Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kboyette_gw

NEW: House Plant Swap

kboyette
17 years ago

I would like to host a house plant swap. I will take sign ups until March 30. Then I will email everyone their partners the first week in April. Packages will need to be mailed by April 16. Please be able to send 3 to 4 plants. You may send more if you have more to send but you must send at least 3. Maybe this way everyone will be able to play.

Kathi

Comments (43)

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Count me "IN" on this one Kathi,I love House Plant Swaps.Thanks for hosting.I for one can never have too many houseplants : )
    Nancy

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

I have some really good ones to send just in time too I am starting to get batty trying to find places for all these babies

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Count me in too!

Deb

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Deb,that graphic is too cute : )

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I'd like to join too please!

• kboyette
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please email me your complete address and your haves and wants as you sign up. So far we have 5 swaping!

kboyette233@bellsouth.net

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

I have been looking around my house today and I am going to the greenhouse on sunday I cant wait to start packing I am hoping to mail my box really really soon lol

• asclepchris
    17 years ago

I hope its not to late to join the houseplant swap. I have lots of succulents from my greenhouse ready for trading

Here is a link that might be useful: gardenWeb

• bigmama4ever
    17 years ago

im late for everything, can i still join??

• snboyken
    17 years ago

So sorry I missed this one.

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

Kathi
    did you get my email
    Heather

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

Can anyone tell me what is going on with this swap?

• diene
    17 years ago

I have no idea what is going on with this swap but if it has not started and there is room for one more, I have several plants that need to find new homes. I would volunteer to be the back up in the event someone "forgets" to send a box as I really do not need anymore house plants or there will not be room for the people and animals. Let me know if you need me. diene

• kboyette
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry I am so late assigning partners. Here they are! Please send your box on or by April 16th. Also please post when you send and recieve your box.
    Kathi

SENDER RECIEVER
    snboyken------ lhmkc
    lhmkc -------- kboyette
    sguanzon ----- debbya
    1bigmama ---- sguanzon
    cedarnest ---- snboyken
    chris ----- cedarnest
    debbya ----- chris
    kboyette ----- 1bigmama

Please let me know if I left anyone out.
    Kathi

• bigmama4ever
    17 years ago

please check your list, i rec a mail with another name on it . sguanzon it seems we are in the same zone, state, would you like to come to my house and pick your plants, mail me . norma in sierra vista.

• bigmama4ever
    17 years ago

i got avasmom???..norma

• kboyette
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Norma
    sguanzon is who you are to swap with. avasmom is her email address. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused you.
    Once again I am sorry for being so late assigning partners. I was very busy last week.
    Kathi

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Good thing I found this again...
    Are you going to be sending us an email with our partners address so we know where to send our box to?I never received one.Please let me know??
    Thank You : )
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Nancy,
    I emailed my Pal for the address. No swap info was included in any email. Just the name of the person that we are swapping with.

Deb

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Thanks Deb.I thought maybe I deleted an email I shouldn't have again.LOL OK so thats means I need to hear from who is sending to me so I can give them my address and I also need to email who I am sending to so they can give me their address.Gotcha Deb.I had no idea how we were supposed to know where to send without the addy.Thanks again for coming to my rescue.
    Nancy

• snboyken
    17 years ago

I emailed my buddy today, Sorry for my delay, been busy at work and on spring break in Fla. I will get my box ready this weekend to mail on Monday.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Well Hello Sharon.I looked at the list wrong.I am sending to you and I definitely know who you are and where you live.LOL I hope I didn't freak everyone out..No I am not a stalker everyone,I just already know Sharon(wonderful gal) from previous swaps and trades we have done together.
    Your box will be on its way 1st part of next week : ))
    Nancy

• bigmama4ever
    17 years ago

i got my plants today especialy like the shamrock, the plants were wraped inpaper towels and then in newspaper. the roots were not wraped in plastic so they were bone dry, they are taking a drink right now i think they will be fine, this is not the regular way you send your plants?? cause come the heat they will not make it..i just got my partners addy so ill be mailing her stuff soon. norma

• kboyette
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I usually wrap them in plastic... guess I forgot. I have had a rough week. I mailed those out on Monday morning before taking my son to the hospital for eye surgery. You can imagne I was not all there that day and on top of things my town is on fire. So far 30K acres have burnt. Please keep everyone here in your prayers. We have over 280 firemen here now fighting to save peoples homes.
    Let me know if your plants don't make it and I will send you out another box.
    Kathi

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Debbya - I am so sorry I am so late getting things out this month. Since the beginning of the month we've been painting and tiling the whole house and I just got the computer hooked back up. Hope you don't think I forgot about you! Should I just check your list for the types of things you want?

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Sharon/Snboyken your box is on its way....
    USPS Priority #01038555749118208135
    Hope you like what I picked out for you : )

hmmm I still haven't heard from my sender.Hope Kathi sent them my address? lol

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Sue,
    I didn't think you forgot about me. ;)
    I didn't mail my package out yet either. I'm planning on doing so tomorrow. I'm a little behind too, mostly because of the weather. Tomorrow night our low temp is 43*, next night 41*. I'll be turning on the central heat again.

I'll be happy with whatever you choose for me. I love variegated stuff. I picked up a wire bunny-topiary (and would love some ivy) cuttings or plant if you have any. The ivy doesn't have to be variegated. There isn't a houseplant I don't love! I need to update my GW list. It's old. I tried to update it a few weeks ago, and for some reason the update didn't work. I spent a long time typing for nothing! ;)
    I'm also looking for basket Monstera (cuttings or small plant) philos, cactus, succulents.

Deb

• kboyette
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I recieved my box yesterday. Thanks lhmkc. I loved them all.
    Cedarnest I sent Chris an email with your email address in it for him to contact you about mailing your plants. I just forwarded the email addresses because I know I always want to email my partner so that i can send them what they want. I will send him another email. If I don't hear from him I will send you a box.
    Kathi

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

Glad to hear you liked them Kathi the dragon tree will be on its way shortly just got the boxes in today
    Heather

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Got the info Deb, thanks. It will likely go out Saturday. I'll post DC# when it goes.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I'm going to hold off until Saturday or Monday to ship my box out. It's still unseasonably chilly (40*). I'll post a delivery confirmation number when the box goes out. Sorry for the delay! Illinois weather is so unpredictable!

Deb

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I understand I have a box waiting for me at home when I get home from work from Norma. Thanks Norma. I'll post after I open - can't wait!

• lhmkc
    17 years ago

Kathi I will get you out the other plants I said in email i would send next week I am leaving gw for good now and oh yeah I havent recd anything from this swap either

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I received a lovely box from Norma. I recognize the Pothos, and (I think) a wandering jew and some really interesting cactus cuttings. Do you have names for these?

Thanks again for the nice Box!

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I sent my box out today, USPS #0307 0020 0003 7581 8624.

Chris,
    I hope you enjoy it!

Deb

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Deb,

I sent your box out yesterday DC #0306 1070 0003 7816 1812.
    I'm so sorry to be so late -- so much going on in April - I'm not usually late like that.

In any case, I hope you like what I sent. I left the cactus and succulents in their pots 'cause I've learned from experience they often don't like to be disturbed.

Let me know when you get the box, Deb.

Sue

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Sue,
    Our weather finally warmed up this week (hopefully for good this time) so I'm glad you sent my box late. Last week was chilly (40*) so this week is much better for plant shipment (70's/80*).

I'll let you know when the box arrives.

Deb

• snboyken
    16 years ago

I receieved my box from cedarnest, it was great. I mailed my box on Tuesday evening, however due to low temps in the area it didn't arrive in good condition.

I will offer to send a replcement box when the weather in NY warms up.

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Sue's box arrived. I've had jury duty the last few days, so was unable to post. Sue, thanks so much for the fantastic box! I LOVE the ivys, succulents, cactus! Plus the perennial book, and the adorable ceramic birds!

Giant HUGS for such a nice box!

Deb

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Chris!!! WOW!!!THANK YOU!!! These have got to be the coolest ever! Chris sent me a box of 15 different succulent starts and cuttings.My son took mine all home with him last fall but I have never had anything nearly as neat looking in my entire life as these! : )They all were labeled perfectly so even tho I can't pronounce them..LOL.. I can now look up what each is.I am so pleased its hard to put in words!Thanks soo much Chris! I Love them all!
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Chris,
    I hope my box arrived by now. Please let me know if everything made the trip ok.

Deb

• indianaplantlover
    10 years ago

I'm new here sort of. Starting over after having many of my plants lost to theft. I'm working on rebuilding my collection. I know it's to late to join this swap but if anyone heads up another I would love to join. In the mean time I'll start on things to share.

• indianaplantlover
    10 years ago

I had no idea this was an old post. Sorry for not paying attention. Just looking for anyone that may have extra houseplants they may want to find good homes for. I don't have much but a few jades, some ferns and maybe a couple other small things.