Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
APRIL ~HoRtIhOliCs AnOnYmOuS~ 'Garden Party'

Posted by hummingbirddaisy 5a (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 29, 07 at 12:25

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Welcome to Our First Garden Tea/Coffee Party! It is FINALLY time to start playing in the dirt again!

This month, you choose who you would like to send to. Please remember that some of us are vegetarian so please be aware when picking out yummies for your gardening friend this month :-)

HAPPY EASTER! Is anyone going to color eggs and do an Easter Egg Hunt this year? Do any of you decorate for Easter?

I can't wait to hear about everyones plans this month!!!
It's time to forget what "house cleaning" means, LoL. Vacuuming? What? I have dirt to play in! No time for silly things like vacuuming!!!! :-)

May the start of spring bring us all lots and lots of blooms and color our gardens like a rainbow.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Love and hugs to each of you Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: APRIL ~HoRtIhOliCs AnOnYmOuS~ 'Garden Party'

I would like to pick Jenn to send to this month.

It is chilly and wet here today. We are suppose to gets storms later on and then for the next 3 days :-( rain.
I knew those 80* days were just too good to be true. All that sunshine............. I may just have to play in the chilly rain, LoL.

Hugs,
Tina

o

Tina,I love the theme for the month : )

I would like to pick "micyrey" to send to this month : ))

You would not believe how much I got done thismorning.LOL Like an "energizer bunny" I am.Uh Oh tho now that I sat down I feel like my batteries are running low.Too bad..Guess I will just get to spend the rest of the day in Slow Mode as usual.

Its raining right now.Much needed and welcome.My tulips are about to open so I am praying the severe storms that we are forcasted for later today fizzle out.I have never actually seen a tulip I planted bloom.Maybe this will be the year!!

Well I better go do a little more before I completely useless.If I sit at the computer too long thats what happens. LOL
Have a Great Day Everyone : ))
Nancy

o

I'm going to pick Heather. I'll see if I can find a cool British Pez dispenser, and I know I can come up with loads more cool stuff to send her! And if I send treats, I will take a good look at the ingredients and make sure they are suited to vegetarians. As long as she doesn't mind waiting till the second half of the month....

Alison

o

Happy almost April.

I'll send to Alison this month. I've been racking my brain trying to remember who I've sent to. Alison I know you're going away so I'll send the box when you return.

Mariann

o

I would like to send to Nancy this month.

Nancy I sure hope you get to see your tulips bloom this year. They are my favorite spring bulb. I see mine starting to break ground now. You will have to let me know if you are a coffee or tea drinker.

Alison-you are too cool. I will gladly wait to receive a box till the second half of the month. Well worth the wait. You have a safe trip overseas. Enjoy your Easter.

Tina I am afraid I just can't send the sun back to you just yet. It is the first time I have enjoyed it for so long. It is leaving again on Saturday and then rain again. Maybe then it will head back to you. Until then, I'm afraid I am just gonna be a little greedy with it-hehehehee

~Heather

o

Where do I find our list of people again?

o

I am so excited!!! Where do I find the list of people so I can pick who I send to?

Jenn

o

I will send to Julie this month. She was one of my first seed trades and I would love nothing more than to give her a package full of yummies for being so generous.

Julie, If there is anything else I should know (likes/dislikes) that isn't on your info page please let me know.

Tina, this will be my first real month with all of you wonderful people at hort anom. Is there anything that I should know or be doing?

Thanks,

Jenn

o

Nancy,

I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE tulips. I couldn't plant them at my old house becuase the skunks and other critters dug them up. I wanted to plant them at the new house in the fall but didn't get time. I am going to do it this year. Can't wait!!! The only problem I will have is trying to decide what colors to choose from.

You MUST post pics when they bloom.

jenn

o

Sue,Sguanzon here are our members.I figured it would be easier for me to post them here then try and give directions to the webpage they are on.LOL
bogartbaby
cedarnest
dawiff
debbya
galium
hummingbirddaisy
jenntongrows
micke
micyrey
scouttiegirl
sguanzon
tastefullyjulie

Oh scouttiegirl is sending to me. I am so excited : ) I love raspberry tea : ))
Jenn and Heather.You know..I have always loved tulips and my mother and sisters always had gorgeous ones.I am just so jazzed about mine actually being up and ready to bloom very soon so barring any hard freeze I should have pictures to post very soon.LOL I am so excited you would think I just gave birth or something.hee hee I can't even remember what I all planted.I have maps of my beds somewhere with a diagram and names where everything is planted so I just need to find it( good thing because the markers I had by them disappeared over the winter...hope that squirrel is happy with all those markers in his house)
Well I better get off here and get my dishes done.Hope you all have a great evening : )
Hugs,
Nancy

o

hello
I have not swaped with micke/michelle yet so I'll pick her.

my tulips are getting ready to pop, I have been enjoying my daffs, they smell very nice.
at lowes I found large dish type pots full of tulips (16 in each) ready to open, for only $4 each I got a red and a purple. after they bloom I will put the purples in my butterfly garden, its all in purple and yellow.

I got a great trade of hardy bamboos today I have been looking for some of these for a long time, now I have 5 diffrent kinds YAY!! I of course planted them in pots I do want to have things in my yard other than bamboo.

later gals
micyrey

o

About the Bamboo... Keep it in the pots.

One of the people that live across the street has some of the hardy bamboo now almost everyone on that side of the street has it. I think it is driving the guy directly across the street from me to drink... By the end of last summer he was outside just rubbing his forehead. (he is the one on the block with the perfect lawn) I mean perfect like he must edge it with scissors. It seemed like everytime he went in the house a shoot of bamboo popped up somewhere in his yard.

jenn

o

hi
Jen - I first learned about bamboo when I was 10 years old, we moved into a new house with a large stand of giant bamboo, the canes were 2" across and about 20' tall every year we had to chop and dig and ground to keep it under control. one tree trimer said we should dinamite it. as a child I loved it, I made my self a small hole and then a good size "cave" inside and would hide out in it. no one ever found me when I was in there. I will deff. keep these bamboos in the pots and devide them when the pots get too crouded.

michelle/micke - do you drink coffee or tea or nether?
let me know
micyrey

o

I'll pick Tina!
Wow, have I been busy! I spent an entire day cleaning the kids rooms! It feels great to have those two rooms accomplished! I cleaned everything from the carpets to the walls/blinds, windows!
It's still too muddy to really dig in the yard, and more rain is expected for the next couple of days. Hopefully, the storms miss us and the yard dries out a little more. Snow showers are expected on Wednesday! This weather is really strange! It was hot and 80* for a couple of days last week, but rained almost every day too!

Off to the store to stock up on breakfast things for the weekend!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Yeah!!! I've been picked, LoL
Thank you Deb!

Micyrey - What varieties of Bamboo do you have? Take some pics. Are there any hardy bamboos to zone 5?

Nancy - I have a bunch of tulips up, but none with buds yet. I do have some daff's that are ready to bloom. I don't think any of the ones I planted last fall have emerged yet. I hope they made it. I had them planted with some hyacinths that I don't think made it.

OH! Deb - The China Tulips that you sent me are up and looking beaUtiful! I am so excited about those!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn - I think you are doing everything you are suppose to be :-)
You come and post and hang out with us!!!! That is the most important thing I think. Just being apart of the group!
As far as sending, a rule of thumb is just to send a package that you would be happy to receive. Hope that came out right?????????? Oh, and I would reccomend sending with a DC# just to be a bit safer. It takes the responsibility off of you if the package never arrives. Clear as mud? LoL
I think you'll be just fine :-)

I reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy need to go clean, but I just don't want to. It's one of those "lazy" days.

Deb - Come and clean my kids rooms will ya! LoL Be sure to bring an army with you if you plan to survive ;-)

OK, I MUST go clean something................

Hugs,
Tina

o

hi
tina - yes 4 out of 5 of the bamboos are hardy in Z5 I just got them from a guy in indiana and he is in the same zone as I am, I don't have picks they are still dorment but I can see canes starting from the roots.
they arent all named but there is a flowering one, 15' tall one, japanese arrow bamboo, and clumping. if you are interested I'm shure the way bamboo spreads I will have some runners I can send you.

I picked some of my hyacinths tonight and they are making the bed room smell sooooooooooooooo good. I need to plant more of these. I need to devide my daffs this year, dose anyone know when the best time is to do this?

good night everyone
micyrey

o

I have been picked, whoohoo. Has Debbya been picked yet? I don't think I have sent to her yet.
Are we going to do this choosing thing every month?? I may of missed out on something here (airhead alert)
My tulips are up and blooming in force, I have 2 that popped up that are so totally amazing! they are yellow with fringe on the petals, I don't remember buying those so they must of been two that I scavanged from that house that one time (yes I had permission, the owners moved and the new people wanted no flowers, wound up with a ton of stuff from that haul!). Tomorrow if I can get some better pics (it was storming this evening) I will post them, the ones I took came out yuck! still trying to master that camera.
In fact my Hostas are coming up REALLY well, have lots of unfurled leaves already:) Also I have 1 iris blooming, out of all those darned iris only one is doing anything yet! humph!
I am going to go tomorrow and scope out the garden centers, see if anyone has hostas out yet, so excited to see all this green stuff, I love Spring!!

Michelle ,I do drink tea, I like the flavored ones real well
Hubby drinks coffee so usually if anything like that comes in my boxes he nabs it, so it is all good either way:)
micke

o

hello
micke most of what you have on your list are house plants, is there any outside plants you would like other than hosta and hen and chicks?
I hope you don't mind that your box will be sent the 2nd half of the month I need to get two boxes done with my boys for the kid swap I'm doing. I was only going to have timmy do a box but I had a last minuet sign up and had to drop in jeremy to trade with them, but that is ok the more the marrier. so this week I need to work on the kids boxes.

micyrey

o

Ok I have a question. Hopefully someone will know the answer.

I came to va this weekend to help my parents clean out my grandparents house (they are in assisted living)
We will be renting the home.

The yard has plants.... YEAH!!!

My mom said I could dig them up and take them home since it looks overrun and the tennants will probably dig them up and toss them

I know I can dig the roses and lilies but there are tons of irises.
They have not bloomed yet. Some are just starting to bud. Will this harm them if I dig up? I bought some of the HUGE ziploc bags to carry them in. Thought I would dig them up, leaving some dirt on the bottom and put them in the bags. WILL THIS WORK?

Also she has some sort of prickly cactus thing that has grown huge. Tons of little small one's growing off of it. Can I try to take some of this? And id there a way to do it where my habds don't get pricked?

Thanks,

Jennifer

o

Jennifer, Someone else in this group may know irises even better than me, but I would say dig them up anyway. Irises are pretty easy to transplant, I've never lost any to transplanting, but I usually do it after they've flowered. You may lose the flowers this year, in fact, the plants might be better off if you cut them back after you've dug them. I know this means sacrificing any flower buds they already have, but they will flower next year and put all their energy this year into putting down roots in their new spot.

You don't need to save any of the dirt on the roots, in fact, I would gently brush or wash as much of it off and possible.

When you plant them in their new place, plant them just barely under the soil, with the top of the root/tuber actually showing above the dirt.

Sorry I don't know anything about cactuses, but I would recommend thick leather gloves when handling.

Hope that helps.

o

hello jen
on the cactus, if you wrap a few layers of news paper around the cactus befor you dig it it will help to protect not only the spines but your fingers.
but I would still use the gloves and take some tweezers with you :)
have fun scavenging, congrats on all the irises I'm just starting puting together an iris bed. last year I got a small trade of iris early in the spring and she left the buds on them and they still bloomed after I planted them. I thought they would not bloom after being dug, shiped and planted but they did. and they are comming back great this year. let me know if you have enough to trade and if there is anything on my list you want.
micyrey

o

Jenn, irises are usually divided in the fall. However, you can most certainly plant them in the spring. If you go to a garden center they always have them in pots. So why not dig them up and bring them home. No problem

Prickly Pear Cactus-Wear Heavy Gloves........... You do not want to get the thorns in your fingers and hands. They are painful and very difficult to get out.

Have fun,
Mariann

o

Thank You ALL!

I scouted out what I want to take today and decided to dig up tomorrow.

I am getting 4 rosebushes
daffodils
about 50 Irises
various daylilies
the cactus

I can't wait... I decided to bag them in small clumps wrapped in wet paper towels and then put all of the bage in the big storage containers.

I hope this works. I will have some for trades if anyone wants them. My mom says they bloom in different colors but I have no idea which is which or the names of them.

Jenn

o

Jenn, I would trade you for some of the iris and if you have any daylilies you would like to trade I would be interested in them too:) I know I need to update my trade list, I tore it all down earlier in the year and have only put the basics in. Oh on the iris most definitly cut them down, I have done both ways and have had some bloom right after moving, but then they didn't bloom the following year, if these are tricolor you will need to move them every 3 (?) years in order to keep the color, if they aren't moved they will return to the base color.
michelle, I love most all perennials My favorites are Hosta and Daylily, but I am really not picky in that area.

I got a most awesomely awesome deal on plants today!! bought a varigated Hydrangea for 5.47! Got a Southern Magnolia for my mother for 4.97 and the most coolest thing ever(!!!!) I found a HUGE Monstera at Lowes for 8 bucks! they also had a ten inch hanging basket filled with a Philo that I don't have yet, but they wanted 11 bucks for it, so sadly I had to pass:(
must get supper on the table:)
micke

o

Who hasn't been picked yet besides me.... I'm starting to have some self-esteem issues.
SmileyCentral.com

o

Mariann (galium)

I pick you! (I was just about to pick you anyway! And I don't think you are last........cheer up! I've been away from the computer for a couple days or I would have done this earlier!

Sue G.

o

Thank you! Thank you! Sue.

SmileyCentral.com

o

Michelle/Micyrey,I had alot of spare time today..lol. so..Your box is going out in tomorrows mail usps priority # 01038555749922797877

Hope you like : ))
Hugs,
Nancy

o

Here I am, big ol' slacker! I just wanted to pop on in here and post that DH and I are about to sit down and watch one of my top 5 favorite movies which happens to be Election which just happened to be one of the wonderful things in my March box from Alison. I promise I'll still get on here to post everything that was in there. I don't like to complain publicly (yea right) but I've been bogged down with a bunch of problems lately. The short list:
I have a cold.
My sunroom rotted out and started to collapse and now I have a demo team here tearing it down.
My deck is also rotted and that's gotta be replaced (too much freakin rain!!, Who's paying for all this anyway???)
The freezer broke.
I can't remember the last time I did laundry.
My poor seedlings, can you say overgrown.

So sorry I've been MIA but I hope to return very soon if I haven't had a nervous breakdown :)

I'll send to anyone and I love everything Jenn, I'm easy (wait, not like that)

o

hi everyone
WOW Nancy you are on the ball, your infront of the ball, I'm getting behind way behind I need to pack 4 swap and trade boxes today. WHAT AM I DOING ON THE COMPUTER!!!!

jen you are easy too? I have a bad habit of saying that and forgeting how it sounds.

we planted garlic, onions, potatoes, and peas yesterday.

my DH helped me finish my new vegie raised beds over the weekend.

well I need to got out and dig some plants for trade before the rain gets here.
later micyrey

o

Julie how awful. We have been getting a lot of moisture also. Our backroom is leaking big time. It is unfinished and it is where we are putting our sunroom/breakfastroom. The roof is in bad shape and getting worse with all this rain. Around our front door is also rotting. I am embarrassed to say that it is getting so bad that the chipmunks have decided to help it along and have chewed through the wood to make a home. Now there is a hole in the landing for all our visitors to see. I guess we will have to put that one at the top of the to-do list.

Boy Nancy you sure are ahead of the ball...lol.
I am waiting just a little longer to send yours out. I have all the goodies already but I am waiting on a special something in my garden to awaken for you before sending.
Well I am off to go do some housework while the kids are at school. ~Heather

o

Wow, you guys are really moving along here. I was gone for 5 days, I will be out of town on Wed. and Thursday again.
So, who has not been picked yet? Beside myself :(
Sue, has anyone picked you yet? If not, I would like to send to you this month.

o

I don't think I've been picked - I would be honored! Is there more than one Sue here?

o

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ~ Spring Cleaning Time, don't you just love it! LoL

So, has everyone chosen someone to send to this month yet?
Here is a current list of Angels:
bogartbaby
cedarnest
dawiff
debbya
galium
hummingbirddaisy
jenntongrows
micke
micyrey
scouttiegirl
sguanzon
tastefullyjulie

hummingbirddaisy sends to jenn
bogartbaby sends to sguanzon
cedarnest sends to micyrey (already on its way!!!)
dawiff sends to scouttiegirl
galium sends to dawiff
scouttiegirl sends to cedarnest
jenn sends to tastefullyjulie
micyrey sends to micke
debbya sends to hummingbirddaisy
micke sends to debbya
sguanzon sends to galium
tastefullyjulie sends to bogartbaby

Correct? Let me know if I messed that up!

Wow! micke - You got some great deals!!!!! I haven't been to a Lowes or Home Depot in months :-(

Nancy - are you on the ball or what woman!!!!!

It is cold and VERY windy here. We had winds in excess of 60 miles an hour last night and 3 Severe thunderstorms. It hailed 5 times. I even freaked out at one point and drug my kids out of bed and made them go to the basement.
The wind has blown off some of our siding and shingles so far :-(
What is that saying, in like a lion, out like a lamb?? I think that is suppose to be for March though.

Julie - Sorry to hear about everything. When it rains, it pours doesn't it! Chin up young one :-)

I guess it is going to be 3-4 weeks before we start up the remodeling again. I can NOT wait for it to all be completed!!!!

On a sad note, one of my cocketeils passed Sunday morning :-(
He was old. I guess it was just his time.

I've been cleaning like a mad woman again. I can't get outside to do anything. First it rained everyday, and now it is extremely windy and cold out. So, I have been going through each room and picking out things to take to the salvation army, things to trash, things for garage sales/ebay........... I'm trying desperately to simplify things around here. I am still working on NOT being a pack rat. I told myself that keeping all of the kids clothes that are too small isn't doing anyone any good, so I went through and bagged up a bunch to donate. I did the same thing with books and toys. Now if I could talk myself into not saving every single piece of paper they bring home from school, I'd be doing good, LoL. Anyway........... :-)

Is everyone ready for Easter? We are going to color eggs Saturday. I'm fixing Easter Dinner and then we are going to go out to the farm (in-laws) and do an Easter Egg Hunt out there. Didn't do any kind of decoration this year because the house isn't finished. Didn't see any point in it.

Well, I have rambled on long enough.
Hugs!
Tina

o

This weather is driving me crazy! It has been in the 70's and 80's for awhile, now they are saying it is going to get down to freezing tomorrow. My poor hostas:( With around 100 there is no way I have enough sheets to cover them, not to mention anything to hold the sheets down! I am just thankful the tomatoes are still sitting in their little flats and can be carried inside, hubby tried to get me to plant them Sat. boy am I glad I didn't! Now I have to carry back in about 50 houseplants until it warms back up again, it is already down in the lower 60's right now:(
Crazy weather! Sounds like everyone else is getting their share of cruddy weather as well:(

bogartbaby, galium and sguanzon, just so you know I couldn't choose between the 4 of you so I had to put your names in a hat and let my 5 year old draw one, I was going to do the chicken way out and send to the last person picked but Coleton was available so....
I HATE CHOOSING!! Tina you hear that?!? Next time I am going to make you pick my partner, so there! LOL!!!!

Deb, anything in particular that you are wanting?? wish list??
I have not even came close to starting my box, Nancy you are making everyone look bad, lol!!!!
Well time to start the great houseplant recovery wish me luck, that Asparagus fern weighs about 100lbs and my son has his wagon tied up (literally) in his club house, hope I don't get a hernia, would be a shame to have to call in to work (not, maybe I could pretend I got a hernia)
micke

o

hello
I too had to bring my house plants back in, I was thinking about planting my tomatoes last weekend I'm glade I didn't.
my DH begged me not to bring all the plants back in the house, but after nursing them all winter it's bring them in or hook up mini electric blankets for them all.

all my fruit trees are blooming so I hope they will not loose all there fruit buds.

I got all my boxes packed and sent this morning but I'm never going to send 4 boxes in one day again.

stay warm girls
micyrey

o

Micrey/Michelle,I have been scurrying like a mad woman today too bringing all my plants back in.My fruit trees are in bloom too and I am just sick about losing everything to freezing temps but I don't have near enough blankets to cover them all plus all my other plants that are about a foot tall already...I am just sick about it..
Does anyone know how cold it can get before tulips will freeze?They are all ready to open.I can even see what colors they are!!.I am going to scream if I don't get too see them bloom!

Tina,I am so sorry to hear about your one cockatiel.Brings tears to my eyes.Even when they are old there is such a void when they are lost ; ( ((Hugs))

Well I hope all the rest of you with this crazy summer/winter in a day weather don't lose all your plants.I am slowly sinking into a funk.I can just feel it.They are like a part of you and man it hurts when they freeze. Well I better quit my gabbing and get off here before I put you all in a funk like my funk..LOL

If I missed any of you it wasn't intentional..sorry : (
Have a Great Night Everyone not a Funky One!
Hugs,
Nancy

o

Yeah I forgot to tell you Tina how sorry I am about your cockatiel:( we lost one this winter as well, it is really hard, Romeo was the daddy to my Sabastian. The reason he died was because he got left out one night in 50 degree weather on the screened in porch, My mother had a lot going on, and she forgot to get them brought in, his roommate lived however, but it was still upsetting:(
Nancy, if it gets below freezing I doubt if you will get to see the tulips, depressing isn't it? just think that you won't then if it does 'YIPEEEEEE!!'
I walked around and looked at my hostas tonight I think I shed a tear, lol!! They look so good, but they are calling for 20's I think Sat. night, so I better get used to the idea that all that growth is going to be gone:(

Tina I am announcing that I feel slighted. My e-mail has still not got a invite to the chat room, am I defunciunt?? do I not get to chat anymore?? Talk about self esteem issues, I am not loved anymore, I can feel it, WHAAAAAAA!!
lol!!!
(I am just joking, she tries to send it, but for some reason I am not getting it)
(maybe, I believe the aliens are taking my invite and using it for some devious reasons of their own, hmmm.......)

Okay all I have a ANNOUNCEMENT:)))
And it is a good one:)
I have always been called micke (my beloved grandmas nickname) So to make things easier, as I can never remember micyey
lets call me Micke and micrey Michelle, is that a deal the other Michelle????? In any announcement I will recognize it, you can even send me boxes with that name, will that work??? I just want to make things easier for everyone, and for the sake of curiosity, how did you come up with your screen name Michelle??? If I am being too nosy you don't have to answer.
another thing you all didn't know, my name is actually pronounced MEchelle, I am named after the song "Mechelle my bell" by the Beatles
I am in a really good mood tonight, guess I must be getting used to my job.
Did I tell you all I got a job at a machine shop?? I am loving it!!! Tired but loving it (I really am no matter what I say, umm.........) I got in trouble for clocking in before 7 and for leaving my machine while it was running though *snicker* Will take me a while to get back in the swing of things:)
No one there seems to be as addicted to plants and flowers as I am though, how could that be???? Oh well, I will get my flower fix from you all:)
I have something wrong with my keyboard and cannot go back and correct soo......
Nancy,,, I am slowly going into a funk about my plants too, I am glad it is not just me, I am about to cry loking at my Tulips and Hostas and knowing that this freeze is going to ruin it all:(((

well I must scat to bed, 4:45 comes early around here:)
micke

o

Okay ya'll wanted to let you know, I am tired of letting Tina take the heat for Erica. I t was my fault.
I am done.
Debbya I will still send you a box but after that I am out of gardenweb.
I can't be nor do I want to be dishonest. I complained and tina DID NOT kick her out of this group, she asked her to take a couple of months off. well I can't take it, I am sorry I complained and I am sorry Tina took the heat.
I will miss you all. I will no longer be on here. I feel like a absolute jerk.

o
RE another thing

Michelle, please take the month off, honestly I feel like a complete heel, do not worry about sending me a box, it is only what I deserve.

o

Micke, please don't do this. I can't imagine there isn't anyone who wishes they hadn't said or done something. There are times when I ask myself "why did I say that?" I am so sorry you feel that you have to leave the GW because of this. Please reconsider........ I can't imagine anyone here is going to flog you.

julie, sorry to hear you are having all those problems. I've been in that situation where it seems nothing is going to go smoothly. Everything is out of control........

tina, sorry you lost your cockatiel.

I have learned the hard way to just put my plants out on warm days. I never plant my tomatoes until my frost free date. I've lost so many plants to my over zealousness.

I am so excited. There are seedlings in my WS containers. Yeah........ Shasta Daisy's, Catnip, Dianthus and a few others.

Mariann
Yahoo! Avatars

o

Did I miss something? What is going on? Micke I am not sure what that is all about, but please don't leave the group. I don't know what happened in the group in the past but this is a fresh start for the group. I don't see any reason to leave. Where else are you going to get your flower fix from-

I don't get chat invites either. What's up with that...lol.

Tina I am sorry about your cockatiel also.

For everyone worried about their plants....do you have any containers like pots or buckets hanging around? Make little cloches for your plants. I don't have that problem as we never got those temps of 80's so nothing of mine is really up. I do have tulips starting to bud but they are always hardy for me even when it snows. It is supposed to snow this weekend. Of course we usually do get snow at Easter. I always remember the kids all bundled up for Easter Egg hunts.

Well I must get the kids ready for school. Micke please reconsider. I know you would be greatly missed.~Heather

o

Micke,You can't leave.We love ya Micke : ))Mariann worded it so well,that all of us have said or done things.Who hasn't?Lord knows I have! Point being..We are all friends and darn it friends let stay together.Please Stay.
Sorry to hear you lost one of your cockatiels too.That really bums me out.Praying you miss these below freezing temps so your hostas and things don't all freeze : (
Well I haven't ben outside yet but it is still only 21 degrees here so it has been below freezing for 10 hours.I knew it was WAY to hot these past few weeks because everything was growing and greening way too much,Don't think I will be smiling much when I do go out : (
Well I better get off here and get my day started.Micke be sure and let us know how your hostas do?
Hugs,Nancy

o

hello
Micke - please don't leave!! I'm gonna send you a box anyway and you can't stop me. please stay, erica is still wanted she was told that and but decided to leave any way,and I'm sure we would love to have her back anytime. but please don't leave.

my screen name came from mic for MIChelle, rey for REYnolds, and y in the middle for well why not?
besids I have brown hair ( ha! when it is not very RED) and a large pointy nose and born in the chinese year of the rat, so my DH calls me a big mouse, oh and I love cheese.

I went out and cut all my tulips this morning, some turned limp and I tosed, but some purked up in a vase of warm water, the leaves on the fruit trees are frozen so I guess there will be no apples, peaches, pears, and plums. maybe next year.

micke I'll let you know when your package goes out, ohh yes I will send one there is nothing you can do to stop me.

and going my michelle is fine with me

talk later michelle ( there is little else to do today)

o

hello AGAIN!!
well there's not much to do today, s'pose I could clean, yah right.
thought I ask everyone a question

what is the best plant in your yard that you never planted?

- mine is a beautiful red bud out side our bed room window.
about 5 years ago I saw this small tree growing by the house. this was nothing new we get trees growing all over the place, it was too big to pull out so I cut it with the snips. the tree cotinued to grow back so I decied to let it grow.
two years later when I had gotten to like the tree(I still did not know what it was) my DH cut it down he thought he was helping.
but it grew back. last year it had 2 or 3 very small clumps of flowers, this is when I found out what it was.
this year it is covered with wonderfull purple flowers.
so I never planted it, evan tryed to get rid of it, but now I love it.
do you have something in your yard like this?
michelle

o

michelle (micyrey) I have 2 redbuds from the Nat'l Arbor Day Foundation. One is for me and one is for my cousin, who lives in WV. She tried so hard to grow one and it just didn't take. I hope mine lived though the winter. When I took Woody Plants, in college, I always remembered the redbud. It was in the spring and I just fell in love with it.

I am so angry........ I planted a flat of seeds a few days ago and put it under my grow lights. This morning there were holes where a mouse dug out the seeds and ate them. I thought we got rid of those varmints a few months ago. I just finished replanting them. Some of the seeds were from my friend on the GCER and I only had 3 left. What a bummer. Wish my DH wasn't allergic to cats.

It's pouring rain here. Cold and wet but not freezing.

Mariann

o

It's lightly snowing over here! And soooo cold! The yard didn't completely dry yet so I really didn't even have a chance those few nice days to clean up the flower beds or plant anything it rained almost every nice day.

I have lots of coleus babies coming up! Plus, some cactus babies too (from Park seeds). Most of the cactus are succulents and not column cactus. When you plant a mixed variety of seed, not really knowing what your getting it's so exciting to see what pops up. I also tried Park Seeds violet varieties. Out of three packages of violet seed, nothing germinated yet- and I planted the seed two months ago. I'm a little disappointed with the violet seed.

Tina,
I'm so sorry to hear about your bird! It's awful to lose a pet! Every pet I have means so much to me!

Micke,
Please stay with the group! Dont' go...
I really enjoy reading all your posts!

I'll pop in later..

Deb

o

Micke - I am not the least bit worried about skohler. You shouldn't be either! I am also not worried about efrosty. I tried to get her to come back. I apologized over and over to her...sent her 4 e-mails. The last one I got from her told me to "f" off. SO, I am over it!
As far as the obf seed swap, skohler tried to get me to accuse you, and then Deb. I completely quit responding with her after that. So, THAT is why she posted what she did.
We know the truth. That! is what matters.
You know how I feel about you leaving us!
As Heather said, this is a fresh start with this group and we have an AWESOME!!!! group here. YOU are appart of that group.
I've learned that you just have to roll with the punches if you are going to be an active member participating in several forums here on GW. Not everyone is going to like each other. We just have to pick and choose what and how we do things. After being a loud mouth, I learned that - that was the wrong way of handling things. I think how we handled this situation was good. We acted with dignity and honesty and stood our ground! I think when one does something, they should do it as best they can. Even if it is something that would appear trivial. I think we did our best, and that is all anyone can or should expect!
From each situation, a lesson is to be learned. If none of us ever made any mistakes, we would never have the opportunity to learn from our actions. No-one is perfect on this earth. That is a fact! Each of us here has said or done something, I'm sure more than once that we regret. But, we learned from it! THAT is the important thing!
We all also have a right to our own opinion (even if we don't like it, or disagree). That is apart of life. And that's OK.
My personal opinion :-), I think this is the absolute best group of woman on GW! I couldn't ask for a better bunch of friends. And that is how I feel about each of you, a friend!
This includes you! So, with all this said, you just CAN'T leave now..................... can you?

I will come back in a bit later to look for your post of "Oh what was I thinking...I can't leave this group" ;-)

As always, with the sincerest of heart - Hugs, Tina

o

i'm sorry tina but i never answered your last email my conputer went down. i just got it back. last week. i have been using the libary's.i never told you to f off.i am so surprised that you told i would. i haven't been on here to see what has been going on until someone sent me and email and called be today.so please dear friend retracked your reply about me. i never emailed your that kind of message and never would. i don't feel upset with anyone at all. so no one should either. i choose to leave.so please everyone beleive me i never pointed a figure at anyone nor sent nasty emails. so please let tina get pasted this..i miss you all so much..erica

ps i love debbya so i never involed you either..

o

OK........ Erica and I have been chatting back and forth in e-mails tonight a little bit. It appears that someone played a very nasty joke (if you can call it that). Erica told me tonight that she never sent any of those e-mails. So, who ever I was responding to should have gotten a a pretty good laugh :-(
Also, someone was sending out boxes using Ericas name at that time. So, I want to say that the nasty e-mail that appeared to be from Erica (about the f you and such) was not from Erica. I will say that the context of the e-mails did seem a bit out of charactor to be from Erica. However, I thought that what was said was coming from anger, and we know that we all say things we wouldn't normally say when we are mad or hurt, so I didn't even think about them not being from her.
So, from my first post concerning this, please just ignore my ignorant comments concerning efrosty!

I think it is just senseless and completely nasty for someone to have too much time o their hands to be able to cause this much trouble. It worries me that crap like this will ruin our group. I'm sure that is the intentions of whoever is doing this and thinking it is funny. It isn't funny. It doesn't feel good to have feelings hurt like this, especially senselessly!!!!
Also, I think whoever is behind this is watching each of our posts like a hawk, so, just so we don't feed them anymore, I think private e-mails (even if it is group e-mails, because I don't think it is anyone in this group)should be what we do from here on out. Otherwise we are just givng this person pleasure in seeing all the havoc they have caused. It's terrible that this has to be a monthly or bi-monthly occurance here.
Do you all agree?

Erica - If you would like to join in with us again, I think that would be great!
And Micke - no-one is upset or mad, or disappointed in or at you. You have to stay with us!!!!!

I am going to concentrate only on us from now on. I am not going to let outside crap and hurtful comments get to us here!

Tina

o
Chat Invites

I was also going to say that for some reason, not all of the invites from that chatroom will go through. I think we will change again and see if the next one is better.

You ARE loved micke!!!! :-)

Also, EVERYONE!!!! loves debbya . How could you not! :-)

o

Tina,I heard about what happened to you in the other group while reading up today getting caught up on the seed swap and couldn't and absolutely didn't believe one word that was said.I too know you much better than that.We all do but I am still steaming about that : (
Well I for sure know I love each and every one of you all to pieces : ) It is so terrible that an outsider who I am sure thinks of themselves as really clever and funny butting into our group to stir up non existant trouble.(Hey go get a group of your own whoever you are and leave us alone.)Geesh!!Also I am going to do an exact repeat of what Tina said earlier...
Erica - If you would like to join in with us again, I think that would be great!
And Micke - no-one is upset or mad, or disappointed in or at you. You have to stay with us!!!!!
I couldn't have said that better if I would have typed it myself : )
Well now on to my frozen black dead flower beds.Whaaaa!!! It is really sad looking around here.Except I covered my tulips ready to bloom and heirloom peonies with about 60 big buckets again tonight! My neighbor was asking if I was marking out a landing stip for a small plane later tonite.(Gotta love the goofus )I have waited so long to see a tulip bloom and by gosh I am not going to throw in the towel yet!LOL right now it 23 degrees and will did below 20 for the rest of the night.Mid teen the rest of the week,,,Keeping my frozen fingers crossed : ))
How are everone elses bulbf faring in the big freeze?

Well I better get my behind to bed soon.You all have a great night : )
Hugs,
Nancy

o

Nancy,
Did your tulips survive? My daylilies look awful! All of them had at least 10" or more of new growth, after the freeze are now laying down flat. I have a feeling I'm not going to have any daylilies this year! They usually turn brown/crisp next!

I have my feeders filled and waiting for the Bridgeview parrots. I haven't heard them squawking this morning yet.
They must hesitant to come out this chilly day! I'm going to take a picture today and post it later of the nests these birds live in (a tree down the street). It's fascinating to see how huge they are, almost bee-hive like! On nice days you can see all the parrots hanging around the nest holes!

Deb

o

I would LOVE! to have parrots flying freely here. That must be just awesome!
I can't wait to see the pics!!!!

All of my tulips and daff buds and blooms are gone. :-(

We got two days of rain, and then the temps dropped drastically, and the winds picked up in excess of 60 mph for an entire night. We got down to 16 with windchills around 5. We kept winds 30-40 for 2 days. It froze the pond and grounds solid. Today it is breezy. But tomorrow the winds are suppose to be back and stay through Easter with the same temps as now :-(.
I knew those 80 degree days were just wayyyyyyyyyy too good to be true.
No fruit or lilacs this year :-(.
I had a fernleaf peony up about 4 inches. I hope it makes it.

Did you all see where in even the south they were in frost and freeze advisories? There is no safe place for us gardeners, LoL

Hugs,
Tina

o

Deb& Tina , I used Heathers tip and covered things with buckets that past 2 nights(Thanks Heather)It worked really well at first..its just way too cold for too long now I think.
My daylilies suffered the same fate.Odd thing is I never covered my daffs last night and they are all still blooming and look nice??That all will end tonight though.single digit temps.I have all but given up on my tulips.I covered them with buckets for the last few nights but last night nipped them anyway.Today I cut all the ready to open blooms off and brought them in to see if I can still get to see them bloom.Like my dad always said there is more than one way to skin a cat.ewww..OK Now that sounds gross.He never ever would have skinned a cat so I don't know where the heck that saying came from or actually what its supposed to mean?? so maybe I just should have said theres more than one way to see a bloom!There thats much better.

Deb,I can't wait to see pics of those parrots nest.That has to be awesome.I have never tried growing av's from seed.I always wondered how they would do.I have some strep seeds coming that I am dying to try.Wonder if they will be hard?

Tina,My fruit trees are gone too : ( I have 5 fernleaf peony bushes that are up about half a foot. I will hire people to lay by them with blankets if I have to.LOL they are heirlooms from my grandma and have bloomed mothers day or earlier like clockwork.I will absolutely need to be hospitalized if I lose them ; (

Michelle,thats a neat story about your redbud,They are so neat looking.Yours was pretty determined to survive huh?I guess you could call yours the little tree that wouldn't quit.And good thing it didn't or you wouldn't be enjoying its beauty now.

Mariann, That too bad about your seed flats.Those darned mice.I had a similar experience with those buggers when they kept digging my baby plants out of their pots in the basement.they are terrors I tell ya!

Micke,you better pop back in here with us girl are we will band together and come down to MO.and drag you back ; ))

well Everyone I better get off here and get laundry done.uggg I would much rather be doing this : )

If I don't get back on here before the weekend..I hope you all have a Very Blessed Happy Easter; ))
Hugs,
Nancy

o

Okay, okay Mariann e-mailed me and gave me a heads up on what was being said
Oh what was I thinking.....I can't leave this group:)
Erica please do come back, I did not mean for you to leave, that was NEVER my intentions:(
I will still be here, it will just take me awhile to get over my utter mortification

o

Woo Hoo!! Just had to check the thread and soooo glad I did : )Thanks Mariann for talking some sense into our Micke!!! You are a gem : )
Glad to have you back Micke.Happy Dancing Going On Here!!
((Hugs))
Nancy

o

hello
too add to all your casulties, my bleeding hart is turned to goo and floped flat. boo hoo!

but on the upside, nancy's box got here today :) yay and inside was great easter eggs iridecent colored realy nice, each have seeds in them, money plant, 4:00, zinnias, and hibiscus. it was like an easter egg hunt in a box. plant food spikes, a butterfly flag spiner ( we'll use this at the community garden) and two great peonys shirly temple and bowl of cherries.
and she evan included a gift bag for timmy and jeremy, they each got a packet of seeds and a pot sitter, one a turtle and one frog.
thank you so very very very much.
and thank you from timmy and jeremy too, today was their dentist appointments (jeremy's first) so this was a great surprise.

yesterday I devided and potted a bunch of annual seedlings so evan if I don't get to see most of my bulds this year I'll have flowers soon, accualy my patunias have started blooming in the basement.

YAY micke is staying, I will be getting your box together soon, so be sure you wants list is up to date.

well I got to check in on the kids swap people are having trouble getting each others address.
by for now
michelle

o

Image provided by YourCoolProfile.com~Yeah Micke! Doing the happy dance-woot.....Ya just can't leave this crazy group of gals. Glad you have decided to stay!

o

Micke, I'm glad you're not leaving. Geez, whenever I disapper for a little while tons of drama unfolds.

It's 25 here and I have daffs that were about to bloom. What will happen to them now? And what's up with all you people in zone 5 who have tulips ready to bloom? My tulips have put up an 3 inches of growth at the most. I guess they'll be ok? I hope so, the foliage sure does look sad.

Ok, finally to post what was in my wonderful box:
Election DVD
The most awesome book called Julie and Julia. I am 1/4 through it already, I can't put it down. It is the perfect book for me!
A french style keepsake box/photo box
Beautiful bell chime
A planter shaped like a tree stump from Winne the pooh
2 big bags of YUMMY Lindt truffles, omg - sooo good.
2 little gnome trinket boxes for the girls and stickers.
A book called Fairyopolis - this is perfect because I bought this book for my oldest daughter's birthday last year and my youngest always felt a bit slighted by it. Now she has one too!!
Strawberry Earl grey tea
Vanilla Macadamia nut coffee - DH's favorite
Hazelnut wafer roll cookies
a heart shape pin
Live strong coffe mug
note cards and note pads
a cute quilted bookmark
and Tons of great seeds

I'm sure I forgot something since I always do, and there was so much in there to remember. Thank you again Alison, you really went above and beyond. We love everything.

o

Heather..lol..gotta love that dancin'kitty : )

Michelle,You are welcome.That was a fast moving box.I'm not used to that.Priority lately usually means at least a week..lol...Glad you enjoyed it and the boys liked the frog and turtle : )Sad about your bleeding heart though.So many gorgeous plants are being lost all over the country with this crazy weather.I heard snow is forcast for Texas!!

o

Yay!!!!! Thank you Mariann, for e-mailing Micke and getting her to think stright! :-)
Micke - I am SO happy you are staying.

Girls - I hope I didn't make any of you mad with my post yesterday. I'm trying to be as honest as possible without being a witch. The very last thing I want to do is make any of you mad at me, or think badly of me. I am almost afraid to even post anymore. I get this ill feeling in my stomach whenever I see a post from gw come through in my e-mail. I'm scared to read it because I am afraid someone is going to gripe me out.

Tina

o
~HoRtIhOliCs AnOnYmOuS~ 'Garden Party'

Tina...You need to relax girl.Nothing to gripe at you for : )We all wuvs ya : ))
Keep warm this weekend.brr its gonna be cold over where you are too : (

Better get supper started.My main man..well actually my only man is on his way home.We are going to watch the new Charlottes Web.Any of you seen it? I have my box of tissues all ready to go.I will probably need them!

Have a Great Night ladies : ))
Nancy

o
happy dance

HA! HA! HA!
cat HA HA
dancing HA HA
happy HA HA
snort, guffaw,
guggle, snort

o

I hope this picture turns out well. None of the trees have leaves yet, so you should be able to see the nests clearly. They are huge masses of leaves/sticks. And usually there is only one entrance hole in which the parrots enter/exit. You can usually see them hanging around the opening of the nest on nice days. It was so cold out today, I didn't see any of the parrots out.
Every once in a while after a storm one of these huge nests fall. I usually go by and check to make sure no birds are on the ground or injured. After how loud greenbean is, my Husband would complain if I came home with one. But, if one needed help, I would bring it home in a minute. He never stays mad at me long, LOL! So, it would be worth the few minutes of bickering!

Deb

o
Another pic...

I tried to get a little closer for this picture. I need a camera with a zoom lense. ;)

Deb

o

Deb-WOW those are some big nests. It never fails to amaze me how birds nests actually stay in the trees.

My DH set some traps yesterday and we caught 2 more mice. I replanted some of my seeds.

Micke-glad you're back sweetie. We've missed you.

I cut all of my Daff's that were blooming and ready to bloom. Now I have a nice bouquet. I covered one of my beds in the garden that has perennials in it. I'm worried about my WS containers though. The seedlings are just starting to pop up. It feels like January here. I just received a box of Daylilies from Oaks. I'll have to bite the bullet and put them in today. Covering them with leaves should help.

Micrey do you need any veggie seeds for your Community Garden???? I have some I'd like to pass on.

Hugs everyone,
Mariann

o

hello
mariann - I was going to ask you if you needed any seeds to replace the ones the mice ate, the seeds I could use are peas. the helpfull guys at the parks department tilled the garden tuesday. unfortunently I had planted our plot with garlic, onions, potatoes, and peas. for some reson they did not think a bamboo pole a-fram and timmys wooden spinner row markers ment thet someone had planted. they moved the a-fram and spinners and tilled all the stuff I had planted. so I could use some more peas. lettuse is the other thing I never have enough of.
if I can send you anything let me know.

and tina don't worry about us barking at you(woff woff)
this is a country of free speach, if someone dose not like what is being said here they don't have to read it. but I think everyone here understands we all have bad days and if someone blows off a little steam, and I mean anyone in this group, we should all understand.

I know somethings I say don't come out right but I think you know what I mean.

I think I'm not awake yet, the boys both slept ALL NIGHT, YAY bet that wont happen again.

later michelle

o

Mariann,I cut my tulips testerday and put them in vases and I think I will get to see the blooms open today or tomorrow,This is a very special event for me : ) Good luck with your new daylilies.I agree covering good with leaves should help.

Deb,Wow now those are neat nests.I don't see how those parrots can survive in such frigid temps.Thats really something how they have adapted from the rainforest climate to yours.I wonder if you will have any baby ones at your feeders this spring?Bet greenbean will go bonkers then!I still can't get over those parrots wild where you love.

Well I better get this day started.
Hugs,
Nancy

o

Michelle-micrey(I can send you peas 'Little Sweetie' they are dwarf edible podded peas.) I won't be using them all it's a fairly big bag. I also have lots of commercial lettuce seeds some from last year. I know I have your address somewhere I'll get them out to you.

I replanted the seeds the mice ate. Had plenty except for one that was given to me by my GCER friend. That was Canary Vine only had 3 seeds left. Remind me not to start Morning Glories so early. Planted them a week ago and they are about 3" tall already.

Hugs,
Mariann

o

hi
oh thank you mariann, they will be much appriciated.

I know what you mean about the morning glories, just as an experiment I started 2 MG seeds in feb. and the little plants have climbed up my maple and twined around the shop light hanging over them it looks cool but I will never be able to untangle them, to plant them out side.

I hope it warms up soon, I'm sitting here with a 5 gallon potted bamboo in the middle of the kitchen table. my DH will freak when he gets home.

I don't know if I ever talked about it but Seth is a truck driver, and is mostly gone from monday morning to friday night. but he sometimes gets home in the middle of the week for the night then back out in the morning. he has not been home since I draged all the plants back in the house and he will not be happy about it.

well see ya later
thanks again for the extra seeds.
michelle

o

My house looks like a jungle as well, I usually take about 2 weeks bringing my houseplants in or out, but I had already set about 50 of them outside as it was so nice and I had to rush and get them in so I hadn't made 'spots' for them, it looks really overgrown in the house right now, but so far hubby has not said a word. My hostas look like wilted lettuce:( thought my peonies were done for but they look like they have perked back up today. My tulips now all look like bell flowers, so sad:( I am wondering if this has hurt my Alliums as they were beginning to come up, this will be my first year having them so I don't know how they do when a hard frost has attacked them when they are getting ready to have buds on them. My cannas was another heartbreaker, I had already placed them back in the ground (this is the first year I have even stored them, I usually cover them and they do okay) all my leaves and yard debris had already been burned so I had nothing to cover them with, I am keeping my fingers crossed I hope they are okay. My rose of sharon, Lilac and weigela look real bad too, but I know they will come back. Rose bushes all but one seem to of made it, what a mess, I don't think I have ever had a freeze like this after my peonies and hostas started to come up, frost yes but never a freeze, I bought 2 hostas and I left them in their pots and have them in the house on my kitchen table with all my tomatoes, at least I will have 2 nice looking hostas in a hurry:) I think I will go back next friday and buy a couple of more after work, my treat to myself for spending the week at work, sounds good don't ya think?
Hope you all get through this cruddy cold spell as well.
micke

o

Oh I can relate Micke.My house has turned into a jungle this past week too.Hubby says all we need now are a few monkeys.Oh if my kids were still ittle we would be all set.LOL I am just sick too when I look at all the outside plants that just a week ago were looking marvelous..now nothing but mush.Even my iris were hit hard and they can take alot.Guess I am going to be making alot more trips to the nurseries this year than I had planned.I think the thing that hurts the most is the thought of losing all the lovely plants I had received in trades last summer form all my friends here at GW. I am hoping not all is lost and when the weather gets back to normal..I am hoping alot of them will regrow? Keeping my fingers crossed. I will pray your cannas and everything else you had out will come back for you too.

Michelle,My Greg drives truck too : ) He is home most nights tho.

Well ladies..I hope you all had a Wonderful Easter. Mine was great.Got to spend some time with a few of my sisters I rarely get to see anymore.Went over some childhood memories and had a blast.Oh..but I ate wayy too much again.Time to pull out the sweatpants again!
Hugs,
Nancy

o

I hope everyone had a special memorable Easter! We went by my Mom's first, then by my MIL's. My Mom made so many delicious things.. honey sprial ham, potato salad, coleslaw brussel sprouts, baked beans, pie! We even had appetizers crab dip, guacamole, spinich dip. I'm stuffed! Plus, we ate at my Mother in law's too (more ham, LOL)! I'm not eating much all week!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in quickly and wish everyone a Happy Easter!

Deb

o

Hi Tina,

This RR sounds fun!! I would love to join. Do you have an open space for a new member?

Thanks,
chelty2

o

hello
well it has started to warm up and some of my plants look like they will be ok, the daylilys,coneflowers and peonys look fine all the tulips are standing up again, the pansies are still blooming ( you'd think they had little heaters), the only total loss are the bleeding hearts, I think the sedums will come back and the columbines are looking better. my deepest condolences to those that have suffered many losses this spring.

Mariann- I got the seeds you sent, thank you very much, you sent so many lettuce seeds. I will re-plant the peas tonight, and the lettuce on thursday.
we went last night as reset or poles for the peas and pushed the onions back in the ground. thank you very very much for sending them.

Micke- how are the hostas? do you have any special requests for this month? I'm a little behind this month but I will make it worth it, we will be going to Springfield, IL on thursday and there is a great garden center there with a tropical greenhouse, I'll take a list of the plants on your wants list and see if there is anything you would like.

hope everyone is doing well
michelle

o

Deb,Your Easter feast sounded marvelous : )

Michelle,Great news about your plants.I was out today and think alot of the ones I thought were doomed will be back as soon as the weather evens out.Thats what my 92 year old neighbor tells me.I figure he should know as he has seen alot of springs like this.He is such a neat man.

Chelty2,Nice to meet you.Just send an email to Tina and she will get you squared away : )

Speaking of Tina..Where the heck you at girl???

Better go start supper.
Hugs,
Nancy

o

No requests, anything is fine.
My bleeding hearts bit the dust as well:( the hostas well... some of them made it but any of the ones that were all flushed out with leaves look real bad, I wonder if I should cut all that off so they don't put any energy into the damaged leaves?? My mother thinks we will have one more freeze before April is out and she is real good about being right in her weather predictions so I really don't want to do too much of anything until this cold is gone.
well I need to get ready for bed, this cold or flu or allergies or whatever I have has got me beat:(

o

Michelle (micyrey) you're welcome for the seeds hope they help. I still haven't planted my peas yet. The weather has been so cold and nasty here.

micke and nancy-Talk about a jungle....I just received another box of plants, this one is from Forest Farm. I have them all lined up in our back room by the door. Also received a box of plants from a trade. They are in the dining room. Now what????? It is cold and nasty. We're suppose to get possible snow this week-end. The next nice day we have I'll be digging holes from dawn til dusk. This weather is so depressing... I don't even dare look at my WS containers for fear that the seedlings are all frozen.
SmileyCentral.com

Where is everyone?????

Hugs,
Mariann

o

hello
I'v just been too buisy potting up baby plants. with all the warm weather in march I started more seeds thinking I would be able to plant them out soon, now they are growing out of there little pots.

sorry micke I will be getting your box out tuesday. one more question do you like feeding birds/hummingbirds?

love ya
michelle

o

Hi Everyone!

I am back from jolly olde England, arrived back yesterday. I really expected Spring to have at least made a start while I was gone, but when I got back my first question was "Who stole Spring?" What a shock it was! England is several weeks ahead of us, so it was all green and luscious, flowering trees everywhere, magnolias just bursting with flowers, daffodils growing and flowering everywhere, at the sides of roads like wildflowers!

What do I have here? Nothing but a few brave crocuses daring to stick their little heads above the ground...what a bummer!

I think I gained about 10 pounds while I was away, and I wish I meant the English money. Too much fish and chips!

Heather, I looked and looked in every shop I went into for Pez and Pez dispensers, but couldn't find anything. Sorry. All the stores were full of Easter candy. But I did bring back a few things suitable for a garden party that you can't find here on this side of the pond, and that I think you will like. Now I'm busy trying to put the rest of the box together.

The grocery stores all had seed racks like they do here, and I was sooooooo tempted to just buy a few packets, but I knew that if customs found them I'd be a dead duck.

MIL is doing well, her spirits flag sometimes, but she has made great progress on her physical therapy.

Anyway, I thought I'd check in and let everyone know I was back. I'm still a bit jet-lagged, my time sense is all messed up.

I'm sorta caught up a bit on the goings on while I was away. Glad Micke is staying with us.

Also glad Julie and her girls liked the box I sent last month.

Alison

o

I have never had anything to feed birds or hummers with, I love them and love to watch them, but just never got around to getting anything to feed them with, well hubby could do without the Cardinals, they love my weigela bush and it is right on the corner of the house right by the bedroom wiindow, and as he is a light sleeper, when he has a chance to sleep in he gets much irritated to be woke up by that cute little noise they make (he can imitate it perfectly, it is hilarious)
Deb I am trying to work on your box this weekend (if the darn storms would ever let up!) how is the weather up your way?? Is it safe to send live plants now or should I wait another week or so? I have many ideas on what I want to send, but concerned about the weather. where in the world do you find Varigated Monstera, cause I want some too!! Oh another question, did you ever get any regular Monstera???
anyhoo I need to get off here and get my tired bones to bed, I can't believe how wore out I have been, I am wondering if I will ever get used to this job and return from the dead to feeling human again.
Got to add something else, maybe you all will find it humourous, all the girls at work laughed when I told them, maybe it was my tone and voice inflictions when I told it but anyway, Travis had taken the boys to have their hair cut yesterday leaving me a hour of pure quiet and bliss, well I took the opportunity to pull my Arrowhead off the top of the entertainment center to water it in the sink, keep in mind this sucker weighs about 20 lbs, well they got home sooner than expected so I needed to start on dinner, I pulled it out of the sink and rushed it over to put it back where it belonged, hurrying because I was afraid it still might be dripping a bit and wanted to get it back in it's water catcher before I dripped any water on the wood, well I ran smack dab into a steel 60lb weight laying on the floor in front of the T.V, I did however manage to get my plant safely in it's spot before collapsing on the floor, Travis said it looked like I was in fast forward when I hit the thing, let me tell you that hurts on bare toes! Thought I broke my foot, I laid on the floor for about 10 minutes before I could even get up and hobble to the bed where I laid for another 30 minutes until the pain abated, and guess what?? It was MY fault I stubbed my toes on HIS weight, why in the world did he lay them there? The weight bench is on the opposite side of the room!
Oh well at least I have it better than my sister in law, she has a Harley Davidson in the middle of her dining room, my brother likes to build his bikes in the comfort of his home, wondering what the garage is for!?!

dawiff, glad you made it back safe and sound, how was the flight?? that is always first on my mind when I hear about people taking long trips, I really, really despise flying, scares the crud out of me, I have to take some stuff just so I can stay calm, think I left my fingernails in that one armrest.........

o
RE:heather alert

Heather, does your last name start with a M??? If it does you need to check out the conversations forum at the plant exchange:) wasn't for sure, but thought I would let you know

o

Alison,Glad to have you back in the states.Sounds like you had a wonderful time.So happy to hear your dear MIL is doing a little better.

Micke,Wow,How is your foot now?That had to hurt like a bugger.Are you sure you didn't break anything?
I had to chuckle about your hubby and the cardinals.My hubby used to be that way too but now he worries about them if he don't hear them all the time.Funny how age changes a person.When he was younger they drove him nuts(especially when he was napping)LOL

Michelle,Did you get all your baby plants potted up?I need to do that one of these days.They are overtaking my basement shelves.Can't wait to get them all potted up and moved out.

Mariann,Is your weather still so nasty?I have been thinking about you and all those plants you received.I bet it does seem like a jungle.Hope your weather has gotten better so you can work with them soon.I know how you feel.We are finally warming up here and I should be able to plant some of mine out this week.Then I will pray we don't get hit by another hard freeze.I get so tired of hauling blankets in and out of the house to cover things.

I received an email from Tina this past Thursday.I feel so bad because I have gotten so many emails it pushed hers onto page 2 so I missed it.Good thing I decided to clean emails tonight.Anyway...Tina said she is having trouble posting on the site.She said to tell you she loves and misses us all and will be back on as soon as she can get her posts to go through.I notice they have been working on the site and read there may be problems so hopefully that is whats happening.

Chelty2 we would still love to have you in the group.Tina said..If you want you can email me and I will get you squared away to join us in next months swap.

Well ladies I helped hubby trim brush and do cleanup today so my hands are screaming for mercy..just like the rest of my body..LOL I would love to type somemore but my hands won't have it. : (
Hope you all have a Great Week!
Hugs,
Nancy

o

hello
I realy hope I can get some trays out this week. I have potted up most of the seedlings bet I have ran out of shelf room and I'm now puting them on the floor. my morning glories and patunias are starting to bloom, silly flowers:)
I need to redo some of my hanging baskets, forgot them outside, oops.
well off I go to get everyone dressed
by for now
michelle

o

Micke,
Sorry about the delay in posting. I've been busy as usual. The kids were off for spring break last week and my Daughter had practice (for softball) every day last week. Even though the school is closed, the coaches were there each day. So, it really wasn't a break from school at all.

Glasshouse works has variegated Monstera. ;)
Deanie sent me a large/huge leaved Monstera (the kind that you have growing on a moss pole). I don't have the smaller leaved 'basket' Monstera yet. I love hanging houseplants! I have a 10 yr old cat that loves to taste test most of my plants, so hanging plants work out very well for me!

Tina emailed me today, She's having trouble logging on to GW. Hopefully, with in the next few days (after all the GW upgrades) She'll be back with us again!

We MISS YOU TINA! ;)

Deb

o

Just wanted to log in quick and let you all know that Heather/scouttiegirl is also having trouble getting onto GW. Sounds like a power outage fried her puter somehow and she has been trying to use her kid's to get online, but it has trouble handling all the ads here. We did a quick email, I am still putting her box together, but the month ain't over yet, right? LOL

Heather said to tell all the girls Hi and that she will be back on shortly.

As for me, I've been having a devil of a time getting over the jet lag from my trip. I think my brain is finally back on Eastern Standard Time now, though. I'm taking most of the morning catching up on three episodes of 24.

Hello to everyone from me, too!

o

hello
I was wondering where everyone was, hope they will be back soon.

micke - your box is on its way, it should not take too long to get there, I could be there in 5 hours.
DC# 0306 3030 0003 2769 3117

I'll be back later I want to get out in the sun :)
michelle

o

Just wanted to let everyone know that Jennifer (jentongrows) is MIA from the GW. I asked Tina to email her and she received no response. Her last post was over 2 weeks ago. As it stands GW members are stepping in to cover her swaps.

Julie-Jen was suppose to send to you this month and Tina was suppose to send to Jen. It might be a good idea to contact Tina and possibly send to each other.

I personally have never seen anyone disappear from the GW before. Although I'm fairly new here. My first inclination is that something happened to her and/or her family. All I can do is keep her in my thoughts.

Mariann

o

Mariann,
I don't know Jenn well enough to say anything. I do know that once in a while GW members do disappear. For what reasons, who knows.

I hope Jenn's ok.. I wish she could just post a quick email or post and let everyone know.

I'm going to email Tina later and ask a few questions about Jenn's email return. Usually when the email is returned it gives a reason. Some common reasons are, the mail box is full or email address changed. I'm sure everyone can see the difference between the two explanations.

I'll be back later.

Tina sent a group email to everyone, did everyone get it?

Deb

o

I don't know what to make of Jenns disappearance either.Hope shes ok.I need to go check my email.I am sure if Tina sent it its there.Thanks Deb

Mariann, When I talked to Tina last night she said she would just send to Julie and Julie can send to her.I forgot to post that last night.

Well I am off to read my emails.
Have a great Evening Everyone : )
Nancy

o

95.00???????? Wow don't think I will be getting a varigated Monstera any time soon:(, and may I say thank you very much for that website:) I love finding new houseplants to drool over, entertainment for me for hours!
Okay deb, I think I can come up with something that will go in a hanging basket:) Can I send live plants now??? Let me know, I want to ship by Saturday, getting late in the month, can you believe the month is already half over? unbelievable!

Nancy, the foot is still sore, but manageable, must of just stubbed it though, I am however milking it for all it's worth:)
micke

o

Micke,

I think it would be safe to ship plants. Monday's low is 49*. I'll let you know for sure with in a day or two, after I check the updated weather for next week.
Variegated Monstera is expensive! I only need a little strand! ;)

Tina sent a new link by email for the board. Did everyone receive it? If not, let me know...

Deb

o

Hi Girls!!! I am back up and running! My computer was down for abit, but it is all fixed. I won't be a stranger now.

Alison~Glad you had a nice trip. Too bad the weather was bad when you returned. At leaste it was nice while over there and you got to enjoy some English blooms! Glad to hear your MIL is feeling a bit better. Hope that jet lag gets better soon. I have never had to experience that before. Can't imagine trying to get used to a time change that severe.

Nancy we have had awful weather here, but on one of the nice days last week, actually the only nice day, I dug up a few things I wanted to send. I have had them in pots in the house waiting for them to wake up. I will have your package in the mail tomorrow. I think you will really like it...hehehehehehe..snicker snicker......

I have been reading all the post about Jenn. I really hope everything is alright with her and her family. Does anyone know her address to get ahold of her that way. I hope she hasn't received any bad ratings on the ratings forum. I should go check it out to make sure she hasn't. Maybe someone might not know something may have happened.

Tina hope your gardenweb problems are solved soon so you can drop in and say Hi. I did get the emails you sent.

Well Ladies the weather here in NY is finally coming around. It is gonna be in the high 50's this weekend!!!! Maybe even in the 60's!!!! I can't wait! The last snow fall is almost melted away. I see green again. Hoping my tulips will still bloom.
Hope everyone else is doing well. Talk to you all soom~Heather

o

This looks like a really awesome group! Mind if I join in on all the fun? ;-)

I will send an e-mail with all my information.

Thanks, and Hugs
Daisy

o

BTW, I am a friend of hummingbirddaisys. She said to just introduce myself here, so here I am!!!! I also sent an e-mail. I'll be passing on her messages for her until she is able to post again.
You all know where to look for the personals.

Hugs,
Daisy

o

hi all
daisy - welcome! we are glade to have you. I got your e-mail will you be taking over hosting this group? since you don't know us all very well yet maybe we could all take turns matching up partners. let me know when you get your questionair set up so we can check it out :)

I can't wait till I start planting, and the local garden centers are holding their open houses this weekend, I'm gonna see is I can get my DH to give me just a little more money to get some MORE plants.

see ya
michelle

o

I got my box today:)
thank you so much Michelle:)
this is what I got, a HUGE better homes and gardens Garden Doctor book, collapisible wire basket colander (something I have always wanted but never gotten) 3 different boxes of tea, 2 hummingbird feeders, hummingbird food, a persian sheild and a birds nest fern:) thank you so much, so awesome. I have been wanting a birds nest fern as well, and I just love the persian sheild, don't think I have even seen that before.
thank you, thank you:)
micke

o

hi
micke - I'm so glade the plants made it ok, I'm not real good at house plants, but birds-nest fern I know. I have a giant one in my frog tank. I know it is small they had a large one but I did not know how well it would ship.
I'm glade you enjoyed the gifts.
have a great day
michelle
ps I'll be in the chat room till about 7pm
if anyone wants to chat

o

I think the small one is fabulous, and it will grow to be bigger then the large one, it means much more to me to start out with a small one and to make it grow, and to remember the person who sent it to me as it grows, then to recieve a mature plant:)
(thank you for the card as well, forgot to mention that, oh and I don't think a drop of dirt was spilled:)
micke

o

hello
micke- you should as ask sguanzon about my first plant trade (if she remembers) she said there was dirt everywhere(in a nice way) I have gotten better at packing since then.
michelle

o

I've just spent 2 days digging in the soil. Finally have my peas in....didn't think that would happen. I took a few pictures even though not much is up yet.

White Bleeding Heart

Magnolia in partial bloom

Star Jasmine

Wreath I made for my front door

Daffodils

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Hugs,
Mariann

o

Well you should ask Nancy about the time I tried to ship a bunch of little succulents in with a Cactus, let us just say the cactus won:(

o

Mariann,I love all your pics.That magnolia is amazing.Do those blooms have a scent?I have never seen a real magnolia tree so I have no idea.Oh that wreath you made is beautiful.I wish I were craftier.I try but it never turns out like it looks in the photos.

Micke,LOL ahhh...yess!!*Shredder* the cactus is doing great.I just Love that guy!!.He sure didn't like those other guys in the box though! lol..lol..lol. You know that cactus is soo special to me.I think of you every time I look at it.And I mean that in a very special nice friend way ; )Hey don't feel bad.. you know what everyone? I still have things that escape from time to time in boxes no matter how well I pack.You just never know when something will try and make a break for it.Makes me so mad but ya just gotta face its going to happen once in awhile to everyone.

Well I got so much accomplished yesterday.We mowed,weedwacked and Hubby tilled my garden again and a few new beds and I got to play in the dirt all day.Things are looking up.My kinda day.Of course today I am so sore I can't hardly move but oh it is soo worth it.

Do any of you have any raised beds? I am thinking of putting a couple in.I bought the corner pieces now I just need to go get the wood.If any of you have raised beds how do you like them?

Well its raining today so I am going to play with my houseplants thisafternoon.I bought some new hoyas,philos, and streps and some need new pots.

Well I better go get something done.I hope you all have a nice day : )

Hugs,
Nancy

o

Nancy you can grow some magnolia's where you live. Mine is Magnolia x soulangeana hardy to Z4. There is also Magnolia stellata-star magnolia hardy to Z4 also. There are others also and different cultivars.

I coerced my DH to help me yesterday dig the soil in my veggie garden. Now he's all tired out today.........Poor baby. All that wet weather really set me back.

Alison I'll be mailing your box out either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Hugs,
Mariann

o

hi
jeremy is doing better he went to the hospitol sat for an IV infusion, and I have been limiting his food intake. he has been keeping his food down now for over 24hrs.
unfortunently since he was so sick this weekend I missed out on the good weather. maybe later today if he is still doing better.
I did put out the rest of my plants from the basement only to have to cover them, the TV kept saying "severe th. strm." "hail" "60mph winds" so I ran around the yard covering, stashing, and hiding all the plants. and the storm fizzled. so I need to go out later and pull them all back out.
well thats all for now
michelle

o

Heather...Thank You!!! I have been looking for a football mum like my mother used to grow 4-ever.I don't know where the heck you found one but I owe you Big Time!Oh in case anyone was wondering what the heck I am talking about..my box arrived from Heather and can't ya tell I love it?LOL I also received 2 different bee balms I have never had.Can't wait to get these in the ground.I adore the Love Grows Here Plant Stake.Also..and I am almost out of breath over this one... I am a puple martin landlord and they are just now flying back for the nesting season and Heather sent me an S-K Purple Martin Gourd House.I have had the gourd rack for sometime but never any gourds to put on it....woo hoo..Now I Do!! I already put it up.Looks Great ; ))I can't wait to see the look on their little faces when they see this.Bet they will be fighting over it.Well now I am going go out and get the plants in the ground then I am going to to whip up some of the raspberry tea she sent me and grab one of those candy bars and go sit on the patio and get ready to watch them fly in.Thank You So Much Heather,Your box really made my day.

Hugs,
Nancy

o

I am so late getting things out this month! Since April 1st we've been painting and tiling the whole house. In fact practically everything I own was in my carport and on my back patio until yesterday. The painter finally came back and touched up after the tile was laid now I can put things back. Even though it's been really chaotic I highly recommend it for now I'm getting rid of a lot of clutter and junk and just bringing back in and putting in place the things I really want to keep.

My poor plants I've just about neglected them I've been so distracted with everything else. Luckily the weather has stayed in the 70's and 80's -- but 90's are coming late this week and then we won't see these nice temps any more.
:(

I'll get my box out this week Mariann sorry I hope you didn't think I forgot about you!

o

Nancy I am so happy you liked the box. I was out shopping with my kids and they are the ones who saw that martin house when we were at Lowes. I thought it would be perfect! Hope the plants grow well for you. The jacob kline beebalm is my favorite. The flowers are huge and it is taller and mildew resistant. Mine is more well behaved than the others too. The blue stocking can spread a bit so watch that one. It is very pretty also. Here are what they look like in bloom:

Jacob Kline:

Blue Stocking:

I didn't get a pick of the mum while it was in bloom, but I got it last year at Bluestone. They still have it on their site if you want to see what it looks like.

Hope everyone is doing well. It has been gorgeous here. We were outside all day yesterday taking down the chainlink fence to open up the yard and put in stockade fencing. We got about half of it done.
Will try and get back on later. Gotta get the kids ready for school. ~Heather

o

Oh, beautiful pics of your bee balm, Heather! I really like that Blue Stocking.

I'm doing ok, although didn't sleep well last night. Just fitful, ya know. Never really got any deep restful sleep. Now this morning I'm still groggy. But slowly waking up. Coffee helps.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is late getting her package out. I have so many things I want to send, and not sure if I have a big enough box. I think I just may need to send two boxes! I'm also waiting on a couple of things that I ordered after I got back from England. Hoping they come this week, cause the end of the month is coming on fast now, isn't it?

Well, I think I am going to go out and clear the winter debris out of some beds and maybe pull a couple of weeds. Yes, I already have weeds. Where the heck do they come from?

o

Alison I just mailed your box. You should have it by Saturday.

DC# 0306 1070 0005 0859 1601

Mariann

o

I wanted to send my box out, but it's still a little too chilly (40*) for live plant material so, I'm holding off until Monday. The weather is warming up again in the 80's beginning next week.

Deb

o

Mariann,

Your box of plants arrived today! What a thrill to get plants to put straight in the ground! I had just finished weeding a large patch of my driveway bed, so they all went straight in there for now, with their markers. I'm going to move them as soon as I finish building the cat bed. I also wanted to get them straight into the ground, cause it looks like we are about to get 4 straight days of rain.

They were all still in great shape, including the corydalis. I'm going to have to move that in to my rockery, though. I wasn't sure what conditions it needs, but from reading about it on the web, it looks like that will be the right spot for it.

Thanks so much for real live plants. I'm more than thrilled!

It's so wonderful that spring is finally here, but unfortunately, I took advantage of the good weather and spent the day weeding a bed, instead of digging some plants for Heather, which was what I intended.

I have plenty of other stuff to send you, though, Heather, so, have no fear, packages (yes, more than one) will be going out tomorrow! Yes, to-very-morrow! I promised you some live plants, and they too will be going out as soon as the rain stops (unless the weather gurus are lying).

Thanks again, Mariann! Hope everyone has a great evening.

Alison

o

Alison you are too funny! To-very-morrow...your killin me...How funny. I can't wait to get it. You don't have to send me 2 boxes. One is very much enough. I too was out today weeding for a bit until the rain came. Now we are supposed to get it for like 3 days straight. I am mad. All my plants are finally coming up and I have all these plans to rework everything and pull out all the extra stuff and well..the list goes on and on....Maybe I will catch up on some Spring cleaning. That way when the rain does stop I can really play outside! Well I am off to bed. Will try and post again tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!~Heather

o

Hi Heather!

Ok, one package is on its way! Hope you like it. DC# 0304 1560 0004 0207 9861

Yes, another one is coming too. This one I sent today didn't have room for the things I brought home from England.

Alison

o

Heather, Just wanted to let you know that a second box is on its way. DC # 0304 1560 0004 0206 6335. I sent the first one Priority, cause I needed a flat rate box for it. This second one went Parcel Post, so it may take a couple more days. Hope you like it.

Alison

o

Deb, your package is ready to go I will mail it out after work Monday. I hated waiting til the last moment but I didn't want the plants to not make it.
I will post confirmation as soon as I send it:)
micke

o

Tina's package went out today. USPS #0307 0020 0003 7581 8631.
I waited for the warmer temperatures to send it because it has plant material in it.

Hope you enjoy it Tina!

Deb

o

I am so embarrassed about being so late. I took Mariann's box to the Post Office yesterday but forgot to address it! It will go out today and I will post the DC# later.

I'm usually one of the first to send not the last. I apologize.

Hope you like what I'm sending.

Sue

o

Galium,

Your package is on its way! DC # 0306 3030 0001 2176 3641

o

Alison your the bomb girl! I got your first box the other day. I haven't had a chance to post. alison sent me many great plates to kick start my mosaic hobbie. I love them. She also sent me a new cutting tool to use for making them. And she also sent a gift certificate to Gardens North and some seeds I have been wanting badly! They were-coleus-super rainbow volcano,alyssum easter bonnet deep rose and wonderland copper,columbine-lime frost and geranium confetti. I can't believe all the goodies you sent me and to think I have another box coming. I feel so spoiled. I am starting these seeds today along with my other annuals. The weather is goreous again here. Alison you really made my day! I just love it all!

o

Sue your box arrived today. I love everything you sent you really out did yourself.

For starters there was a succulent and an impatiens. Also a Sterling Silver Aromatherapy necklace with interchangeable jade stones. An adorable ceramic floral wall hook (I know just where I'm going to hang it). Gladiola's, my most favorite flower. Lavender body wash, a book titled "Garden Of Friendship" featuring the artwork of Thomas Kinkade. I am an art nut.... Last but not least an Aromatherapy Oil's set.

I am overwhelmed Sue, thank you so much.

Hugs,
Mariann

o

I received the most wonderful box from bogartbaby on Wednesday! I came home to find this HUGE heavy box and when I opened it the first things that came out were a really nice sweet potato vine (it even had a flower on it!), a pink and green plant really lovely (I can't think of the name of it) and a variegated sage (so beautiful in the pot I put it in). And I received a lot of decor for my gardens -- a decorative painted rock, four really big garden stakes decorated like shovels and hoes, a metal birdhouse looks like a purse, two frogs on rocks and also a victorian like covered box full of flavored coffees and a wonderful golden journal and pen and a simply gorgeous ceramic teapot. I also received the nicest big flat turtle ( I just started collecting turtles - how did you know?!) unfortunately he broke in transit but I'm going to try to fix him.

I loved everything! Thanks so much!

o

Ok~I got my second box from Alison, and WOW I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I opened it! I hope you got my email Alison the day I received it in the mail. I sent you a very Big Thank You email because I didn't have time to post that day. I wanted to make sure I had the time to do a proper posting on the wonderful goodies I received. Sometimes my emails don't get thru to gardenwebbers. Hope it did get to you, because I am one happy camper-as we used to say in the day-not sure if people still say that, but that's what I am!
Where to begin.....let's see....well I have been searching everywhere for these blue bottles. I saw this article in one of my magazines of these gorgeous blue bottles on the ends of bamboo poles stuck in the ground all around a flower bed. I have been wanting to do this to my Son's sensory garden. Thought it would nmake a good sight addition to it. Well I have searched and searched with no luck. The only one I came across was at an antique store and they wanted 12 for one bottle-yeouch! Well when I opened that box there sat not 1 but 6 bottles! Perfect for what I would like to do. I can't wait to set this up. I will have to post pics on our site when everything is grown in around them. She also sent me these fabulous vegetarian cookbooks. I have already enjoyed bookmarking ones that I can't wait to try. I didn't have any of them. I sat down that night with the wonderful coffee you sent from England-very good by the way-I love it-the flavor is so rich-and the yummy chocolates you sent(2 bags of lindors truffles-one dark and one milk-love em). I sat on my backporch and drank coffee and browsed recipes. Very relaxing after a day working. Alison also sent me a book to go with the mosaic supplies she sent before, and she also sent more plates. I really can't wait to get this project rolling. The book is great and will be very useful, as I wasn't sure how to get started. Alison also sent some christmas pudding from England which I am going to try tonight with some more of the coffee-on the backporch of course. She also sent one of my favorite things-garden lions! I love love love garden lions and these are so cool. They are little pot feet sitters. I have the perfect pot to put on them too. It is a large pot I keep my tree rose in. With the rose and old pot it is in, it is the perfect combination with how these little guys look. I will have to get a pic of that too to post on our new site. And she even remembered my kitties. She sent a bag of cat toys. My cats went hog wild over those. My one kitty plays fetch like a dog and he has taken a liking to the dog shaped one. Too funny. Now they can leave me alone after coming in from working in the garden smelling of catnip. Does anyone else's cats do that? Mine are all over me when I come in from outside. I really hope I didn't leave anything out. This box was just so fabulous. Alison you are the best!!! I can't wait to repay your kindness when I have you as my partner to send to. Thank you Thank you Thank you-you truly made my day.~Heather

o

Micke,
Your box arrived today! I'll post tomorrow what was in the box when I have more time.

Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here