Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: 2nd Annual Commercial Seed Swap, recd and thank yous !

Posted by flwrs4ever 7 R.I. (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 8, 09 at 12:16

I am working on sorting seeds, Ill update as soon as possible. Here is a new thread for received and thank you !

Enjoy, I know I am !!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: 2nd Annual Commercial Seed Swap, recd and thank yous

Hello! Just wanted to let you all know we're having ourselves a "meeting" of fellow seed addicts in the Seed Traders Not-So-Anonymous Meeting thread. Stop on by for some fun! -Dan

o

Thanks Kym, I am so excited about this one. In your case, any news is good news. :)

o

Well, I spent about a week, in the evenings, going thru and packing any extras that I could.

Yesterday, Sue came over, and helped go thru the seeds, and I worked on getting a good system set up for the swapping...I am one that has to be organized, and being fair to each person means alot to me. Sue came over at 10:30, and I had already started...and I worked almost all the way thru the night. It is now 2:30 in the afternoon...and I am sooo happy to report.....that I am done with the veggie sorting. WHOO HOO !!!

I am taking the evening off, and will start again tomorrow.

That is the update for today. I have to say, there are some really nice seeds...so I am sure everyone will be happy with ATLEAST half of what you are getting. I ofcourse hope it is EVERY seed....

Ok, Ill update again SOON !!!

o

Wow KYM, take it easy and don't push yourself so hard. I am glad you have a system down but make yourself sick and worn out by sorting. I am glad you took the night off. I know what it is, you just wanted to watch Dancing with the Stars ??????? LOL I am kidding, but want you to know I appreciate you hosting this swap and all of your hardwork.

Thank you.

Nichol

o

Nichol, I had to laugh, my teenage daughter wont let me watch dancing with the stars...ha ha. Although I did get to see them walk down the stairs.

I have to take my daughter for an MRI today, but i did work on the seeds. I cant take too long, cause my entire kitchen is covered in bags, and seeds...LOL

I DID take the seeds and spread them all over the bed, and slept with them, so as they wouldnt be lonely last night...I didnt take them in the shower, as I thought they might start to SPROUT !! LOL

Ok, we had a very generous person, send in the new Cherry Rudbeckia, and it is sooo pretty. I am going to offer them, and several more from my seed stash to the person closest to .......

How Many seed Packs have gone into this swap ???? Person closest to, without going over...will win a pack of Cherry Rudbeckia, AND more...

(Dont worry, I didnt short the person that sent them in...and If she wins, Ill find something else special to send to her)

Ok, so guess away while I am sorting....and Ill let you know soon.

Have a great day !!

Kym

o

Ok, here is a bit of a tease......and a look at how I have been sorting...dont get worried if you see numbers on bags lower then what you sent in...I told you I am organized, and I have to have counts for everything...LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We are in the middle of painting the kitchen blue, the area that is white, is where my border is going to go.

I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek....so is anyone going to guess how many seeds we have ???

ttys,

Kym

o

Kym- I'd love to guess at the count but I need some more info first.

1. Do the seeds you have packed and ready to use in this swap count in the total?

2. Do the seeds that sueirish hand-delivered to you count in the total?

Depending on how you answer those 2 Q's above, my seedcont guess will differ!

o

I will take a guess at 1080 original seed packets.

o

I am going 1899 seed packets!!!

Oh LOOK in the third pic its a paper bag with my name on it!!!

Kamil

o

Ok, I am laughing. I hope your daughters MRI went ok. My son gets to watch a couple dances and then goes to bed and last night he told me that EDETTA needed a new shirt. I was like What? and he said (he is 6) he said look mom, you can see her back. All of her back and she needs a new shirt. Then on the way to bed he was giggling. I asked him what and he kept saying that girl. FInally I figured out, HE HAS A CRUSH ON HER> He is 6. So I was flippin a little. He was giggling and red faced and said she was very pretty but she needed clothes on. I think it embarassed him that he liked her and she was skimpily dresed. I am glad, but Oh MY. He is ONLY 6!

Hope you are having fun sleeping with the seeds.

o
RE: UPDATE: update

*********seed count contest****************

THE CONTEST, IS FOR GRAND TOTAL AMOUNT OF ALL SEEDS INCLUDED IN THIS SWAP. SUE WAS PART OF THE SWAP, JUST DIDNT MAIL HERS TO ME.

OK, SO YOU ARE GUESSING ON THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF SEEDS THAT WILL BE USED IN THE SWAP....ALL SEEDS COUNT.

gardenmom, you better watch your little one, he is starting early...LOL It is so much fun to watch them, and see how they react..my son was like that he always said the funniest stuff.

o

I will guess 1901.
Alana

o

I am guessing 1640.

I know. I don't think I like that, either. His dad just laughed of course and said at least it was a girl. haha. No offense, but I was just like UGH--Men. I think he is even proud of him or something. LOL

o

hmm.. no idea so I'll just go w/ what pops in my head.. 1842 !

Gardenmom ~ that is so cute what your son said.. write it down! That is one thing I wish I would've done when mine were wee lil... I remember some things, but not nearly all of them!

~Wendy

o

I will guess 3144.

o

I'll guess 1037,
This is fun-Again!
cAROL

o

1,537 seeds

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 11, 09 at 19:04

How Exciting to see the pics! I also know how much of a pain it is to do the sorting since I hosted a seed swap for OBF earlier this year. I would put something in a bag and then realize it was on someone else's wish list and then I would have to go fishing for seeds to find that pkt. Or I would put something in a bag and realize I already put the same kind of seed in there before, and so on. So it really is a job!

I'm going to guess 1360.
Remy

o

Hey! I sent a big packet of seeds weeks ago and you have me on the dropout list! You had me marked as received on an earlier list on the other thread, but now I am on the deadbeat list. I even put my screename on the package.

Can you look again for my package? Is it too late?

o

OK I say the total is 1836

o

Gardenscout YES< I have your seeds, so sorry !! I didnt have your screen name written down when I updated the list..

I am so sorry, they are safely here...and being sorted.

o
RE: UPDATE: 2nd Annual Commercial Seed Swap,

Okay, no problem. After all the buildup and the teasing with the pics above, I was getting all excited about it. The mystery, the intrigue...

o

my guess is 2211 i picked 2 bdays lol

o

I say total is 1242
Jen

o

***********UPDATE*******

Looks like I will be mailing out the beginning of the week..I hope no one is disappointed, but I spent over 5 hours sorting today, and yes, i am a little slower then others, but I am really trying to make sure everyone has a nice selection.

I have a meeting with our Lawyer tomorrow, so it will take some time away from the sorting.

Im a little over half way done with the flower seeds, and then need to work on the extras...and WOW, did I pack a lot of them...there may be a chance you get something back in the extra part of the swap that you sent in, if so, pass it on.

ok, just for fun, can you guess the top 2 kinds of seeds that were sent in ?? I think Ill be seeing them in my sleep tonight...LOL (flower seeds we are guessing on)

I made a real nice pack of seeds up for the person that wins the contest of HOW MANY SEEDS CAME IN...

Ok, headed off to eat dinner and rest...then I might go roll in the seeds again...LOL

o

Hmmm, 999 all together. As for the most popular, double click cosmos. At least I've been wanting those for awhile. Glad you are keeping the seeds warm, I tried to find my name on a bag, but I guess I'll just keep daydreaming about it.
Good luck with the lawyer, there are almost no happy reasons to meet with one. I hope your daughter is well.
Six huh, was he a flirt at birth? My son is, but his brother got over that around 7 or 8. That's when girls got cooties.
I will make it through the weekend etc. Thank you for the mini updates and suspense.

o

Yeah, he has always been a flirt. He has a dimple an I think he knows it. BUT, he is to the point where he will not talk to girls that are older than him. Although he does like a girl in his class that he says is very nice and pretty. I sure hope we get to the cootie stage. I feel safer there. LOL

o

i'm gonna guess 1125 pkts, with double click rose bonbon cosmos & sweet basil as the top two sent in.
can't wait!!

o

Hi Kym...thanks for sharing your pics.

My guess is 1700 and I would guess the two top seeds sent in were zinnias and lettuce. I'm probably not even close - but that's my guesses and I'm stickin to it.

Thanks for all your hard work! - Lisa

o

Hi everyone! hmmm I'm gonna say 1264 is my packet count guess. Top 2 seeds... wow, that's tough... I'm gonna guess Cherry Brandy Rudbeckia (or maybe that's just wishful thinking! LOL) and Basil of some sort.

Happy Friday everyone!!
~Wendy

o

Fri, Mar 13, 09 at 11:40

I'm going to say Sunflower and Zinnia.
Remy

o

Top two seeds sent in:
Sunflowers and Bush Beans.
Maybe.

o

Zinnia and petunia.

I was gonna say sunflowers, but remy beat me. LOL

o

I guess corn and beans

o

My guess:
Gallardia & Zinnia.

I hope i'm right,tee,hee,hee
cAROL

o

I guess basil and cosmos.

Kamil

o

OK Mine guess is 1818

And I think the two tops would be sweet basil and purple coneflowers. (At least they wer/ / e for my swap - I am still seeing purple coneflowers. LOL)

Tammy/greenthumbgrow

o

top two seeds....I'll say zinnias and marigolds

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 14, 09 at 10:09

Ill vote for PEAS and watermelons.

:)
D

o

bump

o

Soon soon right?

o

Floodthelast....Can I wait and send them next week ?? LOL

The envies will be in the mail TOMORROW....I am finishing them up tonight, just need to add the mailing labels and get them to the PO to find out the postage.

I did receive one envie without return postage inside.

Thanks for being so patient with me, and I really hope everyone will be happy with the return envies !!

Happy St Patricks Day to you all !!

Ill be back tomorrow, with the WINNER of the game !

o

If I forgot postage, or didn't send enought, please let me know. I don't remember anymore!

o

I hope I remembered my postage. If not, please let me know and I will get it to you. I think I remembered, but who knows. LOL

Nichol

o

***************UPDATE************************

Ok, envies are in the mail...all but the 5 that sent in tiny tiny envies..LOL They are ready and will be out in the morning.

THE WINNER OF THE GAME IS...............JAYNINE !!! whoooo hooooo !!!!! I WAS ABLE TO REPACK OVER 300 PACKS OF SEEDS. OUR GRAND TOTAL WAS 1,129 WHICH IS A TON FOR COMMERCIAL SEEDS. WAY TO GO ! Jaynine, can you please email me your address again.(Jaynine guessed 1125 packs)

The two most popular seeds sent in this swap were....SWEET PEA and Zinnia. Sunflower was a close third. As for veggies...there wasnt too many repeats. I guess Id have to say Tomatos and Squash.

THANKS SOO MUCH TO ALL YOU FOR JOINING, AND I WISH YOU ALL A VERY SPECIAL GROWING SEASON.

PLEASE, post here when you receive your envie, and add one or two seed that you were excited to recieve.

ALso, there were a few 10 cent packs, or old packs, they were returned to the sender. Dont worry, you still received a few extras !

(there was a few people that sent in a little extra postage, I normally just send it right back, but my father went to the PO for me, soo, if you see that your envie came and the postage was less, and you want me to return postage, just send me an email. I have no problem sending it to you.)

Flowers Pictures, Images and Photos

For those of you that plan to do more RR, PLEASE remember..

1.Postage send one or two extra stamps ( you almost always end up getting more then sent in)

2.Add your screen name to ALL packs of seeds ( It sure would have made my life much easier)

3. Add your screen name to the ENVIE and to a letter inside. ( It took a lot of time to locate names, to screen names)

4. TAPE your seed envies closed. There were many envies leaking seeds.

5. Send in a little larger envie, for room for extras.

THANKS AGAIN for being patient with me, and I truly hope you all find a few seeds that make you smile. I hope to see you next year, for the swap !

o
Seeds are happy to be on their way HOME

Here is all the seeds ready to be placed in the envies and come home to you....

o

Yippeee! look at all those bags full o' flowers and edibles!! :) I can hardly wait, thanks so much for working so hard on this!

~Wendy

o

yay!!

o

Kym has done an awesome job. I'm sooo excited while awaiting the arrival of the seeds!

o

Mean Mean Mean, Kym. That LOL wasn't nearly large enough.

Thank you so much for this swap, I am so excited. If I was short on postage at all please let me know. I can't remember how much I sent in anymore.

Can you tell I hate waiting. :)

o

Thu, Mar 19, 09 at 20:36

Congrats Jaynine!! : )

I can't wait to get my pkg. and see what goodies I got!
Remy

o

LoL I can't wait . I was looking over one the the other post for a while now and wondered why nobody was posting . duh I read fine print . Hope i didn't miss to much .

The Other

Wendy LoL

o
They are here

I got my seeds, and what a nice selection! Lots of things I wouldn't normally try, but I am especially happy about the Nigella African Bride.

Thanks very much, Kym, and also to everyone who sent in seeds. This was a fun swap.

o

Fri, Mar 20, 09 at 20:28

I got my seeds today too! I received a nice assortment and I think my favorite was the sunflower I got Double Dandy.I actually looked at that at a store and didn't buy it. Oh I loved the Italian peppers too. I'll stop now before I keep listing them, lol.

Kym,
You did a great job!!
Thanks for hosting,
Remy

o

My seeds are here--thanks so much!

o

• Posted by dorisl 5 NW Chicago burbs (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 21, 09 at 16:28

I got mine today and am 100% blown away! Im excited to get Patty Pan Squash and White Tomatoes. How did you know that I needed some lemon cucumbers! Both are new to me. but really, Im overwhelmed by the variety ofseeds than came in.

thanks so much to Kym and to everybody who sent seeds in!

Doris

o

I received my seeds today. Thank you so much I really liked the iranian tobacco how neat! For the flowers of course! lol

o

Hi Kym,

Thank you for sending me such a nice assortment of seeds.
It was sheer pleasure going through them and I am excited about planting them ALL this season! I especially like the Peach Melba Nasturtiums. Kym, thanks a million for your thoughtfulness and all of your time and work on this swap. I'll be sure and sign up for the "3rd Annual Commercial Seed Swap" next season!

Lisa

o

I am really glad to hear you have been happy !!! Boy, is sorting stressful...LOL

Enjoy your seeds, and thanks sooo much for joining, and making this swap soo much fun !!

Jaynine, Ill be getting your "prize" seeds out to you on WED.

o

I got a grand assortment of seeds in my envelope today! Thank you Kym, for hosting this great swap.
Alana

o

I rec'd my seeds today. Thank you so much for the wonerful asortment.

Nichol

o

I got my seeds too, and am very grateful to Kym for being so considerate of my tiny growing space!

I received a fascinating assortment, including plenty of small and dwarf plants. It's impossible for me to pick just one favorite.

Some of the most exciting seeds I got include:

2 Dwarf Tomatoes- including "Polish Dwarf". SUPER AWESOME! :)

A rare solid red Romaine lettuce named "Silvia." Totally thrilled to have received this one! :)

Nasturtium "Dwarf Cherry Rose" - Wanted to buy this at first, but reluctantly passed it over to save some money. Glad you sent it to me, because I LOVE it!

Kym,
You made my day!!
Thanks for hosting,
Grovespirit

o

I got my seeds today too. I am really excited about the rosemary, blue star morning glory and red star, Gloria cosmos and verbena moss seeds.

Thank you for the assortment, I was so excited to see that envie poking out of the mail box.

o

Kym,

All I can say is WOW..... I recieved my seeds today and I can't believe how many extras you sent me. I was one of the people with a small envelope. I'll know better next time. Thanks for all your hard work. I got alot of new things to try but my ALL Time Favorite was the Clarkia. I planted them last year from a trade and loved them. I didn't have any seeds this year. They were the one flower I really wanted to plant. Thanks again and if you host it again next year I'm in.
Linda

o

I am sooooooo releived that you all are happy with your envies...LOL

I hope you all have the BEST gardens this season, and I look forward to seeing you all in the swap next season..AND on the forums.

Be looking out for some good commercial seeds for next season !!!

I hope the rest of the envies will be recd today !!!

Happy Mailboxing !

Kym

o

I received my goodie bag,wow,i am blow away with all the different seeds i received,i did not send in that many,but i sure did get a lot in return,thank you all for your giving spirit,and Kym,for working so hard on this swap,i know there is no way i could do it.
My favorit was the Lavender,i wanted to try this so bad,i did receive a few in my first trade,but they were not for my zone,this time it was, and i just sowed them this morning.Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

One thing i was not sure of,when the swap said commercial seed,i thought we had to buy the seed,so that is what i did,sent in the whole packs,is it proper to send traded commercial seed?

At the beggining of this trading-swaping,i thought you should sow every thing some one sent to you,and it was not "nice" to trade a gifted seed,i have since found out,that is what ya all do,ha ha,thus,so many seeds in your stash.

I am still not sure how you do the Birthday thing,is it ok, to send small re-packed seeds to you for your Birthdays?
Or should the packs be unopened,and bought?

I am going through my seeds again right now,gotta see what else i can do up today.

Thanks again every one,this really is a great way to spend a rainy day.
cAROL

o

Carol, for the BIRTHDAY SWAP, any seeds from trades, or your garden, or commercial are welcomed.

For this swap, it needed to be commercial seeds only from 08 and 09. It was preferred that they were ones YOU bought, but you were suppose to send in "leftovers" hence the name..LOL SOO, you should have planted some, and sent some in.

If You ever have questions, feel free to email me ! Id always be willing to help .

If someone sent in a WHOLE pack of seeds for this swap, I sat and repacked them..that is how I was able to send soo many back.

o

Thanks Kym,
I should have asked,but i just thought we were to sow all seeds we received,and were suppose to buy all the others,ha ha.
Oh well, now i know,i bet there are others out there who do not know how to do the trade-swap,thing.
Is there a site i do not kow about that explaines all the the rules?
Thank you Kym,
cAROL

o

Kym, I received my pkg on Monday, WOOHOO!!! THANKYOU so very much!!! I am so excited over these, this turned out to be a wonderful swap! You did a fantastic job sorting them all too! :)

HUGS!
~Wendy

o

Thanks Kim,

I enjoy the selection you sent. Sorry about the loose seeds.

Tammy

o

Received seeds. Great assortment--many,many extras.Thanks again. Frank

o

Kym,
I got my prize today--wow--I'm thrilled!! Thanks so much!

o

Got my seeds Thank you .

Wendy

o

Hi:

I rec'd my seeds last week and was so, so, so surprized at the assortment, didn't expect all those little packages.My goodness there were so many. Thank you so very much. Tomorrow I'm gonna hustle to get many in jugs.
I really liked getting " kiss me over the garden gate". I heard they were hard to grow so we'll see.

Donna mae

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here