Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sjc48

March/April FOTESS Round Robin Poetry Swap!

sjc48
11 years ago

Hi Everyone, and welcome to the Friends of the Earth - Simple Swap for March. During March and April, we're going to do a Poetry Round Robin!

But first, FOTESS is a group that requires membership. We emphasize being friendly to the earth by sharing seeds, recycling, upcycling and sharing what we have read and enjoyed. If you are interested in becoming a member, contact Jeanne or myself.

Some of you may remember the Poetry Swap we did last April. I think everyone enjoyed it and we discovered that many of our members are good poets!

I'd like to try a variation of that theme this year and host a Poetry Round Robin. Many thanks to Jeanne for "donating" her month of March, so that we would have time to complete a true round robin.

Here's what would happen:
1. I'll post the first two lines of the poem on the swap site.

2. Then I'll send:
a, The first two lines of the poem,
b, 1 pack of seeds,
c. The list of instructions and the addresses
to the first person in line.

3. When that person receives the package, she will:
a. Remove the seeds and put them in her stash,
b. Post on the site that she received,
c. Write the next two lines of the poem,
d. Post the ENTIRE poem on the swap site
e. Cross her name off the list,
f. Mail the ENTIRE poem, 1 pack of seeds, the list of instructions and addresses on to the next person on the list.

I hope everyone can understand this! I would love to see LOTS of our members joining in on this, BUT in order for this to work, when you sign up, YOU MUST BE COMMITTED TO SENDING OUT YOUR PACKAGE WITHIN A DAY OR TWO OF RECEIVING!!

The order in which we mail will always be posted here on the site. I'll be keeping a close watch on all proceedings!

It should be fun and interesting to see what direction the poem takes, with all of us working on it!

Signups are until March 13th; I'll start the poem on it's way on the 14th. The swap will be finished when the poem has made it's way to all players and back to me, hopefully by the end of April. If not, we'll just keep on playing and writing until it's completed!

I'm going to use a legal sized envelope and 2 forever stamps to mail out. No DC required. Use your own judgement on how to mail.

If anyone would like to organize a game, bless you, I know I'm not going to have time. Just post here if you would like to do that!

Okay, I think I've covered everything. Any questions, concerns? Let me know!

Anybody up for writing some poetry?!
We'd love to have you join in!
Shirley!

Comments (150)

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Shirley, I don't know how that maintains secrecy. If I am D for example, everyone else knows that, too. What am I missing?

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No, No, what am I missing?

How does everyone know you are D? If we only post the numbers and letters?

Everybody, would you please email me your lists?!
    This is kinda funny!

Oh crap. Just got it. Color me red, extraordinarily bright red.
    Shirley!

• kchd
    11 years ago

We were all just waiting for everyone else to post their lists. That way, we'd all be sure to get them all right!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am really embarassed!
    But I thought I'd share this picture anyway; this little guy was visiting the crocus's today!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

That's lovely Shirley. That little bee looks lonely but I'm sure his friends will be along soon.

Don't be embarrassed. At first I thought you were setting up some kind of April Fool's joke! For once my confusion was justified. LOL. That was almost as fun as the game,
    Alana

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh shoot! Silly me! Thanks for reminding me, YES, that's exactly what I was trying to do!

Anybody buying that?

So far, Janine is winning the game, but, and I'm sorry, it won't take much to beat her!

Sorry,Janine, when I embarrass myself, I get cruel.

At this rate, I'll be cruel for the whole month of April!

Lord, I need to get to bed.
    Shirley!

• jaynine
    11 years ago

How many did I get right? One (including my own)? No matter; nothing can bother me today because the sun's out and the Easter bunny brought me an early present:

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Beautiful little bug! What year, Janine?

Yes, you're right, yourself and one other!
    But now you are in a tie with Jeanne, who also got herself and one other!
    We need a tie breaker here, folks!

Well, the girls are upstairs trying to lure the cats out from under the bed and not having much luck!
    Better go check, don't want any pulled tails or scratched arms!
    Shirley!

• poisondartfrog
    11 years ago

Janine, I want you to have your Easter Bunny talk to my local Easter Bunny. The DQ Blizzard I got treated to was totally lame compared to what you got. What year? I learned to drive in a '68 that color.

I just sent my answers. That was hard. As soon as I thought I had one figured out, I would decide I could not possibly be correct.
    Alana

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    11 years ago

That was my first car. It was a '69 VW bug in light blue except I was driving it in 1987. My parents got it painted red later. No air. Stick shift. Great on gas mileage.

Shirley, I sent my answers in for the game.

I replanted 400 bulbs today and replanted part of my front flower bed now that the retaining wall is in. My gluteous maximus and my right big toe are sore. (The toe is from the boots and kneeling along the curb to plant.)

Not a single sprout from the winter sowing. I know...patience. If nothing happens it will be a short ride to the dumpster, but it's still early. At least that's what I keep saying under my breath. Last year I messed up the ones that had sprouted and they died--except for 3 flowers. My dad dug them out for the wall. He didn't know. We even got a little rain! Praise the Lord!

Heidi

• smitties
    11 years ago

Just finished cleaning up our Easter dinner. Had it a day early because we will be taking our son back to college tomorrow and it is a 7 hour round trip.

I just sent in my guesses and I can say I probably only got one right. LOL That was fun but tough.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter. Margo

• jaynine
    11 years ago

Happy Easter everyone.
    My little car is a 1973 Super Beetle 'autostick'. I learned to drive on a manual, but this takes some getting used to (I think I can manage).
    Margo~have a safe trip. Alana~I'll put in a good word for you, but it took the Bunny (otherwise known as Dave) 25 years to deliver, so no promises that he'll get around to talking to your Bunny anytime soon.

• Melinda Hagen
    11 years ago

I'm still working on my questions! Everyone have a wonderful Easter! I hope to send mine in tomorrow! So not sure on some! Melinda

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Happy Eastter!
    Don't worry about the game, Shirley. Alana's right. It was an April Fool.
    I thought I would share my Easter tree with you. Can't believe all the Easter decorations I have amassed.
    Have a great day!
    Jeanne

• sjc48
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy Easter, Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day! My company left earlier today, and WOW, is it quiet here!

Jeanne, how pretty your Easter Tree is! Love the candle holder too! Thanks for sharing!

Well, unknown to all the rest of you, we had some real excitement in the game over the weekend!

As you will recall, Janine was in the lead with two correct guesses. All of a sudden, she got into a tie with Jeanne, who also posted two correct guesses!

Heidi and Alana did nothing to change that tie, by each posting one correct guess. So sad, ladies! Guess who they guessed?

Then yesterday Margo took a commanding lead by posting 3 correct guesses! Woo Hoo!

Sadly, her lead only lasted until this morning when Suzanne also weighed in with 3 correct guesses, so we are right back to being tied for 1st place!!

Melinda! Yours could be the next tiebreaker!
    Oh, the excitement!

And don't forget, the Robin should be reaching Ruth in Texas early this coming week, can't wait to see what Ruth adds to the poem!

And now I want to apologize to all our members who had Birthdays in March - I totally forgot to post here about your special day! So, belatedly, a Happy Birthday goes out to Ellie, Janine, Mandy, Diane and Jeanne!
    I hope you all had really great B-Days!

Well, better get the house "neatened up" and get ready for a new week!
    Talk to ya all later!
    Shirley!

• canyonwind
    11 years ago

This game...to darn funny!!!!!

Shirley, just emailed you my losing guesses!!

Happy belated Easter to all! I do hope your day was gay! Did you all wear your Easter bonnets?

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

More excitement in the Game!

Margo and Suzanne were tied for first place all morning, until I came home for lunch and discovered that Annie had come roaring in with 4 correct guesses! 4! Whoa! Good going, Annie, hope it lasts, because I have to tell ya all, it got a little tense right after work, when I saw that Katie and Melinda had emailed their guesses. But there is no reason to panic, because they each only had two correct guesses. Puts them right down there with Jeanne and Janine.Still not in last place, that would be Alana and Heidi. We're going to need a tiebreaker for last place!

Ladies, we still have a whole day to go before the game is closed. Annie, you could still go down to defeat. Not that I am wishing you will, just saying, you could just as easy win, maybe. Oh never mind, I'm just babbling!

And no, I didn't wear an Easter bonnet, maybe I should have, because I caught a chill yesterday, and haven't felf exactly right all day. That could account for my negativity, Annie!

Well, enought excitement for one night! I'm off to bed,
    talk to ya all tomorrow!
    Shirley!

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Last place! Man. I had to think really hard to not even accidentally guess one correctly :)

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Wow, I was sure I had at least 3 or 4 right! Boy! This is a tough one, but has been fun!

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

How can anyone resist the game with Shirley as our commentator!
    Did anyone get fooled or fool someone yesterday?
    Not me.

Jeanne

• ruthz
    10 years ago

The FOTESS RR Poem was in my mailbox when I got home today.
    Along with seeds from my want list, Green Mist Laceflower.
    I keep trying to grow this and sometimes get a flower.
    Annie, thanks for the chance to try again. Love this flower.

The poem will be on it's way to Melinda tomorrow (Wednesday).

Spring is on its way!

A haze of green and longer days,
    And lots and lots of rain!
    Helps Nature work behind the scene
    As sunshine pushes through the gray.

Upwards pass the tender tulips,
    Companion of the daffodil,
    So lovely, but I sigh, there are the evil weeds to dig,
    Battle them tomorrow, for now a glass of wine.

First blooms of redbud glow pink and bright
    Under a clear blue canopy in the morning sunlight

This picture was taken yesterday @ Clark Gardens Botanical Park. It was sunny & 84 degrees.
    Enjoy!!!

This post was edited by ruthz on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 17:51

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ruth! How beautiful! Both the picture and the poem!
    I love how it all fits together!
    And thank you for posting and sending out quickly.
    Melinda! Heads up, the Robin is on the way!

84 degrees? We are in a sunny, but really cold spell right now. I feel like a dufus wearing my winter coat, but it's too cold for spring coats/jackets.

I think our poem is coming along quite nicely, don't you? Everyone seems to be trying to say "Spring is coming" and in so many ways! Good job so far, ladies!

Well, nothing new on the game. Annie is still in the lead! You all have until tomorrow night to send in your guesses. Anyone else wanna play?

Alana, what an ambiguous, terse sentence and I think I understand it!

Jeanne, no, no one played an April Fool's joke on me, nor I on them, wasn't feeling too great, I may have missed it!

Melinda, I'm very glad I didn't have to guess any of these!

Still feeling a little under the weather, wish it would resolve itself, either go to a full blown cold, or just go away!

Talk to ya all tomorrow,
    Ruth, thanks again for the lovely picture
    Shirley!

• smitties
    10 years ago

Shirley, I feel your pain. I came down with a cold on Monday and it just keeps playing little games all over my face. First, my throat will hurt, then my nose will start tickling and then hurting, then my teeth hurt, and over and over. Last night I had to get up to take some meds so I could sleep but I didn't sleep well. I have a 5k to do on Saturday evening. It is a "glo run" so starts at 8:30 pm. No plans to run much but do want to do it. Healthy all winter and now I get a cold. UGH.
    Another deceiving day. Sunny and warm looking but so cold. Have a good day. Margo

• ruthz
    10 years ago

The Robin is flying to Arkansas.

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Evening!
    I'm a last minute game player...please wait...sending my answers right now.

Those were VERY hard! I think I'm in the running for last place :)

Getting ready to go camping this week. BBBRRRR! Only 34 today! Hopefully going up to 50 tomorrow. I must be crazy, but, I love a good spring hike.

Have a great night!
    vina

ps. Shirley, I counted my tomatoes coming up this year. 67 of them! HA!! The funny thing is I'm allergic to them!! :D

• smitties
    10 years ago

Good evening everyone. I thought that I would stop by and share my recent news. I found out a couple of weeks ago that I am going to be a grandmother!!!!!!! I couldn't share the news until my other kids found out. My second son and his wife are expecting their first child in October. They told their brothers and sisters tonight so now I can spread the news!!!!!! I am so excited. They live in Texas and we are in Ohio so won't see much of him/her but with skype, we can see him/her on our computer everyday if want. LOL

Margo

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Way to go, Vina, you aren't last!

Of course, you aren't in first place either, or even in second, in fact you are right down in there in third with Jeanne, Melinda, Katie and Janine at 2 guesses each, but hey, it isn't last! That still goes to Heidi and Alana!

Yes, the game is officially over and before I post all the winners, along with tie breakers for 2nd, 3rd and 4th place, I want to post the list of who sent in what tidbits:

1. I am a secret royal watcher - Me!

2, When my husband and I retire, we are going to travel cross country on our motorcycles - Vina!

3. I don't like cantaloupe - I do like watermelon and honeydews, however! - Jeanne

4. I attended a performing arts high school and "lettered" in stagecraft and ballet - Katie!

5. A few years ago, I decided to try rapelling to face my fear of heights....I had to be scraped off the side of the cliff....mortifying! - Alana!

6. My husband is the only guy I've ever kissed - Heidi!

7. I am tatooed - Janine!

8, I hate to fly - Margo!

9. I once got kicked out of school and off the school bus for breaking a boy's jaw. - Melinda! What I didn't post was that he was continually tormenting her, and she used her foot!

1. I have been arrested 2 times - never cuffed, but I was guilty - Annie!

11.I am 11 years older than my DH - Suzanne!

And there you have it! Quite amazing, isn't it?

And now for the Winners:

Annie, of course, in First Place, with 4 correct guesses;

Margo and Suzanne in Second Place, with 3 correct guesse each;

Jeanne, Melinda, Vina, Katie and Janine in 3rd place with 2 correct answers each; and

Alana and Heidi in last place, with one correct guess each.

A small prize will also be given to Margo, whom you all guessed the most - 4 people guessed that Margo hates to fly!

And a small prize also to Jeanne or Melinda, whom you all guessed the least - a grand total of 1 guess each!

Annie and Margo, your prizes will be sent out to you next week. Congratulations!

All of the rest of you will have to endure tiebreakers!

Jeanne and Melinda, email me the answer to this question:
    How many Lighthouses are there in Door County, Wisconsin?
    First one to email me with the correct answer is the winner!You have until tomorrow night!

Heidi and Alana, I'll post your tiebreaker tomorrow evening.

Thanks for playing the game, Everyone! Stay tuned for the rest of the winners and of course, lest we forget, the poem wihich is winging it's way to Melinda!

Thanks for the beautiful Iris picture, Vina, that is stunning!
    Goodnight!
    Shirley!

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Margo, Great News! You just might have to learn to like flying!
    Shirley!

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Beautiful photo Vina! What Iris is that?
    Margo, congratulations on the new family member!
    Janine, I am curious. What kind of tatoos do you like?

Shirley, you come up with the coolest games!

Melinda, thank you again for the seeds you sent me in February's swap. The Canna seeds from Summerhill turned into this. I am loving the red foliaged example.

• jaynine
    10 years ago

Good Morning everyone.
    That game was so hard, but so interesting. We should play it again!
    Congratulations Margo~exciting news!
    Alana~here's a picture of 2 of my 3 tattoos (the other one is on a place that must not be mentioned in polite company...ahem...and is a full moon & cloud).

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

Those are perfect, Janine-just right for your Bug.

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good Evening All!
    Janine, thanks for posting the pic! I think they are totally appropriate for a GWer! Forgot about the 60s flower thing.

Well, Jeanne and Melinda both sent in their tiebreaking answers and Jeanne is the winner with 12!
    Melinda, there are TWO separate Baileys Harbor Range lights, which make it 12. I didn't count the ruin or the outer island lights.
    Congratulations Jeanne, your prize will be out to you next week!

All Righty, on to the next tiebreaker!
    Alana and Heidi, email me the answer to this question:
    How many current queens regnant are there in the remaining European Monarchies?
    First one with the correct answer breaks the tie and wins!

Heidi, are you feeling better? Keep forgetting to ask!

And Jeanne, at one time Michigan had over 150 lighthouses, lots of which have been restored, and about a third of them are still working lights. AND South Carolina has some of the truly iconic lights, wish I could make a trip to see them!

Okay, back to Poetry! As soon as we are done, for real, with the game, I will post another game with a poetic theme. Will also try to post some Poetry facts.

Have a great night all!
    Shirley!

10 years ago

I sent you my answer, Shirley!
    Are you a Royals watcher, too? This question is one of Royals--a different kind. I prefer Downton Abbey--a total addict. They need to make more episodes!
    Yes, I am feeling better. Finally.
    My husband was working 200 miles away, home on weekends. Good money and benefits, but not good enough to support two places to live, utilities, etc. He just got a job 10 miles away and started this week. Pay cut and no benefits, but he'll be home and be around his girls who really need him. They are 16 (almost 17) and 13. Stress with change, but good change. I'm putting my stress into my flower bed!!! Planted hostas and peonies yesterday and watered them like crazy. Have daffodils blooming. My 13-yr-old started her own strawberry patch and keeps asking for flower seeds. I think I have a flower disciple! I'm in seventh heaven.
    Heidi

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Margo, congratulations on that anticipated grandbaby!
    I wish I could say something special to all of you, but my typing on GardenWeb is still only when I wait and wait and wait for the letters to appear in the message block. It's so bad!
    I can't believe I guessed the number of lighthouses. I had no idea. The answers on the first quiz were so hard that I sure wasn't going to win that.
    The poem is looking great!
    Jeanne

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Nice poetry Ruth....

And the tidbit game was a tough game!!!!! Quite an interesting group of ladies here!!!!! I did not figure Jaynine to be the tatoo lady....LOL! Great game Shirley, as always!!!

GW is acting very strange, has been for a while. I have been trying to get on this thread for a few days and have been unable to even pull it up.

Happy Friday!!

Annie

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi All, sorry I'm so late posting - came home from work sick and have been in bed ever since. I have chills, a headache and some kind of sore spot on the bottom of my ribs, like they were bruised. Real bummer.

This is going to be very quick.

Heidi and Alana, I have an apology for you, that wretched word WAS spelled right. No matter, because Heidi hasn't got back to me yet, and Alana, you did, so even if you did get it wrong the second time, you are the winner! She guessed 2 queens regnant and there are 3.
    Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain
    Queen Margrethe of Denmark and
    Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands.

Congratulations Alana!

Regnant, even when not misspelled, means the queen was born next in line to the throne, in the absence of a male heir. She is a queen in her own right, unlike some who have married into the royal family.

Actually, if we had waited another few weeks or so, Alana would have been right because on April 30 Queen Beatrix is abdicating in favor of her son and heir, Willem Alexander. He will be the first king of the Netherlands in 130 years, give or take a few.

Okay, onward!
    Jeanne, Melinda, Vina, Katie and Janine, email me the answer to this question, and I promise, this is the last royal question!
    Who holds the title of Princess of Wales?
    You have until tomorrow night to send in your answer!

Melinda, any word on the Robin yet?

I'm going back to bed, folks.
    Shirley

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Ladies!

Well, I've only heard from Katie and Jeanne, and they were both wrong. I think that what I'll do is keep this open until tomorrrow at noon, and go from there.

As far as the Robin goes, I'll wait until Monday and if we haven't heard anything, we'll move on to Plan B!

Feeling a bit better, still really tired.
    And I think I'll head back to bed!
    Talk to ya all tomorrow!
    Shirley!

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Good morning!

Got back from camping early this morning, had some coffee and sitting back and checking the GW :)

Spring camping is WAY colder than we thought it would be!! We had campfires and our cabin was "kinda" heated, lol!! All in all we did have a great time! Loved the hiking and the little streams were starting to trickle down the ravines to the lake....so pretty! No bear sightings...darn it! :)

Shirley, sorry to hear your not feeling well. Get better soon! I'm sending you my answer to the tie breaker right now.

Have a super Sunday!!
    vina

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And we have a winner!
    Janine, your guess of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall is correct!

Everyone else guessed Ditzy Di, oops, sorry, Princess Diana, who was indeed the LAST Princess of Wales, And who knows, had she lived, maybe the royal family would have let her retain the title as a courtesy for being the mother of the heir, but we'll never know.

The wife of the Prince of Wales IS the POW, no matter how many wives he may have had. Camilla gained the title when she married Charles. She chose to use one of her lesser titles, out of respect for Diana and the boys.

I've always felt sorry for Charles and Camilla, and I wonder what would have happened, all those years ago, when they were both young and UNMARRIED, had their romance been left alone. One big difference, if they had been allowed the romance, Lady Diana Spencer might.
    still be alive today.
    Okay, Okay! Enough on the Royals!

We are down to our last tiebreaker!
    Margo and Suzanne, email me the answer to this question. You have until tomorrow night!

One of our players sent me a choice of three tidbits for the game, I posted one, here are the other two:
    1. I had a fugitive living in my gardens.
    2. I would like to try raising bees.
    Who is this player?

Thanks for all the get well wishes, they were appreciated!
    I am feeling much better, slept almost all night long, and have gone off any and all meds. Expect to be better real quick. I think it was Pluerisy.

Well, Ruth mailed the Robin on Wednesday, so we should be hearing from Melinda tomorrow or Tuesday. Sorry I went into panic mode!

Have a great day!
    Shirley!

10 years ago

My winter sowing germinated--at least a few. I'm so excited I want to do cartwheels.

I thought a royals watcher meant baseball. I guess you can scratch me off winning any of your games. I loved Princess Diana, watched her wedding. I felt sorry for Charles & Camilla, too.

I loved the joke...What are Diana and Charles going to name their first child?
    Answer: Up
    Why? So on their Christmas card they can sign it, "Up, Chuck and Di."
    Sorry Shirley.

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Not a problem, Heidi.
    Which she did, actually, with the bulemia and all.
    I'm very glad for William. King Up the first?
    Did you like her wedding dress?

I am on my way to a nap,
    Later,
    Shirley!

• canfan
    10 years ago

Princess Diane was 20 Prince Charles was 43 when they got married. I wonder if she knew the details of his romance with Camilla. It was quite the fanfare. There were parties around the world celebrating this event. Even in Boise, ID there was a "Prenuptial Bash" for Chuck and Di... Attended by many dignitaries (not really but it was quite the costume party). Even made the evening news. Sad ending for a beautiful Princess.

Now about the earth surrounding our castle... Weather in Central Wa is cold, grey and windy. Rained last night but snowed on Mt. Clemens.. Today the raspberries got planted, and the rhubarb was moved. Maybe it will grow into a nice big batch of tartness.

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Peggy, she almost certainly knew about the affair, ALL of Britain were taking bets on whether, like his uncle, Edward VIII, he would give up the throne for the woman he loved, or be forced into a marraige with someone else. We all know how that turned out.

I love rhubarb, my grandmother had a big patch and would make pies and breads. We ate it raw, yeah, with salt! Haven't had it in years.

Off to work,
    Shirley!

• Melinda Hagen
    10 years ago

Hello all! So sorry, I haven't posted sooner, but have been sick with a terrible cold! Congrats to Margo on her new grandbaby coming! Congrats to all the winners so far!
    I rec'd the poem on Saturday! And a wonderful pack of cherry chocolate sunflower seeds!! Ruth, you always send me the best things! I love them!
    Now here's the poem---
    A haze of green and longer days, And lots and lots of rain!
    Helps nature work behind the scene as sunshine pushes through the grey.

Upwards push the tender tulips.Companion of the daffodil
    So lovely, but I sigh, there are evil weeds to dig,
    battle them tomorrow, for now a glass of wine.

First blooms of Redbud glow pink and bright, under a clear blue canopy in the morning sunlight.
    As with all of God's creations, spring brings forth the beautiful flowers.
    Which are doubly enhanced by the coming of April's showers.

I will be mailing the poem and seeds today to Diane.
    Have a good day everyone! Melinda

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

The poem is shaping up nicely! Reading through the posts, it seems there is a lot of sickness. I hope everyone feels better. Next time I look at this thread, I'm going to wear a 'flu mask, lol.

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Melinda, what a lovely and thoughtful addition to the Poem! Great rhyming! Thanks for posting. And Diane, get ready, the Robin is on it's way!

Well, we don't have a definitive winner for the last tiebreaker, neither Margo or Suzanne guessed it, but I've decided to give the prize to Suzanne, as Margo has already won a prize. Hope that seems fair to everyone.
    And so, congratulations, Suzanne and all the winners, whom I thought I would list, one last time.

Oh, almost forgot, the player who sent in those two tidbits was Alana!

I promise to get the prizes mailed out, next week, the Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

Here are all the winners:
    Annie - 1st place
    Suzanne - 2nd place
    Janine - 3rd place
    Alana - 4th place
    Margo - for the most guesses of her tidbit, and
    Jeanne,for the fewest guesses of her tidbit.

And there you have it, ladies, the end of the game. I'll be posting the Poets game, hopefully on Friday, watch for it!

I did my whole five hours at work today! Woo Hoo!
    Gradually feeling better!
    Off to bed,
    Shirley!

• smitties
    10 years ago

Good game Shirley and certainly sounds fair to award that prize to Suzanne.

Beautiful day here. It seemed to want to rain but never did. The air was so warm, I just loved it. I left for work this morning and realized I forgot something and on my way back into the house, I saw that three big clumps of daffodils had bloomed. Welcome lovely flowers!!!!!!! This is just the beginning of the series of bulbed flowers that will be blooming. Once we get some rain, the colors will be abounding out there and I can't wait.

Feel better Shirley. I am doing better but still tired.

Margo

• sjc48
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Evening All!

It was the same here, Tuesday, Margo, overcast and windy but the wind wasn't bitterly cold, which was a welcome change. My mini daffs are starting to bloom! The crocuses are still going strong. And I too am still tired. Bummer!

I was reading back thro the posts on this thread and way back at the beginning of this swap, I promised to keep the Robin's flight plan posted. You may have noticed, I haven't done that!

So here it is, a little late, and I'll try my best to keep it updated!

I sent to Peggy in Washington;
    Peggy sent it on to Heidi in Nebraska;
    Heidi mailed it on to Annie in California;
    Annie mailed it to Ruth in Texas;
    Ruth sent it flying to Melinda in Arkansas;
    Melinda just sent it to Diane/Moonfire;
    Diane sends it to Jeanne/sandlapper_rose in South Carolina;
    Jeanne sends it to Alana/poisondartfrog in Kentucky;
    Alana sends it to Robin in Virginia;
    Robin sends it to Vina/flowergirl134 in New York;
    Vina sends it to Janine/Jaynine in Connecticut;
    Janine sends it to Suzanne/hibiscusfan in Ohio;
    Suzanne sends it to Margo/smitties in Ohio;
    and
    Margo will send it to Katie in Mississippi, who will send the completed poem back to me!

Hope I didn't skip anyone!

Have a great day tomorrow!
    Shirley!

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Melinda, beautiful poetry!!

To all who are feeling lousy....take care and feel better!

Shirley, looking forward to the next game! I am still laughing about the last game...to funny!

Happy Wednesday!

Annie

10 years ago

If you thought I was bad at that game...don't ask me to connect poets and their work, Shirley!
    I am not sick, but I'm heartsick. We got 1.25" of rain (yeah) followed by an inch of snow. Interstate 80 is closed 2/3 across the length of Nebraska to the Colorado state line. They can't get all the cars out of the median. The snow is more like ice pellets and when you walk on it it's like tundra (I assume-never been to Alaska). My daffodils froze off. I dreamed of being up to my elbows in the dirt. On Monday it was 70 degrees and I bought a pair of shorts. Two days now it's about 22 degrees. I think the wintersowing jugs that sprouted are now frozen, too. I'm not very patient. Trying to keep busy and do productive things today so when it gets nice I can be the Dirt Queen! So I'm whining on the thread. I know, I know...get to it!
    Heidi