Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Birthday Extravaganza Birthday Buddies for April

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Here is the thread for the APRIL Bday Buddies to post their wish lists. ( PLEASE post them before the 1st, but ASAP)

WE ALSO HAVE BDAYS ON THE KIDS SWAP THIS MONTH..SO PLEASE POST A WISH LIST FOR THE KIDS ALSO.

Mommyto2 April 3

sassybutterfly_2008 April 8

aphroditelaughs April 9

Flwrs4ever April 10

Taz56 April 10

MarkCase April 14

Proudgm_03 April 23

If you are an April Bday Buddy, PLEASE post a wish list now, so people can start putting cards together. We will not chat on this thread till APRIL, or till the last thread becomes full. (Dan, I wont post a questionairre this time..LOL)

ID like to say a very EARLY HAPPY BDAY to all of you, since I will be away.

Nikki, thanks a bunch for your help ! Anyone with questions, please email Nikki this month.

Comments (146)

• nikkineel
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Happy Birthday Aph!!! I'm happy to see that the cards are coming in. Sounds like some great seeds are finding their way to new homes. I hope to have some envies in the mail soon - Easter is really busy around here. Hope everyone is having a great week. Nik

• shropshire_lad
    15 years ago

Glad you got everything ok, proud_gm.....it is odd that both ends of the envy were open! I didn't send it like that, but maybe the post office got curious as to what it was??? Well, happy early b-day!!!

JJ

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I, too received the same two birthday cards today! LOL

Dan ~ ty so much for your 'bouquet-in-a-bag'! What a cool idea!

Shropshire_lad ~ I received your adorable kitty card today as well that included: Common Milkweed, Single Hollyhock, Joe Pye Weed 'Gateway', and a Joe Pye/Liatris/Ironweed Mix!

Thankyou both so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS,
    Wendy

• taz56
    15 years ago

Hi! Everyone! Happy Birthday all you April babies!
    I received the pinata, I took a pair of glove,Almanac,
    wind chime and some seeds. I replaced more goodies
    and seeds back in the box and it's ready to go!
    I'm running behind on some of my birthday cards so
    please forgive me for being late, but there a comeing!
    I also received a pretty card from J.J./shropshire_lad
    with seeds, hollyhock,joe pye weed,yellow daylily and
    asters tiger paw a great big thank to J.J.
    Hugs! Susan/taz56

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Susan ~ taz56! Hope it's a great one!

And a special Happy Happy Birthday to my best garden buddy, Kym! I hope you're soaking up that sun and really enjoying your birthday. It's still only 50 degrees here - I am very envious! There's a special one of these waiting for ya when you get home!

• taz56
    15 years ago

Kym

Hugs Susan

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Happy Happy Happy Birthday Kim!! :) May your day be full of sunshine and flowers! :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• aphroditelaughs
    15 years ago

Hello friends!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in on my birthday. Thank you all for the well wishes. I got up early and went swimming, then played with seeds and seedlings, bought some more seeds (bad Ellie!), went to class, and had dinner with my husband. A very nice day.

Happy birthday to the rest of the April babies.
    Ellie

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I tried to come on last night to wish Wendy and Ellie a Happy Bday but the site kept freezing on me...Im soo sorry Im late...

Taz...we get to share our Bday today....

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT BDAY WISHES, YOU ALL HAVE MADE THIS A VERY SPECIAL DAY !!!!

We spent the morning at Aquatica, in the water, or on the beach....we are resting, then going to Sea World for the fireworks. It is in the upper 80s and I am sunburned.

This trip was what my family really needed...it has been great fun !!

Happy Birthday to all the APRIL BUDDIES !!!

My dad said I have two cards waiting for me, I am soo looking forward to getting home !! I promise to let you know when I open them, and thanks soo much !!!

I wasnt looking forward to turning the big 4-0...but it has been a great day, oh...my son told the lady on the way into the park today and she made EVERYONE in line sing to me, I was sooooooooooooooooooo embarrased...

Miss you all, and thanks a bunch for the wonderful Bday wishes.

Kym

• andreaz6wv
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday all of you April babies. I haven't been around much. Soooo busy, as I'm sure most of you are this time of year. Just wanted to check in and say Hello.

Andrea

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Sassybutterfly 2008!
    Happy Birthday Aphroditelaughs! Happy Birthday Flwrs4ever Kym!

Cindy : )

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Ooops... almost forgot Taz!
    Happy Birthday Taz56!

Hope you all had wonderful Birthdays.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey Kym and Taz, I hope you both had wonderful Bdays! I was busy all day yesterday and didn't get online until late last night (this) MORNING REALLY!
    We had things to do all day, it POURED rain here ALL afternoon. But, I was busy with inside stuff and taking care of home stuff. WOW, isn't that oh so exciting.

Kym I KNOW you enjoyed your birthday!

Taz I really hope you did too!

I hope you both continue to celebrate today as well! I would hehe. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH TO YOU TWO!!!!

:) Fran

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I'm starting to get really aggrevated with my P.O. I have sent three cards this month and I haven't seen where they have arrived. The P.O. workers tend to ignore the Fragile Hand Cancel I write on the envelope so now I am worried that they were tore up in the machines and didn't make it.

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

HI Birthday Buddies!!!

Wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aphroditelaughs, Kym and Taz. Sorry I missed your 'real' birthdays. But I wish you the best in your birthday, birthmonth and the whole year through!!!

Also wanted to say thanks a bunch to the following people for the cute birthday cards and cool seeds they sent me!
    Shropshire_lad sent me hibiscus luna red, marigold crackerjack, single hollyhock and aster tiger paws. Thanks so much!!
    chellflower sent me orange milkweed, hosta seeds, canna seeds and yellow milkweed seeds as well as a really cute flower sticker. Thanks so much for thinking of me!
    Dan_the_mailman sent me a bouquet in a bag! Thanks Dan. Can't wait to see what kind of surprises I get!
    Plant-one-on-me sent me tomato brad's black heart, italian market wonder and a french heirloom tomato. Thaks so much Kim for sharing your favorite tomato with me. I can't wait to try it!!!!

Thank you all for making my birth month the best ever!!!

Monica

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

It's good to see those bouquets are arriving! I'm glad you all like them, I didn't know if you would or not, but I figured it was worth taking a chance. All those seeds are stuff I collected in my garden last year, so you can each grow your own flower bouquet and know it's a bit of Michigan too! I've got a bunch of that mix left to grow here, so it'll be interesting to see what kinds of flower combinations we all have in our gardens this year.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY/MONTH EVERYONE!!!

-Dan

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Oh Dan! That's just too cruel!

• aphroditelaughs
    15 years ago

I received two cards yesterday. Dan sent me some of his bouquet in a bag. I recognize some of the seeds in there, but not all of them. I am not sure if I am more excited by the ones I know or by the mystery of the ones I don't. I will plant these soon. Thank you Dan.

JJ (Shropshire_lad) sent Marigold "crackerjack"; Aster "Tiger Paws"; Hibiscus "Luna Red"; and Teddy Bear Sunflowers. Thank you so much! It's funny, I thought I didn't like Marigolds for so long, and this year I discovered all of a sudden how great they are. So I am glad to get more seeds for them. Thank you JJ.

Ellie

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday All April Buddies!!!!

...and a Blessed Easter weekend to Everyone!!!!

• riley17
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday everyone!! I know I haven't been on much but I'm still trying to hang in here. Sorry I'm a little late, but I've got packs to send out first thing in the morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

: )
    Holly

• taz56
    15 years ago

Hi! me again! I received 3 more b-day cards
    Becky/proudgm sent me pink hibiscus :)
    with a pretty card, thank you Becky!
    Chell/chellflower sent me a owl card who,who
    with datura and hibiscus seeds and a pretty
    sticker,thank you Chell!
    And Dan the Man sent me a pretty card with
    Bouquet in a bag, can't wait to see what all
    pops up, thank you Dan.

Susan

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!

I received another bday card this wkend and believe me it cheered me up BIG time!

From Melinda / ilovefarac : She sent me a beautiful butterfly bday card with Daylily seeds! 'Rosie Returns', Debbie Smith x Bobby Martin, Ed Brown x Tree of Gascone, Greywood Ponytail Classic x Orchid Blush, 'Little Business' and Witch Hazel!!!!!!!!!! OHhhh Melinda TY SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! WOW I am so excited about these!! ty ty ty!

I just wanted to say I may be off and on sporadically the next few wks. I had to go to the ER this wkend for kidney stones and since I have no insurance (eek!) I am paying on that bill instead of my cable/internet bill this month. So they will most likely cut me off by the end of the week. I will try to get on from friends' homes or the library when I can. So ty in advance for any more bday cards that may be arriving and pls be patient for me to get back on to ty personally!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• taz56
    15 years ago

Hello, who is doing the Pinata, I was wondering
    who to send it to, help, e-mail me please!
    Plus I received a pretty birthday card from
    Melinda, with sedum and begonia seeds! Thank
    you so much!
    Susan/taz56

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Susan, you have mail:)
    Wendy, I am so sorry to hear you have kidney stones. I've never had them but heard there was a lot of pain involved. I pray that God blesses you with money to get that bill paid.
    Happy to hear that everyone is enjoying their cards and wishes are being filled.
    Please let me know if anyone else needs addresses for April. This has been a great month. Nik

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

OUCH!!! Kidney stones??? Wendy, those hurt!!! I still remember having them, and that was over 15 years ago! You poor thing! Just do what the docs tell you to do, get the lithotripsy done, and get well soon, y'hear?

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Well lucky me, internet's still up today so far..lol I rec'd 3 more cards I didn't see yesterday so let me thank these wonderful people too:

Susan / Taz56 sent me a lovely card that included a bookmark, Zinnia Giant Violet Queen and Mandevilla!! WOOHOO!! Ty so much Susan!!

Becky / Proudgm_03 sent me a wonderful bag of mixed Morning Glories, Hibiscus Luyona, Green Envy Zinnia, and Mixed Larkspur! TY very much Becky that was very sweet of you to think of me!

Kim / Plant_one_on_me sent me Mixed mini bells (YAY!), Fish Pepper, and French Heirloom tomato 'Marmande'. I'm thrilled with these Kim, ty ty ty very much!!!

TY for the prayers, those are ALWAYS welcome! Yes, kidney stones are NOT fun .. rumored to be worse than natural childbirth and I think that's a true statement! :P I'm drinking LOTS of distilled water w/ lemon. Supposedly the acidity will help break them down.

Hugs!
    Wendy

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!! Wishing you happiness on your special day and all year through :P

Wendy, I hope you get better soon, take care of yourself ((hugs))

I want to send a super THANK YOU to Melina (ilovefarac) who sent me poppy lauren's grape, ciudad victoria, mortgage lifter, pink ponderosa and voyage tomatoes. Thank you soooooo much for your generosity! I can't wait to taste the tomatoes!!

Monica

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Mark!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Mark! I see some of my cards are finding their homes! so glad everyone is liking them! Keep mailboxing as I already mailed everyone's for this month! Melinda

• medontdo
    15 years ago

happy late birthday March, and happy birthday april babies!! ok, i'm really sorry for not getting out march's YET!! and i will get this months out, UHHHH.....things have been crazy here!! to say the least. LOL
    we are finishing up the last part of school for my two. and i just came off of these "bipolar" meds, ohhh my, i absolutely ahted that!! we did it how the dr said, and i still got REALLY sick. ugh!! thur we go in to see if i have sleep apnea because that may be my prob. instead of bipolar. now that would be awesome!! no meds for that. :')
    my dog "mason" just found out bunnies are NOT for cuddling. so sad!! LOL so now when we take them out of the cage, he has to be outside, poor thing, **grin** ~medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}

• suecirish
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday, Mark! Hope it's been a great day and a wonderful birth-month, too!
    Sue

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Happy Birthday Mark! Wish you a year filled with new plants and friends!

Wendy those too shall pass...

A great big thank you for 2 awsome belated bday packages, I love them ,It's lioke your birthday goes on and on and on!
    From Melinda (ilovefarac) Daililies Rosie Returns, Little Business and double yellow, and Mt Fuji Morning G., Awsome!
    A cute homemade card from Amy I(morguegirl filled withedible chinese amaranth,scabiosa burgundy vanilla,narsturtium night and day and whirlybird,siberian wallflower,and bitter gourd. And I thought I was through planting! Thank you you two. Chris
    My April packages will also be late, so sorry, been too crazy around here...

• markcase1964
    15 years ago

Thank you for the birthday greetings! I am on spring break from school this week and enjoying every minute outside in my garden.

1st batch of lettuce harvested today. Radishes and beets very soon. Swiss Chard and snow peas any days.

Planted maters, taters, carrots, peppers, squash, oh heck, ALL KINDS OF STUFF!

Looked at my winter sowing jugs and yuck, what a disaster.

So, direct sow I did!!!

Thanks again

Mark

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ahh Mark I am betting 1000 this month on missing Birthday Wishes! SOOOOOO SORRY, I hope it was FUNTASTIC and you had a beautiful day!
    Have a happy rest of the month!

Becky, I will TRY my bestest not to miss your Birhtday wishes! Maybe I should start marking this on the VERY LARGE calender I have hanging on my wall beside the computer? LOL...

Ok I have someone I need to thank for a very cute card and seeds!
    margarita10 sent me:
    Comm PK Swan River Daisy (thanks I have never grown these for some reason)
    Comm Pk Phlox Dwarf Beauty Mix (never grown these either!)
    Thanks so mush for thinking of me!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Oh My Gosh! I just got a envy from just1morehosta today! cAROL! OH WOW! THANK YOU SO MUCH THESE ARE GORGOUS!
    She sent commerical packs of:
    Sunflower Ruby Eclipse these are AWESOME!
    Sunflower Paquito Colorado very pretty!
    Sunflower Double Dandy Also AWESOME
    Columinbine Tequila Sunrise WOW, OH WOW THANK YOU!

Wow, thank you so very much these are all so very COOL! WOW!!! I can't believe you sent all of these, thanks so very much lady! YOU ARE AWESOME! I didn't have ANY of these!
    Oh the Bday card was nice too, it has SUNFLOWERS on it!

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hey Mark, Why are your wintersowing jugs a disaster? You are the first person who I've heard say that. Do tell...
    Kym should be arriving home soon. I've sure missed her! I will continue to host this month. You all can still send me a list of who you've sent to and I will compile it for her. Hope everyone is having a great spring! The weather is warming up around here - now if it would get dry enough to dig... Nik

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Yes, Mark I'd like to hear the jug story too! Mine have almost always done well..this was my 2nd year at WS'ing. That's so sad! At least the cuttings are doing well right?? :)

~Wendy

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hey all! Just a reminder to those participating in the for kids portion of this group. I tried to "bump up" the thread for the April babies. Sarah Kate and Stoney both have birthdays on the 23rd. I have not been as active on that part as I should have been. Since it is a different thread and all birthday lists are posted on the one thread, I have let it slip sometimes. If the parents/grandparents will please post a friendly reminder on the adult side, maybe that will help other ADD folks like me:) Thanks! Nik

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Oh Wendy I feel for you with the kidney stones. Been there, done that. I hope you're better soon. I can vouch for them being as painful as natural childbirth. At least with childbirth you get something out of it!

I received a wonderful card and seeds that I had been wanting. Yahoo! ilovefarac sent me Royal Wedding poppy seeds and Watermelon Heaven poppy seeds. Thank you so much Melinda!

I hope all of the April Birthday Buddies had/will have the bestest birthdays ever!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Nikki ~ is it too late for me to add my daughter in the kids' seed wishes for the May birthdays? She's JUST decided she wants to get into gardening (YAYYYYYYYYYY!!) lol She wants to do a memorial garden for her Gramma :) Just lemme know and I'll help her make out a wish list!

Thanks for the well wishes Becky I'm doing a lil bit better.. still not over yet. But I'm gettin' there! Drinkin' lots and LOTS of water!

Hugs,
    wendy

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Sorry I'm a day late but Happy Birthday Mark! So sorry to hear about your winter sowing jugs, waiting for you to tell us what happened.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I too understand Mark's plight with the WS jugs, I did it too. I think I know what he did! I know WHY AND HOW I did it, and it SUCKS!
    Then my son's puppy dug in my container of Dianthus Rainbow Loveliness and dug out the largest at least I STILL have some left but still, before that my puppy CHEWED up one milk jug to the point it will not hold in heat! ERRRR....
    it wasn't meant for me to have them this season!
    So WS hasn't gone well for us NC folk has it Mark?

Wendy good to know your on the mend!!!

• colcol
    15 years ago

Hey April Birthdays -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL!
    I hope you are enjoying your month. And best of all, the month isn't over and at least one of us still needs to get some out yet! That would be me :)
    Alwaysagarden, could you drop me an email with addresses?
    Or someone. I remember getting an email that said to save it and um, well, I failed.
    I have kinda been a bit lost. I've been working full time for 3 months now and job will probably last another 2 months at least. I'm not used to full time. It puts a big cramp in my old routine! I love part time where there was actually time for email, internet, hobbies! And now garden time is approaching FAST! I recently found a fantastic variety of commercial seeds which surprized me -- at a local feed store! I can't wait to get back there! And I really feel a deep NEED to spend some time at the nurseries in town!!! And this job is depriving me of my addiction! Actually I'm just kidding. So glad to have the job to have the money to spend. Anyway, I haven't posted much but you April birthdays are on my mind and will do what i can soon.

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Yes Mark, please tell what happened, my disaster is that I lost or rather, DH decided to tidy up the sowing room and could have thrown away the rumply stained paper I scribbled the names of the seeds I was WS! So the first 50+ WS containers I WS-ed before I implemented the idea on miniblind tags, are doing great but what they are is beyond me!!!.
    The stuff that are a mess right now are those seeds I sowed indoors and for some reason took them out too soon or what not, are all a mess or rotten.
    Now I understand why winter sowers prefer milk jugs and half milk jugs and pop bottles over other containers, they are trouble free, don't loose much moisture and protect thru wind and storm, I like my rotisserie chicken containers too for thickly sown seeds.
    We're having another bout of winter snow filled days 4-5+ inch this morning blanketing everything, my poor geraniums planters...Last night my son had a hard time climbing up our hill even with 4 wheeel and visibility was almost nil also. Where is Spring??

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Heather I got your card today, thank you so much for all the seeds you sent!
    She sent me moon and stars watermelon,horseradish tree,chinese houses,charentais melon,some Par -Cel I can't wait to plant and some epazote, hope they grow in my area, I've always wanted to cook my beans with epazote. I love it. Chris

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Susan and Linda, You have mail:) Please email if you haven't received it. Thanks!

Hope everyone is having great weather! Nik

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I received an adorable flower shaped card with a ladybug on it from Monica (mommyto2) and two packs of seeds from my want list. Yahoo! Thank you so much Monica for thinking of me. I plan on sowing these tomorrow!

Nik, I don't know about the great weather as I've been planting out some of my WS plants in the rain this morning. But hey, at least it was cool, and it wasn't snowing! Can't complain.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Wooohooo I got a card from divahethr today THANK YOU!!!
    She sent me:
    East Indian Lemon Grass THANK YOU!
    Victoria Rhubarb Thanks so much!
    Chinese Mosaic Long Bean THANK YOU AGAIN!
    YelLow Flesh Moon & Stars Watermelon WOW THANK YOU AGAIN!!!Strawberry Spinach WOW THANK YOU AGAIN!
    Bay Laurel Seeds!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN (DOES ANYONE know how to start these?)

Heather! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I appreicate all you sent me, wow, you sent some of my most most most wanted! WHO CARES IF YOU SENT LATE YOU SENT GREAT!!!! THANK YOU!!!
    I truly am THRILLED! Thanks again!

• divahethr
    15 years ago

Maybe if I start now I can get august birthdays out before 2010. This is why I don't work at NASA. LOL

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

PLEASE GO TO APRIL #2 THREAD TO KEEP POSTING !!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS THREAD IS FULL.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL BUDDIES !!!!!!!!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths