Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smokymist

Sedum Cuttings Swap

SmokyMist
15 years ago

It has been forever since I've hosted a swap, but I've been thinking about this one for a long time.

There are alot of sedum fanatics out there like me. I have around 82-83 named varieites so far lol....

yes it is an addiction.

This is just in the 'tossing around' stages right now, as it will be a late Spring swap, possibly mid to late May so your sedums have time to grow and have swapable cuttings.

This will involve named varieties only and you must be sure of the variety you have. No ' Green sedum with pink blooms'. If you're not sure, post a picture and we can id it for you.

So...post if you are interested at all, so I can see if there would be enough folks to do it. For some of us it would be harder to find sedums we dont' have, but there are some I'd like more of, so I'd participate.

Sedum cuttings need to be shipped dry, simply wrapped in newspaper and labeled. Not a heavy item to ship.

Not exactly sure how I'd do this so i'd probably need help.

Just please post if you'd be interested in this and we'll see if there are enough .

Cheryl

Comments (8)

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Interesting idea for a swap! I only have 8 or 9 varieties, but I love them. I'd be interested in participating.

Maybe everyone could send a wishlist of the ones they are hoping for, and that way you could figure out which ones to send to who.

Bonnie

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes we could have each person make a 'wish list'...but , if the cuttings are sent to me to re-distribute, they'd have to be quickly shipped to me and quickly shipped back out again. Although you know Sedum is tough to kill. This is going to require alot of thought for sure.
    Maybe swap partners ? But then each person wouldn't really get 'alot' of sedums..
    Like I said...there is alot to think about here, so this is why I'm bouncing this idea around this early.

• cjcjmass
    15 years ago

Hello.

My name is Cindy and I would like
    to be a part of this swap.I love sedum
    so count me in.

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Hmmm ... what if the participants sent the cuttings directly to the ones that have them on their wishlist? Or would that be too much postage expense?

• SmokyMist
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Too much postage and a risk that somebody won't get a package ( you know how that works *sigh*)
    Cindy, you don't have a trade list up for plants.

This would definately be for people with sedums to offer, as it wouldn't be fair for some to get alot because it's on their want list, but not have alot to offer in return.

See I'm not sure if this is a possible swap, so I was hoping for ideas...keep them coming please :o)

• plantsrme2
    15 years ago

Mark from maine here, count me in. I have hardy sedums only @ 30 species and varieties. Will check in later in the spring

• plantsrme2
    15 years ago

I think if each person has a wish list and a list of what they have and are willing to share. Then people could chose a set number( that we as a group determine)of cuttings from different lists and be willing to mail out that many. That way we can chose sedums from different people. Play around with that Idea.

• cjcjmass
    15 years ago

Thank for letting me no.I do have several plant of sedum but just have not had a chance to put them on line..I will wait until i can get a camera to put them up. Made be next time.