Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

NEW: Petal Pushers: Circle of Friends

hazelnutbunny
16 years ago

The theme for the Petal Pusher swap for the month of April is Circle of Friends.

What could be better than celebrating our wonderful GW friends who have helped make our gardens even more beautiful? I know I've certainly met some lovely people while trading....and have made some awesome friends along the way.

This month, we will send plants, seeds & a garden item that celebrates friendship. You could send seeds & plants with a "friendly" name or meaning, include a lovely friendship poem, send along a book that you would love to curl up and discuss with a buddy...even a garden sign or decoration that proclaims friendship. Anything is possible! Use your imagination! Bring a smile to your partner's face!! :O)

You could even tie your goodies in with your swap partner's name or GW name! Example: Melissa means honey bee, or lemon .... you could send lemon balm, bee balm, a garden flag with a honey bee on it........ For Pixiesluvplants.....why not send a "beautiful pixie" daylily? Possibilities are endless! Let's have fun with this one!! :O)

Here are the swap guidelines (no fun, but have to do it!):

* Must be 18 years old

* Any GW member can sign up! Just be sure to be ACTIVE...we like to hear from our "groupies" at least weekly. :O)

* For this swap, you must include friendship related items...

5 packs of seeds

1 (or more) plants or SUMMER bulbs

1 small gardening / and or friendship item

Anything else you'd like to include would be wonderful...but these are the BARE requirements!

I hope that covers it.

Let's have fun this month & celebrate our FRIENDSHIPS!!!

Melissa

Comments (148)

• robin1962_2008
    16 years ago

I say 200 jelly beans,45 pink and 27 white.This is so much fun!!!!Frances ,I still need your address.Robin

• margaret_2007
    16 years ago

I'll try once more to guess--1 pink and 24 white total of 190. Blessings, Margaret

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Debbya-I still need your addy!
    My guess is 238 on the jelly beans, 38 on the pink and 72 on the white. Melinda

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

my guess is 20 whites and 5 pinks

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

If your daughter is like I was, I SAVED my favorite color..so I think there is 50 pink, and 30 white. I had a jar I kept my favorite color of m&m in for years...

Jamie, I am still in need of your address, and a want list, I would love to start putting the box together, but have no idea what you like/dont like. Thanks !

The SUN is finally out, but still a bit chilly here..but my wintersowing is loving it..I can see the seeds opening..they must be as happy as I am to see the sun.

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Hmm, I'll guess 23 white and 32 pink, to go with my total guess of 175.

It's finally feeling like spring here, 60s and sunny. SO many projects, so little daylight. I want to do it all at once, LOL!

Laurel

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Melissa - I'm sorry to ask this, but I can't find the deadline above. I'm sure I'm just missing it, but can you tell me what the deadline is? I'm hoping to mail mine very soon, but it would be good to know for sure when I have to get it out! : ) Thanks!
    Becki

• Lisa
    16 years ago

HELLO, ladies!! I just love games! Ok, here goes my guess....

TOTAL:400
    WHITE:52
    PINK:38

OH, Sassy! I can't wait til I finish your surprise and get your package off!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
    Lisa

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

No problem, Becki!! I'll type it again in BIG letters, so that everyone can spot it easily. :O)

Please mail your packages out NO LATER than April

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good Wednesday morning to everyone!!
    Hope everyone has a good one today! YAY! Only 2 more days till the weekend!! BOY, has this week been loooooooong!!! LOL

Everyone is doing awesome at the guesses! There have been a few close ones. If you haven't made a guess yet, please do!! I promise a neat prize! :O)

Melissa

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Thanks for the big letters, Melissa! I knew it was up there somewhere, my crazy brain just couldn't find it! Thanks, girlfriend!
    Becki

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

YAYYYY!!! Thank you Melissa, got my prize today!!! It was like Christmas here!!!!

My prize was some, (my new favorite flower btw) Cosmos Sensations, some Scabiosa (another new fav.), some Red Poppy's, and some Snapdragons. I love them all!!! Also some Spring Delights lip balm (you have no idea how I go through this stuff!!!) and some Silicone Glove Hand Cream also in a cute Lady Bug tube!!! Thank you soo much Melissa!

Love ya,
    Trina (pixie)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You're welcome, Pixie! Glad you like it. :O)

A certain someone has a birthday tomorrow!!! Who could it be??? Hmmmmm?????

IT'S KYM!!!!
    Yay!!

I hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow, Kym!! :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This is a little contest in honor of Kym's birthday!

Which is also my youngest daughter's birthday as well!
    Here is the game:

Adora will be turning 2 years old tomorrow (boy how time flies, huh??). The question is:

WHAT TIME WAS SHE BORN?

A hint: It was in the AM hours, between 12 and 6.

The winner will get the daylily of her choice from these selections:
    Apache Tears
    Scatterbrain
    Fairytale Pink
    Strawberry Candy

Good luck! And Happy Birthday, girls!!! :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Seek Codes

MySpace Graphics

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYM AND ADORA!!!! (TOMORROW)
    Seek Codes

MySpace Graphics

HOPE YA'LL BOTH HAVE A GREAT ONE!!!

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Kym and Adora!!

Melissa, your family pictures are so cute.

My guess is 4:45am

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Thanks, I am soo surprised !!! *blush*

Please give Adora a Birthday hug and kiss...they grow up sooo fast !!

I am going to guess 1:10 am

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Kym and to little adora! My guess is 2:36 am. Melinda

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Melissa, I am jumping in with guessing Adora was born at 3:43am! Happy Birthday Kym and Adora! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hmmmm, those jelly beans look mighty tasty, I will guess that there are 297 in the jar!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for playing, girls!! Those are all good guesses!
    Glad to see you, Tracy!!

So far, Kym is the closest.

Another hint: The minutes are an odd number. (yeah, that narrows it down, huh? LOL!)

You can take more than one guess...but only one at a time, OK? :O)

• amybabyboy3
    16 years ago

I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful weekend. I am going to see my niece's new baby in Florida this weekend. He was born last week April 2nd. His name is Noah and I can't wait to smooch on him. My baby just turned 6 years old this week so I am really missing those baby days. I am not sure if I will get to use the internet this weekend so I wanted to wish you all a happy weekend. Take care, Amy

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Kym!!!

And Happy Birthday, Adora!!

I am going to guess that Adora was born at 1:17.

Becki

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

I am going to re guess....1:07

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes...you have all made my day !

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Ok, here I come with guess #2... 1:13am, that is the same time that Pat was born! Maybe it will be a lucky number twice, eh? lol!

• Lisa
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday wishes headed yall's way!!! My first guess is 12:38....

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gettin' closer!!! Lisa now has the closest guess!! :O)

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

12:43

;)

Happy Birthday Kym and Adora!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Guess #2 - 1:01

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

ok, I want to guess again....12:13 ??

Thanks again for all the Bday wishes ! My father is taking me to lunch at Outback, which is a treat for me. He bought me two precious moments figurines for my garden. My family will hopefully surprise me with something for the garden tonight, and the nursery opens this weekend, SO I will treat myself to a plant or two..AND the BEST part issss, it will be 68 today and SUNNY !! ( I wont mention ALL the rain on the way for the rest of the week...)

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYM....Hope it is the best one ever.

I guess Adora's entry into the world was 12:23

Jelly beans guess: 305
    pink: 35
    white: 41

Shirley

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Okay, I'll have a go at guessing Adora's birthday time: 12:34.

Momcat, I'll be emailing you to get your address today - I packed your box, then realized I didn't ask for your address yet! Oops, it's been that kind of week. If I win the daylily, I should request 'Scatterbrain,' lol!

Laurel

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I am going to guess 12:01.
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yay!! We have a WINNER!!!

Adora Marianna was born at exactly 12:13 AM on April 10th, 2006. After an excrutiatingly long labor of.....15 minutes & 2 contractions! No kidding. :O)

Congratulations KYM!!! Please email me with your choice of daylily from the list above!!

Thanks for playing, everyone!!! :O)

Happy Birthday, KYM!!!

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

WOW !! Today must be my lucky day !! Whoo Hoo !!!!! I am sooo excited !! I received my very first daylily yesterday in the mail, so now Ill have TWO..YIPPEE !! I am having a great day !

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happy Thursday to everyone!!

I will be wrapping up the Jelly Bean game tomorrow morning, bright & early!
    No one has guessed the EXACT amount, but a few have come fairly close. SO.....Everyone can make a last minute guess, ONE per person, no duplicates please! :O).

Here are the closest ##'s so far:

Total Jellies:
    Tracy w/ 297
    Shirley w/305

Pink Jellies:
    Sonja w/61
    Robin w/45

White Jellies:
    Kym w/30
    Becki w/30
    Shirley w/41

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, I confused MYSELF!! LOL
    I meant....please don't duplicate someone ELSE'S answer! :O)
    Everyone can take a second guess. Just don't take someone else's second guess.
    And if nobody guesses the # right on the dot, then the prizes will go to the closest answers.
    I think I'm unconfused now.
    Maybe. :O)

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Dee,
    Your swap package was mailed today by priority.

Deb

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yay! Our first package is flying! Terrific!! :O)

Margaret sends to Happyseed/Sonja
    Sonja sends to Robin
    Robin sends to Frances
    Anita sends to Laurel
    Laurel sends to Momcat/Deb
    Momcat sends to Flwrs4ever/Kym
    Kym sends to Pamperd/Jamie
    Jamie sends to Amy
    Amy sends to easttexas/Lisa
    Lisa sends to Sassy
    Sassy sends to Becki
    Becki sends to MaryS
    Mary sends to Melinda
    Melinda sends to Debbya
    Frances sends to Margaret
    Debbya sends to Faintheart/Dee ~sent 4-10
    Dee sends to Brittneysgran/Shirley
    Shirley sends to Anita.

• faintheart
    16 years ago

Whewwwwww!!! I am back home after a week in Des Moines and a white knuckle drive. It rained all the way with strong winds allllllllllllll the way and was changing to sleety stuff by the time I got home. My knuckles are sore now...LOL

Catching up...I will guess 301 jelly beans, 50 pink, 35 white. Hope I am not duplicating as I quickly scanned posts.

Shirley, I emailed last weekend before I left but you must not have gotten it. Please send your address and any special wishes. I won't likely get your package mailed until next weekend. Sounds like this one is going to be snowy AGAIN. *sob*

Dee

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here are everyone's guesses for the Jelly Beans:

Total Pink White

Kym 135 50 30
    Becki 195 8 30
    Laurel 175 32 23
    Margaret 190 1 24
    Amy 150 5 20
    Frances 109
    Sonja 61 54
    Robin 200 45 27
    Melinda 238 38 72
    Lisa 400 38 52
    Tracy 297
    Shirley 305 35 41
    Dee 301 50 35

Here are the closest ##'s so far:

Total Jellies:
    Tracy w/ 297
    Dee w/301

Pink Jellies:
    Sonja w/61
    Dee w/50

White Jellies:
    Dee w/35
    Becki w/30
    Shirley w/41

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Okay, here are my guesses - total 323, pink 55, white 33
    Becki

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Woops! I didn't realize that I was supposed to guess on the pink and white jelly beans! Silly me! I am sticking with my original total of 297 beans, 56 pink, and 33 white ones! Whew!

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

ok here is my last guess....38 white and 53 pink and 298 total beans

I have to add I got a POTTERS bench from the family tonight for my B day....this has really been a great day !

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hey everyone, had to pop in and tell Kym Happy Birthday! Looks like you've been having fun, good for you girl!

Melissa, I have no idea! lol So I'll let the others have fun, will be checking to see who wins:)

Sassy

• pamperedavonchefof3
    16 years ago

here is mine sorry so late.

Total 299
    pink 55
    white 37

can my partner send me some of her wants and fav things...

Jamie

• Lisa
    16 years ago

Hello everyone! Have I got a story for you!!

This week has been something else...I had to leave work to come home and tie up my black lab....we have a 6 ft cedar fence around the whole yard so we would not have to tie up the dogs, anyway, Mora got out twice yesterday and we couldn't figure out how she got out...so she shows up at my oldest son's house late this morning. He lives several blocks away and he brought her home and checked the yard. Then my youngest son calls about 30 minutes later...he heard something out back and went to check it out and Mora was in the neighbor's back yard so he has me on the cell phone and I told him to take her back to the yard and check to see if she dug anywhere...then a thought hit me...I told him scold her and tell her to go back home to see if she would go back the way she got out....well, it worked!! He said she flat-footed jumped over our 6 ft cedar fence and was now back in our yard....I have NEVER heard of a dog doing that!!! Did I mention she just came in heat!!! grunt!!

Ok, my second guess will be:
    Total: 300
    White: 36
    Pink: 64

• robin1962_2008
    16 years ago

Hello,TOTAL 300,PINK 52,WHITE 36. Robin

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lisa- That's too funny! We had a RottenLab that would actually CLIMB the fence. She'd go to a corner, and crab walk up the sides. Funniest thing you ever saw! Smart boogers.... :O)

Robin, good answers....but you've duplicated Lisa's!! Please guess again!

Same goes for you, Miss Tracy!! I do believe you copied Ms Becki on the # of white ones!! LOL

BADDDD girls. :O)

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Ok my second guess! 296 on total, 54 pink, 32 white! Melinda
    It's Friday!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've posted a new thread.

Game's over, no more guessing!! Go to the new thread to see the winner(s)!!

Yay for Friday!!! :O)