Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new-march mnf your choice swap!

Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 11:56

Hi Everyone and welcome to the March Making New Friends Your Choice Swap! The MNF group is open to anyone and everyone and you are more than welcome to join in the fun!

I was a little slow about posting this swap for several reasons, like: too many projects going on at the same time AND I couldn't make up my mind which theme to use.

Well, that's silly! All of you are fully capable of choosing your own theme for the month, so I decided to leave the decisions up to you!

That's right, when you sign up for this month's swap, you will also choose, and post, the theme of your choice!!

I narrowed the choices down to these 4:
1. "When I Grow Up, I Want to be...."
2. "I Dreamed a Dream..."
3."I Wish I Had More Time to...."
4. "St. Patrick's Day is My Favorite Holiday Because..."

Please complete the sentence, when you post your choice.
Your partner will send you 1 pack of seeds and some little item related to your theme. The item you send should fit in a card sized envelope or a legal size envelope - NOTHING ANY BIGGER! You will really have to use your creativity on this one!

Signups are until March 9th.
Partners will be chosen on March 10th.
Deadline for mailing your envelope is the end of the month.
Delivery Confirmation is mandatory!

You will even get to choose your partner, but more on that later!

Choice is a good thing! Anyone ready to choose?
Questions? Concerns? Let me know!
Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 15:05

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new-march mnf your choice swap!

Just a thought Shirley. I don't know if everyone's PO does the same, apparently there is some variation out there in how they operate, but mine will not issue DC on a card or legal sized envelope. It has to qualify as a "small package" for that. I know I can't print it online for that, either.
Does anyone else have any experience with that.

I will likely join, but not just yet-I've got to get caught up on other stuff first.
Alana

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 12:47

Thanks, Alana, I didn't realize that. I'l check it out at our PO.

If your PO doesn't do DCs for envelopes or cards, you have the choice (another one!) of mailing as suggested OR turn your package into a "small package" and using a DC.

Shirley!

o

Hi Shirley, I am game to using a small box. Since the latest postage hike, my post office has been automatically putting DC on packages at the kiosk. My receipt did not have a separate charge for it so it must have been part of the cost of postage.

I usually decide if it is a better price to send it Flat rate or regular/priority depending on where I am sending to.

I would like to join this swap. I am going with choice 3.

I wish I had more time to "read my garden books".

Thanks Shirley and I love the edit choice too.

Margo

This post was edited by smitties on Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 15:18

o

Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 15:07

Margo, welcome to the swap! Missed ya last month!

Yes, you should complete the sentence when you post your choice. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. I went back and edited it in! Love that feature!
Shirley!

o

Sign me up please.

I choose #4:
St. Patrick's Day is My Favorite Holiday Because, everyone wears my favorite color...green! :)

vina

o

I would like to join and I would pick number 4 "St. Patrick's Day is My Favorite Holiday Because..." I love all things green.

o

I want to join! I thing a legal sized manilla envelope or small box is reasonable. Even with me being on a fixed income, Im sure I can afford a few things to put in the envelope and a few bucks to mail it!

I choose...2. "I dreamed a dream...that I was a garden fairy!"

Alexandra (alex)

o

Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 21:39

Well, it looks like we're off to a good start!

Signed up already are:
Margo - I wish I had more time to read my garden books;
Vina - St Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because everyone wears my favorite color;
Craftie (Margie?) St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because I love all things green;
Alex- I dreamed a dream I was a garden fairy!

Welcome to the swap, ladies!

I guess I should post my choice, which is # 4 also. St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because I love the history of his adopted country. I don't really care for the color "kelly" green, but other than that I love everything about Ireland and St. Patrick!

Margo, my 2nd choice would have been yours; I got two magazine subscriptions for Christmas, and I have a hard time finding time to read them.

Alex, what fun to be a garden fairy! I could dream a great dream about that too!

Well, I'm either going to bed or print some more pics.
Talk to ya all tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

I dreamed a dream that I was a butterfly, dancing on flowers.

o

Please sign me up!

I dreamed a dream of a garden filled with flowers and no weeds!

And I agree- I could use more time to read my garden books!

o

Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 19:37

Welcome gardenunusual and dmkelly! Nice to see some new faces, well, new to me anyway! Glad you could join us!

Signed up already are:
Vina - St Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because everyone wears my favorite color;
Craftie (Margie?) St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because I love all things green;
Alex- I dreamed a dream I was a garden fairy!
Gardenunusual - I dreamed a dream I was a butterfly dancing on flowers;
Dmkelly - I dreamed a dream of a garden full with flowers and no weeds;
Shirley - St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because I love the history of his adopted country;

Dm - I know a lot of other gardeners who share your dream!

Today was a beautiful bright, sunshiny day here, but was it ever COLD! And they're saying 5 inches of snow for tomorrow. Oh. Great.

Have a good evening, everyone!
Shirley!

o

I would like to join.

#1 When I grow up, I want to be working in my butterfly garden every day.

photo tigerbut.jpg

Don

o

Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 7:52

Welcome to the swap, Don, beautiful swallowtails!

I wish I had more time to follow everyone's else's choices!

Have a great day, folks!
Shirley!

o

Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 19:16

Hope everyone had a great day!

Here's the list of players so far:

Vina - St Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because everyone wears my favorite color, green;

Alex- I dreamed a dream I was a garden fairy;

Gardenunusual - I dreamed a dream I was a butterfly dancing on flowers;

Dmkelly - I dreamed a dream of a garden full with flowers and no weeds;

Shirley - St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because I love the history of his adopted country;

Don - When I grow up, I want to be working in my butterfly garden every day;

Have a great evening, All
Shirley!

o

Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 13:20

Hi, home on lunch hour and just checking in!
4 more days to sign up!

Have a great afternoon - oh, no snow, lots of sunshine and a tad bit warmer than yesterday!

Later!
Shirley!

o
My computer is down!

Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 18:15

Well, I should say that my monitor is blacking out on me.
Sorry
Talk to ya all when I get a new one, tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

Sign me up :)

I dreamed a dream that I was playing tag with a dragonfly, a firefly, and a bumblebee while listening to an orchestra of crickets, frogs, and owls :)

o

Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 20:09

Hi Everyone, well, had to buy a new monitor, but at least the computer didn't crash! When the monitor started going black, I thought for sure the whole thing was going, but I got lucky!

Welcome to the swap, Diane, nice to have you joining in!

I need to go explore the CD that came with this monitor, so I'll catch up on everything tomorrow. Have a great night everyone!
Shirley!

o

This one sounds like fun, I'll join.

I Dreamed a Dream that I was a ballerina dancing in my butterfly garden among the butterflies and dragonfly's.

o

I wish I had time to watch my herb garden bird feeders every morning with a cup of coffee.

I wanna play!

o

Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 20:30

Hi Everyone!

Welcome c_davis and octennessee! Glad you could join in the fun!

Tomorrow is the last day for signups,
I'll post instructions for choosing your partners on Sunday!

I can't get the site to copy the list, so will post the whole list tomorrow, after I figure out what is wrong. I highlight the list and then left click to get "copy" but nothing happens. Bummer.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, talk to ya all tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

I dreamed a dream of a garden... filled with beautiful flowers and no worries of weeding!

o

Shirley...would love to play!

I Dreamed A Dream That I Was Sitting On Top Of A Cocktail Bar!

Happy Saturday!

Annie

o

Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 18:39

Welcome Pinkiris and Annie!

Signups end tonight, so if anyone is lurking, now is the time to make up your mind! Come on, join us!

I'll post the entire list of themes tomorrow and explain how you will choose your own partners. Don't panic, it's a very simple process!

I shopped ALL day - something I very seldom do. I'm usually in and right back out again. Loath shopping. But a friend and I started out going to JUST ONE store and ended up going almost everywhere else in Monroe! We did more chatting than buying but we had fun anyway!

I'm real glad I'm home!

See ya tomorrow for partners!
Shirley!

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 16:34

Shirley,
If you need one more I'm in -- otherwise because I'm late you don't have to add me.

I wish I had more time to... garden.

It was a cold morning, but it wasn't raining. The sun was so motivating I got a lot of garden work done, but then had to come in to get ready to attend a wedding. The wedding was lovely, but I wish I had more time in the garden. The forecast is for rain all week, but at least it won't be freezing temps.

Ah, spring... We'll be moving this spring, but for now I know where my seeds are located.

Corrine

o
choosing partners!!

Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 18:31

Corrine, welcome to the swap!

Okay, everyone, it's time to choose partners!!

I've given everybody a letter of the alphabet.

All you need to do is pick a letter from A to M and send it to me by GW email. Whoever's letter you pick, will be your partner!

PLEASE DON'T POST YOUR CHOICE OF LETTER HERE ON THE SITE!

I'll post the partner list tomorrow night.
Anyone choosing their own letter will have to choose again!
I'll choose the partners for anyone who hasn't responded by Tuesday evening.

I'll also post the full list of choices on Tuesday evening, so everyone will know what to send!

Any questions, concerns?

Start choosing your partners!!
Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 19:22

o

Shirley...just sent you a GW email!

Tata,

Annie

o

Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 21:08

Evening, Everyone!

Annie, emailed ya back!

Well, folks, these letters are ALREADY TAKEN:
D,
F B
H J
M

Only 8 left to choose from! The partners list will be posted tomorrow evening,
Have a great Tuesday!
Shirley!

o

Shirley...received your email...thanks!

Happy Tuesday!

Annie

o
partners!

Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 19:19

All righty, time for Partners!
Here we go:

1. Craftie WILL SEND to Moonfire;

2. Gardenlove WILL SEND to Dem-PA;

3. Annie WILL SEND to Pinkiris;

4. Dmkelly WILL SEND to Gardenunusual;

5. DemPA has sent to Craftie who received;

6. Pinkiris has sent to Corrine who received;

7 Shirley (me) WILL SEND to Octennessee;

8. Smitties WILL SEND to Annie;

9. C_davis will send to Gardenlove;

10. Gardenunusual WILL SEND to Flowergirl(Vina)

11. Moonfire WILL SEND to Shirley;

12. Vina WILL SEND to C_davis

13. Octennessee WILL SEND to Smitties

14. Corrine WILL SEND to Dmkelly.

Lord, I hope I got this all straight!! Let me know if I goofed up! Or if I forgot anyone!

Now, before I post the choices, let me remind you that, for this swap, we are sending 1 pack of seeds and 1 VERY SMALL item to help with their choice. A legal size envelope, or small bubble envie should do it. You will need to be very creative!

And here are everyone's choice of themes:

1. Annie - I dreamed a dream that I was sitting on top of a cocktail bar (right there with ya, Annie!)

2. Pinkiris - I dreamed a dream of a garden filled with beautiful flowers and no worries of weeding;

3. Octennessee - I wish had time to watch my herb garden bird feeders every morning with a cup of coffee;

4. C_davis - I dreamed a dream that I was a ballerina dancing in my butterfly garden among the butterflies and dragonflies
; 5. Moonfire - I dreamed a dream that I was playing tag with a butterfly, a dragonfly and a bumblebee, while listening to an orchestra of crickets, frogs and owls;

6. Dem-Pa - When I grow up, I want to be working in my butterfly garden everyday;

7. Shirley - St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because I love the history of his adopted country;

8. Dmkelly - I dreamed a dream of a garden full of flowers and no weeds;

9. Gardenunusual - I dreamed a dream I was dancing on flowers;

10. Gardenlove - I dreamed a dream I was a garden fairy;

11. Crafie - St. Patrick's Day is my favorite holiday because I love all things green;

12. Vina - St. Patrick's Day is my foavorite holiday because everyone wears my favorite color - GREEN;

13. Smitties - I wish I had more time to read my garden books;

14. Corrine - I wish I had more time to garden.

Please contact your "sendee" for addresses. We have until the end of the month to send out.

Now, I know we have some very generous players in this swap, but I would like to ask you to please stick to the guidelines:
I pack of seeds, and 1 small item to help out with/related to their theme.

Any questions, concerns? Ask away!

Okay, all that's left for me to do is figure out how to fit some time and a cup of coffee into a legal sized envelope!
Happy swapping!
Shirley!

;

This post was edited by sjc48 on Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 7:54

o

COOL! Partners!
Sorry I missed yesterday's picking ;)

C~ I'm sending you an email for your addy. I'll be mailing by Friday. :)

My Brownie troop just finished our Shelter Tour tonight. I'm just so darn proud of those girls! They made 80 home-made dog biscuits, and hand sowed 60 catnip cat toys over the last 2 weeks. :) Those cats and dogs were so happy. The shelter workers were so nice. Before we went tonight they made them a poster with a dog drawn on it...a super huge poster sized thank you card :) They hung it on the wall. All the girls signed it.
Did I mention how proud I am of them...sigh...:D

Have a great night!
vina

o

Shirley, did you ever find out if the DC can be done on the legal size envelope? Was there ever any conclusion to that topic? I am going to have a hard time sticking to the rules but promise to do so.

My husband and I returned today from a trip to North Myrtle Beach. It was not that warm but warmer than here, at least today. I hear we were pretty nice over the weekend. It was nice to get away but I am worried about my weigh in at Weight Watchers this Friday. I have lost 12 pounds in 6 weeks and hope I didn't fall back. I have 11 to go to get back to my goal weight.

Will be working on my idea for Annie and getting that off at the end of next week. My gift shop is short workers. We are training new people but none of them have keys so with only three key holders, I had to pay, (so to speak) for my time off. I worked the three days of that week before I left and now work 7 of the next 8 days including a trip to Columbus with the owner for a buying mart on Saturday.

Off to bed after a long day. Margo

o

Mailed mine out, I have DC if needed. =)

o

Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 0:52

Thanks for including me, Shirley. Sounds like an easy, fun theme! Sorry, I wasn't home to check back, so missed the picking of partners. I've heard from my sender & have sent a note to my partner.

I dropped my 19 yr old son off at the airport to visit both sets of snowbirds in AZ grandparents, then to look at some plant stands, followed by a visit with my daughter in her gardens & to trade seeds.

Hubby & I had our 1st night of no children at home and had pho (soup) & fresh spring rolls takeout after we returned home from picking up the plant stands at 7:30pm. I'm glad they pack it well & we could reheat the broth as it was cold by the time we got home.

Corrine

o

Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 7:44

Morning All!
Margo, thanks for reminding me of that, my PO said they don't do DC#s for letter size envies or cards.

For this swap, you can use just a letter size envie or card and no DC#, or you can use a small bubble envie and get a DC#, your choice. I'm doing a legal sized envelope, probably with a couple of forever stamps.

Off to work!
Shirley!

o

Jayeanne (pinkiris),

Just emailed you via GW....Please let me know if you do not receive.

Thanks,

Annie

o

Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 20:26

Greetings!

Heather, I got your email, thank you, and like I said, it will probably be the first of the week before I mail out!

Oh, My Lord, they elected a Jesuit as Pope! How astonishing is that!!

Is everyone getting in touch with their "mailees"? Let me know if you need help with addresses.

Have a great night, everyone!
Shirley!

o

Hi Annie!

Got your message and wrote you back earlier today =)

o

Hi everyone,

Just got back online, will work on this today.

This is already getting fun!

Tanya

o

They're here, they're here!!!! The crocus, robins, and the pair of ducks who show up at our pond every spring have arrived. Woo hoo. Despite the cold, I can smile because of these wonderful signs of spring.

Hope everyone is having a sunny day where you are. Margo

o

Margo...what a beautiful sight!! Enjoy!!

Happy Thursday to all!

Annie

o

Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 13:26

Margo, what a beautiful description! It's very sunny up here, but, as you said, COLD!

My mini daffs and tulips are coming up in the front bed; man, did they multiply!

Happy Thursday to you too, Annie! And to everyone else!

Talk to ya all later
Shirley!

o

Hi Gardenlove, I've been trying to contact you for your address, I'm not sure if my message landed in your Spam Folder, I just sent another via GardenWeb. Look for a message from Carolyn Davis! I mention MNF in the subject line.

o
oops!!

Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 13:16

Many thanks to Carolyn/C_Davis, for catching a BIG mistake I made in the partners list!

I had Carolyn's name in there twice for her to receive.
And I totally forgot Dianne/Moonfire to receive.

So Carolyn suggested that Craftie/Margie send to Dianne! Excellent solution!

Dianne, I am so sorry! Craftie, sorry for the confusion!

Talk to ya all later!
Shirley!

o
oops!!

Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 13:17

Many thanks to Carolyn/C_Davis, for catching a BIG mistake I made in the partners list!

I had Carolyn's name in there twice for her to receive.
And I totally forgot Dianne/Moonfire to receive.

So Carolyn suggested that Craftie/Margie send to Dianne! Excellent solution!

Dianne, I am so sorry! Craftie, sorry for the confusion!

Talk to ya all later!
Shirley!

o

I mailed mine on Wednesday afternoon.

Don

o

Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 15:28

All Righty! We're on a roll!

Pinkiris has sent to Corrine, and
Dem_pa has sent to Craftie.

Craftie, please let me know that you know about sending to Dianne!

Vina, been meaning to say, what a great idea for your troop! It always sounds like so much fun!

Hey, off to start the weekend!
Shirley!

o

It's all ok Shirley :) will you pm me your mailing addy so i can get yours out in the mail :)...got it all ready to go....hope all are doing well...haven't had much time to get online and keep up with the chat lately ...talk to ya'll later, Dianne

o

Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 21:34

Hey All! Is everyone having a good weekend? I finished my WSing and I'm in the process of getting last year's flower pictures printed - Woo Hoo!

Is everyone getting the addresses they need?
Gardenunusual, Dawn/dmkelly is trying to get in touch for your address!

Talk to ya all later!
Shirley!

o

Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 10:44

Erin Go Bragh!
Have a good day!
Shirley!

o

Happy St. Patricks Day. Enjoy!!

Annie

o

Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 12:44

Wow, that was quick! Received a lovely garden themed card, Cosmos seeds, & absolutely identical sied hand folded paper seed envies from Pinkiris. How do you do it so well? Mine are always different even if I start out with the same size squares.

Love cosmos flowers, but I have poor luck with them when direct sown. What is the trick? I don't have any area of hot dry sun at the house, but I do down at the camp.

Corrine

o

Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 19:53

Hi Everyone, hope your Monday was a good one!

Corrine, I have trouble with Cosmos too, a friend who doesn't really do flowers from seed can grow them better than I can!

Heather, as soon as it quits raining, I'll mail your choice out to you; I like walking in the rain if it's warm, which it isn't!

Have a good night,
Shirley!

o

I recieved mine today it was great. Thank you DemPA . he sent me plant markers,pens,candy a cute card and green zinna seeds. love it all. He covered all the holidays in march you are so creative Don. I didnt think about that . this is so much fun it like having christmas every month.And i had agreat surprise I am also a member on plant swap well a few of the girls in the area had our frist gathering and I met my mnf partner. Love putting a face with a name.

margie

o

Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 7:38

Margie, yes, Don is a very creative person, have you ever seen his gourds that he paints? And it sounds like he fulfilled your choice very nicely!

Remember, folks, we have until the end of the month to send out. And be sure to post here when you mail and when you receive.

Have a great day!
Shirley!

o
Swap update!

Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 7:57

All of a sudden, I was able to copy, so thought I'd post an update!

2. Gardenlove has Sent to Dem_Pa who received;

3. Annie has Sent to Pinkiris;

4. Dmkelly WILL SEND to Gardenunusual;

7 Shirley has Sent to Octennessee;

12. Vina WILL SEND to C_davis

This post was edited by sjc48 on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 20:13

o

Dem_pa's went out today! #9574 2104 0776 3078 4348 74

o

Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 13:25

Well, so much for my game plan of sending a legal sized envelope and 2 forever stamps!

I forgot to buy the legal sized envelopes and had to make the envie out of a bigger one. Then I wrapped everything in bubblewrap which made it look like a small package and the girl at the post office priced it accordingly. Not to worry, it wasn't that much more expensive, just saying, maybe I should keep quiet until I know for sure what will happen!

In any event, Heather, your choice was mailed out today; the girl said it should be there by Thursday or Friday! Hope it fulfills your wish!

I'll check back in late tonight, gotta go play Bunco this evening. Talk to ya all later. Garden_Love, thanks for posting!
Shirley!

o

Annie, I have not forgotten you, I know what I want to get but have to get out to get it. I have been working a lot more but that will end on Thursday and then I am back to three days a week. Yeah.

Will let you know when I get that package out. Margo

o

Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 7:31

Good Morning, and Happy First Day of Spring!

Now if the weather would just match up!

Margo, is it as cold down there as it is up here?

Have a great day, everyone!
Shirley!

o

Corrine,

Cosmos looove poor soil, and not to be fertilized. Throw them down in a full sun spot, water every day until they sprout then let them take off.

Vina, I sent an email and haven't heard back. I'll send again!

T

o

Jayeanne,

SENT today, my all of a sudden St. Patricks Day inspired interpertation (after some pubbing of course) of......"I dreamed a dream of a garden... filled with beautiful flowers and no worries of weeding"! LOL!!!!

I took a chance in sending ???????.....hopefully arriving to Your Nest In The East intact and safe....in other words not smashed...LOL!!

USPS Tracking #
9500 1107 0217 3079 5158 38.............expected arrival is Saturday, March 23

Happy Wednesday evening! Happy First Day of Spring!

Annie

o

Yes Shirley, it is cold, very cold. That darn wind just doesn't stop. I just can't get warm at work either as it is a very old building and not very well insulated. I keep thinking we get our first shipment of plants in five weeks so it won't be much longer. I do think the early spring last year totally spoiled me.

I did find what I was looking for today so will be working on the package for Annie this weekend.

Margo

o

Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 7:52

Morning!

Just a quick check-in before work. I'll be back later with an update.

We work in an old cement block building and the thermostat for the whole building is in the smallest department, not such a good combination!

I swear they tuirned the air on yesterday!

Can hardly wait to hear about Annie's inspiration!

Shirley!

o

I received my envelope from garden_love today. I received a hand made card (she even made the paper of the card) and two hand made bookmarks. She wrote an old Irish Blessing in the card:

..May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun and find your shoulder to light on, to bring you luck, happiness and riches, today, tomorrow, and beyond.

I am a reader so the bookmarks will come in handy.

Also in the envelope were seeds for my butterfly garden, a wind chime and America's Almanac 2013.

Thanks so much for everything. I love it all.

I love the hand made card idea. I won't make my own paper but I might make my own Christmas cards. I usually join the Secret Santa Swap and on another homesteading site I join the Christmas card swap. (over 200 cards)

photo mnfmarch2013_zpsd4eb53e7.jpg

Don

o

I'm glad you received it and liked everything! I enjoyed. Putting it together!

o

Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 20:21

Very creative interpretation of your choice, Don!
Kudos, Garden_love!

And Don, if you decide to make your own Christmas cards, you might consider using your own photos, the ones I have seen are quite good!

Okay, time for an update:

2. Gardenlove has Sent to Dem_Pa who received;

3. Annie has Sent to Pinkiris who received;

4. Dmkelly has sent to Gardenunusual who received;

7 Shirley has Sent to Octennessee who received

12. Vina has sent to C_davis;

We still have 10 days to send out, hope to see ya all on here before then!

Have a great Friday!
Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 19:21

o

I received a very sweet package today from Shirley. Thanks so much for hosting this! I will put a picture later today but wanted to say thanks!

My package has not been sent out just yet but it will go out this week!

o

So much for pictures. As I type this, I am drinking an irish creme cappuccino, which was part of my sweet gift.

I received a packet of cinnamon basil (which I can't WAIT to sprout), two packets of cappucino (irish cream and mint mocha) and the cutest Jolee's stickers of clocks (one of which is already stuck to a magnet and placed on my fridge to always remind me to take some time out for smelling the garden and smelling some coffee!

Thanks so much!!

o

My package is finally done. I hope to get it posted by Sunday but promise no later than Tuesday. Sorry I wasn't quicker Annie. I do try to be quicker on these things but I guess I am still in time before the end of the month. :)

Margo

o

Evening! I'm Back! :)
We had a super time in Myrtle Beach! I just love it there! Everyone is so nice. The weather was super...anything that doesn't require me to shovel snow is SUPER weather, lol.

My seeds that I had started before we left are all sprouting. Such a nice homecoming.

I emailed Tanya back today :) Sorry for the delay.

I mailed out my envie to C-Davis last Thursday, March 14th, before I left on vacation. I'm hoping that she's rec'd it. It was a regular envie, I have the receipt, but they didn't do a DC.

Take out for dinner tonight...so tired...I think I need a vaca from our vaca, lol :)

Talk to you later!
vina

ps. in my pile of mail is a new iris catalog :D

o

Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 21:05

Heather, glad you liked the envie! Bought the stickers at Hobby Lobby, 40% off! Love it!!

Vina, not a bad returning - sprouts AND an Iris catalog! Glad you had a nice vacation, I think you may have needed one!

Margo, we still have over a week, no need to panic yet!! We had sunny weather here today, still cold tho. But I loved the sun!

Well, on with the weekend, have a good one!
Shirley!

o

Vina, when we were at Myrtle Beach two weeks ago, it was still pretty chilly. A bit warmer inland. We were able to walk the beach but the water was too cold to walk in. Was pretty thrilled to see a dolphin one morning and it wasn't too far out either. It was great to get away.

Shirley, the weather was sunny here today as well. Very nice to see and although not that warm, the wind was a lot quieter. The weathermen are starting to talk about a storm south of here for Sunday evening. It doesn't look like the snow will get this far north but they like to try hyping it up. Actually, it looks like your family down there might just get hit as they mentioned Dayton and I know they are near there. We are lucky in that we are taking our son back to Cincinnati for school Sunday but the weather is too hit later that day.

I did see 50 in the forecast for the end of the week. Woo hoo.

Have a good weekend all. Margo

o

Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 22:36

Margo, Chris was telling me about that storm. They are hoping it comes this weekend instead of next, when they are coming up for Easter. She is a little disappointed in Ohio winters; she expected severe cold in Minnesota, but not in the middle of Ohio!
On the other hand, may you and your family have a safe journey to Cincy and back.
And I second the "woo hoo" for 50 at the end of the week!
Drat, I have to go for groceries tomorrow. I can think of hundreds of better ways to spend part of my weekend!
Shirley!

o

Dmkelly, I received your beautiful package yesterday! I shall be opening it today thank you soooo much!

o

Dmkelly, I received your beautiful package yesterday! I shall be opening it today thank you soooo much!

o

I had the super sweetest surprise in my mailbox when I got home today =) Thank you ever so much Anne!! I loved everything! The beautiful card, the cutest sayings! and all the 'pink' items, lol even the little surprises arrived in perfect condition! I cant thank you enough Anne, it really made my day =) Many thanks!

o

Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 12:08

Wow, it seems like everyone's wishes and dreams are being fulfilled quite nicely! It should be interesting to see what is done with the St. Pat's Day choice!

We still have a week to send out. This is what's left on the list:

Craftie WILL SEND to Moonfire;

Smitties has sent to Annie;

C_davis will send to Gardenlove;

Gardenunusual WILL SEND to Flowergirl(Vina)

Moonfire WILL SEND to Shirley;

Vina has sent to C_davis who received;

Octennessee WILL SEND to Smitties

Corrine WILL SEND to Dmkelly.

If I ever get finished with house-related stuff, I want to get out and take some pictures, or, I could wait until tomorrow in the hopes that we get some "pretty" snow tonight!

Have a nice Sunday!
Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 20:23

o

Flowergirl - Vina, I just sent another email today. For some reason I have not received your address yet :( checked the spam folder and nothing. Please let me know as I have your package ready.

thanks again - T

o

Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 19:45

Well, didn't get out to take pics yesterday, and there was no appreciable snowfall this morning, but it is supposed to warm up this week, so it isn't all bad!

Hope everyone had a nice Monday, if there is such a thing! Mine was pretty uneventful.

One more week to mail out, let me know if there are any problems I can help with!

Shirley!

o

Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 19:43

Just checking in!

4-5 more days to finish the swap, hope everyone is getting ready to mail out.

A kinda warm day today, in the low 40s and supposedly in the low 50s by the weekend - YAY!

Talk to ya all later,
Shirley

o

I am headed to the post office tomorrow. Sorry Annie, I am usually better than this at getting my packages sent.

Will post DC afterwards, Margo

o

Morning!

Tanya, emailed you back. I often wonder where the emails go that get "lost". It seems to happen a lot to me when I go through the GW. Hope this one makes it.

Shirley, Garden_C rec'd her package from me. She sent me an email thanking me. I don't know if she'll post here?

Strangely busy today...long story short...I'm making 8 stuffed animal guinea pigs...yes, you read that correctly! :) HA HA!
Have a super day...off to get sewing ( a different kind of sewing, lol )
vina

ps. I was checking some craft sites the other day and came across this page called (OH! How I love this!!) A Found Garden! A man made an entire flower garden out of found things...He made stepping stones filled with everything he'd found from stones to old watches and even kids bubble wands. It was so colorful! Has anyone ever tried a Found Garden before? This is going to be my new bed this summer. Wish me LUCK! :)

o

Hmmmmm, stuffed guinea pigs. Sounds like that is a challenge. Will have to check out that Found garden info. I call it recycling which I love to do in the garden. It is fun to find a unique look with something that would end up in the landfill.

I finally did it. Annie's package is to arrive on Friday. Tracking - 9505 5101 5140 3086 3727 00

Margo

o

Margo, looking forward to it.

Vina, just looked up the craft site above....not finding it. More info!!! A Found Garden, so cool!!
Stuffed animal guinea pigs....what are you going to do with them?

Happy day to all!

Annie

o

Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 20:31

Evening All!

Vina, yes, what are you making the guinea pigs for?
Thanks for letting me know about Carol.

Margo, thanks for posting!

And here is an update:

Craftie WILL SEND to Moonfire;

Smitties has sent to Annie who received;

C_davis WILL SEND to Gardenlove who received;

Gardenunusual has sent to Flowergirl(Vina)

Moonfire WILL SEND to Shirley; was sending Saturday;

Octennessee WILL SEND to Smitties who received;

Corrine WILL SEND to Dmkelly

Please remember to post here when you mail out!
Have a great day tomorrow!
Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 19:19

o

Fri, Mar 29, 13 at 7:56

Good Morning, Everyone!

Just wanted to wish everybody a Happy Easter weekend with friends and family, just in case I don't get back on here before Monday! I think this is a busy time for all of us!

The deadline for mailing out the "Choices" is Sunday; hope to hear from everyone soon!

Please remember to post here when you mail out and when you receive, Thanks!

Have a great weekend!
Shirley!

o

My envelope has been sent to smitties (probably arriving today?) and I just wanted to thank everyone for participating in an awesome swap. I love getting mail and trinkets and just feeling connected to a community of sweet garden folks. I look forward to next month!

o

Got my package from c_davis (carolyn) yesterday. She send me 11 packets of seeds!

White Rose Champion
Pink Rose Champion
Pink Peony Poppy
Lemon Balm
Italian Striped Zucchini
Golden Zucchini
Bloody Butcher Tomato
Bonnies Best Tomato
Japanese Black Triefel Tomato
Marketmore 76 Cucumber
Rouge Den Hover Lettuce

Thank you Carolyn!

o

Those are wonderful seeds!

I grew Japanese Trifele a couple of seasons ago, they were prolific while being slightly neglected, tasty, and made a wonderful tomato sauce. They are shaped like pears, so cute on the vine. I had wished I saved seeds.

enjoy

o

Hi Vina,

I sent out your package today - confirm number 9114901075742387393281
which will be visible in a couple of days.

Happy Easter everyone!

o

Nothing arrived yet, perhaps tomorrow. I will post when it does arrive.

Annie's package says it is out for delivery. I hope you enjoy it Annie.

Margo

o

Hi ya'll...just a quick note to let ya'll know i'm still here and Shirley I'll be mailing yours out to you 1st thing in the morning...sorry i'm running late on it but things have been extra busy around here lately...hope all are having a good spring so far...it's finally warming up here some...wore shorts today for my daily walk :)

o

Fri, Mar 29, 13 at 20:51

Evening All!
Margo, Heather, Dianne, GU, and GL, thanks for posting!
My Spring is coming along real nice - this little guy came visiting today!
I'll post an update over the weekend,
Shirley!

o

Good Morning!

I dreamed a dream that I was sitting on top of a cocktail bar

Margo, I was sitting on top of my pub bar table late last night when I opened your package...LOL!

And now for the contents of my cocktail box.......

*a very nice note
*seeds...cosmos Psyche, cosmos sea shells, coneflower sombrero red, cosmos daydream
*seed baggies....actually pill pouch baggies.....I am with you Margo...perfect for seeds
*A clock.....to funny....tick toc...tick toc...the bar is ready to close!
*Several lime margarita mix packets
*bunny chocolate candy

What a fantastic box....Margo, you covered my dream perfectly!!!

Thanks so much!!!!

Annie

o

Received a card from Heather yesterday with a lovely note telling me a bit about herself. Heather, we love the Smoky Mountains and living in the flat lands of Ohio here, can only imagine living right near mountains. Must be fabulous.

In my card was a notepad to take notes from my gardening books. Clever. There was also a package of Sparaxis bulbs that unfortunately the post office seems to have flattened a bit. I am going to plant them with a positive attitude and give them tlc.

Thank you Heather and Happy Easter to all. Margo

o

Received a card from Heather yesterday with a lovely note telling me a bit about herself. Heather, we love the Smoky Mountains and living in the flat lands of Ohio here, can only imagine living right near mountains. Must be fabulous.

In my card was a notepad to take notes from my gardening books. Clever. There was also a package of Sparaxis bulbs that unfortunately the post office seems to have flattened a bit. I am going to plant them with a positive attitude and give them tlc.

Oh and Heather also included a drawing of herself and her bassett hound Darlene. Cute!!!

Thank you Heather and Happy Easter to all. Margo

o

Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 19:34

Hi Everyone, did you all have a nice Easter? Sure hope so! My company left earlier and it got very quiet here, very quickly! My Vinnie cat finally came out of the bedroom closet, where she hid all weekend. Tad bit anitsocial, that cat!

Gardenlove, 11 packs of seeds? How great is that!
Sounds like Margo and Annie got great envelopes too!

And here is the update I promised you!

Craftie has sent to Moonfire;

Smitties has sent to Annie who received;

C_davis has sent to Gardenlove who received;

Gardenunusual has sent to Flowergirl(Vina), who received;

Moonfire WILL SEND to Shirley who received

Octennessee has sent to Smitties who received;

Corrine has been in touch with Dawn

Please let me know if there are any mistakes on the list!
We're doing really well with this, just a few more folks to hear from.

Does anyone know who is doing the April MNF swap?

Well, off to "neaten up" the house and then get ready for Monday!
Talk to ya all tomorrow!
Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 21:10

o

Hi ya'll :) Hope all had a great Easter!! Mine was pretty nice...the weather was awesome!!! ...me and my girls cooked here at my house and my mom came over after church, then me and mom went to visit the church and cematary at my grandparents' graves ...on the way back home i stopped and got me several wildflowers (which my mom called weeds lol) that were so numerous it wouldn't hurt to grab a few...figured if i could help spread them up closer to our way they may catch on and then i can enjoy seeing them along our road ways...plan on planting them in a big pot together at 1st maybe ...they are in shades of purples, reds, and yellows...some of it is red clover...i have to look it up and see what the others are...then when i got back home my son colored eggs...lol yes i know it was a little late for us to be doing the eggs but we were all so busy we didn't get a chance before the actual day...Shirley I got your bubbly in the mail Saturday morning...I do have the confirmation # but it's in the van so I'll try to remember to bring it in when i go out again...Margie sent me an email that she was mailing hers out to me on Saturday also...i have so much to do between the house and the yard and the kids activities i don't know which to tackle 1st :) ...i got me some asian lilies for my birthday that i need to plant so i think i'm gonna do the yard 1st while it's nice outside and not too hot...also need to get my corn and beans in the ground and plant me some tomatoes and peppers...hhhmmm so much to do but so glad it's finally SPRING lol...anyways hope all are doing well and enjoying spring so far...talk to ya'll later --- Dianne

o

Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 12:12

I've been in email contact with my partner, Dawn getting to know her & offering tips for her wish... a garden without weeds! I sent her envie last week, but forgot to post that I sent it.

Anyone have experience removing bindweed? I've had just a bit of it that came in some daylily roots, so I can't say I've battled it. Just pulled it out as much as I saw, then when it twirled up again I pulled it each time I saw it last spring & summer. I don't see it again on my patrols.

Any tips would be appreciated because we have a huge amount of it in one location at camp. Someone covered the garden with a brown plastic tarp covered with bark thinking it would choke it; however, the bindweed is alive & well under it with thick white stems the last time I looked.

Is painting herbicide on to the stems the only way to go?

Corrine

o

Yes, Corrine and I have been e-mailing and she's given me lots of new websites and ideas. Next weekend, if it's not raining, I'm going to replace one of the old dilapidated raised beds with a cinder block bed. I like the idea in this climate of having a bed boarder that also works as a heat sink.

The envelope hasn't made it here yet, but that's ok. I think the universe gives us things when we need them, not when we want them, so the anticipation continues... like Christmas.

As I wandered around the yard this weekend, I saw so many areas that could use a few flowers or tomato plants or something. My sweet husband just shakes his head, follows and asks where to digs. We planted 14 trees and 8 grapes this last weekend.

Bindweed... one of the bains in my garden!!! The more you abuse it by pulling and covering, the more it likes it and says thank you by coming back stronger. I'll take some advice on this one too.

o

Is this swap still open?

o

Evening!!
I rec'd a late Easter Surprise today. Tanya's package arrived! :)

A beautiful card, some awesome Bells of Ireland Seeds ( I LOVE THESE!), and a super cool pocket sized green sharpie...little hands have already tried to claim this but I've put it in my garden box. ;) THANK YOU SO MUCH! What a wonderful surprise!!!

Oh Gosh! Totally forgot the Garden Gloves. Taylor has claimed these. They are perfect and she love, love, loves them! THANK YOU! :D

I'm getting to work on the Found Garden. I have 2 very large cardboard boxes that I'll be filling with my found things. The kids are getting right into this as well. Billy gave me some of his little dinosaurs to make dinosaur stepping stones...how cute!

GUINEA PIG Day was a HUGE success. My brownie troop used the computer lab and looked up facts about guinea pigs. We made a guinea pig care poster, and discovered guinea pig rescue organizations (I didn't even know they existed till now) And we found out that the guinea pigs like to sleep with stuffed animals, it makes them feel safe and more calm in new surroundings. So my girls made 16 stuffed guinea pigs. The girls each kept 1 and the rest got mailed to a guinea pig rescue in the state. :) I have a picture of a few of them that I'll post later. I made the pattern and sowed most of the stuffed animal. The girls then inverted them, stuffed them, sowed them close and did the faces and ears. Not too shabby for 8 and 9 year olds. We also had guinea pig snacks. Carrot sticks, celery, spinach, bananas, peaches, and even some pineapple. We were full little piggies when we finished.

This week is spring break for the girls. So later in the week I'm taking them camping! I must have lost what little brains I had left, lol. Camping in 40-50 degree weather. We'll be in a building, thank goodness. And we'll def. have a fire. Can't wait to do some hiking :)

Hope everyone had a super Easter!!
Talk to you later.
vina

o

Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 21:32

Evening Everyone!
First of All, Zackey, yes, this swap is closed, in fact it's almost over!
Vina and I both received our packages today,
Craftie/Margie has sent to Moonfire/Diane, and
Corrine and Dawn are in touch with one another.
As soon as they post that they have received, the swap will be over!

Vina, what a nice Easter surprise! And I love the
guinea pig theme for your troop! What a great thing to do! I have never heard of guinea pig rescue organizations either!

And Diane, your package was great, reminded me that I really love Ireland, yeah, all year long! Diane sent a package of Irish buttons, which I'm going to save and share with Tabs and Myrna next year; a Woman's World magazine with St. Patrick Day crafts (love the fingernail paintings of shamrocks!); a green bandana with shamrocks all over it; a card with the "original" Irish blessing on it and some hand cream/therapy. Also a nice handwritten note! This was a great package, Diane, you fulfilled my choice quite nicely! Thank you!

Oh shoot, she also sent Alpine strawberry seeds, which I may pass on to my brother, who does good with them, while I do not! He will love them!

And thanks to those of you who posted pictures, really brings my spirits up!

Margie, Diane, Corrine, and Dawn, please post here when you send and or receive!

And, Ellie has posted the April MNF swap, check it out! Sounds like a good one!

Talk to ya all tomorrow!
Shirley!

o

Smitties - I am SO sorry that the tiny bulbs got beat in the mail. I had worried about it but I truly thought they would make it. Ugh. Regardless, glad you received it! Happy Easter!

o

Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 20:58

Just checking in, I hope everyone had a nice day. It is still so cold here! Bright and Sunny, but very cold.
Have a great Wednesday!
Shirley!

o

Same here Shirley as far as weather goes. It is so deceptive with the sun shining but the wind keeps it so cold. I am heading to Columbus Saturday to join in a 5k. It is a glo run in that it is run at night starting at 8:30 and we are given glow in the dark necklace, bracelet, and glasses along with a white tshirt. Along the route, we will be running through tunnels with black lights. It sounds like fun but when I signed up, I figured it would be a bit warmer. I also came down with cold yesterday that I hope doesn't hinder my progress. It is supposed to be a high of 60 with a low of 50 so that should help. I tend to jog/walk as I do not have the stamina to jog the whole way. It is just for the fun of it anyway.

Heather, no worries. It is always a learning process when it comes to shipping things. Probably best to use padded envelopes in any shipment of seeds or bulbs just to be on the safe side. I think a couple will be able to be planted but I will try them all.

Time to hit the couch with my trustee blanket. Good night all. Margo

o

Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 13:54

To clarify I sent the envie last week, so should get to Dawn any day now.

Corrine

o

I sent moonfire her package she should be getting it soon.

margie

o

Evening!
Uploading some photos from my camera :)

I love pictures! When we were having our camp training we had to have bear training. First thing they said was, "Don't take our your camera and shoot pictures." LOLOL! The whole room looked at ME :D

Anyhoo...here are some stuffed guinea pigs. The ones we mailed to the rescue had thread eyes. We were afraid the piggies would chew on them. These were for the girls :)

Guinea Pig Day...

o

I knew my envelope would get here when I needed it most. Today was my first day back after spring break and seeing a cute card and some fun seeds waiting for me was just what I needed! Thank you Corrine! I'm excited to start them!

o

Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 22:02

People do the same thing to me, Vina. Come on, who doesn't go out without their camera, I mean, really!

Corrine and Craftie, thanks for posting!
Dawn, glad your package arrived and that you are enjoying it. I'm glad you and Corrine were in "correspondence" about the swap, that was great!

As soon as we hear from Diane, we can officially close this swap! Have you all checked out Ellie's April MNF swap? You should!

Shirley!

o

Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 21:48

Hi Everyone, just checking in.
Hope to hear from Moonfire soon!
Shirley!

o

So nice reading everyone's posts - Vina I am so glad you enjoy!

Snow is finally melting, I am anxious to plant peas and sweet peas when it does. Rain for the next couple of days which is fine with me!

Glad everyone had a beautiful Easter!

o

Mon, Apr 8, 13 at 21:30

Just checking in again, folks!

GU, I'm excited to start my sweet peas too! I bought some rather expensive, for me, seeds and I'm going to plant them in large pots and let them trail their way up a cut down tomato cage. Can hardly wait to see what it will look like!

I'll probably check in tomorrow,
have a great Tuesday!
Shirley!

o

Hey ya'll :) Sorry I haven't posted sooner!! I've been extremely busy lately and haven't been on the net much ...

I did get my package from Margie!!! :))))) and I LOVE it...Margie sent me some note cards that have dragonflies on them, some cute butterfly clips...i think they are like paperclips of some kind but i think i'm gonna clip them to my curtains and my plant pots!!!...some small seed starter pots, and an egg plant...BUT it's not the typical egg plant lol...it's a ceramic egg and you crack the top and water it and out grows a SNAPDRAGON lol...and i so love snapdragons :))...there was also 2 butterfinger eggs which i've eaten already and a cute card

THANKS so much Margie....it couldn't have been a better selection for me :)

Happy Spring ya'll...it's finally nice weather here!

o

Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 7:51

Sorry for the late post!

Dianne, sounds like a great package, especially the clips! Thanks for posting!

And that finishes the swap, ladies, many thanks to everyone who joined in, hope you all had fun!

Have a great day!
Shirley!

o

Shirley,

Thanks for another fun and creative swap.

Happy weekend!

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here