Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: It's time for a Purple Seed Swap!

Posted by carroteggs 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 29, 09 at 10:54

That means all fruit, veggies, and flowers that are Purple or have Purple in the name are welcome!
I, Carroteggs, aka Anna, will be your host for this one.

Here's how it works:
Send any purple seeds to Carroteggs in packets of at least 10 seeds, no more than 10 packets per person. Then I will randomly send you back the same number of packets that you sent back. Please do not send multiple packets of one type (for example- 10 packets of lavender). I will do my best to make sure everyone gets a good variety of seeds.

You need to sign up before April 15, 2009, seeds need to arrive by April 30. Seeds will be sent out to you by May 11.

You will need to send an SASE or SABE with stamps equal to what you sent plus one not attached in case an extra stamp is needed (if the extra stamp is not needed, I will put it in your return envelope).

Absolutely NO Invasive Plants or Noxious Weeds. These are illegal in many states (including mine). If your not sure, just ask. Many states have a list on the internet as to what types are listed as illegal.

For seeds, please make sure they are no more than 2 years old. For seed Labeling, please put Common name or Scientific name, year acquired seeds, season to plant, and any other information that may be pertain to this variety.

One last thing, please include a note of what you sent so you don't get those seeds back.

Anything that is either Purple, a shade of purple or that has purple in the name can be sent. Here are a few examples:

Purple Carrots
Purple Top Turnips
Purple Tomatillos
De Milpa Tomatillos
Cherokee Purple Tomato
Amethyst Radish
Purple Flash Hot pepper
Pretty in Purple Hot Pepper
Islander Bell Pepper
Purple Onions
Purple Scallions
Purplette mini onions
Purple Kolibri
Purple Kale
Oracle Mesclun
Hon Tsai Tai-Brassica rapa
Any kind of Purple Eggplant-think unsual varieties.
Purple Cauliflower
Purple beans
Purple Asparagas
Lavender
Purple Basil
Bee Balm
Cat mint-with purple flowers
Purple Echinacea
Agrostemma-some have purple flowers
False Queen Anne's Lace-Black night or other purple variety
Purple or Lilac Zinnias
Heliotrope-with purple flowers
Lilac Larkspur
Purple Petunias
Violas
Etc.

As you can see, as long as it is purple it can be swapped!
Feel free to ask about anything! Suggestions are Welcome.

Let's try to get 10 people!

If this works, I might do another color later on...Suggestions welcome for that too. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: It's time for a Purple Seed Swap!

hmmm...and I said I wasn't going to sign up for any more seeds swaps...."sigh"....sign me up!

o

Glad to have you lindaruzicka!

o

Count me in!
Sounds like fun!

o

Glad to have you as well barefoot_contessa.
Once 7 more people sign up, then I will give out my address to send the seeds too. Of course, I will be adding my own seeds to the pile...

o

Sign me up. I can come up with 10 packets. That is not so many so I know I can fit it in during this busy time of year.

Fun swap idea, too. !!!!

Nichol

o

I love purple anyways..it goes great with my red hat!.."L"

o

lindaruzicka: Maybe do a red swap next time...
Good to have you gardenmom2!
4 down, six to go!
Come on all you gardeners, I know you want to trade!

o

I would love to join this since I love purple! However, I don't plant flowers, I mainly plant edibles (veg/herbs/fruit)Etc. Is there anyway to request edibles only? Or mostly edibles back?

And if we want, can we send more than 10 packets, even if they are just extras for you to pass on?

Sorry for the questions! Christy

o

Sure no problem. I'll mark you down as edibles only. A few extras are good in case someone sends in just 1 packet. I just didn't want someone to send in 20+ packets and only get 10 packets back or risk getting some of their own seeds back.

Anyone else have a preference of Edibles versus Non-edibles?

I hope to send everyone a good mix.

Crayola says this about Purple: "Purple in a room promotes creativity and imagination."
I'd like to rewrite that to say: "Purple in the Garden promotes creativity and imagination."

o

Carroteggs, (by the way, what is your first name?)
I'll go and see who I can round up...

Linda

o

Ok, I'm in! Thanks so much!

I know during one of my swaps, when people sent me in a few extras, it did really make a difference! When the host has extra packs to play with, it is easier for them to give back more of what people want. So I will send some extras to you! Maybe others will too!
Thank you! Christy

o
RE roundup

I like sending extras..sometimes they just need a different zone. Oh, I sent out an email to see if I could round up some more people. I guess we'll see who turns up!

o

Okay, I've checked my seed stash, and I've got some purple seeds to send, so count me in on this one!

Idea: How about we take turns hosting these color-themed seed swaps so Anna doesn't have to do all the work? If everyone is okay with it, I'll host the next one. Let me know, okay?

-Dan

o

Gee, Dan..fancy meeting you here...."G"

o

Hmmmm.....checking to see if i have 10 pckts. if i do, i'm so in!!! LOL but of course, this is the very very last one i'm in!! LOL can i have edible's? only? for talla, she has soo many flowers, now she has to feed the fairy's!! :') that's my story and i'm sticking to it!! **big grin** too many flowers!!! LOL ummm seeds'' that is, now lets see if they all come up!! LOL Hugs ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}

o

I would love to join this swap too. I would like to request edibles or mostly edibles also if that is alright. Thanks.

o

I would also love to join! PLMK where to send my 10 packs to! Thanks, Melinda

o

I would like mostly flowers, I have a small veggie garden and more flowers beds.

o

Dan I think that is a great idea. I would be willing to do one of the colors in a few months, when school is out. I have done so many now. LOL Yellow, PInk, Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Black, White, ......... Sounds very fun and very promising.

I will take anything although I do have 1 request if anyone has any: Purple broccoli. I have not rec'd any in any of my trades and would love just a few seeds for the kids. Ok, I am done begging now. Lol Thanks

Nichol

o

I'm in for this swap, too -- I love the colors idea! I'd like only flowers/non-edibles, please -- I'm not planting very many vegetables this year since it's my first year gardening in Texas and I hear veggie gardening here is pretty tough for a beginner. So this year it's mainly flowers for me.

Susan

o

Please count me in for this one. Purple is my favorite color! I prefer edibles. :)

Just like gardenmom2 (Nichol), really would appreciate a couple seeds of purple broccoli. Also would love Purple Podded Heirloom pea (Pisum sativum), and purple artichoke- tried to buy that one, but my seed vendor sold out!

Some other neat purple edibles include purple onions, "sweet purple" asparagus, and purple perennial fruits like huckleberry, farkleberry, bilberry, elderberry, wonderberry, black currant (ribes nigrum or ribes americanum), mulberry, and pepino (solanum muricatum). :)

o

HI Anna,

I appreciate the personal invite to join. Any way I can specify that I only get edibles back? I have no more room for pretty flowers. I have flowers I can send, but cannot grow the seeds I have.

Thanks.

Mark

o

I did some indoor gardening today, and have my 10 packets of seeds ready to fly! Thanks, Linda, for giving me that little shove I needed!

o

Grovespirit: Huckleberry !!!! That would be way cool. I had those on my want list and forgot about them.

o

WOW! I guess I should go to work more often! I come back from work and have lots of people who signed up! Thanks guys! :) "Hugs"
linda, my name is Anna. Nice to meet everyone! I will be sending everyone an email tomorrow as it is already 11pm here. (eyelids getting heavy)

Here's who's in so far:
lindaruzicka - Flowers
barefoot_contessa
gardenmom2
bonechickchris - Edibles
dan_the_mailman
Medontdo - Edibles
Cybermeowz - Edibles
Susantexoma- Non-edibles
grovespirit- Edibles
markcase1964 - Edibles
Carroteggs- anything purple!

Great idea to take turns hosting the colors dan_the_mailman.
Also for anyone who wants to participate and doesn't have 10 packets of seeds, don't worry, 10 is the Max, 1 or 2 packets are just fine.

grovespirit- see what you started?! Thank you! I'm glad you feel well enough to participate. :)
And thank you linda and everyone else who got the word out!

o

oh, Kamil wants in too..he asked me to sign him up since he was out in the garden..I'll get his whole GW name..I don't want to spell it wrong again! I would imagine he would want mostly veggies..but you can double check with him..

o
RE: Kamil

Kamil's GW name is kamiljablo....

o

I'm glad you liked the idea Anna. I didn't want to take anything away from you, but this seems like such a great idea, and I didn't want you to have to do all the work. I'll post the next color seed swap within a few days after the 15th.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dan

o

Sounds good linda. Looks like Kamil can't stay away from swaps! Didn't we all just do the edible flower swap? :P That one was fun. That's what got me thinkin about this one....

Can't wait for the next one Dan!

I'm sending everyone an email soon.

There is still lots of time for the lurkers...

o

I would also love to host a color of the month! This is so much fun!

So Linda and Dan, did you happen to sneak a few of those brownies and a couple of glasses of that tea over here? ;-)

Carrie

o

Oops! Sorry ilovefarac, I forgot to add you to my list of people who signed up, but you are definitely on it now!

Someone say brownies? I wonder how lavender brownies would taste? my lavender cupcakes turned out well...

o

well..I think we can have lavendar brownies and tea...after all it's the purple thing.

o

Hey Everyone I am here!

Hey Linda thanks for signing me up! Could you please pass some of those brownies and tea? BTW how did the brownies I sent you turn out?

Can I call a color swap after Dan? This would be an awsome swap group! We could call ourselves.......The Seeds of the Rainbow?

Kamil

o

oh Kamil..you wouldn't believe how good those brownies were!..you notice I say were!.."L".

Seeds of the Rainbow..hmm..I like that

o

I'd be willing to host a color also. Maybe an unusual one, I'd like to do Black and/or Blue. So if you would mark me down for those colors, I would love to host them!
Thank you! Christy

o

I would love to join if its not too late...

I would LOVE to host a Red swap just let me know if you would like me to(red and white are my favorites)

Tammy;-)

o

Hmmm Since everyone is calling colors can I call white?

o
oh yeah...

Oh yes I would like more edibles than flowers. But flowers are good too.

Thanks everyone!

Tammy

o

Blue was one of the colors I was thinking about doing in the next swap, Christy. But that would still leave black for you. I really won't know which color we're going to do next until I post the next swap, keeps it more mysterious that way, don't you think? LOL!
-Dan

o

Ohhh goodness... Linda shame on you for emailing me! I have noticed this thread (but I didn't look til now!) LOL The timeframe works out great for me.. so count me in too! I'd be mostly interested in edibles this time of the year if that works out alright.

I love the single color swap idea! Great thinking! :) I'd be happy to host a 'green' or 'pink' one in the next few months so long as it's not near the end of year (already obligated to host 2 swaps in that timeframe).

Linda ty for the tea! Dan stop hogging those brownies! :P

Thanks!! I'm really lookin' forward to this!
~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o

Glad to have you both, Sassybutterfly_2008 and Greenthumbgrow!
As far as calling colors for Seeds of the Rainbow (I kind of like that name...Reminds me of the old Skittles commercials)

Colors and their hosts
Purple: Me
Black: Bonechickchris
Red: Greenthumb_2008
White: Kamil
__?__: Dan
Green: Sassybutterfly_2008
Yellow:
Pink:
Other colors?

For the colors that have way too many choices, how about having a limit on the types? Such as for Red, no more than one or two types of tomato per person (otherwise we might all end up with tomatoes). And for Green, how about the fruit or flower has to be green and just one or two types of lettuce(again, way too many varieties to name). The tomato and lettuce were just examples, we could apply that rule to any kind of fruit, veggie, or flower for those colors. I'll get to working on a template to list/describe the different colors while I'm waiting for sign ups and seeds.

As far as who goes when, I think Dan should do the next one. As many people are involved in other trades and hosting other swaps, I think that the Months of Hosting should be up for grabs as well as be two months long to allow all of us to get re-organized between trades. Although this is all up in the air. Let me know what you think!

April/May: Dan
June/July:
August/September:
Etc.

o

Sounds great to me!!!
You can put me down the next available spot if you would like.

I like your idea about handing in a variety of seeds and not a bunch of the usual stuff.

Wow, we got this thing together pretty quick, didn't we? That's great! Christy

o

Wow,

What a great idea! A few questions:

1) I love the ongoing monthly color-changing idea, but I cannot commit to more than a month at a time - that's okay, right? If I just do this one for now and then maybe join back in in a few months or something?

2) Do I have this right - if I can only scrounge up 9 purple seed packs to send in, that is okay, and I will get nine back? (I am actually quite set with at least ten of purple but thinking ahead to black, in which case I would be very eager but I probably only have 7-8 types.)

3) Well... I see that seeds would be sent out by May 11, but I will be leaving for a summer job in Greece on or about May 7th or so, I know it may be asking to much but might it be possible that I could get my seeds back before that date? (Crossing fingers, sorry to be trouble already!)

This would be my second swap! And yes, I would happily send in a little purple broccoli, Grovespirit and Nichol - hello again to you both!

o

Okay, I almost passed this swap by, because my flower garden is strictly reds, yellows and oranges, but if I can request only edibles, than I'm in.

I'd love to host either yellow or orange, since Greenthumbgrow beat me to red! Oh, and what about Chocolate (Brown)?

Bonnie

o

I'd love to join if this is still open. I know there are several types of purple veggies I can share plus some flowers. May we trade MIXES that include purple varieties? For example, would Easter Egg radishes that include a "plum purple" variety along with 3 other colors be okay? I have some lettuce and cabbage mixes that include purples, too. Otherwise, I'll dig a bit deeper and find purple through and through varieties :) I'm partial to veggies but will take either flowers or veggies.

o

Skittles, eh? Catchy name too! Sooo, shall we call ourselves the Skittles? or Seeds of the Rainbow?

Anna, put me down for the color blue for our next swap. Thanks!

-Dan

skittles Pictures, Images and Photos

o

There seems to be some confusion about the number of seed packets needed to participate....You don't need to send in 10 packets, you can just send in 1 packet if that's all you have. If I get extras, then those who send in less than 10 packets will get more than what they sent in, but only if there are extra packets. I'm sure there will be extras this time.

blue_ivy: Only one person is committed to one color per time. The two months was just to give you and the others a chance to pick dates that are good for you and to give you a break between swaps. No one person will be hosting 2 swaps in a row for the Seeds of the Rainbow swaps. If you want to make it only a month long, that's fine. Also, I will send you your seeds early. I will try to get them to you by the fifth or earlier.

As for mixes, what is the group consensus on mixes being allowed? Or do you think that we should have a mixed month or both?

Dan: I've got you down for blue, I would love to use Skittles...if it wasn't already copyrighted ;)

Highalttransplant: I've got you down for Yellow, love the chocolate idea!

If anyone has a color idea or I might have missed their color of choice, please let me know!

Purple Seed Swap Participants
lindaruzicka - Flowers
barefoot_contessa
gardenmom2
bonechickchris - Edibles
dan_the_mailman
Medontdo - Edibles
Cybermeowz - Edibles
Susantexoma- Non-edibles
grovespirit- Edibles
markcase1964 - Edibles
Carroteggs- anything purple!
ilovefarac
Kamiljablo
greenthumbgrow - Edibles
sassybutterfly_2008 - Edibles
blue_ivy - needs seeds b4 May5
highalttransplant - Edibles
naturegirl_2007 - Edibles/Veggies

Colors:
Purple - Carroteggs
Blue - Dan
Black - bonechickchris
Red - Greenthumbgrow
Yellow - highalttransplant
White - Kamil

Still have: Green, Pink, Orange, Chocolate...etc. more colors?

I will be posting the Months of Hosting later on as this is already a long post

o

I see where most everyone has listed whether they want edibles or flowers. I wasn't sure if needed to do that, so will take flowers this time. Thanks, Melinda

o

Can I have rainbow?..or isn't that a color choice..."S"..if not, I'll take pink..

o
Question for All

Does anyone mind if I push the Seeds due date to the 20, instead of the 30?
That would push the sign up date to the 10 instead of the 15, though those who sign up between the 10-15 wouldn't be turned away.

Also, The color green is taken by Sassybutterfly_2008

o

Melinda: That's only if you have a preference. Those who have not told me either way will get a variety of both. If you want a variety of both, let me know, otherwise I will put you down for flowers only.-Thanks

o

I'm probably way overthinking this whole thing, but instead of two months for each swap, you could assign colors to each month. For example, pink or red for February (Valentine's), orange or black for October (Halloween), white for January (snow), green for March (St. Patrick's Day), etc.

o

LOL, I need to read and proofread better. I just went and packed everything up to send cause I thought you wanted them by the 10th. Now I see that is the revised sign up actually...oops. Well, anyway, mine will go out to you long before April 20 I guess. And my request should be for veggies, with flowers also being okay...guess that's anything :) I'm sending some duplicates of veggies since it looks like there are alot of people wanting edibles. I don't expect more than 10 packs back, just thought it would be good to get extra veggie seeds out of my seed box and into hands that might plant them!

o

highalttransplant: That's a good idea, but there is already a group that does that. I thought that a lot of people might already have swaps they were scheduled to host. This way they can host their favorite color on their own schedule.

I'm sending an email to those who have already signed up for a color. We still have Orange and Chocolate left.If someone wants to do either one, let me know! I'm not sure how to do chocolate though, some browns are pretty close to black. Ooh! I just though of something! Chocolate could be a seed and desert recipe exchange! or not. I'm just trying to think of chocolate veggies besides tomatoes and peppers.

I will post the Months of Hosting (sounds like something out of Tolkien) once I get them filled. Email me if you have a particular month you want. I will be emailing those who have chosen colors the available months.

o

Okay, I've been thinking about it and I've decided I'd like to host the orange seed swap. This is my first round robin swap so I'd like to have a later month if possible so I can get organized. Maybe October or November.

Penny

o

I'll host the chocolate RR! For this one, I would like request mostly veggies/edibles!

Lavender brownies....yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

o
Update on Months of Hosting--Vote Pls :)

Someone suggested that we do this every month, instead of every two months...so what do you guys/gals think?

Color Updates and Their Months (so far)
May : Dan : Blue
June : Christy : Black
Sept : Kamil : White
Nov : Penny : Orange
Jan : Wendy : Green

If we did it Every month here's what if would look like:
April : Dan
May: Christy
June:
July:
August:
September: Kamil
October:
November: Penny
December:
January: Wendy

If you want me to pick a month for you, then I will start doing so next week

Wendy, if you would like to host an earlier month, you can do that if we all vote for doing it every month.

Please vote for the Months of Hosting to be either Every Month or Every Two Months.
--Thank you! :)

o
Error!

I mistakenly put down as April instead of May and Christ as May instead of June. Sorry about that! May and June are taken under the Every Month space.--thanks

o

If I'm not mistaken didn't someone also say they wanted the color pink? Just thought someone might have been left off the list :)

I'm fine with January unless that doesn't work w/ the schedule, just lemme know :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

My schedule for the Blue Seed Swap is going to be as follows...
April 15th - Post the new swap
April 30th - Close the swap
May 15th - Seeds should be here
May 30th - I will have seeds sent out by then so they can be planted

o

I vote for every month. We have 10 colors that people have offered to host (purple, blue, black, white, yellow, orange, red, pink, green & chocolate). If we did this only every two months, it would take over 1 1/2 years to go through all of the colors. That seems like a long time to me. :)

Penny

o

monthy works for me!...

o

If we are doing monthly, I'll take June if it's still open.

Bonnie

o

ya, my opinion, I'd go every month, even if the last host is still in the middle of sending back out, that should have no effect on sign ups for the next swap. it would take forever to go every 2 months, but doing it every month would be nice, and I am sure we could add some other neat colors for the future!
Christy

o

I, too, vote for every month.

Carrie

o
Months of Hosting List

Sounds good! Thanks everyone for your replies!
Here is the Official Months of Hosting List:
April : Dan : Blue
May : Christy : Black
June: Bonnie : Yellow
July : Tammy : Red
August : Linda : Rainbow
September : Kamil : White
October : Open : ?
November : Penny : Orange
December : Carrie : Chocolate
January : Wendy : Green

As for October, I wouldn't mind doing another one to fill in the gap, but would prefer someone else with another color. Maybe do pink that month or another color or even just a "filler" swap. If no one signs up for that one, I will make it a favorites swap where you send in your favorite seeds.

o

---seems to me, we're gettin' a might organized 'round here, and I'd hafta say that's a good thing---

o

Is it a little too organized? I did some event planning a bit at one of my other jobs and have liked planning things ever since...my house, however, is a different story.... ;)

o

nope..you have to have organized disorder...."L"..especially where Dan and Mark are concerned!

o

October: multi colored or variegated for the theme. Examples would be: Candy Cane or Zowie Zinnias, Pineapple or Hillbilly tomatoes, fish peppers, ornamental corn, etc. See Christy & Bonnie, now I'm coming up with themes for other groups!

I'd like to join in the Purple swap! I grow mostly edibles.

o

Your in booberry85! Actually Linda is already doing something like that for August. Sending you an email!

o

There you are, Becky! I figured you'd be the first person signed up for a purple swap, LOL.

o

too organized? nope! a bit of planning makes for being able to be prepared for upcoming swaps, which is always a good thing!

Skittles Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I will take October. It is my birthday month and even though school will be back in session, I will be a pro by then so I think I can handle it. I think pink was left so I can do pink.

Nichol

o

Sounds good Nichol! October and Pink are yours! Yay! We have all the months filled!

o

I'd like to join the purple seed swap. (Anything purple)

Don (dem_pa)

o

Your in dem_pa. Sending you an email!

o

I have my seeds pulled and will mail out tomorrow.

Nichol

o

I"m going through my seeds one last time to make sure I didn't miss anything..."standing on box and surveying the seed area"...

o

Hi Anna/carroteggs,

I was just re-reading the directions for the swap, and I'm wondering -- it sounds to me like you want us to send you 2 envelopes when we send you our seeds, a SABE inside of another envelope. Is that what you're asking for, or do you want us to send only one envelope as I've done for other swaps -- a regular SABE/BEAP with a return label and return postage inside? Thanks for letting me know.

Susan

o

Good Question Susan!
Stamps and a return label are fine, as long as it can get back to you.
With a regular envelope, sometimes they rip easily and it is better to send another one inside of it. So either way works.

o

Thanks Anna! Back to sorting out my coolest purple seeds :)...

Susan

o

My seeds are on their way -- I mailed them this afternoon.

Susan

o

Seeds are in the mail!

o

Seeds are mailed out. I THINK I put return postage inside, but I just had a panicked moment when I could not say for sure. SO, If I forgot, please send me an email and I will mail it in an enve real quick. I hope I did.

Thnaks.
Nichol

o

Seeds are in their envie, and are going to work with me tomorrow so I can mail them out!

Linda, don't fall off that pile of boxes!

o

My seeds are on the way! Thanks for hosting! Melinda

o

Mine will be in the mail today! Stopping at the post office on the way to the doctor's.

o

Yeah! I will post when I receive the seeds.

Only One Day Left to Sign Up!

o

(Big sigh)Ok, I'm in, I'm sure I can find 10 purple plant seeds. It sounds like this would be more pleasure than work.
This would be a good time to learn how to host a little swap. I'd like to take Chocolate in August, and if we are doing 2 colors per month, then Chocolate and Red would be lovely. The month is flexible too. LMK if this is alright and if I am able to host it. Thanks. Chris

o

Just finished sorting and packaging my seeds. They will go out tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for hosting, Anna!

Bonnie

o

Your in grolikecrazy. I will be sending you an email shortly. All the colors and months have already been filled. But I will let you know if and when we start another round.

Becky and Susan: Received your seeds today! :)

o

I'll be packing mine up this weekend so they will go out on Monday! :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!
Photobucket

-Dan

o

Just wanted to let everyone know, I've posted the Blue Seed Swap. Follow the link below to go there and sign up.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here to go to the Blue Seed Swap...

o

Anna,

I will try to get my seeds together tomorrow and in the mail Monday.

I need your address please!

Mark

o

Here's who I've received seeds from so far (in no particular order):
gardenmom2
dan_the_mailman
ilovefarac
naturegirl_2007
booberry85
susantexoma

I will be updating this list once a week, Next update will be next Monday.

Happy Easter Everyone!

o

Anna,
Just mailed off my seeds to you about an hour ago.

Penny

o

Anna ~ Could you please email me your address please? I'm not sure what I did w/ it!!

Thankyou,
Wendy

o

Wow

How in the world did I miss a purple swap....... I must be losing my mind.

Acres

o

man, i'd love to host one, ummm......a orange and white mix. or how do ya say that? two tones in one flower. that'd be awesome. :') mine are going out today. i have to get some more stamps so i can send out my birthday months ones too. Hee Hee i think i'm finally getting a "little" organized!! we planted out all our vegies, my son was totally happy when he seen all the beets he got, then when he had to plant them, he wasn't so excited. **grin** hmmm.....i don't know why?? LOL sorry i've been "out" we are wrapping up the last month of schooling for these two, and WOW they are too excited. makes teaching them "fun" LOL ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}

o

I can't find your addy... Could you please email it to me I have mine ready...

Tammy

o

Sorry for just now posting. Didn't have access to the internet :-(
I think I am gong to have to back out of this swap. I am so far behind and would like to get caught up before committing to anything else. I hope this is ok???

Thanks and Happy Spring Everyone!
Carrie

o

My seeds are going out in the mail this evening. Hopefully, this is soon enough. Unexpected demands on my time have come up. We recently found out we have to move AGAIN.

So, been packing (again) and apartment/house hunting for a place we can afford which also allows pets. All of this really does eat up free time for hobbies and swaps.

Thanks for being understanding. :)

o
Updated List

barefoot_contessa: I'm sorry you have to back out, but that's okay with me. If I have lots of leftovers, I'll send you some anyways! :)

Grovespirit: if you want to send your seeds and then let me know your address later on, that's fine. :)

Here's an updated list:

Received
lindaruzicka
gardenmom2
dan_the_mailman
susantexoma
ilovefarac
highalttransplant
naturegirl_2007
booberry85

Not Received
bonechickchris
medontdo-in the mail
grovespirit-in the mail
cybermeowz
markcase1964
kamiljablo
greenthumbgrow
sassybutterfly_2008
blue_ivy
demp_pa
grolikecrazy-in the mail

I will be sending out a reminder email today :)

o

Hi everyone!

I totally forgot to post! So sorry! My seeds are out and about! Should be to you soon! Christy

o

Ah how sweet. Thank you! I was hoping that I wasn't going to upset anyone by not being able to participate. :-)
Hope you all have fun!
grovespirit - once you get moved, I would still love to trade with you (seeds). We were never able to finalize out trade. That's when my computer went poopy on me.
Hope you find a nice home for you and your pets!

Carrie

o
Updated List

Here's an updated list

Received

lindaruzicka
gardenmom2
dan_the_mailman
susantexoma
ilovefarac
highalttransplant
naturegirl_2007
booberry85
bonechickchris
medontdo
grovespirit
cybermeowz
blue_ivy
grolikecrazy
demp_pa-in the mail

Not Received

markcase1964
kamiljablo
greenthumbgrow
sassybutterfly_2008

I'm going to be sorting this week and will mail them out on Monday.
If you are on my Not Received list, please contact me, as I have not heard back from you. If anyone knows if their (on the not received list) computer is down, please let me know.
Thanks!

o

see, linda is a really really bad and evil person, **onery grinn** did ya'll get this dark and sinister email?? man, i did, LOL **big smile** i was happily going along, thinking yay!! my rr is almost over, exept for the bday one, well, then she goes and sends me one that tells me about dans, how evil!!! truely evil!! **huge smile** ya know, i onpurposely don't visit thes places so i don't get all weak and join one!! OMGoodness!! hubs redneck name is butch beaver ***OMG i'm sooooo laughing!!!!**** anyhow i'm so anxous to see my seeds!! WOWOOO HOOOOO!!
is everyone as anxious as me????? LOL ~Medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}}

o

why Medo, I don't know what you mean..."innocent smile"...

o

***I know EXACTLY what she means...***

o
RE: Purple Seed Swap!

Thanks to everyone who sent in seeds! They are going out tomorrow. If you still have not sent me your seeds, the deadline was last week. :( There's always the Blue Seed Swap going on now, or you can save those purple seeds for next time!

Thanks everyone!

o

YAY!!! Here come the seeds!!! THANKS ANNA, FOR STARTING THIS!!!

And, for all you others, if you haven't signed up yet for the Blue Seed Swap, there's still time! You can sign-up until Friday night/Saturday morning by sending me an e-mail with your name, address, garden web name, and e-mail address. I'm mailing out my address to everyone who is signed up on Saturday the 2nd so you all can send me those seed packets, and I can start sorting and mailing!

happy Sunday to all, and to all a great day!
-Dan

o
Update on Seeds!

Hey Guys and Gals,
Sorry about the lateness of the seeds :(
I am actually running to the post office now. I have been working on other projects.

blue_ivy, you should get your seeds early next week-I'm sending those by high-speed mail, or the quickest way to get you as early as possible.

Thank you all for being so patient and for making this a fun swap! Good luck to Dan and his Blue Seed Swap as well!

o

i am so anxious for the purple, i only have two purple vegies, one is ornamental pepper and the other is a bean, so i hope i have something cool!! **big grin** if they are just flowers, i'll just toss them in with talla's fairy stuff, she'll only be so happy!! ummm...dan, you'd be only not so happy with her garden, its NOT organized!! LOL i sooooo love that!! **grin** although, i'm just slowly but surely getting this lawn gone!! hee hee, and the funny part, i don't think hubs even is paying attention that much!! **grin** he's just happy i'm busy and not mad for a change!! LOL dang horomones!! LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}}

o

OK I just realized I did NOT send my package as I found it under a pile of stuff on my desk. errrr. I thought I mailed it with the others I mailed out weeks ago. Anyway Anna please do not wait for mine. I am sorry about that.

Tammy:-)

o

I received my seeds today! I was so excited..there's seeds in there I haven't grown or heard of before..excellent job Anna! Thanks everyone!

o

congratulations Linda! I'm still looking for my purple seeds, but have received blue seeds from two people so far...

Anna, this was an excellent idea!

o

Big thanks for the seeds everyone! I'm thrilled with the veggies and the Rose of Sharon seeds.

Big thanks to Anna for coordinating the swap!

o

My seeds arrived today!! I'm thrilled to have a new tomato and pepper to add to my already too large collections. There are also several veggies and flowers I'm anxious to try, and I didn't even know I wanted them :) Thanks carroteggs and all you swappers. Gotta go do some planting now. Warm weather can't be too far away.

o

Hi everyone. I was so thrilled to get my enve today. It had purple broccoli (YIPPEE) and purple carrots. My kids are SOOOO excited. It has lots of purple flowers that I have never grown. I am so thrilled with the large selection I rec'd. I want to say thanks to everyone. Great swap.

Nichol

o

My seeds arrived yesterday and I love them -- purple basil and deep purple scabiosa, yay! What a great selection -- thank you everyone and especially thank you Anna, you ran such a fun (and perfectly organized) swap!

Susan

o

Anna and everyone,

Thanks so much for the seeds! I am especially excited about the tomatillo and passion fruit!!

Anna, it was so kind of you to send the seeds fast so I had time to plant them before leaving - thanks so much!

And thanks everyone!

o

I got my purple seeds yesterday! And wow! What a selection! I received
Grandpa Otts Morning Glories
Paulonia Tomentosa
Purple Flamingo Celosia
Purple Poppy
Purple Perfume Nicotania
Ladybells
Violet Dusk Penstemon
An Eggplant Blend (I love eggplant parmesan!)
Purple Viena Kohlrabi
Pinkeye Purple Hull Cowpea
Purple Sweetrocket Hesperis
Verbena (love this plant!)
African Foxglove (love this one too!)
Star of Yelta Morning Glory
Purple Liatris
Datura Tatula

I'm going to have to look some of these up, but that's fine with me! I like learning about new types of plants! Go figure, eh? LOL!!!

Thank You Everyone For Sending In These Great Seeds!

Thank You Anna For Hosting This Swap! It was a lot of fun, and a great idea!

REMINDER: There's still time to join in on the Blue Seed Swap if you haven't already. E-mail me for my address if you'd like to participate. I've already received some great envies full of seeds, and will be sorting them and sending them on the 15th of May.

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday!
-Dan

o

I received my seeds today. Thank you to everybody for a great selection of seeds. Thanks to Anna for being a great hostess.

Don (dem_pa)

o

my seeds came in yesteday, thank you so much!! i was pleasantly surprised :')
i recieved:
purple dragon carrots
purple basil
dwarf grey sugar snow pea
purple coneflower
purple turnip top
victoria egg plant
cherokeep purple tomatoe
black beauty egg plant
purple foxglove
purple kale
thank you so much for this! it was a great swap!!
~Medo

o

Bump!

Here is the Official Months of Hosting List:
April : Dan : Blue
May : Christy : Black
June: Bonnie : Yellow
July : Tammy : Red
August : Linda : Rainbow
September : Kamil : White
October : Nichol : Pink
November : Penny : Orange
December : Carrie : Chocolate
January : Wendy : Green

o

Has anyone seen/heard from Kamil lately? Or did his final exams eat him up? I haven't seen him on the web lately...

o

Nope, I hope he is still okay since he is hosting the White Swap in September.... uh oh. ;)

o

I thought he was still away...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here