Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

I.E. Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap

highalttransplant
14 years ago

Now that Christy's Totally Tasty Heirloom Tomato Swap is winding down, it is time for an ALL PEPPER swap!

I can only tolerate mildly hot peppers, but I have probably 80 different varieties of sweet and/or mild peppers, so you don't have to be a "hothead" to partipate.

So here are the rules (every swap's gotta have them):

* Seeds must be received by April 24th.

* Seed packets should be labeled as commercial, or harvested/hand collected

* Seed packets should have 12 - 15 seeds per packet. (If you have a lot of one variety, please divide them into individual packets with 12 - 15 seeds per packet)

* Limit of packets per variety = 3. This will increase the variety in the swap. If everyone sent in 20 packets of Banana peppers, the swap would be pretty dull : )

More variety sent in = more variety received back.

* No limit on total number of packs, as long as there is no more than 3 packs per variety. If you send in more than 3 of a variety, the rest will be considered extras.

* Please put your GW name on the seed packet. This will ensure that you don't receive your own seeds back.

* Include a list of what you are sending in. This will also ensure that you don't receive the same thing you sent in.

* Please include a wishlist. Please note if you prefer Sweet/Mild, Hot, or a Mix on your wishlist, so that I can send you things you will enjoy, even if I don't have items specifically from your wishlist. You may also indicate if you prefer OP/Heirloom types, or Hybrids. I can't guarantee what you will get back, since it is dependent on what others send in, but I will do my best.

* Seeds should have an expiration date of '09 or '10. If hand collected, they should have been harvested in '08 or '09.

* NO seed mixes please, and please include the variety name. For example, don't send a packet in that says 'Green Bell Pepper'. Is it 'Revolution', Big Dipper, Fat & Sassy' etc.?

* Please include a return address label, and enough postage for the return trip.

* Seeds should be sent back out the first week of May in the order they are received.

* Please post or email me to let me know when you have received your seeds.

Whew! I know that sounds like a lot of rules, but this will keep the swap fair and fun for everyone.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything.

Your hostess,

Bonnie

Comments (149)

• dirtdaddy
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Bonnie, u can add a small pack of bannana and Jalepeno seed back to me, and if I get fewer packs back thats fine! My first flat of seeds did not germ very well at all and it looks like I'll start all over again this weekend!
    Hi Melvin!

• carsons_mimi
    13 years ago

Strangely enough, I don't have any Banana pepper seeds so I wouldn't mind receiving a small amount. Also, I have the regular Jalapeno variety but if you receive any other type (hotter, milder, different colors, etc.), I'm open to those as well.

Thanks Bonnie!

• booberry85
    13 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

I did try to avoid sending more common seeds because I though everyone would have them already. So I wouldn't mind getting less seeds back than get jalapenos, cayennes and banana peppers back. I will chime in and say I've grown all of these before (I'm growing jalapenos this year) and their always great producers I just seem to have a lot of these seeds currently.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay, here's the plan. As people post or email me, I am making a note of who wants these seeds, and who is willing to receive less back than they sent in. Once I've given away all of them that I can, I will contact you, Becky, regarding making a donation to Need4seed. I just want to be sure that anyone in the swap that wants these seeds, has first pick. Since I did have a couple people send in extra seeds, I am hoping that subtracting these common seeds from the equation, won't have a significant effect on anyone's total packets returned.

Becky, so far you are in the lead for the most packets sent in (32), and I am about halfway through filling your envelope back up : )

I feel like I made a dent in the sorting today, but my brain hurts, LOL!

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oooops, I was wrong Becky, Julianna from Canada has you beat by one. She sent in 33 packets : )

It was a long night, but I made a lot of progress. Eight envelopes are done, unless something from their wishlist comes in these last few packages. Most of the other envelopes have been started, but have a ways to go.

I did place a couple of seed orders, since there were people that I couldn't fill any of their wishes. They should be here next week, but if it looks like it will be later than that, I will email those affected by that.

Time for another cup of coffee!

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Barbi, your envelope arrived today, and it looks like I will be able to fulfill some of your wishes : )

Here's the updated list:

* Sunnyk/Donna
    * Booberry85/Becky
    * Austinnhanasmom/Deb
    * Dirtdaddy/
    * Midwestchilehead/John
    * Fez920/Frank
    Cybermeows/Penny
    * Farmergirl 2009/Ellie
    * Gymnmore/Judy
    * Missmshell/Shell
    * Sorellina/Julianna (from Canada)
    * Di-hgse/di
    * Fairyoak/Pat
    * Randar08/Randy
    Sassybutterfly 2008/Wendy
    * Sandlapper rose/Jeanne
    * Pennyg/Penny (from Canada)
    * Laura 42/Laura
    Carsons mimi/Lynn
    * Strmywthr3/Barbi
    * Hillfarm grower/Beth
    * Neohippie/Amanda
    * Highalttransplant/Bonnie

Just three more envelopes to arrive, and then I will start sending them back out again! Before I do though, I am going to post a list of all of the leftover common items. If anyone is interested in them, they can post here or email me, and I will add them to your package.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• thenewmidwestchilehead
    13 years ago

Thanks for all your hard work, Bonnie. I've never hosted one of these, but it sounds like a chile seed nightmare. I will take some bannana seeds since I don't have any, but I already have plenty of jalapenos, so if you want to send me less and donate extras to Need4Seed, that sounds like a great idea.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It can get pretty complicated, John, but the more organized you are, the less stressful it is. I've been thinking that if I host this swap again next year, I might change it just a little bit. Instead of, or in addition to, having people mail their wishlists to me, I think I might have them post them on the swap thread, and then people can look through everyone's lists, to be sure they are sending in things that people want. It wouldn't completely eliminate having lots of common items sent in, but people would probably get more of their wishes filled. Of course, sometimes our favorites end up being the things we didn't even know we wanted, until we received them in a swap and gave them a try ...

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wendy and Penny's packages arrived today, and hopefully the last one, Lynn's, will get here by tomorrow or Monday. We have a new winner on the most packets sent in by someone. Penny (Cybermeows) sent in 50 packs, and her typed list is broken down into bells, sweets, and hot, so that I don't have to spend a lot of time researching them!!! Great job, Penny! It is going to be a challenge to come up with 50 types of peppers OTHER than the ones you sent in, but I will do my best. I do see quite a few wishes I can fill : )

Bonnie

• cybermeowz
    13 years ago

Bonnie, I sent you an email. I can't believe I sent in the most pepper seed packets. Woohoo! I had hoped to send in a greater variety than what I was able to send in but didn't have enough leftover seed for quite a few new (to me) varieties. You can send the bananas, jalapeno and cayenne to Need4Seed. I'm going to make an effort, hopefully, to bag blossoms this year, so if we have this swap next year, I should have a pretty awesome selection of pepper seeds to send in. Can't wait to see the return bubblie in the mail!!

Thanks again for hosting Bonnie.

Penny

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lynn's package arrived today, so as soon as I pull the things to send back to her, I will post a "Last Call" for everything that is left. If you see an item on the list that you already requested, it is already in your envelope. If you see an item that you didn't request, but would like to have, either post on the swap thread, or email me directly. I'll give everyone a couple of days to get their requests in, and then I'll start mailing everyone's envelopes back to them, and send the extras to Need4Seed.

So as soon as I have a chance to sort through this last envelope, I'll be back with that list, and remember ... patience is a virtue : )

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm baaaack!

Here is where things stand. There are four people that I am waiting on a seed order to complete their envelope. Other than that, ALL packages have been filled.

Unless you contacted me to say that you wanted me to return your Banana peppers, Jalapeno peppers, and Cayenne peppers to you, I put them in with the leftovers, which will go to Need4Seed, and I have subtracted those items from the total I will be sending back to you. I am sorry to have to do it that way, but my seedbox only has so many peppers in it, and my pockets aren't deep enough to cover that many unwanted items. When you look at the list below, hopefully you will understand.

If you see an item on the list below that you would like, either post here, or email me, and I will add it to your package (if it's not already in there).

LAST CALL LIST

Anaheim (4)

Ancho (1)

BELLS:
    California Wonder (6)
    Golden Calwonder (1)
    Flavorburst (Hyb.) (1)
    Hothouse Red (1)
    Karma (1)
    Unnamed red bell (1)
    Unnamed yellow bell (1)

California Chile (Anaheim) (4)

CAYENNES:
    Cayenne (5)
    Long Red Cayenne (2)
    Large Red Thick Cay. (1)
    Long Thin (Slim) Cay. (3)

Cherry Bomb (5)

Corno di Toro Giallo (1)
    Corno di Toro Rosso (2)
    Corno di Toro (color unspecified) (1)

Cubanelle (1)

Habanero (orange) (8)
    Hananero (white) (1)

Hot Cherry (2)

Hot Hungarian Wax (1)

JALAPENOS: (Everyone that posted, or emailed that they would take some, already have them in their envelope)
    Jalapeno (5)
    Organic Jalapeno (2)
    Jalapeno M (2)
    Early Jalapeno (2)
    Biker Billy Hyb. Jalapeno (3)

Lemon Drop (or Hot Lemon) (6)

Mariachi (1)

NuMex (Anaheim) (2)

Pimento (5)

Poblano (1)

Quadrato D'Asti Giallo (1)

Serrano (1)

Sweet Banana (4) (Everyone that said they would take some, already have a packet in their envelope)

Sweet Cherry (1)

Tiger Tom (couldn't find any info on this one, but if someone wants to try it, there are 2 packets)

As soon as I hear from each person, the requested items will be added, and their package will go in the mail. If you don't want anything from the list, please let me know that too, so that I can go ahead and put your package in the mail.

Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I knew as soon as I posted that list I would find more seeds.

The correct count should be

Jalapeno (8) - instead of (5)

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I would love to try Lemon Drop Peppers, but I did not send in a lot for the swap so I totally understand if they get sent to someone else. Thank you so much for all the time you spent on this swap. I will have a new appreciation for peppers!
    Jeanne

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne, don't be so shy, LOL! Last call is first come first served, and you are first in line : ) I have put a packet of Lemon Drop in your envelope.

Bonnie

• carsons_mimi
    13 years ago

Bonnie,

I would love to try the white and orange Habanero, Corno di Toro Giallo, Mariachi and Quadrato D'Asti Giallo.

Thanks!
    Lynn

• cybermeowz
    13 years ago

Hi Bonnie.

I'd like the following:
    Habanero (orange) -- Strangely enough I don't have any!!!
    Biker Billy Hyb. Jalapeno
    Tiger Tom -- Couldn't find any info either but I'll try it!

Penny

• gymnmore
    13 years ago

Bonnie, if Tiger Tom is still available, I'ld like to try
    it.
    Thanks ~ Judy

• fairyoak
    13 years ago

Hi Bonnie,
    If available I would like to try Cubanelle, Hot Cherry, Corno di Torro Rosso and Lemon Drop. Thanks so much for planning and running this swap, we all really appreciate it!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, you guys are brave, trying that Tiger Tom! I almost threw the seeds out when I couldn't find any info. You'll have to let me know how those turn out.

Gymnmore (Judy) - those have been added to your package.

Cybermeows (Penny) - I have added the Karma, Habanero (orange), Biker Billy Hyb. Jalapeno, and Tiger Tom to your package.

Fairyoak - There was already a Lemon Drop in your package, but I added the Cubanelle, Hot Cherry, and Corno di Toro Rosso.

Carsons mimi (Lynn) - The Quadrato D'Asti Gaillo was already in your package, but I added the White Habanero, Habanero (orange), Corno di Toro Giallo, and Mariachi to your envelope.

Here is what is left.

(Updated) LAST CALL LIST

Anaheim (4)

Ancho (1)

BELLS:
    California Wonder (6)
    Golden Calwonder (1)
    Flavorburst (Hyb.) (1)
    Hothouse Red (1)
    Red Mercury (1)
    Unnamed red bell (1)
    Unnamed yellow bell (1)

CAYENNES:
    Cayenne (8)
    Long Red Cayenne (2)
    Large Red Thick Cay. (1)

Cherry Bomb (5)
    Corno di Toro Rosso (1)

Habanero (orange) (6)

Hot Cherry (1)

Hot Hungarian Wax (1)

JALAPENOS: (Everyone that posted, or emailed that they would take some, already have them in their envelope)
    Jalapeno (5)
    Organic Jalapeno (2)
    Jalapeno M (2)
    Early Jalapeno (2)
    Biker Billy Hyb. Jalapeno (2)

Lemon Drop (or Hot Lemon) (5)

NuMex (Anaheim) (2)

Pimento (5)

Poblano (1)

Serrano (1)

Sweet Banana (4) (Everyone that said they would take some, already have a packet in their envelope)

Sweet Cherry (1)

Oh, I also have some Bhut Jolokia left. Not sure how many packets, since it is not divided up yet, but if you didn't already request some, and would like it, please let me know.

Thank you, and good night!
    Bonnie

• daisy4655
    13 years ago

Hi Bonnie,
    I would like to try Golden Calwonder, Large Red Thick Cayenne, Pimento, & Flavorburst.
    Thanks!
    Beth

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hillfarm grower (Beth) - There was already a Flavorburst in your package, but I added the Golden Calwonder, Pimento, and the Large Red Thick Cayenne. Thought you only wanted sweet : )

Here is what is left, after filling all the requests I have received so far.

(Updated) LAST CALL LIST

Anaheim (4)

Ancho (1)

BELLS:
    California Wonder (6)
    Flavorburst (Hyb.) (1)
    Hothouse Red (1)
    Red Mercury (1)
    Unnamed red bell (1)
    Unnamed yellow bell (1)

Bhut Jolokia (enough for probably 3 or 4 more packets)

CAYENNES:
    Cayenne (8)
    Long Red Cayenne (2)

Cherry Bomb (5)
    Corno di Toro Rosso (1)

Habanero (orange) (5)

Hot Cherry (1)

Hot Hungarian Wax (1)

Jalapeno (5)
    Organic Jalapeno (2)
    Jalapeno M (2)
    Early Jalapeno (2)
    Biker Billy Hyb. Jalapeno (1)

Lemon Drop (or Hot Lemon) (5)

NuMex (Anaheim) (2)

Pimento (4)

Poblano (1)

Serrano (1)

Sweet Cherry (1)

Those that have made your requests from the Last Call list, your packages will go out today, unless you are one of the ones that has items on the seed order that I am waiting on, in which case I will email you.

Remember, if you don't want anything on the list, either post or email me anyway, so that I will know to put your package in the mail.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Bonnie,
    I will try a packet of Pimento also as long as they are still on the list. Thanks so much!
    I have decided I need to expand my pepper culinary horizons! LOL
    Jeanne

• sunnyk
    13 years ago

I wouldn't mind a few of the Pimento seeds too....if there are enough that is :)

Thank You !!!

Donna

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sandlapper rose (Jeanne) and SunnyK (Donna), the Pimento seeds have been added to your package.

There is now one packet of Pimento seeds left. Everything else on the above list is still correct.

Okay, I am planning on sealing up the following envelopes, unless there is anymore requests:

Sandlapper rose
    Gymnmore
    Fairyoak
    SunnyK
    Hillfarm grower
    Carsons mimi

The rest will get mailed once I hear from them.

Bonnie

• neohippie
    13 years ago

Bonnie, as a newbie who doesn't have a big pepper collection, I'll take any of the following, which are all ones I don't have but didn't think to put on my wish list.

Anaheim
    Corno di Toro
    Hungarian Wax
    Serrano
    Pimento or Cherry (Wikipedia says they're the same thing, so I guess I don't need both.)

That's a lot, especially since I didn't send in very many myself, but I'll gladly take any of those if you don't have anything better to do with them. :-)

I'm also torn on whether I want some Bhut Jolokias. Those sound kind of frightening. I was thinking I was being tough requesting Habaneros. :-/

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Amanda, I hear you about the Bhut Jolokias. I think you are tough trying out the Habaneros!

Hey, did you want the Corno di Toro Rosso (red), or the one that the sender didn't know the color on?

• missmshell
    13 years ago

I'll take some lemon drop, biker billy, and sweet cherry if available. Thanks again for hosting! Seems like its been quite a challenge : )

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've got to get started on dinner, but here's a quick update. Six packages went in the mail today.

Here's the updated list. Two ** means it has been mailed:

** Sunnyk/Donna
    * Booberry85/Becky
    * Austinnhanasmom/Deb
    * Dirtdaddy/
    * Midwestchilehead/John
    * Fez920/Frank
    * Cybermeows/Penny
    * Farmergirl 2009/Ellie
    ** Gymnmore/Judy
    * Missmshell/Shell
    * Di-hgse/di
    ** Fairyoak/Pat
    * Randar08/Randy
    * Sassybutterfly 2008/Wendy
    ** Sandlapper rose/Jeanne
    * Laura 42/Laura
    ** Carsons mimi/Lynn
    * Strmywthr3/Barbi
    ** Hillfarm grower/Beth
    * Neohippie/Amanda

Neohippie (Amanda) - I have added to your package:
    Anaheim
    Corno di Toro
    Hungarian Wax
    Serrano
    Pimento

Missmshell(Shell) - I've added Lemon Drop, Biker Billy Hyb. Jalapeno, and Sweet Cherry to your package. You know, it has been a challenge, but I've learned so much about peppers from hosting. I may tweak a couple of the rules next time, to make it run a little smoother, but overall I'm pretty pleased with how it's gone.

In order to get everyone's packages out in a timely fashion, Last Call will end Friday night at midnight. All items still left at that point will get donated to Need4Seed.

Here is the updated Last Call list:

Anaheim (3)

Ancho (1)

BELLS:
    California Wonder (6)
    Flavorburst (Hyb.) (1)
    Hothouse Red (1)
    Red Mercury (1)
    Unnamed red bell (1)
    Unnamed yellow bell (1)

Bhut Jolokia (enough for probably 3 or 4 more packets)

CAYENNES:
    Cayenne (8)
    Long Red Cayenne (2)

Cherry Bomb (5)

Habanero (orange) (5)
    Habanero, White (1)
    Habanero, Gold Bullet (2)

Jalapeno (5)
    Organic Jalapeno (2)
    Jalapeno M (2)
    Early Jalapeno (2)

Lemon Drop (or Hot Lemon) (4)

NuMex (Anaheim) (2)

Poblano (1)

Quadrato D'Asti Rosso (1)

** A couple of items were added - Gold Bullet Habanero, White Habanero, and Quadrato D'Asti Rosso.

Have a good evening all!

Bonnie

• sunnyk
    13 years ago

Cool!! I will be sitting at the mailbox waiting LOL!! Thank You so much for hosting this swap :)

Donna

• fairyoak
    13 years ago

I see my peppers are on their way....so excited!! Thanks again for hosting

• thenewmidwestchilehead
    13 years ago

Bonnie, I will take Bhut Jolokia, Cherry Bomb, Habanero White, Quadrato D'Asti Giallo and the Quadrato D'Asti Rosso if you still have them left. Thanks again for hosting!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi John! You already had the White Habanero in your package, but I will add the Bhut Jolokia, Cherry Bomb, Quadrato D'Asti Giallo, and Quadrato D'Asti Rosso.

Bonnie

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

If it isn't too late I will take any of the bells, bananas, or anything that isn't a hot pepper.

Thanks Bonnie!

Ellie

• di-hgse
    13 years ago

Sorry i hope im not to late

Lemon Drop (or Hot Lemon)

NuMex (Anaheim)

Poblano
    di

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So, yesterday we had sustained winds of 25 - 35 mph, with gusts up to 50 mph. This morning I woke up to an inch of snow on the ground, and there is a hard freeze warning for the next two nights, with lows around 25º. Welcome to springtime in the Rockies!!!

Ellie, I managed to find a couple of sweets that weren't already in your package : )

Di, you already had Lemon Drop in your package, but I added the NuMex and Poblano.

Five more packages went out today, so we are halfway there.

Here's the updated list. Two ** means it has been mailed:

** Sunnyk/Donna
    * Booberry85/Becky
    * Austinnhanasmom/Deb
    * Dirtdaddy/David
    ** Midwestchilehead/John
    * Fez920/Frank
    * Cybermeows/Penny
    ** Farmergirl 2009/Ellie
    ** Gymnmore/Judy
    ** Missmshell/Shell
    ** Di-hgse/di
    ** Fairyoak/Pat
    * Randar08/Randy
    * Sassybutterfly 2008/Wendy
    ** Sandlapper rose/Jeanne
    * Laura 42/Laura
    ** Carsons mimi/Lynn
    * Strmywthr3/Barbi
    ** Hillfarm grower/Beth
    ** Neohippie/Amanda

Here is the updated Last Call list:

Anaheim (3)

Ancho (1)

BELLS:
    California Wonder (6)
    Hothouse Red (1)
    Unnamed red bell (1)
    Unnamed yellow bell (1)

Bhut Jolokia (enough for probably 3 more packets)

CAYENNES:
    Cayenne (8)
    Long Red Cayenne (2)

Cherry Bomb (4)

Habanero (orange) (5)
    Habanero, White (1)
    Habanero, Gold Bullet (2)

Jalapeno (5)
    Organic Jalapeno (2)
    Jalapeno M (2)
    Early Jalapeno (2)

Lemon Drop (or Hot Lemon) (3)

NuMex (Anaheim) (1)

Sweet Banana (3) (Everyone that said they would take some, already have a packet in their envelope)

Well, the pickin's are getting pretty slim now on the Last Call, but I will give it one more day, and then I will mail the packages for anyone that hasn't checked in with requests. Hopefully, that last seed order will arrive in the next day or two, so the last four packages can go out by the first of the week.

Bonnie

• neohippie
    13 years ago

Cool! Whichever Corno di Toro I get is fine with me.

• carsons_mimi
    13 years ago

Whooo Hooo! My seed packet arrived today in the mail. What an incredible collection of seeds, some of which I don't even know what they are but I'll still excited.

Thanks so much to everyone who sent in such a great variety of peppers and to Bonnie for organizing the chaos.

Lynn

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Bonnie,
    My pepper seeds arrived! Thank you so much. You have been a wonderful hostess. Now I need to look up some information on these new acquisitions.
    Have a great weekend and thank you to all who shared seeds with me.
    Jeanne

• daisy4655
    13 years ago

Bonnie, my seeds arrived today. Thank you so much for the fantastic selection! I'm so pleased with all of the wonderful varieties--especially the peppers that were on my wish list!
    I appreciate all of the work that you put into this swap!
    Thanks to everyone for making this a great swap!
    Beth

• gymnmore
    13 years ago

Bonnie, seeds have arrived !!!!! Thanks again for hosting this, and the nice mix of seeds that you sent. We're suppose to have rain for the rest of the weekend - guess I'll just have to start some indoors. Thanks to all who participated !
    ~ Judy

• booberry85
    13 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

I've been out of town the past few days. The Dh & I saw Peter Gabriel in Montreal! Great Show!

Anyway, if they're still available, I'd like:
    California Wonders (1)
    Habanero, Gold Bullet (1)
    Lemon Drop (1)

Thanks so much for your hard work!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Becky! I'm glad you had a nice vacation! You already had the Habanero, Gold Bullet and Lemon Drop in your package, but I added the California Wonder. I was under the impression that you didn't want any bells ...

No packages went out today, had things that had to be done, like grocery shopping, helping kids with homework, etc. Still waiting on that seed order, but I'll try to get all of the other packages ready over the weekend, and in the mail on Monday.

I'm really surprised how fast the packages have reached their destinations, and I am so glad that everyone seems happy with their selections. I tried my best to find things that matched everyone's preferences and wishlist items, but it is challenging since I don't have any control over what is sent in.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We have another freeze warning the next two nights with more chances for snow. Hard to believe tomorrow is the first of May with the weather we've been having this week!

Bonnie

• booberry85
    13 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

I'm not a big bell pepper fan, but a few are fine. When I was going through my stash of pepper seeds for the swap, I realized that the California wonder seeds I have a re older. Whenever I grow regular bells, they look more minis than what you get at the grocery store!

• neohippie
    13 years ago

I got my package! Thanks Bonnie for all the great seeds. I got everything on my wish list except for Rocoto, and that's a weird one, so that's ok. And I got a bunch of extras I didn't think to ask for too. I'm probably set for a while on peppers. (Yeah right.) Next year I'll hopefully have a lot more to share.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

IT IS FINISHED!!!

ALL remained packages are complete, and will go in the mail on Monday, since the post office has already closed for the day.

Thank you to everyone for joining this swap, and I hope that everyone will be pleased with what they receive back.

Thank you to those that sent in extra stamps. I did not return it because it all went in one baggie, and I used that to cover those that did not send in enough postage. I hope that was okay with you guys, as it sure made it easier at the post office.

Please post on the UPDATE thread, which is linked below, to let me know that your seeds arrived okay.

Thanks again!
    Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ALL PACKAGES HAVE BEEN MAILED!

Please be sure to post or email me on the UPDATE thread when you receive your package.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

Good morning Bonnie,
    I received my pepper package and want to thank you so very much for all the wonderful sweet peppers PLUS the asclepias that are on my want list. Thank you for hosting. You have done a wonderful job!
    Ellie

• austinnhanasmom
    13 years ago

(((HUGS))) to Bonnie and all!!

I received SO many wonderful packets!!

I am going to grow EVERY packet!! How many swaps can you say that???

Thank You Thank You THANK YOU

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Your very welcome!!!

Deb, since you didn't really send in a wishlist, I was worried whether or not you would like your selections, so I am very relieved!

This thread is now FULL. Please continue to post when you receive your package on the follow up thread, which I have linked below.

Thanks,
    Bonnie