Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poisondartfrog

new: new: color of the month swap april: white

poisondartfrog
14 years ago

White is my favorite flower color. If we get at least 5 participants we will go forward. Sign up until April 2 and any seeds sent to the swap should be postmarked by April 10. I want to turn this one around as quickly as possible so that we still have time to sow. I will mail out as soon as I have received everyone's envelope.

To paraphrase my predecessors:

Any seed that produces a white flower, fruit, herb or vegetable or has a name including the word ÂWhite or brings the color white to mind is welcome. Please do not send anything other than seeds (no plants, bulbs, cuttings, etc.).

Please donÂt send invasive plants, noxious weeds, or seeds more than 2 years old (unless you know theyÂre viable.). Please include the following on the packet label: the name of the seed, year collected/packed for, your GW name, and whether your seeds are from a commercial source or hand-collected.

You may send as many as 10 packets or as little as 1: any amount over 10 will be considered extra. Those who send extras will get extras back, depending on the varieties sent in. Please donÂt send more than 2 packets of the same variety.

Please send in the number of seeds per pack that you would be comfortable receiving yourself. This may vary depending on the variety. As a general rule, there should be a minimum of 10 seeds per pack.

After signing up here on this thread, please send me an e-mail with your full name & address and your GardenWeb name. Early next week I will start sending my mailing information if there is sufficient interest.

Include all of the following in the bubble envelope with your seeds:

1 Mailing label with your full address on it.

2. Stamps equal to what you used to mail your envelope to me. Don't worry about sending more than that.

3. Please make sure your GW name appears on any packet you send in so that I don't return your own seeds to you.

4. Please let me know if you'd prefer edibles, ornamentals or a mix. I will do my best to adhere to your wishes within the limits of what is sent in. If there's something 'White' that you're specifically looking for, feel free to post it here and include a note in your envelope.

I have a lot of great white seeds to share!

Alana

Comments (35)

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

let me check to see how many white seeds I have

• jaynine
    14 years ago

Please sign me up. I have lots to share, too. Thanks!

• dem_pa
    14 years ago

Sign me up.

Don (dem_pa)

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

okay, I"m good to go...sign me up!

• cybermeowz
    14 years ago

Sign me up! This is the second year that I am working on a moon garden so I would love to find some more white seeds!!!

Thanks,
    Penny

• ten_steps_ahead
    14 years ago

Let me check out my stash...

• myrandal
    14 years ago

I would love to do this!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

I, too am setting up my moon garden this year so this is wonderful! Please count me in Alana.

Emailing you now..

~Wendy / sassyb.

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay folks. Looks like we have lift-off!
    I have emailed my address to the participants so far.
    Let me know if you did not receive it.
    Thanks, Alana

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I can't compete with Janine's daily pink posts, but here are some clickable thumbs of "white" from my garden last summer. White is so clean and fresh and looks great in any planting scheme:

{{gwi:31304}}

More white photos next week!
    Happy spring,
    Alana

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

Sign me up, I have some whites that I can spare.

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Welcome hibiscusfan! I will send you mailing info in a bit.
    Happy weekend.
    Alana

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

More of last season's whites:

• jaynine
    13 years ago

Alana~Mailed my seeds this morning.
    Nice pictures, very pretty!

• jmt2213
    13 years ago

Can I still join if I have my seeds out tomorrow? Please!

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You may. So far, I have received Don's seeds.

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

More "white" from last season:

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

BEAUTIFUL pics!

Mine will be going out tomorrow from the p.o. I put them in the box late this afternoon. Sorry for the delay, had bday going's on's this week and I got a bit sidetracked. :)

~Wendy / sassyb.

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

No problem Wendy. jmt, I sent you my address again. The first time I used GW mail.....
    As soon as I get all the envelopes in, I should be able to get these redistributed quickly.

More white:

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I should have mentioned-I have received Janine's seeds.
    Thanks!
    Alana

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Alana ~ on your picture posting on April 5th, the first pic.. what flower is that ? That's just gorgeous! Is it some type of frilly morning glory?

I forgot to mention previously, but I am interested in ornamentals only and/or any white flowering herbs would be fine as well. I have PLENTY of veggies sprouting right now. :)

Thanks!
    Wendy / sassyb.

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

Alana, I need your address..I can't seem to locate it. Sorry for the delay..have alot of stuff going on at the moment..and of course, none of it good..."sigh"

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Linda, I sent you an email. Hibiscusfan, I received your seeds.
    Sassy, that is a hige flowered Ipomoea purpurea. So pretty! It is not a named cultivar and not all of the plants from the seed I save are white. Each year there are some very dark purples and some light blues. Let me know if you would like me to send you some seeds knowing that there is a high probability some of them will look like this:

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sassy's seeds have arrived. Just a few to go.
    Alana

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have received Penny's seeds.
    I am almost ready to sort and send.
    Alana

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Alana ~ If I received only those seeds for the Ipomoea I would be thrilled! lol I love love love to see what surprises come from OP seeds like that. I would really love to try growing them this year in my garden!!

Linda ~ I'm sending hugs and 'good' feelings your way!! I hope things get better!

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassyb.

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

Alana, mine should be there by tomorrow at the latest I hope, unless they got there today.."crossing fingers"

Wendy, thanks for the hugs and good feelings..((HUG)) back

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I received Linda's seeds yesterday and sorted last night. I will be mailing them out at lunch today.
    Thanks everyone!!
    Alana

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

YAY!!!

• poisondartfrog
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I did not mention that I had received Jenny's seeds. Sorry Jenny. I have been pressed for time lately and I missed reporting yours.
    Unless other folks have mail service like mine they should all be home by the weekend.
    Happy sowing and growing,
    Alana

• lindaruzicka
    13 years ago

my seeds arrived today! Thanks to everyone and our wonderful hostess!.."round of applause"

• jaynine
    13 years ago

Mine came, too. Thanks to all!

• dem_pa
    13 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks to all who added to my addiction. Thanks to a great hostess.

Don

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Alana ~ I rec'd my seed pkg yesterday and I am THRILLED!!! I've already planted the Ipomoea you shared with me, thank you soooo much!!! Thanks to all of you for sending in such lovely seeds!

Hugs,
    Wendy / sassyb.

• cybermeowz
    13 years ago

Alana, I received my seeds Saturday. I'm getting ready to plant some of them today. Thank you for such an awesome selection!!! These color of the month swaps are some of my very favorite swaps because I always get some really interesting seeds back.

Thank you again for hosting!

Penny