Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

update: seeds & stitches, march qbs, part ii

dan_the_mailman
14 years ago

My computer is giving me fits, so hopefully this'll work this time. You don't even want to know how many times I've already tried to post this second thread. Please put your quilt blocks in the mail by this coming Monday, the 29th of March. I'd like to get all the quilt blocks in by the 2nd of April so I can mail them back to you on the 3rd. If anyone else would like to join, there is still time. Here's our current list of players, and who I've received from...

dan_the_mailman (me)

beth_b_kodiak (Beth)

micrey (Michelle) received

hazelnutbunny (Melissa) received

lindaruzicka (Linda)

faintheart (Dee)

pennijanine (Penni) received

gmom2-6boys (gmom) received

robin1962-2008 (Robin)

ilovfarac (Melinda)

sandlapperrose (Jeanne) received

Comments (79)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

dan_the_mailman (me) hosting
    beth_b_kodiak (Beth) sent
    lindaruzicka (Linda) received
    faintheart (Dee) sent
    robin1962-2008 (Robin) sent

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

Dan????? I sent mine a week ago.
    I can't figure that they have not arrived.\
    Beth

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Can we have Oreo's with our ice cream?
    I have been craving Oreo's like you would not believe! And all I can find at the store are the peanut butter or chocolate filled ones, but all I want is the plain, old fashioned Oreo's.
    And a tall glass of milk! (which is the only way I'll drink milk, I hate it otherwise..)

Oh, and those darn pop-ups on the page aren't helping, either! GAH!

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Beth, I don't understand it either. I've looked around the office and asked around, but no one here has seen your package. What type of package did you send... manila envelope, priority box, ??? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll get here soon...

I did however, receive a package of quilt blocks from Dee today! She even included quilt blocks depicting Bump and Stella in the window looking at the birds. I wish I was using my computer, then I could show you what they look like. Dee, they are just too cool! Thank You!!!

And now here we are...
    faintheart (Dee) received
    robin1962-2008 (Robin) sent

As you can see, we are just waiting on blocks from Robin and Beth to arrive, and then I will be filling your packages with new quilt blocks and sending them your way. Everyone keep your fingers crossed while those two packages make their way here...

And Melissa, if you want oreos, then yes, you can have oreos with your ice cream. I've even got marischino cherries for those who want them.

It's been in the 70s hereabouts lately, so yesterday I grilled chicken with a caribbean jerk marinade. There were leftovers, so today we had chicken again, but I made a nice fruit salad with lots of coconut and cool whip in it. MMMMM!!! Bananas, strawberries, m. cherries, pineapple, and watermelon, all mixed up with coconut and cool whip! Want some?

Everyone have a great night! I'm heading back home for some fruit!

Peace.
    -Dan

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Dan,
    Sorry to hear about your computer. When you can include pictures once again, please post the block that Dee made with Bump and Stella looking out the window. I know we would love to see it!
    Glad you are getting to enjoy the outdoors. It is close to 90 degrees here. I worked with my winter sowing containers for awhile today, but afraid to transplant anything with the heat and sun being like this. I suppose it will cool down a bit in a few days.
    Jeanne

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

hello everyone! I'm at the library once again, darn it! oh well, at least I've got this option, right? I received Robins blocks today, but I'm still waiting for Beths. That leaves us at...
    robin1962-2008 (Robin) received

I'm going to give it a few more days on Beths blocks to arrive. If they haven't arrived by next Wednesday, which I'm sure they will, then I'll get with her and work something out. Hang in there and enjoy your ice cream everyone! Remember, good things come to those who wait, right?
    Beth, what kind of package are we looking for?

Peace, and bon week-end!
    -Dan

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

Dan they were in a large padded envelope sent by First Class MAil.
    We have had a sub on several times the past two weeks and he keeps forgetting things, like he leaves the outgoing mail in the box with the flag up. Or carries packages around for a couple days be cause he "forgets " to leave them.
    I'm gritting my teeth here but it does not help much.
    Other than that, things are going better. We are both beginning to get over the "Krud" that has had us coughing and hacking for ten days now. The clinic told Jack it lasts about 3 weeks so if we can beat it in two, we must be ahead. Right?
    Our neighbor brought us a huge bag full of grapefruit so we are tanking up on nice fresh Vitamin C.
    Hope each of you have a beautiful weekend and Linda and Bunny stay out of trouble.
    hugs
    Beth

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Beth, I just sent you an e-mail thru the GW. Let me know if it makes it thru to you, okay?

So, I'm cruising the internet and see something that catches my eye. It's a little ditty about straw bale gardening. So I check out a few websites, and get a bit excited. I think I've found my experiment for the summer. Here's what I've gleaned. Read it, and let me know what you think...

Straw Bale Gardening
    The bale is the garden. Put it on your balcony or path if you want to.
    Use one or umpteen bales as you need and in any pattern. Because straw bale gardening is raised, it's easy to work with, so make sure you allow for handy access.
    Wheat or oat straw is best as it's the stalks left from harvesting grain with very few seed left. Hay bales are less popular as they are made of whole plants with mucho seeds and often other weeds in. Use what you can get locally it may even be lucerne or pea straw bales.
    Put the bales in the exact place, because it's too hard to even nudge these monsters once you've got your little straw bale garden factory in full swing.
    You'll get one good season out of a bale and usually two, albeit with a bit of sag. It makes for great compost or mulch when finished with.
    Lay them lengthwise to make planting easy by just parting the straw. Make sure the string is running around each bale and not on the side touching the ground in case it's degradable twine.
    Keep the twine there to hold it all in place and if it does rot, bang some stakes in at both ends, or chock up the ends with something heavyish, like rocks, bricks, boxes or plant containers.
    Starting off with slightly aged bales of about 6 months is best, but if they're new, thoroughly soak with water and leave for 5 or so days whilst the temperature rises and cooks the inside, then they will cool and be ready for planting. They won't be composting much inside yet, that takes months, but you don't want that initial hot cooking of your plants.
    Some sneaky people speed up the process of producing microbes and rot by following a 10-day pre-treatment regime of water and ammonium nitrate on the top of each bale. But, hey, organic gardeners are a patient lot aren't we, so let's follow nature?
    Keep watered. That's going to be your biggest task. Straw bale gardening uses more water than a normal garden, so set up a system now. It may be that swilling out the teapot on it each day is enough in your area, or you may need to keep the hose handy.
    plants to plant
    Annuals of vegetables, herbs or flowers will love it. Remember your bales will be history in 1-2 years. Young plants can go straight in. Pull apart or use a trowel and depending on the state of the straw, put a handful of compost soil in too, then let the straw go back into place.
    Seeds can be planted on top if you put a layer of compost soil there first.
    Top heavies like corn and okra, are not so good, unless you grow dwarf varieties. With straw bale gardening it's hard to put solid stakes in so big tomato plants are out, although they will happily dangle over the edge.
    Each bale should take up to half a dozen cucumbers, trailing down. Squash, zucchini, melons  maybe 3 plants, or a couple of tomato plants per bale with one or two herbs and leafy veggies in between. Four pepper plants will fit or 12-15 bean or pea plants.
    There's no limit and why not poke in around the side a plant or two of some flowering annual for colour and companion if you like.
    Once every 1-2 weeks water in a liquid organic feed, such as compost tea or fish emulsion. Tip some worms on top if you want to use your bales only one season.
    It's simple to pull out any wayward grain seeds with straw bale gardening, but with hay bales you may need to occasionally give them a haircut rather than try and pull the tenacious new sprouts out.
    PREPARE THE BALES
    YouÂll have to prepare the bales to make sure theyÂre past the initial heat of decomposing. With the proper fertilizers and water your straw bale should warm up to a temperature of about 100 degrees. As in many gardening techniques, there are proponents of several different methods. You can prepare your bales by just keeping them wet for three to four weeks prior to planting. If you prefer a more proactive approach, hereÂs one widely recommended method.
    Days 1-3: Water the bales thoroughly and keep them damp.
    Days 4-6: Sprinkle each bale with a 1/2 cup of a high nitrogen fertilizer like ammonium nitrate (34-0-0) or ammonium sulfate per day, and water it well into the bales. If youÂd like you can substitute blood meal for the nitrate.
    Days 7-9: Cut back to 1/4 cup of fertilizer per bale per day, and continue to water it in well.
    Day 10: No more fertilizer, but continue to keep the bales damp.
    Day 11: Stick your hand into the bale. If it has cooled down to less than your body heat, you may safely begin planting as soon as all danger of frost has passed.

• faintheart
    14 years ago

Hi all!

Glad the blocks arrived, Dan! I have heard of straw bale gardening but never tried it myself. If you decide to do it, you will have to keep us updated on how it goes. I wonder if the bales would be a paradise for lil furry critters?

Beth, hope your package finds it's way to Dan's. I know it can be so frustrating but will keep my fingers crossed. Not long ago it took 14 days for a letter from my office to arrive at a client's just 8 miles away!

Ok, I best get busy. I'm going to make Danish fruit pastry as family is coming by later today.

hugsss,
    Dee

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Beth, I got your message, and yes, like my roommate said, the post office will be open on Monday...(sigh!) I do have one question for you though. With the trouble you're having with your new sub-carrier, will you be taking your package to the post office on Monday? I also had another thought, when you can, talk to someone in charge at your local office and ask them to look in the vehicle your sub uses to deliver the mail. I'm wondering if your package hasn't slid beneath his/her seats and is still lurking there, waiting to be noticed. With the troubles you are having with this person, I'd be sure to point out what's been going on with your mail to someone in charge. There is absolutely no excuse for the kind of service you are receiving. If you do not get any satisfaction at your local office, continue to go up the chain of command until you do. Recently there was a customer in my office (thankfully not one of my customers!) who first called our office because of a missing package, and wound up calling senators, congressmen, and even the office of the postmaster general. And let me tell you, she had her package in her hands that afternoon because there were a lot of supervisors who like their jobs, and they searched until it was found. Once you've sent your 2nd package out, please let me know how you sent it, and in what kind of package, so I can alert my mail carrier and the two of us can be looking for it.

So, here's where we stand at the moment everyone...
    beth_b_kodiak (Beth) re-sending
    robin1962-2008 (Robin) received

Now, there were seeds sent in, so what I'm going to do is list them here for you all to choose from. If you see any you'd like, please list 3 choices. Later in the week, I will use your lists to decide who gets what, with everyone getting at least one packet of seeds. So, here's the list...
    Sunflower, Mammoth Greystripe
    Zinnia, Giants of California
    Hibiscus, Giant Red
    Feverfew
    Sunflower Mix
    Aster, Yellow
    Nepeta cataria
    Purple Hyacinth Bean
    Pardadancancia norissii (??)
    Hot Biscuits Amaranthe
    Hollyhock Mix
    Silene Schafta
    Verbaseum phoenisuem Rosetta
    Joe Pye Weed
    Butterfly Ginger
    Rose of Sharon (white w/ rose center)
    Agastache Blue Licorice
    Hibiscus syracus "purple"
    Yellow Hibiscus

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

Peace.
    -Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jeanne, I got your e-mail. I can totally relate!

Peace.
    -Dan

p.s. Oh, some of you may notice by the time stamp on this and some other postings, I'm not at the library. I've got my computer back on it's legs again, although it's walking with two leg casts and on crutches. At least I can communicate from home again, right! I'm now saving up for a new tower, and crossing my fingers each time I try to use this silly thing.

Peace

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

Sorry for causing a delay in the swap here. I have a new package ready to go and will deliver it to the PO in time to go out with today's mail.
    Meanwhile, I'm still hopeing that the original shows up.
    Thanks for your patience.
    BB

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

YEAH Hooooo!!!
    Dan just called and said that the package has arrived on his desk.
    That is a wonderful way to start the week.
    Thanks again for the call.
    Beth b

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

"throwing confetti"..YAY Beth!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

YAY! Good news, especially for a Monday! :D

But..that being said....I'm wondering....does that package have a postmark from Tahiti?? It had better, with the amount of time it took! LOL!!

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Actually Melissa, it says "Timbuktu"...
    The funny thing is that I'd just mentioned to a friend this morning that, with Beth sending out a new package today, the first one would probably arrive today or tomorrow... which would be a definite "Murphy's Law" moment! My mail carrier called me from the office to let me know I'd gotten a soft manila envelope today and wanted to know if it was the one we've been looking for. When she told me it was from Beth I told her that it was the ONE, and I went down the hill and got it. How cool is it that she did that and I was able to call Beth before she sent out that 2nd package?
    And now, with my errands of the day all done, I get to go through all those beautiful quilt blocks and get them on their merry way! If they don't make it into the mail today, then I'll take them with me when I go to work in the morning.

Have a great Monday Everyone!

Peace.
    -Dan

p.s. And, since no one has spoken up for those seeds, I'm going to go ahead and plant them out at my folks' place. I know Mom and Dad will enjoy them. And Linda, Mom packed that brooch you made for her and took it out to Minnesota with her. They're visiting my sister for a couple of weeks, and Mom said she wanted to wear it when they went out.

And now, on to the quilt blocks!

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

WOW! That's awesome Dan! I'm sooo happy that she likes it!

(and I'll take the hollyhock mix if that's okay)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, all the packages are sealed, and I'll be mailing them out tomorrow.

But wait, there's more... When I was finished sealing up all the packages, I found 3 extra quilt blocks. When you get your package, count how many blocks you received back. If you did not get the same amount of blocks you sent in (1 extra for Jeanne and Dee) then please let me know. I will put these blocks in the mail to you, and we can all live happily ever after.

And, having said that, it's on to watch The Big Bang Theory. That show cracks me up!

G'nite!
    -Dan

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

YAY quilt blocks on the way!!

a little off topic but the quilting round robin is finnished and everyone has posted a pick of what they got back in the mail, it was so much fun and I learned a lot. most of all I love the quilt I got back from my new friends. this is the one where we sent out a quilt block as the center and each player added a border.

can't wait to get my blocks
    thanks dan
    michelle

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

"chanting" quilt blocks! quilt blocks!!!

I have my applique picked out for my next block. I think this will be a fun one too. This is going to make quite an awesome quilt when it's all done!

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Yay for blocks!!
    I like it when the mailman brings FUN stuff instead of the usual bills-I-can't-pay! LOL!

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

Waiting waiting Waiting
    but I'm not holding my breath. Sure hope they take a more direct hout heading west than then did heading East.
    As soon as they arrive, I want to get them laid out and see what sashing I can use to tie it all together.
    Thanks Dan, you are a trooper. And thanks to all who have participated.
    Beth

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

While waiting, I dug out the blocks that I have from the first swap and the extras that I have made.
    It looks like when the new ones get here I'll have enough to do a full size top.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/bethb4/January%202007/quiltblocksfromGWswaps001.jpg
    I has planned on brown or green sashing but now, seeing how this looks.... I'm leaning to green. Maybe a light batik with several shades of green. What do you think????

well, rats I can't get the picture to open.
    beth

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

I think the green would be nice, Beth. Or a batik with green & brown- kind of a mossy look. There are even some really neat batiks with greens & grays that, when used in between the blocks, reminds me of a rocky garden path.

I am thinking of doing mine in black to make all the different fabrics really pop out. I've never used black before, and usually don't like it, but I've seen several quilts lately that have been scrappy with black borders/sashing and it really makes everything look dramatic.

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I"m thinking along the lines of green too!

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

AHA!!!!

Persistence pays.
    Bunny I love your idea and will be looking for some green/grey batik.
    Sat we are going to a quilt show. I just love them though they tend to make me feel incompetent/ LOL
    Bunny, your time is getting really short here. How many more days are you guessing?????
    hugs Beth

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

I second your feelings of incompetence, Beth! LOL
    Especially since I don't have a machine capable of quilting large items, and I don't have the patience to do it by hand! So I usually tie all of my quilts...which is OK...until you see some of the work that others have done on their quilts...BY HAND!!!!...and then you think, "well..phooey. I feel like a preschooler!!" LOL
    Oh well. :)
    (and I love that daff fabric in the center block, BTW! So pretty!!)

I'll tell you what...the days are literally DRAGGING by. Why do the first 8 months go so quickly, but the last one lasts forever?? UGH.
    The magic day is officially the 25th, but knowing me, I'll go into May. I am ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS late (usually by 2 weeks or more!!), and those that know me know that I like to have things done YESTERDAY, thank you very much, so being late REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY bugs me.

But other than that, things are going well.
    LOL!

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Melissa, did you do something to get the Easter Bunny made at you or something? Yesterday my mail carrier told me I'd received a package in the mail, so I rushed home, hoping it was my new coneflowers from whitehill nurseries. NOPE! It was your quilt blocks, which I'd sent out the day before! Lo and behold, your package was the one package I forgot to change the address one, which meant I sent it out to myself! Hmmmph!!! So, the absolute first thing I did when I got home was to make a new label, with YOUR address on it, NOT MINE, and got it back into the mailstream this morning. If it comes back to me, I'm gonna hop on a plane and deliver it personally, putting it directly into your hands, whether you're in labor or not! LOL!

and the saga of Melissa and her quilt blocks continues...

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

Hey! Hey! Hey!
    I got blocks
    Ho ho ho
    The mail lady brought the blocks.
    I'll wait until more of you have gotten them to post more but I'm tickled and excited!!!!!
    Fantastic work and color choices

• faintheart
    14 years ago

I got blcoks tooooooooo! *happy dancin'* I came home from work and daughter says "why did you send a package to yourself?" LOL They are so cool! I will post a pic later but I need to find the kitchen right now. Will be an early night for me as I have to be on the road at 4:30 am to take a vet to the hospital for a surgery.

Dee

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

"looking in mailbox"...heeellloooooo...nope, nothing there!

• gmom2-6boys
    14 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I got my blocks yesterday but I wasn't on the computer to post. These blocks are so nice. I'm thinking of puting them together with a black borders. Thanks to all.

Beth, your blocks look so cool spread out like that. I haven't done that yet to really look at what I have.

You should have seen my first attempt of tying my quilt for my room. It was done on a frame and all rippled and not smooth. So I took it all out to start over but have not done it yet. I love Quilt shows and feel like a failure because my attempt at quilting doesn't come out like what I see. I've only been at this about 3-4 years so I have a lot to learn. When I moved here I was a seamstress and figured I knew everything. BOY! Was I wrong.

Melissa, that round robin sounds like fun, when does it start up again?

Thank You everyone I love the blocks.
    gmom

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Oh, well. That explains why everyone ELSE is receiving blocks and I haven't. And here I thought you were playing favorites or something! :P
    No worries. I'll just wait patiently until they get here.
    *chewing fingernails*

Um....would someone define patient, please??

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Oh my, Melissa. I had to laugh a little when I saw that your blocks went back to Dan. Hopefully they are on the right path now. Mine have not arrived yet either --- maybe today!
    Beth, thanks for posting the pictures. That is so pretty! The colors all work so well together.
    We finally got some rain last night so I need to check on my plants. Hope not too many in containers tipped over in the storm. I think our normal rain days may be over until Fall. Everything we get now will likely be thunderstorms. We had a tornado watch yesterday, too.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

I DID receive my blocks today and thanks so much! They are lovely. I got the split rail fence block made by Dan (for winning the contest.) I love the colors in it! Also, an appliqued block which I think must be from Michelle and that is so pretty, too, and 9 Patch Tulip with a lavender flower made by Beth. Beth, I will need to try making that block. It looks like fun.
    Love them all! Thanks for being our host, Dan.
    Jeanne

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cool! I'm glad to see y'all are starting to get your quilt blocks! There's quite the mixture, isn't there?

Don't forget to count the number of blocks you received, and make sure you received the same number you sent in, okay? I've still got these 3 extra here, so I know there was a mix-up somewhere along the way. If you are short on your blocks, please post here so I can get them to you.

***dosing Melissa's fingers with pepper*** Mel, don't you know chewing your nails is a bad habit? Now, stop that!!!

Hugs, Hair-Mussings, and Purrs to You All!

Peace.
    -Dan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I have my blocks and there's 12,,and what beautiful blocks they are! I keep looking at them and saying "hmmm...I could do that..oh maybe not!"..LOL!!

• gmom2-6boys
    14 years ago

Hi Dan,

I got 9 blocks: 1 from Robin, 1 from Penni, 1 from Dee, 1 from Linda, 1 from Melissa, 2 from you and 2 from Beth. if you have an extra one from Jeanne, Melinda, or Michelle you can send me one more but otherwise don't spend the money. I sent in 10 total.
    gmom

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

Jeanne, I sent you a copy of the instructions for the tulip blocks.
    BB

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

gmom,
    the blocks are by Jeanne, Penni, and Dee, so I'll send you the one made by Jeanne. can you send me your address again though? I've got it in a file on my pc, but with it acting so strange lately it won't allow me to access the file. this thing is definitely either getting replaced or going in for surgery! grrrrr! but, if you'll e-mail me your address, I'll be able to open the e-mail.

now, is there anyone who hasn't received their blocks yet? melissa?

everyone have a good day!

peace.
    -dan

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

***doing a happy dance***

gmom! I've got your block all sealed up and ready to go into the mail tomorrow! after asking you to e-mail me your addie, I took a chance on the computer and tried accessing that file of gw addresses. well, that didn't work, but then I thought of how aol is kinda, half-working for me, so I checked in my saved e-mails and there was one with your address in it! I usually delete those once I've input the address into the gw file, but thankfully I forgot to do so this time! lol! so, the envie is all addressed, and I'll be mailing it out tomorrow.
    I'm glad you spoke up because not knowing who these extras were supposed to go to was making me feel bad. I tried to not short anyone with what I thought was a fool-proof system, but it looks like my "system" fooled me! ah well, live and learn, right?

so, in the paraphrased words of the Monkees, your 10th quilt block is now saying "here I come!"

-dan

• beth_b_kodiak
    14 years ago

Here is one of my favorites from the Quilt Show.
    It's achallenge quilt.
    Challenge: Create a quilt representing the color of a food.
    This is Blueberries.
    There were so many beautiful Quilts I could not decide which ones to vote for. But I liked this one for the colors and creativity.

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Beth, that's a great-looking quilt! And, thanks to being in these swaps with all of you, I can tell how it was done and appreciate it even more, knowing the work that went into it. You must've had a fun time at that show.

-Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Boy, I had a good mailbox day today. LOL I got my blocks, a new seed & plant catalog and the latest Ladies Home Journal. Woo-Hoo! :D

The poor envie that contained my blocks....wowie.
    It has 8 postmarks (8!!), 3 rips, and was so limp that it literally oozed out of the mailbox. LOL
    BUT the blocks are great, and I can't wait to put them with the others & see what I can come up with this weekend!

Thanks for hosting, Dan! And thanks to everyone for making such great blocks! :O)

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Kids! Here's a list of people we haven't heard from yet. Hopefully they've got their quilt blocks by now, but it would be good to make sure.
    micrey (Michelle)
    pennijanine (Penni)
    robin1962-2008 (Robin)
    ilovfarac (Melinda)
    Melissa, I'm glad your blocks got to you in good condition, although it sounds like you'll be retiring that envelope! LOL! It was oozing, eh? I had to chuckle at that description, very picturesque!

Peace.
    -Dan

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Dan,I`m still staying at my Mother`s(no internet).I ran home just for a few minutes to let you know I still don`t have my blocks.My daughter and son in law are here at home and have been watching the mail for me.It may be a couple of days before I can get back on the computer but I`ll check back in asap or if they arrive I`ll make sure to let you know. Thanks,Robin

• pennijanine
    14 years ago

I recieved mine. Thanks everyone... I hope you all liked the ones that I made. Penni

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

MY BEAUTIFUL BLOCKS ARE HERE !!! Robin

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks for posting you two! it's good to know your blocks arrived! we'll give melinda and michelle another week to post, and then we'll call this swap closed. michelle may not post because she's posted on another thread that she's a bit overwhelmed with things to do at the moment. everyone have a good weekend!

peace.
    -dan

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's been a week since anyone has posted here, so let's call this swap officially over. THANK YOU to everyone who participated and made this the great swap that it was!

***banging gavel***
    THIS SWAP IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

peace.
    -dan