Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: 2nd Annual Commercial Seed Swap, recd and thank yous !

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

I am working on sorting seeds, Ill update as soon as possible. Here is a new thread for received and thank you !

Enjoy, I know I am !!

Comments (74)

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

***********UPDATE*******

Looks like I will be mailing out the beginning of the week..I hope no one is disappointed, but I spent over 5 hours sorting today, and yes, i am a little slower then others, but I am really trying to make sure everyone has a nice selection.

I have a meeting with our Lawyer tomorrow, so it will take some time away from the sorting.

Im a little over half way done with the flower seeds, and then need to work on the extras...and WOW, did I pack a lot of them...there may be a chance you get something back in the extra part of the swap that you sent in, if so, pass it on.

ok, just for fun, can you guess the top 2 kinds of seeds that were sent in ?? I think Ill be seeing them in my sleep tonight...LOL (flower seeds we are guessing on)

I made a real nice pack of seeds up for the person that wins the contest of HOW MANY SEEDS CAME IN...

Ok, headed off to eat dinner and rest...then I might go roll in the seeds again...LOL

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

Hmmm, 999 all together. As for the most popular, double click cosmos. At least I've been wanting those for awhile. Glad you are keeping the seeds warm, I tried to find my name on a bag, but I guess I'll just keep daydreaming about it.
    Good luck with the lawyer, there are almost no happy reasons to meet with one. I hope your daughter is well.
    Six huh, was he a flirt at birth? My son is, but his brother got over that around 7 or 8. That's when girls got cooties.
    I will make it through the weekend etc. Thank you for the mini updates and suspense.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Yeah, he has always been a flirt. He has a dimple an I think he knows it. BUT, he is to the point where he will not talk to girls that are older than him. Although he does like a girl in his class that he says is very nice and pretty. I sure hope we get to the cootie stage. I feel safer there. LOL

• jaynine
    15 years ago

i'm gonna guess 1125 pkts, with double click rose bonbon cosmos & sweet basil as the top two sent in.
    can't wait!!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

Hi Kym...thanks for sharing your pics.

My guess is 1700 and I would guess the two top seeds sent in were zinnias and lettuce. I'm probably not even close - but that's my guesses and I'm stickin to it.

Thanks for all your hard work! - Lisa

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! hmmm I'm gonna say 1264 is my packet count guess. Top 2 seeds... wow, that's tough... I'm gonna guess Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia (or maybe that's just wishful thinking! LOL) and Basil of some sort.

Happy Friday everyone!!
    ~Wendy

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

I'm going to say Sunflower and Zinnia.
    Remy

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Top two seeds sent in:
    Sunflowers and Bush Beans.
    Maybe.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Zinnia and petunia.

I was gonna say sunflowers, but remy beat me. LOL

• divahethr
    15 years ago

I guess corn and beans

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

My guess:
    Gallardia & Zinnia.

I hope i'm right,tee,hee,hee
    cAROL

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

I guess basil and cosmos.

Kamil

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

OK Mine guess is 1818

And I think the two tops would be sweet basil and purple coneflowers. (At least they wer/ / e for my swap - I am still seeing purple coneflowers. LOL)

Tammy/greenthumbgrow

• jblanton08
    15 years ago

top two seeds....I'll say zinnias and marigolds

• dorisl
    15 years ago

Ill vote for PEAS and watermelons.

:)
    D

• jaynine
    15 years ago

bump

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

Soon soon right?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Floodthelast....Can I wait and send them next week ?? LOL

The envies will be in the mail TOMORROW....I am finishing them up tonight, just need to add the mailing labels and get them to the PO to find out the postage.

I did receive one envie without return postage inside.

Thanks for being so patient with me, and I really hope everyone will be happy with the return envies !!

Happy St Patricks Day to you all !!

Ill be back tomorrow, with the WINNER of the game !

• jaynine
    15 years ago

If I forgot postage, or didn't send enought, please let me know. I don't remember anymore!

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

I hope I remembered my postage. If not, please let me know and I will get it to you. I think I remembered, but who knows. LOL

Nichol

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

***************UPDATE************************

Ok, envies are in the mail...all but the 5 that sent in tiny tiny envies..LOL They are ready and will be out in the morning.

THE WINNER OF THE GAME IS...............JAYNINE !!! whoooo hooooo !!!!! I WAS ABLE TO REPACK OVER 300 PACKS OF SEEDS. OUR GRAND TOTAL WAS 1,129 WHICH IS A TON FOR COMMERCIAL SEEDS. WAY TO GO ! Jaynine, can you please email me your address again.(Jaynine guessed 1125 packs)

The two most popular seeds sent in this swap were....SWEET PEA and Zinnia. Sunflower was a close third. As for veggies...there wasnt too many repeats. I guess Id have to say Tomatos and Squash.

THANKS SOO MUCH TO ALL YOU FOR JOINING, AND I WISH YOU ALL A VERY SPECIAL GROWING SEASON.

PLEASE, post here when you receive your envie, and add one or two seed that you were excited to recieve.

ALso, there were a few 10 cent packs, or old packs, they were returned to the sender. Dont worry, you still received a few extras !

(there was a few people that sent in a little extra postage, I normally just send it right back, but my father went to the PO for me, soo, if you see that your envie came and the postage was less, and you want me to return postage, just send me an email. I have no problem sending it to you.)

For those of you that plan to do more RR, PLEASE remember..

1.Postage send one or two extra stamps ( you almost always end up getting more then sent in)

2.Add your screen name to ALL packs of seeds ( It sure would have made my life much easier)

3. Add your screen name to the ENVIE and to a letter inside. ( It took a lot of time to locate names, to screen names)

4. TAPE your seed envies closed. There were many envies leaking seeds.

5. Send in a little larger envie, for room for extras.

THANKS AGAIN for being patient with me, and I truly hope you all find a few seeds that make you smile. I hope to see you next year, for the swap !

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is all the seeds ready to be placed in the envies and come home to you....

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Yippeee! look at all those bags full o' flowers and edibles!! :) I can hardly wait, thanks so much for working so hard on this!

~Wendy

• jaynine
    15 years ago

yay!!

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Kym has done an awesome job. I'm sooo excited while awaiting the arrival of the seeds!

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

Mean Mean Mean, Kym. That LOL wasn't nearly large enough.

Thank you so much for this swap, I am so excited. If I was short on postage at all please let me know. I can't remember how much I sent in anymore.

Can you tell I hate waiting. :)

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Congrats Jaynine!! : )

I can't wait to get my pkg. and see what goodies I got!
    Remy

• wmkolker
    15 years ago

LoL I can't wait . I was looking over one the the other post for a while now and wondered why nobody was posting . duh I read fine print . Hope i didn't miss to much .

The Other

Wendy LoL

• gardenscout
    15 years ago

I got my seeds, and what a nice selection! Lots of things I wouldn't normally try, but I am especially happy about the Nigella African Bride.

Thanks very much, Kym, and also to everyone who sent in seeds. This was a fun swap.

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today too! I received a nice assortment and I think my favorite was the sunflower I got Double Dandy.I actually looked at that at a store and didn't buy it. Oh I loved the Italian peppers too. I'll stop now before I keep listing them, lol.

Kym,
    You did a great job!!
    Thanks for hosting,
    Remy

• jaynine
    15 years ago

My seeds are here--thanks so much!

• dorisl
    15 years ago

I got mine today and am 100% blown away! Im excited to get Patty Pan Squash and White Tomatoes. How did you know that I needed some lemon cucumbers! Both are new to me. but really, Im overwhelmed by the variety ofseeds than came in.

thanks so much to Kym and to everybody who sent seeds in!

Doris

• divahethr
    15 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thank you so much I really liked the iranian tobacco how neat! For the flowers of course! lol

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    15 years ago

Hi Kym,

Thank you for sending me such a nice assortment of seeds.
    It was sheer pleasure going through them and I am excited about planting them ALL this season! I especially like the Peach Melba Nasturtiums. Kym, thanks a million for your thoughtfulness and all of your time and work on this swap. I'll be sure and sign up for the "3rd Annual Commercial Seed Swap" next season!

Lisa

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am really glad to hear you have been happy !!! Boy, is sorting stressful...LOL

Enjoy your seeds, and thanks sooo much for joining, and making this swap soo much fun !!

Jaynine, Ill be getting your "prize" seeds out to you on WED.

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I got a grand assortment of seeds in my envelope today! Thank you Kym, for hosting this great swap.
    Alana

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

I rec'd my seeds today. Thank you so much for the wonerful asortment.

Nichol

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

I got my seeds too, and am very grateful to Kym for being so considerate of my tiny growing space!

I received a fascinating assortment, including plenty of small and dwarf plants. It's impossible for me to pick just one favorite.

Some of the most exciting seeds I got include:

2 Dwarf Tomatoes- including "Polish Dwarf". SUPER AWESOME! :)

A rare solid red Romaine lettuce named "Silvia." Totally thrilled to have received this one! :)

Nasturtium "Dwarf Cherry Rose" - Wanted to buy this at first, but reluctantly passed it over to save some money. Glad you sent it to me, because I LOVE it!

Kym,
    You made my day!!
    Thanks for hosting,
    Grovespirit

• floodthelast
    15 years ago

I got my seeds today too. I am really excited about the rosemary, blue star morning glory and red star, Gloria cosmos and verbena moss seeds.

Thank you for the assortment, I was so excited to see that envie poking out of the mail box.

• crazypalmlady
    15 years ago

Kym,

All I can say is WOW..... I recieved my seeds today and I can't believe how many extras you sent me. I was one of the people with a small envelope. I'll know better next time. Thanks for all your hard work. I got alot of new things to try but my ALL Time Favorite was the Clarkia. I planted them last year from a trade and loved them. I didn't have any seeds this year. They were the one flower I really wanted to plant. Thanks again and if you host it again next year I'm in.
    Linda

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am sooooooo releived that you all are happy with your envies...LOL

I hope you all have the BEST gardens this season, and I look forward to seeing you all in the swap next season..AND on the forums.

Be looking out for some good commercial seeds for next season !!!

I hope the rest of the envies will be recd today !!!

Happy Mailboxing !

Kym

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

I received my goodie bag,wow,i am blow away with all the different seeds i received,i did not send in that many,but i sure did get a lot in return,thank you all for your giving spirit,and Kym,for working so hard on this swap,i know there is no way i could do it.
    My favorit was the Lavender,i wanted to try this so bad,i did receive a few in my first trade,but they were not for my zone,this time it was, and i just sowed them this morning.Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

One thing i was not sure of,when the swap said commercial seed,i thought we had to buy the seed,so that is what i did,sent in the whole packs,is it proper to send traded commercial seed?

At the beggining of this trading-swaping,i thought you should sow every thing some one sent to you,and it was not "nice" to trade a gifted seed,i have since found out,that is what ya all do,ha ha,thus,so many seeds in your stash.

I am still not sure how you do the Birthday thing,is it ok, to send small re-packed seeds to you for your Birthdays?
    Or should the packs be unopened,and bought?

I am going through my seeds again right now,gotta see what else i can do up today.

Thanks again every one,this really is a great way to spend a rainy day.
    cAROL

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Carol, for the BIRTHDAY SWAP, any seeds from trades, or your garden, or commercial are welcomed.

For this swap, it needed to be commercial seeds only from 08 and 09. It was preferred that they were ones YOU bought, but you were suppose to send in "leftovers" hence the name..LOL SOO, you should have planted some, and sent some in.

If You ever have questions, feel free to email me ! Id always be willing to help .

If someone sent in a WHOLE pack of seeds for this swap, I sat and repacked them..that is how I was able to send soo many back.

• just1morehosta
    15 years ago

Thanks Kym,
    I should have asked,but i just thought we were to sow all seeds we received,and were suppose to buy all the others,ha ha.
    Oh well, now i know,i bet there are others out there who do not know how to do the trade-swap,thing.
    Is there a site i do not kow about that explaines all the the rules?
    Thank you Kym,
    cAROL

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Kym, I received my pkg on Monday, WOOHOO!!! THANKYOU so very much!!! I am so excited over these, this turned out to be a wonderful swap! You did a fantastic job sorting them all too! :)

HUGS!
    ~Wendy

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

Thanks Kim,

I enjoy the selection you sent. Sorry about the loose seeds.

Tammy

• franked1
    15 years ago

Received seeds. Great assortment--many,many extras.Thanks again. Frank

• jaynine
    15 years ago

Kym,
    I got my prize today--wow--I'm thrilled!! Thanks so much!

• wmkolker
    15 years ago

Got my seeds Thank you .

Wendy

• moon458
    15 years ago

Hi:

I rec'd my seeds last week and was so, so, so surprized at the assortment, didn't expect all those little packages.My goodness there were so many. Thank you so very much. Tomorrow I'm gonna hustle to get many in jugs.
    I really liked getting " kiss me over the garden gate". I heard they were hard to grow so we'll see.

Donna mae

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022