Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

UPDATE: Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap - Follow-Up

highalttransplant
13 years ago

Hello Swap Participants!

All packages that were received on time have been mailed back out. Unfortunately, when I returned from the post office, I had an envelope waiting for me, from someone I thought had dropped out. I will take care of them though, no worries : )

Just a reminder. By the time I was finished, I filled close to 100 packets of seeds from Smokemaster's generous donation. This swap would not have been as successful without him. If you receive something in your packet from him, please consider sending him a thank you message.

Be sure to post when your package arrives, just so that I know it arrived safely.

The following packages were mailed Monday, March 14:

Farmergirl2009/Ellie

Gjcore/Greg

Dirtdaddy/David

Sandysgardens

Cheveboy

Romy6

Carsons_mimi/Lynn

The following packages were mailed Tuesday, March 15:

Austinnhanasmom/Deb

Sorellina/Julianna (from Canada)

Patti1957/Patti

Sassybutterfly_2008/Wendy

Randar08/Randy

Gardenunusual/Tanya

Lisam627 ohio z6/Lisa

Midwestchilehead/John

Naturegirl236/Jill

Booberry85/Becky

Ianb co/Ian

Tinley244/Bill

If you used a delivery confirmation on the way to me, I used one on the return trip ... but I forgot to write the names on my part of the receipt, so not sure who they belong to.

Thank you for your participation!!!

Bonnie

Comments (25)

• dirtdaddy
    13 years ago

SEEDS! Arrived this afternoon!
    Thanks Smokemaster!
    Thanks Bonnie! dd

• carsons_mimi
    13 years ago

I received mine as well today. I ran errands all day long and only stopped at my home to drop off things before heading out again. When I grabbed the mail and saw the package was here, I had to immediately race for the scissors and dump the contents (rather unceremoniously) on my kitchen island to dive in and admire each and every package. My next stop was to be an urgent grocery run (since even a mouse would starve in my house right now) but that simply had to wait while I played my way through the seeds. I mean...really...priorities after all.

There are several I need to research and look forward to reading all about them. Thank you sooooo much to Bonnie for hosting. I know you put a huge amount of time into making everyone's pepper dreams come true. Thank you to Smokemaster for generous sharing with we 'budding pepperheads'. Thank you to each and every one who contributed to the swap. This one never fails to render me like a child at Christmas.

Thanks again!
    Lynn

• gjcore
    13 years ago

Seed have arrived. Thanks go out to everyone who participated and especially to Bonnie.

• ianb_co
    13 years ago

Seeds arrived last night - GREAT job Bonnie! Your going out of your way to BUY some rocotillo seeds is far above and beyond the call of duty - thank you!

Ian

• ianb_co
    13 years ago

And, of course, thanks to everyone else who participated - I'm so excited over my new treasures!

Ian

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

My seeds arrived on Wednesday too!! Thanks Bonnie for a job well done and to everyone who sent seeds in!!

Now to decide which ones I'm going to sow first.

Thanks again everyone.
    Sandy

• austinnhanasmom
    13 years ago

OMG - I LOVE LOVE LOVE when I open an envie of pepper seeds/pods and the aroma makes me cough!! Looking forward to growing these hot babies!!

CYBER THANKS and ((HUGS))) to Bonnie and Smokemaster and ALL who contributed/participated!!

Great job once again Bonnie!!

Happy Gardening!

• booberry85
    13 years ago

Received my seeds today too! I opened the envie and sneezed! Must mean spring is here. I love my seeds! Thank you so much for going out of your way to get some seeds on my wish list. You did a great job, Bonnie.

Smokemaster, thanks so much for your generosity and contributing to the swap!

• gardenunusual2
    13 years ago

Oh my word, I think Smokemaster and Bonnie have burned the words right out of my mouth.

These pepper seeds are freakin' awesome. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

I can't wait to get these started, so many neat ones I've never even heard of before.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I'm glad to see the packages are arriving so quickly, and that everyone seems pleased with what they have received!

Deb, I hear ya' on that coughing from the fumes, LOL! I did a lot of that these past couple of weeks. I also made the mistake of touching my face while dividing up some of Smoke's stuff, and it burned for several hours!

The forecast here said "little or no accumulation," currently, we have at least an 1" of snow, and it's still coming down hard, so I guess "little" is a relative term : )

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

We ended up with 8" - 10" of snow last night. I'd say that forecast was slightly off!!!

Here's a look across the field behind my house this morning:

Thank goodness we live where they have plenty of snowplows. The schools started right on time this morning. Of course, the kids were kind of upset that they didn't even get a snow day out of it!

Anyone else's package arrive?

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

ooh that first picture is SOOO pretty!! I guess I shouldn't brag that it was an unheard of 80 degrees here today! I've been "winter" sowing like crazy my tomatoes and peppers! :)

I rec'd my package yesterday, thank you so much for working so hard on this swap. I'm VERY happy with my selection! Thanks to all of you for sending in your peppers to share!!

~Wendy

• booberry85
    13 years ago

Oh Bonnie! BBBBLLLLLEEEEECCCHHHHHHHHHH! We've seen 170" + inches of snow this year! Ours is almost melted. I am ready for spring. Sorry you had such a rude awakening!

• thenewmidwestchilehead
    13 years ago

Nice snow, Bonnie. With Spring starting on Sunday, maybe it will be the last one for you. Our temps are not scheduled to drop below freezing for all of next week. Yeah! Finally.

My seeds arrived today and I was overwhelmed with the selection. I haven't heard of many of these seeds and will have to do some research on a few. Thank you all, and special thanks to you, Bonnie and to you Smokemaster. A great swap!

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

Received my package today and want to thank you ever so much. Will be staying up tonight to look each up since I will be starting peppers and tomatoes this weekend under the gro lights.

Ellie

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    13 years ago

Hi Bonnie! I received my package, and wow...am I ever glad I joined this swap! You sent me such a wonderful selection of peppers. I really appreciate all of your time in selecting seeds for me - you really did a great job. Thanks a million Bonnie and have a wonderful gardening season!

Lisa

• naturegirl236
    13 years ago

Received my package yesterday! I am thrilled with my new seeds; so many new varieties to research and plant. Thank you Bonnie for organizing the swap and for going above and beyond to purchase a few things on my 'wants' list. Another thank you to all who participated in the swap. I've already started sowing and am hoping to get a few more planted in the next few days. :)

-Jill

• patti1957
    13 years ago

I am out of town but DH says that the package arrived on Friday, can't wait to dig into it. Thank you Bonnie and Smokemaster.

Patti

• randar08
    13 years ago

My seeds have arrived! It is a great selection as I knew it would be. Thanks Bonnie and all who participated. Also a special thanks to Smokemaster for his generosity. Again thanks Bonnie for being such a great hostess that went above and beyond to make this swap a success.

Randy

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Still waiting to hear from a couple of people here in the states, and it may be a few days still, before our Canadian participant receives her package.

So glad everyone is happy with their selection! I'd love to hear from folks later this season, on the new things they grew from their swap packages. I wonder how many of us will discover some new favorites?

Bonnie

• cheveboy
    13 years ago

Received my seeds today, WOW what a selection. I can't wait to get started. Have to go to the garden store (Menards) tomorrow and get some supplies. Thanks to you Bonnie for all your hard work and fellow swappers for their participation. I will be back next year with hopefully a nice selection of seeds.

Thanks again Ken

• romy6
    13 years ago

Seeds arrived today and I am amazed at the awesome selection of peppers. You are a unbelievable host and person Bonnie.Thank you smokemaster for all the awesome seeds. Please never stop spreading the heat. . I am honored to be In this swap with such a great group of fellow gardners.Can't wait to start these new seeds. Thank you all . James

• nailah
    13 years ago

How can I get seeds from the Pick A Pepper?

Nailah

nailah_h@hotmail.com

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Nailah, this was a seed swap that has now concluded. I'll be doing it again next year. Hope you will join us.

Bonnie

• nailah
    13 years ago

Thanks for responding. I hope I can join next year also. If you check my page and there is anything you desire, let me know and I will send to you using my own postage. Thanks for the next year offer.