Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hummingbirddaisy

APRIL ~HoRtIhOliCs AnOnYmOuS~ 'Garden Party'

hummingbirddaisy
17 years ago

Welcome to Our First Garden Tea/Coffee Party! It is FINALLY time to start playing in the dirt again!

This month, you choose who you would like to send to. Please remember that some of us are vegetarian so please be aware when picking out yummies for your gardening friend this month :-)

HAPPY EASTER! Is anyone going to color eggs and do an Easter Egg Hunt this year? Do any of you decorate for Easter?

I can't wait to hear about everyones plans this month!!!

It's time to forget what "house cleaning" means, LoL. Vacuuming? What? I have dirt to play in! No time for silly things like vacuuming!!!! :-)

May the start of spring bring us all lots and lots of blooms and color our gardens like a rainbow.

Love and hugs to each of you

Comments (125)

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

hello
    well it has started to warm up and some of my plants look like they will be ok, the daylilys,coneflowers and peonys look fine all the tulips are standing up again, the pansies are still blooming ( you'd think they had little heaters), the only total loss are the bleeding hearts, I think the sedums will come back and the columbines are looking better. my deepest condolences to those that have suffered many losses this spring.

Mariann- I got the seeds you sent, thank you very much, you sent so many lettuce seeds. I will re-plant the peas tonight, and the lettuce on thursday.
    we went last night as reset or poles for the peas and pushed the onions back in the ground. thank you very very much for sending them.

Micke- how are the hostas? do you have any special requests for this month? I'm a little behind this month but I will make it worth it, we will be going to Springfield, IL on thursday and there is a great garden center there with a tropical greenhouse, I'll take a list of the plants on your wants list and see if there is anything you would like.

hope everyone is doing well
    michelle

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Deb,Your Easter feast sounded marvelous : )

Michelle,Great news about your plants.I was out today and think alot of the ones I thought were doomed will be back as soon as the weather evens out.Thats what my 92 year old neighbor tells me.I figure he should know as he has seen alot of springs like this.He is such a neat man.

Chelty2,Nice to meet you.Just send an email to Tina and she will get you squared away : )

Speaking of Tina..Where the heck you at girl???

Better go start supper.
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• micke
    16 years ago

No requests, anything is fine.
    My bleeding hearts bit the dust as well:( the hostas well... some of them made it but any of the ones that were all flushed out with leaves look real bad, I wonder if I should cut all that off so they don't put any energy into the damaged leaves?? My mother thinks we will have one more freeze before April is out and she is real good about being right in her weather predictions so I really don't want to do too much of anything until this cold is gone.
    well I need to get ready for bed, this cold or flu or allergies or whatever I have has got me beat:(

• galium
    16 years ago

Michelle (micyrey) you're welcome for the seeds hope they help. I still haven't planted my peas yet. The weather has been so cold and nasty here.

micke and nancy-Talk about a jungle....I just received another box of plants, this one is from Forest Farm. I have them all lined up in our back room by the door. Also received a box of plants from a trade. They are in the dining room. Now what????? It is cold and nasty. We're suppose to get possible snow this week-end. The next nice day we have I'll be digging holes from dawn til dusk. This weather is so depressing... I don't even dare look at my WS containers for fear that the seedlings are all frozen.

Where is everyone?????

Hugs,
    Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I'v just been too buisy potting up baby plants. with all the warm weather in march I started more seeds thinking I would be able to plant them out soon, now they are growing out of there little pots.

sorry micke I will be getting your box out tuesday. one more question do you like feeding birds/hummingbirds?

love ya
    michelle

• dawiff
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I am back from jolly olde England, arrived back yesterday. I really expected Spring to have at least made a start while I was gone, but when I got back my first question was "Who stole Spring?" What a shock it was! England is several weeks ahead of us, so it was all green and luscious, flowering trees everywhere, magnolias just bursting with flowers, daffodils growing and flowering everywhere, at the sides of roads like wildflowers!

What do I have here? Nothing but a few brave crocuses daring to stick their little heads above the ground...what a bummer!

I think I gained about 10 pounds while I was away, and I wish I meant the English money. Too much fish and chips!

Heather, I looked and looked in every shop I went into for Pez and Pez dispensers, but couldn't find anything. Sorry. All the stores were full of Easter candy. But I did bring back a few things suitable for a garden party that you can't find here on this side of the pond, and that I think you will like. Now I'm busy trying to put the rest of the box together.

The grocery stores all had seed racks like they do here, and I was sooooooo tempted to just buy a few packets, but I knew that if customs found them I'd be a dead duck.

MIL is doing well, her spirits flag sometimes, but she has made great progress on her physical therapy.

Anyway, I thought I'd check in and let everyone know I was back. I'm still a bit jet-lagged, my time sense is all messed up.

I'm sorta caught up a bit on the goings on while I was away. Glad Micke is staying with us.

Also glad Julie and her girls liked the box I sent last month.

Alison

• micke
    16 years ago

I have never had anything to feed birds or hummers with, I love them and love to watch them, but just never got around to getting anything to feed them with, well hubby could do without the Cardinals, they love my weigela bush and it is right on the corner of the house right by the bedroom wiindow, and as he is a light sleeper, when he has a chance to sleep in he gets much irritated to be woke up by that cute little noise they make (he can imitate it perfectly, it is hilarious)
    Deb I am trying to work on your box this weekend (if the darn storms would ever let up!) how is the weather up your way?? Is it safe to send live plants now or should I wait another week or so? I have many ideas on what I want to send, but concerned about the weather. where in the world do you find Varigated Monstera, cause I want some too!! Oh another question, did you ever get any regular Monstera???
    anyhoo I need to get off here and get my tired bones to bed, I can't believe how wore out I have been, I am wondering if I will ever get used to this job and return from the dead to feeling human again.
    Got to add something else, maybe you all will find it humourous, all the girls at work laughed when I told them, maybe it was my tone and voice inflictions when I told it but anyway, Travis had taken the boys to have their hair cut yesterday leaving me a hour of pure quiet and bliss, well I took the opportunity to pull my Arrowhead off the top of the entertainment center to water it in the sink, keep in mind this sucker weighs about 20 lbs, well they got home sooner than expected so I needed to start on dinner, I pulled it out of the sink and rushed it over to put it back where it belonged, hurrying because I was afraid it still might be dripping a bit and wanted to get it back in it's water catcher before I dripped any water on the wood, well I ran smack dab into a steel 60lb weight laying on the floor in front of the T.V, I did however manage to get my plant safely in it's spot before collapsing on the floor, Travis said it looked like I was in fast forward when I hit the thing, let me tell you that hurts on bare toes! Thought I broke my foot, I laid on the floor for about 10 minutes before I could even get up and hobble to the bed where I laid for another 30 minutes until the pain abated, and guess what?? It was MY fault I stubbed my toes on HIS weight, why in the world did he lay them there? The weight bench is on the opposite side of the room!
    Oh well at least I have it better than my sister in law, she has a Harley Davidson in the middle of her dining room, my brother likes to build his bikes in the comfort of his home, wondering what the garage is for!?!

dawiff, glad you made it back safe and sound, how was the flight?? that is always first on my mind when I hear about people taking long trips, I really, really despise flying, scares the crud out of me, I have to take some stuff just so I can stay calm, think I left my fingernails in that one armrest.........

• micke
    16 years ago

Heather, does your last name start with a M??? If it does you need to check out the conversations forum at the plant exchange:) wasn't for sure, but thought I would let you know

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Alison,Glad to have you back in the states.Sounds like you had a wonderful time.So happy to hear your dear MIL is doing a little better.

Micke,Wow,How is your foot now?That had to hurt like a bugger.Are you sure you didn't break anything?
    I had to chuckle about your hubby and the cardinals.My hubby used to be that way too but now he worries about them if he don't hear them all the time.Funny how age changes a person.When he was younger they drove him nuts(especially when he was napping)LOL

Michelle,Did you get all your baby plants potted up?I need to do that one of these days.They are overtaking my basement shelves.Can't wait to get them all potted up and moved out.

Mariann,Is your weather still so nasty?I have been thinking about you and all those plants you received.I bet it does seem like a jungle.Hope your weather has gotten better so you can work with them soon.I know how you feel.We are finally warming up here and I should be able to plant some of mine out this week.Then I will pray we don't get hit by another hard freeze.I get so tired of hauling blankets in and out of the house to cover things.

I received an email from Tina this past Thursday.I feel so bad because I have gotten so many emails it pushed hers onto page 2 so I missed it.Good thing I decided to clean emails tonight.Anyway...Tina said she is having trouble posting on the site.She said to tell you she loves and misses us all and will be back on as soon as she can get her posts to go through.I notice they have been working on the site and read there may be problems so hopefully that is whats happening.

Chelty2 we would still love to have you in the group.Tina said..If you want you can email me and I will get you squared away to join us in next months swap.

Well ladies I helped hubby trim brush and do cleanup today so my hands are screaming for mercy..just like the rest of my body..LOL I would love to type somemore but my hands won't have it. : (
    Hope you all have a Great Week!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I realy hope I can get some trays out this week. I have potted up most of the seedlings bet I have ran out of shelf room and I'm now puting them on the floor. my morning glories and patunias are starting to bloom, silly flowers:)
    I need to redo some of my hanging baskets, forgot them outside, oops.
    well off I go to get everyone dressed
    by for now
    michelle

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Micke,
    Sorry about the delay in posting. I've been busy as usual. The kids were off for spring break last week and my Daughter had practice (for softball) every day last week. Even though the school is closed, the coaches were there each day. So, it really wasn't a break from school at all.

Glasshouse works has variegated Monstera. ;)
    Deanie sent me a large/huge leaved Monstera (the kind that you have growing on a moss pole). I don't have the smaller leaved 'basket' Monstera yet. I love hanging houseplants! I have a 10 yr old cat that loves to taste test most of my plants, so hanging plants work out very well for me!

Tina emailed me today, She's having trouble logging on to GW. Hopefully, with in the next few days (after all the GW upgrades) She'll be back with us again!

We MISS YOU TINA! ;)

Deb

• dawiff
    16 years ago

Just wanted to log in quick and let you all know that Heather/scouttiegirl is also having trouble getting onto GW. Sounds like a power outage fried her puter somehow and she has been trying to use her kid's to get online, but it has trouble handling all the ads here. We did a quick email, I am still putting her box together, but the month ain't over yet, right? LOL

Heather said to tell all the girls Hi and that she will be back on shortly.

As for me, I've been having a devil of a time getting over the jet lag from my trip. I think my brain is finally back on Eastern Standard Time now, though. I'm taking most of the morning catching up on three episodes of 24.

Hello to everyone from me, too!

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I was wondering where everyone was, hope they will be back soon.

micke - your box is on its way, it should not take too long to get there, I could be there in 5 hours.
    DC# 0306 3030 0003 2769 3117

I'll be back later I want to get out in the sun :)
    michelle

• galium
    16 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that Jennifer (jentongrows) is MIA from the GW. I asked Tina to email her and she received no response. Her last post was over 2 weeks ago. As it stands GW members are stepping in to cover her swaps.

Julie-Jen was suppose to send to you this month and Tina was suppose to send to Jen. It might be a good idea to contact Tina and possibly send to each other.

I personally have never seen anyone disappear from the GW before. Although I'm fairly new here. My first inclination is that something happened to her and/or her family. All I can do is keep her in my thoughts.

Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Mariann,
    I don't know Jenn well enough to say anything. I do know that once in a while GW members do disappear. For what reasons, who knows.

I hope Jenn's ok.. I wish she could just post a quick email or post and let everyone know.

I'm going to email Tina later and ask a few questions about Jenn's email return. Usually when the email is returned it gives a reason. Some common reasons are, the mail box is full or email address changed. I'm sure everyone can see the difference between the two explanations.

I'll be back later.

Tina sent a group email to everyone, did everyone get it?

Deb

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

I don't know what to make of Jenns disappearance either.Hope shes ok.I need to go check my email.I am sure if Tina sent it its there.Thanks Deb

Mariann, When I talked to Tina last night she said she would just send to Julie and Julie can send to her.I forgot to post that last night.

Well I am off to read my emails.
    Have a great Evening Everyone : )
    Nancy

• micke
    16 years ago

95.00???????? Wow don't think I will be getting a varigated Monstera any time soon:(, and may I say thank you very much for that website:) I love finding new houseplants to drool over, entertainment for me for hours!
    Okay deb, I think I can come up with something that will go in a hanging basket:) Can I send live plants now??? Let me know, I want to ship by Saturday, getting late in the month, can you believe the month is already half over? unbelievable!

Nancy, the foot is still sore, but manageable, must of just stubbed it though, I am however milking it for all it's worth:)
    micke

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Micke,

I think it would be safe to ship plants. Monday's low is 49*. I'll let you know for sure with in a day or two, after I check the updated weather for next week.
    Variegated Monstera is expensive! I only need a little strand! ;)

Tina sent a new link by email for the board. Did everyone receive it? If not, let me know...

Deb

• scouttiegirl
    16 years ago

Hi Girls!!! I am back up and running! My computer was down for abit, but it is all fixed. I won't be a stranger now.

Alison~Glad you had a nice trip. Too bad the weather was bad when you returned. At leaste it was nice while over there and you got to enjoy some English blooms! Glad to hear your MIL is feeling a bit better. Hope that jet lag gets better soon. I have never had to experience that before. Can't imagine trying to get used to a time change that severe.

Nancy we have had awful weather here, but on one of the nice days last week, actually the only nice day, I dug up a few things I wanted to send. I have had them in pots in the house waiting for them to wake up. I will have your package in the mail tomorrow. I think you will really like it...hehehehehehe..snicker snicker......

I have been reading all the post about Jenn. I really hope everything is alright with her and her family. Does anyone know her address to get ahold of her that way. I hope she hasn't received any bad ratings on the ratings forum. I should go check it out to make sure she hasn't. Maybe someone might not know something may have happened.

Tina hope your gardenweb problems are solved soon so you can drop in and say Hi. I did get the emails you sent.

Well Ladies the weather here in NY is finally coming around. It is gonna be in the high 50's this weekend!!!! Maybe even in the 60's!!!! I can't wait! The last snow fall is almost melted away. I see green again. Hoping my tulips will still bloom.
    Hope everyone else is doing well. Talk to you all soom~Heather

• daisy71love
    16 years ago

This looks like a really awesome group! Mind if I join in on all the fun? ;-)

I will send an e-mail with all my information.

Thanks, and Hugs
    Daisy

• daisy71love
    16 years ago

BTW, I am a friend of hummingbirddaisys. She said to just introduce myself here, so here I am!!!! I also sent an e-mail. I'll be passing on her messages for her until she is able to post again.
    You all know where to look for the personals.

Hugs,
    Daisy

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hi all
    daisy - welcome! we are glade to have you. I got your e-mail will you be taking over hosting this group? since you don't know us all very well yet maybe we could all take turns matching up partners. let me know when you get your questionair set up so we can check it out :)

I can't wait till I start planting, and the local garden centers are holding their open houses this weekend, I'm gonna see is I can get my DH to give me just a little more money to get some MORE plants.

see ya
    michelle

• micke
    16 years ago

I got my box today:)
    thank you so much Michelle:)
    this is what I got, a HUGE better homes and gardens Garden Doctor book, collapisible wire basket colander (something I have always wanted but never gotten) 3 different boxes of tea, 2 hummingbird feeders, hummingbird food, a persian sheild and a birds nest fern:) thank you so much, so awesome. I have been wanting a birds nest fern as well, and I just love the persian sheild, don't think I have even seen that before.
    thank you, thank you:)
    micke

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hi
    micke - I'm so glade the plants made it ok, I'm not real good at house plants, but birds-nest fern I know. I have a giant one in my frog tank. I know it is small they had a large one but I did not know how well it would ship.
    I'm glade you enjoyed the gifts.
    have a great day
    michelle
    ps I'll be in the chat room till about 7pm
    if anyone wants to chat

• micke
    16 years ago

I think the small one is fabulous, and it will grow to be bigger then the large one, it means much more to me to start out with a small one and to make it grow, and to remember the person who sent it to me as it grows, then to recieve a mature plant:)
    (thank you for the card as well, forgot to mention that, oh and I don't think a drop of dirt was spilled:)
    micke

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    micke- you should as ask sguanzon about my first plant trade (if she remembers) she said there was dirt everywhere(in a nice way) I have gotten better at packing since then.
    michelle

• galium
    16 years ago

I've just spent 2 days digging in the soil. Finally have my peas in....didn't think that would happen. I took a few pictures even though not much is up yet.

White Bleeding Heart

Magnolia in partial bloom

Star Jasmine

Wreath I made for my front door

Daffodils

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• micke
    16 years ago

Well you should ask Nancy about the time I tried to ship a bunch of little succulents in with a Cactus, let us just say the cactus won:(

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Mariann,I love all your pics.That magnolia is amazing.Do those blooms have a scent?I have never seen a real magnolia tree so I have no idea.Oh that wreath you made is beautiful.I wish I were craftier.I try but it never turns out like it looks in the photos.

Micke,LOL ahhh...yess!!*Shredder* the cactus is doing great.I just Love that guy!!.He sure didn't like those other guys in the box though! lol..lol..lol. You know that cactus is soo special to me.I think of you every time I look at it.And I mean that in a very special nice friend way ; )Hey don't feel bad.. you know what everyone? I still have things that escape from time to time in boxes no matter how well I pack.You just never know when something will try and make a break for it.Makes me so mad but ya just gotta face its going to happen once in awhile to everyone.

Well I got so much accomplished yesterday.We mowed,weedwacked and Hubby tilled my garden again and a few new beds and I got to play in the dirt all day.Things are looking up.My kinda day.Of course today I am so sore I can't hardly move but oh it is soo worth it.

Do any of you have any raised beds? I am thinking of putting a couple in.I bought the corner pieces now I just need to go get the wood.If any of you have raised beds how do you like them?

Well its raining today so I am going to play with my houseplants thisafternoon.I bought some new hoyas,philos, and streps and some need new pots.

Well I better go get something done.I hope you all have a nice day : )

Hugs,
    Nancy

• galium
    16 years ago

Nancy you can grow some magnolia's where you live. Mine is Magnolia x soulangeana hardy to Z4. There is also Magnolia stellata-star magnolia hardy to Z4 also. There are others also and different cultivars.

I coerced my DH to help me yesterday dig the soil in my veggie garden. Now he's all tired out today.........Poor baby. All that wet weather really set me back.

Alison I'll be mailing your box out either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hi
    jeremy is doing better he went to the hospitol sat for an IV infusion, and I have been limiting his food intake. he has been keeping his food down now for over 24hrs.
    unfortunently since he was so sick this weekend I missed out on the good weather. maybe later today if he is still doing better.
    I did put out the rest of my plants from the basement only to have to cover them, the TV kept saying "severe th. strm." "hail" "60mph winds" so I ran around the yard covering, stashing, and hiding all the plants. and the storm fizzled. so I need to go out later and pull them all back out.
    well thats all for now
    michelle

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Heather...Thank You!!! I have been looking for a football mum like my mother used to grow 4-ever.I don't know where the heck you found one but I owe you Big Time!Oh in case anyone was wondering what the heck I am talking about..my box arrived from Heather and can't ya tell I love it?LOL I also received 2 different bee balms I have never had.Can't wait to get these in the ground.I adore the Love Grows Here Plant Stake.Also..and I am almost out of breath over this one... I am a puple martin landlord and they are just now flying back for the nesting season and Heather sent me an S-K Purple Martin Gourd House.I have had the gourd rack for sometime but never any gourds to put on it....woo hoo..Now I Do!! I already put it up.Looks Great ; ))I can't wait to see the look on their little faces when they see this.Bet they will be fighting over it.Well now I am going go out and get the plants in the ground then I am going to to whip up some of the raspberry tea she sent me and grab one of those candy bars and go sit on the patio and get ready to watch them fly in.Thank You So Much Heather,Your box really made my day.

Hugs,
    Nancy

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I am so late getting things out this month! Since April 1st we've been painting and tiling the whole house. In fact practically everything I own was in my carport and on my back patio until yesterday. The painter finally came back and touched up after the tile was laid now I can put things back. Even though it's been really chaotic I highly recommend it for now I'm getting rid of a lot of clutter and junk and just bringing back in and putting in place the things I really want to keep.

My poor plants I've just about neglected them I've been so distracted with everything else. Luckily the weather has stayed in the 70's and 80's -- but 90's are coming late this week and then we won't see these nice temps any more.
    :(

I'll get my box out this week Mariann sorry I hope you didn't think I forgot about you!

• scouttiegirl
    16 years ago

Nancy I am so happy you liked the box. I was out shopping with my kids and they are the ones who saw that martin house when we were at Lowes. I thought it would be perfect! Hope the plants grow well for you. The jacob kline beebalm is my favorite. The flowers are huge and it is taller and mildew resistant. Mine is more well behaved than the others too. The blue stocking can spread a bit so watch that one. It is very pretty also. Here are what they look like in bloom:

Jacob Kline:

Blue Stocking:

I didn't get a pick of the mum while it was in bloom, but I got it last year at Bluestone. They still have it on their site if you want to see what it looks like.

Hope everyone is doing well. It has been gorgeous here. We were outside all day yesterday taking down the chainlink fence to open up the yard and put in stockade fencing. We got about half of it done.
    Will try and get back on later. Gotta get the kids ready for school. ~Heather

• dawiff
    16 years ago

Oh, beautiful pics of your bee balm, Heather! I really like that Blue Stocking.

I'm doing ok, although didn't sleep well last night. Just fitful, ya know. Never really got any deep restful sleep. Now this morning I'm still groggy. But slowly waking up. Coffee helps.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is late getting her package out. I have so many things I want to send, and not sure if I have a big enough box. I think I just may need to send two boxes! I'm also waiting on a couple of things that I ordered after I got back from England. Hoping they come this week, cause the end of the month is coming on fast now, isn't it?

Well, I think I am going to go out and clear the winter debris out of some beds and maybe pull a couple of weeds. Yes, I already have weeds. Where the heck do they come from?

• galium
    16 years ago

Alison I just mailed your box. You should have it by Saturday.

DC# 0306 1070 0005 0859 1601

Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I wanted to send my box out, but it's still a little too chilly (40*) for live plant material so, I'm holding off until Monday. The weather is warming up again in the 80's beginning next week.

Deb

• dawiff
    16 years ago

Mariann,

Your box of plants arrived today! What a thrill to get plants to put straight in the ground! I had just finished weeding a large patch of my driveway bed, so they all went straight in there for now, with their markers. I'm going to move them as soon as I finish building the cat bed. I also wanted to get them straight into the ground, cause it looks like we are about to get 4 straight days of rain.

They were all still in great shape, including the corydalis. I'm going to have to move that in to my rockery, though. I wasn't sure what conditions it needs, but from reading about it on the web, it looks like that will be the right spot for it.

Thanks so much for real live plants. I'm more than thrilled!

It's so wonderful that spring is finally here, but unfortunately, I took advantage of the good weather and spent the day weeding a bed, instead of digging some plants for Heather, which was what I intended.

I have plenty of other stuff to send you, though, Heather, so, have no fear, packages (yes, more than one) will be going out tomorrow! Yes, to-very-morrow! I promised you some live plants, and they too will be going out as soon as the rain stops (unless the weather gurus are lying).

Thanks again, Mariann! Hope everyone has a great evening.

Alison

• scouttiegirl
    16 years ago

Alison you are too funny! To-very-morrow...your killin me...How funny. I can't wait to get it. You don't have to send me 2 boxes. One is very much enough. I too was out today weeding for a bit until the rain came. Now we are supposed to get it for like 3 days straight. I am mad. All my plants are finally coming up and I have all these plans to rework everything and pull out all the extra stuff and well..the list goes on and on....Maybe I will catch up on some Spring cleaning. That way when the rain does stop I can really play outside! Well I am off to bed. Will try and post again tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!~Heather

• dawiff
    16 years ago

Hi Heather!

Ok, one package is on its way! Hope you like it. DC# 0304 1560 0004 0207 9861

Yes, another one is coming too. This one I sent today didn't have room for the things I brought home from England.

Alison

• dawiff
    16 years ago

Heather, Just wanted to let you know that a second box is on its way. DC # 0304 1560 0004 0206 6335. I sent the first one Priority, cause I needed a flat rate box for it. This second one went Parcel Post, so it may take a couple more days. Hope you like it.

Alison

• micke
    16 years ago

Deb, your package is ready to go I will mail it out after work Monday. I hated waiting til the last moment but I didn't want the plants to not make it.
    I will post confirmation as soon as I send it:)
    micke

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Tina's package went out today. USPS #0307 0020 0003 7581 8631.
    I waited for the warmer temperatures to send it because it has plant material in it.

Hope you enjoy it Tina!

Deb

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I am so embarrassed about being so late. I took Mariann's box to the Post Office yesterday but forgot to address it! It will go out today and I will post the DC# later.

I'm usually one of the first to send not the last. I apologize.

Hope you like what I'm sending.

Sue

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Galium,

Your package is on its way! DC # 0306 3030 0001 2176 3641

• scouttiegirl
    16 years ago

Alison your the bomb girl! I got your first box the other day. I haven't had a chance to post. alison sent me many great plates to kick start my mosaic hobbie. I love them. She also sent me a new cutting tool to use for making them. And she also sent a gift certificate to Gardens North and some seeds I have been wanting badly! They were-coleus-super rainbow volcano,alyssum easter bonnet deep rose and wonderland copper,columbine-lime frost and geranium confetti. I can't believe all the goodies you sent me and to think I have another box coming. I feel so spoiled. I am starting these seeds today along with my other annuals. The weather is goreous again here. Alison you really made my day! I just love it all!

• galium
    16 years ago

Sue your box arrived today. I love everything you sent you really out did yourself.

For starters there was a succulent and an impatiens. Also a Sterling Silver Aromatherapy necklace with interchangeable jade stones. An adorable ceramic floral wall hook (I know just where I'm going to hang it). Gladiola's, my most favorite flower. Lavender body wash, a book titled "Garden Of Friendship" featuring the artwork of Thomas Kinkade. I am an art nut.... Last but not least an Aromatherapy Oil's set.

I am overwhelmed Sue, thank you so much.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I received the most wonderful box from bogartbaby on Wednesday! I came home to find this HUGE heavy box and when I opened it the first things that came out were a really nice sweet potato vine (it even had a flower on it!), a pink and green plant really lovely (I can't think of the name of it) and a variegated sage (so beautiful in the pot I put it in). And I received a lot of decor for my gardens -- a decorative painted rock, four really big garden stakes decorated like shovels and hoes, a metal birdhouse looks like a purse, two frogs on rocks and also a victorian like covered box full of flavored coffees and a wonderful golden journal and pen and a simply gorgeous ceramic teapot. I also received the nicest big flat turtle ( I just started collecting turtles - how did you know?!) unfortunately he broke in transit but I'm going to try to fix him.

I loved everything! Thanks so much!

• scouttiegirl
    16 years ago

Ok~I got my second box from Alison, and WOW I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I opened it! I hope you got my email Alison the day I received it in the mail. I sent you a very Big Thank You email because I didn't have time to post that day. I wanted to make sure I had the time to do a proper posting on the wonderful goodies I received. Sometimes my emails don't get thru to gardenwebbers. Hope it did get to you, because I am one happy camper-as we used to say in the day-not sure if people still say that, but that's what I am!
    Where to begin.....let's see....well I have been searching everywhere for these blue bottles. I saw this article in one of my magazines of these gorgeous blue bottles on the ends of bamboo poles stuck in the ground all around a flower bed. I have been wanting to do this to my Son's sensory garden. Thought it would nmake a good sight addition to it. Well I have searched and searched with no luck. The only one I came across was at an antique store and they wanted 12 for one bottle-yeouch! Well when I opened that box there sat not 1 but 6 bottles! Perfect for what I would like to do. I can't wait to set this up. I will have to post pics on our site when everything is grown in around them. She also sent me these fabulous vegetarian cookbooks. I have already enjoyed bookmarking ones that I can't wait to try. I didn't have any of them. I sat down that night with the wonderful coffee you sent from England-very good by the way-I love it-the flavor is so rich-and the yummy chocolates you sent(2 bags of lindors truffles-one dark and one milk-love em). I sat on my backporch and drank coffee and browsed recipes. Very relaxing after a day working. Alison also sent me a book to go with the mosaic supplies she sent before, and she also sent more plates. I really can't wait to get this project rolling. The book is great and will be very useful, as I wasn't sure how to get started. Alison also sent some christmas pudding from England which I am going to try tonight with some more of the coffee-on the backporch of course. She also sent one of my favorite things-garden lions! I love love love garden lions and these are so cool. They are little pot feet sitters. I have the perfect pot to put on them too. It is a large pot I keep my tree rose in. With the rose and old pot it is in, it is the perfect combination with how these little guys look. I will have to get a pic of that too to post on our new site. And she even remembered my kitties. She sent a bag of cat toys. My cats went hog wild over those. My one kitty plays fetch like a dog and he has taken a liking to the dog shaped one. Too funny. Now they can leave me alone after coming in from working in the garden smelling of catnip. Does anyone else's cats do that? Mine are all over me when I come in from outside. I really hope I didn't leave anything out. This box was just so fabulous. Alison you are the best!!! I can't wait to repay your kindness when I have you as my partner to send to. Thank you Thank you Thank you-you truly made my day.~Heather

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Micke,
    Your box arrived today! I'll post tomorrow what was in the box when I have more time.

Deb