Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyblues1965

UPDATE: Winter blues round robin

ladyblues1965
18 years ago

Heads up Amanda!!! This robin is in flight today!!! It is on its way to your house! Have fun ladies.

I look forward to the day she returns home with all your journaling ,I think it is wonderful to learn about everyone and their gardens,family pets ect. I tried to include much of my world in the journal,now lets hear yours.

Please post here when you get the robin and when it is sent back out,and who you sent it to, so we dont loose track of her.

If you take seeds please replace with equally valuable seeds :example: if you take a hard to come by seed please dont replace it with seeds you get 10 for a buck

If you take bulbs or gifts please replace them as well.

Also lets all us delivery comformation so we know it has been delivered.

Thanks for joining I hope you all have a blast!!

Kelley

Comments (72)

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh. Can hardly wait! Thanks Twila, I'll be watching!

Sue

• keets
    18 years ago

The Postman left a box today just sitting on my step
    It looked like it had traveled far to take a little rest
    I looked it over thoughtfully this box that he had left
    The sides were bulging out, it was stuffed so very full.
    I picked it up so carefully, this treasure I had found
    With shaking hands I opened it and with abated breath
    Watched a treasure trove of goodies spread across my table top
    I knew that I could pick and choose before I sent it on
    Inside a wealth of seeds to filled my dreams of summer blooms
    A Sunflower tea towel caught my eye I knew I wanted that
    It would do until my seeds grew, and turned their faces to the sun

A journal tucked among the seeds reminded me to write
    About myself and all the things that so defined my life.
    The time had come for me to add some treasures of my own
    This would fit if tucked real tight, and things were moved about
    I packed and packed and packed again and added somethings new
    And finally I could close the top, it only heaved a bit
    The sides still bulged but I was sure the postman wouldnÂt mind
    I knew that it would bring such joy as it continued on
    To link each one whose hands had shared the treasures in the box
    But the best of gifts within the box that stayed at every stop
    Were the memories left to grow, of the friendships it had brought

Sue, confirmation #0304 1560 0004 6236 9582

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sue that was wonderful!!!! I so enjoyed the read.
    Thanks
    Kelley

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

Actually, that was Twila but I so enjoyed it too!

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OOOPS SORRY TWILA !!!! it was really wonderful!!
    Hope everyone is enjoying this robin. I cant wait till it comes back home !
    Kelley

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

Got the box! And thanks so much Twila for being so thoughtful. It came on a day that I really needed some brightening!

I took out about six pks of seeds and put in about 18 more. Added some more gifts of my own and transferred everything to a flat rate box. Should save a couple $$.

I'll post confirmation later today after I go to the post office. It will be on it's way to Erica!

Thanks for hosting, Kelley!

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sue,
    I am glad the robin brighteded your day!
    Kelley

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

Ok, the box is on it's way to Erica!

Conf #0305 0830 0002 3859 9920

Thanks again for a great Robin!

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Erica,
    I was just wondering if you got the robin yet? please let us know
    Thanks
    Kelley

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

yes the box arrived and i got the journal today.i was waiting on it.will post conf. number when i have it..erica

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Erica I was just getting worried it might have got lost Lol .No hurry I was just concerned.
    Kelley

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

on it's way to Alicia B. in tx.. 03041070000206171893

thanks for letting me play.. i took out notepad, gloves, figurine, seeds. i added 2 handmade candles,2 scented rosehips baggies(i made the candles and scented the rosehips)and about 10 packs of seeds...sorry i took so long wanted to wait on the journal, then i had to read it all..lol erica

• efrosty1
    18 years ago

Label/Receipt Number: 0304 1070 0002 0617 1893

Your item was delivered at 2:03 pm on March 31, 2006 in FRISCO, TX 75034.

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Erica ,
    I was wondering bout it :0)

• abcgirltx
    18 years ago

Hi y'all, I received the box Friday - a surprise, because I had forgotten I was in another robin! Took out 4 packs of seeds, added in 15. Didn't take a gift, but added a little something to the box. I'm finishing up with the journal, and hope to get this back in the mail tomorrow.

Alicia

• abcgirltx
    18 years ago

Hi y'all. I didn't make it to the post office until after work today, but got the package back in the mail to the next person on the list (and my brain fails me at the moment, so I can't remember who that is!). Anyway, confirmation number is 04113097963010022015.

• jesslovesreg
    18 years ago

It's me! It's me! I'll be looking out for it - Jess

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Just wanted to let you ladies know that I am so sorry, but you need to take me and MargeC out of the round robin! MargeC is my mother if some of you don't know her. She passed away yesterday and so think for now that I'll not play for awhile. I am sorry and hope this doesn't mess up everything for you. We were both really looking forward to it and so sorry. Melinda

• romando
    18 years ago

Oh my gosh. Melinda, I'm so sorry. I know you had been taking care of her for some time. My thoughts are with you and your family. Please take your time; may peace find you and memories comfort you.

amanda 'romando'

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Melinda,
    please accept my sympathy on the loss of your loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Melinda,
    my sympathy and thoughts for you and your family.I am sorry to hear of your loss.
    Kelley

• ggwrn
    18 years ago

Melinda,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mother. It sounds like the two of you were very close. I will keep you in my prayers.

Ginger

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Thanks for the wonderful thoughts and prayers everyone. Yes, she was my garden buddy and my best friend besides my mother! I am devastated and will miss her dearly. She only had one more round of chemo and they said she was doing great. Then she didn't feel as well as she had been but she wasn't concerned. Made her go in to see dr. and we were only in there 5 minutes and she went into cardiac arrest and nothing they could do. It was a sad day! With many more to come. She loved the GW and we were always looking forward to these things and sorry we can't now. Have fun with it ladies. Melinda

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wheres the Bird? Havent heard anything for several days.
    please Let us Know
    Thanks
    Kelley

• jesslovesreg
    18 years ago

Melinda: I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, you're in my prayers too.

The robin arrived today.
    (Looks like it went through a lot, a couple of wonderful smelling candles were broken out of their jars, but I kept one in a similar sized holder and it did just fine.)
    Besides the yummy candle, I took out 6 seed packs and an elastic band watch to go running with.
    I added 15 seed packs, and a few little suprises all in a clean glass free flat rate box.
    It's packed up and ready to make it's way to Ginger tomorrow when I'll post the conf. #.
    Thanks for hosting Kelley
    -Jess

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jess,
    I am glad it got there ! I am like a momma ,keeping an ever watching eye on her baby lol
    too bad the candles were broke. The postal service is pretty rough with packages. Are there enough gifts in the box now that those were broke? if not let me know ,I will figure something out.
    thanks
    Kelley

• jesslovesreg
    18 years ago

Don't worry the box is well stocked, and even though the candles' jars were broken, I kept one of the 2 and put it in a holder and it was great. -Jess

• ggwrn
    18 years ago

I can't believe that it is on its way to me already! I'm watching the mailbox.

Ginger

• ggwrn
    18 years ago

The box was here when I got home from work last night. I'm going to go through it and read the journal today. I'll mail it back out tomorrow.

Ginger

• ggwrn
    18 years ago

Lisa M. the box is on its way to you. The confirmation number is 0305 0830 0002 3134 9959.
    I enjoyed reading the journal. It was really interesting. I took out 2 copper plant markers and replaced them with 2 gifts. I took out 5 packs of seeds and replaced them with 5 packs.

Ginger

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    18 years ago

Hi ladies! The fat Robin was waiting for me last evening when I got home from work, but unfortunately I could not open it until this morning. I really enjoyed reading the journal - neat idea Kelley! I found some seeds I found interesting and added probably 50 + packs. Also, I took a garden marker and wind sock and added a garden tote and a few other miscellaneous items. I have the Robin all packed up to the hilt and since I can't make it to the
    P. O. today - I'll drop her off on the way in to work on Monday morning! Thanks so much for coordinating this Kelley - I enjoyed participating and the box will now be on its way to Tina! - Lisa

• mmqchdygg
    18 years ago

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!
    !!!!!!!!!

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Looks like she is movin right along! hope everyone has enjoyed it! Cant wait till she comes home .I am looking forward to reading the journal .
    Kelley

• skohler
    17 years ago

can anyone put up a new list of where the box is
    & who is still playing ???

thank you
    susie

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susie,
    Looks to me like this is who is left
    Tina R.
    Deanie P.
    G.W Skohler
    Heather C.
    then back home.
    Kelley

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

The box is on its way to Deanie in SC...
    Your tracking # is 0306 0320 0001 1551 3114
    Mailed out on Friday.

I took out some new varieties of seeds, left a little bit of Liatris for the next person (LOL) and added (IMHO) a very cool item from my ceramics workshop. Hope someone loves it enough to give it a new home!

Thanks for letting me play!

• skohler
    17 years ago

SO Did Tina Get Skipped ??
    just checking so we know what to do. looks as I'm next after deanie & I wanted to make sure tina was still in
    or not .
    going to be gone for 3 days but the box should get here the same day I get home :))
    thanks gals .
    susie

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

da's me!
    Mary=Tina

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Any day now,I hope it lands here today. Will post as soon as I receive it.

Deanie

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

The robin landed today. I will take a peak inside right after I make myself a nice cold drink. :)
    Will post later!

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

This is a great robin, thank you Tina(mmqchdygg) for the ceramic "garden fund" jar.It is sunshine yellow with flowers all around it,just what I needed(How did you know?)it replaced the ugly peanut butter jar that was sitting next to my computer. My two boys that still live at home have to donate $1.00 into the jar every time I do one of their chores, some weeks it adds up really fast. :)
    Tina, you are very tallented I will think of you everytime I look at it. I also took out the canvas garden tote(great idea for the absent minded gardener.) I replaced both items and added more seeds to the already huge seed bag. I enjoyed reading the journal and learning a little bit more about everyone, what a brilliant idea that was Kelly.
    O.K. now I still have to fill in my part in the Journal and then of it goes to Susie.
    I will post again after I get back from the post office Monday morning with the Confirmation#
    Kelly, thanks for letting me play, this is a very fun robin. You did a great job!
    Deanie

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

DC= 0301 0120 0003 9667 3306
    Susie, it's heading your way, with a little surprise for you. I hope you like it.
    Deanie

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    17 years ago

wooooo hoooo this baby commin home soon? This should be the last stop for her if I am right!! I cant wait to see what everyone has written in the journal.Deanie , was Susie's addy the last on the list besides mine?
    I sure have had alot of fun watching this move along ,and reading everyones post's !Thanks to all the players !
    Kelley

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Kelley, after Susie it goes to Heather and then it will come home to you.
    Deanie

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK how did I miss Heather!!? well it wont be long now. I am just sooooooo excited to get it back here, I must have overlooked Heather. Sorry Heather didnt mean to leave you out. :0)
    thanks Deanie for th info.
    Kelley

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi All 9pm just spent the last 4 hrs with a sick friend
    when I came in there was a box here for me .
    Sorry just to tired to go through it tonight & I have to be back at the hospital early in the morning for my friends surgery but will try to go through it as soon as I get home about noon I hope .
    & let you know when I get it back in the mail hope by saturday will let you know .
    susie

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Hi girls-the box arrived here today. As soon as I get a chance to go through it will post again.~Heather

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Hi Kelley, Wanted to let you know the box is in flight again and headed home. The conf# is-03052710000077463506. I added a few gifts for you hope you like them. I had a great time reading the journal. This was a really fun robin. Enjoy your gardening Season~Heather

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OH OH OH OH!!!!!! I cant wait!!!
    I want to thank all you ladies for joining me and making this robin sooooooo much fun!! I will post when she gets home.
    Looking forward to reading !!
    Kelley

• ladyblues1965
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well The robin landed back home!!!! OH MY GOSH I DONT BELIEVE HOW BIG THIS THANG GOT!!! YOu guys the gifts are wonderful I loved each one of them!! IN one there was chocholate and needless to say it is gone I also recieved a realy nice tera cotta sun plaque that I will hang out side on the house today.a package of plant lables the metal kind , a very very cute angel windchime, a spring time wind sock,three candles,wallpaper border , miracle grow plant food ,a tea towel, gosh the list goes on and on . What a blast I had opening this bird! I read the journal and loved it! Most of you are about tha same age as me ,wich I thought was pretty kool.
    Amanda thanks for the pic ,what a nice looking family! You look alot like my lil sis.8 years younger and 5 inches taller than me. (I am only 5' tall).
    Went thru the seeds and took out what I would like to grow and I have posted to give the rest to two newbies.
    I could never use all those seeds!!
    Thank you Each and every one for joining in this robin and making it so much fun!!
    Kelley