Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tastefullyjulie

UPDATE: Mix-it-Up Secret Swap

tastefullyjulie
18 years ago

We're still looking for new members so come join us. This will be really fun, no experience necessary.

All you need to do is email me with your wishlist and a list of the types of items you are able to send your secret pal. Then I will match up the most appropriate people and email you with their address and wishlist.

We can swap for anything - seeds, plants, garden decor, handmade items, books, etc. Mix it up!

Members so far:

me

wynative

gardeningwitch

suebug

anne_geee

debbya

nitelite

fivemeows

agardenofweedin

mikeyjoe

Comments (60)

• gardeningwitch
    18 years ago

I'm here!

• wynative
    18 years ago

I am also here~
    Marie

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok, we've heard from:
    wynative
    gardeningwitch
    anne_geee
    debbya
    nitelite
    amybabyboy3

Which means we still need the following to check in:
    suebug
    fivemeows
    agardenofweedin
    MikeyJoe
    snyder
    pattyp2257
    serenity_lane_ga

I will email everyone who still hasn't posted tomorrow so we can get going.

• agardenofweedin
    18 years ago

I'm here-- sorry-- the weather is beautiful and I've been outside.

• snyder
    18 years ago

I'm still in. Snyder

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Excellent. Now just 5 more suspects :)

suebug
    fivemeows
    MikeyJoe
    pattyp2257
    serenity_lane_ga

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok, now the only 4 i haven't heard from are:

suebug
    fivemeows
    MikeyJoe
    pattyp2257

I will go email them now.

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Awesome, just 2 more to go! I can't wait to start.

fivemeows
    pattyp2257

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I've heard from everyone except fivemeows.

Does everyone want to start now or wait a little longer? Let me know!

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok, well I guess we'll start. I've been a bit under the weather but I'll try to have everyone matched up in the next few days.

• wynative
    18 years ago

Hi Julie, When are we to send out boxes out? My Daughter's Great~Grandad past last night. If nobody objects, could we wait till closer to the first week in May?

Sure hope you get to feeling better!
    Marie

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Sorry to hear that Marie.

Actually, I think the date was May 10th. I set it later for people in colder zones like me who will have to wait to plant some things out. I will work on partners tonight (after American idol, lol)

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok everyone, the lists anre all on their way to you via email. Let me know if you didn't get yours.

I was thinking minimum of 5 items per box of course it will vary with the value of the items. Just use your best jusgement and try to send a box like you would want to receive.

Have fun!

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Hi Julie,
    I didn't receive mine yet.

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok, everyone should have their pal and list now. I didn't include names because it's still a secret and at the end I'll post who had who.

I'm new to this so forgive me, I forgot to mention a couple things.

First: Packages should be mailed by May 10th at the latest.

Second: Please email me with the Delivery Confirmation number of your package after you send it out. This way I can keep track and make sure everyone gets their package without letting the secret out.

Thanks, this will be fun!

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well I've been having fun putting together my box!

I forgot to mention that these are the final players we ended up with:

wynative
    gardeningwitch
    anne_geee
    debbya
    nitelite
    amybabyboy3
    suebug
    agardenofweedin
    snyder
    pattyp2257
    tastefullyjulie

One last thing about DC#'s. While I've been trying my best to keep this all a secret I have been seriously CONFUSING myself. Because if you email me your DC# and I post it here to the person it's for, then you can just look at it and know who your pal was :) I am losing it! I guess we should all just post the number here and sooner or later the cat will be out of the bag but we can make sure that everyone gets their package.

Is everyone thoroughly confused now?

• nitelite
    18 years ago

Julie,

You could always not post the DCs to the group, just privately email the person that their package is due to arrive, and than, ask that person to let you know when you receive it [just an idea to keep the whole secret thing secret!

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well, thank goodness at least someone's thinking straight. That will work!

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

agardenofweedin, your robin is in flight and I will email your DC#

• agardenofweedin
    18 years ago

Julie- Received my package today. Everything arrived just fine. The plant is already in the herb garden. Thanks so much for the goodies. joy

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh good, I was hoping the cilantro would survive the trip. How did you know it was me, lol :)

• Debra Andruska
    18 years ago

Hey,
    I thought this was a secret swap, LOL!

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think I signed the note I stuck inside the box by mistake and I stuck a return address label on it. I'm losing my mind!!

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

I received my box today and it is awesome!! I love everything that my "secret" pal Joy sent. It is wonderful!! A beautiful Pixie parasol daylily, 3 elephant ears which I love, and Kalanchoe for my sunporch, a beautiful copper art chime, beautiful garden fabric and georgia gardening magazines. I am so happy with all my goodies. Joy, Thank you so much!!!!

• agardenofweedin
    17 years ago

Julie- It wasn't too hard to figure it out. :-) And as for knowing it was Amy-- I just had her in another swap earlier in the month. Hope eveyone else gets suprised!! It was fun and hope to see you all again for another swap.
    Happy Gardening - Joy

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just an update. So far Joy, Amy, and Susan have received their boxes. At least, those are the only 3 I am aware of. If anyone else shipped already, please email me the tracking number and I will send it to your secret pal.

• wynative
    17 years ago

Doing the Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy Dance in Wyoming ~ GRIN

I recieved my surprise box today. Wow, it was stuffed full of all kinds of wonderful things! 17 Glads - Pink & Purple, 4 mixed Lilies, plastic stakes w/marker, Medal stakes for Glads and Lilies, a Bird plant stake, a Butterflys welcome stake, cutest Mama & Baby frog figure, very pretty Bird Garden Flag, a Flower-pot Tomato kit, journal for next years WS, Purple sun catcher, an ADORABLE Teddy Bear picture fram - perfect for my new picture of my Great Niece & Nephew :), dove chocolate squares and 10! yes 10 Baby Ruth candy bars! My taste buds are in Heaven~

Thanks so very much to my Secret Pal - I love everything!
    Have a great weekend,
    Marie

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sounds like a great box Marie!

Ok, if I can make any sense of my notes, I believe that amybabyboy3, gardeningwitch, pattyp2257, and suebug are the remaining members that still need to send. Email me if you already did and I'll scratch you off my list. I'll reveal all the "secrets" at the end although it seems so easy to figure out, lol ;)

• gardeningwitch
    17 years ago

I am going to send mine today! I had surgery last week, so I am not allowed to drive for 2 weeks, but my friend is picking me up to go to a garden center, so we will swing by the post office!

I hope you enjoy it secret buddy!!

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received my box today, woo hoo. I love everything and so do my kids! I found out that rain lilies are also called fairy lilies which is perfect for our fairy garden. I obviously know who you are since I assigned myself to you, lol. I felt like a cheater but at least you didn't know it was me ;)

Thank you Carrie Ann!

• nitelite
    17 years ago

lol Julie!!!

Sneaky sneaky sneaky!!!!

These are pictures of the rain lily's that those seeds will produce...
    {{gwi:1257841}}

Here is what the flowers look like..

{{gwi:1257842}}

This is what the flowers look like when they are 'spent'. they turn a rosish color... as the flowers age, they turn a rose tint on the edges...

When i sent that box, i tried to keep in mind that you had children too... since i have found, that most gardeners, involve their children... and there was a mention of a fairy garden... so, I am glad you enjoy the box...

Blessed Be,
    Carrie Ann

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Julie, My box is going out Monday. Thanks, Amy

• pattyp2257
    17 years ago

julie i got my box ready and it is going to be mailed monday it has been raining here a lot so i hope they like it thanks patty

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

The box went out today and delivery confirmation is #03052710000115762950. Hope my pal enjoys. Amy

• pattyp2257
    17 years ago

i got my box today from my secret pal and i loved everything some gardening books some special tea and filters some seeds a little birdhouse a candel and some jam some apricot mango some peat pellets a pair of gloves and a bird bell feeder for songbirds i loved everything snd thsnkd for msking my day i love to read and i will learn a lot from the books and i love salsa so now i can make it thankyou secret pal patty

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I can't wait until my box arrives!

• gardeningwitch
    17 years ago

Pattyp2257:

I am glad you liked it!! It was very fun putting it all together for you!!

Enjoy!!

~Marisa :)

• gardeningwitch
    17 years ago

Of course now I just realized that this was suppose to be "Secret"

Sorry!! Disregard that last post!! hahaha

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deb,

I think you are the last one!

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rumor has it that Snyder received her box and that Deb's is going out in the morning...

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I just love rumors, LOL!

• snyder
    17 years ago

I opened my secret box today and my what a nice box.It cost her a fortune to mail it. It contained the following. a bath scrubby, a kitchen set,tea towel hot pad and oven mitt with a cow on them, a pretty wind sock which I think I will hang out in my gazabo, and a real pretty sun catcher with a humminbird in it, and I love those little birds. Also 20, yes 20 bulbs and plants. I have 7 large bulbs 4 small bulbs 3 other live plants and 6 what I beleive are daylilys. Will you revel who our partners are later? She failed to tell me what the flowers were. Any way I know they will be lovely and thank you very much secret pal. A very nice box and surprise Ann

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sounds great Ann. I will be revealing partners very soon!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

No package yet, hopefully soon! ;)

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deb, your robin is in flight!

DC# 03051720000246478850

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Thanks Julie for letting me know! I'm excited!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Hi,
    My box arrived. At least I think it's my box, LOL. The box came addressed to "Dee" with no last name. It had my address on it..so I accepted it.

I loved everything inside! Potpourri tart, 3 candles (leaf shaped), Agave birdnest, Chinese evergreen, Philo Brazil, Red arrow head, heart philo, Jade, purple wandering Jew.

Thanks so much Susan!

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yeah, the robin is complete! Now I can reveal the big secrets - not like most of us haven't figured it out already ;)

tastefullyjulie ~~> agardenofweedin ~~> amybabyboy3 ~~> gardeningwitch ~~> pattyp2257 ~~> snyder ~~> WYnative ~~> nitelite ~~> tastefullyjulie

and...
    debbya ~~> suebug
    suebug ~~> debbya
    Your interests were so similar I had to pair you 2 up!

Hope everyone had fun.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Julie,
    It was fun, thanks for coordinating it! I had no idea that Suebug and I had so much in common, LOL!

• wynative
    17 years ago

Julie ~ thanks for being our host for this swap! It was alot of fun, would love to do it again sometime GRIN!

Snyder ~ Thanks for all the great things that you sent!

Marie