Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellyinflorida

NEW: April Shower's Bring May Flower's Swap

kellyinflorida
18 years ago

I had so much fun hosting my fist swap that I would like to do it again.

This one will be called April Shower's Bring May Flowers Swap

Deadline for joining will be March 25th . Seeds must be sent in by March 31st. They will be returned to you no later than April 6th.

I've learned a few things from the first swap so here are a few guidelines:

Each pack of seeds should have at least a dozen seeds in it.

Please do not send more than 2 of the same kind of seeds unless they are for sharing as bonus packs. The 3rd pack of the same kind of seeds will be considered an extra and offered as a bonus. Example, If you send in 3 packs of Black Hollyhocks the first two will count as your trade packs and the third pack will be offered as a bonus to another swapper.

You will get back as many packs as you send in. If we have generous swappers and bonus seeds are sent in then you'll get more packs sent back to you.

If you have a want list then please include it and I will try to fill as many wants as possible.

Send as many packs as you want and if you have extras I will be happy to divide up the packs and make extras to share with everyone. I have tons of plastic seed bags and labels.

Please send your seeds in bubble envelopes and include a return address label and sufficient postage for sending these back to you. Please Do not SEND ME MONEY FOR POSTAGE.

If this sounds like something you might like to join in on please sign up and I'll email you with the mailing information.

Thanks Kelly

Comments (99)

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Michelle R,
    Your package arrived today. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE CARDS!

I'll Let you know when the package leaves.

Kelly

• cottagegardenofmine
    18 years ago

I'd like to join too!

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Dana,
    Glad you will be joining us! I have sent you the details.

Kelly

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone!!
    Well we are down to 2 days left for sign ups. After that I'll need all packages in by the 31st so I can start getting the goodie bags ready to be sent back to you.
    A BIG Thanks to all of you who are participating.

Kelly

• patrob
    18 years ago

Kelly, please include me in your swap. It's cold and very windy today, so it's a good day to stay inside and play in the seeds! By mailing tomorrow I can get the package to you before the deadline.

Thanks,
    Patricia

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Patricia,
    I sent you the information for the swap. Thanks for joining us!

• patrob
    18 years ago

Kelly, your e-mail has not yet arrived. Would you please send it again?

Thanks,
    Patricia

• clay_lady
    18 years ago

I'd like to sign up for the swap. thanks clay_lady

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Pat and Clay Lady,
    I've sent you both emails with the details.

Thanks for joining!

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LAST CALL FOR SIGNING UP. Tomorrow is the last day to join!!!

• luv_hollyhocks
    18 years ago

Hi Kelly ,I was wondering have you received my seeds yet? I'm not sure but I think I forgot to write "April Shower's bring May Flower's Swap" on my note..

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi,
    No they haven't made it yet but my mail runs around 2pm est. Maybe today. I'll let you know as soon as they get here.

Kelly

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Today is the last day to sign up for this swap.
    Hope you'll consider joining us !

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

MAIL TIME!!!
    Yippee, Today I got packages from GIKRISSY,LUVS HOLLYHOCKS AND MIMIB1.

• monipsych
    18 years ago

Put my seeds in the mail yesterday. :)
    Monica

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Monica,
    I'll let you know as soon as they arrive.
    Kelly

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

UPDATE:
    Hi ya'll,
    Here's the status of the swap.
    1. Sign ups are over and we are now officially closed.
    2. I have recieved some packages but I'm waiting on 14 to arrive. There's no problem there we are still on schedule and the packages have until the 31st to be in the mail.
    3. I'll continue to notify everyone as the packages arrive.
    4. Once all of the packages arrive I will notify you again letting you know when they will be leaving my house.

Also I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a monthly swap that would go on throughout the year. If there is interest you wouldn't have to swap every month but you would be on the "always" list and automatically notified of the swap each month. I would like to have themes for each month. Of course newbies are always welcome. It would be a great way to build up your seeds and fill up your yards!

Let me know what you think about that.
    Thanks,
    Kelly

• snyder
    18 years ago

I will send my seeds today. I have them ready. Ann

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks Ann,
    I'll let you know when they arrive.

Kelly

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mail Call!
    Monica, Sue G., Don and Aimee,
    Your packages arrived today!
    Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and gifts, It was not necessary but was very appreciated!
    I'll let you know when your packages leave.

Thanks again, Kelly

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

My are in the mail today.

mkruby7

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just a note to let you know I'll be unavailable until Saturday. My daughter will be collecting mail until then and when I get back I'll update everyone.

Kelly

• threeshyacres
    18 years ago

Hi Kelly,
    Just a note to let you know that my seeds went out in today's mail.

Thanks for hosting,
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• cottagegardenofmine
    18 years ago

Mine went out monday afternoon! Thanks again for hosting. Dana

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

Did you get my seeds ? I sent them on the 29th.

mkruby7

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Kelly,,,are you still with us?!?! OR are you drowning in a "pool" of seeds!! LOL!!

• putzer
    18 years ago

lol, that's what I was wondering-she may have to swim through seeds to find her computer!

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

Maybe she's not available until Saturday the 8th.

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

WHEW!
    I'm back, sorry I was gone longer than expected and when I returned I had a DSL meltdown and I couldn't get online all week! Oh well, Things have to get better. Ok, Off the top of my head I got packages from Ann, Dana and MK. I am still waiting on 4 packages to arrive and will email those people today to see wazup.
    I'm pretty much ready to start sending packages back and will begin to do that this weekend.
    Thanks for your patience,
    Kelly

• plantas
    18 years ago

Welcome back

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

OHHHHHHHHH good we will be getting packages soon.

• putzer
    18 years ago

Hi Kelly! Are you still swamped? I would imagine it is quite the task to host this...but know that we appreciate what you are doing!

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Swappers!
    Sorry I haven't been chatting lately but..... I have a new grandson coming in August and I've been consumed with buying baby things and setting up a nursery for him. He is our first grandchild (biological) We have a little surrogate granddaughter that we have cared for for 5 years years and we just adore this child, she's our little angel too. The new baby on his way is really an exciting time for us. I am 40 and hubby is 46 so we are ready to start out journey into being grandparents. Our daughter who is expecting is 20 years old and she was born to be a great Mother.
    I just thought I would share that with ya'll.
    The packages have been sent out so please post here when they arrive.
    THANKS!!!!

Kelly

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

Received my package on Thursday - thanks Kelly!

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I was out in my yard this morning admiring my gourd babies when I noticed I was being watched just a few feet away. I ran to get my camera to show you who was stalking me! No worries, I have a fence between he and I so I think I am safe until he gets as big as his Mother who is 10 and 1/2 feet long! I am always amazed at the wild life living just a few feet away from me, everyday is a new bird or turtle or even gator joining me in my yard. This guy is about 3 to 4 feet long.

• plantas
    18 years ago

OMG!!!!!! KELLY,I would be soooo freaked out, seeing that in my backyard. 'lol

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

Wow, I've run into bears, bobcats, skunks (it would just move off the trail when I come by), deer, rattle snakes and coyotes before, when I go horseback riding in the hills by my home.

But I don't know if I would want to run into a gator!!

mkruby7

PS. congrats on the grand baby.

• cottagegardenofmine
    18 years ago

Got my package today, thanks Kelly! Exciting news about the baby! SCARY Gator! I'll bet she was admiring your garden.

• kellyinflorida
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LOL I guess I am used to them. I think I would rather out run a gator than face off with a bear or a snake.
    Someone should probably tell that gator that I love fried gator tail =) Bet he would leave me alone!

• Michelle Reynolds
    18 years ago

hello
    nice gator kelly. I went outside the other night and there was a very large owl sitting on my bird feeder, I think he was waiting for a mouse, but we scared the daylights out of each other.
    I got the seeds today, and thank you very much for hosting again.
    michelle

• putzer
    18 years ago

That is one BIG reason I could not live in Florida! My Shih Tzu would be a tiny snack for him.

I got the seeds today-thank you so much! Congratulations on the new grandbaby!

• plantas
    18 years ago

I have recieved the seeds, thanks for being a great host.

plantas

• gikrissy
    18 years ago

Thanks Kelly, got my seeds today. Congratulations on the coming baby!
    Kris

• mkruby7
    18 years ago

I got my today or was it yesterday.

mkruby7

• luv_hollyhocks
    18 years ago

Hi Kelly ,I received my seeds yesterday too.Thank you for hosting this swap.I love what I got..Congratulation on your new grand baby.=) Happy Gardening!

• dem_pa
    18 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks for hosting a great exchange.

dem_pa

• dancingmoons
    18 years ago

Hi Kelly!!
    Yippie!! got my seeds today!! great selection!! Thanks for all your hard work in hosting this great swap!!
    Blue Skies!!

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

Received the seeds today also. Thanks for hosting and congratulations on your new grand baby.
    Deanie

• threeshyacres
    18 years ago

Hi Kelly and fellow gardeners!

I also received my seeds, and as always, I am well-supplied for planting lots of beauties! Thanks so much for sharing, and to you, Kelly, for hosting this wonderful swap.
    Happy Spring,
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• monipsych
    18 years ago

After a brief delay I received my seeds. I had to go to the post office for postage due.....but had stamps returned in the package? I'm sure it was just due to package overload. :) My minor gripe is many of the packages were hard to read..... me being a newbie I have to work on deciphering the contents. But I do appreciate the time and effort it took. Thank you Kelly.
    Monica