Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mkruby7

update: 'garden decorating round robin' come join us

mkruby7
18 years ago

This is 'All Year Round' robin. NO experience require or references needed for newbies or anyone else.

I also want everyone who wants to join know something small each month is good and it can be homemade. I know some of us can't paid alot for postage.

We will have someone new to send to every month. I will post who you will send to on the 6th of every month.

These are the Themes for each month:

April - hummimgbird feeder / birdfeeder / birdhouse

May - small garden statute

June - flag & pinwheel

July - wind chimes

August - garden signs & suncatchers

Sept - garden junk

Oct - candles & candle holders

Nov - table cloths / vases & your favorites Holiday recipe

Dec - pots & any decorating item

Jan - wall art / garden art

Feb - gloves & tools

March - garden book, plant makers & bells

You will also need to send (your choice) one of these - seeds, bulbs, cuttings or a plant with each months box.

If you are just joining. Please read below.

We will need to know a little about you. If you can email me your answers to these question with your GW name, name and mailing address.

What is your favorite color or colors ?

What is your favorite animal or animals ?

What is your favorite flower or flowers ?

Tell us a little about your gardens ? Is there a theme ?

Is there a want list of seeds ?

Is there a want list of plants ?

Is there anything else you would like for us to know about you ?

What size garden glove do you wear ?

RULES:

#1) if you have a problem with me or anyone else in this RR. Email me directly, do not post on GW. Sorry I had to say that.

#2) if you have trouble sending, just email me and we will work it out.

#3) if you can not send for a month or more but want to come back later or if you need to drop out. Please give me at least 2 weeks notice before mailing deadline. Thank you.

#4) the mailing deadline for each month is the 15th.

#5) if you are not sure about something. PLEASE ASK.

#6) Deadline is April 5th for April mailing. We will take new members every month. And the sign up deadline will be the 5th on each giving month.

So far we have:

~sguanzon

~gardeningwitch*

~anne_geee*

~dancingmoons*

~debbya*

~fivemeows

~agardenofweedin*

~amybabyboy3

If there is a star after your name, that means I got your emails with your answers to the questions from above. Thank you. Can the rest of you please send. Oh, I need to answer them too. Will do that right now.

We are going to have fun, mkruby7

Comments (82)

• gardeningwitch
    17 years ago

I'm sorry!!

I am a stay at home mom of 2 boys ages 4 and almost 2. I have been married for 5 years. I dragged my husband kicking and screaming to the country. I think he is getting used to it though!
    I love anything with fairies and gargoyles. I am in the process of taking out all the bushes around here, and puting in flower gardens. I live on a 25 acres in the woods. I love the trees, but I have no big spot for my veggie gardens!! I will be taking down some trees for my gardens someday. I eventually want to start a CSA. My main gardening in veggies...but I'm just starting to get into flowers. The easier the better!! For now.

This sounds like a really fun round robin!!

• wynative
    17 years ago

MKRuby ~ I have not recieved an address yet. I don't know if it is not getting though or what??? I really want to be in this exchange. Maybe someone else could get it to me? This email thing is driving me nuts!

Thanks and have a great day!
    Marie

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Joy,
    Thank you so much for my April box. I love everything. The birdhouse that you made is so special. You are very talented and I will treasure it. I have already planted all my plants and I love them. The obiedient purple plant, pink yarrow and confederate rose. I love the garden fabric and cute weather worm. Thank you again so much. I love it. Amy

• agardenofweedin
    17 years ago

Amy-
    You are too sweet. Thank you for the kind words and Wow that was fast-- I was worried about the plants. Happy Gardening-- joy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My package went out today. USPS tracking number
    0305 1720 0000 6251 8457.
    I hope you enjoy it, Joy!

• mkruby7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Marie, this email thing is BAD. I email you days ago. Maybe someone else can forward the email with the 'profiles' to you.

Is there anyone who can forward my email to wynative ?

Is there anyone else NOT get the email ?

UPDATE:
    agardenofweehin sent
    dabbya sent
    amybabyboy3 receive

WE STILL NEED PROFILES FOR:
    serenity lane ga
    ganesh108

We will only wait until April 14th at 8pm my time for your profiles. Then I will have to bump you until May (must have profile by May 5th). PLEASSSSE, we want everyone to play.

efrosty1 I will let you know on April 14th after 8pm who you are sending too.

Ok, it's going to be in the 80's here today. Got to get outside to water those seedlings. Everyone have a great day.

mkruby7

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Jackie,

I'm still in need of gardenwitch' address. Thanks.

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

wynative-- i have emailed 4 times..i am so sorry that you can not get mail.i have been there before... if there is some one you know you can get mail from have them email me and maybe they can forward mine to you.. i'll try a few different things..ok? please let me know if any get through to you.. erica

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Snyder( Ann)
    Be on the lookout. Your package went out this morning and there are some perishables inside. Enjoy! Amy

• snyder
    17 years ago

I sent mine to wynative this morning. Ann

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

has anyone been able to contact wynative through email? i can't get through to her, and would like to forward my mailing addy to her...thanks erica

• wynative
    17 years ago

Good news ~ I recieved a responce from Deb and she is forwarding Erica's address to me! If I get it today, your package will be going out this afternoon and I will post conformation asap.

Thanks for all the help with this, to all that have tried. Some work, some don't... I will keep working on this, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Wishing every one a wonderful weekend and that the Easter Bunny treat everyone very well :)
    Marie

• mkruby7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you everyone for helping with the email problems.

Got a email from serenity lane ga today. Just her address, thank you. But we still need a profile.

Still need ganesh108 mailing address by tonight and profile.

mkruby7

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

i will wait until monday/tuesday to ship out.. hopefully my pal will have her profile up. sorry not to ship on the 15th, i'm sure you guys will understand since we just got the addy today.. erica

• kellyinflorida
    17 years ago

Hi,
    Can I get in on this one?

Thanks,
    Kelly

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

I too will be waiting til Mon./Tues. to ship my box. I have it all packed up, for some reason I thought because of the holiday today the PO was closed, and i work Saturdays...So..... I am sorry DebbyA for being a couple of days late..Will post conf # when i ship :)
    Trish

• mkruby7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

serenity lane ga sends to kellyinflorida
    kellyinflorida sends to mkruby7

I will send you both emails.

Sorry ganesh108 I have not hear from you. Please email me when you can.

mkruby7

• gardeningwitch
    17 years ago

Hi!

I just realized as I was packing up the box, but I don't have Anne_geee's address!!

So I won't be making it to the post office today :(

Hopefully I will get her address before Monday!

Thanks!
    Happy Easter!!

• snyder
    17 years ago

I received a very nice box today from Annbabyboy3 for my April swap. Beleive I had Amy in another swap and she does a great job. This is what I go from Amy.2 perennial plants one is Lavatera, Looked it up and it has a beautiful bloom, also a globeamaramth purple, 2 bags of smellie good and it does smell good, a mini scrapbook kit with pretty garden stickers and10 mini die casts, and a beautiful wooden bird housse it is white and has flowers painted on it , they look like panseys, has a little scalloped edge all around it and a place in front that has some imiation grass in it, very cute. I Love it all Amy. You did a great Job. Ann

• agardenofweedin
    17 years ago

Deb- Got my box Saturday. Thank you so much for the hummer feeder and seeds. Great swap. Joy

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Ann,
    I'm so glad you liked everything! Your garden pal. Amy

• wynative
    17 years ago

Erica ~ your box is on it's way. Conformation #0305-0830-0004-0712-9484. You will notice when it arrives that it has been opened, yes I forgot to add something... Hope you enjoy!

Ann ~ My box arrived today and WOW!!! I love the brass & glass bird feeder, it is truely beautiful! This is the other goodies I recieved: 2 pair of bootie socks(will see if I get to wear them or not as my daughter has a sock fettish), an adorable cow planter, a much needed pair of garden gloves, lovely purple glads, they look almost neon in the picture, purple liatris, a cute little froggy garden stake and candy/cookies for my daughter.

Thanks so much Ann!!
    Marie

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

since i still do not have a profile for serenity lane ga, i am gonna guess and wing it.. i hope you like what i have picked out...lol erica

• serenity_lane_ga
    17 years ago

I sent my profile ??? not sure why no one got it my gmail is acting crazy!! I have emailed kellyinflorida for her address but I still haven't heard??
    Thanks Erica I'm sure I'll LOVE what you picked!!
    Thanks, Amy

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

Hello all!!
    DEBBYA your box is on the way!! Sent it out this morning :)
    USPS Conf. # 03052710000345676881
    Hope you enjoy it !!
    Blue Skies!!!

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

#03052710000099575638--now the only thing on my list is taxes tomorrow...eeeckkkk......lol erica

• mkruby7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I try to post last night, but something happen. And lost my internet.

I want everyone to know that the 15th mailing date is NOT set in stone. But please get out by the 22nd. We want to start thinking about the next month.

I hope everyone is having fun !

mkruby7

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

sorry it took so long to post, i have been working every chance i can get..i got Marie's box...it had bird of paridise seeds, and a lovely birdhouse. it will go great in my daughters new flower bed, we are planning..and a cute gnome cottage..lol to cute-my daughter loved it. she has it right by her bed..thats so much for making our week..erica

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

My box from Trish arrived today! What a nice box!!
    I received the cutest DOGGIE birdhouse! Plus, something from my 'most wanted' list- *LAVENDER MOONVINE SEEDS*... YAY! Trish also included 2 suet cakes/holder for the birds!

Thanks sooo much Trish for such a nice box!

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

These are for you also Deb!!...(My friend made them)Hope you enjoy them!! Glad you liked the gifts, I was so happy to get you them!!
    Blue Skies!!
    Trish

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Gardeningwitch -- your box is on it's way!

Sue

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Trish,
    I love the siggies! Thank you sooo much!

• gardeningwitch
    17 years ago

Sue!

I got it yesterday!!
    I love it!!

It is a very nice bird feeder, which I needed, My husband broke my big one!

And a really nice windowsill herb garden, and a lot of herb seeds!!

Thank you so much!!!
    It's been raining all week here, so I will enjoy potting up the seeds inside!!
    Thanks again!!

• wynative
    17 years ago

Erica ~ Glad you liked everything. I sent bulbs also, did you find them? I know there was also of packing peanuts but I hope they didn't get lost.

Marie

• kellyinflorida
    17 years ago

I am so terribly sorry about the delay with me, I won't bore you with the excuses. I have contacted serenitygardens with the information and my package will be gone tomorrow. I will make it a nice fat package to make up for my delay's.

So sorry!
    Kelly

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

wynative-- yes i got the bubls..lol i just found them in the box, as i was breaking it down 2 days ago.lol what a nice surprise that was.. thanks so much..i can't wait to watch them grow..

Label/Receipt Number: 0305 2710 0000 9957 5638

Your item was delivered at 2:27 pm on April 22, 2006 in BRUNSWICK, GA 31523.

• mkruby7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm back.

I know everyone has not receive there box.

dancingmoons
    mkruby7

Is there anyone else ? Please let me know.

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Haven't received mine.

• kellyinflorida
    17 years ago

My package to mkruby was terribly late *BUT* I shipped priority with delivery confirmation 0305 1720 0001 9674 8188 , I made it a very fat box with lots of plants included (at least 6) to make up for my terrible trading this month. I haven't received my box yet but I think my partner is shipping today. I will post upon arrival. Oh and I will be leaving for the Keys May 12th, If I can get my trading information for May before that I will ship promptly this month.

• mkruby7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sguanzon I sent your box on 4/27 - couldn't find the plant I own you. Had to go to three stores.

kellyinflorida you will have partners name by the 6th of May.

dancingmoons did you get your box ?

anne_geee did you send daningmoons box ?

mkruby7

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

Hi all..... No, i have not yet recieved my box or
    any e-mail from anne_geee. I will keep you all updated, and let you know if i recieve anything
    Blue Skies :)
    Trish

• kellyinflorida
    17 years ago

Thanks MKRuby,
    I look forward to the 6th to see who I'll be trading with, I have already started on my May box in an effort to be on time this month. I hope you can use some of the plants I sent to you. Your in a climate similar to mine and everything I sent does well here. I am excited to see my first trade box too. I will post when it arrives and let everyone know about the goodies I get. Thank you for doing this monthly trade, I know it is a huge undertaking and your very appreciated for doing it.

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Mkruby7 (Jackie)

Thank you for my most wonderful box. You really shouldn't have. I got the best geranium cuttings and an absolutely perfect bird feeder. Went right out and put it in my lemon tree. The colors match perfectly! Thanks so much -- can't wait to see who we'll be matched with in May.

Thanks again for being a great host Jackie!

Sue G
    sguanzon

• sheilaschnauzies
    17 years ago

I just sent you an email with my answers in case there is room for one more to jump in for May!

• wynative
    17 years ago

Only 4 more days till I know who I get to send to :) I also have the goodies for my pal ready to go.

I had to go shopping twice as I just knew that this month's theme was 'garden signs'. I shopped and shopped all weekend till I found the PERFECT sign. Then I thought I would check to see what next month's theme is and low and behold ~ this month is 'garden statues'..... So I got to go statue hunting yesterday and am ready for Aug. :)

Happy Spring everyone!
    Marie

• mkruby7
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please look for NEW: May 'Gardening Decorating RR' on May 6th. I will also email everyone with are new members profiles.

mkruby7

• kellyinflorida
    17 years ago

Thanks Amy!
    I got my package today and inside I found a bunch of goodies. I got a really cute frog statue for the garden, a mini wind chime, hummingbird feeder, mini hummingbird feeder, 4 canna bulbs, 4 packs of seeds and a cute little garden sign that says butterflies welcome.
    THANKS SO MUCH !!

I am off to decorate my garden,
    Kelly

• serenity_lane_ga
    17 years ago

Kelly.

Your VERY Welcome!
    I'm glad you got your package sorry we got so messed up with emails and stuff!! My favorites are Frogs and Hummingbirds!! Glad you like it and I hope you enjoy them in your garden!!!

Amy

• kellyinflorida
    17 years ago

Jackie did your box arrive? The delivery confirmation is 0305 1720 0001 9674 8188. If it hasn't arrived I hope it comes today before the plants die.
    Amoung other plants, I put some pink and white vinca in there for you since it was on your wish list.
    Kelly

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi I'm not quite sure how this all works, but I would sure love to join you. I to Im garden crazy. can I join you?