Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbgrow

Extra, Extra, Seads all about it #2

greenthumbgrow
15 years ago

Extra, Extra, Seads all about it - Before Spring Seed Swap.

New seed swap for March. Do you have a lot of duplicate seeds or extra ones you know your not going to use. ME TOO! I thought we could get some variation on the seeds before time to start the March Madness Planting Season.

All seeds must be clearly marked and packed correctly.

All seed packages should contain at least 10 seeds, or 1/8 teaspoon for tiny seeds. Except for speciality seeds which could be 2-3 seeds depending on what it is.

You will receive at least the amount of packages you send in, most likely more ;-)

Please give me your top 5 wants and I will do my best to get you some from your want list. Please remember you may not recieve your wants if noone sent them in. Please specify Veggies, Herbs, or Flowers.

Please use a large bubble mailer if possible. You must also send a return address label filled out as well as proper postage for the seeds being returned to you.

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SEND ENOUGH RETURN POSTAGE, you may want to send an extra stamp or two in case the weight of the seeds being sent to you is more than the weight of the ones you sent in. If the stamps are not used they will be sent back in the bubbly with the seeds.

There is no limit to the amount of seeds you send in. However Please do not send in more than 5 packets of one certain seed.

SEEDS DUE: March 12th

MAILED BACK TO YOU ON: March 16th

Please post here if interested and I will email you my mailing address.

Lets get Swappin!

Tammy / Greenthumbgrow

Comments (72)

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Mine went out yeserday !!!

Acres. I will have to try the citrus/basil recipe when I order some more. I may order a box full I think b/c it is my new fav. hostess gift on here plus teacher's gifts, etc...I need to decide how much and what smell and I will let you know. :)

Nichol

I have been using my gardeners soap since I have been out weeding and cleaning flower beds and I do have to say I love it.

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

If there is any more nipplefruit left, I would like a few seeds.
    Thanks, Alana

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hi Tammy,
    I sent my package of seeds out to you on March 2. I haven't seen you list it as one you have recieved yet. I was hoping you would have recieved it by now! Please let me know when you do.
    Thanks,

Cindy

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

I really prefer edibles and compact or dwaarf edibles, to flowers- but flowers are OK too (especially dwarf flowers) *if* you should run short of edibles to send me. :)

I re-examined the marigolds question Tammy asked earlier and remembered there actually are some unusual varieties of marigolds I don't have, which I'd like to have if they show up in this swap.
    :)
    Here's the list of marigolds that do interest me:
    Tagetes lucida- Mexican Mint Marigold AKA Texas Tarragon
    (REALLY want that one since it's a great culinary herb)
    Tagetes hybrid 'Snowball' (white)
    Tagetes hybrid 'Snowdrift' (white)
    Tagetes hybrid 'Snowman' (white)
    Tagetes hybrid 'French vanilla' (white)
    Tagetes hybrid 'Scarlet Starlet' (red, daisy shaped)
    Tagetes erecta 'Kilimanjaro White'
    Tagetes erecta 'Sunset Giants Mix'
    Tagetes erecta 'Doubloon'
    Tagetes erecta 'Lemon Mum' and 'Simba'(resemble mums!)
    Tagetes erecta 'Flagstaff' (AKA Orange Hawaii)
    Tagetes erecta 'Heirloom Companion Mix' (from SustainDoor)
    Tagetes patula 'Naughty Marietta'
    Tagetes patula 'Disco Red'
    Tagetes patula 'Moonlight'
    Tagetes patula 'Harlequin'
    Tagetes patula 'Jolly Jester'
    Tagetes patula 'Mr. Majestic'
    Tagetes patula 'Striped Marvel'
    Tagetes patula 'Tashkent' aka Tashket #1
    Tagetes tenuifolia 'Red Gem'
    Tagetes tenuifolia 'Paprika Gem'
    Tagetes tenuifolia 'Cottage Red'

I hope this gives Tammy some more options of what to put in my box. :)

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

Howdee

I prefer eddibles too or any thing that could work for my soaps :-) I am actually pretty easy I have a lot of gardening friends that I cant just pass on seeds too :)

Acres

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chris - I got your package today! Just FYI ing I didn't have time to open it and start sorting yet I am working all day tomorrow on your packages.

I will do my best to make sure everyone gets things off their want list. I plan on filling as much of the lists as possible first step. Then of course adding all the ones everyone selected from the lists. and Then back filling with ones you did not send in. I will do my best that you do not get something you sent in but cannot guarentee it. I promise to do my best though. I am not counting the packets unless you specified you def. want that number back. I will just keep adding seeds until your envie is full or I run out of stuff that is unique to your list.

I hope each of you are happy with the packages I send.

Acres would you like luffa gourds for your soap or do you already have them? I added a pack in case you were interested.

Tammy

• susantexoma
    15 years ago

Hi Tammy,

I'm so sorry my seeds still haven't arrived -- I don't know what's going on with the mail! I just emailed you a list of all the seeds I sent, so at least you'll have that on hand when you're sorting tomorrow if my envelope STILL hasn't gotten there then. Hope that helps.

Fingers crossed that my seeds get to you tomorrow...

Susan

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hi Tammy,
    I too am hoping you have recieved my seeds. Like I said I sent it on March 2cnd so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be there, other than being late or MIA because of the Post Office!
    I sent a grab bag of pretty common seeds. I didn't want anything back other than what was on my list of 5 wants. Hoped the rest could help the newbies.
    Thanks for your patience Tammy.
    Susan is crossing her fingers, I'm doing the same.

Cindy

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I do have both of yours. I am so sorry I had thought I had posted it. I have a bad habit of typing it and hitting preview then forgeting to hit Submit. So I do have:

Alwaysagarden/Cindy and
    susan/susantexoma

And today two packs came in...

nicole
    ibartoo/linda

I have been sorting all day today and I think I can send each of you a pretty good assortment back. This is the first mass seed swap I have hosted and didn't realize what a mess! Oh I have it pretty well organized but it will definately take me longer than today. My kitchen is whew nothing but seeds. DH says he is not coming in until it is all gone.

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

This is so exciting! I can't wait for them to arrive. Tammy, Thank you for all your hard work! Amy

• susantexoma
    15 years ago

Yay!! I'm so glad my package got there after all -- whew!

Tammy, thank you so much for all your hard work sorting all those seeds! Wish some of us could be there to help -- we all cheer you on -- go Tammy!

Susan

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Tammy,
    Feel the same way Susan feels... was afraid my package was MIA at the Post Office!
    Thanks so much for letting me know. Sorry hubby isn't too happy about all the seeds, bubble envies, etc. Just let him know it's for a good cause! : )
    Take your time, I'm sure your doing a wonderful job and we will all be thrilled with what you send us.

Cindy : )

• threeshyacres
    15 years ago

Hello,

Just an update...I sent my seeds on March 12TH. Hopefully, they have arrived to you by now.

Thanks,
    Jodi B.

• purpleacres
    15 years ago

I have luffa but can always pass on the extras. :-)

Acres/ Tracy

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I recieved yesterday...

threeshyacres

I think that is everyone right...?

I am getting them organized still DH is just pretending he dont like it... He secretly loves my hobbies hehehe thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

tammy

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

*Patting Tammy on the back* Thank you for your efforts. :)

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Bump!

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Tammy, just wondering if our seeds are on their way? Thanks, Amy

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just an FYI...

Seeds will be mailed out on Wednesday. It took a little longer than I had anticipated. I really hope everyone is happy with what I sent, there was only 2-3 that I really didn't have much off your wants list so I sent what I thought you might like.

Mailing out Wednesday.

Enjoy your seed surprises... Tammy;-)

• susantexoma
    15 years ago

Yay Tammy!! Thank you so much for all your hard work on this -- I'm sure we're all going to love what you send us!

Susan

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Tammy,
    Thanks so much!!! Can't Wait!! Amy

• smitties
    15 years ago

Whatever you send will be welcomed. I have 5 acres to plant on so no problem finding anything a home. Thanks for doing this for us.

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Tammy,
    Thanks so much for keeping us posted!!! This is so exciting! Looking forward to a few surprises. :)

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

I can't wait! I have so many things to plant, but I can't wait to see what is in this surprise.
    Thanks a bunch, Linda

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Thanks Tammy. I know you worked really hard on this swap. I appreciate all of your hard work and can't wait to get them.

Nichol

• uptreasa
    15 years ago

Can't wait! Can't wait! : ) Thank you so much, Tammy. I have pots ready to do some more planting. : ) Treasa

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK Now I can't wait! I want to see who gets there seeds first.

I had some confusion at the post office as the lady was grabbing them up and processing them faster than I could track. There was 4-5 people who were short on their postage and I couldn't open your envies to take some of the seeds out as they were already sealed. So I ended up paying the extra to take care of them.

I did have one person who I had change (it was around 70 cents) but for the life of me in the confusion I couldn't remember who it was. Please know it was not on purpose that I did not put it in the envie. If you know who you are please email me from my trade page and I will see about getting it back to you.

I truely hope each of you really enjoy your package. Please let me know as soon as they start arriving. I am thinking tomorrow or monday should be the day (for those of you closest)

Yeah!

• wmkolker
    15 years ago

Can I stil do this ? I have

Durtra : Purple swirl
    casor beans
    Bush moon flower
    passion flower
    moon flower vine
    oleander
    A few more I cannot think of right now .

Wendy

• uptreasa
    15 years ago

Didn't come today....BOO hoo hoo : (

• zabecc
    15 years ago

Tammy-
    I received my package today... and I couldn't be happier!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your hard work. You did an awesome job!!! I'm extremely pleased with all the veggies you sent to me. Thank you all for the wonderful seeds that you all sent in. I hope everyone else is just as happy with their packages :)
    Thank you again Tammy!

• joy_unspeakable
    15 years ago

THANK YOU TAMMY!!

My seeds arrived today. So many new goodies to try! You did a great job Tammy - thanks again!

~ Tracy

• smitties
    15 years ago

Tammy, received my package today and was pleased with the contents. There were several new varities to try. I have no problem with the duplicates as I have 5 acres to play with out back. :)

Thanks for the time and energy you put into this project. It appears to have been a huge success.

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Tammy, I rec'd my package today and want to say "THANK YOU". You really outdid yourself. I am so excited with all of the variety I rec'd and many new things for me to try. I think I only rec'd a few duplicates and those were fine. I rec'd many different colors or varieties of things which was totally unexpected. I was hoping for a even a few new things and instead rec'd almost my entire enve full of goodies.

Thank you for all your hard work and thought you put into the enve's. I know from the variety I rec'd that you put a lot of work into this and it is sooooooo appreciated.

God Bless and have a wonderful day.

Nichol

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Tammy,
    Thank you so much for all the awesome seeds. I am so happy with them and thank you so much for all YOUR hard work! I just love them and most of them will be new for me. I could jump up and down I'm so happy!!!! Thank you again, Amy

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

I received my package today too!
    Thanks for a great selection of seeds and for the onion sets :) I have to say the the envelope was a little... "stinky" ... from the onions... peeyoo! I planted them today!

Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• susantexoma
    15 years ago

Mine arrived today too -- what a great surprise, I thought it would take longer to get all the way to Texas. THANK YOU Tammy -- you are so organized, you remembered the ones that I asked for and found me some from my wants list too -- Salvia Lady in Red at last, hooray! Thank you everyone who shared your seeds and especially Tammy for ALL your hard work!

Susan

• grovespirit
    15 years ago

Aloha Tammy-
    Got my seed box from you today, and had lots of fun going through all the goodies!

Thank you very much for all your work as the swap hostess!!

I like the assortment you sent. A few things arrived that I really wanted, and there are lots of nice edibles here that I can donate to the hungry families in Need4Seed. :)

I just sent you an email, because I have a postage related question for you.

Thanks again and happy gardening! :)

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

I received mine today. Thanks for a fun swap!
    Alana

• uptreasa
    15 years ago

Mine came today too. Had lots of fun looking through the assortment, and will have even more fun planting and watching them grow. Thank you so much, Tammy. Treasa

• opie12
    15 years ago

Mine came today too :-) They are great....some I am going to have to look up :-) Always looking for new things!
    Thanks so much Tammy!

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

Tammy, thank you so much for hosting this swap, i love the seeds I received from everybody, thank you so much everyone, you are the best! Chris
    Because if these seeds i can replant everythingI lost in this freakish winterm that lasted 2 weeks, today we had about 5 inches of snow on the ground all day!

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

grovespirit- I sent you an email, letting you know not to worry about it ;-)

I am sooo glad everyone is happy with their seeds. It was a lot harder than I anticipated as that was the first large swap I have hosted.

Tammy

• diggindirt49
    15 years ago

Yea!!! I recieved my seeds today. Great swap. Thank you Tammy for all the hard work. Bev

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

HI Everyone, I received my seeds yesterday and Wow, I was amazed! Thank you so much to Tammy and everyone who sent it great seeds. Have a great day, I am off to go sowing. LOL
    Linda

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

I recieved my seeds today. Nice selection of tomatoes!

Cindy : )

• mommyto2
    15 years ago

I got my seeds!!!!
    Thanks Tammy for all of your hard work :0) I found some really neat seeds in my package that will be sown today.

Thanks again!!

Monica

• tennesseekathy
    15 years ago

BOO HOO! I still haven't got my seeds yet. I have been looking in the mailbox and waiting to check my seeds out. Oh well maybe tommorrow.

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for a great swap and all your efforts. I received my seeds earlier in the week.

Teneseekathy, don't panic yet! I recently sent some seeds to a gardener in Michigan. It took a week for the PO to deliver seeds from New York to Michigan. I can drive to Michigan in under 10 hours!

• threeshyacres
    15 years ago

Hello,

I received my seeds awhile back...thanks so much everyone!

Have a great Easter and Happy Spring,
    Jodi B.
    ThreeShyAcres
    : )

• tennesseekathy
    15 years ago

Thanks Tammy. I finally got my seeds the other day. I don't know what the problem was in the shipping of them the first time but they finally arrived. I am very happy with what I recieved. Hopefully there will not be any problems next time. Sorry I am so late in posting but we are in the middle of moving and I have had a few computer problems. Thanks again. Kathy