Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: :O) Adopt a newbie swap partner list

Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 25, 09 at 16:02

This is our partner list for the swap.

NEWBIES: You are sending FIRST. Please email your partner for her/his mailing address & preferences. Your partner WILL NOT send anything to you until they receive a box from you.
You will have until April 20th to send out your box.

E.G.'s: You are NOT to send until you have received a box from your partner. You will have until May 20th to send your box.

And our partners are:
flower. Pictures, Images and Photos

~Mao(maotsemom) AND Carrie(barefoot contessa)
~Kamil(kamiljablo) AND Joseph(jdkind)
~Linda(lindaruzicka) AND Matthew(matthewhenry) & Michael(riverdank)
~Wendy(sassybutterfly) AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
~Lisa(ishareflowers) AND Renee(eradams05)
~Michelle(micyrey) AND Wendy(loudbaby)
~Nikki(nikkineel) AND Patti(patti1957)
~Tammy(greenthumbgrow) AND Holly(reeselayne) & Jaycetiger
~Kathy(jaleeisa) AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels) & Sherri (weineydog8)
~Diene AND Deb(murphysmom) & Mary(prayerrock)
~Karen(kalena67) AND Dani(dbrown1973)
~Toni(dirtdiggin) AND Shannon(njcwgrl)
~Annie(canyonwind) AND Jaime(ashcraftbunch)
~Divahethr AND Angela(angela00) & Cindy(maimejo)
~Dan(dan the mailman) AND Lorraine(paradisa)
~Pat(pat6) AND Claudia(claudiaclaymama)
~Carol(veeja11) AND Anna(millna2)
~Melissa(hazelnutbunny) AND Nichol(gardenmom2)

flower. Pictures, Images and Photos

TaDa!
:O)

Now, the important part. PLEASE contact your partner! Give 'em an email & chat them up! Get to know each other.....and start swapping!

If anyone has any questions, or if you noticed that I missed someone/something, PLEASE email me!

Have fun, everyone!

Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: :O) Adopt a newbie swap partner list

YAY!
I hope Mamiejo emails me because her email isn't in her profile. I'm so excited THANKS! I'm heather by the way lol

o

Heather~ (I *thought* that was your name, but wanted to be sure! lol) If you don't receive an email from Cindy, please let me know. I'll be trying to get in touch with her in the meantime.
I do have Angela's email, if you need it, though.

If anyone else has trouble contacting their partner, please let me know!

Melissa

o

sassybutterfly, you have mail?
Cindy

o

Holly(reeselayne) & Jaycetiger

Come on guys waitin for your emails... and will start getting some ideas for your boxes.

Tammy AKA greenthumbgrow

o

Hi Matthew and Michael!...yippee....newbies!.."rubbing hands together"....

o

Yay! Let the fun begin! As if it hadn't already! hehe

o

Wow, I got me a newbie. anna send me your address and wish list please, can't wait to get to know you. Dan no nibbling on your newbie !!!

o

Ahh nuts! Looks like I missed the sign ups! :(

Good luck everyone.

o

Hello Murphysmom (deb) and prayerrock (mary), Please send me your address and what you are planning to grow (veggies, flowers, herbs...) Also let me know what your favorite colors are and anything else you think is important.
diene

o

Michael..I deleted your email by mistake...please send me another one..(nice way to start off a swap, huh?.."L")

o

diene, I sent you an email...cant wait to get to know you more!

Mary

o

Good Morning All;
Both of my newbies checked in with me and I will ask them to also post some information on this thread. Part of the plan is that you get to know everyone in the swap, not just your partner. Your partner is your mentor but the whole group is you goal.
They both shared enough info that I have some ideas what to send next month but I do not want to share what they told me. I think they need to do that themselves. What I would suggest to both is that you give everyone an idea of what you have already started growing (if it is nothing, no problem). Any ideas you might have and any questions. This is how you get to know everyone. In all my years at GW I have only met three people (none of which still visit the site) but I have lots of friends from GW. It is a nice outlet.
Well, I have spent more time on the computer than I was supposed to this morning and I need to get going. I have a busy day ahead.
Have a wonderful day.
diene
Oh, yeah, the snow is melting and I have crocus. I will post a picture.
diene

o

My EG contacted me and is giving me some great advice on what to plant in my problem areas. Thank you Michelle....what to get, what to get...Craker Barrell usually has a good selection of really cute garden items. I'll see what they have today. Wendy

o

I've gotten an email from Timmy and am emailing him back this morning. I've not heard anything from Sherri yet, so will email her later today as well. This is gonna be SO much fun!!!

Kathy

o

I'm glad to see that everyone is communicating (or trying to!) with their partners!

Diene~ That's a wonderful idea...yes, everyone needs to come & chat with us so we can get to know each other. We've got some FANTASTIC people here!

I will be contacting my partner this morning....I meant to last night, but took my son out to eat his birthday dinner. And it's sad, because his birthday is in AUGUST...LOL...and I'm JUST NOW getting around to taking him. Wow, time goes FAST! :O)

Have a great day, Everyone!
Melissa

o
Sending boxes

ATTENTION NEWBIES!!!

I have forgotten to mention (my own personal D'OH! moment) that you MUST post here when you mail. It's easier to keep track of that way.
ALSO, Please include DELIVERY CONFIRMATION on your package, and post that number here.
You may send PRIORITY OR PARCEL POST, whichever is cheaper for you...but DC is a requirement. We've had some missing boxes lately, and this helps us track them (a bit, anyway!).

If you've got any questions, please either post here, or ask your partner. :O)
THANK YOU!!

o

Hi everyone,

I've been a bit busy with my two new puppies but have been peeking in daily.

I'm glad to see partners have been posted and that DAN is behaving for now!

eradam"renee> I haven't seen you post since sign ups, are you still with us? I'll send you an email and we can get to know one another a bit and hopefully I can come up with some things for the veggie gardener.

Lisa

o

Hi Just wanted to check in, we got about 8 inches of snow overnight, shows no sign of letting up...calling for 2-4 foot, springtime in the Rockies...we needed it, virtually no snow all winter. I have started my tomatoes, peppers, and lots of herbs. Gonna plant in containers on the deck. It doesn't get above 75 all summer, only one sunny spot on the lot. I have followed you guys for the last month, and have to say, this is way to much fun. I'm with you Dan, Pass the oregano...lol..have a great day...Deb

o

• Posted by paradisa Zone 5 NY Adirondack (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 26, 09 at 11:21

Hi All!!!
Just checking in.
I emailed my EG last night.
I am really excited about this RR and about getting to know all of you!
Gotta run for now.
Off to grocery shop - Old mother hubbards cupboards are bare!
Lorraine
Paradisa

Lorraine

o

Getting ready to e-mail my partner right now.
This should be alot of fun!

Thank you for the tea Linda!

Carrie

o

Jaime...ashcraftbunch, I just sent you an email via GW. Look forward to hearing from you!!

Bunny, thanks for putting this fun swap together!!

Annie

o

Hi everyone! it has been one CRAZY week here!

Cindy (cjcjmass) I did get your email and I'll respond to you in detail this evening if that's ok! I look forward to getting to know you! :)

I haven't heard from my other newbie yet.. I'll give her til Saturday then I'll start annoying her :P

Hugs everyone!
~Wendy

o

Hey Annie(canyonwind),
I just emailed you but I forgot to give you a address so gonna re-mail ya. also need yours....It has rained here for the last few days wish it would dry up so I can get out there and make some beds and paly with the kids.....
Jamie

o

Yea!! Partners!! This will be fun!

Off to see what I can learn about a certain someones likes and wants!!

Karen

o

Hi Everyone. I am a newby/kinda LOL. I have heard from my EG and replied, HI MELISSA> Anyway, I know many of the EG's and am getting t kno you more and more each day. I thought I would start out the newbies as to posting something or a lotta about ourselves. I was shy too, at first, LOL, but not anymore. Everyone here is sooo great and wonderful. THey are giving, and caring. I mean reallly reallllllly caring. They care about what you are going through in your lives and it is great to have somewhere you can go to get support and just get out some of the stressful stuff. I hope everyone here really enjoys themselves.

OK, Anyway, My name is Nichol and I have been married for 14 years in July. My husband is a purple heart. We have two children. Emily is 10 and Tyler is 6. I am a teachers aide at the kids school. I have been an aide for 3 years now. I have been gardening since my husband and I moved to our first house. It has progressed every year. When we lived in an apartment in Dayton, my balcony was crazy full of pots and flowers and vege's. I gardened inpots before there were books on how to do so. LOL. I now have 2 1/2 acres. I have a vege garden that is about 120 by 120. Only I till more and more every year on each end, so it is prob. bigger than that. I have chickens. They are our babies and supply us with enough eggs that my husbnd and I sell them to coworkers. THat pays for the chicken feed, dogfood and last year gave us enough money to pay for a bill each month.

I have flowers everywhere. I love them. I actually just love to grow and the process. If tha makes since. Since I began growing from seed a couple years ago, it is a whole new level for me. I love to watch my babies grow and become plants and then to bear fruit or flowers. It is mystifying to me. I guess it is the closest to God that I feel I can get sometimes. It is a stress reliever for me.

I tried Wintersowing for the first time this year and have had huge success with that. My new experiment (with Wendy) is the cuttings swap. I am currently trying to root cuttings I rec'd in another swap. It was a huge amount of fun and I am learning a lot every day.

OK. THat is enough of me. I just thought I would pave the way for others to tell us about themselves. It really does help get to know each other and make wonderful new friens.

Nichol

o

I got an e-mail from my newbie, Lorraine(paradisa), last night and just sent out a reply a few moments ago, with a few questions of my own! LOL!

I would like to make a recommendation for all the newbies right now. A bunch of us are in a group called the MNF (MNF = Making New Friends), and we like to have monthly swaps which are themed, and we always have a good time just hanging out here online, what with all the drinks, antics, and occasional pool party! We don't have a lot of rules, just that you follow through on your end of the swap if you join, and you don't have to join each of the swaps to have fun with us. I'd like to personally invite all of you to check us out and join in on all the fun! I've put the link below so you can find us. Whether or not you join the April swap, stop by and speak up. We'd love to get to know you!

And, for those of you who need it, I recently looked up the word Behave. Here's what I found...

behave
verb 1. act, react, conduct yourself, acquit yourself, comport yourself
verb 2. (often reflexive) be well-behaved, be good, be polite, mind your manners, keep your nose clean, act correctly, act politely, conduct yourself properly

Here is a link that might be useful: the MNF April Swap

o

With the blizzard and work calling me in this week, I've barely been able to keep my head screwed on!!! I just realized that I needed to come back here and read up on everything, lol.

Karen - I haven't forgotten you - am sending you an email now.

Dani in ND

o

I heard from my one newbie Michael...but I think that Matt is hiding under a bush somewhere...."beating the bushes with a stick"..hey Matt, you in there??

o

HEY! watch it with that stick Linda! what did I do? you hit me! OUCH!

o

Dan, if you'd keep your shorts on, there'd be no need to hide in the bushes.
Honestly.
Didn't you learn ANYTHING from researching the word "behave"?
Huh?
HUH?
Did you?

Linda~ A little less tea before swinging that stick, dear. Tea makes you a bit unstable.
And remember....Dan is NOT a pinata.
As much as we might like to think so.
:O)

Nichol~ I didn't get an email from you, would you mind sending it again? :O) I've been having TONS of trouble with hotmail lately (anyone else??). I am so frustrated with it, I'm about ready to borrow Linda's stick.....

o

Hi,
How do I email my EG? (dirtdiggin) Can someone please help?
Thank you,
Shannon
NJCWGRL

o

would my partner e-mail me please. veeja3@gmail.com Dan you runnin around without your shorts again ? please put them on while your baking our brownies.just make me feel better when I eat one. thankyou carol

o

• Posted by pat_6 z6 NE KY (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 27, 09 at 21:46

Melissa,
I just want to confirm that I have seen the list. I just e-mailed Claudia and look forward to hearing back from her. Thanks for organizing this exchange again this year. You're doing a great job! Pat

o

I have heard from both my prodogies. I am sooo going to enjoy this swap. I was hesitatant at first as I have so much goin on but am glad I decieded to do it. I think it will awesome fun.

Tammy

o

Jamie...ashcraftbunch,

I received your email and responded earlier today. Looking forward to your response...LOL!

Thanks much!!

Annie

o

Just because I'm hiding in the bushes does NOT mean I'm running around sans shorts! You ladies are way too anxious to get me naked again! LOL! I'm fully clothed, just looking around in the bushes for mushrooms is all when here comes Linda and WHAP!!! alongside my head! Ouch! That would've hurt if I hadn't ducked at that moment to pick a mushroom!

Melissa, was I supposed to learn something from my research? I was wanting to give you all that definition, not me! Why would I want to start behaving now? Huh? Why???

***eating a brownie while deciding what to do with all these mushrooms...***
alice and wonderland mushrooms Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Carrie sent a quick note and I wrote back. Now I'm waiting to hear back from Carrie.

o

Shannon~ You can email her by simply going to her member page (go to one of her posts on the previous threads, and click the "my page" link, and then click the "email me" link OR click the member pages link on the bottom of the page here, and then click "search for members", then enter her name -dirtdiggin- in the search bar, click on her name when it pops up, and go from there- same steps) Did that make any sense? If you are still having trouble, then give me an email- hazelnutbunny@hotmail.com and I can help you out. :O)

Dan~ well, what did you expect? You put on a show like that for us last summer.....naturally (grin) we've come to expect the same THIS year. I mean...come ON...it's like giving someone a brownie, and then telling them.."oh, no...sorry...You can't have another..." all the while eating a dozen of them RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM.
See?
Now, how mean is that???

o

so, Melissa, what you're saying is, you want the full monty again this year? well, if you insist... ((GRIN)) I'll meet you in the bushes, but, this year, I expect the same thing out of you too!!!

o

Hello all!

I just wanted to pop in and say Hello to everyone. I have yet to hear from my newbie but will wait a few days before I email her again.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Lisa

o

Oh, YIKES, Dan.... You DO remember that I have 6 kids, right? Do you KNOW what that does to a gal's hips? My hourglass figure is a little bottom heavy. LOL

But.....
If you insist!

Just lemme find a bush wide enough......

And hand out drinks to everyone...they're gonna need 'em!

ROFL!

o

OOPS! Don't go behind that rose bush! It's got some wicked thorns! ROFL

o

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has heard from Kamil? I sent a email from here Days ago and haven't heard back.
Thanks
Joseph

o

hmmm...I"ll see what he's up to...sometimes he has trouble with is computer.

o

I've heard that several people are having trouble getting in touch with their partner. Doggone it.

Sometimes when we send messages directly from GW, they don't get through. We don't know why, they just go out into cyber space & get lost forever......

If you HAVE NOT heard from your partner, please post here, so we can try to track everyone down.

o

Bunny,

I have not heard from my partner yet. I hope she's okay!

Lisa

o

Cindy - did you get my return email? If not I'll try to re-send! :) I haven't heard from my 2nd partner yet, but I'll try again! :)

~Wendy

o

I have heard from both of mine..

o

sassybutterfly_2008

I have not recieved you e-mail could you please resend it.

Thank u

o

Joe, you should be hearing from Kamil...he sent me an email.

o

I have most of the Newbie's email addys, so if anyone has any trouble getting in touch with them....let me know, give me an email, and I can forward you their email address.

o

Hello I still have not rec a e-mail

o

Patti and I have been in touch. Nik

o

Bunny I could use Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)'s email address if you have it. I've only tried to email her thru the GW mail option as there isn't an email on her page.

Cindy I just sent you another email so pls let me know if you receive it.

Hugs!
Wendy

o

Lorraine and I have been chatting very nicely and getting to know one another. This was such a great idea!

-Dan

o

dan put the mushrooms in the brownies please. oregano and mushrooms go great togeather. Lorraine don't let Dan nibble on you it is not a part of the swap although he may tell you different.Millana e-mail me please, I wanna get to know you, and know your likes and dislikes. still raining here of course this is seattle, what do I expect. daffs and tulips and lots of lilies are up can't wait for blooms

o

Linda, I've sent you a couple more emails and they keep getting rejected and sent back. Have you put a block on me or what? ;)

o

I'm chatting with Timmy and getting to know what he's interested in and I have emailed Sherry.

I know Melissa is having some computer problems, so if anyone needs anything, drop me an email and I'll see what I can do :) If nothing else, I'll give her a call.

Kathy

o

Morning all!

I haven't been able to get in touch with my partner yet. I've sent two emails and like Linda, they keep being rejected.

Lisa

o

hello All!

Happy April Fools Day!

Linda thank you for helping! I have been in touch with Kamil and we have been getting to know each other.

Thanks have a great day!
Joseph

o

E.G.'s-------While it's frustrating if you don't hear from your Newbie, please remember that it's THEIR responsibility to answer your emails & to check back in with this swap. If they signed up to trade, but can't be bothered to check back in here....they are the ones missing out. That is why the rules of this swap are set the way they are, to protect the experienced traders and give the Newbies a chance to prove themselves trustworthy.

I hope I don't sound too harsh or unkind....I don't mean to.
But I do realize that there are many people that sign up, not knowing what is involved in these swaps....and that's when the problems get started.
So it's better to find out now, than later.

As long as you're doing everything you can to get in touch with them (sending the first email, if you have their addy....messaging through GW....and posting here), I wouldn't stress if they don't answer back. It may just mean they aren't interested anymore. And it's no skin off your nose, you've got other swaps to participate in, anyway. :O)

But do remember that they have the entire month of April to send, so I'll give everyone we haven't heard from an email to check in with them (the ones I have, anyway....there are several that didn't give me their info).

o

Hello everyone.

I've heard from my partner and her 1st item is
on it's way..:)

Cindy

o

Michael,
I sent you an email..let me know if you got it. I have no idea why you're not getting through! You aren't blocked and the first ones you sent went through fine..."puzzled"

o

Hello Everyone!! Happy April Fools Day! I emailed my partner today, I am very excited about swapping!! Happy almost Spring!

Billie

o

Hi everyone! We just arrived home from vacation in AZ and I responded to an email to my newbie :) but I'm not sure if she received it. I'm sending another...and hope she receives it :)

Toni

o

Morning all!

I got in touch with my newbie yesterday, unfortunately she has decided not to participate in the swap. She has just gone back to work and said that she has already gotten all the flower and veggie things that she needed.

Maybe next year!

Lisa

o

Lisa~ Thanks for letting us know, I'll update the list accordingly.

If anyone else has NOT heard from their Newbie, please let me know. Since it has been nearly 2 weeks since this list was posted, I'll consider them dropped from the swap.

Thanks!

o
List Update

UPDATED LIST:

~Nikki(nikkineel) AND Patti(patti1957) ?
~Tammy(greenthumbgrow) AND Holly(reeselayne) & Jaycetiger?
~Kathy(jaleeisa) AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels) & Sherri (weineydog8)?
~Diene AND Deb(murphysmom)
~Divahethr AND Angela(angela00) ? & Cindy(maimejo) ?
~Pat(pat6) AND Claudia(claudiaclaymama) ?
~Carol(veeja11) AND Anna(millna2) ?

If there is a ? by your name, this means I don't know if you've contacted your partner.

o

hi
this is timmy
we sent my box to kathy today
we had fun getting gifts for her
and evan put in a few for her boys
I can't wait till you get it
goodbye
timmy

o

Nik and I have been in contact.

Patti

o

Hazelnutbunny you have mail!!!!!!

o

Looking forward to receiving your box, Timmy! And we've had so much fun getting things together for yours!

Melissa, I've heard from Sherry, but have not gotten to respond to her yet. I will do so tomorrow.

Sherry, thanks for getting back with me. I'll respond to your email tomorrow.

Tonight I'm just really beat. Met with the surgeon who will be preforming my spinal fusion surgery. I should know either tomorrow or Monday when they get it scheduled for, but we're looking at end of May beginning of June as far as I know right now. More info via email for those who are keeping up with what's going on with me.

Kathy

o

Got it, Cindy! And sent one back to you! :O)

Thanks, Timmy & Patti!

~Tammy(greenthumbgrow) AND Holly(reeselayne)? & Jaycetiger?
~Kathy(jaleeisa) AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels)SENT & Sherri (weineydog8)?
~Diene AND Deb(murphysmom)

o

Hey HNB:
You forgot prayerrock as my newbie. She and I have been in contact and I look forward to getting to know her better. I like having two newbies, I enjoy getting to know new people.
diene

o

Help Bunny I can't get in touch with my newbie help

o

Diene I am enjoying getting to know you also:) Its been a very nice experience and teaching me about the heart also, you are a blessing.

Mary(prayerrock)

o

Billie ~ I'll be emailing you back tomorrow, I just haven't had time to sit down for very long and write a nice long note back!

Cindy ~ same goes for you, expect a response tomorrow! :) I'm just too tuckered out tonight...

Hugs everyone!
Wendy

o

Kathy - We'll be keeping you in our prayers for a wonderful outcome. I'm so sorry that you've been going through all of this. Back pain has to be the worst...been there...and still am. I've heard many wonderful success stories with recent back surgeries so I'm sure all will go well for you and we'll be praying for the best outcome! You take care of yourself and get well.

A quick note on progress....my newbie (Shannon) and I have been in contact :) that sounds so funny lol. After all, I've only been on GW since the end of September...but it's been a very wonderful "WOW" 6 months. lol (counted fingers hehehe)
It sure doesn't seem like that long. And amazingly, I've come on GW and laughed...cried...and every other emotion you could think of. But it's all real! I love being able to come in and talk with everyone. It's a blast! I've missed it over the last couple of weeks. So....wooohooo I'm back ;)

Toni

o

I have heard from both my newbies and have responded to both of them.

Tammy/greenthumbgrow

o

I've contacted my newbie. Dani, I hope you recieved my email! Let me know! (I sent it a couple of days ago)

Kathy, my thoughts are with you concerning your back problems! I have ruptured discs in my neck, was diagnosed last Jan. or so.(2008) After physical therapy and watching what I do, I've had no more symptoms, and I hope things stay this way or I'll be looking at surgery also.

I'm starting to get frustrated with this years wintersowing! No sprouts yet! Last year my sprouts appeared at the end of March. I'm trying to think of what I could've done wrong! Well, I'll keep checking and hoping! I started some veggies inside this year for the first time. Tomatoes, peppers, and melons. Hopefully I can keep them alive for another month!! I think I may have started them too soon.

Tuesday's snow has almost melted away. I help my son on his paper route by driving him around (until track is over & then he'll be biking it!) and I keep checking out everyones flower beds. I see tulips and Iris' popping up. I'm so excited for spring!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Karen

o

Hi all!

I sent my partner an e-mail. She responded :-)
I just responded back to her today. Things have been go-go-go- around here and I was a bit delayed in responding, but finally! was able to.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend. We are in a winter storm warning for Sat. night - Sunday pm :-(
I hope that things change and the snow turns to rain instead, or nothing at all!

Carrie

o

Carol~ I haven't been able to contact her, either. She hasn't got an email listed on her page, and she's not contacted me. If we don't hear from her in a few days, we'll have to drop her. :O(

Heather & Pat~ Have you gotten in touch with your newbies yet?

EVERYONE please remember to post when you send AND receive!
Thank you! :O)

~Kathy(jaleeisa) AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels)SENT & Sherri (weineydog8)

o

Hi I've been offline a few days but I wanted to report that I have heard from both of my swap buddies...they are both as sweet as can be I just now got back online to respond to one of them tonight going to write her back. Something was wrong with my internet but now it's fixed so I apologize I saw the red question mark next to me and my buddies names lol. Everything is A OK as far as I know happy to check in. Talk soon

heather

o

Kathy, my viper's bugloss is sprouting indoors, have you planted yours yet?

o

I received a wonderful box from Timmy this afternoon! So many wonderful things!

A wonderful note written by Timmy!

lots of Easter eggs filled with yummy 3 Musketeers and KitKats!

a cute denim bag with a star on the pocket (How did you know I REALLY like stars!!?) with a bar of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate and Mint!

A new Hummingbird feeder and necter mix

and finally, the best thing in the box... yes, even better than the chocolate!.. a handmade birdhouse made for me by Timmy himself from a BIG birdhouse gourd! It's painted red and still has part of it's stem on it for the birds to perch on! This is going to have a special place in the yard where I can see it from my office window and when we're outside in the gazebo!

Thank you so much, Timmy! I am putting together a wonderful box for you, but it will be a little bit before I can mail it. I have to wait for the postman to bring me some special things I wanted to share with you! I just hope that you like them as much as I like what you sent me!

HUGS,
Kathy

o

Wow, GREAT job on Kat's box, Timmy! :O)
Thanks for letting us know what he sent, Kat!

Heather~ good to hear that everything is OK with you!

~Kathy(jaleeisa)REC'D FROM TIMMY AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels)SENT & Sherri (weineydog8)

o

Sent mine yesterday.

Mary

o

hello everyone!!! Sorry for late post, didn't want to interrupt the tucking in of little seedlings.

Wendy, have you e-mailed back yet? I am just making sure I haven't missed it. Sometimes DH doesn't tell me that he deletes messages! LOL! I feel like a P.I. tracking e-mails down when he does that!!

o

Thank you for letting us know, Mary! :O)

Since neither Carol or I have heard from Anna, I am going to consider her dropped from the swap. :O(

Updated list:

~Kathy(jaleeisa)REC'D FROM TIMMY AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels)SENT & Sherri (weineydog8)
~Diene AND Deb(murphysmom) & Mary(prayerrock)SENT

o

Aw what a loss for Anna, Carol is sooo generous and such a fun swap buddy!
Patti and I have been emailing. I am very excited about our swap!
Timmy, that was a really creative and fun box you sent! Kat, How are you feeling? I've been keeping up with you through the posts. You are always in my prayers!
Hope everyone has a great week. Looks like cold weather is coming in... ughh
Nik

o

NEWBIES:

Please post and let us know how you're doing. Even if it's just a short "hi, I'm still here"...that would be great!
Please check in with your partner at LEAST every few days, simply to chat or to give an update on their box.

We would all appreciate knowing how things are going! :O)

Thanks!!!

o

Hello All;
My DH had given me a task to perform this morning as he left for the salt mine. I dutifully(?) went to due his bidding and discovered that the spring on the garage door had broken so the door would not lift. Now I know there is supposed to be a way to lift it manually but if you remember back in November I lost part of a finger trying something similar to that so there was no way I was going there.
Fortunately, a friend rescued me and we went to Lowes to buy a new spring. Well you know how that is, you need to look at this and that and then you have lunch....
She dropped me off about an hour ago and went on her way. I discovered after she left that I had left the springs in her car, life seems to get more challenging as one ages.

All of this should make me a bit cranky but when I arrived home I had a package!! How can anyone stay cranky when they have a package. It was from prayerrock and had some beautiful knitted and crocheted items that were made by people very special to her. I am honored she shared them with me. They are beautiful!!
She also told me all about her family which includes lots of loving four legged friends. It is great to get to know new people.
She did not tell me what she was hoping to get from this swap but I think we have communicated that personally. Fortunately, she just wants plants as I do not have the talent for the types of gifts she sent.
Thanks Mary, I am touched.
diene

o

Wonderful package, Diene!
Very thoughtful gifts, Mary!

~Diene REC'D FROM MARY AND Deb(murphysmom) & Mary(prayerrock)SENT

o

Diene - Do you NOT, I repeat, do NOT go near that garage door. Forget the springs, use the front door...
That was a really special gift prayerrock.
Patti has sent me a special list to go through. WOW! I'd love to visit her veggie garden during the summer!
Happy Monday! Nik

o

Hello everyone!

Timmy and Mary, those are some nice boxes you've sent!

This week end we are suppose to have temps in the 50's, so guess what I'll be doing!...Cleaning up my flower beds. I walked around and took a look at them yesterday and realized that I have a lot more work to do than I thought. I really need to start doing some of this in the fall!! But it is also kind of fun uncovering things and seeing what is starting to emerge. There is a lot of seed heads out there, from Agastache to Echinacea, Rudbeckia and Amaranth. I hope I don't end up with a million seedlings to work around!

I have big plans of moving flowers around. We'll see how that goes. It is always more work than I planned. And to think I'm trying to talk DH into helping me start another flower bed this spring! What am I thinking??? lol Next thing you know, I'll be using the round up on my yard like Dan! ...not that there is ANYthing wrong with that! :) One can never have enough flowers, and who likes mowing anyway!!

Dani, I hope everything is going well with you! Drop in and say 'Hi!'

Well everyone, I hope your having a nice and sunny afternoon!

Karen

o

Hi all. Just checking in. I have been cleaning out flower beds and mowing and planting and and and. LOL Then of course today the temp dropped and it has snowed. Yesterday was 72 degrees. It is supposed to get down to 28 tonight with windchills in the teens to around 20. Quite a change. Luckily it will be back up to the fifty's Wed and 60 this weekend.

I have a few things ready for miss bunny but would like to get a cuple more. Then I will be ready to mail. Hopefully by this weekend.

I have been a planting machine it seems. I have winter sowed all weekend and potted up petunia seedlings I started inside. I also took several plants and seedlings out to the hoops on the vege beds though I did not plant them out yet. Just wanted to start hardening off a little under the hoops first. Plus it made more room as I have tons I want to plant this week. I figure the next couple cold days will be great for that as every time it warms up I find things to do outside.

I am worried about my babies though. My scarlet runner beans and some other things I planted I had put inside a beaten up little miniature greenhouse/shelving unit. The kind you can buy at Lowes with shelves and the plastic cover zips around it. It has worked really well for 3 years now. This year though it has several rips or tears in it. 1 is kinda large right down the zipper (the wind got it last year and blew it about 100-150 yards away). It has been so hot the last week or two that it has worked really well b/c I did not need to vent it as I did the hoop houses out back. BUT, now I have lots of seedlings poking through and am not sure if I should bring them in. Frost does not get through, but the cold can get in. SO, i am in a quandry. I know my WS'd stuff is fine though it gives me heart palpitations to see my babies out there in such weather, but I trust that they will be fine. But the others were in a little warmer climate so I am not sure about them.

Ok, off to eat, the take ds (6 yearsold) to swim lessons. We will see if he jumps in on his own again. Hopefully not,as the first time he did, no one saw him and mom had to run and scream for them to rescue him. He was fine when he came up though, and wanted to do it again. Last week he did it again, but the girls all watch him now, as they were scared to death last spring when he jumped in. They are the high school girls from the swim team and my daughter swims with the junior high girls so we know them really well. Just gave everyone a good wake up call. It was a blessing really because at the next set of lessons, another little boy FELL in and the girls were really paying attention (b/c of Tyler) and were right there so fast that he barely hit the water before they had him. So I praise god that the girls learned a lesson and that they were able to learn from someone they knew than from a parent who (with good reason) would have been really upset. I know they learned a lesson. SO anyway, last week he jumped in but honestly thought it was his turn to go and they tend to let him jump in b/c they play with him during the meets and things.

OK. I hope I checked in enough now. LOL Hope everyone is having a great monday. If anyone could help me out about the plants in the tore up greenhouse, that would be great, too. Otherwise we will leave em and hope for the best.

Nichol

o

Carrie, I've tried e-mailing you three times through two different accounts and i get a failure notice "Mailbox currently suspended". You'll have to e-mail me again so we can continue our correspondence.

mao

o

Hi,

I have been in contact with Toni(dirtdiggin)my EG...i
will be sending her box next week Im waiting to go to town to PU something else for the box..I dont go to town very often,,,Great reason to go...Toni is very nice..

Thanks
Shannon
NJCWGRL

o

Just wanted to drop in and say hello to everyone.
Cindy

o

Hi there everyone,

Its been wonderful weather here! I was out in the sun all day today and actually got both my shoulders sunburned! Anyone have an aloe plant I can borrow..LOL

Anyways I overdid myself and am paying for it tonight but oh how much I love to be outside doing gardening and yard work:)

Deine I am so glad you liked your package..Hugs my new friend:)

Blessings to everyone.
Mary

o

Hi everyone. Cold weather in Kansas is really getting old, we are a little impatient for more springlike weather.LOL

Cindy (cjcjmass), have you heard from Wendy (sassybutterfly)? We haven't been able to catch each other. I check back tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone.

Billie

o

hello
Timmy was so happy to hear you liked the birdhouse, this was accualy the first one he finnished, usualy he paints a little then gets distracted and I end up finnishing it. but I was very pleased he not only did one all the way he did one for himself too.
this sudden cold is nurveracking, but I got my vegie garden started sat in 30 to 50 mile per hr wind. I put in taters, onions, peas, kale, and lettuce. my toms are growing like weeds and need to be repotted, and I'm gonna start to scatter my flower seeds in my annual beds.
I will be ready to send my box of plants by mid april as long as the weather stays warm enough, I have heared from my newbie and she has my address.
well I got to get going this morning
have a great day everyone
michelle

o

I was definitely thrilled with the birdhouse! I've been showing it off to everyone to comes over! Everyone is really impressed that he did it himself! We are going to hang it in the backyard, but haven't been able to yet. Temps here have been down to 24 last night and in Oklahoma nothing happens without high winds! We're intending to hang it Thursday while DH is off work. DH is going to make an alteration and widen the drainage holes in the bottom so that we can thread some sturdy twine through the bottom to secure it to the spot we're going to hang it a little better because we're worried about the winds smashing it. That way it will still sway a little, but will be secured and can't bang against anything and break. And I'm going to use one of my paint markers and write Timmy's name and the name of this swap and year on it. That way I'll never forget who made it for me and when :)

I'm working on a package of seeds to mail to Timmy now, should go in the mail today or tomorrow. That way he's not waiting so long (I know two weeks is FOREVER to a 6 year old!) to have something from this swap. Once the other things I ordered for my gardens that I want to share with him comes in, I'll mail those as well :)

I've heard from my other Newbie, Sherry, once and responded asking for more information and sharing a little more about me. I'm hoping to hear back from her soon, I'm really excited to get to know her and find out what kind of things she enjoys!

Kathy

o

I've heard from Michael several times but only once from Matthew. I emailed Matthew back and hadn't received a response as of yet...hmmm..think I scared him?..."L"

o

I've emailed my 'girls' back again today. Been caught up finalizing some paperwork on my mom's estate.. finding specific papers in about 40 boxes of stuff yet to be unpacked from the move.. yea.. not fun! lol

We've got this same crazy up 'n down weather here too! Darn cold yesterday and today, back up to 70 tomorrow. :P

Hugs everyone!
Wendy

o

I have to wonder just WHAT is going on lately with all this weird weather.
It was 22 degrees this morning, tomorrow it's supposed to be 70.
Go figure!

o

I got your email Wendy!!! I am ready to go hunting!!! Hi everyone!!

o

Okay, I just want to know one thing... when is all that global warming scheduled to kick in for us??? I was given some cantaloupe plants by my father before he went on vacation last week, and now I've got buds on them! Anyone else beginning to wonder if they'll be harvesting in the house??? Someone needs to tell Old Man Winter to go away!
Wind God Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I am right there with ya Dan. I have yet to plant ut anything ecept some garlc (that is to close so I need to transplant some of it). I don't have lettuce or peas planted yet, either. They are usually in by mid march. Potatoes should be in by this weekend but it is so wet that I don' think I will be able to till until June at this rate. I hink I am going to poke holes all over with the fork (garden LOL) and see ifthat helps get air underneath anddry som of it out. Otherwise I will be turning the wet stuff over by hand just to plant. Which wil mean mud and clods and a mess. Not sure what to do.

I may try to put plastic down but when it is sunnyand windy I figure the sun and wind will dry it out faster than if it were covered. I guess I could dolike the ball teams ground crews and runout in the rain and coverwith plastic. (of course that would require me to be home ea. time it rains and I am usually at schoo.)

Winter go away.

Nichol

o

Good morning cntrygrlathrt.

Yes, I heard sassybuttery 2008 yesterday. How are you doing? I may be able to help you out with the hosta that
you are looking for.send my a e-mail

cindy

o

*tiptoeing into the room, looking in every nook and cranny, and yelling 'WHERE IS EVERYONE???'

We are going to have a beautiful day on Saturday, and I can't wait! Garden beds here I come!! They are so lonely and neglected right now! :(

Nichol, is the mud drying up yet? I hope so! Our garden is a mess yet. We won't be able to till I'm sure for another couple of weeks. Meanwhile, my tomatoes, melons, etc. that I started growing inside are getting pretty big! Heck, maybe the tomatoes will be blossoming by the time we can plant them out!! lol. I definately started them too early.

Well, time for me to get the kiddos up for school. Have a great day everyone!

Karen

o

I do have a tomatoe sprout in one of my wsing containers...my spinach is getting pretty big too..wish this weather would straighten out!

o

I think I'm the only one that DIDN'T try wsing thing year! I just never seemed to find the time for some reason...... LOL!

We've got to get started on our veggies next week, too. That's something that I've been putting off because we don't have a tiller, and so EVERYTHING has to be done by hand. UGH. I've decided that instead of one big one, I'm gonna do several small ones. Starting with the veggies that are MOST important to us (ones the kids will actually EAT).

Tomorrow, if it's not raining, we'll be putting in the girls' sunflower, corn & bean hut. We've already got the walls marked out where we want them to be. The walls are going to consist of the corn & sunflowers. At each corner there will be pole beans. Around the entire thing will be morning glories. And then, the girls will have "flower beds" by the front, with whatever seeds they can get to grow there. :O) Which, knowing them....could be anything.

So, that's the PLAN, anyway. If this darn weather would cooperate. Storms today, can you imagine?? Just when I had planned to do some yard work! THE NERVE!! :P

o

Bunny I know what ya mean... but I played the bday card this week and got my youngest son and my SO to use the shovels and hoe and 'till' up my garden beds all nice n fluffy! woohoo! I'm so glad my bday is in the Spring..LOL It's supposed to be gorgeous here throughout the rest of the wk and wkend too! I'm going out scavenging today.. shovel and pruning shears and bucket in hand.. gonna scout some woodlands and see what I can find to come home w/ me :P and no, these are not parks:P It's my uncle's land :)

Hugs!
Wendy

o

Hello sassybutterfly_2008

I believe today that you will find alot of
goodies coming your way.
Cindy

o

Hi everyone!

I have some black raspberries to plant and I keep waiting for the weather and timing to work out!! It is supposed to be wet and cooler here today and tomorrow. I may have to put them in the ground while its raining.

I heard from sassybutterfly_2008 a few days ago:) I am hunting for some wonderful garden decor to send her way!

Happy Easter if I don't see everyone before then.

Billie

o

Oh, bunny! No tiller?? My DH has a self propelled tiller, (is that what you call it?) and still he has found someone who said they would bring their small tractor over and till it. How does he get out of all the work?? lol, I wish I could find someone to come over and just 'offer' to do some landscaping work for me! :)
Your corn/sunflower/and bean hut sounds like it's going to be a really neat place for your kids to play! You'll have to post some pics late in the summer/early fall!

I sure wish the weather would improve for y'all. It is suppose to be in the upper 40's today, but so far just 36 degrees. The week-end should bring mid to upper 50's. I did see slight chance of showers for Easter Sunday. Next week looks like temps in the 50's.

Wendy, good luck today on your scavenger hunt! Hope you find a bunch of goodies to bring back with you!

Linda, I started some spinach indoors, and it's looking pretty spindly. I think I'll have to buy some. Or maybe I could spring sow some! I only wintersowed I think 6 or 8 jugs of perennials, and had no tape for the jugs. I just used twist ties to keep them shut and I still have no sprouts. Taping them up for me (up North) I guess is a must! In the last 2 yrs I had all kinds of things sprouting by now. Lessoned learned!

Well, it's off to make lunch for the kiddos. Have a good afternoon everyone!
Karen

o

Thanks for letting us know, Cindy!

Pat~ Have you heard from Claudia? Please let us know! :O)

Ya'll let me know if I've missed anyone or anything.

Let's TRY to have all packages from Newbies sent no later than the 20th, so they have plenty of time to arrive before May.

~Wendy(sassybutterfly) AND Cindy(cjcjmass)SENT & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
~Diene REC'D FROM MARY AND Deb(murphysmom) & Mary(prayerrock)SENT

o

I'm still waiting for the things for Timmy's box to arrive. I should have everything right around the 20th. I'm going to out together that bubblie of seeds for him, but it probably won't be til tomorrow. I'm sore from being outside yesterday putting my veggie seedlings in the raised beds since it looks like we're finished with freezes, finally, and putting in my seed that doesn't like transplanting.

I've not heard anything back from Sherry so far. I'm going to give her a few more days, then call that one a miss and concentrate on other things, if that's alright, Melissa. I've had only a single email from her in all this time.

Kathy

o

I've only had one email from Matthew also...I'll give it another shot today and see what happens.

o

Linda & Kat~ That'll be fine. They've each had plenty of opportunities to check in & stay in contact. If you don't hear back from either of them by Monday, we'll just move on.

E.G'S: Please remember to leave a post for your partner over at the RATE & REVIEW FORUM.
Thanks! :O)

o

Hi Just wanted to drop in and say hi, and let you know that I mailed out Diene's package today. The weather is breaking a bit, but live about 9000 foot, so we still have a couple more months of it. The tomatoes and peppers are up and under lights, I waited as long as I could, and still gonna be way to early. Next year I will have more of an idea what I am doing. Hope everyone is having a great day. Take Care Deb

o

Thanks for letting us know, Deb! :O)

~Wendy(sassybutterfly) AND Cindy(cjcjmass)SENT & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
~Kathy(jaleeisa)REC'D FROM TIMMY AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels) & Sherri (weineydog8)
~Diene REC'D FROM MARY AND Deb(murphysmom)SENT & Mary(prayerrock)

o

Hello
I got a very nice box from wendy(loudbaby) today.
I will try to rember everything i got but I put things away as I unpacked so I'm rilly sorry if I forget something
a pair of tiny snips(thanks so much I have not been able to find these anywhere)
a set of glass pot waterers
goodines for my puppy and some cat balls for the kitten(it was very nice the box jingled)
gloves
a pot
a shiny star spinner for the garden
twisty lizard ties
bubble envies
and a package of hummingbird food
thanks a bunch
you put together a great box
I will post a review very soon, but don't know if I will have the time tonight.
I have lots of great ideas for plants to send you
I will get them boxed up and send in a week or so, I will let you know when it goes out.
BIG HUGGGGG
michelle

o

I gotta box from Cindy(cjcjmass)!!!!!!! and it's a big'un! lol I'll be back after dinner to post my goodies!

THANKYOU~
Wendy

o

Ok gather 'round, here's my list of goodies from Cindy!

She sent me the CUTEST metal 'boot' shaped planter.. omgosh I LOVE it! hehe
~a very nice oven mitt/ handtowel set. Very cool cuz it actually has the colors in it that I'm about to paint my kitchen! Did you read my mind? :P
~garden marker w/ metal hanger that says 'Welcome to my Garden'
~'Celebrity Cheese' Calendar.. so cute! Has months like 'Jane Fondue' and 'Gorgonzola Clooney' LOL
~An adorable 'chocolate' memo cube holder :)
~Jelly Belly Jelly beans (kids already nabbed them!)
~Garden 'stone' w/ the inscription 'Inspire' I love this!
~a baggie of bulbs - not sure what tho? lol
~another baggie that I *think* includes Heuchera, Hosta and some kind of sedum?
~a cute ceramic lighthouse candleholder
~Seeds:
Zinnia Cut & Come Again
Soapwort
Giant Reed Grass
Blue Columbine
Agastache Pink Tutti Frutti *SUPER SUPER WANT of mine!!*

Thankyou so much Cindy that was a wonderful surprise to come home to today! You did a fabulous job! :)

*HUGS*
~Wendy

o

I had a wonderful time shopping for you!!!!!
I'm glad that you enjoy you suprise box.

Cindy

o

sassybutterfly_2008

The bulb are all name daylilly the names should be marked on the side.

pumpkin kid
night beaconlimages porcelain
davidkirchhoff
guiniver's gift
siloam david kirchhoff

I hope you enjoy

o

Well I know we were supposed to wait until we received our box from our newbie, and I have received one of mine already but... This is Maine, and when you have weather that enables you to dig, you dig. It was almost 60 today, I broke out my shorts and t-shirt for the first time. It was glorious but the temperature is dropping and they are saying snow for tonight. I do not know when we will have another day this fine, we usually do not plant outside until the first full moon after Memorial Day. We can get a frost up until then so..
I dug a bunch of stuff up, oh, I just remembered I forgot to dig the pandora's box daylily. So newbies, if you want that, let me know.
I also do not think I should join these newbie swaps anymore as I am not good at showing them the "proper" way to pack plants, the "approved" method of labeling everything and I also did not put a note in. I will be sending a note when I send the bulbs I planned on including but did not have room for. They can be packed anytime.
So Mary and Deb, enjoy your stuff, e-mail me if you have no idea what something is and enjoy. I usually recommend that when you receive plants, soak them overnight in water before you plant. I think you should be able to read my labeling but if not, let me know.
Final issue is that I do not usually include a bunch of stuff (I almost said junk) but I have received some beautiful things from people that I have no use for. I have a box of these lovely things in the basement. So I send plants, seeds and my best wishes.
diene

o

Diene ~ glad you got a shorts day! :)

Cindy.. WOW! and you call yourself a newbie?? LoL THANKYOU so much for the daylilies! That REALLY makes my day!! I didn't see anything w/ the names marked on it tho, just fyi! I'm so glad I asked! lol

Well the kids have brought home yet another cold/sore throat virus.. I can't believe we're sick AGAIN! and on Spring break too! We've got a tornado watch going right now tho it says we're not even getting rain now... our weather is SO weird! I love the wind tho :P

HUGS!
Wendy

o

Wendy, enjoy the tornado weather! When I was a young kid, about 20 or 21, the 4th of July fireworks were cancelled because of the weather, so I stayed home and huddled with the family dog beneath a picnic table on the back deck and watched 2 tornadoes come within a mile of our house. Nature sure can put on a wild fireworks display!!!
Even if there aren't tornadoes, I still love to get outside during a good thunderstorm. Everything feels alive in those kinds of storms, and there's so much raw power in the air, I love it! Maybe I should've been a storm-chaser, you think?

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!
-Dan

o

Dan, I could see you as a storm chaser...no problem..."L"

o

I just received my dc# from Lorraine, who is going camping all next week. Yay for her! She dropped a few hints about what she sent too, and I think I'm going to like what she sent! I've really enjoyed talking with her, exploring some new ideas for a couple places in her yard and getting to know a new friend. This was a great idea HNB!!!

Oh, I've been asked by someone to post this picture...
Photobucket

o

*sigh*
Poor cousin Harry! I KNEW his wife should've never talked him into taking that easter job. :P

Wendy~ We had those storms on Thursday night- scary stuff! We went to Walmart, and while we were shopping, it hit. The lights went out (came back on really quick, thanks to the generators!), the entire building was shaking, and it sounded like a freight train was on top of the building. It was raining so hard, you literally had to yell at the person next to you, and they STILL said 'WHAT??'
It was awesome, but scary.
And then the tornados hit just a few miles south of where my parents live....and my boys are staying down there this week, so THAT was scary, for me...not knowing if they were OK or not.

ANYWAY.....It doesn't surprise me that Dan loves the wild weather. Why is that?? LOL!

**Great boxes, Michelle & Wendy! Thanks for letting us know you received them!

~Wendy(sassybutterfly) REC'D FROM CINDYAND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
~Michelle(micyrey)REC'D AND Wendy(loudbaby)
~Kathy(jaleeisa)REC'D FROM TIMMY AND Timmy(timmyhotwheels) & Sherri (weineydog8)
~Diene REC'D FROM MARY & SENT TO BOTH AND Deb(murphysmom)SENT & Mary(prayerrock)

o

• Posted by paradisa Zone 5 NY Adirondack (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 11, 09 at 21:56

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you know I sent Dan out his goodie box today.

I am having fun getting to know him and He has given me some great advice and tips for my big bank project.

Have a Happy Easter!!!!

Paradisa

o

Have a Wonderful Easter Everyone!

:O) Karen

o

Happy Easter Everyone;
I need to post the DC for my boxes. For Mary the DC is 01038555749763348545. and Deb's is 01038555749773834304. I have not tried to track either one of them. I will do that now.
diene

o

Hi everyone. Just wanted to post that I will be mailing out my box today or tomorrow. Prob. this afternoon. HOpe everyone had a nice weekend.

Nichol

o

Checking in....some great boxes here!!!!!! Have a great Monday!!

Annie

o

My e-mail to Carrie comes back because her account has been suspended so I guess this trade just isn't going to happen. I'm sorry to miss out on the fun.

o

Hope everyone had a nice Easter!

Cindy I just wanted to thank you again for such a nice box! You did a great job!

Billie I hope you're doin' well and not going too out of your way buying things for the box!

I just wanted to say I may be offline for a week maybe even two. I had alot of issues this wkend and had an ER visit and (NO INSURANCE!) soo cable bill money is going to the drs instead of the cable company this month..:P I should be up and running no later than the 1st and I'll check in when I can from neighbor's computers or the library.. Just wanted to give notice to Billie and Cindy and BUnny! It's just one of those months! I should be around at least another day.. we'll see...lol

Hugs,
Wendy

o

When I returned from delivering the mail today, a package was waiting at my case for me, and what a package! Lorraine (paradisa) sent a wonderful package to me! So nice, that I had to take pictures so I could share them with you all! When I opened up my box, I found another box wrapped in blue tissue with a white bow. Once I had that open, there were a lot of smaller packages, all wrapped up in blue tissue with white ribbons. One of my co-workers watched while I opened up everything, and she kept saying how good of a time SHE was having, just watching me open up everything! Well, here are a couple of pictures of the box, which Lorraine sent for me to keep seeds in...
Photobucket
Photobucket
and here's a picture of everything with the box opened up...
Photobucket
And now, let me tell you what was inside this wonderful box! First, Lorraine sent a lot of stuff, including the see box, which had a wolf theme. I love wolves, consider them my totem, and love what she sent! Now, here's what was inside this box!
a CD by Jim Gaffigan, a comedian, so I can relax and have a few laughs. I've already listened to some of this CD, and it really is funny!
a peacock feather (don't know why, but very cool!)
a wonderful card
package of 25 plant labels
dehydrated tomatoes (I'll use these in my cooking)
homemade strawberry jam
2 packs of seed envelopes
a small wolf notebook
wolf-themed calendar/checkbook cover
wolf bookmark
medium-sized wolf-themed notebook
11 different types of tomato seeds
nasturtium mix
double-click cosmos
white brown-eyed susan vine
chinese lanterns
yellow clasping coneflower
cosmos - bright lights
cosmos - orange fluted
cosmos - tall yellow
cosmos - picotee
calendula
toothache plant
geum trifloreum
morning glories
nemophilia - penny black
rose seeds (I've been wanting to try to grow roses from seeds!)
gomphrena
hardy pink hibiscus (from Lorraine's hibiscus)
blue sweet peas
fan fare gallardia

this box was incredible! THANK YOU LORRAINE!!!
(and to think that she was worried I wouldn't like what she sent. how could I NOT like it???)

now, all you other e.g.s, aren't you just jealous? hehehe

***heading off to bed now***
-Dan

o
and...

okay, blame it on the wine (a very nice shiraz, which I tried for the first time tonight!) but I forgot a couple of things. Lorraine also sent 3 catnip-filled mice and a bag of party mix treats for the cats, who have enjoyed their new toys and treats tonight very much! (Bump is a bit spaced-out at the moment, probably from the catnip. He's so funny!)

o

Hello all I just wanted to post the DC for kamil

Have a great day!

o

Great boxes, everyone! Thank you ALL for keeping us up to date! :O)

Mao~ I'm sorry to hear about that- it seems that others have had a difficult time getting in touch with her as well. I'll go ahead and remove ya'll from the list, but if you happen to hear from her & complete your trade, please let me know!

Pat~ Have you heard from your partner? Please let us know!

~Kamil(kamiljablo) AND Joseph(jdkind)SENT
~Wendy(sassybutterfly) REC'D FROM CINDY AND Cindy(cjcjmass) & Billie Jo(cntrygrlathrt)
~Michelle(micyrey)REC'D AND Wendy(loudbaby)
~Diene REC'D FROM MARY & SENT TO BOTH AND Deb(murphysmom)SENT & Mary(prayerrock)
~Dan(dan the mailman)REC'D AND Lorraine(paradisa)

A NEW THREAD IS POSTED!

o

Are you still adopting newbies? I'm looking for a mentor!

o

I am a newbie really, have lost my way from here and now back. Is this still going on, if so I would be interested. thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here