Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

NEW: Our Bloomin Friends - April Showers Bring May Flowers

earthlydelights
15 years ago

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0ocolor>

Our Bloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a

reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members.

If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and have had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja/carol or shirley/brittneysgran.color>

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0ocolor>
APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS

Spring is definitely in the air, a time of renewal; plant new beginnings; relax and enjoy the show Mother Nature has in store. The price of admission to SpringÂs spectacular show is of course a shower or two, or three, or four. To that, our swap this month will fit into the *~*SPRING*~* category.
Seeds - to be planted in spring to be appreciated in fall

Plants - flowering, vegetable, bulbs, or a combination of them all. An extra "twist" would be any plant that represents water - rain lily, lily of the nile, pitcher plant - or pond plants. AprilÂs flower is the daisy and May is Lily of the Valley. (you get the idea)

- something to represent water ~~ a sprinkler, gauge, watering can,

hose nozzle, bottle spritzer

Imagination - A little something that makes you smile, laugh or just feel happy for no reason at all. A garden flag; garden sign; ornament or book. Perhaps something fun like a game; jigsaw puzzle; book or playing cards for those rainy days that just canÂt be avoided in April - the possibilities in this category are endless

Nice springtime treat. Treat does not always have to mean junk food or chocolate. It could be jam, jellies, syrups, waffle mix, or perhaps something representative of your geographical area that your partner wouldnÂt normally have access to unless they were a tourist to your state.

Green - Anything goes in this category, which really says "plants"
The Bunny is going to hop on in and co-host this month with me. FebruaryÂs weather was non-to-kind to her and her focus was better off elsewhere. Now that sheÂs back in full swing, we are going to work together to make this yet another fun month for all our OBF gal pals. In addition to the swap, we will run some games throughout the month. Whether you swap this month or not, everyone is always welcome to participate in the games!

We hope you can join us. Please sign up by April 5th. Partners will be matched by April 6th and all boxes should reach your partner by the latest, April 25th.

We are looking forward to your participation, either by way of swapping, or just stopping by to say hello and participate in the games.

Comments (110)

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Guesses-
    #1 tin man and buckboard
    #2 columbines
    Melinda

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Jeez, Melissa! If that happened to me, I probably would NEVER go back to the dentist! Maybe you need a new dentist??)

Earthly, yeah, that sounds about right. You could put all I know about computers on the top of a pinhead . . . maybe the point of a pinhead. Disregard anything I ever say about them, LOL.

I was sure Treasa had it with tricycle. This is tough:

1. Tin man and skateboard
    2. Columbines

Dottie

• veeja11
    15 years ago

1. buckboard and tin man
    2 columbine do I got it yet ? how are the octoplets doing miss bunny. it's snowing like mad here not sticking to the ground tho hugs ready to play for april carol

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Carol~ We found out that they're all identical. All boys.

Melinda, Dottie & Carol have 2 answers correct now!color>
    Still looking for the second correct answer for #1. :O)

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

lol
    it must be

1. tricycle and tinman
    2. columbines

have a great day everyone.

• mellen
    15 years ago

Okay, Melissa, is it-

1.tinman and train
    2. columbines

Melissa, would love to see pics of the octopus.

Carol, I suppose you have 21 feet of snow by now?

The ocean in my front yard looks so peaceful today. My cats went for a swim after boogieboarding.

Maryanne, I will join this month.
    Mary Ellen

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

YAY!size>color>

We have a winner!

Congratulations, Mary Ellen!size>color>

My grandma does indeed have a TRAIN (an old one from a miniature train set, it has a bench seat for kids to sit in & ride) and a TIN MAN (he's about 4 foot tall, and has a hole on top of his head....this gets filled with seasonal decor- last July 4th, it he had flags standing in his head..LOL).

As for the columbines....I have no idea how they got into my flower bed....unless the girls scattered seeds there. Which they probably did, that's how I got poppies last year. LOL But the darn things are taking over now. That's OK, though...at least they're pretty. :O)

Mary Ellen~ I'll be getting your prize out to you ASAP.

Thanks for playing, everyone!
    There'll be another game posted next week.

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Congrats, Mary Ellen!!!
    That was a toughie! Good job Melissa!

• mellen
    15 years ago

Ladies, I feel really, REALLY guilty for winning this game. I just read through the comments and deduced what the answers had to be. I feel really weird winning this. So why did I guess? Umm...I don't knowww...as the kids say.

The wind has been blowing like a son of a gun the past 3 days. Almost unbearable. Too much to be outside to even try to do anything. Besides, it is a cold wind. Spring, where are you??? I see some daff leaves coming up and tulip leaves, too, but that is the extent of it. Sounds like more snow/rain tomorrow.

Marie, I think of you now and then during the day. You're such a nice lady that I just want things to get easier for you.

Some of you and dentists--I just don't know. When I was growing up, the dentist we went to did not use anything--novocaine, gas, etc. For years after that I would not go to a dentist. We finally found a pain-free dentist about 25 years ago. Give me the shot and the gas and I'm good to go. Don't stress about it anymore.

Frances, praying that "stuff" quits happening to you and life gets back to whatever normal is.

Carol, are you better yet, my friend? The kids at school have been coughing and sneezing all over me. I still love 'em though. Woke up with a sore throat this morning but it's gone now. I just CAN'T miss anymore school!

Sue, I'm sorry to hear about your wall. At least noone was hurt.

Remy, I planted all of the tomato seeds that you sent me in the seed swap a couple of months ago. Each variety has some coming up. Yahoo!!! I hope I can keep them healthy enough to get them outside. Hubs is thinking of putting some of them in the bottom of 5 gal. buckets and hang them. Grow them upside down. Tried it last year, but the place he had them hanging from was not stable so the bucket kept falling. So, no tomatos.

Well, I have decided that I am going to retire from teaching in 1 year. In other words, I will teach 1 more year and be done. The school board offered a retirement package that was hard to refuse. There will be about 5 other teachers retiring the year after I do. I will be a rather young retiree--56 by then--but that is fine. I absolutely love what I do, but I don't want to do it til I'm 65 or whatever. I will probably find some kind of part time work and/or sub. teach.

That's it from here,
    Mary Ellen

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Congratulations Mary Ellen...WAY TO GO.. How nice to be able to retire in another year. I guess since I do not have retirement where I work I will have to work forever. I messed up staying as long as I did with the job I now have.

Melissa-I figured out the train when you mentioned we were on the right track...great hint, fun game.

Maryanne-You sound like DH pulling your own teeth. I beg for the novacaine when I go to the dentist, I'm the biggest chicken ever.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mary ellen, tsk, tsk...you should feel guilty - these ladies were working so hard and you came in and kicked them out!!!!! melissa, send her a prize from the broken prize box LOL (ME - you know i'm just playing with ya, right?) congrats on the retirement plans.

UPDATE
    Alwaysagarden - PASS
    Amybabyboy - PLAYING
    Brittneysgran - PLAYING
    Debbya - PLAYING
    Diggindirt49
    Dieg01991 - PLAYING
    Dirtundermynails
    Drgulley
    Earthly Delight - PLAYING
    Fcoffill - PASS
    Hazelnutbunny - PLAYING
    Luckyladyd - PLAYING
    Ilovefarac - PLAYING
    lil green thumb
    LLbean
    Margaret 2007
    Mellen
    Missg - PLAYING
    Momcat
    Remy - PLAYING
    Sandlapper Rose
    Squanzon - PLAYING
    Theresa24 - PLAYING
    Uptreasa - PLAYING
    Veeja11 - PLAYING
    Wynative - PASS

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I posted this over on the MNF forum, but it's just so darn humorous that I have to share it with ya'll, too.
    True story, I didn't make any of this up. (I wish I had, though!)

We did have an exciting April Fool's day here, though.
    Ya'll know we're cleaning up from that darn ice storm we had back in January. (UGH!) It's amazing the sheer number of branches and twigs that are still on the ground. And when you've got 2 acres to clean.....OY.....
    ANYWAY. When the limbs & trees snapped from the 3" of ice on them, they were so heavy that when they hit the ground, many branches got pushed into the ground several inches ( I was pulling some out yesterday that were as deep as 12"!)

So basically, what you have is a yard full of booby traps. Nice little spikes sticking up out of the ground anywhere from 4" tall to a few FEET tall. And the little ones are HARD to see.

So what happened is Adora was walking outside BAREFOOT (which I did NOT know!) and she happened to step on one of the 4" high ones. A nice, jagged one. Luckily, it only took a big chunk off the side of her foot, and didn't go through.

THEN, as I was loading the back of the truck up with branches (that poor, poor truck...it looks like it's been through a war after all this!) a big limb knocked me upside the head (like I needed that, I'm nuts ENOUGH as it is!). So I've got a 1.5" long cut & knot on my forehead. But if it was an inch lower, I'd have a black eye...so THAT'S good.

AND THEN!!!! Hubby was up on our hill, doing cleaning up there, and he walks into the house a bit later, and says.."I'VE BEEN STABBED". I'm thinking...."ha ha, april fools...ha. ha."
    He's like..."No, REALLY, honey....I've been stabbed!"
    And he pulls up his shirt, and SURE ENOUGH....right in the gut!
    OY OY OY.
    Seems one of those broken off staubs got him as he was coming down off the hill. He jumped the last few feet of a ledge, and came down on the staub. UGH!

Yes, so our day was ever-so exciting.
    I'm glad it's over.

I'm not doing yard work for at least another week.
    :P

• mellen
    15 years ago

Maryanne, My dear and wonderful "friend!" I will have to remember you on your birthday with a broken gift. HA! Of course, I know you are kidding. :)))

Melissa, Sounds like the stick monsters were out to get you yesterday. I thought maybe you were going to say that you pulled on one, and it turned out to be a snake.

I am IN for this month, Maryanne.
    ME

• uptreasa
    15 years ago

Last night, my dh came down in the basement where I was tending to my little seedlings. He was, oh so serious. Said he saw three mice in our bedroom. Fat ones. Three of them. I was so bewildered. How could he have seen three fat mice? I haven't seen a single one anywhere. Then, he said, "And, one of them has three eyes". Then he said, "Got ya!". I was relieved, cuz I have "places" that would have made excellent breeding grounds.

Hey, Mellen, lucky for you that I was at work, and wasn't home to put in one last guess. ; ) LOL Treasa

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Sorry to be so long in deciding, but I think I will sit out this month. Things have been really busy here and I just need to get caught up on all the stuff that I have not found time to do here at home.
    Speaking of April Showers - yes, we have them here since April began, yesterday and today. LOL
    Have fun!
    Jeanne

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OUCH melissa... all of that sounds horrible. i have been dumb enough to lean over to pull a weed and get a stake in the eye. believe me, it's not fun. i am forever doing damage to my eyes.

treasa - mice...not one of my favorit things. before i purchased my house, we were living in a rental unit that was infested. it's how my son contracted lyme disease. maybe i should make a contest and have you all guess how many i trapped in just one day. or the time i was taking everything out of the pantry to put into containers and i could hear that scratching sound and i pulled out a box of rice and one ran up my arm, across my chest and down the other side until i threw it hard and far across the kitchen. we moved real quick from that place. other than clothes and some kitchen items, we never unboxed our life while we waited for the house.

hmmm, no april fool's joke shere - thank goodness.

maryellen, i re-did the list to add you and forgot you. so sorry.

i am hoping to get my car back tomorrow. three things got changed in it and the last was something to do with the computer. thank goodness, because this bus riding and relying on people to get me where i need to go, and believe me, the only place i've really gone is to work, has been rough. makes me really appreciate what i have.

here's our update. i'm going to come up with a game soon. it's all about the fun things i've talked about and then some. put your thinking caps on.

anyone watching dancing with the stars?

UPDATE - waiting to hear from those in bold.

Alwaysagarden - PASS
    Amybabyboy - PLAYING
    Brittneysgran - PLAYING
    Debbya - PLAYING
    Diggindirt49
    Dieg01991 - PLAYING
    Dirtundermynails
    Drgulley
    Fcoffill - PASS
    Hazelnutbunny - PLAYING
    Luckyladyd - PLAYING
    Ilovefarac - PLAYING
    lil green thumb
    Margaret 2007
    Mellen - PLAYING
    Missg - PLAYING
    Remy - PLAYING
    Sandlapper Rose - PASS
    Squanzon - PLAYING
    Theresa24 - PLAYING
    Uptreasa - PLAYING
    Veeja11 - PLAYING
    Wynative - PASS

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies-Maryanne, I will join this swap & sorry it took me this long to decide. Sounds like another great one.

Amy & Sue-Sorry for all the stress in your lives at this time. I know getting involved in these RR's sure help me with that & it is so much cheaper than other things we could do to cope!

Shirley-I really enjoyed the pictures of your place & the trees. They are just beautiful.

Theresa-I loved your pictures of your flowers & the mommy bird. What is the beautiful blue in the 1st picture? You are an expert with PB it seems. I am trying to learn more but haven't had much time to do that lately.

Marie- I loved the pictures & what a talented lady you must be with quilting & all. The horse pictures are outstanding.I do hope things clear up for you soon. Seems you have had lots of problems lately.

Bunny-I love your pictures of Lili. What a precious little one. I can't believe you are getting more ice. The game you had for us was great & caused lots of interest, too.

Welcome to all you new members. I know you will enjoy this group of lovely ladies who are so helpful.

To those who can't join this month-please keep posting here. I know we all enjoy hearing what is going on in your worlds.

It is cold, windy & rainy here with a chance of snow the next few days. Seems more like fall than spring. At least it makes me feel not quite so bad as I don't have my WS'ing done yet.

Looking forward to the names being posted & thanks Maryanne & Melissa for hosting. Blessings, Margaret

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Congrats MaryEllen and Bunny on the 8 boys. If I had to be beaten I am happy it was you. we were all copying each others guesses so enjoy your gift you deserve it big hugs carol. should have known that if there was trouble to get into Adora would be there, glad no one was seriously hurt. don't let Adora take lily out to the yard. just joking but she does seem to be a lil redhead. can't wait for my name I did a lil shopping today, still sick but wanted to get out of my germs. hugs carol

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Melissa,
    Oh my gosh! Your poor little girls foot, and then your head and then your poor hubby... geez what's next for you guys?

Sue,
    So sorry to hear about your beautiful vine.

I think Mellen should get something from the "broken prize box" too! Sneaky gal! he he. Just kidding Mellen.

Shirley,
    I'm with you in being one of those chickens! I hate going to the dentist.

Carol,
    Hope you are feeling better soon. Took me 2 months to get over my cold.

Getting my sutures out today. I know it's healing because feels itchy in my mouth. That sounds odd, but only way I can describe the feeling.
    Taking my Mom around town today. She has alot of shopping to do. She doesn't drive and my Dad gave up driving 4 years ago so they both really rely on my younger sister and I to get them around.
    I enjoy it though. My Mom is only 72 and never did learn to drive. All of us tried to teach her when she was much younger but it just always ended up scaring her. I can't imagine not driving myself, but we are all different.
    Later today I hope to get my tomatoes planted in w.s. containers. Also do some more soil amending and weeding.

Hope you all have a wonderful day,
    Cindy : )

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

UPDATE
    Alwaysagarden - PASS
    Amybabyboy - PLAYING
    Brittneysgran - PLAYING
    Debbya - PLAYING
    Diggindirt49
    Dieg01991 - PLAYING
    Dirtundermynails
    Drgulley
    Fcoffill - PASS
    Hazelnutbunny - PLAYING
    Luckyladyd - PLAYING
    Ilovefarac - PLAYING
    lil green thumb
    Margaret 2007 - PLAYING
    Mellen - PLAYING
    Missg - PLAYING
    Remy - PLAYING
    Sandlapper Rose - PASS
    Squanzon - PLAYING
    Theresa24 - PLAYING
    Uptreasa - PLAYING
    Veeja11 - PLAYING
    Wynative - PASS

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Oh Dear, Melissa! What a day.

Margaret, the blue flowers have a story to them. I was out in the garden walking around wondering what was blooming with such a heavenly scent. It wasn't until I looked up that I saw the Wisteria in the tree was in bloom. It is easily 30 feet tall!

Yes, I have been watching the birds again today and they are definitely chickadees. Funny thing is that the research I have done online does not show them existing here. Maybe just passing through but they say that they like a permanent residence. Hmmm....

Theresa

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Melissa-No wonder you guys are not doing yard work for another week, it will take that long for your wounds to heal. OUCH

Cindy-Glad to hear you are healing. When I have something getting better it always starts itching in the healing process.

Maryanne-I watch Dancing With The Stars. Who do you think will win this year?

I have a funny mouse story to tell. I was sitting at my desk one day and heard a scratching noise coming from my desk. I just knew a mouse was in my desk and was afraid to open the drawers in fear it would jump on me. I called Matt (a co-worker) and asked him if he was afraid of mice. He said no why, and I told him I thought one was in my desk. He came into my office and started opening each drawer to see if there was a mouse.

I was standing behind him in case he found it. Well he opened all the drawers and no mouse. I said I swear Matt I heard scratching noises. About that time he spied the wooden platform under my desk that a guy at work had made me to rest my feet on. He kicked it up and there was the mouse in a corner of that foot rest. I let out a scream that would wake the dead and Matt said I just about gave him a heart attack. Ernie my boss came running down the hall yelling what is it? When he found out it was just a mouse he said "Women". They ran that mouse all over the offices in and out, and up and down the hall with a broom. I was up in a chair at this point. They finally killed it with the broom. I'm not afraid of spiders but mice and snakes I don't like.

Shirley

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Geesh, it has been too long since I posted.
    I got home from the annual Easter season visit to the Broadway Market a little while ago. I know I've told you older members before, but the Broadway Market is a very old place in the now really bad section of Buffalo. At Easter though lots of people go, and it is nice. I took Hilde my friend from Norway so that worked out nice being she had never gone. She loved it.

Mellen,
    Congrats on the win!!
    It will be nice to be a young retiree!
    I'm happy to hear your tomatoes are coming up.

Melissa,
    Please don't go to the same dentist, lol. I'm sorry everyone in your family is stabbing themselves. I just cut myself on the new knives my MIL gave me. Gary warned me and I still cut myself, lol. So I'm here typing with a paper towel over my finger.

Sue G.,
    I'm sorry to hear about your damage.

Amy A-Z,
    I hope your weather is getting better.
    Wax figures, So if you ever come to Niagara Falls you don't want to go to Mme. Toussaud's Wax Museum? Lol. I don't like them either.

Theresa,
    You've got Carolina Chickadees. They look almost like the Black Capped Chickadees and their song/call is slightly different. Carolina ones stay to the south.

Dottie,
    Once you get the pics on photobucket, I can talk you through getting them on here : )

Cindy,
    I'm glad you are healing good.
    It is funny how so many of the older ladies never learned to drive. My one grandmother never did. My other grandmother did only at my mother's insistence since she and my grandfather were both ill with cancer. Thankfully she did learn to drive since they both died, but now she can't again since her back got so bad. I'm glad though because now she is getting weaker and would be a road hazard.

Treasa,
    That was a good April fool's joke. No one played any on me this year.

Shirley,
    That is too funny about the mouse. I'm not too scared of them since I used to have pet rats(lab rats, not wild ones, lol.) But if I'm somewhere and one jumps out of something close to me, I'll scream too!

Hi to everyone else!! : )
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Carolina Chickadee

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a good weekend. It's been another one of those busy weeks. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I would like to participate in the swap this month. Will write more later when I get a chance.

Dianne

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

GAME TIMEsize=+3>

Okie dokie kidsÂtime for a game. Since we are on a theme of challenging each other for information that canÂt be googled (well, maybe one question - but you have to know the answer first!!!), now itÂs my turn to test you all. A prize will be awarded to the winner.color>

1. How many bird feeders do I currently have on my property?

2. WhatÂs that "embarrassing" thing I did at the dentist?

3. What does my granddaughterÂs name mean?

4. WhatÂs the "strangest" thing I have ever traded for on GW?

5. On the subject of mice as mentioned in a prior post, we lived in a rental property prior to purchasing our current home which was infested with the critters. How many did I catch/trap in just one day?

6. What is my least favorite thing to do?

7. I collect many things, but one "common" item is in miniature - what is it?

8. Where am I posting from?

9. What is my favorite genre of movies?

1. What size shoe do I wear?
  • earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi everyone. I sent mail to April and Bev to see if they were interested in playing this month before I close this out. I know April was in transition for the time, but wanted to give her as well as Bev a chance to say yeah or nay before I match partners.

Here's where we stand.

UPDATE
    Alwaysagarden - PASS
    Amybabyboy - PLAYING
    Brittneysgran - PLAYING
    Debbya - PLAYING
    Diggindirt49
    Dieg01991 - PLAYING
    Dirtundermynails
    Drgulley - PLAYING
    Fcoffill - PASS
    Hazelnutbunny - PLAYING
    Luckyladyd - PLAYING
    Ilovefarac - PLAYING
    Margaret 2007 - PLAYING
    Mellen - PLAYING
    Missg - PLAYING
    Remy - PLAYING
    Sandlapper Rose - PASS
    Squanzon - PLAYING
    Theresa24 - PLAYING
    Uptreasa - PLAYING
    Veeja11 - PLAYING
    Wynative - PASS

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Hi EarthlyD:

I'll play with you . . . Guess everyone else is out partying! I'm home alone (and loving it!) tonight, as DH is out of town and my son has gone on Spring Break for a week with a friend. Whaaahoooo!!!

I can hog the remote, eat spiced pecans and wine for dinner and fool with my plants as much as I want! I have a whole 24 hours until DH returns!

Here are my guesses:
    1. 6
    2. throw up
    3. moonbeam
    4. ladybugs
    5. 7
    6. iron
    7. doll house furniture
    8. the basement
    9. doll house furniture

1. 8

Dottie

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Dottie, GardenWeb has been extremely slow to load for me all day so maybe some others are having the same problem. However, out in the garden is an excellent guess. I think I worked in the garden for 6-7 hours today. I am going to be so sore tomorrow!

Here are my guesses... totally guesses - I have no clue!
    1. How many bird feeders do I currently have on my property? 6
    Bit the dentist's hand
    Sunshine
    a pumpkin
    5. On the subject of mice as mentioned in a prior post, we lived in a rental property prior to purchasing our current home which was infested with the critters. How many did I catch/trap in just one day? 10
    go to the dentist
    tea cup
    Your bedroom
    9. What is my favorite genre of movies? Mystery

1. What size shoe do I wear? 8

I doubt I have anything right, but it's fun to play!
    Jeanne

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Maryanne, this should keep us busy for awhile!

2.fart
    3.Wish I knew her name, but will say "Light".
    4.Earth worms
    6.Dust your house
    7.Spoons
    8.Dinning Room
    9.Sci Fi

• veeja11
    15 years ago

wow I have about 10 of those lil birds at my feeder must be a northwest variety, they are here every year, gotta put up a house in case they want one. my guesses
    1. 19
    2. burp
    3.gods gift
    4.worms
    5. 12
    6. laundry
    7. angel's
    8.work
    9. mystery

1. 7
      can't wait to see who my pal is. Melissa how are the lil 8 doing ? today was 60 I smelled spring daffs almost open but not quite. happy spring carol
  • brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Remy-I googled the Broadway Market and what a super neat place. You just have way too many fun places to go in NY. I was hoping to Vacation there this year but the family has chosen to go to Disney World this year. Hopefully another year I will make it.

Maryanne here goes.
    1. 8
    2. burped
    3. sunshine
    4. worms
    5. 10
    6. housework
    7. salt & pepper shakers
    8. work
    9. crime drama

1. 8 1/2

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

what i jammed pack morning i had. got up early, transplanted a bunch of tomato seedlings, then i scraped all the old caulking from around the tub and scraped and sanded the wall around the tub where the paint was chipping away, then took a break and watched two episodes of a series i'm trying to catch up on. then i took my son to an appointment and while he was there, i food shopped. on the way home we stopped at a few farmer's markets and then went out to lunch. came home, put groceries away and then i went to #8 (see game question) to avoid #6. other than dishes, was very lazy the rest of the day.

some good guesses so far girls. cindy, you made me laugh on answer #2. that's not half as embarassing as what i actually did! you are the closest on #5. carol, you are so very close on #3. jeanne is in the right ballpark on #7 and shirley, you are dead on with #6.

maryanne

• mellen
    15 years ago

I received some special gifts from Melissa today for winning her game. She sent lemon fragranced hand lotion, B&B cucumber melon hand sanitizer, and some coneflower seeds. Wonderful!!! Thanks so much, Melissa!

Maryanne, here are my guesses:

1. 7
    2. passed out
    3. fair one/light one
    4. Depends
    5. 14
    6. clean house
    7. tea cups
    8. bathroom
    9. crime/mystery
    10.7 1/2

Well?
    Mary Ellen

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Good morning girls.
    I'm heading to Home Depot and then out into the yard, but first, I thought I'd take another shot:

1. 13
    2. wet the chair
    3. Godsend
    4. lawn chair
    5. 4
    6. housework
    7. teapots
    8. yard
    9. horror

1. 9
  • hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Mellen~ I hope you enjoy them, I know I go through both lotion & sanitizer like crazy.:O)

Maryanne~ ICK YUCK GROSS! With the mice! I can relate- the last duplex we lived in, we had mice. We didn't know just HOW bad until we moved out, went back later that week to clean....and they were literally an inch deep in my boy's bedroom closet! There must have been hundreds of the critters.
    I don't think I stopped shuddering for a week!
    I STILL freak when I see a mouse in the house.
    UGH. Never again.
    *shudder*

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! We're in a for a hard freeze in a few days, so I have to bring all my plants BACK inside, and I'm glad I've been lazy on starting the garden this year. LOL No seedlings to worry about.

Have a good one, everyone!
    Melissa

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

good morning everyone

maryellen - depends was one of the funniest things i ever received (thanks carol) but not the strangest.

dottie you are over on 1 and 10 and way too low on 5 and even though jeanne and mary ellen were in the right church, wrong pew, you are spot on #7.

so now, 3 of you guessed #6 correctly.

i'm trying to figure out how to give you a clue to #2, but i'm loving all the answers to that one so far.

beautiful day out today, especially after the outrageous winds we've had for the last few days. but as of right now, i'm inside, doing much needed and overdue #6.

have a good morning, be back later.

maryanne

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

UPDATE
    Alwaysagarden - PASS
    Amybabyboy - PLAYING
    Brittneysgran - PLAYING
    Debbya - PLAYING
    Diggindirt49 - PASS
    Dieg01991 - PLAYING
    Dirtundermynails -- has anyone heard from april?
    Drgulley - PLAYING
    Fcoffill - PASS
    Hazelnutbunny - PLAYING
    Luckyladyd - PLAYING
    Ilovefarac - PLAYING
    Margaret 2007 - PLAYING
    Mellen - PLAYING
    Missg - PLAYING
    Remy - PLAYING
    Sandlapper Rose - PASS
    Squanzon - PLAYING
    Theresa24 - PLAYING
    Uptreasa - PLAYING
    Veeja11 - PLAYING
    Wynative - PASS

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I'm back to try again!

1. How many bird feeders do I currently have on my property? 9
    Forgot wallet and couldn't pay
    Love
    swing
    5. On the subject of mice as mentioned in a prior post, we lived in a rental property prior to purchasing our current home which was infested with the critters. How many did I catch/trap in just one day? 10
    clean house
    teapots
    Someone else's house
    9. What is my favorite genre of movies? Comedy

1. What size shoe do I wear? 9

Jeanne

• mellen
    15 years ago

Trying again:

1. 12
    2. screamed
    3. first born
    4. garden poo
    5. 12
    6. house clean
    7. teacups
    8. kitchen table
    9. sci-fi

1. 7 1/2

Mary Ellen

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

hint for #2 - take it to a "whole 'nother level". when i say embarassing, i mean embarassing.

6 and 7 have been established.

carol was closest with #3

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

I'll give it a try...

1. 7
    2. cried
    3. blessing
    4. shoes
    5. 20
    6. housework
    7. teapots
    8. home office
    9. romantic comedy

1. 5

I found out that the birds are Carolina Chikadees which explains why they were here. Very close relatives to the black-capped Chickadee.

Beautiful day here but I am inside working.

Theresa

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

Wow, I have been missing out! I guess I will give it a try!
    1. 14
    2. cried
    3. heavenly gift
    4. manure
    5. 16
    6. house cleaning
    7. teapots
    8. couch
    9. psychological thrillers

1. 8 1/2

Melinda

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

This is fun Maryanne.

2.your hand went out to grab something and grabbed dentist privates
    3.Gods blessing
    4.Garden article from magazine/newspaper
    6.house cleaning
    7.teapots
    8.your garden
    9.suspense

1. 6

Cindy

• veeja11
    15 years ago

ok new guesses
    2. wet pants
    3.a gift from God
    4.razor ( another special gift from carol)
    6. housework
    7.teacups
    8.mystery
    9. 7 1/2, you should have used that depends I sent you.so nice to have Maryanne so active it has been awhile and she is sooo much fun. happy spring carol

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

How many bird feeders do I currently have on my property? 12

2. WhatÂs that "embarrassing" thing I did at the dentist? threw up

3. What does my granddaughterÂs name mean? gift from God

4. WhatÂs the "strangest" thing I have ever traded for on GW? worms

5. On the subject of mice as mentioned in a prior post, we lived in a rental property prior to purchasing our current home which was infested with the critters. How many did I catch/trap in just one day? 13

6. What is my least favorite thing to do? laundry

7. I collect many things, but one "common" item is in miniature - what is it? african violets

8. Where am I posting from? work

9. What is my favorite genre of movies? comedies

1. What size shoe do I wear? 9
  • brittneysgran
    15 years ago

1. 11
    2. let off gas (that would have to be very embarrasing)
    3. precious gift
    4. clothes
    5. 20
    6. housework
    7. teapots
    8. bedroom
    9. detective

1. 7

Shirley

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Boy you've all been having fun while I was at work and at my grandmother's!
    Ok I got to take a stab at this.

1 12
    2 Moved your arm and almost took hold of his woochies(if yo uknow what I mean, lol)
    3 God's child
    4 13
    5 9
    6 housework
    7 tea pots
    8 attic
    9 tear jerkers
    10 6

Where I work was named the best grocery chain in the USA in the new Consumer Reports Mag!

Shirley,
    Too bad! You have to get up this way sometime.
    I had a dream the other day, I forgot to tell you. It must of been the tree pics. I went to visit you in my dream, and it was so pretty.
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    15 years ago

i am having a lot of fun with this game.

cindy and carol, on #2, i laughed so hard at your answers. i will say cindy's mind is working towards the real answer. i am wondering if anyone will ever get it. just think of all the actions a dentist does to prep you - well, at least my dentist does it (and dang, is he one good looking man !!!!)

amy was the closest on #1 and then shirley answered it correctly.

#3 i might take some liberties with, because several of you are close, but i guess it's tough if you don't know her name. i think i've only used it two or three times in previous posts.

finally, someone got my shoe size.

the right answer to 4 has been guessed and answered correctly twice today, although in different words.

so now, 1, 4, 6, 7 and 10 have all been answered correctly.

and carol, yes, the razor was a great gift and to this day, i still use the same kind.

i'm starting a new post where partners will be assigned.

i'll post this over there as well.

maryanne

• uptreasa
    15 years ago

So funny! LOL Here goes.
    1. 11
    2. You caused him to have an erection. (I'm blushing.)
    3. Gracious gift from God
    4. Manure, or "fertilizer"
    5. 19
    6. housework
    7. teapots
    8. family room
    9. documentary

1. 7
  • uptreasa
    15 years ago

2. accidentally bit his hand?
    3. created by God?