Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susandonb

new veggie herb group

susandonb
16 years ago

Hello Veggie Lovers,

This is the sign up and discussion thread for the new veggie herb group.

We will focus on vegetable and herb gardening, cooking, exchanges and maybe even a chat time.

Now to come up with a name, please post your suggestions then we will vote and pick a name. After we come up with a name I will start another thread under the new name and post rules. Please pass this on to folks on the veggie and herb forums. If you are a member of Garden Web for 1+year and are in good standing on exchanges please email me if you would like to help lead this group with me.

I am really excited about the new group.

Lets Go!

Comments (21)

• booberry85
    16 years ago

How about the Incredible Edibles Club?

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Salad Shooters!!
    LOL! :O)

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Wow, so far I love them both. Spread the word let's grow this group!

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Ok, the brain is still ticking, albeit, ever so slowly for a name for the group. How about:

Veggie Venturers
    Veggies & Spice & Everything Nice
    The Culinary Gardner

• booberry85
    16 years ago

I hope you don't mind, I posted about the new group on the vegetable & herb forums.

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Becky, I meant to do that but got sidetracked.

Spring is trying to settle in here in my part of NC and I have been out in the gardens, digging, dividing, moving and transplanting.

I love all of the names you came up with. I hope we get some more response otherwise we will start with all of us! Let's give it till next Saturday then we will vote on a name and list the new members.

Thanks,
    Susan

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

If the rules for this group allow you to choose when you want to play, I would be interested. I mostly stick to growing herbs. If I had an appropriate area, I sure would be tempted to grow vegetables... the prices are so high in the grocery stores. Last year I grew some peppers and tomatoes in pots on my deck.
    All the names that were suggested are cute, but I love the name Incredible Edibles! That gets my vote.

Jeanne

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I guess now would be a good time to mention a few of the rules of the group.

This group will be a year round but it will not be necessary to participate every single month. There will be a swap/exchange once a month and if you sign up you must follow through or notify the administrator of the group within one week of the mailing date. If you are a NO SEND, you will not be allowed to participate in any more swaps within this group.

Hopefully we will get enough regulars to share the responsibility of hosting a swap for one month.

I will add more as we go.

Susan

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Susan I love my herbs and veggies though right now I just have one lonely rosemary that I have been dragging around.
    I'm very interested but not sure.... If that makes sense?
    Beth B

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Beth,

Herbs was the first thing I ever grew, I love them too. I grew up in a stereo typical late 50's early 60's home, where we never had fresh veggies. My brother was asking me last year where I got "this farming thing I do?" we laughed at how surprised he is that I do this because as he put it, "when we were growing up we thought vegetables came in cans with Del Monte on them!" LOL

I shipped him some butternut squash last year. I think there is a part of him that thinks it is cool that I do all this gardening and another part of him that thinks I am crazy.

I hope you join our swaps occasionally, I think we will all come up with some fun themes.

Susan

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay...the names are all cute, but I will go with the majority ....
    The Incredible Edibles!!

Sounds like a new Disney movie!!! LOL :O)

• galium
    16 years ago

Susan-Wishing you good luck with your group
    Mariann

• happyseed
    16 years ago

I love "The Incredible Edibles". Sounds good to me. Sonja

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am liking the Incredible Edibles too. Let's see if we get more interest and we will start next week. Feel free to start posting swap ideas.

Mariann thank you for the wishes, are you going to join us? I hope so!

Susan

• galium
    16 years ago

Susan-I'm an early bird this morning. A crash of thunder nearly threw me out of bed. It's really pouring here.

I'd love to join your group. I won't be able to participate every month though. My very first garden was a veggie garden. Although these days I enjoy annual and perennial flowers. I do have a small veggie garden. Last year I grew 7 different heirloom tomatoes, melons, snow peas, peppers and green beans. A large portion of my garden are holding beds for perennials. Plus we don't have much sun. I usually put herbs in pots.

I have a suggestion for the first swap. How about a Tomato and Pepper seed swap? I'm going to be starting my tomatoes in a few weeks.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Mariann

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

I like The Incredible Edibles too.

I'm interested in joining. I have lots of heirloom tomatoes.

Barbi

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I know it will be easier for me to swap a bit later in the year. Things are just starting to grow now and I have pretty good luck rooting cuttings of herbs later in the year. I have lots of varieties of tomato seeds, but they are from trades and I have maybe 3-5 seeds of each variety. I have more pepper seeds but fewer varieties. Swiss chard and lettuce seeds have all been planted.
    Anyway, didn't want you to think I am being anti-social if I don't join right in on the swaps. I am glad to see the group start up and I'm sure there will be some fun swaps ahead.

Jeanne

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I would really love to join too. I'm not sure I'll be able to join every month, but I'll try to participate as often as possible. I have a huge garden and grow tons of herbs, my favorites.. opal basil, different varieties of parsley, chives. I also grow heirloom tomatoes, and LOTS of different lettuces, peppers, zucchini, watermelon, garlic.

Deb

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WOW! What a great response! I am so excited and greatful to all who have jumped in with me. Ok, llooks like the majority speaks, so the name of our group will be The Incredible Edibles! TaaaDaaa!

I will start a new thread for the group with name, rules and guidelines.

Thanks everyone.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW THREAD.

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

I know I am now late but just saw the notice for the thread. Hope you check back and I can join. Linda

• susandonb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Linda this thread is closed. You are not too late, come to the new thread and sign up.

Incredible Edibles Veggie Herb Group.