Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattygrow5

UPDATE: What I have left on my want lists seeds on their way

pattygrow5
18 years ago

I got the last package and I only have a few more to get done

here's how I did it all of the seeds marked for each person we put in an envelope with their name on I went through each persons seeds if there were doubles I left only one of that type in then if they sent say 20 seeds and got say 30 I picked the best 23 to send them(3 are a bonus from me)put the other seeds in a big bowl(so some seeds will have others name on). Did this with each person those of us who didn't get a lot sent for us (because our wants are so specific and harder to come by) of course are the ones who sent more wants because we have so many varieties. I had to send you some(only some) things not on your wants then I dug into my seeds and tried to send you different things you might not have(I wanted you all to be happy)I think you all will be post here let me know if you like your packets. I then took any leftover seeds and split them up between you all and put them in a little ziploc. Ladies I put in over 150 packets in some are my special stash seeds. I have a few I have to add more of my seeds to today to bring them up to their sent amount plus 3 from me they will go out tomorrow morning . The most sent was sunnysmiles with 105 wants sent. I am going to send her an extra package with some special things next week. I hope you all had fun. I have to do this again next year a lot of work but a lot of fun.I got to take some things off my want list.Thanks to all of you. Patty

Comments (18)

• Nancy
    18 years ago

I am sure we all are grateful for your hard work, I know that has to be a lot to do. I have never hosted a swap before, far too fearful I will mess things up. Sure wish I could have filled more wishes, maybe next year!

• carolyn18810
    18 years ago

Patty,

Thanks so much for hosting - I am sure, as always, that you have done a wonderful job.

Happy Gardening!

Carolyn

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

Thanks so much Patty, I'm fine with whatever you decided - it sure is a lot of work for you and I appreciate it.

• sunshine123
    18 years ago

i can home from along day of work to find a package waiting for me .i really enjoyed this round can't wait to do it again next i can and will send more.and thank you patty for letting me join and for hosting this round here is what i got i got 23 of my wants plus 3 bonus seeds 2 extras
    1.carnation hardy mixed seeds
    2.calla lily seeds
    3.centauea seeds
    4.mesclun seeds
    5.pink rose bush seeds
    6.moonflower vine seeds
    7.eggplant black beauty seed
    8.tomato beefsteak seeds
    9.buddleia black knight seeds
    10.butterfly blue scabiosa pincushion flower seeds
    11.chaters double apricot hollyhock
    12.giant of naples italian parsley seeds
    13.summer savory
    14.candy lily
    15.parsley italian flat seeds
    16.fukien tea tree seeds
    17.sweet marjorum seeds
    18.anise hyssop seeds
    19.rose cornelia seeds
    20.bronze fennel seeds
    21.basil mammoth mixed delphiniums seeds
    22.garlic chives seeds
    23.oregano seeds
    24.clematis seeds
    25.crimson clover
    26.cosmos sensation mix seeds
    27.scarlett o'hara mg seeds
    28 dianthus blue seeds

thank everyone who sent to me

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

I am sure that everyone will be thrilled with there seeds! If I even got a few things off my list I will be!!
    Thanks for all the work you put into this and hope next year I can feel more wishes! Be looking forward to the package! Melinda

• ggwrn
    18 years ago

I received my package today! Wow! I received some great seeds from my list (just when I thought I was through planting seeds lol). Many many thanks to everyone who sent seeds in for me and thank you Patty for all of your hard work. This was a great swap! I hope you will do it again next year.

Ginger

• Nancy
    18 years ago

Got mine today too, so many I was looking for, & several that wasn't on my wish list, but someone must have known I would want them :) We picked up the mail on the way out of town this morning, I was looking thru them in the car. My husband dropped me off & I left them in the car. Otherwise I would be sitting, drooling over them right now! My thanks to all who shared their seeds with me, and Patty, you're just the BEST!

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I am so happy you guys like them and by the way the last 4 went out Friday morning on the way to work so heads up to all
    they'll be there soon.Patty

• threeshyacres
    18 years ago

Hi pattygrow and fellow gardeners!
    I just wanted to thanks everyone for sharing their seeds with me....what fun! I keep looking through my package, feeling very gleeful about what I have received. I am just tickled, and now...more excited than EVER to get out there and dig up the yard~~ !
    My sincere thanks to everyone and I hope you received many wonderful wishes too....
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

I received my envelope full of wonderful seeds. Thanks for doing a great job, Patty!

• carolyn18810
    18 years ago

Got my seeds yesterday! It was fun going through all the packets and I just can't wait for the good weather and to get back out into my gardens!

Thanks so much for hosting Patty.

Happy Gardening to all.
    Carolyn

• shirley1md
    18 years ago

I received my bubble envelope filled with many of my seed wishes yesterday too! Lots of great bonuses also!! Thanks to everyone for contributing their seeds and making my gardening wishes come true!

However, the BIGGEST THANKS goes to Patty, our Round Robin Coordinator, who worked long hours sorting through hundreds of seed packets, matching up wishes with actual packets of seeds, distributing, adding "extras", and then mailing off lot of envelopes to participants!!! A BIG round of applause for Patty!!! This wouldn't have been possible without YOU!!!

• romando
    18 years ago

Hi! I got my package today as well. Thank you so so so much! I'm tickled! Can't wait to get started! Thanks again, Patty-- another great swap!

Amanda 'romando'

• romando
    18 years ago

Hi! I got my package today as well. Thank you so so so much! I'm tickled! Can't wait to get started! Thanks again, Patty-- another great swap!

Amanda 'romando'

• SunnySmiles51
    18 years ago

I received many of my wants plus some other nice seeds today also.
    Thanks to everyone for sharing.
    Thank You Patty for hosting and would love to do it again sometime.
    Sunny

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm glad you all are happy with your seeds and I will do this again next year but will start it in January so we can get the seeds back sooner and Sunny I will be sending your something special in a couple days.Thanks everyone you all made my work easy it was fun

• patrob
    18 years ago

I have participated in several wish list swaps in the past, but I have never received so many of my wishes! There was absolutely nothing in my envelope that I am not excited to receive. Thanks to all of you and, of course, special thanks to our hostess, Patty. I hope to have even more to share next year!
    Patricia

• JoyceKy1
    18 years ago

Hi Patty
    I received my package today and it was full of wants and extra's. I am so happy with what I received! I would like to thank everyone that sent me seeds, and a BIG Thank You to Patty for putting it all together!!! Pauletta

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH