Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faintheart

UPDATE: Petal Pushers 'March into Spring' 08

faintheart
16 years ago

{{gwi:1246262}}

Celebrating the "March into Spring"!!!

Did you realize the month of March has a holiday "of sorts" each and every day? Petal Pushers are known for bringing smiles to each other and this month will be no different! After all, laughter, humor and smiles are the best medicine there is.

Each week throughout the month, there will be message board activities posted for all members of the group to participate in. You may be given a small assignment (silly or serious) regarding that particular dayÂs "holiday" theme. We will all look forward to your sharing of the assignment/activity during the week so we can all join in "celebration" with you.

To recap: your partner should receive 3-5 "mystery" seeds, something green OR an Irish blessing OR a "bit o Irish luck", Spring planting bulb(s), and a favorite recipe. DonÂt forget to join us weekly for some silly and/or serious activities related to each "holiday" of the month!

"March into Spring" Partners list:

Dee (faintheart) sends to Becki (beckilove)

Deb (momcat) sends to Robin (robinlynn)

Mary (mary_s) sends to Melissa (hazelnutbunny)

Melissa (hazelnutbunny) sends to Mariann (galium) Rec'd Mar 10

Susan (susandonb)sends to Mary (mary s) Rec'd Mar 10

Robin (robinlynn) sends to Susan (susandonb)

Mariann (galium) sends to Melinda (ilovefarac)

Melinda (ilovefarac) sends to Marian (lovelyiris)

Sonja (happyseed) sends to Dee (faintheart)

Jamie (pamperedavonchefof3) sends to Trina pixiesluvplants)

Kym (flwrs4ever) sends to Laurel (laurelin)

Laurel (laurelin) sends to Debby A (debbya)

Trina (pixiesluvplants) sends to Kym (flwrs4ever)

Iris (grovespirit) sends to Jamie (pamperedavonchefof3)

Marian (lovelyiris) sends to Sonja (happyseed)

Deb (debbya) sends to Deb (momcat)

Becki (beckilove) sends to Iris (grovespirit)

Sender: It is your responsibility to email your receiver and obtain their mailing address. If you have trouble reaching them, let me know and I will do my best to help.

You must mail ON OR BEFORE MARCH 20th. Delivery Confirmation is a requirement of this swap. Post soon after you have mailed with your DC #. According to the guidelines of this group, if you fail to send you will not be allowed to continue participating in future months.

Recipients please post when you have received so your sender isn't wondering what happened to what they have sent to you! We all love to read about the wonderful packages everyone receives!!!

What a great group!!! On with the celebrations!!! :)

Dee

Comments (110)

• grovespirit
    16 years ago

I sent Jamie (pamperedavonchefof3) her March into Spring swap package today.

The delivery confirmation number is 0307 1790 0002 4391 7755.

Happy Spring!
    Iris

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Becki,

Your package went out today. DC# 0103 8555 7494 6477 0843 My apologies...as hostess I should have been more prompt! It doesn't have far to travel so hopefully will be there by Saturday at the latest. :)

Hugs,
    Dee

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

I forgot to post the dc# for Marian (lovelyiris). I mailed on Tuesday and the # is 0306 3030 0002 2499 6908. I hope it gets there by today. I have been under the weather really bad this week. Hope I didn't forget anything in the box!
    Happy Spring everyone! Melinda

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 21

Today is:

Good Friday
    Fragrance Day

Hope your day is great as we reflect on the meaning of this day.

Do you have a favorite fragrance? Favorite scent worn by your significant other? Favorite candle scent? Favorite flower scent?

It looks like all packages are criss-crossing the country on their way. Now we'll let the postal service do their thing!

Anyone have mystery seeds started and sprouting?

Dee

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Dee, we all have things that come up! Don't be sorry! I can't wait!!!

I love the scent of lilacs. It is such a fresh, clean, amazing smell!!!

As far as a fragrance on my husband, he doesn't wear colognes usually, but when I smell a man wearing Obsession, it nearly drives me nuts. I think I need to get my husband some!!!

Becki

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I love lilacs too, Becki! And I never realized daffs could smell so good but I purchased some from our local cancer society and they are sooooo fragrant on my dining table! Guess I never got down to where they are in the flower bed to sniff!!! lol Heliotrope smells wonderful too and is such a hummer and butterfly magnet here.

Obsession eh? I am going to have to check it out. There is an office supply rep who comes to the office who smells fantabulous but I've never been brave enough to ask what he wears. DH works in a feed mill and often comes home with that sweet scent of baby calf feed. go figure in Iowa, huh!?!

I like some of the victoria's secret scents. Endless love is one of my favorites and there is another called secret crush. It's been awhile since I've been there so I don't know if they still have them. One of my best friends always keeps me stocked at birthday time. :) Bath and body works has one called moonlight path that I like as well.

Anyone have family coming for Easter? I know DebbyA is busy with preparations. What does everyone have on their menu? I will be back later with a pineapple side dish recipe that goes wonderfully with ham.

Got to get some lisianthus seperated into their own pots. Be back later.....

hugs,
    Dee

ps.....I totally forgot to post the name chosen from last weeks activities...Melissa (hazelnutbunny) I need your address please. My Melissa drew your lucky number! Sunday night, another name from this week will be chosen. I will get you lucky Petal Pushers little gifts out on Monday.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Mmmm....Lilacs!! Oh, I LOVE lilacs!! My grandma has 2 large lilac bushes (almost trees, they're so HUGE!) that are over 60 years old. She & grandpa planted them when they built the house back in the 40's. My favorite memories include the scent of those lilacs! :O)

Another scent I really like is southern magnolias. Mmmm...spicy, yet sweet. Nothing else quite like it. Avon has a great lotion, it's actually a green tea & rice scent...but smells very close to the magnolia. It's the only body product I've found that even comes close. Most magnolia scented items are too flowery.
    Other than those...I'd have to say, just plain vanilla. OH! And Avon also has a chocolate orchid scent I love, too. It's just the right combination of sweet & floral. It's great.

Easter....Yikes. Can't believe it's here already!! ACK! Where did the time go? Seems like just last week, we were waiting for the New Year to start. Good Grief!
    We're going to my parents for the day. My 2 brothers are coming in with their families. My youngest brother has a 2 week old baby boy, so I can't wait to see them! It'll be an exhausting day, for sure. It always is, when you get our large families together!!

The kiddos and I are making Bird's Nests. (chocolate covered chow mein noodles & candy chocolate eggs) That is the ONLY thing I am cooking this year! Yay!! Usually, we have the festivities at our house, but I just couldn't do it this year....too much on my plate as it is!! Ugh! lol :O)
    It'll be nice to go to someone ELSE'S house for a change! :O)

Yesterday, my 4 year old dressed up in her bunny costume...and I couldn't talk her into getting some regular clothes on, so we could go shopping. So we ended up going grocery shopping with her dressed like a little white bunny (with flowery sandals on!). No less than 40 people stopped to comment on her outfit. I'm not kidding, I stopped counting at 40. She loved the attention, but it took over 2 hours to get through the store!! LOL

Yay! I get a goodie?? Woo-Hoo! How fun!! Thank you so much, Dee!! I can't wait! I love surprises!!

Wheewwww...I've talked a mouth full. Sorry 'bout that! Caffienated bunny on the loose! Watch out!! :O)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Happy Easter!!!!
    Melissa

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This may sound a bit strange with the cheese but it really is good! Got this recipe from a garden friend and it has become a favorite sidedish with ham.

Pineapple Casserole

1 20 can pineapple chunks, drain and reserve juice
    3 Tbl flour
    1/4 cup melted butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 cup grated cheddar cheese (grate your own. The packaged stuff doesn't melt in this recipe, even the finely shredded)
    1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers

Preheat oven to 350
    Combine flour, sugar and 3 Tbl pineapple juice
    Add cheese and pineapple and mix thoroughly.
    Spoon into greased casserole dish. Mix crackers with melted butter and scatter over top of casserole

Bake 25 minutes until bubbly

Hope you enjoy!
    Dee

• momcat
    16 years ago

I received my box today!! Thank you so much Deb!!

I got lily bulbs, which is great, I'm really getting into Lilies, and can definitely use more!! The recipe for the baked ham with the dijon-marmalade glaze sounds yummy!! I will get my mystery seeds started soon, plus I got an assortment of other seeds, including Chocolate Silk Morning Glory, antique Lily, and named Daylilies!!

Thank you so much, Deb!!

Deb

• mommymaureen
    16 years ago

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been on lately but I still would love to particapte in April! I hope all of you have a blessed holiday!

Maureen

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 22nd

Today is:

National Goof Off Day

If you had a day that you could spend however you wish, what would you do?

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Just wanted to say hello and see if lovely iris had received her box yet? It was sent on Tuesday.
    Wow, Dee we cook that same pineapple casserole also! It was a recipe that my Mom got off of Paula Deen's homecooking show and we all loved it. It is now a tradition on many of our holidays and is great with ham, as you know!!
    Happy Easter to everyone.
    My goof off day would be spent with a good book, no phones, no work, no people. Box of chocolates and cup of hot cocoa!
    Total quiet and solitude! (Do I have too many people around most of the time!!! Yeah! )

• lovelyiris
    16 years ago

Yippeeee, I got my box of goodies from Melinda or ilovefarac and it was packed full of EVERYTHING. I got a papersack full of Naked Lady Bulbs, a bunch of Pink Beauty Glads, along with some teeny tiny mystery seeds. For St. Patricks Day I got a beautiful green necklace with some matching bright green head bands, one with shamrocks and jewels on it. (I'm going to wear them out in the garden with my green hat and matching bright green gloves. I just love peoples reactions to be dressed like that.) I also received 2 darling little Easter Candles with Rabbits and eggs. I also got 4 wonderful recipes that I'm just dying to try. I also got a little sachet thing that you put in your drawers so your stuff smells so goooooooood to put on.

Well I'm sure in my excitement I've probably left out somethings but I'm in hog heaven with what I got. Thanks Melinda for making an old lady very happy.

Hope all of you are enjoying your packages as much as I did mine.

Sonja, have you got your package from me yet. I did forget to put a couple of things in it. Hopefully what is in there will make up for things I forgot....LOL

Happy Gardening Everyone,
    Marian

• beckilove
    16 years ago

First off before I forget, my goof off day would include planting seeds all day long!! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that!!!

Now... OMG!!! I got the most PERFECT box from our hostess Dee, today!!!! Girl - you sure know how to make a gal happy!! Where do I start? She sent:

Gardening for Birds & Butterflies Magazine - Dee, would you believe earlier this week, I spotted that at Walmart, and wanted so badly to get it, but decided I couldn't right then. This in itself totally made my day!! But, wait, there's lots more.

Calla Lilys!!!!!! Solfatare, Blaze, and Black. OMG - I am so excited about these!!! I wanted Callas so badly! And now I'll have 3!!!! Woo hoo!!

A Wayside Gardens guide to planting and care of MANY plants!! This will be very useful!

A bag of Lifesavers Jelly Beans - and she was so thoughtful to make sure they were no fat!!!! You are awesome!

An awesome pair of GREEN gardening gloves - the kind that has grips and all! They look great!!

My mystery seeds - I have no idea what these are, so I will be excited to see what they are!!

A peat pellet greenhouse - WONDERFUL!! I am so in need of more things like this, so this is PERFECT!

A beautiful spiral journal with a pansy and a butterfly on it. Lovely!!

4 very yummy sounding recipes - handwritten on cute recipe cards.

A beautiful iron hook with a butterfly on it! I love it! With all the hanging baskets I plan to do this year, I won't have ANY problem finding a place to use this!!!

Dee - thank you from the bottom of my heart! I was like a kid on Christmas morning (when Santa actually brought what I wanted!), pulling everything out of this box. I LOVE everything! Thank you so much!!!

Becki

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Becki, I am so glad you enjoyed your surprises! I had so much fun choosing things for you. :)

Sonja,

I received my package today and am thrilled!!! Everything is perfect for me!!!

3 Cactus Dahlia tubers 'Star Surprise': these will be so pretty and I hadn't picked up any dahlias yet!

A pedicure set for "marching feet": I love this! I tend to neglect my toesies.

Mary Kay Satin Hand & Body buffing cream: This will be perfect after working out in the garden! :)

Mystery seeds: I have no idea what they are...teeny tiny little pelleted seeds. It will be sooooo much fun to watch them grow!

And a very cute card wishing a bit of Irish luck that keeps on Dublin'!

Thank you sooooooo much, Sonja!

Hugssssssss,
    Dee

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Miss Dee~ How are we doing on boxes sent & received? Has everyone sent out their boxes? I lost track awhile ago! LOL

When would be a good time to post the April swap, do you think?

Have a good Sunday, everyone!! :O)

Melissa

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I was gone most of the day and came home to a WONDERFUL box from Jamie (Pamperedavonchefof3). Jamie I LOVE everything thank you so much, you put soo much in sweetie!!!

Here is what Jamie sent me...

a Shamrock windchime (that is hanging on my front porch now)

a pair of Garden Shears that I desperatly needed

a wooden Plant sign that I can personalize

a Recipe for Cream Cheese Danish Bars (that I am going to make for tomorrows Lunch at Grammys house!)

a Copper Hummingbird hook hanger

a Photo Album Calendar

some Skin So Soft Insect Repellent Spray (I had just told a friend that I was getting chewed up by mosquitos this morning so THANK YOU FOR THIS, smells good too!)

some Avon Moisture Therapy Lip Balm (needed this too!)

an Avon purse size nail file

3 packages of Mystery seeds which will be planted tomorrow so I can find out what they are as I have no clue at all!

some Peruvian Daffodil bulbs (Ismene)

some Tulip bulbs

Dinner Plate Dahlia bulb

some blue garden gloves

Flower Garden Mix seeds

Morning Glory Heavenly Blue seeds

Cosmos Sensations seeds

Zinnia's Giants of California seeds

AND such a sweet note! Thank you soo much Jamie, you really outdid yourself!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dee (faintheart ) sends to Becki (beckilove) RecÂd 3-22
    Deb (momcat) sends to Robin (robinlynn) RecÂd 3-15
    Mary (mary_s) sends to Melissa (hazelnutbunny) RecÂd 3-17
    Melissa (hazelnutbunny) sends to Mariann (gallium)
    RecÂd 3-10
    Susan (susandonb) sends to Mary (mary s) RecÂd 3-10
    Robin (robinlynn) sends to Susan (susandonb) RecÂd 3-12
    Mariann (galium) sends to Melinda (ilovefarac) RecÂd 3-14
    Melinda (ilovefarac) sends to Marian (lovelyiris)
    RecÂd 3-22
    Sonja (happyseed) sends to Dee (faintheart) RecÂd 3-22
    Jamie (pamperedavonchefof3) sends to Trina (pixiesluvplants) RecÂd 3-22
    Kym (flwrs4ever) sends to Laurel (laurelin) RecÂd 3-15
    Laurel (laurelin) sends to Debby A (debbya) RecÂd 3-17
    Trina (pixiesluvplants) sends to Kym (flwrs4ever)
    Sent 3-19 ?
    Iris (grovespirit) sends to Jamie (pamperedavonchefof3) Sent 3-20
    Marian (lovelyiris) sends to Sonja (happyseed)
    Delivery attempted 3-22
    Deb (debbya) sends to Deb (momcat) RecÂd 3-21
    Becki (beckilove) sends to Iris (grovespirit) RecÂd 3-19

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just a few more packages to be delivered. Sonja, yours was attempted to be delivered today. You might want to check with your post office on Monday.

I've had a blast as your hostess for this month. I want to thank everyone for their participation!!! I have so enjoyed meeting the newbies and getting to know you all a bit better! :)

We have one more week of "celebrations" before month's end. Another name will be drawn tomorrow night from this week's participants for a little gift from the faint one. One more week of fun and one more name to be chosen at week's end.

Melissa, I would think it would be okay to post the new April swap information in a new thread so you can begin taking sign-ups. I hope you have as much fun as I have!

This thread will remain open until all packages have been received and we have reached the end of our "March into Spring"! :)

Thank you all again!!! You're not rid of me yet. *giggles*

hugsssss,
    Dee

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

I just wanted to come and tell everyone "HAPPY EASTER..remember to take some time today to spend with a loved one...leave the dishes for later, or a chore, and spend TIME with them...we are all getting so busy..take time to enjoy the kids !!

I cant wait to hear what is in store for next months swap.

Dee, thanks soo much for hosting this month, its been a lot of fun !! I loved checking in to find out what the days celebration was...

Goof off day....my first thought was to garden...BUT I think I would say...spend quality time with my kids.

I know today is Easter but I am hoping it goes by quickly, so Monday will come, and I can see what wonderful surprises pixie has sent...ohhh, i just cant wait !!

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wishing you all a wonderful day spent with loved ones! Enjoy!!

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

though he dreads the pressure of having to choose just one name...

DH has chosen Becki from this week's participants to receive a lil gift from the faint one. The poor man almost hyperventilates thinking about the responsibility! *giggles*

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Dee, you have done an amazing job hosting this swap and I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you! I loves you girl! I haven't had a chance to read all the posts but from what I've seen, you've made it a very fun swap. Thanks so much:))

To everyone else, I'm really sorry I couldn't participate but so glad you joined in on the fun and glad you're still having fun!

Becki, a couple of years ago I was in a swap with Dee, she was my 'sending' partner for a year. Wow, did I look forward to her boxes! She always put so much thought into them and always made them so special every month. I miss them so......I think she should continue sending them personally.....lol

Kenzie agrees!

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 24th

Today is:

Harry Houdini's Birthday
    National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day

If you could make one thing disappear, what would you choose? :)

Thank you for the kind words, Sassyone! Little Kenzie gets cuter every day!

Have a great day all!

Dee

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Thank you, Dee and hubby! I am so excited!! You truly are a wonderful swap partner!!!!

If I could make one thing disappear? I think that would have to be money problems. They are pretty constant around here, and I would be GLAD to have them gone!! But... then what would we have to talk about???? : )

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Sassy...you have been missed, and I am praying that things get better for you !! I have something coming ur way..

If I could make one thing disappear it would be cancer..too many people, esp children suffer from this horrible disease...my daughter has worked the last few years raising money to help fund cancer research.

Dee, I agree you have made this month soo much fun ! Thanks again !

BTW..mail came....I guess I am going to have to wait another NIGHT...gosh this is hard knowing it is on the way..LOL

• pamperedavonchefof3
    16 years ago

My package from grovespirit arrived today....yeahhhhhhhh here is what it included:

1. a white flowering ginger
    2. a blue ginger
    3. some perfume that is wonderful
    4. a pair of gold heart earrings that have a blue stone for the hearts-love em.
    5. mystery seeds for a container
    6. chinese green tea-sounds interesting. what are the other things in bag besides the tea bags?
    7. 2 recipes :cowboy chili& curry chicken-can't wait
    8. a tropicana canna

Thank you so much off to the store to get 3 pretty pots and some potting soil to plant my new plants in....

Dee you have done an awesome job- ireally enjoyed this swap-

Pixie- glad you enjoyed the pkg...

Jamie

{{gwi:1252428}}

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just TWO packages left to be received. Hopefully tomorrow.

Weekly winners your little gifts are on their way.

hugssssss,
    Dee

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 25th

Today is:

Pecan Day
    Waffle Day

....back to food! ;) What is your favorite topping for waffles? Do you have a favorite recipe that includes pecans?

Have a great Tuesday!

Dee

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Oooh...food day!! :O)
    I'm not much on waffles, but I LOVE pancakes...and they're closely related, so I think they count! Especially the way I like 'em....soft in the middle & crispy on the edges! With a generous helping of strawberries & whipped cream! Mmmmmmmmm....... *drool*
    OR tons of real maple syrup & butter. *slurp*

My favorite pecan recipe is just plain ol Caramel Pecan sticky rolls. Can't beat a classic!! :O)

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

My favorite is old fashioned pecan pie! Love it! Also love waffles! Like to melt a little peanut butter with the syrup and pour over and they are so good!
    I'm with you on the Cancer thing. Just wish it never was around for anyone-any kind!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I'll combine the two. I've only ever ate syrup on my waffles (I know, how boring!) But, I make a Praline Pecan Syrup! The recipe can be found in the Ball Blue Book, but if anyone wants it, I'll gladly post it!
    Becki

• grovespirit
    16 years ago

Glad you enjoyed your package, Jamie.

The other things in the bag with the tea bags are some other types of traditional Chinese green tea! :)

I think I sent a tea spiral, and maybe a tea ball or 2.

Traditional Chinese green tea doesn't come in tea bags. Instead, it is just loose dried leaves. Sometimes it is also formed into balls or spirals or other fancy shapes.

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Waffles with fresh strawberry syrup mix I make....mmmmmmmm!!! I slice up some fresh strawberries, mash a few of them and make a syrup with a little cornstarch and sugar added.

I am not fond of maple syrup so always get a butter pecan syrup for me. Becki, I would love to see that recipe. Melinda, I am going to try the peanut butter melted in with the maple syrup...it sounds good!

Dee

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

I love to make peacan tassies...which is a mini pecan pie..

Could I PLEASE have the recipe for the stickey buns ?? In Pa, I could eat them ALL the time, But cant find them here..or if I do they are gross.

Oh wow, thanks for making me hungry !! LOL

I dont eat waffles or pancakes...BUT when I was small we grew up eating peanut butter, jelly, and butter on ours ( not together)...and we use to eat them for dinner.

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Hi Marian, it has been days since I checked the post or the post office. I will go today. Thank you very much for letting me know and thanks Dee for making sure I knew about the postings. Have a good day, Sonja

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 26th

Today is:

Make Up Your Own Holiday Day

What would it be?

Have a great day!
    Dee

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Pecan Honey Sticky Buns

Glaze:
    1 cup (packed) brown sugar
    1 stick (8 TBS) unsalted butter
    1/4 cup honey (or real maple syrup)
    1 1/2 cups pecans (whole or pieced)

Filling:
    1/4 cup sugar
    3 TBS packed brown sugar
    1 TBS ground cinnamon
    3 TBS unsalted butter, at room temperature
    *optional: caramel candies, cut into VERY small pieces*
    *optional: A dash of nutmeg

Buns:
    2 1/2- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 pkg active dry yeast
    1/2 cup water
    1/2 cup milk
    1/4 butter
    1 SMALL egg

In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt & yeast; mix well. In small saucepan, heat water, milk & butter until very warm (120-130 degrees). Add warm liquid & egg to flour mixture, blend until moistened. Stir in additional 1-2 cups flour until dough pulls cleanly away from sides of bowl. On floured surface, knead in small amounts of flour until dough is smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place dough in greased bowl, cover loosely with a towel. Let rise in a warm place (80-85 degrees) until light & doubled in size, 45-60 minutes.

Generously butter a 13x9" pan. (glass is preferred)

On a floured surface, roll dough into a 16 inch square. Using your fingers, or a pastry brush, spread softened butter over the dough. Sprinkle dough with cinnamon, sugar & optional nutmeg, leaving a 1" strip bare on the side farthest from you. Top with optional caramel pieces. STarting with the side nearest you, roll the dough into a cylinder, keeping the roll as tight as you can.
    With a chef's knife, using a sawing motion, cut the log into 1" thick buns.

~~AT this point, you will make the glaze. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter & honey to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Pour the glaze into the buttered pan, evening it out as best you can. Sprinkle the pecans on top.

Fit the buns into pan, cut side down, leaving a bit of space between them.
    Lightly cover the pan with waxed paper, set in a warm place & let rise until doubled in volume (between 45-90 minutes).

When the buns are nearly fully risen, center a rack in the oven & preheat to 375 degrees. Remove wax paper & bake for 30 minutes, or until puffed & golden.

The sticky buns MUST be unmolded immediately after they come out of the oven. Turn them out onto a cookie sheet or platter with a rim. The glaze will be VERY hot, so be careful!!

I hope I copied that down correctly! This is the recipe I use every time I make these. Yummy!!! I've improvised a little over the years.....Another EASY way to make these rolls is to just use store bought cinnamon rolls (frozen or in the rolls, but unbaked) and bake them in the glaze. That works GREAT for a busy Saturday morning. :O)

Melissa

• beckilove
    16 years ago

My holiday would be Free Postage Day! It would be a day where anything you wanted to ship would be free!! How cool would that be!! Or my other one would be Bill Forgiveness Day! That would be really cool too!!! Okay, just dreaming here! Maybe Plant Your Garden Day, where anyone that wanted to could take the day off to work on their gardens?

I'll try to get that recipe posted later, Dee. Melissa's looks GREAT! Yummy!!!

Hugs,
    Becki

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Becki, I'd like a FREE CALORIE DAY!! LOL! Eat anything you want, and NEVER see it on your hips!! Yay!!!

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

melissa.mmm...thanks SO much for the recipe, they look wonderful...I am going to need the no calorie day after eating them..LOL

I think I would like a " no cost " day....could Buy anything you wanted ...just for one day...oh, I am dreaming too...LOL

Ok, I dont know if I can type it ALL, BUT I just recd my box, and WOW, did Pixie spoil me !!

I recd pond plants..which I am gonna surprise hubby with for his pond.

A cute card with two mystery seeds

SEVERAL named cannas, and in PINK, which is my fav plant color..

Lots of great chocolate

two little chocolate bunny statues..they are too cute !

a mini greenhouse with pellets to grow my mystery seeds

CHOCOLATE MINT GERANIUM, for my choc garden...

some Iris and daylilies

Shasta daisy

and some great recipes and recipe cards...

I am so thankful for all of this wonderful stuff to enjoy...thanks soo much !!

Oh, and a nunch of seeds...

I think I need to send a bit more to my buddy next month, I thought we were to stick to the list...now I know better !

Thanks for making my day !!!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Dee - thank you so much for the little prize I received today!! Peat pellets and some daylily seeds, along with a very sweet note! Thank you so much, darling! Very useful for me!!!
    Becki

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

YAYYYY Kym, I am sooo happy you got the boxes and am sooo tickled that you liked everything. You really made my day sweetie whether ya know it or not!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodness!!! Those sticky buns are makin' me drool!

I'll take all those holidays!!! :)))

Most welcome, Becki...just a little sumpin' for ya. Had to take the peat pellets out of the package so they mailed better. Hope they weren't smushed!

Despite the stupid weather and more snow on the way tonight, you all have made this a fun month for me!

Dee *waiting to hear what Sonja received from Marian*

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 27th

Today is:

National "Joe" Day

Now why do they get their own holiday???

Have a great day!
    Dee

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ooooh! I got my gift from Miss Dee today!! Yippee! :O)
    It's a great floral notepad with the magnet on the back!! YAY! I love these things!! Plus, she sent some Zinnia "red spider" seeds!! Ooh, I can't WAIT to try these! I kept having zinnia envy last summer, with everyone posting pics of their beautiful zinnias. This year, I'll (hopefully!) have my own! Woo-Hoo! :O)
    Thanks so much, Miss Dee!! :O)

• happyseed
    16 years ago

Good morning Ladies, I was thrilled when I opened my package yesterday. I was craving chocolate and guess what I got!!! Chocolate!! My oldest grandson (age two and loves jelly beans) was here and he helped me go thru the box. He immediately got the rabbit wagon filled with jelly beans and yelled, "Nana, jelly beans!" and he dove right in. We then found more chocolate M&M's which we throughly enjoyed. I was thrilled with bunches and I mean bunches of seeds that I had wanted, bulbs that I wanted and a gardening bag to carry them in. Then there was a wonderful card and new gardening gloves (in my favorite color of purple), a gorgeous "Welcome to my Garden" gnome, lots of gladola (can't spell) bulbs, stationary ( I really needed) and a large box of wildflower seeds for a sunny spot and I basically have sun all day long. Thank you so much for such a large and wonderful package. I will enjoy all of it. Got to run to work, have a good day and thanks Marian. Sonja

• faintheart
    Original Author
    16 years ago

March 28th

Today is:

Something on a Stick Day

lol...this makes me laugh! Have a favorite "something on a stick"???

TGIF!!!!!!!
    Dee

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Mmm - I've always loved corn dogs - on a stick of course! Of course, you probably know, you can get just about anything on a stick at the State Fair!! (Only problem is it's pretty expensive to go there with the four kids and buy everyone lunch!!)

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

I would like to thank you Dee for my "gift"..I just love the magnetic lists, I am always needed to make a list for someone..LOL And I cant wait to grow the seeds ! Thanks SO much !!

I have been soo enjoying my stuff from Pixie...I have dirt under my nails..whoo hoo !! Thanks again !!

Happy Friday...I guess my fav thing on a stick ( soo funny) is a fudge pop !!