Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Newbie from Zone 9a California

Posted by onethousandblooms 9a (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 2:56

Hi I am brand new to this site. I would love someone to help me learn how to trade cuttings & seeds here on Garden Web. I feel a bit overwhelmed on how to navigate through the many options available. Thank you for your time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Newbie from Zone 9a California

Good morning and welcome! This forum is the Round Robin forum. You can read over the different posts and see if any of the ones interest you. The ones that say NEW are usually just starting up for that month. MNF (Make New Friends) is a good group that welcomes newbies and some of the other ones do too. Just check the requirements and see if you fit them. I hope that this helps!

Linda GW:lindaruzicka

o

there is also a lot of info on the seed trading forum and the plant trading forum.
The FAQ sections or the posts from chemo curl are full of essential info for traders.
There is info on how many seeds per packet and how to clean, prepare, and ship seeds and plants are there.
Any specific questions you post are sure to get answered quickly but most of the general stuff is already there.
Have Fun and welcome to Garden Web

o

Good Morning Lindaruzika & Beth b. Kodiak,

I have been reading the information on the site on how to exchange. Going to try to find MNF....ohhh I really hope I find some great gardening friends!

o

Welcome! thought i would mention the plant and seed exchange pages too-- if you go to the main exchange page, you will find links there. i think i remember seeing a few newbie seed exchanges going on on the seed exchange, and you might have more luck on the plant side with your cuttings.

partners and such have already been assigned for the march mnf swap, but april's should be beginning soon. i am hosting an easter basket swap on this forum that just started, and i also just listed a game that you are welcome to play.

GW is a great place to trade plants and gain knowledge-- and make gardening friends! enjoy :)

o

Emmylou, have you tried posting your email here on your member page? The system does not always work and sometimes they are posted but later disappear.
You can set it up so only members can see it.
bb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here