Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowersareforme

NEW: May Plant Swap

flowersareforme
14 years ago

Hosting May Plant Swap

Signup's Taking here.Rules are as follow's.Please respect the rule's,and emailing your player and sending on time.

Sending date is:May 24th,2010.

How should you send:Flat rate priorty mail box with a dc

what is a flat rate?

Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box $10.70 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Reason I suggest this time.Is it is a plant swap.they get heavy.

Here is a link to usps site:

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

what is a dc?:

delivery status of your mailing, label or receipt number

Delivery Confirmation service gives you the date, ZIP Code and time your article was delivered.

Something to know when you sign up for a swap.

Please check email's and respond.Check your spam folder.

when you agree to a swap.Please post when you send and receive.It is respect of all playing the swap.

Please send on-time.The date we have in the swap.It is up to you if you want to send early,if you need to be somewhere,or have a event.or you have it all ready and want to surprise your player early,people like surprises.

But DO NOT SEND LATE:

Yes we all have computer issues.you can use a friend's computer,use the library,they now have computer service in every area you can pay to use.Use your wireless phone with email if you have that option.

There should be no reason to send late.we all get sick,we all have family issue's.

After you sign up and argee to terms listed in the post.

send on time,email player,send priorty flat rate with dc.

then email me your GW name.You name,address,a list of your plant wants,seed wants and thing you like to have-doesnt mean you will get them but nice to send your player a list in case they see something they have you may like.

Plant Swap is being in May cause all of your gardens are waking up and a cpl months we should be ready to send a nice box.This is for plants you have in your garden,home,seeds you have extra of.Please send a nice box.It is flat rate so fill it,send a box you would love to receive.You can put in garden related items that is up to you.

How to send a plant?

Take a rooted plant,wash the roots well of bugs,dirt etc.

and wrap with a wet paper towel.Not soaking wet but not damp either so plant can survive temps.put in a sandwich bag,or plastic bag.roll up with a elastic,then attach tape till tight so no air gets in.Label well.With name any info to help the player with planting.

add newspaper,packing peanuts to flat rate box.put your plants in and add more so plants wont get damaged.

I am explaining all this,in case we have newbies.But newbies have to have traded and have a good exchange record.I will be checking out exchange record's.Only fair to other players involved.I hope I explained the process I will keep this open till May 10th for signup's.I will send each player the player information.And sending date is May 24th.

Comments (83)

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

If you need to drop a person you can drop me as I was back & forth on the entry. I also have an intense class this semester that is stressing me out! If you get another person I will gladly stay in though :)
    -amanda

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

amanda I am awaiting one other players response today if she joins I wont need to drop a person from the swap.Flowers

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Happy Monday everyone! Yesterday we had snow...so hopefully this week gets better. :0)
    vina

• ihana
    13 years ago

I would like to join if it is not too late!! I can post wants later today! Thanks!
    -Tina

• ihana
    13 years ago

I'm really excited about this as it is my first Round Robin.

If I'm in, here's my wishlist:

Rooted Cuttings/Divisions/Plants
    Bamboo - Phyllostachys nigra
    Banana plants (hardy to z7)
    Coleus - any
    Cosmos Bippinatus (Sensation White)
    Colocasia (black or red)
    Key lime tree, dwarf only please
    Gerbera Daisies
    Ginger
    Grape Vines
    Heather - Mexican (Cuphea hyssopifolia)
    Hens and Chicks/other interesting succulents
    Kalanchoe
    Lantana - Luscious Citrus Blend
    Lantana - Pinkie -- Pink/cream bicolor
    Lilies Calla preferred
    Mint- any except peppermint
    Nematanthus, Guppy Plant
    Orchids
    Rose cuttings
    Ranunculus
    Salvia Farinacea (White Porcelain Mealy Cup Sage)
    Tuberous Begonias
    anything of my wants from my trade list

Seeds
    Bells of Ireland
    Vegetables, Herbs, or other Edibles that I donÂt already "Have" (see my trade list)
    Cut flowers that can be grown in containers

Thanks!!

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

swap is now closed we have our final player.
    I will have names late tonight I have a buisness meeting

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

yay! I'm still in! Now can someone do something about this cold, rainy weather we have here?! :)
    amanda

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

1.Flowersareforme-flowergirl
    2.Flowergirl34-flowersareforme
    3.lovingmy4babies-ihana
    4.wynative-ibartoo
    5.gr82bgrammy-cryptid
    6.debbya-chellflower
    7.ibartoo- wynative
    8.chellflower-debbya
    9.akidleativy2- adopt_greyhounds
    10.cryptid- gr82bgrammy
    11.adopt_greyhounds -akidleativy2
    12-ihana-lovingmy4babies

I notified everyone threw email please let me know you got it.Thank you ,and thanks to all who has joined please post when you send and receive
    Now you can sent anytime,But no later than :May 24th,2010.
    what is a flat rate?
    Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box $10.70 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Reason I suggest this time.Is it is a plant swap.they get heavy.
    what is a dc?:
    Delivery Confirmation service gives you the date, ZIP Code and time your article was delivered.

You go to your garden and make a nice box of plants in your garden you want to share with your Gw buddy.
    You wash all soil off,wet paper towel around the roots and put in plastic baggy with tape ,or rubber band or both.I wrap each after with newpaper and secure with tape to keep seperated and make sure they have extra packaging so plants survive.You can add things to your box,seeds,goodies that is up to you, you also can look at your buddies list and surprise them.Everyone loves surprises.Thank to all who joined please post when you send and dc ,so we can confirm the shipment and please post what you get when your box arrives.

• wynative
    13 years ago

Good morning,

I will be sending out my partner's package either late this week or early next. This is what we woke up to this morning -
    {{gwi:1253162}}
    and no Lilac blooms this year :(
    {{gwi:1253163}}
    Great moisture for my veggy garden, if I ever get it planted but I dislike MUD soooo much! GRRRRRR

My daughter gave me a hammock for Mom's day -
    Think warm sunny weather!
    Marie

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Wow Marie! I thought I had bad NY weather. We only had snow on Mothers Day. It's been in the low 40's or should I say high 30's :0( here. My iris' that were blooming early because of the nice weather are now burnt and brown. My lilacs had 1 good day of bloom and now soggy mush. My tulips are blown over sideways laying on the ground. But the little toughies still have the petals. At least I can look out my deck and see them. Even though they have flopped. Okay, now I am starting to depress myself.....I need a cup of tea :0)
    vina...not feeling so alone in NY ;0)

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good Morning Friends-bumping this up
    It is sunny here in maine but we had cold frost last night the weather is so weird lately,If anyone needs to drop cause they might not be able to follow threw please let me know.I am going to prepare a list today for my buddy so I know what to dig up and send I have been right out straight.
    Greenhouse is full I put in 4 rolls of daylilys yesterday,day before weeded with daughter,hubby,and grand daughter did my memorial bed,My square garden,which contains My gw garden for past rr i was in. and part of wild flower garden done and started on the daylily hyberizing bed.those might bloom this year ~ smiles.also hubby made me 5 raised beds I did a herb bed,a lily bed and one expensive daylily bed.so non stop here in maine today I need to go to pick up 5 trees arborville,and hydrengea and my hubby gets to dig these where free on freecycle.so i need to make a dump run and head there in 15 i am going to prepare a list for my buddy.have a great day all

• wynative
    13 years ago

Good news!
    After the snow melted yesterday afternoon, one of the bushes bloomed! Well, just started to open a few but it never got above 45 degree's... tuff little guys :)

Sorry to hear how sad yours look Flower... Only one of my iris has bloomed & a few tulips. I hope the others are as determind as the Lilacs LOL

Marie

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

cold and rainy made way for warm and sunny... super nice weather! Putting a fence up this weekend, super fun in clay soil :)

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

Hi! I sent out my package to akidleativy2 today!

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

oops. Forgot:
    DC: # 9405 5036 9930 0236 1118 45
    Enjoy :)

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sending date is coming up if you sent your boxes please post dc here.
    I am getting mine ready to send hopefully today or tomorrow

• wynative
    13 years ago

Ibartoo -
    Please send me your address :)

Marie

• chellflower
    13 years ago

I sent Deb's box this morning.
    Conf. # 0308 2690 0001 5514 7155

• akidleativy2
    13 years ago

I just received the package Amanda (adopt_greyhounds) sent to me. Love it! I received plants, seeds, garden gloves, an amazing wind chime and a cute little garden gnome. It was awesome! The package I sent is on it's way to her as well. I hope she likes it.
    DC #9405 5036 9930 0238 8388 63

Thanks Amanda, and thank you Flowers for organizing this. It was fun!

Arin

• Debra Andruska
    13 years ago

My box will be going early next week. I'll post when it goes out with the dc#. I'm running a little behind- My Aunt is coming out from Oklahoma. I've been cleaning the house like crazy- she's a neat freak. Also, I've been potting up plants (petunias, moss roses, geranium) in all my outdoor pots. Our weather is finally ok. We had some frost issues last week, so I'm really far behind with yardwork/planting. I couldn't plant a thing- I started bringing out some houseplants in a screen room we have and had to bring them in each night. It's been such a cold spring!

Deb

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Sent gr82bgrammy's box yesterday! :)

DC# 0310 0480 0003 6705 0454

• geanann333
    13 years ago

sorry i missed the swap as i have purple coneflowers and will have per. blackeye susan running out of my ears nose and throat LOL i finally learned the secret to planting them

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

please share the secret! Mine look kind of sad right now...

• gr82bgrammy
    13 years ago

Woo hoo! I received my box from Cryptid today! Got a hand crochet butterfly pin and lots of gardening items including, wire, note paper and cards, bags, gloves,lotion, bulbs, seeds, pens, markers, sharpies, 2 candles, scented oil, screwdriver, and more. I also got a rosemary plant! Thank you so much for a great box of goodies!

I will be sending my box out early next week due to rain everyday and I couldn't get in my gardens to dig plants up for you! I don't want them to sit at the post office over Sunday and get wilty!

Thanks again and I'll send you my tracking number as soon as it's on it's way!

Geanann, I'd love to do a box of plants swap with you since you missed out on this one. I really NEED coneflowers and purple black eyed susans!!! Let me know!

Flowers, thanks again for hosting this swap!

Terry

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Update:Hey everyone last day for sending is Monday May 24th.2010 so If you have not sent your boxes they need to be shipped monday priorty mail dc and posted here.
    1.Flowersareforme-flowergirl -sending monday went shopping for my buddy today.
    2.Flowergirl34-flowersareforme
    3.lovingmy4babies-ihana
    4.wynative-ibartoo
    5.gr82bgrammy-cryptid -rec
    6.debbya-chellflower
    7.ibartoo- wynative
    8.chellflower-debbya sent
    9.akidleativy2- adopt_greyhounds sent,rec
    10.cryptid- gr82bgrammy -sent
    11.adopt_greyhounds -akidleativy2 -sent
    12-ihana-lovingmy4babies
    I notified everyone threw email please let me know you got it.Thank you ,and thanks to all who has joined please post when you send and receive
    Now you can sent anytime,But no later than :May 24th,2010.
    what is a flat rate?
    what is a dc?:

You go to your garden and make a nice box of plants in your garden you want to share with your Gw buddy.
    You wash all soil off,wet paper towel around the roots and put in plastic baggy with tape ,or rubber band or both.I wrap each after with newpaper and secure with tape to keep seperated and make sure they have extra packaging so plants survive.You can add things to your box,seeds,goodies that is up to you, you also can look at your buddies list and surprise them.Everyone loves surprises.Thank to all who joined please post when you send and dc ,so we can confirm the shipment and please post what you get when your box arrives

• Debra Andruska
    13 years ago

Hi,
    My box from Chell arrived. Everything looks really good. ;)
    I'll post more about the box later (what was in it) it's really late and I have to get up early.

My Aunt's visiting from Oklahoma.

Be back tomorrow and will list the contents then.

Deb

• adopt_greyhounds
    13 years ago

Hi, I got my box from akidleativy2 today! Yay! I got some lotus seeds, horsetail rush, chocolate mint, and some pink daylilies! also a fun suprise ball that unwraps to reveal toys :) Thank you so much, I love it!

Great swap, thanks for hosting, Flowers!

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all!

Wow! It sounds like everyone is getting some great boxes!

Flowers I haven't forgotten about you. After I take my son to the Dr's this morning I packing up your box~~~hope you likie :0)

Have a great Monday!
    vina

OH~I'll post DC later too...I am trying NOT to forget to get it...

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Vina I sent you your box it is a huge flat rate box your dc is 9101010521297281271108
    I jammed it right full you also have alot of surprises in store for you.I got some of your wants and shared my garden.I went shopping for you other day and added those as well.I hope you enjoy your May Swap Please let me know when it arrives.Thanks Flowers!

• ihana
    13 years ago

I sent today for lovingmy4babies: DC 0309 1830 0002 0771 2315

Enjoy!

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all!
    This has to be quick.
    Robin sent out your package today DC# 0309 1140 0000 6939 9918.
    My poor son is sick. Went to Dr. today, blood work today...should be getting results tomorrow.
    Hope everything is okay!

Have a great night everyone!
    vina

• wynative
    13 years ago

Linda - your package went out yesterday - I sent you an email with your conformation # .

Marie

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all!
    Just wanted to let you know that everything turned out fine with my son. Thanks for the emails! He's on 3 different antibiotics, and thankfully not anything else...HUGE WHOOOOOOOO!

Robin, sending you an email...

Talk to you soon!
    vina

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

update:
    1.Flowersareforme-flowergirl-sent
    2.Flowergirl34-flowersareforme-sent
    3.lovingmy4babies-ihana
    4.wynative-ibartoo -sent
    5.gr82bgrammy-cryptid -rec grammy did u send?
    6.debbya-chellflower -deb did u send?
    7.ibartoo- wynative did u send?
    9.akidleativy2- adopt_greyhounds sent,rec
    12-ihana-lovingmy4babies -sent
    I am running another swap for July check it out!

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just received my box from Vina,she sent blue mist,lemon balm.pink primrose,2 iris,redbeckia gold strum.
    a bag of seeds,bathsalts green tea,and a kicknack wrapped up in bubblewrap a red pepper thanks Vina
    hope your son is feeling better!
    has anyone else received?did the rest of you send your boxes?

• lovingmy4babies
    13 years ago

I hope you all will forgive me, but I haven't been around much due to my son being hospitalized. He is a heart baby and caught a cold, which turned in to RSV(in the summer, no doubt). Since he is still in the 'rehabilitation period' from his surgery(a few days over a year ago). He spent a few days in. We just got out yesterday, and to be honest, I had completely forgotten about the swap. I didn't really have anything gathered up to send, either. The only reason I realized my mistake is that I got my box today. It was stuffed FULL of herbs and seeds and lovely plants. I really am very sorry, and if you'll give me a bit to get some things up, I would really appreciate it.

• ihana
    13 years ago

lovingmy4babies,

I'm sorry to hear about your son, and I hope he is doing better. I think anyone could understand why you need to send your box late. Don't worry too much about it.

Sometimes life just happens.

-Tina

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all!

Received my box from Robin today. And this is what I got:
    glass tube flower vase~~very cute! my daughter will be hanging this on her window for sure.
    mirror flower hook
    butterfly writing pad~ thank you~ i just ran out on my old one.
    pink primrose
    Iris: Cristata: Purple flower
    Iris: TB: Summer Olympics
    Beautiful Garden Gloves
    Forget-me-knots
    Sweet Shrub~Caroline
    Rose: Mary Rose Antique
    Snow on the mountain
    Horsetail Rush
    Red: Painted Daisy
    Echinacea: Milkshake
    Apple Tree Seedling
    and a beautiful stone carved turtle

Thank you so much Robin! So many things from my want list! It was very generous and thoughtful of you.

Have a great day everyone!
    vina

• Debra Andruska
    13 years ago

Hi,
    My box is going to be late. I was going to pack up everything today and mail it out, but remembered that Monday's a holiday and have a feeling it would of arrived then. I'll mail my box out tuesday. Again- I'm soooo sorry it's late. My Aunt's out from Oklahoma, Her Husband recently passed away and she's staying with my Sister for three weeks. I've been so busy lately with Family. ;)

I finally have a few minutes to post what Chell sent-
    Mixed cannas
    Hosta from seed!
    Red, yellow tulips
    Start of a star fern
    Desert rose
    Apple seedling
    basket plant start
    Inch plant start, reminds me of a mini wandering jew ;)

Thanks so much Chell for the plants. I'm sorry I didn't post sooner. I did post and let everyone know your box arrived. :)

Mine will go out on Tuesday, I promise. My Aunt should be tired of me by then! LOL!

Hugs,
    Deb

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Wotta day! Finalized a sweet deal for a new home for us, and Terry's (gr82bgrammy) fabulous goodie box arrived! But dang, it's late, and we're flat worn out from the day's activities, so I'll post details tomorrow. "Terry,...you're aces girl!" :)

• Debra Andruska
    13 years ago

Just realized that I made a mistake on one of the plant names. Chell sent a star fruit not a star fern. Typing way tooo fast. ;)

Happy Memorial day weekend Everyone!

Deb

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Terry,...I'll post about your fantastic box of goodies tomorrow,...another incredibly looooooooong day today!! I'm basically asleep as I type. Can't do you proper justice right now (11:59pm). Must sleep,...must sleep,... Up way early again tomorrow. - Profuse apologies!!!!!!!!

• gr82bgrammy
    13 years ago

Yea, Cryptid! I'm glad you got your box! I shipped it FedEx last Monday and then had to go out of town, so I was wondering if you received it. Just got back online today to see that you had! Enjoy!

Congratulations on your new home! I'm so happy for you! Hope you get lots of rest. It was pouring down rain when I woke up this morning, so I snuggled under my down comforter and let the sound of rain beating on the tin roof of our farmhouse lull me back to sleep! Woke up to the phone ringing about 10:30!!! Yikes!
    Terry

• cryptid
    13 years ago

It's been yet another unbelievably loooooooong and excedingly tiring day, moving things to our new, infinitely more spacious, wonderful home. Waaaayyyy surprised I'm still even awake!

Here's a listing of Terry's thoroughly fab, generous/wonderful box contents:

"Lucious Lilac" tea candles - Mmmmm,...scentsational!

A deliciously scented candle in a jar.

Garden gloves with polychromatic flowers - Definitely Elly's. :)

Tin of "Before and After" mint candies--Peppermint and Cinnamon - Since the candies are sugar free and I'm diabetic,...the contents are mine! Elly can have the 3-D lips tin. Ordinarily I'm big on saving useful tins, but in this case I'll make an exception. :)

Elf/Gnome pot percher - Kewlest!

Shultz "Multi Cote" time release plant food - Yeah, baby! Feed the plants that feed us!

Rooster themed kitchen towel - Perfect! Not collecting, but we're're never the less a rooster oriented family, overall, since El's sister, Sharla, consistently enters a rooster in the "National Rooster Crow Championship" contest, held in our neighboring city of Rogue River.

4 oz tin of "Harvey & Son" Spiced Plum herbal tea - Saving this for when we're all moved in to our new digs.

Smallish "Spring" birdhouse & "Welcome" metal flower decorations.

Resin seed-n-gardening hats plant poker decorations.

A wonderful "Father's Love Letter" Christian mini-poster."

A "Come Away My Beloved:" Christian devotional book, featuring numerous KJV Scripture selections, by Frances J. Roberts (1.4 million copies sold as of 2002) - Terry, we thank you so much and I especially appreciate the large print! :)

A wonderful, informative, 3D-ish homemade flower card! Reeeally nicely done!

Plants, etc.:

Allium moly luteum (aka Golden Garlic) - 20 bulbs
    Nandina Domestica bush
    Mixed Iris rhizomes - Love purdy surprizes!
    Pink Yarrow (Achillea millefolium rosea)
    Rose Campion (Lychnis coronaria)

Planted all in large containers at our new residence.

Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme apologies for taking this long to post,...but lately, with all we've
    been doing (often well into evening hours), as soon as I'm able to finally kick back and relax, can't help it but I just crash-out. - Nearly there this evening as it is. Haven't moved in 23 years. Oy! You better believe we'll be doing a yard sale!! :)

Bless you, your entire family, and major thanks, Terry!! :)

- Darrin, Elly and Roy

• Debra Andruska
    13 years ago

DC for Chell's package-
    0310 0480 0002 5228 6159

Deb

• chellflower
    13 years ago

I recieved my box from Debya today!!!
    Here's what she sent.....

Peony 'Karl Rosenfield'
    Variegated pink wandering jew
    purple jew
    hoya publicalyx
    curly spider plant
    sweet potato vine 'lime'
    gladiola 'pink supreme'
    mini african violets: 'misty miss', 'baby white' and 'rob's wind chimes'
    and a couple of gardening magazines and a bunch of seeds!!

Everything was packed nice and comfy in the box and are healthy. Some are from my wish list......Thanks so much for the awesome box Deb!!!! You rock GF!

Thanks flowersareforme for hosting this cool swap!!!!

• Debra Andruska
    13 years ago

Chell,
    I wish I could of sent more! I'm rebuilding my plant collection. I had so much- and lost most of it when my Mom died. I've been purchasing stuff like crazy this weekend. Lots of named violets and streps from ebay. On Monday I'm going to spend a couple of hours at a neat local greenhouse looking for unique hanging basket plants. So for our next swap- I'll have a lot more to share.

I'm glad things arrived in good shape. I LOVE that pink/green variegated jew. It roots directly in soil, and the variegation is so pretty! The tiny mini jew is doing fantastic that you sent. I love it- along with everything else you sent! ;)

Deb

• flowersareforme
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Morning doing the update in sent and receiving
    update:
    1.Flowersareforme-flowergirl sent
    2.Flowergirl34-flowersareforme-sent
    3.lovingmy4babies-ihana -hasnt sent yet-emailed her.
    4.wynative-ibartoo -sent
    5.gr82bgrammy-cryptid -sent
    6.debbya-chellflower -sent
    7.ibartoo- wynative did u send?
    9.akidleativy2- adopt_greyhounds sent
    12-ihana-lovingmy4babies -sent
    I am running another swap for July check it out!

• wynative
    13 years ago

Linda - I recieved my box today :) I posted a big long post earlier but it didn't take :( I love everything but don't have time right now to rewrite everything you sent. I will later.

Thanks for the great plants though!!
    Marie

• ihana
    13 years ago

Lovingmy4babies, is everything okay? Please follow-up on your sending status.

Thanks!