Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

UPDATE: April - Garden Circle Exchange Ring

sandlapper_rose
18 years ago

A new month ahead - remember to treat your pal.

(Yes, I know some have already sent something --- gotta love the early birds!!!)

Mellen has an April birthday - April 17.

Anyone else?

Comments (70)

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

So sorry to hear you have been in the hospital, Susie. Get well really soon; okay? Your garden buddies miss you when you're gone. Here's hoping everyone else has gotten well, too.
    Easter is right around the corner now...

• beth_b_kodiak
    18 years ago

Special thanks to my great buddy Plantlady Jan for my adorable ladybug wind chime. You already sent me Easter Goodies and I must say that Chocolate Peanutbutter bunny was the best storebought Chocolate I've had in years. Don't be spoiling me too much here.
    The windchime is leaving with me on Wed and will hand right outside the kitchen door at my new house. It is so bright and colorful and will remind me of you every time I go out.
    Thanks too for the sunflower card. They are the MD state flower and I'm going to plant lots of them too. I'm going to plant lots of lots of things. I'll be busy as busy can be.
    Hope all is well with you Jan. Keep in touch. I may be away from the computer for a few days at a time over the next two weeks but I'll be checking in when I can.
    Hugs, Beth

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Hi everyone! Been away for the weekend and realized I forgot to post before I left that I received a wonderful package from my dear friend Faint! She knows I received it, (we opened it together, so to speak lol) I just forgot to post here.

Faint sent me my very own easter basket full of goodies,
    Peacock Orchids, Asiatic Lily's 'Jetfire' yellow with orange tips, picture is beautiful! Dinner plate Dahlia which I love! "Ace Summer Sunset" I'm sooooo excited over all my bulbs! And now that my easter basket is empty, lol, I have 3 more asiatic hybrid lily's "centerfold" that are just gorgeous! Also in my easter basket was wonder soil, the cutest lil easter bunny (too cute), a wonderful smelling candle, orange-vanilla scented, a little birdie plant stake and of course my candy treats and candy carrots for her favorite bunny! lol

Faint, sure hope I didn't miss anything! You know I loved everything as always! Love you to death and many many thanks for my goodies, but much more for just being you! Hugs!

Shannon your package will go out tommorrow hope you enjoy!

• wynative
    18 years ago

Suzanne ~ I mailed you package Friday -
    conformation #0305-0830-0004-0712-3468

Have a great Easter!
    Marie

• pedalpusher
    18 years ago

Susie,
    Hope that you're doing better. Hate to hear that you were in again. Please don't worry about anything as I'm a very understanding pal and if you need to take time out and recover forget about me for awhile and just get well. I've been thinking of you! Regarding the package, I just called the post office and they claimed they didn't have it, well guess what it appeared so I will be picking it up today at 4 p.m. Hope you're recovering. Take Care.

Carman

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

A special Easter thank you to my pal (Daisy Me) for the package that arrived today. I was totally amazed when I saw the size of it!
    {{gwi:1257857}}
    Anyway, I got a watering wand (which I can really use - has been so dry here), return address labels with a gardening theme, Nestles chocolate Easter eggs (Yum), a bath net and Green Apple and Pea soap, and the following plants: Variegated Solomon's Seal, Red Spider Lily, Native Columbine, Celadine Poppy, and Pulmonaria 'Mrs. Moon.' A few of these I will have to look up, but love getting new plants and the other goodies are great, too!
    Have a Happy Easter, pal.
    Jeanne

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Karen,
    Your package has been mailed, it should be there tomorrow. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather. I think our spring will be a short one. They are predicting temps of 90°+ this week.

• skohler
    18 years ago

hey carman
    Glad its there yet was affraid they would send it back to me . all I have is a po box address for you.
    can you send me a street address so I can send fedx or ups ?
    It will help later when I send plants . please email if you will .
    hope everything is a ok :)))
    susie

• mellen
    18 years ago

Beth, Your box arrived today. I was surprised to see it so soon after you had just warned me that it was on its way. As usual Beth sent a boxful of wonderful gifts! LOTS of candy to make me even bigger than I am--chocolate marshmallow bunnies, a huge, white chocolate/peanute butter bunny, malted milk eggs(I LOVE these), a raspberry Russell Stover egg, an ALL chocolate bunny, plus the ever-famous PEEPS! Also tucked away in the box was this very pretty pink and white basket with pink and blue flowers painted around the top rim. I'm thinking I will use it in the bathroom in the basement. It is really needing something with some other color in there besides blue and white. Inside the basket was the cutest, fuzziest brown, white, and black rabbit! Beth also sent a box of the most beautiful and unusual looking glad bulbs. And yes, Beth, I DO like "unusual." They are called Comet. They look to be a bicolor deep to light purple combined with bright yellow. I am very excited to see them bloom. Beth, you continue to be so generous and thoughtful, and I just love the cards that you write. I appreciate all that you have to say. Thank you so much for everything! Mary Ellen/Mellen

P.S. I will be writing about the other items you included in the other thread. ;) ME

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone! Looks like everyone's getting great boxes as usual! Shannon yours will be delivered tommorrow via UPS so be on the look out! I really had fun picking things out for you and hope you like everything!

• mellen
    18 years ago

Vee, your box is going out today! Mellen

• PlantladyJan
    18 years ago

Ok gals here is what my pal sent me. The cutest tea cup/saucer basket !! It is so cute! I just love it!! It was filled to the brim with goodies! Thanks so much!! Also she sent a pretty handbag with grapes on it! How did you do I am into the grape thing? Also enclosed was the most adorable bunny I have ever seen! Again how did you know my colors are olive green/purple? The garden gloves are just to cute!! They are a bright green and have a large silk sunflower on them!! I have been enjoying the yummy treats!! I stopped buying treats so they were extra special!! Thanks so much for the nice package of goodies and the beautiful card. You are a wonderful pal and I am blessed to have you!! Thanks for the seeds too!! I am getting some started!
    I wish you all a blessed Easter! Take care! Another nice day but rain tonight and tomorrow!

• gardeningmomof3
    18 years ago

Received my package toda.

Inside the box was caladiums, peonie, a cute little bunnie that wiggles around in a circle if you pull the string. More books to read. (They will have to wait a while now. Gardening is more important, LOL) A hen and chick inside a gourd.a small tin bucket with a rose pin inside of it. Plus, three huge plastic eggs with candy inside. All for me! Ok, the kids get em. They sure will enjoy them. Thanks so much for thinking of them. They used to be in a swap with another Gardenweb members kids, however, they haven't recieved theirs for the last 3 times! No emails returned either. So frustrating for them. So thanks so much Marie, for including something for the boys.

Hope you all got out on this beautiful day. Or atleast it was here :) I'm going out now to enjoy whats left of it.

• skohler
    18 years ago

HI friends :)))
    well I recieved a very nice box from my pal ATRAVERS :))
    & Just in time she sent me 2/24 set seed starter trays.
    25 peat pellets a stack of plant stakes with the
    permant marker ,
    Lauren's grape Papaver Seeds,
    ECHINACEA KIM"S MOP HEAD
    SWEET WILLIAM DWARF
    & A Note pad With pen :))) I have a new flowerbed started here it is .
    ann thank you & as soon as I get this spot worked up I will be planting lots :)))

have a great night all .

susie

{{gwi:1257858}}

I'LL Get a better picture tomorrow anyone have any ferns & hosta to trade with me :))
    this is not the finnished product lots to do on it yet .

• atravers
    18 years ago

Hi Sue.
    Glad your April packet arrived o.k. What a great family you have to help clear new planting beds. And now I have some good ideas of plants to send along next month!!!!
    Ann

• bojo96
    18 years ago

Susan, your box went out today!
    DC# is 03060320000042696096
    Hope you enjoy it!
    Julie

• skohler
    18 years ago

ANN : Going to plant the seeds today thank you.

carmen : did you get there to pick up the box yet ???
    its been a week I hope they won't send it back here.:))

happy gardening to all
    susie

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

I got a very very nice Easter package from Debbie(OK). In it was a large blue basket stuffed full of candy. It had chocolate bunnies, and a chocolate cross and many many plastic eggs filled with all different kinds of chocolate goodies. Yum! There were also 2 very large eggs with bath fizzies in them as a special treat. Debbie also sent 2 packages of calla lilies. Just the thing for my refurbished pond. I have been wanting to try some of them for quite a while. Also a nice Easter card. Love the picture Debbie. It is so nice to finally see my pal. Thank you so very much!
    Happy Easter to everyone. Hope you have wonderful weekends.
    Karen

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Karen,
    Glad you liked the package. I think you need to go Easter egg hunting though. There's more than candy in them there eggs. LOL

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Shannon's package was delivered yesterday. Hope everything was ok.

Tracking Number Status Delivery Information

1. 1Z 640 8W1 03 5205 333 7
      Delivered
      Delivered on: 04/12/2006
      3:09 P.M.
      Delivered to: HART, MI, US
      Service Type: GROUND
      Diane
  • RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Debbie, What a neat idea. I guess I didn't check those eggs out close enough. I had opened a couple of them and saw all the candy and just assumed that the others had candy also. But no, there was more. One of the eggs had Anti-Stress body spa Soak, two of them had Fresh linen candles, one had Burt's Bee's lip balm,and 4 of them held seed surprises...Cleome rose queen,sweet william mixed pinks, cosmos sensation, and pink Hollyhocks. I felt like a kid opening all the Easter eggs. (and I really liked the little rabbit eggs...I think I will recycle those into Riley's basket..this will be the first Easter she is big enough to hunt eggs). Thank you so much Debbie for the nice surprises. You are the best pal.

Karen

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Karen
    I thought a easter egg hunt would be more fun than just adding the things to the box. That did limit my choices though. Even I, a hopeless chocoholic, couldn't send that much chocolate with nothing else.

I think recycling the eggs is a great idea & I sent you an email about that.

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

Sassy, the package was delivered yesterday, thanx so much!
    We have been in the demolition stage of remodeling the dining room this week, and I had to do a little digging to find the computer =) In fact, I'm still picking bits of plaster out of the keyboard!

Anyhoo, Diane sent me a wonderful garden themed Easter basket! An adorable rose tin filled with garden trinkets, seeds, note pads (I always need these, thanks!) and chocolate =) I have already put the pink eggs out in the bushes out front and the little seed cakes out for the birdies. My cat Ben loved playing in the all the tissue paper, he thanks you also ;)
    I had to fight for the chocolate bunny, the Joes (Sr. and Jr.) are savages when it comes to little chocolate animals!

Summer, I will be emailing you shortly about this months package =) I want to send ya some plants this time so I will be checking with ya first =)

Shannon

• veeja11
    18 years ago

I received a wonderful box from my pal Mellen today, a beautiful wolf card and statue, which I love a book called
    the darwin awards, looks funny, a little bunny catch game, lifesaver jelly beans, carmel eggs, solid chocolate bunny and yellow bunny peeps. I love it all thankyou pal. last night I had dinner with Beth and Poochie, finally got to meet beth it was wonderful. she is one nice lady, I sure enjoyed it, poochie is growing a beard tho. Mellen she may need your razor. a big hug and thankyou to Mellen, you are the bestest pal.

• mellen
    18 years ago

Poochie....is growing.....a beard??? WHAT are you talking about? Details! Details! Ohhh, how I wish I could have been there with the three of you. Carol, you are welcome for your package of gifts. I enjoy bringing you happiness.
    Mellen

psssst...are you losing it?

• pedalpusher
    18 years ago

The Easter Bunny arrived early!!!! Susie you have such great ideas. The placemats will come in very handy and with the nest of candy in a flower pot. I love it. Looking forward to getting the glads in to. You always have such an action packed box. My son & I had a great time opening the missing package. We have a new postmaster and I think she's finally getting to know everyone. I will forward you my address later. Happy Easter Everyone!!!!

• veeja11
    18 years ago

Whoops I was so in love with my wolf I forgot to mention the two lilly bulbs, which I love also, Poochie didn't have a beard, I just didn't want her to mention mine. We need to find a central location and have a meeting someday, with all of us. thankyou again. hugs carol

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
    Well my box from Julie arrived Saturday, my son took it in it the house, but did not come out in the garden (where I was (a.) weeding, and (b.) moving perennials I had divided around in a state of confusion all afternoon) to tell me it had arrived so by the time I noticed it - I was getting cleaned up to go out to church in the evening...had to wait till late last evening to open it....arrrgh the suspense! The box was heavy; I thought Julie was sending me weightlifting equipment but no, (thank goodness) was a very cute stepping stone for the garden, also a little teapot with butterflies on it that said "Butterflies Welcome" and a stake for it to hang on for my butterfly garden, hey Julie I will put that next to the Nanho blue Butterfly bush you sent...and then some easter candy, a chocolate bunny, and some boxes of malted milk eggs (which are actually my favorite easter candy) and some marshmallow ropes, and cute yellow peeps! And a beautiful Easter card. Thanks so much Julie I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.../Susan/giverny4me.
    p.s. to my buddy Debbie I am sending your box out this week, will post conf. number, will have live (I hope)plants if not, let me know. ;)

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Happy Easter Everyone.

Susan,
    I'm looking forward to your package, as usual. :)
    I will let you know when it arrives.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Happy Easter, everyone! I hope it's a beautiful day where you are and that you have some flowers in bloom!

{{gwi:1256038}}

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

An after-Easter celebration ... it's Mellen's birthday!

{{gwi:1257862}}

Have a wonderful day!

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Mellen!

I hope it's a good one.

• RainbowLake
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday Mellen, Hope it was a great day and that you have a wonderful year ahead.
    Karen

• mellen
    18 years ago

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. It has been a good day. DH asked me this morning where I wanted to go for supper, and I told him I wanted a take-out veggie pizza from one of the local places. How's that for "easy." DS called from northern MN. I DO miss him so. And opened a bunch of BD cards.
    Now I'm going to treat myself to an early night to sleep. Again many of you will be in my prayers. Mary Ellen/Mellen

• garden_witch
    18 years ago

Happy belated B-day Mellen =) And I hope everyone had a great Easter!

Summer's package is on the way! Confirmation # 0305 0830 0001 5951 5580.

Happy Gardening =oP
    Shannon

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Mellen,

Just wanted to wish you a happy happy belated birthday!!! I am on the road in Des Moines this week taking some federal training for work but I sure didn't want to forget you. Hope your day was special and the year to come will hold much joy and many blessings!!!

Hugs,
    Dee

• sassyd
    18 years ago

Happy belated birthday Mellen! You're not older, just a little wiser!

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday Miz Mellen! I am glad to hear you had a nice day. Veggie pizza would be my choice too. What a nice DS to call his mum. :)
    Debbie, I sent a package via UPS today, it is supposed to be there by end of business day Friday, please open asap as it is full of live (I HOPE) plants. ;) If they are'nt live at least the thing they are in is pretty cool consolation prize, hope you like it!
    tracking#1zy3037x0283846167

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

Susan,
    Thanks for the heads up, I will be looking for it.
    I'm sure they will live for that short journey.

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Got a great package from Shannon today!!

She shared a Heuchera "Palace Purple", (which she knew I wanted,) and Daylily "Paper Butterfly" from her garden, both of which I am really excited to grow. :)) And then, all the gladiolus!! Black Jack, (also from her garden,) Golden Jester, Wine & Roses, and Orange Sherbet. I have never grown Gladiolus before, but I just love how they look. I looked them up, and really like them all, but definately I think the Black Jack will be my favorite, I absolutely love those! Can't wait for them to grow. :))

I did a lot of work out in the yard today, and spent part of the afternoon finding what I hope will be the perfect places for the plants and bulbs you sent. Thank you so much Shannon, you are the best!!

~Summer

• Boomer _Lady
    18 years ago

I got a wonderful package from Giverny/Susan today.

Susan sent me a nice letter. I so enjoyed reading about her gardens & adventures of Otis the gardening buddy.
    She sent a beautiful tin bucket with embossed flowers on it which I love. A gardening magazine, which I plan to enjoy as soon as I take a shower. IÂm plenty dirty right now since IÂve been out planting the wonderful plants Susan shared with me from her garden. :)

She sent me Scabiosa "Butterfly Blue", 2 Ipomea "Crimson Rambler", Mint "Bee Balm", several Sedum ,Borage & Cardinal Climber Vine. I can't wait to see them blooming here.

Susan,
    Thanks so much much. The plants arrived in great condition, the Cardinal Climber Vine was even blooming.

• giverny4me
    18 years ago

Hi Debbie, Oh your welcome! I am glad everything arrived o.k. I was trying to think of the hardiest stuff to send. These are my "gold standards" did very well for me here in the heat last year so I am sure they will behave in their new home, what with the lack of water in OK and now FL!! Tonight we had intense thunderstorms within 1 mile of my house. Did I get one spit of rain on my garden? no. >:( I kept checking the Weather Channel doppler radar and willing it to travel this way. Oh well...'night y'all.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

My roses are blooming a little earlier than usual this year. They are so pretty that I have to share a few pictures with you!

Crepscule (Just part of the rose bush - I didn't get the top)

Crepscule - flower

Veilchenblau - flower
    {{gwi:1257868}}

Will share some more pictures soon!

• daisy_me
    18 years ago

Gorgeous flowers Sandlapper/Jeanne! I especially like the purple one.

I want to say thanks to my pal, Pastvast/Stephanie! I received a package over the weekend with some really cool surprises! First, Trilliums. Love them! I've really been needing to expand my shade garden beyond the basics and these give me a good start. And second, Skittles. Love them also! I've almost eaten all of them already, I just can't keep my hand out of that bag. Perfect timing too, I just ran out of 3 Musketeers minis so now I've got something new to snack on. And last but not least, Stephanie sent one of her wonderful letters. I really enjoy them and the updates on your life. And you have to keep me updated on that bundle of joy you're expecting! I have no kids myself, really don't want any, but I like to hear about and spoil everyone else's! Thanks again, Stephanie.

Both Sandlapper/Jeanne and Pastvast/Stephanie, I want to apologize for being such an e-mail flake lately. I've been so swamped with home projects that I'm not getting much else done. And the last 2 weeks have been especially bad with replacing the deck. But the deck is almost finished (Yeah!) so you'll both be hearing from me soon. :-)

• skohler
    18 years ago

Hi all
    Just wanted to let my pal pedalpusher Know that
    I will be away for 3-4 days in may Next week but as soon as I get home I will get a box off to her the week of the 8th :))) .

Beside more will be popping out of the ground to share
    with you :))
    have a great day all
    susie

• faintheart
    18 years ago

Beautiful roses, Jeanne!!! I absolutely love roses though I don't have many....yet. I have a new climber I received for my b-day from a dear friend that am anxious to see in bloom for the first time. :) I also have started some from seed over the last few months. I've not seen the mother plant but I know they will be red and am anxious to see what the new babies will look like.

Here are a few pics of what is blooming here in my Iowa garden at the moment:

Dee

• wynative
    18 years ago

Alicia ~ thank for the certificate from Garden Crossings!

These are what I have chose:

Heuchers 'Peach Flambe' - I have wanted one of these for a long time - the color is wonderful

Delosperma 'Kelaidis' - one can never have to many Ice Plants and I don't have this color yet.

Have a great weekend & good luck with Chicago (big grin)!
    Marie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Very pretty tulips, Faintheart. Thanks for sharing them with the group. We finally got a good saoking rain over the last few days. We really needed it.
    Can you believe it's almost May? Wow! This year is flying by!

• abcgirltx
    18 years ago

Happy birthday to all the April birthdays (I saw Mellen had a birthday, don't know if I missed others). I haven't been around much this month to check the site, glad to see everyone is doing well. And love the flower pictures!

Marie, glad you found some things you like from Garden Crossings. Like I said, I ordered from them last year and was exceptionally pleased with the plants. I love the Heuchera Peach Flambe, I bought some of those from them last year, as well as some called Caramel something, or something Caramel. They're doing great, and I do love the color. Will have to check out the iceplant. The only ones I have are bright pink. And thanks for the good luck wishes, things are going great!

Have a good weekend y'all, we're getting a little rain here, so that is a good thing!

Alicia

• pastvast
    18 years ago

My pal sent me a very nice pair of pruners. They will come in very handy. I was doing field work the other day, and they would've been very useful!

Take care,
    -Stephanie