumbgrow

2. Marian / Lovelyiris

3. Aquawise

4. Becky / Proudgm_03

5. Wendy / Sassybutterfly_08

6. Kim / misskimmie

7. Hightider

8. Lotusbudh2o

9. Mouse / kin2mice

10. Fran / ncgardengirl

11. kiddo

12. grovespirit - Would like to donate seeds to the group. (Can't Join) Only interested in Asian pennywort

13. grolikecrazy / Chris

14. patricia_mi / Patricia (snazzypants)

15. Sissifriss

16. dixietn

17. hillbillygal

18. dbailey

Rules for the Swap:

Included in the swap could be items like submergable(Oxegenator) plants, floating plants, bog plants, tropicals or grasses to put around the pond or bog.

I will post a note over on the water gardening forum so they will know for those interested.

This is a a list-it/select it swap. Where you will list what you have to offer and let the others select from the list.

When you send your plants, include postage for a small flat rate box ($10.35) and a return mailing label in your package so it can be returned to you with the plants you have requested. Friendly Reminder: If the swap is a hugh success and you select a whole lot of stuff you may need two boxes - Just a note in case. If you do not want to do two boxes just don't select as much stuff from other peoples lists -But it is hard ;-)

**I know on the water forum they exange snails and other stuff like that- This is acceptable but please be sure to package them in the correct manner. Thanks.

NOTE Be sure to label each plant sent with the plant name and gwname of person it will be going to.

Thanks,

Tammy

Comments (151)

• sissifriss
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh Wendy can I get some Chaste tree seeds please are they easy to germinate.
    I have a stupid question probably. I got some seeds in trade that were labeled Mahogany Velvet. They germinated great, but I have no idea what they are. I tried to look it up but can not find anything. So any info is greatly appreciated. Grasses I know, some of these plants I have never heard of. But that to me is part of the fun with these swaps learning about new plants. Have a great night everyone.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Myriah I am thinking the Mahogany Velvet are nasturtium, do you remember what the seeds looked like? What do the leaves look like so far? Can you get a pic of them?
    On the Water Hyacinth and Lettuce I am thinking maybe moving the did shock them a little and give them some time I am sure the will bounce back just fine. They like to be hot and crowded from what I gather from growing them and that is what they were in your other container. So yes, moving them into their own area really changed their envoriment and I would say sent them into shock.

Isn't the yard great? That isn't all of it. That is just what had been cut for the yard we can expand it all the way down the hill behind the barn to the creek if we want to. The land was the main reason I decided to move here, that and the fact that we can have barnyard animals! It was just to much of an opportunity to pass up, it is something we have been looking for for years. I hate renting but hey, it is worth it here!
    The house sucks, it is WAY to small for me, but I am adapting to that too! It will all be fine! The yard is worth it and that has been my mantra for motivation to move here. Actually it was this phrase: The outside is worth more then the inside... so there you go. The yard is worth it LOL. 3 acres isn't bad either!
    Congrats on the sells! Way to go! That is worth all the hard work, and it is something you wanted to do or you wouldn't be doing it right?

NEW REQUEST:
    Tammy can I get the other Black Moudry Fountain Grass
    and if no one else request it I would like the Pony tail Palm, I LOVE those!

The lady that lived here before me had one she killed on purpose! It was HUGE, she left the pot and everything sitting outside and I saw the bulb, and I was just heartbroken. THEN she came down here to get some of her stuff she left in the yard and we were talking and I asked her if that was what it was and she said YES, IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO KILL IT! I said WHAT???! She said Yes, I had it for about 20 years, I was tired of it! I could not imagine how gorgeous it was before she committed plant murder! I was just sooooo down hearted! I said WOW, I would have taken it!
    Anyhooo, I will give someone else a chance to claim it, then if no one does I would love to have it.
    Tammy I am so glad you are starting to feel better. I was worried. I hope the antibotics take care of whatever it is completely!

:) Fran

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Tammy that's great news on the mini cats!! WOOHOO!! :)
    NEW Request
    from Tammy
    Goldfish baby plant... that is SOO cute!!!!! :D

NEW Request
    from Sissifriss
    Anarchis!
    If you have extra of the anarchis I'd love a bit of that as well I was told it's an excellent oxygenator. (see me talkin' that 'pond talk' already?? LOL)
    I'll certainly put you down for the Chaste tree seeds! And I looked up that one you were questioning.. I found a Black Velvet Nasturtium and a Mahogany Nasturtium. If you look up Nasturtium seeds they are pretty easy to ID. With all the seed places that mix up names to make it appear 'new', it probably is a Nasturtium after all. :)

NEW OFFER
    Cannas 'Picasso' 2 offers of 1 bulb each

Have a good night everyone!
    ~Wendy

• kin2mice
    15 years ago

Dbaily (Don) - I have water celery for you.

Also I have what maybe a silly question but I asked at my postoffice (which is manned by floaters who sometimes have no clue) what box is for the small flat rate price of 10.35$ so I would know what to purchase and send in and what size I should be looking at so I would know how much to order. So could someone please let me know? is it the 13x15 or 9x12 or what? also could you email the info to me as I will not be able to get back on this forum for a while. Thanks

Mouse
    ps. I am now OUT OF WATER CELERY AND OSTRICH FERN!!
    still have lots of sweet wild violet

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Mouse I will email you the info on the boxes.
    I will get the pages updated again and post the link I keep forgetting to post the link with each post SORRY.

• dbailey
    15 years ago

Thanks for the water celery kin2mice. Everyone should post pics later this summer of what the ponds look like with all the new plants. My bullfrog is back. Found him as I was cleaning out the latest batch of leaves blown in this weekend. Monday 20, today 70. Gotta love Kansas.
    Don

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Alright everyone... Here is the updated list.

2 mini cats - 1: Sassy 1: sissifriss
    2 Black Moudry Fountain Grass 1: Sissifriss 1: fran
    1 pony tail palm 1: fran
    2 Goldfish plant babies (nematanthus - indoor hanging plant -but thought it would be cute to offer on the pond forum) 1:sassy 1:---

REQUEST:
    Sassy - I would LOVE one of the picasso cannas bulbs

I will be posting some more offers up as soon as I can.

Big thanks to Fran for helping out so much on the swap it is much appreciated. Also Thank you gm for sending the emails again. I am not sure if everyone recieved mine as I never heard from anyone except one person.

Truely hope everyone is enjoying the swap!

Tammy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

New Request
    sisifris I would love some anacharis.

Had some in my pond before but it doesn't overwinter here. Of course, nothing I put in the horse waterer made it through the winter so I am starting over completely.

• sissifriss
    15 years ago

Got you down proudgm and wendy for the anacharis. Thanks for the info on the mahogany velvet. That is what it is. I looked that up and that it what the seedlings looked like.
    Fran I think that the house had lots of potential, you should have seen ours when we first got it. I think that you have a great spot and know that you will have it looking great in no time. Good night everyone

• dixiedazzle
    15 years ago

Sissifris: Do you still have any anacharis? I would like some too.

SASSY: Could I have seeds for:
    Asiatic Lady 'Corrida

Aquawise: Val grass, water celery, elodea if available

• dixiedazzle
    15 years ago

If I've missed anyone, please let me know:

greenthumb tammy: water lily, dahlia seeds, snapdragon seeds

Sassybutterfly: Astilbe, water lily, hosta

Kin2mice: hosta, heuchera

proudgm: waterlily

sissyfris: hosta, red canna seed, heuchera, hibiscus seed

grolikekcrazy: hosta, heuchera, water lily, gourmet lettuce, hibiscus seeds

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok the pages are up to date.

Highlander has a post on the plant exchange so I contacted them. They said they would rather do one on one trades so they have pulled out of this swap.
    Just thought I would give you and update.

Has anyone heard of this plant? or have any?
    Darmera peltata; Indian Rhubarb
    and I am also looking for:
    Papyrus
    Gunnera manicata

Wendy, I would still like a piece of that Rosemary lol.

Ok, I am going to bed now. Night all!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Sassy, may I have some, if any are left(I don't show that I've asked you for anything yet, right?):
    Canna 'Picasso" Did I miss any other of your offerings?

Sissy, I would love some anacharis please!

Aquawise I would love to have some:
    Val grass
    water celery
    elodea

proudgm, did I missed your offerings, my notepad show that I have not asked you for anything so far?
    There's been others I've missed as well, like aquawise and sassy, I hope i'm not too late for requests

About sprouting maple seeds, I was just sticking a stick in each 4x10 bags to keep them open, having neglected them since I moved them outside on the hillside to fend for themselves, then I saw tiny little maple seedlings growing inside!!!, some were not in good shape since the top of the plastic bags colllapsed on them after the heavy snow storm we had the last few weeks,but there are more just sprouting away!
    So it really is easy to sprout maple seeds , just winter sow them and forget about them after you put a stick inside the bags to keep them from collapsing on the tender seedlings as they decide to sprout.
    I have plenty more seeds to plant, but it takes so long to fill those long narrow baggies, I might just go and see if I can buy some of those trays with deep individual cells made specifically for trees, because I also have evergreen seeds that need to be planted, they might be just as easy to sprout! YEAH!!!!Or just deep trays without cells, or even cheaper to parcel out a 6x 3 spot of good fluffy soil and plant all my tree seeds there.
    Goodnight. Chris

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Chris check out what I have to offer on the pages Fran made. You can also check out my seed list on my trade page.

New Offering
    hollyhock unknown color
    sedum sarmentosum

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Chris you have just not gotten some of your request written down, I do show on the website you have request from Becky-proudgm_03 and aquawise.

NEW REQUEST:
    Becky I love sedums could I get a few pieces of the
    Sedum Sarmentosum

PLEASE REMEMBER TO LIST REQUEST AS NEW REQUEST AND OFFERS AS NEW OFFERS so I do not miss them and can get them placed on the webpages Thanks!!!

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Fran got you down for the sedum. I saw your pics of your new digs. The country can't be beat. You have so much room for so many garden spots. I am totally jealous! :) So where's the pond going to go?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Not sure on the pond yet. We have so much more that needs to be done and cleared before we can do it. It will either be on the right side of the house below that gardenspot or in the back behind the barn.
    There is a perfect place behind the barn that would make a great picnic area as well, I would love to fix it down there and also have a sitting area too.
    There is just too much to do at the moment to think about everything.

I am so ready to get it going, but we have a few cliches right now that need to be worked out before we can move on with all the yard plans, but that is ok, it will all get done in time, there are also DEER here, and some idoit has been feeding them behind the BARN! This isn't even their land, no where near their property either!

I just can't wait to see my plants and gardens full, IF I can keep out the dang deer. I am hoping the new puppy will keep them off the property at least out of the gardens!!!
    I am happy we moved here but I want to get everything done NOW and I know it will take time to do it. I am just impatient! :)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! I tried to get by some local creeks today to do some digging but never made it out of my uncle's yard! lol I'm trying to finagle some more irises to offer here. :P

Proudgm~ I saw your post on the WS site about gettin' tuckered out while planting out your new lil babies! I sure do wish I lived close enough to offer you a hand!! Are you by chance part of any church group that might be willing to help? Or maybe a local 4-H club would be willing to do the help in return for you teaching them how to WS? I do hope your dr visit tomorrow goes well!! Hugs n prayers to you!

New Request:
    from Proudgm_03
    sedum sarmentosum

Thankyou!

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran - I checked out your photos. Congrats! I can just imagine what you will have the yard looking like in no time.

Sissi - I didn't count but if you are not up to 7 offers of the anachrisa would you add me to your list. i would love a small piece.
    NEW REQUEST:
    Anachrisa

Update on WSing.... This is My first year I am soooooo excited that I have sprouts in over half my containers. I am sooo excited - did I say that twice... I am sooo excited. So when do you start planting them in the ground should they have 2 true leafs or as soon as they start sprouting?

Tammy

• aquawise
    15 years ago

Ok this is what I have so far
    ncgardenfirl
    elodia
    v. celery
    v. iris

sassybutterfly
    v.celery
    v. iris
    creeping jenny

dixietn
    val grass
    v. celery
    v. iris

greenthumbgrow
    creeping jenny
    v. celery
    elodia
    duckweed

kinzmice
    v. iris

sissifriss
    val grass
    v. sedge
    elodia
    creeping jenny

growlikecrazy
    v. celery
    val. grass
    creeping jenny
    v. iris

proudgm
    elodia

have I missed anyone?
    Here are my wants
    pennywort
    lotus-plant
    zibra grass- plant
    taro
    ostrich fern
    I need to go back and find who has what I guess I cant remember.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

aquawise, you can check out the link below it will show you a list of who has offered what.
    If you click the hummingbird it will take you to the requested page and there you can look for your name and see everything everyone has requested from you so far as well, what is listed in red is what I saw was comfirmed to be spent to the person who requested it :D

I also in the jumble up there requested these from you as well:
    aquawise:
    Variegated Water Sedges, any you can spare
    Taro just a small one would be ok
    Wild Duckweed

Tammy, I like to make sure my babies have at least the first set of true leaves before planting out, but it depends on a lot of things WHEN you should plant out.
    If your babies are crowd plant soon
    If you are doing a HOS you can plant when they come up as long as there is no more frost danger and some plant out even before their last frost BUT I want to make sure mine make it so I wait.
    If you only have a few seeds planted in the container and planted them in soil or a starting medium the can stay in it longer.
    Soiless mix loses it umph and they need to be planted, I am thinking about trying to feed with a REALLY REALLY REALLY weak compost tea.

Plus other factors matter as well. There are no true set standards it is what you think will do best.
    Hope that helped a little at least, but like I said I wait. I would rather lose a few to ensure I get some then to take a chance on losing them all.

• dbailey
    15 years ago

Happy Easter All!
    Off the subject but Petsmart has water lilies for $7. I picked up an "Attraction" and it already has about one inch of stems coming out. They also had mini cattails and some other lilies. I think they were "Colorado" and "Fabiola". Worth a look!
    Don

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Actually Don that sort of IS on the subject it is WATER plants even if you had to buy them!
    All of my "Attractions" died out, I traded a bunch off then lost all I had left how ironic, I think.

Can't remember what the others were that I had, I think water lilies are so pretty even when not blooming. I have been looking in stores here for water plants but no luck yet! Oh yes, one was 'Albida' It is white, but pretty don't remember the yellow ones name. I would love a Colorada...

Anyway, HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I've been looking at the big stores too and no water plants out yet! That's a good tip to check at Petsmart.. I never would have thought of them to have water plants!

I may be offline more often than not over the next 2 wks, but I am still participating and will check back in when I can!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

I was just checking back to see if anything new is happening, and boo hooo-I still don't see any offers for water hyacynth!
    Will check back, too busy planting bulbs and taking out a gazzilions of huge clumps of lemon balm to make room for daylilies, peonies, and irises, and planting a barrier of strong smelling chives, onions,garlic chives and barbed edible giant cardoons around my edibles to hopefully protect them from our local herd of deer wh've been watching with queen interest the huge expension of their favorite gourmet restaurant "Chez Chris". Chris

• sissifriss
    15 years ago

Chris I will send you some. I know what you mean about the lemon balm. I don't know how it travels like it does. I am busy too and going to New York next week for a few days. I also started my new job scary, but such a relief to finally have all that behind me. It is much harder now taking care of the greenhouse, but I almost have that under control now also, now for the trazillion milk jugs. :) Hope everyone is well. I talked the husband into putting in another pond Yippee.
    Myriah

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Yeaah for Myriah!! Now I got my water hyacynth!!

Gosh, talking about milk jugs, I haven't even given my gazzillions milk jugs and pop bottles and rotisserie chicken containers a second thought since I've been too busy trying to prepare the garden to receive all the plants I've bought, hear this- plants I bought!!! Why oh why am I buying more plants when I've spent the whole of winter WS-wing plants for the garden??

I just didn't get enough time to start the annuals I wanted, and the ones I did get to sow, haven't even sprouted yet !
    How can one resist the 6-10 inch tall tomatoes and peppers and cabbages, basils, and strawberries in stores, when one's own are invisible still??? How do you cope with that??
    All my sprouted plants are only about 1 in. tall. And the ones I sprouted indoors I managed to kill by bringing them outside too quickly.

So really, even the perennials that sprouted first after the kales, I really shouldn't count on them to make that great of an impact on my garden for 2-3 more years yah?

The only plants that should make a difference right away are the ones one gets from plants and bulbs exchanges only right? Because , even cuttings are tucked away in a corner of the garden getting rooted in sand for the whole season I think.

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chris - I know what you mean... I have the hardest time resisting buying those plants also and I know I have sooo many wsing that there is no way I can use them all. I try and resist or only buy the ones I know I don't have started in the jugs. LOL. It is almost impossible to resist everything.

I am planning on stopping back by the nursery tomorrow and see if their stuff is in if so I may have some new offers tomorrow.

Tammy

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

NEW OFFER:

Seeds for these-
    Canna edulis small-flowered, yellow (edible canna) 4 trades
    Papyrus 5 trades
    Asarina scandens Snapdragon vine 4 trades
    Sensitive plant 1 trade
    Bird of paradise Strelitzia 2 trades
    Zebra grass 1 trade

NEW REQUEST-
    sweet violet
    small start horsetail
    variegated iris (if avail.)
    sprouting gingkgo seeds (if avail.)
    sprouting Japanese maple seeds (if avail.)

I might not be on here often but I do still want to participate. We are moving, and house/apt. hunting. The truck will be here next week!

• victorian_bellefonte
    15 years ago

Hi,

This will be our first full summer with a pond, and I have almost no water plants, but have lots of other plants to share. Hope I'm not too late to get in on this exchange!

NEW OFFER:
    ~Plants~
    Pink bee balm
    Spiderwort 'Red Cloud' and 'Concord Grape'
    Purple siberian iris
    ~Seeds~
    Baptisia australis seeds or seedlings
    Small red canna seeds
    Gingko seeds
    Marshmallow seeds (look like mini pale lavender hollyhocks)
    Centaurea Cygnus 'Blue Boy' batchelor button seeds
    Rose of Sharon seeds
    Scarlet runner vine bean seeds

Also, please look at my trade page...lots of seeds there

I would really love to find
    NEW REQUEST
    Mini cattails
    Duckweed
    Elodia
    Pennywort
    Lotus
    Bog Lily
    Lizard tail
    Parrots Feather
    Pickerel Rush
    Water celery
    Water lettuce
    Water hyacinth
    Water poppy
    White Pickerel Rush

Thanks,
    Elizabeth

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hello Elizabeth,
    I am sure Miss Tammy will Welcome you!

NEW REQUEST:
    From grovespirit
    Canna edulis small-flowered, yellow (edible canna)
    Papyrus
    Asarina scandens Snapdragon vine
    Sensitive plant (Tammy if you want you can split when it arrives to you)

From victorian_bellefonte
    Pink bee balm
    Spiderwort 'Red Cloud' (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)
    Spiderwort 'Concord Grape'(PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE)

Tammy, I posted an new invite on the Aquatic Plant Exchange, Hope you don't mind. I was just thinking we needed more plants LOL...

Ok, I will update the webpages later today with the new offers and request...

Later ALL,

• victorian_bellefonte
    15 years ago

Hi Fran,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

The pink bee balm (acutally have two different pinks I can send) and both Spiderworts are yours! I have more available of each if anyone else is interested. thanks!

I'd like to request:
    from sassybutterfly_2008-Wendy:
    Chocolate Joe Pye Weed
    Asiatic Lady 'Corrida'
    Tellima Grandiflora
    Amaranthus 'Fat Spike'

from ncgardengirl-Fran
    Thalia Dalbata

Elizabeth

• sissifriss
    15 years ago

Hello Elizabeth I am glad that you joined. I would love to have
    NEW REQUEST
    Scarlet runner vine bean seeds
    red canna seeds

I will try to give you some water hycantith and water lettace however it may be later than the date I am at my limit and had an unexpected setback with them. But I am sure that I can hook you up by the end of may if you are interested.

GroveSpirit
    New request
    I would love some papyrus seeds Thank you.
    I hope more people join as well. Have a great night. I prob. will not be back on till Sunday. Weekends are BUSY> Frost again tonight :( Maybe the last one. My pickeral rush may never show its face if this keeps up. The greenhouse business is picking up so that is nice. Hope everyone is well.
    Myriah

• dbailey
    15 years ago

Greetings All!
    Home Depot in Topeka, Kansas put their rack of water plants out yesterday. Couldn't resist a new lily!(James Brydon) Marginals were $8 and lilies $10. Didn't have a lot of different marginals but had several different lilies.
    Don

• bigmama4ever
    15 years ago

hello evryone been tying to get ouside but the wind is just blowing me down. but i do know i have the folowing saw them from the corner of my eye wile being blown away jajaj.have canna bengal tiger, and a dark leaf canna with red flowers,3 caladium bulbs, oxalis purple and green (one ea) difrent begonia cuttings..grab bag of succulent (2)grab bag hen and chick (2)clump daisies, clump of somethin with small purple flowers. im just lookin for some water lilys, preferably red or pink, no white or yellow,and ee for the pond green and black..hopin someone will healp a sister out..norma

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!

NEW REQUEST:
    From grovespirit
    Zebra Grass
    Asarina scandens Snapdragon vine
    *good luck on your apt hunting! Sounds like it was a quick decision. I hope everything goes well!

NEW REQUEST:
    From Elizabeth / Victorian_Bellafonte
    Pink Bee Balm - either pink! :)
    Baptisia australis seedlings
    Marshmallow seeds
    *Welcome Elizabeth! I have you down for the seed requests from my list :)

NEW REQUEST:
    from Bigmama4ever / Norma
    grab bag of hen & chicks (TY!!)
    Bengal Tiger Canna
    Purple Oxalis
    *Welcome to the swap Norma!

EXISTING OFFER:
    Still 1 more 'Picasso' Canna bulb available

Thanks everyone! Still working on getting up some more offers.. supposed to meet up w/ a Freecycler next week. *fingers crossed!

~Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Welcome bigmama4ever, glad you could join us.

NEW REQUEST:
    bigmama4ever
    canna bengal tiger
    grab bag hen and chick

Tammy where are you? What's happening in your neck of the woods?

Sorry everyone I haven't had time to work on the unpdates, I am taking a quick break and thought I would come check the threads, I will try to get it updated tonight but I am going through my 1000 seeds and making a list of what them and then I have to go back and decide what to plant NOW and what to leave for WSing THIS winter.

I will work on it as soon as I can, maybe I will do it before I start the seed sorting tonight....
    Ik, well better get going, need to check one more thread then back outside to plant we got the new hosta bed in today.

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran - I am here... :-)

I was at the dr. all day yesterday and Monday is going to be more of the same... ERRRR everything just needs to return to normal. I am doing better and this is just followup tests but its still annoying having to go through all this.

I was outside most of today.. It was beautiful out. I put all my cold weather veggies in the ground and put out my bachelor buttons out of the wintersowing container (it was very crowded and thought it would be better to just put them out) **now keeping fingers crossed they will be alright*** Of course the other 50 some containers are still waiting. I went the store today and can you believe I spent 50 buck on plants ... what am I thinking... I have so many all my beds will be full and running over this year and I am still buying just one or two more... **But I didn't have any of them***

Welcome bigmama!

NEW REQUESTS:

grovespirit -
    I would be interested in
    Papyrus
    Snapdragon vine

victorian -
    spiderwort red cloud
    Spiderwort concord grape
    pink bee balm
    ***Have you down for mini cats...

Big Mama- I would love
    canna bengal tiger -PLEASE love this one.
    Caladium bulb
    Purple Oxalis
    ***I may have an extra pink. I have to wait until I actually pull and divide. I already offered two and don't want to guarentee it until I actually pull it up so this will be a if there is enought to divide from me :-)

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tammy, I will be so glad when you are back to being you again. I know all this is hard on you! I can't imagine how you feel going through all you have and now are with the medical issues.
    I think about you often, I hope you get back to normal for you soon.

I KNOW I said I would try to work on the updates Friday night but things happened and I wasn't able too. I will try to get them done BEFORE the weekend is out, but I have a new hosta/shade bed going in we set it up today and I have to plant out ALL I can SATURDAY (TODAY!)...I can't wait to see how full it is and when it matures!

Anyway, I will get on the updates as soon as I can, I am hoping that it is making it easier to keep up with and that everyone is truly getting some benefit out of it whether it is helping you keep track of your offers or your request or both!

Ok Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

New Requests I would like to recieve from:
    victorian_bellefonte:
    Pink bee balm
    Spiderwort 'Red Cloud'
    Purple siberian iris
    Baptisia seedlings

grovespirit:
    Papyrus
    Snapdragon vine please!
    Got you down for sprouted ginkgo, and maple seeds( will be best sprouted when with you, too tender from what i can see the few that has popped up for me.)

Big Mama:
    canna bengal tiger

If I haven't confirmed anyones request please let me know, I keptr trying to scroll back to see what i thought I saw and well can't find the post so please let me know if iissed anybody. Chris.
    By the way we 've just had 5-8 inches of snow again for 2 days now, a good thing it mostly melted away before dark, so hope my plants are hanging on!

• aquawise
    15 years ago

I am conferming the following requests.
    TAMMY
    duckweed
    creeping jenny
    varg. celery
    elodea

WENDY
    varg. celery
    varg. iris

SISSIFRIS
    varg. iris
    val grass

FRAN
    elodea
    varg. celery
    varg. iris

CHRIS
    val grass
    varg. celery
    varg. iris
    creeping jenny

DIXIETN
    val grass
    varg. celery
    varg. iris

DON
    val grass
    varg. celery
    elodea

Please check you want list and let me know if I have counted correctly!!!!!!!!!!!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok sense these are still available I would like to request them :D

NEW REQUEST:
    from Bigmama4ever-Norma
    grab bag of succulent
    *~*~*~*Welcome to the swap Norma!~*~*~*~* (Forgot to do it the other day SORRY!!!)
    Norma IF you happen to find a few more bulbs of: Purple Oxalis I would like a couple, I would take 2 bulbs, just to get a start of it! Thanks!!!!

Ok, I have worked on the request and offers pages, I THINK I have it all updated. If there is a mistake and you catch it PLEASE let me know! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Iris, wow, your move came up quick like mine! I hope you get settle quickly and it is not too much for you!

OK, off to go plant some more in my new hosta/shade bed....yeap I am taking pics as I go LOL.

Later everyone have a great beautiful day!

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

NEW REQUEST

aquawise, if you have any elodea left I would love some.

bigmama, if you run across any more hen and chicks I would love some.

I may be offering some more plants as we get towards the end. I am planting out my winter sown perennials and sometimes have extras. Remember these will just be babies. I'll let you know more later in the month.

Thanks,
    Becky

• victorian_bellefonte
    15 years ago

Woo hoo! This is fun!

Sissifris, I have you down for your requests, and thank you for your very generous offer of water hyacinths and water lettuce later. Fantastic!

Wendy, I have your requests and would very much like you Picasso canna!

Tammy, I have your requests and thanks for the Mini Cats! Im very excited about them!

Chris, I have your requests!

NEW REQUEST
    Picasso canna from Wendy

From Aquawise
    Variegated water celery
    Elodea
    Fiber Optic Grass
    Pony Tail
    Indian Grass

From kin2mice-Mouse
    Maiden Grass (?
    Sedum Sarmentosum

From grolikecrazy-Chris
    Woolly Thyme

From Big Mama~Norma
    Begonia cuttings
    Canna Bengal Tiger

Happy weekend gardening!
    Elizabeth

• aquawise
    15 years ago

Garden girl I have you down for
    Val. grass
    duckweed

Proudgm
    elodea

Please let me know if I have everyone right so I can label them correctly.

I will send extras of some things just for those that just need plants. Don't forget to send Tammy postage for these extras.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!

NEW request (I think?)
    from Aquawise
    Eloda (not sure if I already requested this?) I'm getting so lost..lol But if you have any left I would love a bit of it. I've heard it's a wonderful oxygenator, right? :)

There was something you were looking for on another page.. a seed of some sort or something? I was trying to remember where I saw the post. Do you remember? I think I had some of whatever it was..lol (Can you tell I had no coffee today?? LOL)

NEW OFFER
    Pink Hibiscus w/ red Eye SEEDS

Thanks!
    Wendy

• dbailey
    15 years ago

Wendy
    Please put me down for one trade of the Pink Hibiscus Seeds. I lost all my hibiscus this winter.
    Don

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    Just wanted to post I believe I have the web pages updated again!
    Please check over everything and make sure they are correct.

Thanks again!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Don ~ I'd be happy to send a bit more of some others I have as well, they're not amounts equal to full trades, but I'd be happy to label them all and share them with you! I can only plant so many..lol :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

BigMama - Don't forget to look at the link Fran made and make some requests from the lists also. I will do my best to get you some of your requests.

Becky - I will also be posting some more toward the end so keep checking back I am trying to get to the nursery but just haven't made it yet.

Fran - I will be happy when Im back to being me again also. I have one more test at the hospital on Monday. I am praying everything is alright because 2 weeks ago there was a problem and if its not corrected at this ultrasound they are going to have to do another dnc. So not looking forward to that. I just realized I missed your offers completely. LOL.

Marian - I noticed noone requested your coontail moss I would love a sm piece of that also. I am looking for a couple oxygenators.

NEW REQUESTS
    marian - coontail moss
    fran - Litrope, Thalia, orange canna, wild daffs.