No Housework Day - April 7th
April 8th- Passover begins at Sundown
Easter- April 12th
Earth Day- April 22nd
Arbor Day- April 24th
Hug a Friend Day- April 26th
Beltaine- April 30th

The daisy and the sweet pea are the month's traditional flowers

April is a month that is brimming with all sorts of special days! This month were going to celebrate those days. While these are not the only special days or weeks or themes that April has, I thought Id mention a few that encompass faith, friendship, gardening and children. So, whatever your hearts desire to include- Easter goodies, Stress relief, garden decorations, frogs and fairies (Beltaine being a time to see the fairies as well as the hand-fasting between the Lord and Lady), fun things to do rather than clean house, something to celebrate Earth or Arbor Days, something to make a friend feel special for Hug a Friend Day, or things to share our gardens with a child. All are wonderful ideas for this swap! (And Im sure Mark and Dan will take care of several pranks for April Fools Day!, but you can include some in your box as well!)

THE RULES
#1 You have to be 18
#2 You are to send 5 or more seed packets (plants, cuttings, spring bulbs, etc are welcome too! Just make sure there are 5 different items), 2 goodies for your partner that speak to at least one of the special days listed, and a note to your partner telling them more about yourself!
#3 Sign up's are until the 5th at midnight (April 5 midnight ET) and then partners will be assigned the next morning after I get up and moving (April 6).
#4. The boxes are to be mailed out by April 20th This should give time to put together the box and hopefully have them all received by the end of the month. If you will be mailing late, for ANY reason, please either post here or contact your partner AND me privately by email. This way the at least the three of us are in the loop and know what's going on :)
#5. The confirmation number is to be posted or sent to your partner (people like to know when it's arriving)
#6 You have to share what youve received by posting your boxs contents for us all to Ohhh and Ahhh over!
#7 Remember to post a review for your sender in the Rate and Review Forum!
#8. This is all about fun and friendship! Have a good time with it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: mnf: april fools swap! - sign ups

Sign me up, Kat!
I'm particularly interested in the NO HOUSE WORK day! LOL!

Housework Pictures, Images and Photos

housework Pictures, Images and Photos

o

If I am welcome here I would like to join.

o

So, would acting like a young child all the time mean that the 3rd week of April is all about me? Huh? Does it? Are we there yet? I need a drink of water! I don't want to go to bed! Can I have one more??? Puuuulllleeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz???
young dragon boy Pictures, Images and Photos
-Dan, otherwise known as the Devil in Disguise

I'M IN!!!

o

Oh please please please can I join? PRETTY PLEASE!!!! I know I am not 18 (in 3 monthes and 3 days I will be 15!!!!) BUT can I still join? <(^_^)>

Kamil

o

I'm in! I'm in! "jumping up and down on the couch"...

o

I would like to join in on all the fun as well! This looks like alot of fun!

Carrie

o

MNF swaps are always alot of fun!..as long as we can keep Dan out of the brownies...

o

I'd like to join!

I've been lurking for quite a while now. I love to Make New Friends (and I'm all for No Housework Day - will have to mark that on the calendar!)

~ Tracy

o

did someone say brownies? where???

o

Hi,
I would like to be in on this swap. Sounds like alot of fun:)
Denise

o

Everyone is welcome and Kamil, you are a member of MNF and have participated in several swaps, so we tend to waive that particular rule for you :) We also know that your parents are aware of the communications between the adult members here and are keeping an eye on it and are in approval of you participating. That makes a big difference and the possibility of something bad occurring is why we use that rule as well as maturity level and a sense of responsibility. Both of which Kamil has already amply displayed. So, to be honest, I don't believe we really need to consider that 'standard' rule as applying to Kamil.

As far as everyone else, you're more than welcome and I will start compiling a list. Only had a moment to drop in and wanted to use that to clear up any question about Kamil being able to join.

All newbies are welcome! The others will make you feel at home while I go take care of some things. Please, tell us about yourself so we can all get to know you!

Kathy

o

I would like to participate. So far, I havent had any response to anything I have tried to participate in on here! Can you see me???? Can I join???? Would love to!!

o

I would love to join also?
Thank you
Cindy

o

O.k. let me join here, pleaseeeee :) Starting over due to loss of 90% plus of plants due to Nasty Old Ike. This sounds like fun...no housework and Irish Princess Holiday in one Month, too much fun!!

o

I would like to join in on the fun. I am a previous member on another gardening site with a high feedback so no worry about me fulfilling my obligation.

I have actually been a member of Gardenweb for many years but never did much exploring. I did not realize there were areas where we did exchanges and where I could get to know fellow gardening friends.

Thanks.

o

Count me in too!

Deb

o

Hi Guys!!

I would love to join! Since april is also my birthday, now I have even more excuses to celebrate all month long, specially the no housework day :)

o

"waving to treegirl"..Hi! we see you...welcome and have a brownie!

Also welcome to cindy, fairyoak and smitties!.."passing around cups of tea and brownies"...

o

Hi everybody !! I would love to join ;-)

~Iris

o

April is my birthday month also..I will celebrate with you mommyto2!

Mary

o

Lurking Lurking... I will let you know closer to the date as I have a lot going on. If I feel it letting up closer to the swap date I will be in, but I will let you know. I do not want someones box to not be the best because I had too much going on but I am definately in on the chatting...

Glad Kamil could join as he has a ton of great stuff to offer;-)

Dan you behave yourself on this one- especially if there are a lot of newbies we don't want them getting the wrong idea - hehehe BTW - hows your halloween garden coming along...

HAPPY Birthday - prayrock and mommyto2.

No house work day.... that don't sound right...... I think it should be no house work month. :-) Of course I wouldn't want to see the house after that month LOL

Tammy;-)

o

Hi,
I have my birthday in April as well and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to swap plants.

o

I wanna join, pass one of dan's brownies please linda forgets the oregano but her punch is quite tasty so I'll have some of it also please. finally mailed Tammy's box. hope she likes it. parks also notified me that her seeds are on the way. dan your not fooling me I know you play bad boy but are really an angel. happy planting
carol

o

I received more seeds from T & M today (hoping this is my last order, but doubtful!), and got seeds for black-leafed geraniums! If you want to order some, they're catalog number 7698, and they're called the black velvet series. When I say a picture of them, I knew I needed them for my halloween garden! Here's a picture of what they'll look like I found on photobucket...
Photobucket

And, before I go, just let me say "WELCOME!" to all the new folks! We're always happy to see new blood in the group! Have a brownie, get some punch from Linda, sit down, and tell us all about yourselves! We "oldtimers" will do the same...

Dan

o

Wow! What a response! LOL! I woke up expecting to see a few more than last night, but WOW!!

Alright, so here's the official list, so far!

Melissa (hazelnutbunny)
Mary (prayerrock)
Dan (dan_the_mailman)
Kamil (kamiljablo)
Linda (lindaruzicka)
Carrie (barefoot_contessa)
Tracy (joy_unspeakable)
Denise (antiqueorchid)
treegirl48
Cindy (cjcjmass)
fairyoak
smitties
Deb (debbya)
mommyto2
Iris (rane_grow)
Carol (veeja11)

For those of you that I don't have a first name for, please sign it on your posts, it makes it much easier for me to keep track of everyone- especially with some of the medications they have me on! :oP

I've noticed that a couple of our newbies do NOT have a trade or wants list up yet. It would be a good idea to at least list several wants. That way your partner knows what kinds of things you're interested in! I know that some of the things I never, ever thought I would get are growing in my beds right now because one of my swap partners saw it on my wants list. So even if it's things you don't really expect to receive- I use mine as a dream and drool list!- put it on there! You never know who might have it and not mind sharing a few seeds or a cutting!

Newbies, I'll be emailing you in the next couple of days with some info about participating in a round robin for you as well as requesting some information such as your name, mailing address and zone. I will make sure that your partner, after they are assigned, receive this compiled info.

Alright, official business taken care of for the moment, someone pass those brownies and is there any brandy to go with regular tea? It's BRRRRRRRR here and we're expecting 1-6 inches of snow tomorrow and Saturday, if you can believe! I'm telling you, Oklahoma weather is nuts! I'm really glad that I haven't put out anything but my cole crops.. they'll probably either freeze or bolt when it warms up after the thaw, but I have extra seedlings for my broccoli and everything else is quickly regrown from seed. I don't put much into the ground as far as spring stuff until the week after Easter anyway- we always have a freeze that weekend.

So, most of my seedlings are still tucked up safe in the house and not even due to begin hardening until after next week. I'm hoping the tulips, daffs, crocus, and everything else that's peeking up will be alright!

Off to get ready to go to my Orthopedic appointment. I'll check again for more sign-ups when I get back :)

Kathy

o

Sorry about the no name Kathy :)
My name is Monica and I'm a plant addict.... oh sorry, wrong thread :o)

Happy birthday prayerrock (Mary) and antiqueorchid!!

Thanks tammy for the happy birthday!!

I have to get all of my wants list together. I have so many of them and they're all over the house. It's how I keep my sanity intact, by putting together wish lists :)

Monica

o

Hi!
I would like to join! This sounds like a LOT of fun!
~Tonya

o

Wow, April is a busy birthday month! 2 of my kids have b-days this month, too. (the 10th & 28th)
We are going to have to bring out the streamers, noise makers & LOTS of cake for this swap! :O)

o

WOW! LOTS of new folks joining up! :) Welcome everyone!

I am particularly fond of the NO HOUSEWORK day as well, especially so as it's the day before my bday. (FINALLY I HAVE AN EXCUSE!! LOL)

I was gonna lay low in April.. But I simply cannot resist! :P

Count me in Kathy!! :)

Hugs everyone!
~Wendy

o

List update:

Melissa (hazelnutbunny)
Mary (prayerrock)
Dan (dan_the_mailman)
Kamil (kamiljablo)
Linda (lindaruzicka)
Tracy (joy_unspeakable)
Denise (antiqueorchid)
treegirl48
Cindy (cjcjmass)
fairyoak
smitties
Deb (debbya)
Monica (mommyto2)
Iris (rane_grow)
Carol (veeja11)
Tonya(tootsiepop254)

Lurking and waiting to decide:
Tammy (greenthumbgrow)

Sooo... back from the Orthopedist... I was offered two choices.. we could do the final 'less invasive' method to give me some relief with my back- spinal injections of cortisone steroids- which could be given in once per month, a month or so apart 3-4 times in a year and each would make me feel better for a little while...

Or, I could go ahead and have them set up an appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon to get the surgery set up.

This was a really difficult decision for me, as some of you that are close to me know. But, it came down to that the injections are placed directly into my back, between the vertebra with the aid of an imaging machine, is very painful, takes a lot of time laying flat on my stomach (something very difficult and painful for me right now), the shots give relief, yes, for about a month and then the pain crashes back down hard... and did I mention this is a NEEDLE going DIRECTLY into my SPINE? So, a sneeze without warning and my fears really could be a direct reality- I could be paralyzed.

It still wasn't easy, even knowing the above about the injections. But, the surgery has come a long way, there is a greater chance of me being able to get back to a normal life after 24 years, and do so without pain or minimal pain that can probably be managed without medications. And the Orthopedist felt that in about a month's time after the spinal fusion surgery I would be feeling much better and well on my way back to resuming all of my normal activities as well as perhaps being able to do things I've not been able to do for years.

But, to be honest, the deciding factor was that he told us that I would eventually have to have this surgery and that the longer I wait, the worse the damage to the rest of my spine, the worse problems I will have and the worse problems that will be spawned form this core issue. Right now I'm young, only 39. I have a good chance of this healing very strong and much less issues in the future as well as the diminished recovery time after the surgery. The longer I wait, the lower the chance of success, the more problems with this area, and the greater the spawn problems and more recovery time for just healing, much less resuming life.

So, they're setting up the appointments. And I have an appointment on the other, related issue, as well, for those who know about the addendum to the need for the spinal fusion surgery that both of my doctors and my physical therapist all strongly agree is medically necessary. That appointment is on April 10th, so I should know something on that pretty soon after that date.

So, that's the short version of the update. If anyone's interested in the rest, just drop me an email. And I would like to request lots of prayers during this time. The thought of having the spinal fusion surgery scares me to pieces, so added peace and strength would be wonderful :)

Kathy

o

Melissa you child shares the same bday as me the 28th! Tell your babys I said happy birthday and Gods riches blessings on them...both of them:)

Mary

o

Kathy,
prayers are winging your way!

o

Kathy,

I am so sorry you must go though that. I will definately add you to my pray list. I had a spinal tap 17 years ago when I was 11 years old. I have two kids and I can honestly say childbirth was easy compared to that. It was the most painful experience of my life so I do understand the "needles in the back scared to death part of you" My back still swells up slightly when it rains because of the spinal tapp.

Tammy

o

Since April 1st is my anniversary count me in on this one......

Jaime

o

Bunny I know what you mean about bdays.. I am getting bombarded with them! There's mine, my brother's is the 10th, my oldest son's is the 23rd and his fiancee's is the 28th... then my daughter and my grandmother's are in May. *WHEW!

Kathy my son had a spinal fusion so if you want some info from my perspective on seeing him deal w/ all that, send me an email, ok? I'll be happy to gab about it thru there. **HUGS**

~Wendy

o

Bump

Kathy,
Dan says you're scared right now, so I thought I'd send you a hug and sing to you. Are you ready? Here we go...

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you don't let show

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Lean on me...

Remember, we love you...
-Bump

o

Ok, here is a pic of one of the possible girlfriends I found for bump will post my second find later. nice song Bump. Kathy you are in my prayers. big gentle hugs for you. here ya go bumpPhotobucket

o

I said I wasn't going to do much in April since March was so busy but I can't resist... especially with Kathy hosting - so count me in!
Kathy, I have been praying for you. Please keep us posted about the surgery. I'm hoping for painfree days ahead for you:)
Nik

o

Finally! My holiday!!! April Fools!!!!

Sign me up.

Mark Case

o

Kathy hon, I am truly sorry it has come time to do this surgery. HOWEVER, I know it will be a big benefit for you in the long run and in the end you will feel loads better and will be able to do things you couldn't before.
Know you have the support of all of us and if we could be there for you through it all we would, but we are most assuredly HERE for you so don't lose site of the fact that so many of us are here uplifting you in spirit!
We are here and you can email anyone of us anytime you need a positive thought before this surgery happens! Keep us posted on the status!

(I know I said I was going to bed 3 and 1/2 hours ago, no I can not sleep! Uncle Arthur is playing tennis in my knee, or playing something he is having fun I on the other hand am not!
I will be going to bed shortly when I think I can actually sleep!)

Please put me on the thinking about it list Kathy...thanks!

:) Fran

o

Hi, my name is Mary. I would really like to join in this. I have only looked a little on this site and have not done much trades here, but have done lots on other sites. I lost a lot of plants in the freeze this year in Florida. but still have lots to trade. I am always leary about these trades coz sometimes you get a nice box and sometimes you get dollar store items. I have always spent a lot of effert and money on my box of goodies.

o

Thank you for the birthday wishes monica. Happy B-day to you as well. My little sister has a b-day on april 1st my fathers is on the 17th, mine is the 25th and my daughter is about to have her 2nd birthday on the 27th. I kinda have a large family so there is like a birthday every other week during the summer. My husband calls it the birthday marathon. LOL:)
Denise

o

Oh, Kat...You know we're all here for you. Whatever you need, we'll help. Prayers- those are a given! Hugs- OF COURSE! As many as you want & need! Silly Songs by Bump? Who could ask for more?!
Seriously, darlin'...you know how much you are loved. We're all here for you.
Even if Dan has to wake Bump up at 3am for a rousing edition of "That's what friends are for"...You know he'll do that for you. :O)
And you KNOW you can call me any time, day or night. My phone's always on!
Tons of HUGS & SQUISHES & LOVE for you!

o

Melissa (hazelnutbunny)
Mary (prayerrock)
Dan (dan_the_mailman)
Kamil (kamiljablo)
Linda (lindaruzicka)
Tracy (joy_unspeakable)
Denise (antiqueorchid)
treegirl48
Cindy (cjcjmass)
fairyoak
smitties
Deb (debbya)
Monica (mommyto2)
Iris (rane_grow)
Carol (veeja11)
Tonya(tootsiepop254)
Joan (ejmoore)
Jamie (ashcraftbunch)
Nikki (nikkineel)
Mark (markcase1964)
Mary (maryataylor_2008)

Tammy (greenthumbgrow)
Fran (ncgardengirl)

If I've missed anyone, please let me know!! We already have 22 people signed up for this swap, plus our two 'wait and see's'! How exciting!!!!

Thank you all so much for the prayers and good wishes. The power of prayer and positive energy is awesome and very appreciated! I am rather frightened, mainly because for so many years having surgery would not give me a good chance at a better quality of life. In my view, it was better to live with the pain than it was to take the (then) very real chance of returning to a wheelchair permanently. At least with the pain, I was still mobile and could still do some of the things I wanted to do. Though I know there are many things that can be done from a wheelchair, including gardening, I wanted to be on my own two feet for as long as possible. I don't think it's being ugly to say that many who are in a wheelchair did not choose to be there, and that's what I would have been doing back then, consciously choosing to be in a wheelchair.

So, though I still am dealing with that old fear, I am committed to this course of action and am working on the positives possible. I feel in my heart that the time has come for me to do this, it's just the head that's still having some problems :) So all the prayers and positive thoughts are very helpful.

Bump, thank you for the song and it's really wonderful to know I have so many friends here I can lean on :) Fran, I do know that I can contact any of my Garden Buddies and have a shoulder, and that is an amazing thing!

Wendy, I will take you up on that offer! It will be good to have someone else, besides just the surgeon, to tell me what I can expect. I've been talking with a few other people who have had this done, but having many impressions of the surgery and recovery is very valuable, it will give me a realistic picture of what I can expect and plan for.

Nikki, somehow I knew you would turn up! LOL, didn't I host in April last year too? That would make you a year old as a RR swapper! And a year old with MNF as well!

Welcome to all our newbies! I'm going to wait another day or two before I send a note to all our newbies with some info about RR swaps. That way I can do a large mailing at one time. Then everyone will have the same info.

Mary, I cannot promise that you will get a high dollar box, though I'm sure you will get one packed with thought and effort. We try to keep costs low on these boxes, because not everyone can afford, especially in these economic times, to send a high dollar box. I will not try to make that promise, nor will I require someone to spend more than they feel they can afford to craft a high dollar box for someone. Now, that said, I would consider that the boxes I've received through this group in the past year to have been wonderfully thoughtful, innovative, filled with creativity, thoughtfulness, and consideration. I have yet to receive anything I would consider as inferior or not worth the box that I sent out, regardless of how much or little I spent. If this is going to be a problem, then you might want to reconsider. Please let me know, or you are welcome to contact me privately via email.

And finally, Happy Birthday and Anniversary to all our April birthdays and wedding anniversaries as well as the membership anniversaries and MNF anniversaries!!

Kathy

o

Hi I would like to join if I may it sounds like fun!
Kim

o

Hello and welcome to all the newbies! We always have a great time with these swaps so pull up a chair, have a cup of tea, a brownie and tell us a little about yourselves..."pouring out tea with a dollop of bailey's and passing around the brownies"..."S"

o

Ok, I just pulled a batch of Ooey Gooey butter bars out of the oven just in case you run out of brownies :) Now, a bit of an introduction. My name is Margo and I am 52 years young. I am the mother of 3 boys and 2 girls, the oldest will be getting married in June and I can't wait.

I found Gardenweb almost 8 years ago and did my first trade. Since then, I have traded with people from all but 2 states as well as Puerto Rico. I am a long time member of another gardening site too.

Kathy, I am sorry to hear what you have been going through. I had spells of backpain many years ago and I remember well how awful it was. Fortunately, I was fixed up by a chiropractor and not everyone can find that to be a fix. I know that the prospect of surgery seems frightening but concentrate on the positive sides of the issue. Medicine and surgery has come a long way and with the internet, I bet you could find a site where you can get some support from others who have faced the same challenges. My prayers are with you through this.

I have done many, many package exchanges through my other group and I can tell you, I have never been disappointed. I know not everyone has the money to run out and buy big ticket items, (the cost of shipping has gone up so much, it is a big chunk of the cost of the fun), but I know they would like to have fun just as much as I do. Knowing someone you have never met has gone out with you in mind and found something for my garden or house, always makes me feel good about the exchange. Some of the homemade things have been awesome as well.

Thanks for including me and since I have discovered that there is so much more than just seed exchanges here, I have been having fun getting to know members.

I am off for the weekend to my son and future daughter in laws wedding shower. It is turning into a "girls" weekend so plan on having a good time. I take whatever butter bars are left. LOL

o

ohh Smitties!! You are EVIL talkin' about ooey gooey bars like that when I'm so hungry!! arrgghhh!!!!!!!!!! :P

*off to take umm... let me count... 6 kids to the movies! (pray for me??) lol

Hugs everyone!
~Wendy

o

Wendy~ *Only* 6 kids?? I have just one thing to say.....

AMATEUR!!!

LOL!

o

Okay bump choice number 2 which will it be ?Photobucket pass a brownie please and a glass of linda tea. can't wait to start swapping
carol

o

Darn - have to pass on this one... but you all have fun!
Marie

o

Hey everybody! I thought I would introduce myself while I have a few minutes of peace and quiet :)

I'm Tracy and I live in the piedmont of North Carolina. I have two wild children, ages 7 and 3, and my husband and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage in May. Before I had kids I was a full time Paramedic and an EMS instructor. Now technically I'm a stay-at-home Mom, but I teach emergency medical classes in the evening and Anatomy & Physiology at a local community college.

I grew up on a farm, so I have been around gardening all of my life. I remember my grandmother working in her gardens (plural) and flower beds from sun up to sun down, only going inside to cook meals. One year, when I was around 12, my grandfather and I grew a 4-H garden. It was huge! I remember we had eight LONG rows of green beans. That garden won a blue ribbon, but I swore I would never have my own garden. Now I live in the house that my grandparents built and work the same piece of land. Oh if I could only have a garden half as good as that 4-H garden!

I enjoy gardening. We live on six acres and have a little less than an acre plowed for planting this year - which might be a little ambitious. I found the Harvest forum last year, which helped me to start canning - then I discovered the seed exchange, and I'm going to need an acre or two to try all these new seeds. I'm mainly a veggie gardener. I haven't tried my hand at a true flower bed, I think I'm afraid I'll enjoy it too much!

Other that gardening and canning, I enjoy spending time with my family and my church. And I like to scrapbook when I can find the time (which is not often).

I look forward to this swap and to 'meeting' all of you. After all of that typing I think I'll have a brownie - I hear they're pretty 'relaxing' - and I'll have a gooey bar too!

Thanks for letting me join the fun.

~ Tracy

o

Okay pass me 2 brownie please a jug of linda's special tea :).The weather here in GA is making me sleepy. Today I purchased a rain barrel :).
They are still talking about water restriction again this summer so hubbie went out today and purchased one for me...hurrrah. Last year could not stay in the sun very long because of radiation treatment but this summer i'm making up for lost time. Hope all is well with everyone
Cindy

o

Couldn't sleep last night and thought of you Kathy. So prayers were coming your way in the middle of the night. I find thats the best time to pray anyway-not as much destraction from kids running around and DH yellin for me. I just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts.

I really want to do the swap but I am still in waiting only because I have sooo much going on. I am hoping some of it slows down enough that I feel up to it.

Hugs everyone

-Tammy

o

Carol, I can't have a girlfriend. Dan says no, just a little sister. And, I'm broken, have been for about a year now. Thanks for thinking of me though. -Bump
Bump

o

"I'm broken" Is that a nice way of saying he's neutered Dan?

I'm still debating on this one.

o

"getting out my rope to start dragging in all the lurkers and undecided"..you know who you are..don't make me come after you!.."putting on extra thick gooey chocolate icing on the brownies and cracking open another bottle of Bailey's"

o

Happy Spring, GW swappers! I've been lurking the swap threads for a while, and I'm finally ready to give it a try. Will you have me?

~CA

o

yep, it's my way of saying he's been neutered. most people would say he's been "fixed", but since stuff was removed and he can't reproduce anymore, I don't think "fixed" is the right term.

Linda, first you were beating people, and now you're going to use ropes on them? Hmmm, I didn't know this was that kind of site! But, if it is, I'm in! hehehe Get out of those bushes girl!

***smacking my lips as I eye that extra thick gooey chocolate icing on the brownies***

o

Hi CA! welcome and tell us a little about yourself..."untying rope from ankle"..see Dan, it works!

o

Thanks for letting me join!

I'm CA (I have long name, so everyone just uses my initials). One of my earliest memories is of sitting in the garden eating peas.... At a young age, my parents taught me how to pick pea pods and get the peas out. Then they would sit me in the pea patch to stuff myself while they worked in the yard. I still love peas, but I've not had much luck growing them here in Virginia - spring and fall are too short! I'm trying again, but I started late, so I saw my first sprouts yesterday!

I moved to this house a couple of years ago. The yard was very overgrown, so I've slowly been clearing it out an reviving the old garden beds. The first year, I found a brick patio that had been hiding under lots of ivy. It needs to be reworked, but that is low on my priority list. Ivy removal is an ongoing effort...at my current rate of progress, I've got another 6 years of it.

Neighbors and passers-by stop to chat while I'm out working. They all tell me how nice the gardens were back in the day. No pressure there!

I have one vegetable bed - increasing to two this year. Cucumbers, zucchini, tomoatoes, peppers. Expanding to string beans, cantelope, and some others this year.

Last year I started a native garden bed. Mostly asters (so pretty in autumn), butterfly weed (I love orange!), goldenrod, coreopsis. Some Baptisia, Aquilegia, Boltonia, and Sedum. Unfortunately, I didn't get all of the Star of Bethlehem removed, so right now the area is covered in that. It is so dense I can't tell what of my plantings has survived the winter!

I'm starting a small herb garden. There was one before, but it was overrun with mint. Dug all that out last year and transplanted daylilies there. Have a new spot for the herb garden near the kitchen door (where an herb garden should be). So far just rosemary (was there already), oregano, and thyme. The rosemary is old and big - big enough that in the winter I don't even have to go outside - just open the window and snip what I need!

I want berries, and I've found a spot on the other side of the yard where I think I can put them. I have dreams of taking down some of the as-yet-unidentified trees over there and replacing with fruit trees - a small orchard! But that won't happen anytime soon, I'm sure.

My front yard is sad-looking. I have no interest in lawn care, and it shows. I need to revitalize the foundation plantings (right now there's nandina, shrubby evergreens, and a rose, and a lot of bare space), but I'm less excited by that. The one time my front yard looks good is RIGHT NOW, because I have hundreds of daffodils blooming.

So much I want to do, and so little free time! In good weather I'm torn between two loves: digging in the dirt and paddling my kayak.

OK, that's probably more than you wanted. I'm not normally this wordy, I promise. I'm looking forward to my first swap!

~CA

o

that's okay Ca,,we like wordy..."L"

o

sheesh i leave for a couple days and you all go nuts here..lol I have to catch up now:)

PR

o

we're sneaky like that...we just do a little chatter to lull you in and then WHAM!...non stop posting....LOL

o

well, it's no fun if you can get out of it. and that's all I'm saying on THAT subject... hehehe

o

lol..its not hard to keep one interested ya all are just as goofy as I am...I have really enjoyed reading here and am starting to feel little more comfortable..thanks for making me feel so welcome.

PR

o

I want to play this swap!!!!

Linda, how many bottles of Bailey's do you go through a week? I'll bet you buy it by the case(s) just like I buy wine..........I am currently enjoying a very smooth Merlot...Delicious!! How is the weather in PA?? Shorts and a tattered tank today for me in Southern California....devine!!

Have a great weekend!

Annie

o

Annie..this bunch goes through Bailey's like crazy.."stacking up another bottle for the yard junk collectors"..the weather in PA?..well..right now it's raining, it's calling for sleet and snow tonight. I'm glad I winter sowed some more jugs yesterday. Today I'll cut up some more and get them ready for the next round..I'm thinking herbs..."pondering".

I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable, PR..c'mon over and sit down on the porch swing..the veranda is freshly cleaned off..."shaking out rug and wiping off table"..

o

Somebody push Annie in the pool, would ya?

Really, Annie....bragging about your "shorts" weather, while SOME of us are shivering our fluffy tails off, wearing 3 layers PLUS a Mr. Rogers sweater! (it's a white one today), while gulping steaming hot cocoa.
Gosh.

The nerve. :P

o

Forget pushing Annie into the pool! I'm throwing snowballs at her! Care to join me? Let's get'er!!!

Hey Annie, this one's for you!!! LOL!!!
Snowball Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Yay! Snowball fight!
Watch out, mine may have chunks of ice in them.....we don't get that PURE snow here! :P

snowball fight Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Miss Bunny, I do not need to be pushed in to the pool, as I have already enjoyed my morning dip...we do not heat our pool either......so refreshing! The palm trees are swaying briskly...I am savoring the sweet jasmine scent that fills the morning air and this spicy, hot Bloody Mary Mama is well to die for....the poppies are in bloom...The Germans are swimming and playing football.....and the snails are all over the place attempting to devour my WS babies....LOL!! And Daniel, you missed me with that snowball. Possibly Bump might have a better aim!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to go play in the garden....

Happy Sunday!!

Annie

o

hehehe...what Annie doesn't know is that Bump and Stella are stalking her in her garden, and both have lots of snowballs. Bump plans on putting at least one down her back... gives me the shivers to think about it.

meanwhile, I've got the whole town to hook up enough fans to blow all this bad weather towards Pennsylvania...

o

Hi everyone ! Taking a break from planting more seeds and washing the car to come inside for a little snack ... I am wearing short sleeves .. woo hoo ...the sun is warm, the breeze is brisk but feels good ...hope it holds out long enough to grill dinner outside ...

...tomorrow morning is supposed to be 39 and chilly ... go figure... Annie, could you send some of that warm California sunshine this way ?
hope everyone is enjoying their sunday ;-)

~Iris

o

Hmmm.....How 'bout a nice juicy worm in your wine, Annie? :P

LOL!

o

We got a nice heavy rain most of the day Saturday and 2-3 inches of snow Saturday night. It was gone by noon today. Just what my WS babies needed to urge them on.

You can keep your warm weather for awhile. I am enjoying my Spring.
Photobucket

o

Hi everyone. I have been watching, reading, laughing and enjoying your posts. I would like to play in this one, too. It will be fun to see what we get, along with more seeds/plant. If someone would prefer a few plant starts, I can send that instead of seeds. I would like to be paired up with someone who maybe would like to send me a few plants, too. If not seeds are ok, too. I am just begining to run out of room while all my new babies get going. I have really learned alot from all of the forums here, esp. winter sowing, which is way cool. I did not plant many just about 20 until I tested it, but not I am sowing as fast as I can while planting more tender things inide under my lights.

We had the rain for the last 3 days and now it is supposed to warm back up to the 60's again. I am sure I will have more babies spring up. I need to check my containers and make sure they are not drowning but we go back to school today (springbreak).

Have a wonderful day.
Nichol

o

hello all ( Happy Birthday0
kathy, Just want you to know I,ll be praying for you.I have been suffering from back pain my hole life.Mostly neck pain since being rearended.Being a bricklayer my whole life i keep the chriopractors in biz.
I just started a bunch of seeds today.I finished my bird feeder yesterday and put it up. even in the rain the birds love it. That will be a nice addition to the yard. Although it will probally drive my owner crazy she'll want to go out even more.
Wanted to give a BIG Shout out to my neighbor linda!
And o ya, count me in. If it's not to late that is.
Thanks
Joseph

o

Well, I don't know why my post listed a link to photobucket. When I previewed the post the picture I wanted to use was there. I guess the evil computer gnomes changed it.

o

Hey Joseph, welcome! Where are you at in Zone 6? Inquiring minds want to know..."G"

o

Updated list:

Signed up:
Melissa (hazelnutbunny)
Mary (prayerrock)
Dan (dan_the_mailman)
Kamil (kamiljablo)
Linda (lindaruzicka)
Tracy (joy_unspeakable)
Denise (antiqueorchid)
treegirl48
Cindy (cjcjmass)
fairyoak
Margo (smitties)
Deb (debbya)
Monica (mommyto2)
Iris (rane_grow)
Carol (veeja11)
Tonya(tootsiepop254)
Joan (ejmoore)
Jamie (ashcraftbunch)
Nikki (nikkineel)
Mark (markcase1964)
Mary (maryataylor_2008)
Kim (hillbillygal)
CA (sakura_komichi)
Annie (canyonwind)
Joseph(jdkind)

Tammy (greenthumbgrow)
Fran (ncgardengirl)

Opting out:
Marie (wynative)

If I missed anyone, please let me know!

Sorry I was pretty much MIA this weekend!

It's been a rough weekend here. We didn't get the amount of snow they forecast, but we certainly got the miserable cold and wet weather! We needed the rain, the cold could have given us a pass, though. I feel like someone has stretched me on the rack- all my joints are swollen and feel like they want to jump out of socket. I ache from head to toe, on top of everything else. But it's suppose to be a lot nicer this week, so that should help. I'm just hoping that some of the barely peeking up shoots I have are alright. Cliff and the kids covered just about everything, but there were a few that were barely a half inch out of the ground that they didn't cover. We'll see.

26 signed up so far, and a large number of newbies! How cool! I'm going to share some info with the newbies about round robin swaps, but will wait a few more days before emailing to try to email everyone at once. So keep a watch here and please have email enabled on your trade page.

Another good idea would be to update your trade lists, even if you just list wants! You never know what kind of surprises you'll get!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm gonna try to get caught up on a few things today, then go snuggle back up with my heating pads :P

Kathy

o
Oh! I forgot!

Mary(maryataylor_2008) I did get your email and keep trying to respond to it, but apparently my server doesn't get along well with your email server. I just wanted to say that I understand and things are fine :) I tried to email you through GW as well, but there is no email listed.

So please, to our newer swappers (at least to MNF!), please make sure that email is enabled on your page. You can set it to be visible to GW members only, if you like. But having a way to contact you is a must in a swap like this. If you need help getting it on your member page, just email me and I'll be happy to help.

And for the more experienced MNF members, if you can let me know who you swapped with, say, in the last 4 swaps you participated in- whether it was a MNF swap or not, I'll try to pair you with different people this time!

And WELCOME to all of the new members and sign ups!!!

Kathy~really off to do her catch up stuff, now!

o

Hi Kathy. You missed me. I think I posted right before you did this morning. I am a post or two up from your list. LOL :)

Nichol

o

Hello All;
I just received an e-mail from the person that kept the box in the February swap. It appears that this person is really not what we want on this website and I wanted to warn everyone. This is the content of the e-mail.

Hi friend
welcome to my website www.shp-china.com
We have all kinds of brand electronic products, you may find the product in our website which you like and you need.We have the best products, the most lowest price, quickest shipping speed and the best service.
it does not contain any tax there is no opening-up
policy was relaxed restrictions on China, our company now is not to make money but to open global markets,
our products are all available directly to manufacturers,
VIP customers booking in advance ! please prompt contact with us !
MSN : shp-china@hotmail.com
E-mail : shp-china@hotmail.com

They are apparently offering inexpensive electronic equipment but I would be very cautious as they were not reliable in the swaps.
diene

o

Kathy (jaleesia)

Sent you an email via GW. If you do not receive, let me know!

Thanks!

Annie

o

Kathy (jaleesia)

I sent you an e-mail Saturday. I don't know if you received it. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Amelia

o

Welcome to all the newbies! Sounds like this swap is going to be the usual blast!

Joan

o

did someone say... blast???

nuke Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Ok everyone. Bunny is expecting so congrats are in order
let me be the first. congrats miss bunny !! could you name her April 1st. Dan just because Bump is neutered it dosen't mean he can't have a girl friend. also on the april 1st news. Dan and lindaa have been seen togeather in the corn field dancing naked. happy april 1st to my fav people

o

hmm.. is this an April Fool's joke Bunny??? LOL If not, HUGE congrats to you girl!

Hugs,
Wendy
*grinnin'...

Kathy, btw, I sent you an email!

Everyone be careful of that virus that's supposed to hit tomorrow. Do your backups and keep your virus stuff updated.. JUST in case!!

o

Thanks for the emails Melissa, Wendy and Linda. That will be a huge help in pairing each of you with someone you have not swapped or traded with recently :)

Amelia, I did not receive the email. You're welcome to email me directly at kathyl.walker@yahoo.com

Kathy

o

Kathy, I'm good with whoever you pair me up with.

Now, about that whole Linda and Dan dancing naked in the corn thing, I was most definitely NOT naked! I was wearing my sandals!!! And, if I'm not mistaken, I believe Linda was wearing her tube socks at the time.

Now, did you all know that Miss Bunny has been taking fertility drugs, and is having triplets this time? Way to go Bunny!

April Fool Pictures, Images and Photos

o

List Update!

Signed up:
Melissa (hazelnutbunny)
Mary (prayerrock)
Dan (dan_the_mailman)
Kamil (kamiljablo)
Linda (lindaruzicka)
Tracy (joy_unspeakable)
Denise (antiqueorchid)
treegirl48
Cindy (cjcjmass)
fairyoak
Margo (smitties)
Deb (debbya)
Monica (mommyto2)
Iris (rane_grow)
Carol (veeja11)
Tonya(tootsiepop254)
Joan (ejmoore)
Jamie (ashcraftbunch)
Nikki (nikkineel)
Mark (markcase1964)
Mary (maryataylor_2008)
Kim (hillbillygal)
CA (sakura_komichi)
Annie (canyonwind)
Joseph(jdkind)
Nichol(gardenmom2)
Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady)

Tammy (greenthumbgrow)
Fran (ncgardengirl)

Opting out:
Marie (wynative)

Got you that time, Nichol! Amelia, I responded to your email and Annie, I received your email, thank you!!

Welcome to all the new sign ups!

Diene, thanks so much for the info! I would be very wary for dealing any further with them!

Say, I don't suppose anyone here with farm animals plants timothy hay for them and might have a couple tablespoons that I can trade for? I'm trying to find some, but just need a little bit and everywhere I have found online to purchase it I'd have to buy at least 2oz of this really teeny seed.... that's a LOT more hay than I'm looking for! Just thought I'd toss it out and ask!

Kathy~ wondering what the pranksters will come up with today...

o

Hi All! Sorry BUT I can't do this!

LINDA, I LIVE NORTH OF THE HOME OF THE SUPERBOWL CHAMPS! PITTSBURGH STEELERS! And hopefully stanly cup! Champs! Keeping fingers crossed. GO! PENS!
Cranberry Township PA

Happy April 1 EVERYONE ( SPRING IS HERE )

I am currently swapping with Kamil now in the newbei swap. Which is my first on GW.

Congrads to miss Bunny. AT a Girl!

Hay Dan my owner says she wouldn't mind hooken up with bump! ( MEOW )

Later all !
Joseph

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i'm in)

o

No fertility drugs needed.....and it's QUADRUPLETS, not triplets.

:O)

Dan~ I brought the cupcakes. Hope you like them, I couldn't find my food processor....had to leave the oregano leaves whole.
Doggone it.

Happy Birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Joseph, I live in Penn Township, PA..looks like we really are neighbors..."shaking hands"

o

Bunny I had heard it was octoplets. happy april fools day pass me a couple of those cupcakes please, I'd thought Dan and Linda in the corn field was an april fooln joke but now that Dan described their foot wear, I'm thinking maybe it is real. happy april fools day to all. and congrats to our two prego's Bunny and Mark. I"m ready for my name
hugs carol

o

Mark's pregnant??? Hmmm, sounds to me like some experiments went wrong in the lab... Or did they go right?

here's a picture of Mark taken this last weekend...
mad scientist Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I heard that Linda's been 2-timing Dan with Mark, and that it's really HER baby.

Oh, and Kathy has a wooden leg.

o

I'm waayyyyy past the "gee I want a baby" stage..."L"...however, I do have some nice polish for Kathy's wooden leg..

o

Ya should've thought about that BEFORE taking Mark out back to the bushes, Linda.....
:P

o

Happy 29th Birthday, CAROL!!!

happy birthday friend Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Oh my word ALL OF YOU FOLKS NEED KEEPERS!

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY...I see you all had 'mush' fun with this!

KATHY?!!! I'M IN!!!!

o

Linda! You got Mark pregnant??? Wow! That's a bit much to believe even for an April Fools Joke! I guess it must be true, eh? I guess you got upset when I told you all I was looking for was a quick roll in the hay!

Linda, before we went dancing in the corn...
Jane Russell Haystack Pictures, Images and Photos

o

OMGoodness. You guys are hysterical. Thanks for puttin me on the list Kathy. I don't know if you happened to scroll up and see my couple questions I had. Is this what you are going to email us in a couple days????? If not could you email me or post so that I know what to be getting ready. It ws a couple posts before I let you know I was missed. Thnks SOSOSOSOSOSOSO much.

Hi Fran. You are the bestest neatest lady out there I think. I loved your surprise you sent me. They are planted and happy. Thanks sooo much.

OK. Now for the good stuff. Who is pregnant????? Is it real or april fools??? I wanted to say congrats but it is APRIL 1st. SOOOOOOO LOL Help a newby out......

Nichol
Who is stll laughing

o

see what happens when you drink too much tea?..."hiccupping while picking straw out of my hair"

o

Linda,

You left me out there behind the bushes! I got lost getting back here!

Where's that rabbit to check and make sure about the rumors! LOL!

Mark

o

I believe Carol was just pulling our leg. I am SURE Miss Bunny is not with ANY child at the moment. She hasn't posted the news anywhere else herself.

Hey Nichol, you are very welcome. If any of them do not make it you let me know!

I think with all this going on in the bushes I will take a glass of tea and a cupcake and take a midnight stroll.
I will cover my eyes as I pass the bushes and I will put in my earplugs so I can't hear it either hehe.

:) Fran (who is humming to herself ignoring the sounds outback in the bushes)

o

***hey, here comes Fran. whattaya say we ambush her?***

o

I was definitely going to sit this one out but there are so many new and fun people joining the regulars that I cannot. Count me in and let me know if you need any help running this. With all that is going on for you now, I am happy to do whatever you need to make this work.
Most of my snow is gone and the seven day forecast did not include the "s" word so I am cautiously optimistic. I am even going to start some annuals inside, it is a bit early but I am hoping for an early spring.
Do not count Bunny out on the pregnancy, she comes by her name honestly.
diene

o

Okay, I told hubby the rumor Ms Carol started , and he said "Well, we better get busy then!"
So....like Diene said, I wouldn't count it out. ;O) Just hasn't happened *yet*.
LOL

We did have an exciting April Fool's day here, though.
Ya'll know we're cleaning up from that darn ice storm we had back in January. (UGH!) It's amazing the sheer number of branches and twigs that are still on the ground. And when you've got 2 acres to clean.....OY.....
ANYWAY. When the limbs & trees snapped from the 3" of ice on them, they were so heavy that when they hit the ground, many branches got pushed into the ground several inches ( I was pulling some out yesterday that were as deep as 12"!)

So basically, what you have is a yard full of booby traps. Nice little spikes sticking up out of the ground anywhere from 4" tall to a few FEET tall. And the little ones are HARD to see.

So what happened is Adora was walking outside BAREFOOT (which I did NOT know!) and she happened to step on one of the 4" high ones. A nice, jagged one. Luckily, it only took a big chunk off the side of her foot, and didn't go through.

THEN, as I was loading the back of the truck up with branches (that poor, poor truck...it looks like it's been through a war after all this!) a big limb knocked me upside the head (like I needed that, I'm nuts ENOUGH as it is!). So I've got a 1.5" long cut & knot on my forehead. But if it was an inch lower, I'd have a black eye...so THAT'S good.

AND THEN!!!! Hubby was up on our hill, doing cleaning up there, and he walks into the house a bit later, and says.."I'VE BEEN STABBED". I'm thinkingl...."ha ha, april fools...ha. ha."
He's like..."No, REALLY, honey....I've been stabbed!"
And he pulls up his shirt, and SURE ENOUGH....right in the gut!
OY OY OY.
Seems one of those broken off staubs got him as he was coming down off the hill. He jumped the last few feet of a ledge, and came down on the staub. UGH!

Yes, so our day was ever-so exciting.
I'm glad it's over.

I'm not doing yard work for at least another week.
:P

o

Updated List!
Signed Up:
Melissa (hazelnutbunny)
Mary (prayerrock)
Dan (dan_the_mailman)
Kamil (kamiljablo)
Linda (lindaruzicka)
Tracy (joy_unspeakable)
Denise (antiqueorchid)
treegirl48
Cindy (cjcjmass)
fairyoak
Margo (smitties)
Deb (debbya)
Monica (mommyto2)
Iris (rane_grow)
Carol (veeja11)
Tonya(tootsiepop254)
Joan (ejmoore)
Jamie (ashcraftbunch)
Nikki (nikkineel)
Mark (markcase1964)
Mary (maryataylor_2008)
Kim (hillbillygal)
CA (sakura_komichi)
Annie (canyonwind)
Joseph(jdkind)
Nichol(gardenmom2)
Amelia (amelia_pepper_lady)
Fran (ncgardengirl)
Diene (diene)

Tammy (greenthumbgrow)

Opting out:
Marie (wynative)

See, that wooden leg is why I'm hobbling lately! I thought I was gonna be able to keep it a secret! :P

Welcome to Fran and Diene!! They bring our number to 30!!!

Nichol, hon, I could not find your questions after reading through the entire thread. If you'd like to email me, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

I am going to be emailing all the newbies this weekend, probably tomorrow. I would appreciate it if all the newbies signed up would make sure their email option is available on their member page and be watching for this email and to please respond to it quickly so that I can set up the partner's list that I'm posting Monday. If the option to email you from your member page isn't available, I will not be able to contact you with information you'll need. If you do not respond to the email I am sending by Sunday morning or I cannot email you because there is no option to do so on your member page, I will consider it as dropping out of this swap and will not assign you a partner.

Diene, thanks for the offer to help! I really appreciate it.

Alright, an update on me. I got a call yesterday saying that the Orthopedic surgeon could see me today at 2 PM. So, after Cliff takes our now 16 year old daughter to get her Learner's Permit, we're going to go pick up my MRI films. Not sure what time we'll be finished at the appointment. This should be mainly the surgeon's evaluation and I'm doubtful that he will want any further 'less invasive' procedures attempted, since we've already pretty well covered all of them and they were unsuccessful. He may order some other tests to see if I'm fit for surgery- like bloodwork to check my cholesterol levels (since I was borderline high in my last set of bloodwork and am taking pills to help lower it) and probably some lung capacity and volume tests since I am now officially a former smoker! We have been taking Chantrix to help us quit and for anyone who smokes and is considering quitting, I would suggest talking with your Doctor about this medication. It is amazing! We were able to step down, but the really neat part is that even with doing the step down, we weren't receiving any nicotine- the medication blocks the receptors for nicotine in the brain- so really you get nothing out of smoking. Anyone interested in our experience with it can email me :) However, last night was our last light up. We gave the ash trays and lighters a nice burial in the large trash cans outside, the trash pickup was this morning about 7 am. So, they are all gone. Today we are completely airing the house out and will be spraying several cans of the order eliminating stuff all through the house and next week we have people coming out to completely deodorize the house and heating/AC vents.

So, that said, I'm betting the surgeon will want lung capacity and volume tests run to see if we can schedule the surgery soon or if we'll need to wait. Some surgeons require only that you have good results on the capacity and volume tests, others require that you not have been a smoker for at least 6 months. The main reason, aside from the obvious, is that a spinal fusion is more successful with the more oxygen the lungs can provide. So, we'll see what he wants to do as far as that.

So, I'm off to get a few things done, then go be poked and prodded for heaven only knows how long. Taking my pain meds with me because I know I'm going to get a work out from the evaluation and will be really hurting afterwards.

Everyone have a wonderful day!! I'll try to check in later :)

Kathy~ professional Guinea Pig lately, it seems :P

o

I KNEW it was an April Fool's joke! lol :P Melissa honey .. wow.. what a day w/ the sticks! My goodness!! I need to mail you some bottles of peroxide to keep on hand.. it's our clean out-cure all here !

Kathy, CONGRATS on the stopping smoking!! You are going to be amazed how much you think cigs will stink in a bout a month or so! :) And your lungs will thank you for this! I hope the tests go well for you!!

Fran, how's the unpacking comin' along?? :)

**innocently puttin' away my camera and turnin' on the leaf blower FULL blast to help out Dan, Mark, Linda.. goodness who else was it that's been out there rollin' in the hay & leaves?? p.s. I have GREAT blackmail material now...... hehehehee

Hugs everyone!
Wendy

o

uhm, Wendy? we really don't consider it to be blackmail material since it's all already known by so many people. besides, we're proud that we were able to enjoy ourselves out in the bushes, haystacks, and corn fields. be careful with that leaf blower... we kind of forgot what we did with Fran, and still can't find her. I'm thinking about turning Bump and Stella loose so they'll find her, but that might take a while. Perhaps you'll have better luck with the leaf blower...

And Linda? Sweetie, you forgot one of your socks...
Varanasi Sock #1 Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I found Fran, Dan!!

fig leaf Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I've gotten emails from a few of the newbies regarding their email settings. I'll be happy to assist those needing help setting it up, if they want to do so. For those who prefer to keep theirs from showing, and I understand your concerns, I hope it will be okay to share it with whomever you are partnered with. It will be a necessity.

I have several emails regarding the swap and will respond to them tomorrow. I do know that Mary (prayerrock) has decided that she will hold back from this swap so she doesn't become overwhelmed. Mary, I hope you will still join us on the thread and get to know everyone! This is a great group to make new garden buddies in!

Short update on me- met with the surgeon this afternoon. The surgery is definite. I should know either tomorrow or the early part of next week what date, but for the moment we're looking at late May, early June. The prognosis is really good. In a month after the surgery I should be doing markedly better as far as pain. About 3 months later I should be able to resume basic, non stressful household chores. 6-9 months after I should be able to do all of the things I'm use to doing, without bearing a lot of weight. After a year, I should be back to doing everything I was doing before this happened. One of the primary benefits will be the drastic reduction of pain. I know that sounds silly... but to be honest, I don't know what it's like to live without pain. After 24 years, to me this is 'normal'. So, it will be interesting to see what living without it will be like.

I'm exhausted, though. So anyone who wants to know more is welcome to email me.

I'll answer all emails, both about the swap and the surgery tomorrow.

Kathy

o

Thankyou for the birthday wishes bunny, I knew when I put the announcement of your pregnancy up as an april fool joke that knowing you it could be true, tell that man of yours to calm down. he jumps at any opportunity. I think the pregnancy test was for mark. sorry dan's brownies combined with my cold meds is making me a lil loopy. great leaves Fran. Kathy you are in my prayers. praying that all goes well for you. happy spring to all carol

o

Thanks Kathy, yes I will stick around...I just got involved in to much before i knew what I was doing and I dont have much to offer got over my head and overwhelmed. Maybe next month I can join in the swap again. For now I will just have fun with you all in the background.

blessings,
Mary

o

I wondered where that sock went..they're my favorite pair!

o

Well PAINT MY FACE RED! I was only taking a walk! Good grief, you never know what is gonna happen around here! Could someone PLEASE pass me a bathrobe so I can go to the poolhouse and get dressed?
I am pretty sure those leaves are just dressing the FRONT...and it is a bit nippy out now.

o

Kathy, I received your wonderfully informative email and promise to answer back next week. Since my hubby (a teacher) and kids are on Easter Break, I took all but one day off while they are home. We need to get some painting and other projects done. Unfortunately, gardening can't be one of them since it is still too early.

I am glad to hear that relief is on its way. After living with the pain all those years, you'll feel like a new person. That is great!

These postings are a hoot. Thanks for the entertainment everyone.

o

I've emailed all of the newbies with some info about Round Robin Swapping. I'm going to warn you, it's a little long, but contains lots of info to help you out in your first RR with MNF. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me with them!

I also sent the same email to a few more experienced GW members. I did this so that they not only had the same info that I sent the newbies for this swap, but so that it's available for any host to use in future swaps. So, experienced members, if you received it, it was for that purpose. If you have any suggestions, I'd be happy to incorporate them!

I sent that email keeping everyone's emails private except mine, that way if you did not want your email widely available, that was respected. :)

There was one member that I had to mail to through GW, so Tonya (tootsiepop 254) if you do not receive it, please let me know!

There were two sign ups that there was no email listed for and whom have not emailed me to give me an email address for them. I need them to do so by tomorrow at noon if they are still interested in joining this swap. If I do not hear from them by that time, I will drop them from the list.

They are : treegirl48 and fairyoak

Newbies, I need to have a response from you letting me know that you understand the commitment you are making to this swap and whether you are still interested in participating or not by Sunday morning, April 5th. If I do not have a response from you by that time, I will not assign you a partner for this swap. This is to give me time to pair everyone up, taking into consideration who has had recent swaps or trades with other members that are signed up.

Normally I do all of this via private email, but with the large number of newbies joining this time, I felt it would be best to set a deadline for hearing back from everyone to give me some time to work pairings :)

I'll post an updated list of those participating tomorrow. The deadline for sign ups is this Sunday, April 5th at midnight. I will post a new thread for partners on Monday, April 6th! So if you're lurking, or still considering, you still have a couple of days to sign up!

Kathy

o

Yay! We can post again!
Those darn garden gnomes.....Grrrrr!

Now....if only I had something interesting and informative to say.........

o

That WAS strange not being able to post. I htought maybe something was going wrong witht his computer! I would have been soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo upset. I am tired of pc problems!

Kathy - I got your e-mail and I replied immediately.
Also, I am so happy to hear that you have found a good surgeon and that you will have a new body in a year! Isn't that amazing! Will continue to keep you in my prayers and thoughts!

Dan - There you go with your "special" oregano again. No wonder everyone is so loopy and free flowing in this group! LoL ;-)

Ok ladies and gents- keep your clothes on for a little bit longer! It's too darn cold to be running around in your skibbies out there! Well, unless you are going to be dancing around a fire, then you all better let me know about it! Can't miss out on that! I'll bring the music!

Be good! Have a wonderful weekend. We are suppose to be in a winter storm warning Sat. pm - Sunday pm :-(
Someone send me sunshine and a soft southern breeze please!

Carrie

o

No campfires for Dan....wouldn't want him to get singed.
*shudder*

For that matter...better keep Mama Fran away, too. She's been singin' and drinkin' tequila....that gal can never keep her clothes on when that happens.
Wouldn't want her to get something toasted, either.

Oh, wait....too late for that....
Gee whiz, Mama Fran...you're supposed to be a good role model, too...

*Linda, pass me those brownies...I'm feeling disillusioned.....

o

"passing brownies and tea"...there you go Bunny, you'll feel better in no time!

Yesterday was really beautiful here. I worked on a couple of gardens and cleaned off my patio. Sat in the sunshine and just chilled...today..well today there has been cold stinging rain with wind blowing all over the place! Spring sure is a strange season!

o

Bunny, if you're still feeling disillusioned, we could go for a walk in the corn field, just the two of us. We'll leave Fran to find her clothes, and Mark and Linda need to discuss what to name the baby that Mark is carrying. I hope it's a boy! We could use some more males around here! LOL!
Anyway, just thought I'd offer to take you for a walk if you wish...

o

Yay! I'm ready, Dan!
bunny walk Pictures, Images and Photos

Just don't pull too hard on the leash, M'Kay???

Funny Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Just as long as you stay on the leash. I've heard what you're like without it.

Bunny, Unleashed...
Bad, bad bunny Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Tastes like chicken. Bunny Rabbit Smile Smiley Pictures, Images and Photos

o

"spitting tea all over screen"

o

All I know is bunny best be careful of the sp. oregano, brownies and tea around here. Might not be too good for the octuplets. LOL

I'll take a mug, though :)

o

Hello,

I am still in having problems with comcast e-mail
this morning, i did ready the e-mail regarding the rule for the swap but can not reply back thru comcast. so just to let you know i'm still in..

Thanks

Hello sassybutterfly 2008

o

Gotcha Cindy! Thanks so much!! If you have problems communicating with your partner after they're assigned, please let me know :)

Still waiting to hear from a few people, then I can really start working up the partner list!

Kathy

o

Kathy, sent you an email.

o

did someone say partners??? is the list up yet??? hehehe

***camping out in Kathy's living room until the list is up. anyone care to join me at the bonfire I made on the coffee table?***

o

Sorry, I was away from my computer today, working and did not see the contact deadline, so hope I am not too late. I did update my settings on thursday night late to allow for my email to be public, don't know what happened with that though, guess it was whatever happened to the system, must have been the spilled tea:) If I can still participate my email is pat.saenz@comcast.net. LMK, I would still love to do this

o

Hello all!

you all are to much. Can I get in on some brownies and tea?

Kathy I got a min. and emailed you today/ rr rules

o

"bringing marshmellows and s'mores"..gee Dan, what a great idea!.."licking fingers to get gooey marshmellow off"....think Kathy has it done yet?.."peering through the smoke"...

o

*holding hands with Linda & Dan, signing kumbyahhhhhhhhhhhhh*

WHEN will this lady be finished??

*snatching Dan's brownie*

o

*Plopping down, snitching a roaster marshmallow and a brownie* Cool! A bonfire!!!!! I didn't much like that table anyway!

Finished? With what? *innocent expression*

Fairyoak, I still have you listed, but could you introduce yourself to us? I don't know what your first name is!

o

uh, oh. Linda tipped the fire over onto the rug...think it'll leave a mark? heyyyyyy, look at all the pretty colors.... ***snatching brownie back from Bunny***

o

Hey Kathy, do you happen to have any hotdogs? The marshmallows have run out, and there are more people on the way.

***looking for the list through the smoke***

o

I think Kathy just likes to toy with us, maybe we should burn her wooden leg then she couldn't run too fast and we could catch her and make her spill the list.

Ahhh, nah Kathy we wouldn't hurt you, nah not really.

Ummm, Dan put the chainsaw away!

Who wants a baked potato while we PATIENTLY wait? (Tapping foot) I can wait really...

o

Did I ever tell ya'll the story of the flaming marshmallow of death and the poor, defenseless chicken??

o

nooooooooo...Bunny, you didn't....

o

A-Hem.
Well...since you asked.... *grin*....

A VERY long time ago- about, oh, 18 years or so - I was at a slumber party with a couple of friends. We were roasting marshmallows on a bonfire, out in the front yard. And, since this was out in the sticks (and I mean...WAY out in the sticks, the closest neighbor was 5 miles away, and the closest neighbor to THEM was 5 miles away......ANYHOO....pardon, too many brownies, My mind tends to wander....)
SOOOO....this was out in the sticks, and there were chickens running around in the yard. Poor, helpless, defenseless chickens.
Lots and lots of chickens.
So there we were, using old wire coat hangers (unfolded, of course) to roast marshmallows. Then, the unthinkable, un-avoidable, and totally a waste of good marshmallow happens.
My marshmallow caught fire.
And I don't mean *fire*. I mean....FLAMING, INCINERATING, little-ball-of-DEATH type fire.
Yay.
Naturally, I'm calm and collected....while the other girls are screaming their fool heads off. "YOUR MARSHMALLOW'S ON FIRE! YOUR MARSHMALLOW'S ON FIRE!!!!"
Yeah, duh.....

So, I react in an appropriate manner, of course.
I start waving the coat hanger/marshmallow fire ball in the air, hoping to fan out the fire.
Next thing I know, the marshmallow goes flying off the end of the wire, whizzing through the air.....ZOOOOMMMM!!!!......

And smacks a poor chicken RIGHT ON THE NOGGIN.
Still flaming, with marshmallow-ey goo going everywhere, the poor chicken runs around bock-bocking all over the place.
We all run for the water hose, and put the chicken out...

But she didn't make it. :O(

Guess what we had for supper the next night?

Yep, roasted chicken!

o

OH Bunny, you tell the BESTEST stories! I can totally see it!

Tell us another one, Kathy is apparently MIA! Someone needs to keep us entertained!

Oh KAHTYYYYYYYYY,,,,WHERE ARE YOU...Are you SLEEPING?????
KATHY! WAKE UP......

o

Let's wake Kathy up!

KATHY!!!!(Banging pots and pans together) OH, KATHY!!!!!
WHERE ARE YOU!!!

~ Tracy (waiting patiently) :)

o

Bunny that story was hysterical! Poor chicken!.."throwing another log on the fire since Dan is sleeping, while gently placing a sticky marshmellow in his ear".....

o

Hi,
I left for Tennessee Monday and was not able to use the computer until last night when I returned home. I hope I have not missed the deadline. I tried to use my sisters computer with the WyeFi not sure if that is how you spell it but I just got fed up with how long it was taking. I guess I am spoiled since I have used the high speed internet. I am so glad to be home I feel like I just ran a marathon an am so exhuasted. Enough of the wining, I think I'll have a drink. Oh yeah I brought some more marshmallows if anyone wants some. By the way the Smoky Mountains are so pretty.
Denise

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here