Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
obf april 2014 swap: buried treasure!

Posted by Panhandle_Seed_Swap 8 Florida Panhandle (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 8:17

OBF (Our Bloomin Friends) is membership group of regular participants having the option to join a swap here each month. Membership is required in order to participate. Please contact Shirley (Brittneysgran) or Carol (veeja3), if you want more information about becoming a member. Come join us this spring!

We all have buried treasure right in our gardens! For this swap, dig-up one buried "plant treasure" from your garden and send it to your swap partner. Seeds are a "treasure to be buried" so they definitely count, too. Another option would be to purchase a plant, root tuber or bulb from your local garden center or online.

Please include some extra "treasures" in your package... anything that your swap partner might like. You can use a treasure theme or an Easter theme, after all, Easter can be one big treasure hunt! Your "buried treasure" needs to get to your partner before April 30th. You can mail it in a bubble mailer or box... whatever works for what you are sending.

THE SWAP SIGN-UP DEADLINE IS APRIL 3. I will draw partners the following morning.

There will be a fun raffle as well. Everybody loves to find treasure! Tell us about a treasure that you found. It can be something you found on a walk, on vacation, at a yard sale or a thrift store, etc. It does not have to be valuable, just meaningful. When you post your story, you will be entered in a raffle for a great prize. One entry per person. Post your treasure story anytime before April 23rd. I will draw 2 winners that morning.

We are going to play Pirates Treasure Bingo (with a great prize for the winner!), in addition to the "treasure story" raffle.

Sheri

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 7:28

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: obf april 2014 swap: buried treasure!

Sheri, this sounds like great fun. At this point I have no idea what survived the winter. Daughter sent pictures and, except for some daffodils,it looks kinda bleak. Hopeing for improvement over the next few weeks.
Please count me in on this swap. It will be the first time in years that I have a garden to dig stuff from or plant things into.Oh, Happy Spring
Hope to be singing in the rain while I dig buried treasures.

o

Sheri,

I would love to dig for some Buried Treasure....sounds like fun!!!!! I am in!!

Happy Sunday!!

Annie

o

Sign Me up....sounds like fun!

Jayeanne

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 14:15

count me in, too! Sounds fun!
ME

o

Yay! Five of us, so far, are going to trade some garden treasures!

Sheri (Panhandle_Seed_Swap)
Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
Annie (canyonwind)
Jayeanne (pInkiris)
Mary Ellen (Mellen)

It's going to be fun!

o

Please count me in! We have found several Florida Highwaymen paintings that were really valuable. My husband worked for the landfill in Vero Beach. He went into a dumpster to find a rag and he found a painting. We had an insurance lady come to our house and she knew the artist. We sold it for 500 bucks! We found 2 more at yard sale and made big bucks from them. They were all black artists that took an artist class in Vero Beach in the 50's. They peddled their paintings up and down US 1. We found the last one at a yard sale about 5 hours from Vero Beach. The lady said they thought about changing the frame. Thank God they never did!

o

Sheri-Glad I inspired your theme for this months swap. LOL
In fact believe it or not I found a treasure chest yesterday while out shopping.
 photo 002_zpsff016365.jpg

I also found these cute little metal ants and I planted some sedums in the pots on their backs.

photo 003_zps1de3baaf.jpg

photo 004_zps857a0c6c.jpg

Awesome swap idea...count me in.

zackey-That's why I say don't ever under estimate yard sales, great finds.

Shirley

o

Count me in on this one! Sounds like a lot of fun! Melinda

o

Treasure Swappers so far:

Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
Annie (canyonwind)
Jayeanne (pInkiris)
Mary Ellen (Mellen)
Maggie (Zackey) - Opted-out on 4/1
Shirley (Brittneysgran)
Melinda (ilovefarac)

"Treasure Story" Raffle Entries:

Shirley S. - Love those ants! Great photos. :) Thank you!

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 9:45

o

Sounds fun. i would like to participate.

o

Buried Treasure Swappers so far:

Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
Annie (canyonwind)
Jayeanne (pInkiris)
Mary Ellen (Mellen)
Shirley (Brittneysgran)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Nikki (cinnie0)

Treasure Story Raffle entries so far:

Shirley S.

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 9:55

o

I'll be posting the BINGO game on the 4th, after partners are drawn. :)

Remember to tell us about a treasure that you found, if you want. It can be something you found on a walk, on vacation, at a yard sale or a thrift store, etc. It does not have to be valuable, just meaningful. When you post your story, you will be entered in a raffle for a great prize. One entry per person. Post your treasure story anytime before April 23rd. I will draw TWO winners that morning! :)

Sheri

o

I am sure I can find some type of treasure to send so I would like to join.

I just walked my gardens and although not much is coming up yet, the sun is shining and the temps are going up. As you know, it is only a matter of time before everything realizes it is time to put up their pretty heads through the soil.

At this time, I can't really think of a big treasure find other than the years I would go to the recycling center and go to the area where we would be able to dump garden waste. I found hundreds, (seriously hundreds), of cast off daffodil, tulip, and narcissus bulbs over time. I would con my hubby into driving by at least twice a week and we would grab up whatever useful things would be dumped. I picked up tiger lilies, grasses, grape hyacinths and more. Unfortunately, most of the bulbs were left behind at our old house as we moved in the wrong time of year to dig it up. Sadly, the new owners are not gardeners and dug it all up. I wish now that I would have asked them if I could get them from them. I imagine they ended up at the recycling center again and I missed it. I still haunt the recycling center in the spring but I think others do the same because I have not found any treasures in the last few years.

Sheri, the trunk pictures make me want to haunt garage sales and find one to plant in. They are pretty cool.

Margo

o

LOVE that treasure story, Margo! Welcome to the swap. :)

Shirley S.
Margo

o

This is a treasure I found at a flea market in Phoenix a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately I did not buy it. It was too big for easy transport and I was not sure it could survive in my yard.
Beautiful but not for me. Sorta like the fish story of "the one that got away".
I'll share a story later of one that is now Mine
Enjoying the stories so far and want to say I have ant envy! Shirley, those guys are adorable.

o

Good afternoon all! It is a beautiful day here, Been outside and took some pics of daffs, lungwort, hellebores, etc that are blooming now. Still have a lot that's just got buds but it is starting to be so pretty! I just love spring!!
I have found many treasures over the years, but this one is the most meaningful to me. Some of you remember my mother from GW, but most don't. She passed away on April 6, 2006 from complications due to breast cancer. She always had wanted trout lilies and never could seem to find them or trade for them. We had lots of shade and she always wanted them for so long! On the afternoon of her funeral it was a beautiful spring day and I was just so distraught and couldn't handle all the people around, so I did what I do when need to relax. I got in the car and drove to a little dirt road with a creek. I had never been on this one, so drove a ways and pulled over at this creek. I crossed the creek (lots of big flat levels of rock there) and sat down and cried like a baby on a fallen over limb. When I relaxed a little I looked around and what did I see! Hundreds of trout lilies and jack in the pulpit, trilliums and other things. Absolutely gorgeous! It was like she had led me right to them. Of course, I didn't get any, but did get some seed and have some. But go there every year and sit now. I know she is with me there and makes us both happy to have found the one thing she always wanted! It was an amazing find for me! Gave me the hope I needed to go on at the time!
But do love going to old dumps, old homesteads and things. Found many wonderful things at these places! I am definitely a junkaholic along with being a seed and plant aholic! LOL!
Hope everyone has a great afternoon! Melinda

o

I stopped by to say hello. This is a wonderful swap idea, but I'll have to skip this month. I'll stop in to visit though. I love the treasure chest pictures!

Jeanne

o

AAAHHH treasure......these treasures are not garden finds, but treasures nontheless!

Through the years I have gotten some darn good finds on lladros, royal doulton figurines, belleck pieces and waterford crystal. The people selling them had no idea of their worth. When they tell me $2 or $3 for a beautiful flawless waterford decanter, I am all over it.

One of the treasures....I was traveling in Oregon several years ago. My husband and I saw an estate sale sign.and decided to check it out. Two young guys, probably in their early twenties told us their parents were moving and they needed to rid of everything sitting outside. I found an entire set of 12 crystal rectangular scalloped luncheon plates each with the crystal mug. Also found 10 beautiful crystal ice cream stemmed bowls, So very cool....I had never seen anything like these plates/mugs or bowls. I asked the guys about the history. They said the crystal had belonged to their grandparents. I asked how much.....oh my goodness. They told me $5 for everything!!!! If he had asked $50, I would have said yes and thought I was stealing it!

And while in nursing school during the 70's, I bought some old medical books from 1902 for 10 cents each at a Goodwill store. But when I was going through one of them a few weeks later, I found a $50 bill. I actually took it to the bank to make sure it was not counterfeit. Green buried treasure....so sweet!!!!

I am currently looking for an outside treasure...a cool rod iron bakers rack!

Sheri, fun swap!!

Annie

o

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie

I really love reading about your WONDERFUL treasure finds. I just knew you'd have great stories! Annie... your story reminded me of my dad. He was an antique book collector and the same thing happened to him, except it was a $20 bill. He actually gave the $20. to me! Generous daddy. :)

Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
Annie (canyonwind)
Jayeanne (pInkiris)
Mary Ellen (Mellen)
Shirley (Brittneysgran)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Nikki (cinnie0)
Margo (smitties)

o

Welcome to our newest member Nikki (cinnie0). Nikki please tell us something about yourself. Looking forward to many months of fun swaps with you.

Love all the great treasure find stories. I will take a picture of a great find DH and I found 2 weeks ago when we were playing around with his metal detector. We plan to go back to the old home place next to where we live again.

Last year we went to yard sales in Atlanta, Ga. and my Niece bought a jacket and found $8.00 in the pocket.

Shirley

o

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 2, 14 at 10:25

Please sign me up for this swap. I'll start looking for some treasures to send.

o

Welcome Ruth! Hows the weather in Texas? Welcome to OBF, cinnie0!

Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
Annie (canyonwind)
Jayeanne (pInkiris)
Mary Ellen (Mellen)
Shirley (Brittneysgran)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Nikki (cinnie0)
Margo (smitties)
Ruth (Ruthz)

I'm going to announce partners close to NOON tomorrow. I'll post the BINGO game soon after. Fun!

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie

o

I'll join in this month. But it may be closer to the end of the month before I send out my buried treasure. Very cute Idea Sheri!

Ive enjoyed reading the stories, I love hearing what others have found on their hunts or just by luck.
Annie, I'm one of those that probably just walk by all those treasures and have no idea what they are. lol

Melinda, the story of your mother and the trout lilies was heart warming. What a great gift you received.

I've never found anything of great value, but seem to find little things that called out to me and so have come home with me. :O)
So my last little/big find was .... shot glasses, Margarita glasses, wine glasses, and champagne flutes for 25 cents each. lol I shared them with friends and family and took many up to the family cottages ... no more drinking shots from tiny Dixie cups ...lol. (the couple selling these were moving to the Virgin Islands, they had had quite a collection!)

Shirley, your Ants remind me of one treasure that brought me smiles for years. Sadly it is gone now.
Filled with Rose Olive Semps from GW Memer photo RoseOliveSempinPig06_zps9bb4934e.jpg

o

I am loving the stories and all the pics of treasures everyone has!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
My oldest grandson, Austin, is still in the hospital. Still has the tube in his stomach, so don't know when that will be pulled. Hopefully today. It's been 10 days and 3 surgeries within the first 5 days, so he has a ways to go. I have faith and lots of prayers going his way, so know that will help. Stoney Matthew is on his first full week of school in over 6 weeks and he is doing good! Thank God and all of you for your prayers!
One more day and we get partners! Yeah!
Have a wonderful day, we are in the path of the severe weather today! If any of you are please stay safe!
Melinda

o

Melinda, As always, wishing the best for your 2 grandsons. Austin has sure been through a lot.
So glad to hear that Stoney is back at school!

I went to Weather Underground and looked at your storm. It does look bad. A little too south for us, we will just get some rain.
sharon

o

Welcome, Sharon and thank you! Another excellent treasure story. So sorry you lost the pig. Did it break? You can mail your package anytime in April for this swap, so hopefully that gives everyone enough time.

Please keep us posted, Melinda. Sending love and prayers your way.

Buried Treasure Swapper so far:

Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
Annie (canyonwind)
Jayeanne (pInkiris)
Mary Ellen (Mellen)
Shirley (Brittneysgran)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Nikki (cinnie0)
Margo (smitties)
Ruth (Ruthz)
Sharon (toomanyanimals)

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie
Sharon

Love the treasure stories!

o

Yes, it was suppose to hit this evening, but already dark and wind blowing so hard, you can hardly stand up.
Was going to go to Harrison to the garden center and do some shopping, but going to have to wait until another day!My sister is just west of us and she said already pouring heavy rain and things are bad there already!
Getting thunder now!
Hope all stay safe today!
Melinda

o

Hello would like to join the swap. Susan

o

Hi Im Nikki.I am a single mom of 2( 21 and 18) and on my way to becoming a first time grandma of a baby girl. I am a full time student getting my second AA in web design the first in computer information systems. and I take care of my mom who has recently become disabled. I mainly focus on lilies, dahlias, brugs, and hibiscus, also have daffs, tulips, iris, and other things. I tend to focus on the odder, rare, and unusual colors.

My treasure story.
I started gardening 3 springs ago. I was annoyed because I had bought some cucumbers, and other veggies and the rabbits ate them. I searched the net for free seeds and came upon gardenweb (and a couple other sites). I hated flowers and never paid much mind to them. Since joining this site I have made so many friends and have grown my garden to an amazing size.. I have done many trades and acquired many things I didnt even know existed, and learned so much information about gardening. I know that this story may not sound like much of a treasure, but with gardening and my flowers etc it keeps me sane, gives me something to look forward too, and puts a smile on my face every time a new flower is seen.
My garden from someone who never cared for flowers:(theres more but no pics at the moment)
 photo 20140323_174647.jpg
 photo 20140323_174726.jpg

o

Hello everyone,
I have been away from OBF (and garden web) since fall 2011 and have missed you all very very much! A whole lot has changed since I saw everyone last, but the biggest garden news is that last fall I moved out of my little apartment... you remember the one where I "stole" space for the flowers??... and moved in with my pending-fiancee. Mike is a wonderful man who has declared himself "Pappa" to my two cats, and we have a little house on an acre lot! He used his brown thumb to help me liberate as many plants at the apartment as we could, but most were lost when the complex did a total dig out.

I would love to re-join the group and this month's treasury swap.
*HUGS* to all my OBF friends, old and new,
~ Laura

o

Buried Treasure Swapper so far:

Beth (beth_b_kodiak)
Annie (canyonwind)
Jayeanne (pInkiris)
Mary Ellen (Mellen)
Shirley (Brittneysgran)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Nikki (cinnie0)
Margo (smitties)
Ruth (Ruthz)
Sharon (toomanyanimals)
Susan (skyblue52)
lilangel181 (Laura)

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie
Sharon
Nikki - loved your story! So true!

Skyblue52 (Susan) and lilangel181 (Laura) welcome! I have to hear from Brittneysgran or veeja3.

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN-UP. I WILL BE MATCHING EVERYONE-UP TOMORROW MORNING. :)

o

Laura-Welcome back, so glad to hear from you. Old and new friends...nothing like them.

Melinda-Be safe with all that bad weather. Still praying for your Grandson Austin. So happy to hear Stoney Matthew has returned to school.

Ruth-Welcome back....so good to have you in this months swap.

Nikki-How wonderful ....you will have a granddaughter soon. Be prepared you heart will never be the same grandchildren are awesome. Can't wait to see your plants in full bloom. I love lilies as well, we just planted 350. The rabbits are terrible and eat everyone they find. We are going to fence the lilies in this year.

Welcome Susan and please tell us something about yourself.

Sharon-Love your little pig...sorry you no longer have it. I have a friend who loves pigs and has them in her flower beds.

Working on this flower bed...need more succulents.

photo 007_zpsf6f67fa2.jpg

I found 6 of these watering cans all different colors at Tractor Supply and added succulents.

photo 020_zps685058da.jpg

o

Just to recap the swap... send a plant OR a bulb(s) OR tuber OR seed packets to your swap partner along with some extra "treasures" that you think your partner would like. You can use a treasure theme or an Easter theme.

I'm woking on partners this morning. I'm going to draw names, but I'm also going to refer to last months OBF swap to make sure you have a new partner this month.

Love the spring photos, Shirley! What was that "treasure" that you and hubby found with the metal detector?

Welcome to OBF Ruthz, Cinnie0, Skyblue52 and welcome back lilangel181. How exciting! May we have many happy swaps together. :)

NEW MEMBERS: Please tell us about some of your "likes" or "wants" on your member page, if you haven't already. We love getting to know you. :) Thank you!

Feel free to post any question, here, on this thread or email me. Thank you!

Sheri

o

OK... sign-ups are over for this swap! We have an odd number of swappers, so I did a "swap chain". Email me or post, here, if you have any questions. Have fun! Thank you!

Sheri (panhandle_seed_swap)

SENDS TO

Jayeanne (pinkiris)

SENDS TO

Melinda (ilovefarac)

SENDS TO

Shirley (Brittneysgran)

SENDS TO

Mary Ellen (mellen)

SENDS TO

Annie (canyonwind)

SENDS TO

Beth (beth_b_kodiak)

SENDS TO

Ruth (Ruthz)

SENDS TO

Margo (smitties)

SENDS TO

Sharon (toomanyanimals)

SENDS TO

Nikki (cinnie0)

SENDS TO

Laura (lilangel181

SENDS TO

Susan (skyblue52)

SENDS TO

o

FUN GAME TIME!

*Choose 15 from the group below.

*Email me your 15 selections (do not post them here)
BEFORE April 8. Please put OBF BINGO in the subject line.

*Please keep a copy of your BINGO selections.

*First person who gets their 15 and calls BINGO wins a great prize.

PIRATE
CAPTAIN
FIRST MATE
SHIP
COMPASS
SAND
MAP
“X”
SHOVEL
GOLD COINS
NECKLACES
EARRINGS
DOUBLOONS
PEICES OF EIGHT
SILVER
RUBYS
EMERALDS
DIAMONDS
SAPPHIRE
PEARLS
SWASHBUCKLER
CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW
DAVEY JONES’ LOCKER
BLACK BEARD
WALK THE PLANK
MUSKET
SWORD
CANNON BALL
RUM
LIMES
PARROT
EYE PATCH
WOODEN LEG
HIGH SEAS
ISLAND
SKULL
CROSS BONES
SHIVER ME TIMBERS
PLUNDER
AVAST ME MATIES
MAST
SAILS
ANCHOR

o

Sheri

Sent you my bingo words.

Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend!

o

Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 12:49

Good Morning all.
What a fun swap.
We got some much needed rain last night, so the plants will be loving that.
I'm loving all the stories.
Melinda, what a heart warming story about your mother. I can't remember if I ever traded with her, but it's possible since I've been trading since 2001.
I've found many treasures over the years. None really valuable or sentimental, but still appreciated.
We have First Monday Trade Days in Canton Texas, which is billed as one of the world's largest outdoor flea markets. I've been going there for many years. I've found many Guardian Service and Westmoreland Milk Glass pieces there.
Closer to home we have a little Christian resale shop that I love to go browse thru. I found both of these and many other treasure there. My husband loves this Scott turtle bottle opener and uses it all the time. The frog music box is pretty special also. I believe I paid $5.00 and $7.50, and I think they are worth about $35.00 and $55.00.

This post was edited by ruthz on Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 13:48

o

Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 13:35

Just saw my first hummingbird of the year and don't have feeders out yet.
My bad!!!
I quickly put out 3. Hope it comes back.

This post was edited by ruthz on Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 13:45

o

Ruthz, I'm so jealous!!!
We'll probably be skirting in and out of overnight freeze watches here for at least another week or two. The daffodills are just starting to pop but in the meantime I CRAVE spring. Hummingbirds would be a bonus!!

o

sent my words in.

o

Ok, Bingo words are sent in and I have my swap person. I am just waiting for treasures to come up in the gardens. Shouldn't be too long now. We are both in the same zone which will work out good too.

The wind is blowing hard again tonight. I always feel like it is going to blow the roof off. Since I am in the country with no wind breaks, I have to consider whatever I buy as far as decorations so that they don't blow away. I have lost a few things including a bird feeder. It has also blown over my metal bird bath knocking off the decoration attached to it. Very frustrating. Would love to grow tall sunflowers but I am sure the wind would beat them down.

Have a good weekend everyone. Margo

o

Ruth-Two great treasures..way to go. Maybe someone in this group will find the ultimate treasure one day worth millions.

Sheri-Oh yes I forgot about my metal detector treasure...will get a picture and post it.

Mellen-I will be sending to you, yeah.

Shirley

o

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie
Sharon
Nikki
Ruth

BINGO players so far:
Jayeanne
Nikki
Mellen
Margo
Annie

FUN! Please keep those treasure stories and BINGO picks coming... the prizes are great!

o

I sent my Bingo words in yesterday evening also. Please let me know if you didn't receive and I'll resend them!
Been in the upper 60's and 70's this week and this morning it is 30! All my beautiful daffs and things everywhere look so sad!
At least there isn't snow, something to be grateful for, but for us it's been a long winter to what we are accustomed to!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Melinda

o

Hello I thought I would write about myself . I love flowers, tomatoes and lettuces. But going for the melon and squash garden this year. Want to try them all. I am more in to the growing then the organizion of the garden. Love those recycle ideas . Dahlias are my love and black eyed susans and daisies end up in vases. Hope to get to know you all thru out love of garedening.

o

Melinda, please send your BINGO words again. Somehow, I did not get them. Sorry about that. Thank you!

Susan (skyblue52)... thank you so much for sharing about your garden and "likes". We love to hear it! I got your emails and address... thank you!

o

Ruth, I'm looking foreward to finding some treasures to send you. This will be my first swap with you and hope for many more in the future.
Ruth I'll need your address. Thanks
Sherri, I'll send bingo words to you in a few minutes.

o

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie
Sharon
Nikki
Ruth

BINGO players so far:
Jayeanne
Nikki
Mellen
Margo
Annie
Melinda
Susan
Beth

o

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN-UP FOR BINGO! I will post the first words tomorrow.

BINGO players so far:
Jayeanne
Nikki
Mellen
Margo
Annie
Melinda
Susan
Beth
Shirley S.

o

Thanks for the bingo reminder, I just sent my list in.

This weekend I started a new job. (FINALLY!!) I am now a lovely part-time sample hander-outer-lady at the big Club store here... I spend six hours standing in one place pushing free samples onto unsuspecting people and getting them to buy it in bulk, then afterwards scrubbing and sanitizing dishes. They give us the weirdest things to hand out, too. Saturday I was given gluten free/ nut free seed crackers paired with a deli meat multi-pack, and yesterday I had to cook (on a hot plate) chicken sausage filled with bacon and chedder cheese. It smelled gross but we sold out anyway! People are awesome like that :)

Hopefully everyone else had good weekends too!
~ Laura

o

Laura....your back!!! Fantastic!! Is your "pending-fiancee" (love that) the same guy you were going out with a few years ago?

Beth, I gather you are safe and sound in MO? I think I have your address...need to check. Just in case, you better send it my way!

Happy Monday!

Annie

o

No Annie, I had expected to be there by now but,unfortunately I'm waiting on a part for my truck. Gggrrrrrrrr. I'm not happy but that's life. best just smile and keep on keeping on.
I'll keep you posted

o

Susan, Later today I'm going to email you some questions so I know just what kind of goodies to send. Feel free to post the awnsers here for everyone OR email them back, whichever you prefer!

ANNIE!!
Hiya! No Mike isn't the same guy from a few years ago but we've been together about a year now. He prefers the term "pending fiancee" because for the holidays he gave me a promise ring with small diamonds. He said it wasn't an engagement ring but he wanted to go ahead and claim that finger anyway, untill a proper proposal.

How is your brood? If I remember you had some little ones a few years ago??

Melinda, I understand you've got some sick little ones? I hope everyone is OK and send my best to you them!

Gawd I've missed yall!
~ Laura

o

Please be sure to sign-up for BINGO before tomorrow morning. :)

BINGO players so far:
Jayeanne
Nikki
Mellen
Margo
Annie
Melinda
Susan
Beth
Shirley S.
Ruth
Laura

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie
Sharon
Nikki
Ruth

Love your stories! Remember... I'm drawing 2 different winners for the raffle!

o

Sheri! Wow what a wonderful treasure box I rec'd today! Just absolutely love everything! you are so creative!! Included with the wonderful treasures is a super cute note.... "Avast me garden matey... here are some treasures to be buried in yer garden and some to bury in yer tummy as well. Enjoy 'em ya land lubber! " LOL Sheri has spoiled me with a super cute bobble head owl, patch covering up the one eye with a 'pink' bandana over the head (love!) some crocosmia 'red king' bulbs, Siloam 'New Toy" Daylily (gorgeous!) and some "tummy treasures" milk chocolate butter biscuits and alpine milk chocolate candy....yum! (nibbling on these while Im writing...lol) love the photo tags you included with the daylily and crocosmias! Thank you so much Sheri for the treasures, will be getting my hands into some dirt later tonight! LOL

(((Hugs)))
Jayeanne

o

Laura, welcome back. Congratulations on the pending engagement.

Ruth, just realized you live about 45 minutes from my son and daughter in law. They live in Savannah, Texas. We visit for a week at a time and might just check that out. I was looking at the website and it looks pretty neat.

Sheri, great creativity in your treasure box.

Looking forward to the Bingo game.

Margo

o

Laura-Congratulations on your new job....

Beth-Sorry to hear you are not on your way to MO....hopefully soon.

Jayeanne-Nice box from Sheri....I love Owls....he is so cute.

Goodness I could not resist posting my awesome find at yard sales Saturday.

photo 012_zps51f65864.jpg

Could not have found the crosses at a better time of year.

Shirley

o

I'm so happy that you like your goodies, Jayeanne. :) I'm happy the little "Owl Pirate" made it safely. Thank you for taking a photo!

I've never seen anything like those crosses, Beth. Very nice find!

OK... BINGO SIGN-UPS ARE OVER. Here are the first words drawn:

SAND
PARROT
CAPTAIN

o

Shirley love your find of the crosses, they are beautiful! You did a great job of displaying them. What a perfect time to find them too.

Sheri, yes very happy with the 'pirate' owl, right now he is setting on my table my girls thought he was just the cutest thing! lol

Going to share a 'treasure' story not sure if this counts or not, I guess Im not looking hard enough at garage sales...all the 'treasure' stories are great! what amazing finds! I had stopped at a garage sale this past summer to find 2 large containers...i thought hmmmm those are large I should get those, LOL. So i asked her how much and she said $5 for both. I couldnt leave them behind. LOL So I planted some spring bulbs in them and a few are coming up but not many, lol. This winter was so hard on everything hopefully Ill have something show up come May, LOL. Enjoy your day!

o

Hello to the new ones and to Laura, I think I remember you!
My, I love those crosses! They are great like that, what a find!
My oldest grandson is still in the hospital, but is getting some better. Hopefully today or tomorrow, but still throwing up some, he's lost 25 lbs. in the last 2 weeks, and still getting a lot of pain med. The youngest went to his first full week of school last week and is getting better all the time. Not sure what was wrong, we'll see and hopefully it was just a fluke of some kind and we'll never see it again. Thanks for all who sent positive thoughts and prayers.
It's raining again and I so wanted to work in the yard today. Places yesterday from all the rain would sink about 3 or 4 inches when walking! So it'll be fun now for sure!
I hope all have a great day! Melinda

o

Melinda-We had rain Monday and very cloudy and windy today. Sorry to hear Austin is still in the hospital. Will continue to pray for his healing.

Jayeanne-Those pots are definitely a great treasure. I look for flower pots at all yard sales and thrift stores. I love to display the large ones outside in flower beds.

Sheri-I have one of the BINGO words.

My helleborus have been beautiful this year.

photo 001_zps7d1fdc6f.jpg

photo 019_zps6f7cef96.jpg

Tulips are now blooming

photo 008_zpse32eeb51.jpg

Shirley

o

Jayeanne, I'm going on a "Treasure Hunt" for containers myself, today. Never pass-up a good container! :)

Melinda, it seems the love and prayers are working! I'm so sorry that Austin is still in pain, though. Please keep us posted.

Gorgeous spring photos, Shirley. Thank you!

TODAY'S BINGO WORDS:

HIGH SEAS
RUBYS
DAVEY JONE'S LOCKER

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie
Sharon
Nikki
Ruth
Jayeanne

o

The flower pictures posted are beautiful. I saw some of those hellebores the other day and wondered what they were. I plan to get some of those in my garden. So pretty. I am still waiting for my bulbs to bloom and they are getting close. The crocus bloom more and more each day but I did lose some over the winter unless they are afraid to come out yet.

I saw spiders outside today. I am not a spider fan but this is yet another sign of spring so it made me smile. Probably the only smile a spider will get from me this year.

Margo

o

Shirley love your photos! Do you cut your helleborus back in the fall or spring? I have one i didnt cut back and it looks rather ragged from the winter.

Another question.... was wondering if anyone might know of a good place to find Iris? I decided to make a new bed this year just with Iris in memory of my grandmother. They were her favorite and she is the one who got me into gardening. I havent been successful yet in finding any good links... if anyone knows of a good place please feel free to email me. Our temps are slowly rising...and bulbs are finally deciding to poke their little heads! yay!

enjoy your evening ladies =)
Jayeanne

o

TODAY'S BINGO WORDS:

RUM
DIAMONDS
SWASHBUCKLER

o

Jayeanne-I order lots of irises from Denise at Snowpeak Irises. I don't cut the helleborus back but I cut all the dead leaves off come Spring.

Shirley

o

TODAY'S BINGO WORDS:

EYE PATCH
MUSKET
WOODEN LEG

o

TODAY'S BINGO WORDS:

CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW
SHOVEL
DOUBLOONS

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie
Sharon
Nikki
Ruth
Jayeanne

o

Shirley as usual your pictures are to die for! A row of hellabores ... I never thought of that. Ive always seen them in bunches. Yours are so colorful. I received a couple green ones in a trade and these guys just go gang busters, I transferred some to the woods just behind our fence ... so far they are deer proof! I have several others I got in a co-op a couple years back ... they have had a harder time of it and haven't bloomed yet. They are supposed to have more color.

Jayanne, Ive received all my iris from friends and trades ... mostly from Shirley. lol

Supposed to be beautiful today. I hope to spend most of it outside.

sharon

o

Hello!
Im all excited over the beautiful weather we're having here! Too bad I've been working during the days and havent been able to enjoy it as much as I'd like but the pictures on here are just as wonderful. Also, Mike and I are going to drive down to Tennessee to visit my parents for Passover, so double exciting! We're leaving tonight after work and driving part way, so should arrive in Memphis tomorrow afternoon/ evening.

Susan, did you get my email by chance? I'm planning to send out your box a little after we return.

Have a good day everyone!
~ Laura

o

Melinda - your box is on the way. Shirley and Sharon thanks for the info on the Iris and that site Shirley. Looks like a good one! Shirley here is a pic of my helleborus doesnt look anything like yours...mine looks terrible =( Any tips?

Enjoy your weekend everyone! My first crocus bloomed today! LOL
Jayeanne

o

Helleborus...I don't know if they grow out here. I need to check on that.

Laura, Happy Passover!! Safe travels to TN.

Beth, I will email you. I know you are not in MO yet....For now, I will plan on sending after Easter/whatever works for you. I can always send to your daughters home in Mo to be safe???

I love the treasures you have all discovered!!

Happy weekend!!

Annie

o

Hi Ladies, this will be quick. LOts to do and I'm on a "coffee break" from unpacking and trying to get garden spaces ready.
Annie I sent you a note. Hope you got it. Shirley, the plants you sent last fall survived and look good. The new front yard is full of daffodils AND,,,,, "advice please"..... The place where I planned to put my hostas is loaded with sow bugs, pill bugs, whatever. Is there some safe way to get rid of them or are they OK to ignore? I have seen a few at a time before but never anything like this. It looks like somebody announced a crow convention with FREE corn.
OK, back to work. I'll check for suggestions in the AM
THanks Gals

o

Beth-Sounds like you made it to MO. The daffodils are done here and the tulips are now in full bloom. I think the biggest harm to hostas is slugs...ohh I hate those slugs. My hostas come up all beautiful and before you know it slugs have eaten holes all through them. If you are concerned about the pillbugs use some Diatomaceous Earth (DE) to get rid of them.

Jayeanne-The helleborus does look unhappy. I have never had any to do that. You did not recently have a cold snap did you? They will lay down like that if it got to cold. I believe I would move it to another location and see how that works. They love good soil and well drained.

Annie-They love cool weather so not sure about CA. weather. They may not be long-lived in your zone 9.

Shirley

o

Beth... Pill Bugs don't hurt anything. They're actually good for composting (similar to worms). They love to eat dead plant material. We had them all over the begonia and impatiens bed at the farm house where I grew-up. I guess you could move them to your composting area, if there is a disturbing amount in your hosta bed.

BINGO WORDS FOR TODAY!

PEARLS
MAST
BLACK BEARD

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

o

Thanks Shirley and Sheri for the info on the pill bugs. I never remembered them as being a problem but I sure never saw so many in one place. Anyway, I'll remember to keep them on the Good Guys list.
It's supposed to hit 25 degrees tomorrow night. S,o I think the hostas will stay in the boxes in the shed for a few more days anyway.
Anyone have names for these Daffs? I remember folks calling the double "Rip van Winkle, years ago. But don't know if that is correct.
Ruth I should be mailing by the end of the week unless you prefer waiting until after Easter

o

Beth, you made it to MO!!! I did not receive your email.

Shirley....thanks! I was reading about the helleborus. I had no idea the lenten rose was in the helleborus family.

Happy Sunday!

Annie

o

Melinda and whomever- I know you missed the lily co-op and I just received this e-mail about a 3 day sale at Gilbert H. Wild.
http://www.gilberthwild.com/Lily-Oriental-Collection-BOGO-Free/productinfo/L-C-DOU/?utm_source=Gilbert+H.+Wild+and+Son+LLC&utm_campaign=d2f2d8d911-BOGO_Oriental_Lilies4_11_2014&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e034f189f9-d2f2d8d911-118974837

Shirley

o

Weather....hail and wind tonight. Tomorrow snow and falling temps. Going down into the twenties tomorrow night. What's next?

o

TODAY'S BINGO WORDS:

LIMES
EMERALDS
SKULL

o

I stopped by to wish everyone a Happy Easter if you celebrate it - or Passover - or any other lovely Spring event.
This swap looks like it was a fantastic idea!

Laura, I remember you. Welcome back!
Beth, wishing you much happiness in your new location.
Shirley, your hellebores are lovely. I have some and they have done well in terms of their longevity, but I have no blooms this year. I think they need some attention before winter. Hopefully I can remember to pamper them a bit.
Jayeanne, I love the package you received. The pirate sayings are wonderful!

Enjoy your day!
Jeanne

o

hey everyone, stopped in to say hello. last minute again this year, but I need to get the taxes done, so short and sweet. thought I had two more days, but tomorrow is the 15th i'm still recovering from a tea our service unit hosted for scouts. i organized it, did the cooking, shopping ,baking, you name it...but it was a wonderful day and the girls had a great time. we had an historian come in - dressed like the original Juliette, games, songs, activities and a hat contest...most of the girls decorated a hat under a few specific categories. what a day. i still need sleep! tomorrow we will sort and box up all the donations that everyone brought in for the various servicemen that we adopted as a part of our service unit project!

the past few nights, we have been volunteering at the environmental center, helping the toads to cross to the reservoir to do their toadly duty and lay there eggs. hundreds are coming out of hibernation and need to cross safely. not all make it - yuck - but the majority do with the help of a bunch of volunteers. seems like a crazy thing to some people, but it's a bunch of fun, especially when you actually get them. our first night, just one - the other night, we got 28! so it was exciting

beth, think of you often, I was watching a show that was showing Kodiak Alaska, no wonder you stayed there as long as you did - beautiful, to say the least! as for the pill bugs, the area you are finding them is just real moist and that's what they like. move them around, no need to kill them off. I've never had a problem with them eating plants. if you have a piece of decaying wood, put that in the area, and they will gravitate to it.

laura, welcome back, long time no see! glad to hear all is well with you.

loving these treasure boxes of plants/flowers. and as always, Shirley, your garden beds are gorgeous!

I did a little work today, more clean up that anything. still plenty to do, but slowly - can't take too much at once anymore.

hope everyone is well and that you have a happy Passover or Easter.

Happy spring - many blooms!
Maryanne

This post was edited by earthlydelights on Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 20:20

o

Hi Maryanne-We keep losing you lady. LOL You do some of the most fun things ever....helping the toads!!!! What fun is that. No wonder your GD wants to spend so much time with her Grandma. What a nice thing to do for the servicemen as well.

Sheri-I only have three BINGO words....which is better than the BINGO at work...I have none so far on that card.

My dwarf irises are blooming and they are so cute.

Leprechauns Delight
Leprechauns Delight photo Dwarfirises008.jpg

Firestorm
Firestorm photo Dwarfirises035.jpg

Serenity Prayer
Serenity Prayer photo Dwarfirises034.jpg

Serenity Prayer photo Dwarfirises018.jpg

Cream Cake
Cream Cake photo Dwarfirises005.jpg

Shirley

o

FOUR BINGO WORDS TODAY!!!

MAP
PEICES OF EIGHT
WALK THE PLANK
EARRINGS

Treasure Story Raffle entries so far (drawing 2 winners on April 23rd):

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie
Sharon
Nikki
Ruth
Jayeanne

Buried Treasure Swap Package Received By:

Jayeanne (pinkiris)

o

Shirley I am beginning to think that maybe the helleborus is not doing well because that is planted right next to a walk where salt was laid down and when the walk was shoveled and more salt that maybe the rock salt had gotten onto the helleborus? that is the only think I can think of. Its been cold here but who knows maybe something like that happened.
I just love your mini iris! they are so cute and beautiful! I cant believe they are blooming already! We have nights this week dipping below 30 still. LOL Enjoy your day ladies!

Jayeanne

o

Absolutely love the pics of the iris, Shirley!
Hope everyone didn't get too much of a freeze or snow last night! We were supposed to have a bad freeze and I just knew all my flowers were going to be dead this morning. But, Yahoo!, they are not! Already up to 48 right now!
I'm working on my box and should go out today or tomorrow!
Have a great day ladies!
Melinda

o

My goodness, tough to find anything coming up for mailing when you have two inches of snow on the ground. Enough all ready. Probably going to go to plan B.

The gift shop I work at sells plants every spring, herbs and a limited amount of perennials. The first delivery is do in three weeks and we are praying the temperatures get up to normal and stay there. If not, we end up having to bring them in the shop and night and taking them back out in the morning. A big hassle.

I have 10 words in Bingo so far.

Margo

o

Hello! I rec'd my great package from Jayeanne!
It had a lovely Easter card in it!
bag of chocolate gold coins
Beautiful turquoise crab with seashells on it with candle in the middle.
Will post pics later.
And 2 daylilies-
Showinner
Little Missy
I loved it all! Thank you so very much! Melinda

o

Goodness it's cold outside...if the wind dies down there will probably be a huge frost in the morning. DH has been covering up my peonies all evening. They are so big and full of blooms.

Margo-I would spend all my earnings buying plants if I worked where they sold them.

Glad you ladies enjoyed the pictures of the irises.

Jayeanne-The salt may be the answer. Don't you hate when a plant dies or whatever and you don't have the answer as to why.

Shirley

o

Here are the pics of the beautiful crab candle I rec'd from Jayeanne! It has a new home with my display of sea shells!

o

We ended up with just over 3 inches of snow yesterday.

Detroit/Detroit Metro Area set a record for snow in the city this winter with a total of 94.8 inches, 1.2 inches more than the previous record which was set 133 years ago.
Even though I'm about 20 mins south of Detroit, I still live in the Detroit Metro Area.
May not sound like much to some of you, but it was for us. LOL
Hopefully we are done with snow for this fall/winter/spring!

I got my box sent off yesterday ... forgot it was tax day, sure was a long line at the PO.

Lovely pics of your iris Shirley.
Melinda, love the candle! What a nice box.

sharon

o

TODAY'S BINGO WORDS:

SAILS
FIRST MATE
SWORD
CANNON BALL

Buried Treasure Packages Received:

Jayeanne (pinkiris)
Melinda (ilovefarac)

I love the crab candle!

o

Shirley, it is easy to spend my paycheck for sure. I do get the chance to order at cost when the owner places the order in February. The smaller plants would have to be ordered by the flat as I can't just get one at cost. I did order two flats of small lavender as we are going to put in a lavender area this year. I also bought two large pot perennials as well. When the plants come in, I do buy some of the smaller herbs as I do get a discount.

I received my treasure today which was a treasure of goodies in an Easter box. Ruth lined the box with Easter grass and used grass as a packing material on top too. In my boxbasket was Easter peeps, two types of peanut butter eggs, plastic eggs filled with butterfinger eggs. All these chocolates have been tested to make sure they are of good quality. :) There was a package of chocolate flower seeds which is great because I have planted these seeds before but the plants died last year. I also received a Japanese Iris, Imperial magic. Along with this was an Easter card. Thank you Ruth for my treasures.

I plan to get out in the garden this weekend and plant the iris as I have some other things to get in the ground as well. We received 2 inches of snow yesterday and I am hoping there will be no more.

I am working on finishing my box today and will get it mailed within the next couple of days.

Margo

o

Shirley's box is on it's way! I hope everything arrives ok! Enjoy!
Melinda

o

Melinda-Will let you know when it arrives.

Mellen-I'm waiting on this cold snap to pass so I can get your box together. We are supposed to have a gorgeous week-end.

Everyone sends the cutest things in their boxes, love the little crab.

Shirley

o

Buried Treasure Packages Received:

Jayeanne (pinkiris)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Margo (smitties)

Hey Sharon (toomanyanimals)... Margo and I need to double check on your address. We have 2 different cities listed. Thank you!

BINGO WORDS FOR TODAY:

NECKLACES
COMPASS
AVAST ME MATIES

o

Hi ladies!
I just wanted to let everyone know we got home safe and sound today. Memphis was wonderful, and since my brother and his fiancee were also in town mom was in heaven. She kept telling people that "suddenly she went from two children to four"!! From left to right is Mike, Me, my brother's fiancee Kate, and my brother Jon.
 photo e20f6eb6c1024941a22d81bddbf4e16c.jpg

o

I got my buried treasure today. Thank you Sharon. It is cute. I opened the box to find a map, under the map was my treasure.
The map:
 photo 20140417_142146.jpg
The treasure:
 photo 20140417_142334.jpg

o

Sharon-Love the neat idea you had...too cute. I have always loved the iris immortality. Just one of the few that will re-bloom each year.

Laura-Glad you made it back home safely. Thanks for sharing your family picture. It's always nice to put faces with names.

Sheri-I only like 5 BINGO words.

Yeah I'm off tomorrow for Good Friday, nothing like a three day week-end.

Shirley

o

TODAY'S BINGO WORDS:

ISLAND
GOLD COINS
ANCHOR

Buried Treasure Packages Received By:
Jayeanne (pinkiris)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Margo (smitties)
Nikki (cinnie0)

Love your family photo, Laura!

GREAT treasure package from Sharon to Nikki. Thank you for taking a photo of it, Nikki. :)

o

Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 9:24

Good Morning OBF's.
It's staying colder here later than normal this year. Monday night got down to 34. The lady that organizes our annual plant swaps said her perennials aren't even up yet and the spring plant swap is the 27th.
We've been in San Antonio for the last couple of days. It was a nice little road trip. Lots of Texas natives blooming, Texas Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrush, pink primrose, verbena and many others.
And of course we stopped in Lockhart for some Texas barbecue.
I'm loving all the pictures and stories.
Smitties, glad your treasures arrived safely and before Easter.
What Easter plans do you all have?
I have 10 bingo words.

o

Ruth-I think this winter may not end!!!!! We had temps of 29 Monday and 32 Tuesday. After Church on Sunday I have close to 30 coming to our house to eat and hide eggs. I have had this for years, the kids like hiding the eggs in my flowers. We even hide a gold and silver egg for the grown-ups to find. We have money in both to make it more challenging.

I am looking for some brug cuttings if anyone has any for trade. I may have something you are looking for in a trade.

Shirley

o

Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 0:16

Shirley, your Easter egg hunt sounds like fun. Don't know if we'll do one this year, but my 13 year old grandson did say he's not too old to hunt eggs. Of course we always put money in some of the eggs and that may be his motive.

I have some brugmansia's but haven't put them outside yet so I'm not sure if they all survived winter. I know some have green leaves and some don't have any leaves.
Check my list if you'd like and I can let you know.

o

TODAYS BINGO WORDS:

SHIVER ME TIMBERS
"X"
SHIP

Your Easter party sounds like so much fun, Shirley! :)

o

Yeah I'm getting close to having BINGO.....

Ruth-Would love any brugs...lost all mine. But since you have this awesome list I can't resist in checking them all out. I truly want one of every color if possible. How about Cherub, Naughty Nick, Eternity, Isabella, Whiskers and the Species Dbl white. Our last frost date here is May 9th so anytime on them will be OK. Thanks and let me know what you are looking for in a trade. I have daylilies, irises, crocosmia, hostas, helleborous, lilies, and a few other things.

Shirley

o

Good morning to all you ladies! It's going to be a beautiful day! I have a lot of things to plant in pots for the patio and few more things to add to flower beds. Still need to clean out some! I think I have too many! LOL!
For Easter, going to church and having a small dinner for me and my stepdad. Maybe for Austin also, unless he goes home.
For those of you who have prayed for my 2 grandsons, thank you so very much! The littlest is now going to school. He missed a few days this week due to a bad cold, but he's got his homework caught up and though he seems weak, he is so much better. Still no answers, and hopefully whatever it was it won't show up again. The oldest who is here with me, came home a week and half ago. The 15
days in the hospital and 2 surgeries really took it's toll. He is doing better than I thought he would. He lost 32 lbs. during the ordeal. Already got 3 back and is getting stronger by the day. I'm feeding him well and he's drinking protein drinks in between. But thanks to all of you!
I hope each of you has a wonderful Easter and remember what the holiday is for ! Hugs, Melinda

o

Ruthz I would love a couple of cuttings of your brugs. I only have a frosty pink a noid yellow a noid white. not even at blooming size. please check my list to see if we can trade.
interested in
whiskers
rose traum
dr seus
naughty nick
cherub
species
well honestly im interested in any i can get my hands on. lol.

I have been enjoying reading about all of you, getting to know more about you.

o

BINGO WORDS DRAWN SO FAR:

SAND
PARROT
CAPTAIN

HIGH SEAS
RUBYS
DAVEY JONE'S LOCKER

RUM
DIAMONDS
SWASHBUCKLER

EYE PATCH
MUSKET
WOODEN LEG

CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW
SHOVEL
DOUBLOONS

PEARLS
MAST
BLACK BEARD

LIMES
EMERALDS
SKULL

MAP
PEICES OF EIGHT
WALK THE PLANK
EARRINGS

SAILS
FIRST MATE
SWORD
CANNON BALL

NECKLACES
COMPASS
AVAST ME MATIES

ISLAND
GOLD COINS
ANCHOR

SHIVER ME TIMBERS
"X"
SHIP

I'm posting all the BINGO words so far, so you could double check. Someone should be winning soon!

o

THANK YOU, Susan (skyblue52), for the wonderful buried treasure package... I love it! (see photo) So much from my wish list... thank you!

I'm so excited, that I'm going to plant almost everything tonight!!! The pretty dragonflies are already hanging-up. Love everything!

I've never had Godiva Chocolate before... can you believe that? I'm going to eat some BEFORE dinner. Ha! The joys of being a grown-up (sort-of).

Susan, I gave you a great review on the "Rate and Review Exchanges" forum. Now everyone can now how incredibly thoughtful you are. ;) Thank you!

o

Melinda-Oh my goodness I thought is was Christmas when I opened your box. Thank you so much dear friend. I received an Easter card and loved the scripture:
And go quickly and tell his disciples he is risen. And what a blessing to all who believe...Amen.

Also in the box was a rock plaque which said lose yourself in nature and find peace. As gardeners we all know this is so true.
Two darling bunnies
Note cards
Wind Spiral
Two pineapple lilies
Three Calla lilies 'Summer Sunset'
Sedum Cherry Truffles
Sedum Widows Cross
Hens & Chicks from her Mom's gardens....I know these must be such a blessing to you in memory of your Mom.
Jelly Bellies...Yum my favorite
And a Book titled Always my Friend-So glad you signed it Melinda.

Thank you again

photo 057_zps9f790eb6.jpg

Getting the yard ready for the big day tomorrow.

photo 035_zpse248449c.jpg

I guess you all can identify what this pond was made from:
 photo 029_zpsd651da4f.jpg

More tulips

photo 015_zps3f94e36e.jpg

My Red Bud Tree in bloom
 photo 048_zpsb931ada4.jpg

Snowball bush
 photo 031_zps212db893.jpg

Shirley

o

HAPPY EASTER!

TODAY'S BINGO WORDS:

PLUNDER
CROSS BONES
SILVER

Jayeanne (pinkiris)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Margo (smitties)
Nikki (cinnie0)
Shirley (Brittneysgran)

Really wonderful package, Melinda!

o

Sherri, It looks like the word plunder was the last one on my list and makes me a Bingo Winner. I could be wrong, so please check. I Have NEVER won Bingo. So I Am wondering If I did it correct.
Shirley, Your package sounds delightful and your yard pictures are beautiful. Is the bush in the last photo a viburnum? I had one in MD and loved the smell..
Ruth , you are not forgotten. I will have your package at the PO on Tuesday
Happy Easter to all.

o

Beth, congratulations, you beat me to the win with the word, plunder. The early bird gets the worm, (however that is properly said, LOL). I have won the game before so I glad you beat me to it.

Happy Easter everyone.

Margo

o

Congratulations Beth! I still needed one word and that wasn't it!
Glad your package arrived Shirley! I hope the widow's cross makes it, if it doesn't let me know and I'll send more. It is one of my finickier ones to transplant but comes back nicely in the spring.
Happy Easter to all and hope everyone has a very blessed day! I'm off to finish off some of my dinner, so won't have much to do when get home from church!
Melinda

o

Congratulations, Beth! Beth's BINGO prize is a "Bowl of Beauty" Peony! I'll email you today. :)

This post was edited by Panhandle_Seed_Swap on Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 6:56

o

Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 8:56

Congratulations Beth.
I'm behind several people, but this is the first time I've even gotten all the bingo words.
Playing was fun.
Wishing everyone a Blessed Easter.

o

Happy Easter ladies what a beautiful day the Lord has given us on this glorious day. Praise his name.
 photo Jesus.jpg

I had BINGO as well with the word Silver...Congratulations Beth.

Beth-Yes the snowball bush is a viburnum. I love the mint green balls on it as well as when it turns snow white.

Shirley

o

Thank you for the beautiful Easter message and all the really lovely photos that you've posted. I really enjoy them.

Sheri

o

Good morning ladies and a Happy Easter to all who celebrate it!

Beth- Congrats on the BINGO! You beat me by just one word!

Shirley- Lovely pictures!! Is that fountain made from an old satelite dish??

Nikki- Thank you SO MUCH for the wonderful treasure box!! I knew something special was inside because it smelled sooo good even before I opened it. Inside I found a lovely little easter basket filled with the most amazing smelling Bamboo Spa white tea bath salts, chocolate, hard candies, and a snowglobe with flowers inside. I spent forever shaking it before bed last night, lol. There were seeds for Canna "indian shot", pink hollyhocks and a sunflower mix, as well as a stargazer lily bulb (I have a perfect spot for it), two allium "molly luteum" (with bright yellow flowers!) and two "glory of the snow" bulbs. I've never heard of glory of the snow but Oh My Gosh it looks like a beauty online!

Everything is going into the ground today before we go to Easter dinner with Mike's mom. I'll also be digging up some treasures to send out, and putting together a compost bin made of wooden pallets, so it will be a wonderful day!!

~Laura

o

Laura I am so glad you enjoyed your treasure, and that everything made it alright I was worried about the snow globe. Enjoy the bath salt. I have been thinking about running back over and picking some up for me it smelled sooo good. LOL.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! Enjoy your day and stay safe.

o

Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 14:17

Bingo!

Happy Easter, everyone!
ME

o

We went away for the weekend, just got back today and my Buried Treasure was waiting for me.

Margo sent me a treasure box filled with wonderful treasures! Mints, gold coins, Endless Love Gladiolas, crososmia Emberglow, an Asiatic lily - no name but it will be fun to see it bloom, nail clippers, hand moistureizer, Dazzling Diamond Hand gel, and 2 Miricle Gro Gro-ables one with Basil and one with Globe tomato. I will get those planted today since it isn't too long before I will be planting outside.

Hope everyone is having a Happy Easter.

o

I am going to draw the "Treasure Story Raffle" winners early in the morning on April 23rd!!! You still have today and tomorrow to share your treasure story, so you can be in the raffle. I will draw 2 winners.

Shirley S.
Margo
Beth
Melinda
Annie
Sharon
Nikki
Ruth
Jayeanne

Jayeanne (pinkiris)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Margo (smitties)
Nikki (cinnie0)
Shirley (Brittneysgran)
Laura (lilangel181)
Sharon (toomanyanimals)

Wonderful treasure packages Nikki and Margo! :)

o

Laura, I have Chionodoxa forbesii and Chionodoxa luciliae Pink Giant. I love them both. They will multiply from seed, but not so much that it isn't easy to keep up with pulling them if you don't want them to spread. Mine are just finishing their bloom now. I have planted a few in the back and the deer have not touched them yet. :o)
sharon

o

Ruth, I discovered that the Post Office is open today. So, your package is in the mail. Should arrive about Wed or Thursday.

o

I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter!!! It was a lovely day hanging with my brothers and sisters and relatives.

Beth, I will be getting your buried treasure in the mail this week...hopefully tomorrow! Congratulations on BINGO!!!

Loving the buried treasures that are being received!

Happy Monday!

Annie

o

Mellen-Your buried treasure box is going in the mail tomorrow.

Annie-Nothing like hanging out with family on special days.

Shirley

o

I almost forgot to tell yall about our treasure hunt through mom's art last week. (Raffle story time!)

My mom collects all types of art. Some of it is by local artists, some by famous people but she got a good deal, and my favorite category is her "I like it for that low price...". She buys so many pieces she let Mike and I go through a closet full! I would pull out something I like, and Mike would give it a thumbs up or down. If we both liked the piece it then went to mom (who made herself comfy on a nearby couch) who would say something like "oh take it. I got that piece off eBay- it just didn't have the same appeal in real life" or "no yall can't take that one. Thats a local famous artist who lives in midtown but almost never sells anything!"

We brought home a tryptic, two large abstracts, and a piece with bright color handmade paper patterns. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.
~ Laura

o

Laura....how cool! What a fun treasure hunt!! Your Mom comfy on the nearby couch...LOL!

Beth....your package left for MO today. I do hope it arrives safe....not one of my better pack jobs! I would think delivery Thursday or Friday.
tracking # 9114 9011 8986 6788 4946 12

Annie

o

Good morning! The "Treasure Story" Raffle winners are Nikki and Shirley.

Congratulations, ladies! I should be able to get your prizes in the mail by this afternoon. Thank you to everyone who participated! It really made this swap fun!

o

Congratulations Nikki and Shirley! And what a wonderful way to get everyone to share stories, Sheri!!

o

Congratulations to Nikki and to Shirley! I loved all the pics, all the stories and this swap in general! Great job Sharon!
Hope everyone has a great day! Melinda

o

Yay!!!!!!!!!! Thank you I cant wait to get it.. I really enjoyed this swap. I had fun playing bingo, meeting all of you and reading your stories. Cant wait to see what the next swap will be.
Congrats Shirley.

o

Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 13:15

Nice packages, everyone.

Annie, yours is packed.....now to get it to the PO. It will be today or tomorrow.

Shirley, I will be on the watch. Thank you!

ME

o

Congratulations to you as well Nikki....we both won.

Laura-Would love to see the pictures of the art pieces. I think everyone loves finding those treasures.

Mellen-Your box did get shipped yesterday, should arrive Friday. I have the delivery confirmation if needed.

I've been working on a small flower bed in town that I started last year. All the flowers are pink in memory of the cancer survivors. I found some pink dianthus but need more pink flowers. Hopefully Lowe's or some of the nurseries will get some pretty pinks in soon so I can finish it.

Shirley

o

Wed, Apr 23, 14 at 23:02

Wow, I almost feel guilty posting what a haul my buried treasure chest had in it.
What an awesome package you put together Beth.
I love white daylilies and that's a late blooming one which is a bonus since I don't have many lates.
4 plants
Maximilian sunflowers, Achillea Terra Cotta, Lime Frost daylily & sedum
2 garden tools
plantmarkers
chapstick
2 really cute knomes
& malted milk eggs (mostly gone now)

o

Ruth glad your package arrived safely and extra glad you like the white daylilies. I've been partial to the whites since the early 70's when they were trying to develop a white. Lately I've looked at wether they are fragrant. So far none have had any smell that I really notice. That's OK. I like them anyway.lol
Sherri I am so excited still about winning BINGO. That was a fun surprise and thanks to all who sent congratulations. This has been a fun swap.

o

Congratulations Shirley and Nikki!!!!!!

Shirley, what a beautiful remembrance....a pink flower garden in memory of cancer survivors, how divine the garden will be when in bloom! Your town allows you to do this....how very nice!!!! Does your town have several small plots for people in the community to garden?

Sheri, sent you an email last night!

Annie

o

Jayeanne (pinkiris)
Melinda (ilovefarac)
Margo (smitties)
Nikki (cinnie0)
Shirley (Brittneysgran)
Laura (lilangel181)
Sharon (toomanyanimals)
Ruth (Ruthz)

What a terrific package, Beth. Good job!

I love that you're doing that pink flower bed for cancer survivors, Shirley. Please keep us posted on it.

o

Annie, go ahead and start your OBF May swap anytime you'd like. Thank you for doing the May swap. I'm excited for it.

I got your email and replied. It got returned to me for some reason. I'll email you from here, too.

o

Sheri, great swap for this month. Thank you so much for doing this for all of us. I do believe it was a huge success.

Shirley, your post inspired me to put in a new pink garden. I am a huge supporter of breast cancer research with my mom being a survivor and my friend going through treatment right now. By the way, for those of you who know about Caprice, she is doing amazingly great!

Raining here today which is good because I planted 20 small bushes the other day and this means I don't have to go out and fill buckets from the pond to water them.

TGIF. Have a great weekend everyone. Margo

o

Sorry I'm running behind getting my treasure box out. Work dropped 3 extra shifts on me... great for the pocketbook, but its exhausting! I promise to send out my package next day off and will get a tracking number too.

And now off to work (again!)
~ Laura

o

My wonderful, treasure packed parcel arrived from Annie this AM. There were two candy bars with a note that sharing was optional. Since Jack is taking me for a steak dinner tonight, I thought I could spare him some Chocolate. It is Yummy dark Chocolate with almonds and sea salt. Never tried this before but love it!
A pretty kitchen towel with a chili pepper design, A packet with reblooming iris. A first time item that I look forward to seeing for years.. A nice big chunk of a NOID daylily. I love em all and enjoy surprises. I'll plant this and label it as "Annie".... also my Mother's name..
I got a micro planer, something I have thought I wanted/needed several times but never remembered to buy. So, That is a big plus for that item.
In the bottom of the bag I could hear/ feel something I expected to be hard candies...... but Ahah.......It was more REAL treasure. Some coins and a lot of shiny pebble shaped marbles. These will become part of my planned Fairy village. Not sure yet how I'll use them but they have lots of possibilities
. Such fun AND I'm going to the Master Gardeners Spring Plant Sale tomorrow. I want to see how far I can stretch the coins at the sale. Annie this package is SUPER and I'm enjoying all the adventure of a treasure hunt with the goodies you sent. Many many thanks.

o

Beth...I sent you an email via GW. I hope you found the three pieces of paper buried inside the daylily!

MAY SWAP
I am hosting the May Swap....I will post on Sunday or Monday. A hint for what is to come...."we will celebrate something for one woman".....LOL! And if anyone EMAILS me by Sunday (3PM Pacific) with what they think this swap will be about.....will win a prize.

Happy Friday!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 14:20

o

April is disappearing fast! Susan, Annie and Mary Ellen are the only ones waiting for their packages, I believe.

o

Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 22:14

I have been gone most of this week.....Shirley's box for me did arrive just not sure which day. Will open it tomorrow.

My box to Annie went out and hope she gets it on Monday.

ME

o

I was hoping Mary Ellen had received hers today. I have a tracking number in the car and will have to retrieve it and see where the package is.

Great box you received Beth. Our Master Gardeners sale is May 3rd and on May 10th the Franklin Garden club members is having one. I participate in both since I am a member. I do like getting to check out all the plants before the crowd gets there.

Margo good for you on the pink garden, and I really like pink.

Annie-The Franklin Garden Club members take care of two sites of gardens in our town. Being a member and working in the gardens I saw potential with the pink garden and told them I wanted to keep all the flowers in it pink and have a survivor plaque made to tell everyone why it was all pink.
I just found some more beautiful pink flowers at Lowe's to add to it on Monday. When it is finished I will take a picture and post it.

Going to Atlanta tomorrow to check out yard sales....can't wait to see what treasures will be found.

Shirley

o

Thank you, Mellen! :) I emailed Laura, so we should get an E.T.A. on Susan's package.

I also emailed Annie and asked if I could "piggyback" onto the May swap thread, since this one is almost full. We'll do our final "thank yous" there. Thanks so much everyone for a great April swap!
Sheri

Did anyone guess this?:

"MAY SWAP
I am hosting the May Swap....I will post on Sunday or Monday. A hint for what is to come...."we will celebrate something for one woman".....LOL! And if anyone EMAILS me by Sunday (3PM Pacific) with what they think this swap will be about.....will win a prize.

Happy Friday!

Annie"

o

I got my raffle prize today. its glads wine n roses, thank you so much Sheri.

o

Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 15:32

Dear Shirley,
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW..........just opened my box from you!
Received-
Bearded Iris-Cream Cake
Blackberry Lily-Hello Yellow
Canna-Madame Butterfly
Canna-Tropical Sunrise
Daylily-Salmon Sunrise
Hen and Chicks-black
Heucherella-Redstone Falls
Lily-Gold Band
Lily-Tiger Woods
Siberian iris-Caesars Brother

I am humbled by your generosity, Shirley. Beautiful plants from a beautiful woman. Thank you.
ME

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here