o
UPDATE: second thread for seed train

Posted by rollinrockell 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 26, 14 at 15:01

thanks you for letting me know about the thread limit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: second thread for seed train

I received the box today! I will post when it goes out again. :)

o

It's back on its way! Tracking number 9114901189866518756102

o

Hi guys, I recieved the box yesterday. Wow amazing seeds. Ill get it back out as soon as I'm done hopefully 2morrow I'll let you guys know

o

Can't wait!

o

Duplicate post

This post was edited by lovesblooms on Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 8:55

o

Getting closer! I'm so excited!

o

I missed this one, hope you do it again, I'll watch for it.

o

seed train on its way!!!!!!

o

Yay! I'll let post when I get it.

o

Oh, I wish I had known about this before. I would have loved to have joined in!

o

is anyone else been getting spam emails from gardenweb lately?

o

I got the box today and I plan to have them back on their way Monday. I'll post!

o

It's off to Oceanside, NY.

Tracking# 9405 9036 9930 0160 5673 10

Enjoy!

o

1. loveless
2. dmkelly
3. mcc371
4. paperfinch
5. christine00
6. MissyGA64-
7. SunshineGal
8. yeli0507
9. lovesblooms
10. Dap7777777
11. pinkiris
12. heavenlyfarm
13. beautifulreddahlias
14. midwestfarm wife
15. Kathunder
16. becki25msmolly
17. elvi
18. debbya
19. wildmantrav
20. jplayland
21. ForeverRecycleReuse
22. cryptid
23. Rollinrockell

just thought I post this from the first thread

o

Yay so close!!! it's almost to me!! Currently debating whether I will save the seeds I get for wintersowing this winter coming up or try regular sowing this year outside....decisions decisions. I just can't wait for new seeds to try :)
~michael

Thanks again rollinrockell for hosting!!

o

Just checking in .... I see Im next =)

o

Going to be 2 more months at this pace before we finish. Unless the last stops are only looking for direct sow, we need to speed up.

o

dap says she has the box

o

It won't take me long once the box arrives here. I already have seeds packaged up and ready to go.

o

According to tracking.... package was delivered to Dap7777777

April 10, 2014 , 3:16 pm

Delivered

OCEANSIDE, NY 11572

well over a week ago. Still have not seen any post that they have rec'd nor sent it back out....I am next and have heard nothing. Will post if it ever arrives... seems as though Im gonna be done with planting by the time it finally does arrive... 2-3 days MAX for holding this is NOT asking too much and if a problem arrives common courtesy to let other members riding be aware of the hold up. Dont think Ill be playing again. This is becoming ridiculous folks. Lets get this moving along... 23 people riding and we are only on #10 who has not even posted having rec'd. Please take my name off the list.

o

Might as well remove me too, won't be here until July anyway, this is assuming Dap doesn't just keep it. Blacklist Dap.

o

Just rec'd .....mailing back out today....not even going through it... Im done planting for this year. Should arrive by Thursday to next on list.

o

jplayland - wish you would reconsider about dropping out. I have some Hazelnuts from our shrubs that I was going to put in for you. I will check everyone's wish list that comes after me and include anything I have that is on your list. If any of you want Goji Berries, I have lots of them.
If your seeds arrive too late for this year's planting, put them in the fridge for next year. I have held lots of seeds over this way. Yes, I belong on the show Hoarders, LOL!

o

I still wish to remain part of the train but I do have to agree, the lack of communication and the week long holdings that have happened are frustrating. I think two days is more than plenty to look through and send it on it's way. I have two kids (three if you count my husband) and they all know when that package arrives, your on your own for 2 hours. I'm getting mommy time.
We should be near the end of the list by now, not in the middle!!!!!

o

Sorry for the hassle folks but I cant make people hurry along. passing it along in a timely manner is not too much to ask. The first two years of this went great. just too many people this year i guess. This will be the last year. and im sorry to hear that jp and pink, if you need anything or any of you need any thing please don't hesitate to ask. and yes seeds do keep for the next year.

This post was edited by rollinrockell on Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 18:50

o

When it arrives, I should be able to look through it and send out next day if that helps! I'm basically done sowing/wintersowing for this year but I just love finding new seeds already for next year! they may not all germinate, but even one plant can make my day!! I will just be storing any seeds I take for next year :) I can't wait till it arrives!!
~Michael

o

Just an update, that I'm still waiting for it! it was not in todays mail :(
~Michael

o

I have it and am looking through it! :) alot of veggies...I'm adding some more flowers and stuff too it!!! I did get some goodies tho to try next year for wintersowing and such :) I will get back out on monday with priority mail.
pinkiris,
I forgot to mention but I was looking forward to seeds from you! Lol so maybe we can do a trade in the future or this fall? whenever you are trading again :)
~michael
heavenlyfarm

o

Just checked info and was delivered....

April 25, 2014 , 12:17 pm

Delivered

WALNUTPORT, PA 18088

I did add about 20+ packages Michael not sure what you were wanting or needing but yes let me know =)

o

Please keep me on the list. I will save some for next year and add to the stash. Plus those hazelnuts sound great. Any idea of the type or are they native?

o

I planted two Hazelnut shrubs about 30 yrs. ago. I can't remember where I bought them, but it might have been Vernon Barnes & Son out of Tn. They are huge now....must be at least 15' tall.

o

Yea! I'm finally next! I'll be looking for the package Heavenly! I'll post when it gets here

o

Mailed this morning:

USPS Tracking # 9405 5096 9993 8408 9158 58

Pinkiris, I will pm you soon and I did get some great seeds tho and a few veggies for container gardening :)

I really did enjoy this swap tho and it was a great idea and so thrilling to get that big pack of seeds! Lol and a way to pass on some extras I got from trades as well as a few of my own seeds :)
~michael

o

Train stopped this morning!!! Will send out tomorrow morning!

o

I was able to mail today, Midwestfarmwife it's on it's way to you! Tracking number 9114901159815018039238.

o

The seed train stopped here yesterday and left this morning, crammed with lots of veggie and flower seeds. It's heading only 1 hr. south of me and will arrive on Monday, May 5. Tracking # is: 911490112086913061968.

Thank you to all who contributed and to Rollinrockell for hosting.
Happy gardening to all!

o

The train arrived today! Will be back on its way tomorrow or the next day.

o

The train is back in its way! I forgot to write down your email, but it's on its way to you, Becki! Should be there on Saturday.

Tracking#: 9114901230801608210983

Rachel, thank you so much for hosting this, I'm very very sorry to hear this will be the last year! I LOVED getting that big pack of seeds in the mail, and I'm pretty sure my husband got even more excited about it than I did. :) Thanks for playing, everyone!

o

Has the train stalled again.....? :)

o

I checked the dc# Becki should have the package, it arrived on the 10th.
Elvi's next... Who has the package, please post!
I'm after Elvi, so just trying to get prepared..

Deb

o

yes finals are over, I can now get out in the yard finally. the box was moving along great there for the last few people. I have emailed her to see what is up. if not I'm prepared to send the last few people packages to end this.

o

Rachel,
You don't have to send me anything.. Thank you so much for coordinating the swap! :)
It's just so sad when communication is lost on a swap!

I had fun with the the first round! Too bad about this one...

Deb

o

it was suppose to be shipped on sat, hoping it shows up any day now

o

and a month later, elvi has received the box.

o

I'll post as soon as it arrives!

Deb

o

Wow, almost here, I had given up. I'm guessing the package is a big surprise for some who haven't checked back in a while.

o

Hi,
So far no package has shown up- or I would of posted. :(

Deb

o

Just curious.. Is there a tracking # to follow? I just want to make sure it's not lost, and Everyone's expecting it to arrive.

Deb

o

Bump...!

o

the last update was that elvi had it and was suppose to ship it, nothing after that.

o

July 17th.. Elvi kept the package. It never arrived, this swap is stalled - closed for now. If it ever arrives I will post right away.

I previously used to host seed, other round robins. I know how frustrating it is for someone to NOT pass on a package!

Deb

o

So sad. I hope someone keeps track of those who don't participate with the best interest of the group in mind so this doesn't repeat itself.

o

It is unfortunate but these seed trains seem to have a tendency to stall and derail. The first round was successful from start to finish. Oh well -- Happy gardening everyone!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here